[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has a man ever asked you to get him into tabletop? If so, how
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: Buff_Dude.jpg (128 KB, 533x800) Image search: [Google]
Buff_Dude.jpg
128 KB, 533x800
Has a man ever asked you to get him into tabletop? If so, how did it turn out?
>>
>>47525178
yes, poorly. he wasnt ready to really commit time to learning how to interact with the neckbeards
>>
>>47525178

Yes, after I finished college and moved back, several of my friends asked me to run a game for them. They then proved they're incapable of understanding how to play a "ragtag group of cowboys and smugglers" game. I've never encountered a group of people who all want to play a Firefly game then do nothing you'd associate with a Firefly game.

Then they all got obsessed with trans issues and BDSM culture, so I dropped the group.
>>
>>47525178

Yes, but unfortunately he was pretty heavy set and I have flimsy IKEAshit furniture so I had to turn him down out of fear of breaking the table. Shame, he was a hell of a fuck.
>>
File: 1463147908864.jpg (128 KB, 1274x716) Image search: [Google]
1463147908864.jpg
128 KB, 1274x716
>>47525605
Hot
>>
>>47525605
I want more of this story but I fear there isn't anyway
>>
>>47525178
Yeah. Except I was the man. And it was fun. 4 years later, here I am.

The End.
>>
Poorly. Non-nerd people don't have the drive to learn rules or come every week. Their excuses for not coming are often shit they could do any other day, after the session or before if they actually gave a fuck.

This is to the point that "getting drunk on garbage tier beer alone" is more important. Which leads me to believe that non-nerdy people don't actually care for nerdshit, no matter how much they claim so. They just claim they do for social points.
>>
Back in highschool one of the football-players that I was friends with (he was a cool guy, pretty fucking smart too) asked if I could show him how Magic worked, since he'd seen me fiddling around with some cards during study-time in class. After about two weeks he finally got the basics down and I gave him my old Green/Red deck. Just before we graduated he gave the deck back, saying that he was going to buy his own and see where that took him. I just saw him last week at the FLGS win the Friday Night Magic event there, so I guess mission accomplished.
>>
Are non-troll posts acceptable?

My best friend asked to get into D&D seemingly out of the blue, which I was thrilled about because I had an obligation to run a session that night and didn't want him to feel left out.

Turns out he really only wanted to fuck one of my players and wound up causing shitload of drama as things rapidly imploded. Stupid asshole nearly destroyed my campaign AND my friendships with most of my players (two of them bailed and I only recently coaxed them back after like four years).

Joke's on him, he never hit it.
>>
>>47526993
I hope he's not your best friend anymore
>>
>>47527065

He is not.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.