[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you guys allow vaping at the table? Why/why not?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 29
Do you guys allow vaping at the table? Why/why not?
>>
>>47495703

D&D generally revolves around a group of friends who get together to play. People who vape have no friends, so this is essentially a non-issue.
>>
>>47495703
Sure. Shits cool, usually the host let's us try his different flavors
>>47495725
Fuck you man. Me and my crew love vaping round the table. We got thc oil for it it so it doesn't taste bad like smoking a joint
>>
>>47495703
I treat it the same way I do smoking. Not at my table.

Course, I've only ever had one smoker in my group, and he would just have a smoke when we were grabbing pizza.
>>
>>47495725
Oshiii-!
>>
>>47495725
Is this a meme? I don't understand this. Vaping is basically inhaling liquid nicotine, why do people treat it like people who don't use coasters or something? I've seen a lot of pictures condemning the practice as gay (like the devices next to cocks) and I can't understand it.

I am neither smoking nor using these devices, can someone from the subculture explain? Is it like vegan hate or something?
>>
>>47495773
This.

Also, indoor smokers are the scum of the earth.
>>
>>47495820
Vegans are whole another level of obnoxious.
But essentially vaping is the new fedora.
>>
>>47495820
its a 4chan meme

vaping as a hobby is pretty gay as is spending 500 on a device so 4chan makes fun of it.

not sure how its been tied in to having no friends and being neckbeardy as if anything its more for trashy early 20 year olds, tools and douchebags
>>
File: 46725244-368-k372584.jpg (34 KB, 368x575) Image search: [Google]
46725244-368-k372584.jpg
34 KB, 368x575
>>47495703
>>
My friend is playing a Vapeshifter in our modern fantasy game so I allow it as an In Character Prop.
>>
>>47495903
I think the comment was only for the sake of making that burn, famalam. Don't overthink it.

Vaping is pretty gay though.
>>
A shitload of people in the military vape, it's pretty weird.
>>
>>47495820
It's entirely about forming outgroups.
>people who do [arbitrary inoffensive thing] aren't actually persons!
>if I exclude persons who like [arbitrary inoffensive thing] then I can be cool like my friends on the shitpost website!
>>
>>47495820

It's mostly the subculture and less the devices themselves.

I've know vapers before, and they basically walk all over every measure of politeness smoker culture has ingrained in smokers. They smoke indoors like >>47495822 points out, blow fog in your face if you take exception, and are generally known for being rather obnoxious about their noxiousness.

Albeit, half the ones I know are mostly clueless and do correct their behavior, but for the most part it seems the culture that's buying into vaping, especially those who didn't get ingrained in smoker culture first, haven't yet learned how to be polite about it. Since vaping is seen as (and branded as) the "less unhealthy" option, it's probably garnering a lot of new nicotine users who otherwise wouldn't step into nicotine use and especially those younger since vaping has had a lot less regulation on its sale and public use.
>>
>>47495971
Don't ask don't tell.
>>
>>47495953
no question, anyone who is "into" vaping has always been some combination of trashy and poor and huge faggot all rolled into one person.

Without fail they'll have plenty of tattoos and facial piercings and generally they're also ricers as well.
>>
>>47495971
Same reason that a lot of them dip: to cut back on smoking.
>>
>>47495820
>why do people treat it like people who don't use coasters or something?
Because of vapers who are obnoxious about it and blow "vapor" in people's faces, vape in non-smoking zones, etc. on the justification that it's technically not smoking.
>>
>>47495995
>no question, anyone who is "into" RPGs has always been some combination of trashy and poor and huge faggot all rolled into one person.
>Without fail they'll have plenty of unwashed stench and neckbeards and generally they're also sexual deviants as well.
>>
>>47495703
Dont really give a fuck.

I wont allow smoking at the table, cigarette smoke fucks with my asthma and seeps into the fucking couches but vape smoke doesn't have the same properties in my experience.
>>
>>47495885
>>47495903
>>47495976
>>47495981

Is it bad if you go from cigarettes to vaping to avoid the cancer?
>>
>>47495981
>vaping is seen as (and branded as) the "less unhealthy" option
This right here. Vapers are the kind of people who want to smoke because they think it's cool, but don't want the icky bad consequences of smoking.

