[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I had a thought, /tg/. Have you ever played (or played with)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
I had a thought, /tg/. Have you ever played (or played with) a character who would "dress down" to adventure instead of during off time? We're expecting the standard idea: The heavily armored paladin or warrior gets back to a comfortable tavern and gets out of their armor, putting on some comfortable clothes to relax after their ordeal. But what about the opposite? A character who dresses normally when they're not out fighting monsters and exploring ruins, but when they go on an adventure they dress down to a skimpy outfit, either by necessity for their occupation or tradition?

For example a barbarian who dresses like anyone when he or she is in town (albeit bigger and more muscular of course) but when they go off into the wilds they strip down to a classic barbarian outfit. Or to go more wild, a powerful sorceress who wears comfortable slacks and jumpers while "off duty" but puts on a skimpy sorceress getup when they go out on their next quest?

I dunno, I just found the mental image kind of amusing.
>>
Probably magical realm.
>>
>>47537442
>I had a thought, /tg/

No, you didn't. You wanted an excuse to post another poorly disguised fap thread. Or were looking to kick off the same old realistic-versus-fantastic armour design argument that we've had hundreds of times by now.
>>
File: Bonolenov_bandage_2011.png (692 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Bonolenov_bandage_2011.png
692 KB, 1280x720
>>47537442

Not really, pic related came to my mind when reading about the idea.
>>
>>47537471
>>47537494
Goddamn, I hate the magical realm inquisitors so fucking much.
>>
Nice magical realm, OP
>>
>>47537442
Kek, a little magical realmy, but now I'm imagining some tough scary muscle man wearing a business suit, then just tearing it off and pulling out an axe out of nowhere and charging at something.
>>
>>47537442

Haven't had a game where where people dressed more skimpy then normal while at work.
>>
I'm imagining one of those ancient scottish madmen who'd run into a war with nothing but a metal band around their neck, sword held high and dick pointing firmly towards whoever they were chasing across the battlefield.
>>
>>47537442
I had monster form hulking out style.
Teammate was a monk that just shrugged off his robes in a fight.

Rest of the party was dressed skimpily all the time.
>>
>>47537442
If they're trying to build a reputation, why not? Real-life celebrities do it all the time.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.