[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A Song of Revenge and Gold: House Malroy Quest | Chapter XLIII
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 33
File: HouseMalroy.png (321 KB, 444x649) Image search: [Google]
HouseMalroy.png
321 KB, 444x649
Welcome to A Song of Revenge and Gold: House Malroy Quest. In which you take the reins of a House of storied glorious past since Aegon’s Conquering, but whose fortunes have taken a turn for the worse in the doom that Robert’s Rebellion brought. You are Brynden Malroy, second son to Lord Vamos Malroy and Lady Esemella Hayford and the last living heir to Steadhold and House Malroy. The year is 285AC, two years after the Rebellion and a year after your return to Westeros.

House Malroy is a pre-genned House designed around the idea of a story within the Crownlands of a House fiercely loyal to the Targaryens and their attempts to live in this new world after Robert’s Rebellion. Lord Brynden Malroy is as well pre-genned but will take direction from the players in his ways and how he develops himself further. This Quest will be moderately more story driven than others of its kind, but the development of the House and her lands will take just as much importance.

If you’ve played one of the many Quests within the ASoIaF setting the rules of the SIFRP system should be known. I will be using the Game of Thrones edition, as well as a few of the expansions namely OOSP and a few house rules which will be explained as we come to them. If you have questions about how things work or why certain actions are taken I can explain them as we go along. In truth this is a learning experience for me as well.

Google Documents Mastersheet:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WiZG5xtDqbQKI31IIbqNb4zTmooivb0Ns_J6EatgWgY/edit?usp=sharing

Twitter:

https://twitter.com/RevengeGoldQM

Ask.FM

https://m.ask.fm/RevengeGoldQM

SIFRPG Resources:

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/6sar1o14399xv/SIFRP

Archive:

http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=House%20Malroy

And now without further ado.
>>
File: BryndenMalroy.jpg (824 KB, 2480x3508) Image search: [Google]
BryndenMalroy.jpg
824 KB, 2480x3508
“And the winds would cry.
And many men would die.
And all the waves would bow down.
To the Lorelei...”

“I would certainly hope my newborn daughter is not giving cause for men to die,” you say from the nursery doorway. Lord Quentyn Qorgyle sits with your daughter, Lorelei, in his arms wrapped up in a blanket stitched with little scorpions, a gift from his and Obella’s mother Lady Elysa Dayne.

The dornishman scoffs casting a glance back towards his sister, your wife, sleeping blissfully in the bed. He holds Lorelei up for you to take before leaning back, crossing his leg and speaking in a hushed tone, “If she is anything like her mother. There is little hope for our kind.”

“Little hope there is already,” you respond, nestling her head into your arms. Her eyes open just enough to regard you, her mother’s pools of blue, the sparkle of amethyst.

“I cannot say I disagree Brynden. I am certain even the Prince would find cause to love her. I would suggest in the future, allow her to foster in the Water Gardens. I am certain your son Victus would not mind the trip either,” he says pausing for a chuckle, “My sister will not say it. But I know she will miss home and Lorelei should not be so far removed from her roots, her people. The dornish are proud people, she should be too.”

“A worthwhile suggestion Quentyn, I will take that to heart.”

“The Valyrians were a proud people once too my Lord,” he continues nearly interrupting you. His eyes cast upon his fidgeting fingers, “Do not allow her to forget who she is, in any regard. She is not the Princess that was so cruelly taken from us by that iron bastard… But… There is a hope in her. And in all of your future children.”
>>
File: HouseMalroyFamilyTree.png (127 KB, 4440x1012) Image search: [Google]
HouseMalroyFamilyTree.png
127 KB, 4440x1012
You eyes stay fixed upon your daughter, her arm reaches up for your face, brushing the pink raw flesh from your burn upon your cheek. You stand in silence for a moment and nod your head, emerald flickers in the morning sun as they glance towards Lord Qorgyle, “I shan’t.”

Quentyn responds with a wordless nod gathering himself up and standing, he places a hand upon your shoulder as he passes, “Later, shall we discuss our plans to travel to Highgarden? My son has expressed a love for your roof ‘training yard’. Before dinner?”

“A plan Lord Qorgyle.”

His hand slips off your shoulder as he leaves the room. The quiet only interrupted by the soft cooing of your daughter and Obella’s restlessness as she awakens. She holds up her arms, a soft pout upon her lips as she wishes for her daughter. Taking your place upon the side of the bed you softly hand her off, Lorelei quick to take breast to lips and feed.

“Was that Quentyn I heard?”

You sigh, running a hand over the bristles of your hair, still hadn’t entirely gotten use to that, “It is his niece Obella.”

“And she is my daughter, our daughter,” she half heartedly retorts, “Dorne is no place her, not until she is grown and a woman fledged. My brother knows so little of Sunspear, of the Water Gardens. Children at play is all he sees...” her voice trails off as your hand goes to rest upon her cheek. She smiles, and leans forward into your kiss.

---

“Are you certain you wish to attend my Lady?” Sybelle Sand one of Obella’s handmaidens asks as she dashes after the both of you.

“I am Steadhold’s Lady, Sybelle. Her matters are my matters.”

“But you should be resting my Lady-”

“Enough Sybelle. I will hear no more of it. I am not so frail a creature that I cannot walk a flight of stairs and attend to my House’s affairs.”
>>
File: Crownlands2.jpg (322 KB, 1154x572) Image search: [Google]
Crownlands2.jpg
322 KB, 1154x572
You cast a glance towards Sybelle, emerald flame causes her to blush and her face to deflate in the eyes of her opposition, “Yes my Lady. I am sorry, it was not my place.”

Olyver and Worsh greet you at the doors to the grand hall, snapping off quick salutes before opening the door. Rolling your neck you press down the need to smile. Steadhold was alive it felt. Illiad is entertaining a host of merchants for your Caravanserai in Dyre Den, a few were old friends, others new and young. You had thought it best to hire an Essosi for the job, Lord Eustace Brune seemed amused by the type. The dornish party that had accompanied Lord Qorgyle yet still remained, intermingling with your rather odd household, it occurred to you now more of them were Westerosi than they had been before. The Sons of Gold still remained, but everything else… It was different now. Alive. Thriving. Always growing.

The clicks of your boots draw attention from those finishing brunch, your strides sending them to the winds as it always had before. Eyes are drawn to the servants fixing the new tapestries upon the walls, the colors so rich and vibrant it felt blinding. A glass maker is taking measurements for an old faded stained glass window, it was in tribute to the Seven you recall, your father had once said it was gift from the High Septon himself to the newly made Lord Aeson Malroy. It would do your ancestors proud to have it once again shine brightly. Obella had taken to task rather quickly, Steadhold hadn’t quite felt this clean and lively since your childhood. She smiles by your side as your head swivels about to look at all of the new work.
>>
File: JonosStroumen.jpg (308 KB, 683x969) Image search: [Google]
JonosStroumen.jpg
308 KB, 683x969
Mason in full plate, looking sweaty from a morning workout stands over the council table. Elionwy, his now betrothed sits below him, scribbling about as she typically did. You think for a moment of the dress you owe her, perhaps a wedding dress would be the proper thanks. The papers next to her the House’s finances in lieu of Benjin. She was certainly a good Stewardess, her knowledge of figures and sums far surpassed your own, Mason sometimes stumbled with his words as he read through her notes much to your amusement. Gawen chats with the young Citadel apprentice, Ashby, you felt it only right to invite him to your monthly meeting, good practice and he was sent by one of your more trusted advisors after all. New to the table is the new Captain of Steadhold’s guards, with Dontos gone to Chelsted, Jonos Strouman had taken his place. The man had been with your family since his teens, before your time even, his grey mustache a tribute to that, he knew Steadhold and the common folks concerns better than anyone else you wagered and would be a suitable replacement for your Uncle upon the council. He sat in his full garb, the typical outfit of the Steadhold garrison, the sash of purple hung over his shoulder proudly to indicate his rank.

Helping Obella and Lorelei into her seat you wave your council leave to sit, taking your seat alongside them. Apprentice Ashby shuffles through a small stack of letters passing three to you, “My Lord, these came for you this morning for you.”

“Thank you Ashby,” you say with a small nod and a glance towards Mason and Elionwy, “As you will my Lady.”

Mason begins to break into the speech Elionwy had prepared for him this month. Eyes idly note the three seals upon the letters. The crimson seahorse of House Longwaters, a black unmarked seal, and the soaring eagle of House Arryn. Dark wings, dark words you think for a moment before attention is called to you and your input is desired.

>Roll 9d6 for House Fortunes
>>
>>47506721
>>
Rolled 5, 5, 6, 1, 4, 1, 6, 2, 4 = 34 (9d6)

>>47506721
>>
Few notes. Apologies for this month being abject shit with me running. June will be much better I promise.

Second, if you didn't see on twitter I put together a complete Family History of House Malroy. It changed a few minor points in the History document but nothing major. See, >>47506691, a few of those people might matter in the future.