They're just terrible people.
>>
>>47495703
I allow non-nicotine vape at the table, just because I don't want any of it second-hand.
>>
>>47496039
There isn't enough data on vaping to know if it is harmful for you or not. It is almost certainly better for you than smoking cigarettes, so yes.
>>
>>47496039
Yes, you're still a literally subhuman addict and deserve to be treated like an animal until society collectively puts you down like the weak willed faggot you are.
Also, enjoy popcorn lung you fucking poorfag.
>>
>>47496034
good to see we're in agreement
>>
>>47496039
You're not avoiding the cancer. You're just summoning it slower.
>>
>>47496039
Vape if you want to dude. Dont let 4chan make your fucking decisions for you.

As to pros and cons, no cancer but you burn through that shit real fast. Like I know a lad tried vaping but gave it up because he burned through 2 weeks supply in 3 days.

>>47496066
As a note, if you drink, masturbate or eat junk food of any description, don't hold this sort of attitude. If you're gonna be this condescending, you better be fucking hardcore.
>>
>>47496039
Just don't buy cigarettes. Going cold-turkey won't kill you, but it will with booze.
>>
>>47496060
I meant, yes it's ok. No it's not bad.
>>
>>47495703
No, because you're a faggot if you do something distracting while at the table
>>
>>47496099
>drink, masturbate or eat junk food of any description
What do you take me for some half literate inbred low-class poorscum like the rest of these fags and probably yourself?

Don't lump me in with your vices.
>>
>>47496039

>avoid the cancer

You're cutting out a pretty large swathe of carcinogens from cigarettes, but unfortunately nicotine isn't least among them. Unfortunately, vapor fluid has a whole new batch of chemicals in it that are much less understood, though a number of them are known carcinogens.

And worse, the companies that manufacture the fluid suffer some pretty terrible problems in batch consistency, many tested samples have inconsistent ingredients, more of some and less of others. Even some non-nicotine fluid batches were shown to contain nicotine, as much as the regular nicotine fluids. As industry oversight catches up to this, we'll learn more and screening will force quality and consistency standards on manufacturers, but for now it's the wilderness of an unknown quantity.
>>
>>47495703
Depends on what the fluid is. If it smells nasty, then no. If it doesn't, then no problem.

Unless you're talking about actually vaping weed or tobacco, because that would be a no.
>>
>>47496146
Anon, your on 4chan, YOU ARE like rest of us.
>>
File: 1453798366314.jpg (103 KB, 1090x645) Image search: [Google]
1453798366314.jpg
103 KB, 1090x645
>>47496060
Getting shot with a .22 is less lethal than smoking too.
Doesn't mean I'm gonna fire one off in my ass.

You're argument is Shit and you're retarded
>>
File: Immunity.jpg (63 KB, 550x448) Image search: [Google]
Immunity.jpg
63 KB, 550x448
>>47496183

He's going to work his way up to cigarettes so he can avoid the damage.
>>
>>47496146
Wasn't actually talking to you, dude, just making a general note. Sorry if it seemed otherwise.

As for vices, yes I have mine. Life is for living and I would rather enjoy it than restrain myself from things for a sense of superiority.

I mean, for fuck sake, we're on a board dedicated to playing make believe and/or arm-chair general in groups of varying sizes. Unless you're here purely to argue, your argument holds no water. Even TTRPG is a vice.
>>
>>47496099
>if you drink, masturbate or eat junk food
Spotted the fedora.

>>47495995
Also fat as fuck or literal twigs.
Normal people don't vape because it's for trash people.
>>
>>47496183
It's not an argument, it's just a factual statement.
>>
>>47496182
Yeah, no, I'm sorry you and so many others are jealous that I have the money and education to afford to take care of my body.

Take a note, vapefags, the 'we're in this together' mentality is the sort of thing that keeps you people so poor.
>>
>>47496232
>Spotted the fedora.
What?
>>
>>47495703
No.
Because people who feel the need to suck plastic cocks are all hiding some kind of mental malfunction.
>>
>>47496231
>Even TTRPG is a vice
Not my fault the game doesn't lead you to read historical, philosophical, religious, and anthropological material.

