[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Malal Daemonkin
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: Greater Daemon of Malal.jpg (78 KB, 640x482) Image search: [Google]
Greater Daemon of Malal.jpg
78 KB, 640x482
Another Malal thread. This time, instead of 40K let's make stats for Warhammer Fantasy which /tg/ has been neglecting so far. My suggestions for representing Malal in the Warriors of Chaos are:
>Mark of Malal grants Killing Blow. 2pts per model, 10pts for characters.
>Daemon of Malal grants re-rolls of all To Hit rolls of 1 and Hatred (Daemons). 10pts for a Daemon Prince.
>Forsaken of Malal has Fight in Extra Ranks (2pts each)
>Spawn of Malal has Hatred (10pts each)
>Giant of Malal has +1 Movement (10pts)

https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Malal_Daemonkin
>>
File: 1454762829050.jpg (368 KB, 873x1200) Image search: [Google]
1454762829050.jpg
368 KB, 873x1200
>>47510634
I have to say, killing blow for 2 points on troops is a bit too strong, nor really even imposed by fluff.

Malal represents infighting and in a certain way creeping all-consuming fear (considering its choice for the types of daemons), or at least this is what I'm led to think.

So, why don't play with the possibility of malal's mark to give a leadership related rule? something involving terror? or perhaps negation of ranks bonus or to stay more in line with the suggested rule:
>mind-creeper: unsaved close combat attacks from a model with this rule that rolled a 6 to wound count twice for the purpose of combat resolution.
it is not much but can provide an edge without being too relevant, especially against daemons now that I think abut it
>>
>>47510634
Bumping for interest.

Also what would Beastmen of Malal look like? What kind of bonuses would they get?
>>
>>47512703
Let's see, what's a really nihilistic and untaken animal

Maybe hyenas
>>
>>47512703
>>47513522
I don't like Hyenas for this purpose as they're not European enough (inb4 some pedantic fuckwit brings up pleistocene European hyenas).

I'd say vultures if Tzeentch doesn't have a direct claim on all birds.
>>
>>47512703
>>47513587 here. If we're doing standard goat men they'd be emaciated, with horns mismatching in both shape and colour.
>>
>>47513587 >>47513612
What about otters?
>>
File: Beast_of_Malal.jpg (38 KB, 604x328) Image search: [Google]
Beast_of_Malal.jpg
38 KB, 604x328
>>47511064
That is a good idea. Perhaps Mind Creeper would be the special rule for the Pandemonic Paradox but it instead counts all the wounds it inflicts as two for the purposes of combat resolution which is a lot simpler. Here's an idea:
>Daemon of Malal: Daemons of Malal have the Terror special rule or inflict a -1 penalty to the leadership of enemy models in base contact if the model already has it. In addition, Daemons of Malal have the Hatred (Chaos Daemons) special rule.
>Voice of Banishment (Paradox special rule): Unsaved wounds inflicted by Pandemonic Paradoxes count as two for the purposes of combat resolution.
>>47512703
The beastmen would get the same Mark of Malal as the Warriors of Chaos.
>>
>>47512703
Hmm, ... Fishmen? I don't think any faction, as of yet has used creatures found in the oceanic abyss, at least not as far as I know, so that may work.
>>
This is now a Malal 40k thread.
With malal being ignored mainly by gw, are soma of malice still considered official?

Does the emporer's fight against chaos through the imperial truth feed malal as it is rumoured?
>>
>>47511064
Speaking of which. Perhaps Forsaken of Malal should have Fear or even Terror instead of Fight in Extra Ranks. Also, the Mark of Malal grants Rending in 40k which is the Warhammer Fantasy equivalent of Killing Blow.
>>
>>47517501
Sounds interesting, could see some 'shadow over Innsmouth' type inspiration going on
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.