Lastly. Hope everyone is having a great Memorial Day, if you're American. If not, hope you're enjoying your summers thus far.
>>
Rolled 4, 1, 5, 5, 4, 5, 4, 2, 4 = 34 (9d6)

>>47506721
Fuck the twins they are redwards kin, they may be our blood but they are NOT family
>>
Rolled 5, 3, 6, 5, 5, 6, 6, 3, 1 = 40 (9d6)

>>47506721
>>
>>47506770
>summer

Winter is coming amerifat
>>
>>47506765
>>47506788
>>47506789

Highest is 40. Which means a Growth. So that is a +1d3 to one resource. Or a +1 to two.

Again I'll remind:
>Wealth useful for everything.
>Lands for rebuilding Steadhold.
>Defense for rebuilding the Tower and Bridge.
>Power for military.
>>
>>47506821
+1 to Wealth and Power

Our bonuses on those will net us more than just the 1d3 in a single one will
>>
>>47506821
Didnt we need defense and pop and land ?
>>
>>47506896
Support, I was looking for our total but couldn't find them....
>>
>>47506902
Your Population is actually pretty good right now. It's right in that sweet spot for bonuses.

And yes as mentioned you are in need of Defense and Lands are needed for a couple different projects.
>>
>>47506821
Defence and lands

Also we should probably make plans to retrieve the egg from Bravos I'm thinking knives in the dark on the way to the bank?
>>
>>47506821
>>47506941

Defense and Land then.

Also i am glad to see that one asoiaf is still living.
>>
>>47506913
Total is line 82, now all in Bold.

Short summary:
Defense: 0
Influence: 28
Lands: 0
Law: 42
Population: 31
Power: 2
Wealth: 4

Alright let's do a quick vote, see if we can get some more voices on this.

Resources:
>+1 Power and Wealth
>+1 Defense and Lands
>>
Daddi-O you are here, bless the Old Gods!
>>
>>47506971
What is dead may never die anon

>tfw no brutal hardmode Ironborn quest that is metal as fuck with everything from lost limbs to brutal street fights and rapin
>>
>>47507000
>>+1 Power and Wealth

Outright wasteful to spend it on the other option.
>>
We should really get Lorelei and Obella a wetnurse. Maybe Robb's mother could help with that ?
>>
>>47507000
>Defence and land

I'm phone posting so I can't copy well
>>
>>47507000
>Power and Wealth
>>
>>47507026
Let me get this straight....... you want some peasant women to wet nurse the heiress to house Malroy?

Get the fuck outta here
>>
>>47506821
Defense and Land please.
>>
>>47507064
Dude. That is their job. Even princes and princess has wetnurses.
>>
>>47507000
>+1 Defense and Lands
>>
>>47507092
Make a damn courtier not a peasant then Jesus
>>
>>47507092
Wetnurse is usually a position people like to put servants into since they influence the child when their a toddler (since the wetnurse usually becomes the nanny).
>>
Figured we'd have a bit of a slow start, but I do suppose this is fine. We'll go with Defense and Lands, something a bit different.

>>47507026
While typically, Obella's mother breastfed her and her siblings directly when they were newborns. She picked up that desire up from her. Maybe third or fourth child she'll have gotten over it. No wetnurse necessary for Lorelei.

>>47507129
Robb Waters mother is technically a noblelady. Though she isn't producing milk anymore so sort of a moot point.

ANYWAY. Since this is only +1's this month and Defense has a +1 modifier and Lands has none. No rolls necessary. Let me update everything and we'll move right along. The easiest House Fortunes I've done in awhile.
>>
>>47507155
And she is one of our servants not just some random peasent that lives in the village.

>>47507216
>While typically, Obella's mother breastfed her and her siblings directly when they were newborns. She picked up that desire up from her. Maybe third or fourth child she'll have gotten over it. No wetnurse necessary for Lorelei.

Yeah. But she wont be able to do it all the time since she has responsibilities
>>
File: rhaegar_targaryn_ffg_9840.jpg (46 KB, 300x375) Image search: [Google]
rhaegar_targaryn_ffg_9840.jpg
46 KB, 300x375
Brynden's been burned?

Damn. I look away for five minutes...

I need to get caught up.
>>
>>47507216
>Robb Waters mother is technically a noblelady

My understanding is she was basically a serving girl?

Anyway about that egg? If redfuck sells it off we're likely to be in a world of pain maybe even a faceless man

It's imperative we get the egg back somehow
>>
>>47507231
She was some traitor whore Bobby b fucked no way that shots going near our daughteru
>>
>>47507276
Hes offering the egg up as collateral for his loans I think. Straight up selling it to the bank seems off.

We just have to show up, convince them that redfuck is not good for his loans, offer take out a loan to the value of the egg, and then take it off their hands before another buyer shows up.
>>
>>47507276
>Lady Lilly Cassel, second daughter of Ser Rodrik Cassel to his second wife. Placed under Brynden’s care by Lord Jon Arryn. Elionwy’s handmaiden.

She's a handmaiden. So kind of, sort of. Only reason Robb is recognized is because she's of noble birth the father is still a "mystery".

>>47507247
Yeah, wildfire is a son of a bitch. Passive Endurance check against fire really saved the day on that one.

Anyway, writing now. That was relatively painless.
>>
>>47507342
Sounds good,maybe insinuate/show them that his affairs are heading south due to Westeros law

Hell does the Iron bank even do trade with Slavers? if it was bought to the attention of the powers that be in Braavos they may rethink things
>>
>>47507403
If im right in my suspicions about the egg being put up for collateral instead of being sold, then we may be able to also use our reputation with the bank of bays loan (i.e. we are solvent and credible to actually pay this shit off) to tempt the iron bank into accepting our offer.

They arn't going to give us the egg straight up, and they might even require redfuck to default on his loan before its paid before they accept out offer, but it grabs their attention and locks down the eggs potential location to an accessable area.

We can offer intoducing them to other lords and under the vise of upholding westrosi law (that egg is ours) to sweeten the deal, since when we explain our bank of bays loan they will know there are lots of potential rich clients we can introduce them to.
>>
>>47506673
>Iron bastard

I c wut u did
>>
>>47507492
>there are lots of potential rich clients we can introduce them to.

Many of whom will likely be looking for creditors to solve their issue of Bobby B's Hammer Tax

This is a damn god idea
>>
>>47507000
>>+1 Defense and Lands
Hey Dad, just got here. Glad to see your back
>>
>>47506691
I love the Garin Malroy guy.

Gives his children weird names like Alliser and Valaena and then all of the sudden. Howard.
>>
>>47507247
It's really only a minor burn on our cheek that will fade in time, but yeah we got singed.
>>
File: image.jpg (20 KB, 512x288) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20 KB, 512x288
>Our kids name is Lorlei

Oh dear god she going to be Seo
>>
>>47507753
yessssssssss
>>
>>47507628
>and then all of the sudden. Howard.
Strong traditional Valyrian name.

Don't know what you're talking bout.
>>
>>47507753
>>47507768

I don't get the reference.

Would you mind explaining?
>>
>>47507836
Mean we have to name our firstborn son Howard ?
>>
>>47507900

I say we give him a very ancient and noble Valyrian name: Ted
>>
>>47507853
She will be an oblivious thick skinned beauty that will be comedy gold
>>
>>47507853
Seo from Monthly Girl's Nozaki-kun

Super oblivious and insensitive, says horribly hurtful things while thinking she's being totally nice and considerate. All around hilarious. Her nickname is "Lorelei of the Glee Club" because she has the voice of an angel while singing, which is totally incongruous with her personality
>>
>>47507968

That sounds entertaining.
>>
>>47507996
>>47507968

Thanks for explaining!
>>
Who is more adorable. Lorelei or Victus ?
>>
>>47507928
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTKdHbiLim0
>>
>>47508055
Victus has the charisma, Lorlei has the adorable thick skinned oblivious naïveté
>>
>>47506660

Is Obella gonna start writing the Harlequinn romance novels for all the highborn ladies about her sellsword of a husband, rescuing women and children?
>>
>>47508271
>yfw Obella's stories rakes in as much dosh as the horses in the time of peace to come.
>>
This gonna be a big post?
>>
>>47508341
Seems like it.
>>
>>47508341
>>47508362
That or Dad's girlfriend got him, and he's busy combating womanly wiles
>>
>>47508341
Or he ended up to mow the lawn or his family ended in tragic car accident
>>
>>47508398

YFW he, stricken by his loss, burns his house down and swears upon the flames to take down Ford at whatever the cost.
>>
Very long post incoming, lots of information.

“Simple and easy this month,” you say after a quick moment of thought, “Steadhold is in need of our attention now that the Princewood is safely in hand.”

“The smallfolk will be happy to hear that milord,” Jonos says with a wiggle of his nose, “Outer Ring is getting a mite dangerous though. The refuges are putting a strain on the her. District over by the ole docks was in the best shape and we put ‘em up there. But there’s only so much we can do for ‘em. Most of ‘em are living in tents or whatever we can put up in short order. We’d do best to git the districts built up ‘gain and get ‘em in real houses, if you’ll pardon my saying so. Any longer like this and we could ‘ave riots or a plague. My boys are keeping things in order milord, but only for so long.”