Sounds like you need a more engaging GM, which isn't hard if you're around people who got even half of a reasonable education (which won't be found in whatever shitty small town or suburb you grew up in).
>>
File: 1269964414333.gif (15 KB, 814x509) Image search: [Google]
1269964414333.gif
15 KB, 814x509
>>47496243
>>
>>47495981
It's not even that, I know plenty of smokers who switch to it and are suddenly doing it inside and they'll just whip it out whenever as though it was completely different.
>>
>>47496247
10/10 reply.

>Anon, your on 4chan, YOU ARE like rest of us.
Not that this attitude is also prevalent in metalheads who take head trauma 'for fun' and wonder why they can't progress past line cook. The overlap could be the topic of a research paper.
>>
>>47496283
There is evidence that vaping will help a person quit cigarettes. There is no evidence that shooting yourself with a .22 will help you quit cigarettes unless you die in which case you will quit everything forever.
>>
>>47495725
>all tabletop games are D&D
What the fuck is with you people, it's like you really do have brain damage
>>
File: 1454292306797.png (33 KB, 500x600) Image search: [Google]
1454292306797.png
33 KB, 500x600
>>
>>47496362
You're in a thread with vapefags, what do you think?

Seriously these "people" are like crackheads but worse.
>>
>>47496339
You need to think outside of the box.
>give .22 to another person
>instruct the person to shoot you every time they see you smoking
I'll wager my next paycheck it does help quit smoking.
>>
>>47496384
%100 percent positive you have never met a crackhead
>>
>>47496362
To be fair the most obnoxious people in the TTRPG scene do seem to migrate to D&D and Pathfinder. My guess being that constantly getting moved along means they only get to play the common systems.
>>
File: adultsaretalking.png (245 KB, 500x357) Image search: [Google]
adultsaretalking.png
245 KB, 500x357
>>47496247
>>
File: 1408424508624.jpg (8 KB, 168x167) Image search: [Google]
1408424508624.jpg
8 KB, 168x167
>>47496385
I am beaten.

O, I die Horatio.
>>
>>47496459
Vapers are more like crackwhores actually.
They're around but no one wants them except for the people using them to make a quick dollar.
Except of course for other crackwhores of course. Just so they can dish about crack culture and which hole tyrone tore open last time they needed a fix.
>>
>>47495820
Because people who vape are like the kids who smoked in middle and high school but about 10 years older.
For the most part, nobody cares, but there's a specific group that makes it their job to make sure everybody cares.
T. Work at vape store
>>
>>47495703
Sure, just don't be an asshole about. If we're at somebody's house and they want you to do it outside, do it outside.

It's not like they're smoking a blunt or anything. If they were they'd at least have to share.
>>
>>47496770
>degenerate hipster weednigger invited to a game by one of me "friends"
>offers to drive out for food at break, players run with, he gets my players intoxicated
>they get back all red eyed, inattentive, and giggly, game trainwrecks
>wait for them all to filter out.
>memorize stonerfag's license plate number
>phone in a complaint that the vehicle almost ran me off the road and was swerving lanes, inform the police of stonerfag's general location, residence, direction, plates, make, model, etc.
>he gets pulled over
>and searched
>with all that weed on him
>goes to county
>had priors
>ends up he had enough to get sent to the fed for a couple years since he'd been in trouble before

Remember, /tg/, cleaning up society is in nobody's hands but yours and if you don't do your part, more kids are going to end up a waste like my "friends'" jailbird buddy.
>>
>>47495820
In my experience, tabletop gamers exert their "alfa male dominance" by their overpowering body odor stench. The idea of someone producing a good smell (be it by vaping, cologne, air fresheners, or other means) is entirely emasculating and offensive to the neckbeards.
>>
>>47495703

I don't allow vaping in buildings I'm in. If you need to inhale your satan-gas, do it outside.
>>
>>47496865
You better be joking. Getting your friend high during a game was a bit of a dick move, but unless he was doing far worse he doesn't sound like he deserved that.
>>
>>47497049
Don't do the crime if you can't do the time, you loser pothead.
>>
>>47497049
He was breaking the law. He deserved it or he wouldn't have been sent up to the pokey.
>>
>>47496869
>Vaping.
>"Good smell"
I bet you sniff your own farts.
>>
>>47497049
If you don't want Bubba in your ass
don't smoke grass!
>>
>>47497049
A dick move but the guy was obviously already on thin ice. Can't say he hadn't been warned what would happen if he kept smoking.
>>
>>47497084
Bet it would smell great if you injected some bleach into the liquid chamber while the vapefag goes to the bathroom.

