[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Please end this nightmare.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: JebSuicide.jpg (224 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
JebSuicide.jpg
224 KB, 600x800
> Big fan of tabletop games, spend days and months reading and shitposting about them first on giantitp forums, then /tg/
> Never actually play tabletop games, because I'm an unpleasant friendless loser.
> Start looking for an online game.
> Can't find any for about a year, and even if I do find some crazy DM, campaigns either don't start or fall apart after one session.
> Eventually find a party that stays together for longer than a day.
> It consists of social basket cases just like me - a lewd furry degenerate, a lolrandumb gamergurl, a xirgendered faggot and an awkward chinaman who likes Power Rangers a bit too much.
> I'm actually having fun with those people, despite all of them (except the furry) being horrid roleplayers.
> I'm finally contributing to a tabletop game, and even if it's far from an ideal game, I don't really have a room to complain.
> The party falls apart eventually, because those guys enrolled into colleges and shit.
> I'm a bitter friendless loser with no one to play with.
> Again.
> It's been like this for two years already.

I know you shitpost on /tg/, but do you actually play, anon? I can't be the only one.
>>
>>47509067
>TL;DR
>but do you actually play, anon?
No, because college + fulltime job + some family shit. I get to shitpost on /tg/ every once in a while and that's it, presumably for the next two years.
>>
Yes. I run a 3.5 game every tuesday and play in a 5e game when everyone manages to get together.
>>
I got lucky enough to have 2 friends that really enjoy tabletop and stay up late as fuck.

The other 2 refuse to use roll20 so we only play every so often.
>>
>>47509216
>refuse

I don't understand. Games are hard enough to come by.
>>
>>47509067

I'm currently in three different games, all long running (3 years plus).
>>
>>47509229
They aren't that into tabletop to begin with. They are also a couple so if the boyfriend doesn't come over then girlfriend can't come over.

Good thing about them is they RP fairly seriously and don't do That Guy stuff.
>>
Are you a good roleplayer OP? Honestly good? As in...Good grasp of english, at least a moderately good vocabulary, creative, roll with the punches, have fun even when losing, can be a good sport about occasionally being on the butt end of a joke? Do you help your DM tossing ideas, and provide sincere and constructive feedback? Do you sense the group likes and wants and try to play accordingly? Do you know when to stop? Do you know how to act when you fuck up (because everybody eventually fucks up)? Do you know how to act when others fuck up? Specially do you know how to act when the DM fuck up?

If you are good in all of those, I'd love to have you in my group. Or even just most of those, nobody is perfect.
>>
I've been in a group I found due to /tg/ for over 8 years. I won't pretend there haven't been fallouts among us and even some infamous players. But we still regularly game each weekend together online, so I consider it one of the wonderful lucky exceptions to the horrors of group-finding.
>>
>>47509067
Yeah, every other week. Our DM is getting married tomorrow, so it'll be on hiatus for a bit, but yeah.
>>
>>47509324

The last time I saw a wedding the hiatus lasted a year and a half, and it was never the same once it started back up. Good luck.
>>
>>47509290
> Are you a good roleplayer OP? Honestly good?
I would certainly say so. I mean, I know far better roleplayers, but I'm above the average.
> Good grasp of english, at least a moderately good vocabulary
Not exactly. As you can probably see by my posts, english is not my first language, but I am competent enough at it to shitpost here.
> creative, roll with the punches, have fun even when losing, can be a good sport about occasionally being on the butt end of a joke
Yes.
> Do you help your DM tossing ideas, and provide sincere and constructive feedback
More often than not my feedback is "this sucks, because A, B and C".
> Do you sense the group likes and wants and try to play accordingly? Do you know when to stop?
I'm not quite sure what you mean by those questions, but maybe, yes.
> Do you know how to act when you fuck up (because everybody eventually fucks up)?
Pretend that I didn't.
> Do you know how to act when others fuck up?
Mock them, if their fuck up is something that really grinds my gears, like "figuring out" a hidden door because a DM isn't competent enough to hide it from metagamer's keen eye in roll20. If it's not something I hate, I'll probably ignore it.
> Specially do you know how to act when the DM fuck up?
Point it out to him, preferably in private and without others knowing. Unless it's something small or rules related, in which case I point it out loudly.

What do I win?
>>
>>47509439

If you're desperate, apply for a DnD or PF game. That's not a matter of if but when.
>>
File: Yg1MRH2h.jpg (49 KB, 626x462) Image search: [Google]
Yg1MRH2h.jpg
49 KB, 626x462
I played with my pals from college for like 2 years, same campaign. I was literally in a fucking coma for a little over 3 weeks because of a car accident. (Drunk driver hit me pulling out of a parking garage in downtown Montreal)
When I woke up and finally got back in the swing of things I was worried they'd have killed off my character but they held out and justified it by saying I'd become cursed by the main antagonist and couldn't wake up.

Sounds silly to get emotional over a tabletop game but it meant a lot to me. Just have to find the right people.
Remember everyone is just trying to have fun with their pals.
Maybe put out an ad online? Go to a hobby shop and make conversation with someone looking at tabletop stuff?
>>
>>47509067
I just finished a session of V:TM.
Got one session of D&D tuesday, and I DM one session of Shadowrun wednesday or thursday, and I'll probably get to play a few games of Kings of War in the meantime (I played two in the last 3 days already).
>>
>>47509554

Oh wow that's amazing.

Did the doctors give you a chance of waking up in a specific timeframe?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.