Ashby interjects after Jonos has said his part, “Looking at the stores my Lord. You run the risk of being unable to feed the new arrivals properly in the coming months. With little active industry within the town, they are more or less squatters, if you’ll excuse the phrase, and will require your goodwill and welfare in order to survive and move into a more sustainable lifestyle.”

“Aye, that be a problem as well milord. We hand out bread, and water daily. Some fruits and greens if we got it ‘em. Ain’t got the meat to feed ‘em. No port nor marketplace for them to work and buy at. It’s a dangerous line we walk milord,” Jonos adds.

“How many months until this is a problem?” you ask.
>>
The Apprentice Maester shuffles through his papers and Jonos ticks off a few fingers and they converse before reaching a number. Ashby speaks, “At an estimate. Four to five months my Lord. After that you may have incidents of lawlessness. Theft. Riots. It will likely do your name little good as well, to see the Lord living well and healthy and they forgotten. I would recommend rebuilding the town as it was before and perhaps investing a Port or Marketplace. Alternatively building a Mill could help with the food shortages and would put people to work.”

In short:
>Beginning to Rebuild Steadhold Deadline: 5 Months. Any longer and you will take a hit to Law. Riots, lawlessness and disease may occur in the Outer Ring
>Investing in, Lands: Small Town will stave this off for the rest of the year.
>Investing in, Wealth: Food Argiculture>Mill will stave this off for another 3 months. Any additional food related estate holdings will add another 3 months.
>Investing in, Wealth: Port, Wealth: Marketplace thereafter will make the problem cease to exist.

“Noted. Thank you Ashby, Jonos for bringing this to my attention,” you say with a short nod. You had assumed there would be some issues with bringing the refuges of the Princewood to Steadhold. It was indeed a dangerous line to toe. Having lived under Royce’s cruelty there was a want to do right by them, but in the end they were smallfolk all the same, their understanding of the situation at large was limited at best. Turning to Mason you ask, “Mason, how are things in the Princewood?”

“Well Brynden. Danse and Mors are handling the restoration of peace efforts. Few pockets of resistance here and there. A lot of the smallfolk are beginning to come out of the woodwork again. Shouldn’t be another three months before everything is in good shape again. Back home, we still have a few issues.”

“Such as?”
>>
“The First Regiment is still in tatters. Captain Rafe is doing his best to put it back together again, but will likely need a hand from you to rebuild entirely. Not to mention the… Prince’s Resistance? They are… Problematic. They aren’t proper soldiers. This Fairbanks is beginning to get a bit big in the head if you ask me. Caught ‘em arguing with Lucas the other day. Not a good enemy to be making I’m sure you know.”

“We ain’t got any place to put ‘em up either,” Jonos adds, “They keep causing a ruckus with the Regiments and my Garrison. The Knights dislike ‘em. And your lads, well… You know milord.”

You grimace, “Recommendations?”

“Could always talk to ‘em I suppose,” Jonos offers, “Might listen to you milord. Might not.”

“Dissolve ‘em. Take the ones worth keeping and kick them into real units to straighten up. They wash out, not our problem. Toss the rest back into general population. Do we really need green boys and women representing House Malroy, Brynden?” Mason says without a hint of sympathy for Fairbanks and his resistance fighters, “Could be better spent elsewhere anyway, ya? We still have the horses Lord Argor Conklyn gifted you, we could certainly use another detail of mounted archers.”

In short:
>Restoring Order in the Princewood: 3 Months. Mors the Marsher, Dusky Danse and Jon the Painter with their respective units are heading this up. After the time has elapsed you may begin to build estate holdings there.
>The Prince’s Resistance is causing trouble for being a group of untrained freedom fighters. Dealing with them will come in a vote later.
>The Invasion of the Princewood beat up some of your military. Mason recommends reinvesting in the Malroy First Regiment (2 Power) to get them back up to snuff. A vote later.
>Mason recommends building a unit of Trained Archers+Cavalry for 7 Power (-2 Argor’s Gift, -2 Warhorse holding)
>>
“Regarding the horses milord,” Gawen says next, “If you don’t mind.”

“Of course Gawen, speak.”

“Couple things milord. As instructed, I’ve restored the Bloodline back to a breeding population. Those books you found were invaluable. Herd grows stronger by the day. We’re doing good again.”

“Excellent news Gawen,” you say with a smile, “And even better work. I swear to you House Malroy will not forget the debt we owe you and your family. Name your reward and you will have it.”

“I am but a man in service milord. “‘Aving the Sept rebuilt is payment enough for me. My boy though, his son, the little guy, loves the horses. Would love to see him get to ride one proper someday. Serve his Lord like he should. I ain’t asking for the best or highest Knight. Just someone to teach him right. Make the boy a Knight. That is all I ask milord.”

“I will take it into consideration,” you say with a smile, “Anything else to report?”

“Couple things milord. My boy is about done in Hayford. Five more months and he’ll be home,” Gawen says ticking his fingers off one by one, “Second. House Bracken sent a rider, guessin’ a letter too. Inviting you and yours to the races at the end of the year, courier said the Lord asked him to look about. Told ‘em our own courses were grown over and disused, the circuit and quarter tracks both. If we be talking industry, could always put them to work rebuilding them I figure. If you’ll excuse my boldness milord.”

“No Gawen those are fine ideas. Ashby, look through the letters, I imagine the invitation may have been lost during the time Benjin had left and you arrived.”

“Of course my Lord.”
>>
In short:
>Rare Bloodline is rebuilt. The pride of House Malroy once again thrives.
>In return Gawen asks for his grandson to become squire to a Knight. Vote on whom and if so later.
>Rickon will be returning in 5 months. This is also around the time a couple of your trade deals will expire. Take with them their bonuses. Be prepared for that.
>In 7 Months House Bracken in the Riverlands are hosting a horse race. A couple in fact. Quarter racing and mile circuits both. You are invited to join.
>Gawen recommends building either Wealth: Quarter Racing Track or Wealth:Flat Racing Circuit (Both are Homebrew Holdings, look at the document by the same name for more information regarding both.)

“Anything else?” you ask.

“A small thing of note Brynden,” Obella says having broken her silence for the first time this meeting.

“Your man, Illiad, while you were away introduced me to his younger brother and told me of Myr and his journeys with you and alone. He did mention panes of myrish glass, clear as day. Have you done anything with them?”

You pause and think for a moment, “I… Do not believe I have, why?”

“Your gardens are… miskept, love, a greenhouse would not hurt to have, no? Begin to rebuild as summer looms, enjoy during the winters.”

“Might be of use in producing food my Lord,” Ashby interjects to an icy stare that he backs down from immediately.

“Or something of a more foreign nature? Herbs or flowers of Dorne perhaps?” Obella says sweetly in retort.

“I will consider it,” you say in a voice that tinges with soft challenge. Make me consider it, you spoke through emerald eyes.
>>
In short:
>Wealth: Greenhouse | Food, Flowers, Herbs is reduced in price by 1 Wealth due to Illiad’s Myrish glass.
>Obella recommends building either Flowers or Herbs. Either will make Steadhold more “dornish” and more like home for Obella. Happy wife, happy marriage.
>Ashby recommends building Food, as stated above this will help with your food shortage problems by 3 months and later on can be converted into something that your cooks use exclusively

“I do believe that is all for this month Brynden,” Mason says, having a final look through Elionwy’s papers, “Mostly loose ends I gather. Getting out of the military investment streak and more so focusing on home. Cannot say I disagree.”

“Likewise Mason,” you respond after a thought. There were still a few things you need handle however or at least make decisions on.

The Prince’s Resistance:
>Dissolve them, regaining 5 Power, more problems were the last thing you needed
>Talk to Fairbanks, they could be saved and of use

Malroy First Regiment:
Invest 2 Power to bring them back up to par?
>Yay
>Neigh

Master-of-Horse Gawen’s grandson:
Grant the man his boon?
>Yay, with Ser Jon Pyle. The boy will learn to be a tank of a Knight, give Jon Pyle something better to do than fight three men at once in the yard.
>Yay, with Ser Robb Brax. The boy will relate to the young Knight’s youth, and a squire should help him level his ego.
>Yay, someone else?
>Neigh

Greenhouse:
Currently you can afford any of the three options. It is a Holding from Out of Strife, Prosperity. Talk amongst yourselves if you’d like to build it now and which.

Any other questions, plans, etc. you'd like to run by me, this would be the time for it. We haven't had a real good proper monthly meeting in awhile so I wanted to tie up a bunch of loose threads and set out a bunch of new direction options and future plans.
>>
>>47508541

We can use them to patrol the Princewood. That way we can use them while keeping them away from the others.

>Yay

Gotta be a full strength. We could use any able bodied refugee

>Yay, with Ser Jon Pyle. The boy will learn to be a tank of a Knight, give Jon Pyle something better to do than fight three men at once in the yard.