It'd be such a shame if someone else died from improperly manufactured fluid.
>>
>>47496865
>ruin peoples lives
>act like you did society a service

I'll bet you vote democrat
>>
>>47497077
>You pothead loser

wow how old are you man lol wow
>>
>>47495703
Yeah, because I don't give a fuck. Doesn't seem to be an issue and usually he goes over to an open window or blows it to the side.
>>
>>47496288

Then perhaps it IS the device itself.

It should be placed rightly in its place among the fedoras for items which have inherent influence, either granted by memetics or because the function, purpose, and/or design all create a nexus from which influence from without can seep into the individual who communes with or otherwise uses the item.
>>
>>47497119
^This, people who do drugs have zero impulse control and will wind up in prison anyhow, the best thing we can do is help along the process whenever and however we can.
>>
>>47497077
I don't smoke. Nice projecting though.
>>47497083
>>47497098
>>47497119
I still feel like it could have been handled more maturely.
>>
>>47497144
>dude ron weed paul rEOVLution lmao 420blazeit
Proudly.
>>
>>47497169
I wouldn't go that far, just that I won't sympathize with you if you repeatably break the law.

Whether I report you or not depends on how negatively you effect me or others.
>>
>>47497144
his life was already ruined if he was smoking that shit and driving tbqh fampai
>>
>>47497169
That's a very general assumption. Do you think you're being a superhero or something?
>>
>>47497178
You're right.
Only children turn people in to the authorities for committing a crime. He should have followed that fucker and gone pure Charlie Bronson on him.
>>
>>47497207
He's not the hero people deserve. Or need.
>>
>>47496035
>i don't care

That's because you're stupid. This board isn't about smoke or vapour, it's about TTGs. Ring tones don't "seep" into your furniture either, but blasting douche-scented vapour across the table is just as distracting. Vapeheads can vape outside during our regular session breaks just like the group's other "O2 isn't good enough" junkies. I bear them no malice for their weaknesses but, as the SJW poster says - NOT at my table.
>>
>>47497178
Not saying it couldn't have been, but I will not sympathize with someone who is forewarned not to break laws again. Just because you personally disagree with the law doesn't mean you should consistently break it. You'll only hurt yourself.
>>
>>47495703
no, because i dont want to die in 20 years from inhaling particulates
>>
>>47495903
My gf vapes as a method to stop smoking. Device costs $10.
>>
>>47497238
You just reminded me I work with asbestos.

Fuck.
>>
>>47497224
>Just because you personally disagree with the law doesn't mean you should consistently break it. You'll only hurt yourself.
I hope none of you chums buy your GW minis off chinaman or pirate books :^)
>>
>>47497199
This.
>>47497213
He didn't do that, though. He reported a guy who was breaking a minor law indirectly by lying because he was butthurt and wanted to feel like he "Did the right thing.". Whether or not the action was good or not, the reasoning is childish, as is your strawmaning.
>>
>>47497242
I heard a blowjob everyday you're clean helps as well.
>>
>>47497207
No, I have this little thing called "a sense of civic duty" which used to be important in this nation.

But no, keep smoking your weed and then wonder why crime in your neighborhood is so high or the kids down the block never get anywhere and wind up as opiate addicted truck drivers at 55.
>>
>>47496157
on top of this the vapor that you inhale creates smaller particles then smoking does, called particulets, and those are pretty damn harmful to your lungs, your lungs can get rid of smoke sized shit, but not the smaller particles from vapor, they build up and clog your bronchile tubes or whatever up, just as bad as cancer
>>
>>47497264
>But no, keep smoking your weed and then wonder why crime in your neighborhood is so high or the kids down the block never get anywhere and wind up as opiate addicted truck drivers at 55.
But I don't live anywhere near blacks or mexicans?
>>
>>47497251
>consistently break it
When I get caught and told this s my last chance I will buy them.
>>
>>47497264
well /pol/'d my friend
>>
>>47497247
do you wear a mask? i used to work at a place that made roofing shingles with asbestos, and the dude next to me never wore a mask
>>
>>47497260
People fucking get plowed into all the time by weed intoxicated drivers, like, every fucking day.

