[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://dndtools.pw/spells/eberron-c ampaign-setting--12/item-alteration
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: 1411534473910.gif (230 KB, 500x250) Image search: [Google]
1411534473910.gif
230 KB, 500x250
http://dndtools.pw/spells/eberron-campaign-setting--12/item-alteration--4928/

What does a dodge bonus to Strength look like?

What about a natural armor bonus to Intelligence?

Or a shield bonus to Wisdom?

Does having a size bonus to Charisma make you a big guy?
>>
>>47500473
Just make everything a circumstance bonus, they stack.
I'm fairly sure you can't have some bonuses for certain things (e.g. dodge bonus to strength, dodge bonuses only affect AC and sometimes reflex saves. Shield bonus to Wisdom because a shield bonus explicitly improves Armor Class, etc).
Start here, at Modifier Types, to see different bonuses:
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/theBasics.htm
>>
>>47500473
>What about a natural armor bonus to Intelligence?
A "natural armor bonus" is a "natural" bonus to armor. So turning an Intelligence bonus into that would be a natural Intelligence bonus.
>>
>>47501683
A 'natural armor bonus' is one of the 17 (if I haven't missed any) types of bonus you can get in 3.5. There is no 'natural intelligence bonus'. You couldn't change it to affect your intelligence. See the link in >>47500645 to see what each type of bonus can change.
>>
>>47500645
That's wrong. The list is just what they normally affect. It's not set in stone.
>>
>>47501741
>That's wrong.
Gee, thanks. I'm glad the arbiter of D&D rules disputes has spoken. Dick.
I can't find anything solid on the topic (and I'd wager you won't, or haven't either). I think we could agree on a middle ground at least, e.g. not being able to get a size bonus to caster level checks or a shield bonus to a skill roll.
Or please do explain how you could get a natural armor bonus to your intelligence.
>>
>>47501897
>Gee, thanks. I'm glad the arbiter of D&D rules disputes has spoken. Dick.
Huh, you make up rules and don't like it when you get them wrong.

>I think we could agree on a middle ground at least
"I'm wrong but please pretend to be a little wrong yourself so I feel less wrong."
Nope.
>>
>>47501938
>Huh, you make up rules and don't like it when you get them wrong.
Please point out where I did that.
I could be wrong about what the bonus can apply to, I already said I couldn't find anything solid on it. If it's the bonus type thing, leg me highlight part of the spell/infusion, whatever it is.
"You alter an item that provides a certain type of bonus so that it provides a different type of bonus". Type of bonus.

>"I'm wrong but please pretend to be a little wrong yourself so I feel less wrong."
Nope.

So my mistake was trying to compromise. Alright, you're just an asshole.
>>
File: Eagles.jpg (141 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
Eagles.jpg
141 KB, 250x250
>>47500473

1. Parkour
2. Aikido
3. Deflection
4. Increases magnetism to size queens
>>
>>47501994
>So my mistake was trying to compromise. Alright, you're just an asshole.
What the hell kind of retard are you to think you can compromise on reality?
>>
>>47501994
Don't bother arguing with a retard
>>
>>47502045
...... What? No, I'm talking about D&D rules. The rules of the game. Are you high?
Let me state it plainly.

-There are specific types of bonuses in 3.5 (e.g. dodge, luck, circumstance, etc).
-It does not logically follow that some could apply to certain things. Or prove to me that something like changing a +2 enhancement bonus to strength from a belt to a +2 shield bonus to strength makes sense.

I think you got mixed up in your 'natural intelligence bonus' post.
+2 [Modifier Type] to Intelligence.
See, it's not an 'intelligence bonus' that changes, it's the type. That's what I keep trying to get across to you. I'm not sure where your confusion lies here.
>>
>>47502045
>He thinks D&D is real life.
>>
>>47500473
> What does a dodge bonus to Strength look like?
You flex when you anticipate girls looking at you.
> What about a natural armor bonus to Intelligence?
Your skin is covered by armor of rapid-access memory modules magically linked with your brain.
> Or a shield bonus to Wisdom?
You see tips and newbie hints on the back of your shield.
>Does having a size bonus to Charisma make you a big guy?
for you
>>
Would dodge and deflection bonuses to Charisma make you good at evading questions and pushing blame onto others?

>>47500473
>What about a natural armor bonus to Intelligence?
"Natural armor" is not a bonus type. You don't get a natural armor bonus to AC, you get an enhancement bonus to natural armor.
>>
>>47501683
>>47503354
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/theBasics.htm#naturalArmorBonus

"Natural armor" is a bonus type.
>>
>>47503381
If you want to go precisely by the rules, it's stated that natural armor bonus can only grant AC, and dodge can only grant AC or Reflex. But at this point we're discussing a spell that any sane DM would ban or severely restrict, so it's more fun to imagine you actually can have any type of bonus applying to any attribute and think of stupid explanations of how do they accomplish it.
>>
>>47503489
>a spell that any sane DM would ban or severely restrict

It's only 10 minutes/level and just changes one type of bonus into another so I don't think it's too bad, not like it's letting you change what roll the bonus affects). Sure, you could buy several items that boost a specific thing you want to pump up to ridiculous levels (at increased cost due to slot affinities) but there's that gp cost and time limit to consider.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.