Seens fine enough.
>>
>>47508541
Though, we should do both tell him to get in line or else.
>Yay
>>
>>47508541

>Yay

>>
>>47507753
I have absolutely no idea who that is->>47507996

...my god. Almost. Real fucking close to my plans. Jesus that's frightening.

>>47508271
I have a horrible temptation to at least reference it.

>>47508445
How did you know I drive a Ford? STOP STALKING ME.
>>
>>47508541
>>Dissolve them, regaining 5 Power, more problems were the last thing you needed

>Yay

>Yay, with Ser Robb Brax. The boy will relate to the young Knight’s youth, and a squire should help him level his ego.

>>I'd go with the Herb Greenhouse. We are going to war soon. What we could do is also throw in Food for an additional +1 Defense and Wealth. I'd totally be down for that
>>
>>47508635
>...my god. Almost. Real fucking close to my plans. Jesus that's frightening.

Cool!

>I have a horrible temptation to at least reference it.

DO IT
>>
>>47508541
>>Dissolve them, regaining 5 Power, more problems were the last thing you needed
>>Yay
>>Yay, with Ser Jon Pyle. The boy will learn to be a tank of a Knight, give Jon Pyle something better to do than fight three men at once in the yard.
>>
>>47508541
>Dissolve
>Yay
>Jon Pyle

I say build the Greenhouse, make the food, build good will with the small folk by taking out of our "personal stores" for them.
>>
>>47508635
You know Obella would find it fun to do.
>>
>>47508706
Forgot to add, go ahead and set up that herb garden. Herbs means spice, and spice means a happy Obella and Victus. Boy loves his spices
>>
>>47508541
>>>Dissolve them, regaining 5 Power, more problems were the last thing you needed
recruits for Rafe?
>>
>>47508541
>Yay
>Build Herb Greenhouse
>>
>>47508728

And if we grow a lot of spices, we could sell them overseas or to other lords in Westeros.
>>
>Obella's writting books so fast her publisher asks her to slow down.
>he also demands that she goes over the top with the smut.
>he "fix" pages by turning a good prose into a diarrhea
>her publisher is fantasy GRRM
>>
I can't do every vote because I'm on mobile, but build the spice greenhouse.
>>
>>47508541
I'm >>47508620

Forgot to add in my opinion about the greenhouse.

Build it.
>>
>>47508804
We wouldnt be able to produce enough for that. Pretty much for self use i imagine.
>>
>>47508541

Try to save the princes resistance. They have a bit of pride in what they have accomplished but it needs to be tempered somewhat. Royce's boys were amateurs. Try to reign them in by having guerilla war games and show them what an actual disciplined, experienced military unit can do. That should temper their somewhat proud nature and let them see why they should listen to you and your boys.

I would also suggest talking to the refugees and explaining to them what's going to be happening in the coming months, or at least letting them know what's gonna be happening. Some fit for duty can find work in the houses military, but I would say we invest in Small Town, then Mill, then Port. Nothing is more frustrating than not knowing what is happening that affects you.

The child of the horsemaster should be taken into squireship to Robert Brax. Best way to learn is to teach.

Mounted archers we can hold off on since we are busy disciplining the Princes Resistance and the 1st.

so, in order:
>Rebuild the town
>Build Mill and Port

>Make Princes Resistance into a proper fighting unit
>Build back up 1st regiment with refugees.

>Master of horse kid squires with Robert Brax
>Circuit racing track

Obella is busy fixing the house up and the kid, she can wait on the greenhouse.

It's gonna take a while to get this all up and ready.
>>
We could alway build another greenhouse for the other option
>>
>>47508844

True, but if we end up with more than we thought, we could sell it. Or give it as gifts.
>>
>>47508863
>Obella begins hoarding it and mumbles about how it must "flow"
>>
>>47508541
>Talk to Fairbanks, they could be saved and of use.

Invest 2 Power to bring them back up to par?
>Yay

>Yay, someone else? Maybe our good friend Jon Longwaters. Last time we saw him, he was asking what he could do for us...

Greenhouse, not sure. How pissed would Obella be if we used it for food...
>>
>>47508635
Watch Monthly Girls Nozaki Kun, the episodes are only a few minutes long. Worth taking an hour to see Seo in all her glory
>>
>>47508897
>One of the Dornish spices ends up being cocaine..
>>
Alright then, little round up.

Malroy First Regiment is back up and running. Rafe Roper is feeling better about himself and regained his confidence. Having his sister and niece back has helped a lot too. The man is loyal to you and your cause to a damn fault now.

Ser Jon Pyle is happy to take on the lad. He's had two squires prior and both went on to be fine Knights.

And lastly is the dissolving of The Prince's Resistance. A unit that served its purpose fine in the Invasion of the Princewood, but at home they are more hassle than they are worth. Fairbanks is going to have a scene later where you discuss this with him. Fair to say he won't be too happy about it but you can mitigate the damage.

Looks like some support for building the Greenhouse now, so a small vote:

Greenhouse? (1 Defense, 2 Wealth)
>Yay, Herb.
>Yay, a different option.
>Neigh

I'm adding and moving things around in the Spreadsheet, so bare with me.
>>
>>47508945
>>Yay, a different option.
Get Herbs and Food. It's not that much of an additional cost.
>>
>>47508945
Just herbs
>>
>>47508945
>Yay, Herb.
>>
File: Rhaegar-Targeryan-1024x683.jpg (138 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
Rhaegar-Targeryan-1024x683.jpg
138 KB, 1024x683
>>47508945
>Yay
If herbs will help with the food situation, fine, otherwise we gotta' think of the people.

Sorry dear but the smallfolk can't starve.

Maybe if Lorelei had been born with silver hair. But as it stands, suck it up.
>>
>>47508945
>Yay, Herb.
>>
>>47508945

FOOD. Promise Obella she can have a herb garden when the smallfolk have aren't going to starve, riot and kill us.
>>
>>47508945

Food first, then herbs.
>>
>>47508945

>Yay, a different option

Make it a sweat lodge for the horses, with a cool pool for them to splash around in.
>>
>>47509026
Greenhouses for food isn't really worth the price. We can handle the shortage just fine with a Mill or a Port. No need to take the worst of the holdings available for fixing it.
>>
>>47508945
Food for now, herbs later
>>
>>47508945
>Yay, Herb.
>>
>>47508945
>>Yay, Herb.
>>
>>47509101
>>47509062
>>47509070
I'm calling bs, stop samefagging the vote.
>>
>>47508945
>Yay, Herb.

You people need to read the damn holdings
>>
Alright calling it now, the Herb it is.

Yes I know. Hysterical.

Anyway, end of the month totals now:
Defense: 1
Influence: 28
Lands: 1
Law: 42
Population: 31
Power: 5
Wealth: 4 (Took out -1 to outfit the Steadhold Garrison with new melee weapons, as was agreed.)

With that all done we can now move along, but last call for questions or concerns. Ideas? Anything you got, if not, we'll move swiftly along.
>>
>>47509126

I deleted my first vote then voted again.

I'm the third guy you quoted.
>>
>>47509135
Go ahead, Padre
>>
>>47509135
What holding would allow us to address food shortages?
>>
>>47509135

I got nothing, so I say move forward.
>>
>>47509135
I still want to do something to prevent the smallfolk from starving. What upgrade can we get to grow food for them? Another Greenhouse?
>>
We could always beg Wesley and Dontos for a few sacks of grains
>>
>>47509135

Moving on.
>>
>>47509161
>>47509184
He said it in the post
>Port+Marketplace solves it forever
>Small Town delays for a year
>Mill delays for three months

We have a 5 month time limit from our preexisting stores. We have plenty of time to make Port+Market a priority
>>
>>47509135
Can we call in a favor from Wes and ask if he can shore up our food shortages like >>47509204
suggested?
>>
>>47509221
Ah, then I guess we're done. I'm torn between repairing the bridge and getting the port and market up.
>>
>>47509184

Animal Husbandry would be one, but requires 10 wealth, seems we'd be better with a trade deal, and if we really get stuck, well, we have horses.

(I can imagine that horrible choice cropping up, if we don't pay attention...)
>>
>>47509235
nah we have enough food for now, we don't need aid unless something goes really titsup.

>>47509221
Do we need to START those projects in 5 months or FINISH them? because isn't that literally impossible?

Then again the wealth we spend when we purchase them is literally for the purpose of paying wages to the laborers so I guess that would cover keeping the refugees fed, then after the holding is finished the port would create jobs for them to continue living on.
>>
>>47509270
That's how I looked at it. I figure the wealth in question would be used in part to pay the smallfolk wages and rations.
>>
Might be a good idea to build a granary for when the situation calm down
Only takes 5wealth and a d6 for building time
>>
We need to build more green houses, and grow more drugs. We can be the next Westerosi Drug Lord guys. Think of all the wealth!
>>
We should probably find something for the refugees to do anyway. They're just sitting around right now. Maybe set them about hunting in the princewood or hell, counting beads- boondoggling is better than nothing.
>>
>>47509327
COuld always use them to rebuild the Blackbridge tower with Mason
>>
>>47509318
That's the Maester turf, you really don't want to go there
>>
>>47509204
>>47509235

Wesley would be the one to ask, as Hayford is mostly built upon farming. If things get rough you could call in a favor or pay him for foodstuffs.