So fuck you if you don't want another pothead off the street so he can't plow into a car with an innocent and socially productive family while lost in a giggle fit.
>>
>>47497297
I do, I'm a welder.

No cutting, and good supervisors mean I'm pretty safe.
>>
>>47497264
I don't smoke, Nobody I've known who smoked ended up a hardcore druggie with no hope, and you "civic duty" would make a great badge to put on your fedora.

You keep on that neighborhood watch, though, Ms. Peggy Hill, you sure are making a difference.
>>
>>47496865
Of all the things that never happened, this never happened the most.
>>
>>47497301
Never heard of it happening. Heard of drunk drivers, though.

I don't think you've ever smoked weed if you think it means you constantly giggle.
>>
>>47497340
>I'm to uneducated to keep current with government research and news!
http://wtsc.wa.gov/News/marijuana-increased-in-2014-as-a-factor-in-deadly-crashes/
Try not to wear your ignorance like a mark of pride.
>>
>>47496544
>>47496459
He probably has met his mother by now.

>2016
That's right, still making yo momma jokes.
>>
>>47497363
They're about half as old as yo momma.
>>
>>47495981
I don't vape, but I have several friends who do. And that shit smells fucking good. Ten times better than any glade plug-in bullshit. I don't get why people would find vaping indoors rude, because the reasons why it is for smoking is because the smoke is noxious and the smell gets into everything and never leaves. Vape has neither of those issues.

I'm with >>47495976, this is purely about neckbeards trying to feel superior about the scary new things they don't like.
>>
File: 1452567955159.jpg (461 KB, 900x675) Image search: [Google]
1452567955159.jpg
461 KB, 900x675
>>>47495703
I dealt with it online. In my VOIP group the guy did not stop until the girl he was trying to impress told him to "stop fucking smoking in the mic you stupid twat, only spastics vape."

There is no reason to open up your mic just to blow smoke on the mic. At least people who did smoke had the politeness to step outside.
>>
File: 1427272851659.jpg (275 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
1427272851659.jpg
275 KB, 1440x1080
Depends on the person/house, but overall i enjoy playing with a relaxed group who can drink / smoke as they please.
I play in a group though and one the guys is a asshole/retard vaper who blows in your face, vapes in stores, and wont stop talking about it ... I DM another group though with 3 people who vape(inside) / smoke(outside) who are very respectable with it and have actually turned me onto vaping myself. So i can definitly understand both sides but ..Most people i have met who are against vaping are also against drinking / strong language. . So i would much rather go with a whole group of asshole vapers.
>>
forgot how virulent /tg/'s hate for cannabis and tobacco was
>>
>>47497362
>Try not to wear your ignorance like a mark of pride.
Do you talk like this in real life? And how was I "wearing my ignorance like a mark of pride"?

Either way, while not very good for you, 12% is nowhere near 40% who drink. But you never tipped your fedora about how any consumer of that vile poison will ever be in your suburban neighborhood, when they can rot in jail for partaking in such evil beverages.

Do you go on /pol/?
>>
>>47497449
As always depends on the setting.
>>
>>47497449
Nah, this is just /pol/ leaking. Or one or two clever trolls.
>>
>>47497431
>Trying to vape to impress a girl
>Literally opening the mic just to let everyone know they vape

Vapers are next level tistic
>>
>>47497466
keked
>>
>>47497431
>blowing smoke into the mic

my fucking god
>>
>>47497474
no i used to come here years ago (2009) and there was constant salt about smokers and weedfags
>>
>>47497264
>>47497279
Want to know what I love about weed legalization? Articles like this:
http://www.inlander.com/spokane/best-budtender-zack-krogh/BestOf?oid=2725476
>>
>>47497474
Really depends, most people on /tg/ will take offense if you light up at the table (especially in their house) but are fine if you do it outside or away from the group.
>>
>>47497502
That's more of a courtesy thing. Regardless of whether or not I'm fine with it, you should ask before you smoke in somebody's house.
>>
>>47497502
No, if you do drugs on my property you're getting beat down and held until the police come to confiscate your narcotics and haul you off to where you belong.

You bring legal intoxicants and you'll be asked to leave, once, before I just jump on top of you and beat the dogshit out of you.
>>
>>47495703
As long as it's not too strong smelling and you blow it down.
>>
>>47497517
I'm pretty sure that's the general conscious on the subject on /tg/ whenever these threads pop up every 2 or so weeks.
>>
>>47497527
You overstepped. Now it's too obvious.
>>
I'm pretty lax about my table rules. Vapes are fine as long as you're not blowing it into everyone's faces, but don't you dare fucking smoke in my house because that shit sticks, especially to electronics. And if you don't use a coaster, you're out.
>>
>>47497527
Please teach me your ways of autism, so that I may be as badass as you.

And then when the cops haul me away instead of the smoker, I'm sure they will be so impressed with the sheer level of testosterone that they'll completely drop the assault charges.
>>
Literally all of my friends smoke some combination of weed, cigarettes, and vape. We don't give a shit.

People bring their asses outside to smoke butts, though.
>>
>>47497549
How are you still biting? He's made it pretty obvious that he's only pretending to be retarded.
>>
>>47497546
>I'm going to let you and your skeevy redneck addictions within 60' feet of my home, wife, or children.
Yeah, no.
>>
>>47497527
I'm more generalizing the attitude of /tg/. Of course it differs by the person.
>>
>>47497565
Let's be honest here, you don't have any of those things.
>>
>>47497549
>not leaving when asked politely
In some states that'd give me license to blow a hole through your chest.
You'd be surprised how quickly family in the police force will make things go when faced with complex matters like self defense.
>>
>>47497585
Then your family in the force are shit head criminals. At least the castle doctrine has oversight.
>>
>ITT: Manlets trying to troll.
Zzz
>>
>>47497603
>has oversight
Yeah, my uncle :^)
>>
>>47497149
The people who do it like that are fine, just the ones that blow it in your fucking face and try to make a cloud over the table and whatnot are obnoxious as hell
>>
>>47497612
Who's also your brother.
>>
File: 1463005189607.png (152 KB, 400x433) Image search: [Google]
1463005189607.png
152 KB, 400x433
I know this is all just trolling, but I do run into people with these attitudes sometimes and it's astonishing that people can have such strong opinions about weed, considering I live in like Opiate Capital, USA

At least we grow all our own weed.
>>
>>47497635
That just means double the protectionism and nepotism for me, anon.
>>
>>47496865
You're an asshole for your sanctimonious "cleaning up society" mindset. That being said, if this did happen (it didn't), you were right to call the cops but you probably did it for the wrong reason. The RIGHT reason to call would be that this moron was driving while high. That is dangerous and will kill people.
>>
>>47495820
Because it's pointless, looks retarded, smells horrible, and is really expensive. You're paying money to look like a prick and force everyone to smell your rancid dingleberry juice that you're inhaling. Even the name sounds retarded.
>>
>>47495703
If everybody's cool with it, yeah. Because at least it doesn't smell like shit.
>>
>>47497291
Your rationalization arouses me, my cognitively dissonant friend.
>>
>ITT:
>people who have never been addicted to anything
vs
>people who are currently thinking unclearly due to their addiction

Really it's quite a thing to watch.
>>
>>47497931
Only if you're retarded do you not understand ultimatums. I will break minor laws that I personally see no harm in breaking (like jaywalking) if it conveniences me. But if I'm given an ultimatum with the risk of a prison sentence for doing so it's my fault for breaking the law again, and thus because I was retarded I'm getting arrested.