As a point, the current 5 month deadline isn't indicative of your proper stores. In peace time you'd be much better off. But going to war, feeding ~800 men for a month, accepting in masses of refuges, and your Food Agriculture holding being traded out at the moment will lead to shortages at the present or rather more immediately in the future. I made a mistake not include Plasma's Food resource, as man that is handy and fun, but this will do.

>>47509270
You just need to start the projects. It's basically just getting people to work again, halfway through you have slight production and at the end you're at full capacity. That's how I always saw it at least.

Anyway, nothing else major looks like we'll move along. A vote on what to do next:

You are called upon by many people today, asking audience. Who would you like to speak to right before lunch?

>Master Yarson (The Master Blacksmith had arrived while you were away at war and asks audience with you)
>A Mystery Knight (A man that will only refer to himself as 'Ser' calls upon you for private audience. Says he has information regarding your enemies in exchange for safe harbor.)
>Illiad (He's compiled his shortlist of merchants to head up the Caravanserai in Dyre Den)
>Obella (You aren't sure who to talk to about dealing with the Dragon Egg in Braavos, but your wife seems to be a good bet to at least bounce ideas off of. Not to mention she is well traveled and connected.)
>>
I'm for going to talk to the refugees at some point, they should know who their lord is, how awesome we are. (And maybe make sure they know we're super nice, and Redward is a slaving cunt.)
>>
>>47509388
>A Mystery Knight (A man that will only refer to himself as 'Ser' calls upon you for private audience. Says he has information regarding your enemies in exchange for safe harbor.)
>>
>>47509388
>>A Mystery Knight (A man that will only refer to himself as 'Ser' calls upon you for private audience. Says he has information regarding your enemies in exchange for safe harbor.)

First.
>>
>>47509388
>>Illiad (He's compiled his shortlist of merchants to head up the Caravanserai in Dyre Den)
>>Obella (You aren't sure who to talk to about dealing with the Dragon Egg in Braavos, but your wife seems to be a good bet to at least bounce ideas off of. Not to mention she is well traveled and connected.)
Both at the same time, they're familly they need to share.
>>
>>47509388
>>Master Yarson (The Master Blacksmith had arrived while you were away at war and asks audience with you)
>>
>>47509388
>Illiad (He's compiled his shortlist of merchants to head up the Caravanserai in Dyre Den)
>>
>>47509388
>>A Mystery Knight (A man that will only refer to himself as 'Ser' calls upon you for private audience. Says he has information regarding your enemies in exchange for safe harbor.)
>>
>>47509388
>>Illiad (He's compiled his shortlist of merchants to head up the Caravanserai in Dyre Den)
>>Obella (You aren't sure who to talk to about dealing with the Dragon Egg in Braavos, but your wife seems to be a good bet to at least bounce ideas off of. Not to mention she is well traveled and connected.)
Can be done at the same time right dad?
>>
>>47509416
>>47509584
You know I suppose that would be a good combination of people to do that together with, regarding the topics at least, fair point.

What we'll do is speak to The Mystery Knight now since it won the vote, and we'll do lunch with Obella and Illiad. Fair?
>>
>>47509388

Can we do these both at the same time then have lunch with said mystery knight?
>>
>>47509606
No absolutely not dad! Okay is fair as possible with us. How ya been?
>>
>>47509606

Sure.
>>
>>47509606
Oh yeah, that old warhorse is still around? we need to properly introduce him to Goldsong
>>
>>47509606
yeah
>>
>>47509668
Just FYI stallions don't get along as a rule.
>>
>>47509668
Male horses don't make friends with each other unless there gelded.
>>
When we gonna interrogate that fat fuck and that mercenary lieutenant?
>>
>>47510256
Yeah, we been sitting on evidence. We should talk with Saul, ask him what information we should be asking from them to make our case airtight
>>
“See it is done,” you finish having made your decisions. Small steps in the right direction for the month. A month that felt quiet compared to the last. Steadhold needed your attention now, if she thrived so did you. Leaving for the Tourney in Highgarden may incite anger amongst them however, perhaps speaking with them would help with relations. Even if a little. Mason and Elionwy, as was typical, already volunteered to stay in Steadhold. Seeing them in public displays of power and authority would likely make the bannering easier down the road.

Gawen and Ashby leave off, returning to their earlier conversation, regarding horses you overhear. You promise to have lunch with your wife, though Illiad has also wished to do such today, neither should mind you imagine. Jonos offers to escort the ‘new Lady of Steadhold’ as he calls her, much to Obella’s amusement and delight. He begins to regale her of Ladies he has served before, your grandmother and mother, Pricella Manning and Esemella Hayford respectively. You had heard the story before, the first time he had escorted your grandmother, he was barely a man, she teased him about his poor excuse for a moustache. Obella politely giggles as they stroll off, Lorelei in her arms. Eliowny kisses Mason on the cheek and follows after them, her face half buried in the papers she had collected. Wonderful Stewardess, about half as organized as Benjin you’d say though.

“Ready to see him Brynden?” Mason asks.

Your face turns from its pleasant smile to a rather dour look and you sigh, leaning back into your chair, “Lucas and Pryor already up there?”

“Aye. Been guarding the solar since he showed up this morning. Checked him weapons, took his plate. Guessing he’s about your age. Maybe a bit younger. Grew up well enough by his words. Doubt he’ll be much trouble if he decides to pull something. Lucas and Pryor can handle an unarmed man.”

You nod, “Do we know anything about him?”
>>
“Hasn’t said a word. Calls himself ‘Ser’, says he wishes for a fair exchange. Worsh saying his mother saw him come down the Rush in a little dingy. Only thing of note we found on him was this patch,” Mason says placing the thing on the table. It was old and faded you noticed, if he was a Knight it was not one of wealth and esteem.

“Up from Langward’s territory?”

“I’m guessing so. We could always throw him in the dungeons, let Yondril on him.”

Sighing again you push off your chair, Mason shortly after, recognizing your response in wordless tone. In silence you climb the flights of stairs to reach your solar. You remembered it had looked so much more different when your father owned it. The thing was stripped near naked now, the walls chipped, the door sat wrong, your father’s old furniture nowhere to be seen. Obella had offered to clean it up, but you had declined, the old room held memories, if anyone did it, it would be you.

Lucas Longwaters and Jon Pryor greet you at the door, both full plated, both with their hands on the pommels of their swords, “My Lord,” they say in unison.

You snap off a quick nod and enter the room. Before you is a man with his back to you, arms tied to the chair, you notice nearly no signs of resistance had been given. A head of sandy hair facing forward silently, still held up. As you cross towards you side of the desk you look him over, he is a plain man, not handsome enough to set a maiden’s heart beating nor rough enough to inspire fear in another. He regards you with greyblue eyes, and his head tilts in the slightest show of respect he can manage given his position. Sitting you regard him in total silence for a moment, allow your chair to creak as he lean back, stroking the remnants of your beard, fingers occasionally brushing the streak of pink scarred flesh.

“I told them the wildfire wouldn’t work,” he says suddenly.
>>
You remain in silence watching him. His eyes fall to the table, inaudible thoughts spilling from lips before he looks to you again.

“My Lor-”

You raise a hand and lean forward, his words stopping in a moment as his eyes lock with yours.

“Give me one reason why I should not throw you in my dungeon for wasting my time and forgetting about you until the Night’s Watch makes another pass.”

The man swallows hard, breaking contact with your emerald flame, and attempting to put himself in a respectable position, “My name is Ser Lyonel Langly. Of House Langly of The Tear. My father, Ser Leo Langly serves House Langward and its Lord Linden Langward.”

“You seem more a hostage now than anything, Ser Lyonel. What are you doing here?”

“It is of my own accord my Lord. My father… He has gone mad with grief, My older brother, my mother are both dead. My young sister married to Lord Linden’s younger brother. He sees little purpose in life but service to House Langward, even if it means his own death, the death of us all.”

“I’ve hardly a concern for those who consider themselves my enemy Ser Lyonel,” you respond coldly, “I repeat, why are you here?”

“To… To, Seven bloody Hells, to sue for peace. My father is ready to ride to his death, and I am now his heir. Loras Langward, the son of the current Lord is but a boy. While his mother may attempt to guide the House in his sted her coward of a brother would be less inclined to help. The young brother of Lord Linden, Lestor, married to my sister, and half a simpleton if I’ve ever seen one, he is easily controlled. We simply need Linden Langward to disappear, and there can be peace.”

“You look to have little in the way of bargaining power here Ser Langly, and there is no we,” you say with a flicker of emerald, “Do you come to me with bowl in hand or is there something of worth to your word?”

“The saboteur was not Royce’s creature.”

“How do you know?”
>>
“I was there when he hired her, I would swear my life, to the Seven above, upon it. And her lover Aeror. Lord Linden has grown impatient with Royce’s bumbling. He was promised your lands, the horses. Royce would get the castle and that was all. They fought, constantly, it was not an alliance of mutual gain any longer. Linden wanted it all.”

“The plan?”

“Make Royce think the saboteur was his, if she was caught she would say he was her master. Lead you to Aeror and he would attempt to bring you and your army down in flames. If somehow you survived, when you brought the saboteur as evidence to the Crown of wrong doing, she would profess her innocence and say you tortured her into going through with it. Under pain of more torture more than like. The woman knows how to keep her secrets, that is why he hired her. You would look a fool, if they favored you regardless, Royce would be dead. And then Linden would begin his work against your battered army.”

Again, you sit in silence. The alliance of the young Lords had begun to crumble, Royce’s idiocy extended even to his own allies it would seem. No mention of the slaving though, was Royce hiding that from the Langwards and Blounts you wondered.

“Do you have any more questions my Lord? I am willing to answer them all. I only sue for peace. For an end to this.”

>Questions for Ser Lyonel Langly?
>>
>>47510357
Where did the hiring take place? When did it take place?
>>
>>47510357

Its a lot to take in.

How long before your absence is noted, and who is going to suffer for it?
>>
>>47510357
Does Linden know what we're up to now and our march on the Princewood? What has he been up to presently? Are they preparing for war?
>>
File: XD.png (5 KB, 409x125) Image search: [Google]
XD.png
5 KB, 409x125
>>47509126
>>
>>47510357

Proof of his claim? Information we can verify with what we already know?

Grill him, then grill the woman in our dungeon, maybe take him to see her if we come to an accord. (At the very least he can see what we do to those who cross us.)
>>
>>47510357
Who supplied Aeror with the wild fire meant to kill me?
>>
>>47510357
>>47510548

Maybe grill him, then go grill her so we can see what is consistent and what isn't for both stories?
>>
>>47510357
If he really wish for peace. What is his plan and what is his guarantees ?
>>
>>47510619
I second this.
>>
>>47510477
>Where did the hiring take place? When did it take place?

"In Lord Linden's castle. He hosted the five Captains of the Bright Banners, three of which are dead now thanks you. Aeror brought the saboteur with him. Explained the extra costs involving her work. And Linden began to plot. He has spent untold amounts of dragons upon this. He cares so little for the costs now, believing he will recoup them all once he takes Steadhold."

"As for when... Within the past six months. Royce had begun to show up to their meetings less. Any time he did they would fight. Linden 'bridged the gap' by bringing the Bright Banners in. Royce gladly accepted the help, paid for them with his own coin, through the Dargoods. Then the saboteur went to work. The last time I had heard about her was when she killed the Dayne girl and took her place."

>>47510511
>How long before your absence is noted, and who is going to suffer for it?

"It... It won't be. My father banished me. I spoke out against Lord Linden. There was no purpose to this war. We need to ally ourselves to the murderous louts. Lady Beautrice Blount shrieked I was a traitor. Linden agreed. My father... Agreed. This happened two weeks ago when news of your survival had come forward."

>>47510541
>Does Linden know what we're up to now and our march on the Princewood?

"He knows nothing past the time you captured the saboteur. After that it was silence for him. For four or five months though. He knew everything there was to be known, he only concerned himself with matters of coin. The horses, the Bloodlines, the marriage to the Lady Qorgyle and her pregnancy. He knew enough to fear. Word of the Princewood came to him late, Aeror called for help. It was left unanswered."

>What has he been up to presently?

"I could not say. He was wroth when word of your victory and survival reached him. He shared not the details of his plans with anyone but Lestor."

>Are they preparing for war?

"He has been ready for war."

Cont'd
>>
>>47510672
Are you willing to testify in a trail?
>>
House Langly of The Tear
Where is that?
>>
>>47510749
Would his testimony even hold up given he was exiled?
>>
>>47510548
>Proof of his claim? Information we can verify with what we already know?

"Do you need more then what I have told you? A man was paid to kill you with wildfire, I know his name, Aeror. The woman who was your saboteur, Marcelline Sand, she is the daughter of a Yronwood. The captains that are dead, Tom and Belidos. I know truths that you have reason to believe I have falsified. What more do you wish to know?"

>>47510603
>Who supplied Aeror with the wild fire meant to kill me?

"There was a man in their company. He claimed to be a pyromancer. I suspect he did not lie. As far as I know he is still alive."

>>47510624
>What is his plan and what is his guarantees ?

"To kill Lord Linden. The man is blinded by his greed, and is too foolish to believe he is capable of being caught. A saboteur is an act of war by law. Take the man to court, in Highgarden. He will be there for the Tourney. Royce will be in his Tower. A trial of such a regard, would be to the death. I have no guarantees in this. I bring you information. I have heard the way you treat your prisoners, and I would risk that for peace."

>>47510749
>Are you willing to testify in a trail?

"Without question my Lord."

Anything else?
>>
>>47510848
>The Isle of Tears is the largest of the Basilisk Isles, which are located off the northwestern coast of Sothoryos
>>
>>47510854
This is a troubling question
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (20 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
20 KB, 480x360
>>47510357
WHERE'S RACHEL?
>>
>>47510859
Who is this pyromancer? What is his name?
>>
>>47510873
Obviously it cant be this
>>
>>47510873
Uhhh no. Different one altogether.

>>47510848
It's an island that sits in the river that flows from the God's Eye. Maybe a league away from your northernmost domain. Long thin stretch of land that is the extent of the Knightly House's domain.

It's a tear, of the God's Eye, get it?

>>47510854
Yes because of the exact reasons of his exile. He disagreed with an explicit act of war against another House and was exiled for it.
>>
>>47510859
What would you do if we post the trail?
>>
I don't know what to do with this guy to be honest. The circumstances of his arrival, supposed exile or no, seem suspicious as fuck. For all we know he could be a plant for the Langwards, feeding us with shit we want to hear. We should talk with our wife about this
>>
I think after we're done with Langward- if we decide not to murder his dad as he's suggested.

We should take this to Arryn.
>>
>>47510928
Lost, not post. Fucking phone
>>
>>47510672
>"In Lord Linden's castle. He hosted the five Captains of the Bright Banners, three of which are dead now thanks you. Aeror brought the saboteur with him. Explained the extra costs involving her work. And Linden began to plot. He has spent untold amounts of dragons upon this. He cares so little for the costs now, believing he will recoup them all once he takes Steadhold."

God damn, we don't even have to fight him. All we have to do is wage an economic war on him. The cards are all tumbling, all he needs is the right push. Can we finance him through our merchant contacts in his dealings against us (and thus using our merchant contacts as our spies in his moves against us) and then when he starts drowning in debt declare him bankrupt and seize his assets?

Shit, if his lands are close enough to our allies and Cavanersi(?) we could offer a portion of the lands to them at a cut-rate deal and establish a banner house with the rest.
>>
>>47510968

Before we consult Obella we should decide first if we want to take it to Jon Arryn. She won't like us taking it to Jon.

BUT he has helped us, especially with Isis, and seems keen to mend fences. (He should feel guilty after throwing us under the bus- but I think he's a resource we should keep.)
>>
>>47510971
Agree with meeting with Arryn, He can't attack us for recapturing the Princewood as it was something that the Crown okay'd, he'll need to find something else to have a reason to declare war, like a prisoner..or something..
>>
>>47510999
What we should do is step up rebuilding the bridge and fortify. Steadhold is a fortress and time is our ally. We can outlast them.
>>
>>47510883
Married to Lucas Longwaters and pregnant I'd imagine.

>>47510898
>Who is this pyromancer? What is his name?

"I do not know my Lord. I only heard rumors of his existence."

>>47510928
>What would you do if we post the trail?

"Watch your House and mine go up in flame. There is a possibility of death on either end of this for me."

Doesn't look like many other questions then. Just discussion now. So what to do, what to do.

Lyonel is wrong in thinking Belidos is dead, since you have him captured. He could be pumped for information to verify.

Marcelline Sand is very good at keeping secrets and saying what needs to be heard. Yondril is better at getting out the truth.

Options is all I'm saying.
>>
>>47510999
Langward lands are near the nose of the Mountain's horse.
House Chelsted are the closest to them out of our allies
>>
>>47511042

Agree we should shore up defences but we want to avoid a fight until we choose it. We're getting stronger quickly, hence Langward's half-assed attempt.

We don't want a siege not with our food situation the way it is. I wouldn't want to endure a siege, when we already have worries about feeding the people we have.
>>
>>47511062
>>Who is this pyromancer? What is his name?
I'd swore that only a maester could create wildfire.
oh well maybe I'm shadowrunning and seeing things where there's nothing.
>It'sthe same fucker who sold the wildfire to the Clawwaters
>>
>>47511062
A'ight, well it's clear we need to get some more information, so I'm on board with a trip to the dungeon to speak with our captives. Should we bring Obella? Maybe when Lorelei is napping?
>>
>>47511062
I'd say have our spy sit in a room. We then have the captured merc come into the room. Have Yondril come in and show what he can do on the spy. Then take her out to her cell and prepare to work on merc. Should get good info that way.
>>
>>47511109
>I'd swore that only a maester could create wildfire.

A wiki article for you: http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Alchemists%27_Guild
Not entirely sure where you got that.

>It'sthe same fucker who sold the wildfire to the Clawwaters

GET OUT OF MY HEAD

Let's go ahead and do a vote. I actually didn't expect this to happen with Lyonel. Shows how much I know.

Verify Lyonel's information with a trip to the dungeon?
>Yay
>Neigh
>>
>>47511062

I'd be keen to walk into our dungeons with him in tow so Marceline sees us together, then send him out and interview Marcelline with Yondril (and possibly Obella).

After Lunch, of course. Can't torture on a empty stomach.

Langward's staying here of course, under guard.
>>
>>47511062
See to it this dude is well cared for, keep him in the tower where the Hayfords once stayed, under watch. He can leave the tower, but he's got to be accompanied by a guard. Tell him we'll discuss how to move forward from here once we verify his information with our people
>>
>>47511158
>Langward's staying here of course, under guard.

By which I mean in Steadhold, out of the dungeons as long as he's co-operating.
>>
>>47511075

where did you find a map like that, and are there more of other areas?
>>
Oh and because I saw some confusion regarding who is who and what.

House Langward
>Lord Linden Langward (Head of House, has a son, Loras Langward)
>Ser Lestor Langward (His younger brother, has no children)

House Langly (Their cadet branch)
>Ser Leo Langly (Head of the House)
>Ser Lyonel Langly (His son and the guy you're talking to.)
>>
>>47511151
>yay
>>
>>47511151
>>After lunch

Then we need to talk to everyone else.
>>
>>47511158
Good idea, lets show Lyonel what happens to those who make enemies of us, then do >>47511183.
>>
File: SevenKingdoms.jpg (2 MB, 1280x4019) Image search: [Google]
SevenKingdoms.jpg
2 MB, 1280x4019
>>47511193
BEHOLD
>>
>>47511209

Thanks dad, I did in fact believe Lyonel the son of Linden (Sleepy- UK time)
>>
>>47511238
Danke Padre
>>
>>47511158
>>47511183
second, but only after lunch. Then we can take Obella with us.
>>
File: HouseLangly.png (49 KB, 621x731) Image search: [Google]
HouseLangly.png
49 KB, 621x731
Okay a lot more going on here than I thought.

Everyone, over here. Pay attention to this post so we can move on.

We are going to do a handful of votes on this, alright? Ignore the other post, just vote off this one.

Pump Belidos and Marceline Sand for information to verify Lyonel's claims?
>Yay
>Neigh

Put Lyonel up in the secure tower. Treating him with respect. Under guard of course.
>Yay
>Neigh

If neigh he'll stay here in his current position.

Deal with this now, or after lunch?
>Now
>After lunch
>>
>>47511313
>Yay
>Yay
>After Lunch
>>
>>47511313
>Yay
>Yay
>After lunch
>>
>>47511313
>Yay
>Yay
>After lunch
>>
>>47511313
>Yay
>Yay
>After lunch
>>
>>47511313
Yay
Yay
Get some grub
>>
>>47511313
>yay
>yay
>after lunch
>>
>>47511313
>Yay
>Yay
>After lunch
>>
And in a landslide victory, gotta get our lunch on before we torture people. You people are ridiculous.

Alright, we'll move along to lunch and another huge plot point regarding the egg. Busy thread this is. I don't know why I didn't expect this to go this way with Lyonel, but here we are.

Anyway, what's on the menu for lunch? Illiad and Obella probably have similar tastes.
>>
Haven't seen such a contentious vote since Homeless Mutant Quest
>>
> And her lover Aeror

I am a little out of the loop but Aeror was the fucker that almost burn us alive and got kill in the process right? Man these guys are hardcore.
>>
>>47511411
Lamb.
>>
>>47511411
The finest meal of them all, of course, Brynden
>>
>>47511429
Yeah. Same guy. We should totally fuck her to make up for it.
>>
>>47511313

>Yay
>Yay
>After lunch
>>
>>47511411
Well Brynden will be eating out Obella later.
>>
>>47511411
More food than the smallfolk get all day, that's for sure.
>>
>>47511411
Greek salad or stuffed peppers
>>
>>47511470
Didn't she give birth less than a week ago?
>>
>>47510672
>He hosted the five Captains of the Bright Banners,

Hmmm, was a contract sign with the Bright Banners? It might serve as a paper trail to link Royce direct with banditry and slavery.
>>
>>47511411
Spaghetti
>>
>>47511429
You get what you pay for. Imagine being so hated by someone you're willing to purchase borderline lunatics to kill him for you. Imagine being that spiteful.

>>47511439
This picture has never been the same for me after that thread. God what a beautiful day.
>>
>>47511490

Bobbing for placenta.
>>
>>47511313
>Yay
>Yay
>After lunch
>>
>>47511411
Ceviche
>>
File: delicious.gif (1 MB, 326x256) Image search: [Google]
delicious.gif
1 MB, 326x256
>>47511505
>>47511505
it's the little things...
>>
>>47511494
Not quite. I know this is all very confusing so let's go.

>House Langward, Redward, and Blount working together
>House Langward meets with Bright Banners, begins his own plot, they offer services to Royce with no mention of Linden
>Royce receives money from the slave trade and Tychano, sends it to House Dargood in the guise of legal trade, who hire the Bright Banners to protect their interests in Princewood, thus they are the scapegoat
>House Langward independently hires Marceline Sand to do the job in Steadhold and put the fall on Royce. Aeror and the Bright Banner captains are aware of this and it means that Brynden will come to them to die (lol)
>Aeror get wildfire, plants it in the forgotten hall, ready to kill everyone if things go to shit
>they do
>Royce, independently hires Tano Osten (fat guy) to manage the slave trade. Only Aeror and the captains were aware of it. The Saboteur, Linden, Dargood and Blounts are not.
>Things, again, go to shit, Tano is captured when the intent was to burn him alive too so no one could know

I feel like I made this worse.
>>
>>47511656
Didnt count on Brynden and his twenty good men now did they ?

Brynden is gonna tell that story to Lorelei intill she grows sick of it
>>
>>47511692
inb4 Brynden's kids never believe any of his stories and just think; "Oh, dad's goofing off again."
>>
>>47511656
So it seems like the Bright Banners knew about the dirty dealings of both sides then? Their testimony could bridge the two actions (slave trade and saboteur)
>>
>>47511656
So, when we get this all done and dusted, and our wife knows all the details,
how long until "Lord Blackshaft and 20 good men" the novella does the rounds in kingslanding?
>>
>>47512033
>Jaime or Lancel: "Why do I need to wear a black wig?"
>Cersei: "Just wear it."

Very unlikely, but amusing.
>>
>>47512033
works so well that it export itself to the North.
While he was out being an edgy fuck Ramsay hear about a "Lord Blackshaft and his 20 good men", he stops his raping to read about the book.
>How the fuck can a man do that....because he knows the land!

Poetry
>>
“Mason!” you call, the door bursting open in short order, Mason’s mace held aloft, he blinks twice and holds his hand up for Lucas and Pryor to stand down as well, their swords halfway unsheathed.

“Sorry Brynden. After Samuel I… Anyway, yes my Lord?”

“Take Ser Lyonel Langly here to the tower we kept Samuel in. He will be afforded that much courtesy.”

“Langly?” you hear Lucas say behind Mason, “They just gave him up? The bloody hell-”

“Do as you’re told Ser Lucas,” Mason interrupts, “Untie him. Escort him there. I want Pyle, Crabb and Brune on him. Understood?”

“Yes Ser,” Pryor says as he enters the room, Lucas shortly after with a stiff nod.

The ropes leave slight burns upon Lyonel’s wrists, he rubs them slightly and stands under his own power, hardly needing Pryor and Lucas’ prodding to do so. You watch as he’s escorted away, Mason looks to you with an inquisitive look.

“Your solar is plain Brynden. Never thought you the type.”

You shrug, “Not much for trophy collecting.”

“I’m just saying, I remember the ball of assorted myrish lace undergarments. Not a trophy collector my pasty white ass.”

“Funny.”

Mason smiles, having succeeded in his task of cutting the seriousness from your face, “What’s the word on the Langly boy?”

“Apparently he’s an exile from his family. Apparently further, the Langwards are getting tired of the Red Bastard’s idiocy.”

“Unsurprising, believe him?”

“Not yet. Says he knows Belidos and Lady Sand. Get Yondril to bring them to the tower Lyonel is at. He’ll know what to do.”

“You still got his knife?”

“For now.”

“Soft approach then. Good to know. When will you be joining us?”

You stand, brushing your lap off, “After lunch. I am feeling rather peckish.”

---
>>
File: Ray-Ray-and-his-Lay-Lay.jpg (111 KB, 736x1177) Image search: [Google]
Ray-Ray-and-his-Lay-Lay.jpg
111 KB, 736x1177
>>47512033
Personally i'm not looking forward to recriminations from Rafe when his sister's role in the breakout is 'Enhanced' with a little bit of literary flair to make it a proper Harlequin story.
>>
“Chop of lamb, in curry spice. Dornish peppers fill to brim with rice, beans, goat cheese. And a dornish red, as drink. As Lady had wished,” Illiad says with a clumsy bow, his crutch getting the better of him and nearly allowing him to stumble in it.

Obella by your side smiles brightly at your old friend, “Wherever did you find these things Illiad?”

“Chef makes best of food. Knows of suppliers in Landing. Very good. Noooot so much cheap.”

“Did you take out of your personal funds again Illiad?” you ask with a frown.

“Are not worrying of that Lord,” he responds with a half smile. He’d been doing that a lot more lately. His missing leg was still a sore topic, but he was becoming the man you once knew again. The woman he had brought home with him from Myr seemed to help, his brother being able to ply his trade as a free man even more so. He spent much more of his time with matters of coin now, something you noticed he was particularly good with, his connections to King’s Landing and the Free Cities were expanding as well. Never was the fighter of your merry band of sellswords, always the paymaster, always the man who drove the hardest bargain. You just looked pretty in comparison.

Illiad smiles and takes his seat across from you, sliding the small list across the table to you, “A list. As requested Lord.”

Obella had already begun to delve into her food, and you decide rather to take to sipping the wine and reading over Illiad’s hard work, “Only two?”

“They are best, Lord.”

“Tell me about them, what do you think?”

“First is Pentoshi, comes with praise from Nararo Aros. Banker of Bays, yes? A third son of a Merchant Prince, believes fortunes are to be made here. Not as eccentric as would wish. Bald head, clean man. But clever, smart. Knows business. Would impress with results more than personality.”

“Barq Zos’ feelings?”

“Not of trusting anything fat banker says. Do not blame.”
>>
You laugh and Obella looks at you curiously with half a bite of pepper hanging out of her mouth. You wave it off with a laugh telling her you’d tell her about Nararo Aros and his love for chocolate later, “The other?”

“More to liking perhaps? Former sellsword, paymaster. Knows how to rub coin together to make third. Roguish, crass, perhaps too much. Friend of Yanno from Myr. Big golden beard, forked. Wears jeweled sword. Not as much results, but will amuse Lord’s friend yes?”

“Why do you play Lord Eustace so?” Obella asks after washing down half her meal with half a cup of wine, “Does it not insult you?”

“Do I take offense to your insistance of my being ‘your sellsword’?”

She blushes and rolls her eyes, “That is different.”

“Hardly. Lord Esutace wants to believe I’m a rogue, a swindling sellsword. He is amused by it. Enjoys feeling he has the upper hand in the situation by having pegged my type. If I play to his ego, to his preconceived notions it makes him a more malleable ally. A small price to pay to actually have the true upper hand in this. Besides, the man is a humorless hardass otherwise. Why not give him a laugh?”

Your wife merely shrugs and goes back to her food. Regarding Illiad again you notice he has hardly touched his food. Old habit from his slave days. Never started eating until after you. It worried you sometimes the way the man acted, he had years in that hell, it had broken him even if a little, it was enough to worry, “Illiad. Eat. I know you’re hungry.”

“It is-”

“Not your place? Don’t pull that old slave horseshit on me Illiad. You know better. Eat.”

He smiles and bows his head, “As Lord commands.”
>>
Obella again flashes you a queer look, only to be met with a shaken head. She nods quickly and swallows another gulp of wine before speaking, “I think you’d do better with the Pentoshi.”

“I know my Myrmen Obella, if he’s half as much a tradesman as Illiad is, he might be better even if he’s… Strange.”

Illiad watches you through calm slow bites, his voice unheard in this.

Merchant to head up Dyre Den’s Caravanserai?
>Ardos Laemyn, the Pentoshi Merchant Prince’s son
>Ventys, the Myrish sellsword paymaster
>>
>>47512290
>“Barq Zos’ feelings?”
>>
>>47512327
>Laemyn
>>
>>47512327
>>Ventys, the Myrish sellsword paymaster
>>
>>47512327
In a choice between a large plate of bland food and a smaller plate of spiced food - always go the more exotic plate.
>>
>>47512327

Not a good idea to bring in our loan holders relative to a position that could be targetted in the near future if relations sour more on that front. We can hire him when we do another caravasi(?) in a safer place.
>>
>>47512327
>>
>>47512327
>Ardos Laemyn, the Pentoshi Merchant Prince’s son
I don't trust anyone from Myr any more.

Maybe that's a bad call, but seriously, fuck that Osten guy.
>>
>>47512327

I do wonder when obella will find out about that box. Will probably find her own in it
>>
>>47512426
That is a pretty good argument too. He'll be irritated enough at our bad investment if that goes bad, wouldn't want to have also gotten a personal acquaintance killed.
>>
>>47511656

No I actually understood it better this time.

Fucking Royce (or more likely Tychano) for thinking about using House Dargood as a scapegoat.
>>
>>47511784
That would be amazing. I want this to happen.
>Brynden's kids joke about how unrealistic dad's stories are and joke about Ser Twenty Goodmen
>>
Father does obella know about bryndens "collection"?
>>
>>47512633

She probably brags about her collection being bigger.
>>
>>47512677
Probably not, Obella made a deal about not sleeping with people (e.g. the prince).
>>
>>47512692

She could "accidentally" take them when no ones looking.
>>
>>47512728
Your barrel is making scraping noises. I don't think theres anything in it.
>>
>>47512746

Pretty much, yeah.

Thought it might be amusing, and it really wasn't.
>>
“Illiad, the Myrman. Ventys?”

“Ventys.”

“That’s what I said.”

“No no Lord, put too much emphasize on y.”

“The bloody thing is silent!”

“Ventys.”

“We are not doing this Illiad.”

“Victus is better speaker of the High Valyrian. A shame you are.”

“You’re speaking in bloody tongues over there!”

“Not so. You are just out of practice. Ventys.”

Obella is in giggles to your side, hiccuping on the spice and wine in her stomach as you continue your exchange until you are all laughing. Talent the man had, knew how to make you laugh, even when things felt bleak or dire. The day you lost your first man, Illiad was there with a drink and a smile. It pained you to think what it would be like without him.

After a few moments of calming down and finishing your food you bring up a topic of a more serious nature.

“Illiad anything from the Free Cities about the egg?”

“Limited things Lord,” Illiad responds stiffly, “Was shopping around however. Banks in Lys and Pentos both turned down. Surprise that Iron Bank gave look.”

“What are you talking about?” Obella asks.

“My family’s heirloom, a fossilized dragon egg, a gift from the Targaryens many years ago, was lost in the Rebellion. Royce took it, and now has a significant bargaining chip on his side when it comes to money. I would prefer to have it back.”

“Where is it now then?”

“Braavos.”

“Why not simply go there and take it?”

“Uhh… I may or may not have a warrant out for my arrest in Braavos.”

“And those associated with,” Illiad adds.

Obella’s mouth drops and looks at your dumbfounded before curling into a pout, “That’s not funny Brynden. I thought you were serious.”

Illiad and you exchange looks, blinking a few times and trying to conjure up the best serious faces you can.

“Brynden stop.”

“I really can’t.”

“You cannot be serious. Illiad tell me he’s lying.”

“Cannot Lady.”
>>
Again she pauses staring at you both, before leaning back and crossing her arms, “I refuse to believe it what did you do.”

“Here go,” Illiad mutters.

You flash him a dark look, before gesturing vaguely in an attempt to put it lightly, “You know the First Sword of Braavos?”

“Yes..?”

“Well he might have had a… Sister. Or an aunt. I can’t remember now.”

“Was sister.”

“Thank you Illiad. A sister. And… Well I might have slept with her.”

“Could hear through wall.”

“Thank you AGAIN Illiad. And then I might have stood her up the next night.”

“Was for fortnight. On contract.”

“... And her brother found out.”

“Was mad.”

“Very.”

“Came with mob. Many dancers of water. So many colors. So many pointy bits.”

“And um… Yeah. You know. Things escalated.”

“We killed many in tavern brawl.”

“Mason and Yondril were there too if you really don’t believe me.”

“And Solhas, Barq. Marqus Mudd… Most of men.”

“So things spilled out into the streets. We start to run.”

“Swim. Water chilled to bone.”

“Got out of the city. Came back a week later to link up with the Second Sons. One of them had a wanted poster out for me. 1000 of those iron coins of theirs. Very insulting, I’m worth at least 2000 alive. And now we’re here.”

“And now are here,” Illiad finishes.

Obella stares at absolutely gaping, before breaking down into drunken giggles. Illiad shrugs and you just decide to allow her the moment. After a solid minute or two of laughing your wife recomposes herself, clears her throat and brushes her skirts, “Do you still have it?”

“What the wanted poster? Yeah somewhere in my trunk I think, why?”

“I wish to see it love. My husband the outlaw. How amusing.”

“Funny.”
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 33

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.