Nor is it like I play 40k or have PDF's. My computer is shit and I enjoy the books more.
>>
>>47496232
>>Normal people don't vape because it's for trash people.
Smelling like old ash is so much better, uh.
>>
>>47497876
Hope you don't mind my cigars then, friend.
>just got some genuine havanas from my boy, a cuban national
>people bitching about vaping, as though their vice is better than someone else's vice
>>
>>47498036
Pretty sure he's saying don't do either.
>>
>>47498003
There is a difference between being caught due to your own foolishness, and being sold out by some twat you don't even know.
>>
Visible tattoos, vaping, cigarette smoking, lack of coaster use are all general indicators of lower socio-economic class. Some of these indicators have become fashionable among younger people as acts of rebellion. Try not to be trashy.
>>
None of my players vape, but I wouldn't really care. Guy at my job vapes all the time and I've been partnered with him plenty of times before. Never bothered me.
>>
>>47498067
Yeah, live your life clean, eat your veggies AND your soup, let it go on the belly of the wife when you got your 3 kids, and don't rattle the cage.
>>
I only attend one con a year and that is GenCon. Disguisting smokers at every exit. Degenerate fatties and retards (not in costume) that dress like white trash scum (shop at Hottopic). Often am I ashamed to share some of the same interests as these "gamers".
>>
>>47498083
Griping about social morays, economic status, habituation, and "proper" rather than good taste is generally indicative of a lower to middle class individual trying to signal as though they are high class despite not realizing that the people they're trying to score hypothetical points with don't give a shit about tattoos or coaster use or what college you went to because they're engaged in an entirely different sort of status signaling involving who can buy the fastest racehorse or which obscure Mediterranean island they vacationed at this summer.
>>
>>47498122

Are you trying to say smoking for vaping is some sort of act of rebellion against societal norms and those that do it are bad ass rebels?
>>
>>47498081
Nice trolling, or severe retardation. The guy was smoking and driving, could be seen by anyone, the guy got high in front of strangers who's to say they won't dob him in.

In no way is anyone else responsible to help you break the law, if they choose to report you it's not on them it's on you. If you're on thin ice be smart enough not to expose yourself committing crimes.
>>
>>47498139

Im not trying to score points with rich people. I am trying to identify scum I would prefer not to associate with. The scum may in fact be good people but they purposely choose to mimic behaviors of deviants.
>>
>>47498139
Good post.

>>47498147
Not at all.
>>
>>47498149
Thank god cannabis has been decriminalized in my county.
>>
>>47498149
>The guy was smoking and driving, could be seen by anyone, the guy got high in front of strangers who's to say they won't dob him in.
Except none of that happened, anon.
You are using hypotheticals to justify your own twaterry.
>>
>>47498003
Weed's no more harmful than alcohol or cigarettes when treated with the same level of responsibility as those two substances are. So are you just a holistic, teetotaling prick or is your only justification for hating marijuana its decreasingly controlled status? Either way you're an idiot.
>>
>>47498170
>deviants
Motherfucker. You are on /tg/. You have no room to talk. You ARE a deviant, and a pretty big one at that.
>>
>>47498040
I don't have a vice comparable to vaping. My biggest vice is indulging in junk food or masturbating, neither of which directly affect other people, or my presentation of myself, as vaping does.
>>
>>47498170
Then why are you speaking towards a higher class of individuals, given your use of "scum"?

You're obviously not concerned about the scum, so telling them they're scum and you don't want to associate with them matters zero to the equation.

The only people who would actually care are those who see themselves as both above the people you're talking about and above you. You're either fishing for peers or adulation from those up the totem pole.

Now, what's interesting, is that unless you're obscenely wealthy or otherwise high strata, you're probably complaining about scum with a shelf of novelty glasses somewhere in the house, two or less bookshelves with little to zeroFerdowsi or Tantraolka or other "fine" literature, a toolset, multiple video game systems, maybe some model minis and display weaponry in your room, and other markers of "middle class" status which to be quite honest doesn't sound any more appealing than rednecks or hoodrats.
>>
>>47498200
>degenerate hipster weednigger invited to a game by one of me "friends"
>offers to drive out for food at break, players run with, he gets my players intoxicated
>they get back all red eyed, inattentive, and giggly, game trainwrecks
>wait for them all to filter out.
>memorize stonerfag's license plate number
>phone in a complaint that the vehicle almost ran me off the road and was swerving lanes, inform the police of stonerfag's general location, residence, direction, plates, make, model, etc.
>he gets pulled over
>and searched
>with all that weed on him
>goes to county
>had priors
>ends up he had enough to get sent to the fed for a couple years since he'd been in trouble before.

The guy did.
>>
>>47498233

I'd hardly call tg/ a deviant board but very well. My deviance is not on display like smokers and vapers.
>>
>>47498040
B-but what if my only vice is a love of cream soda?
>>
I didn't say I am cultured. I am firmly middle class. What I am not is tattooed, smoking, fat, white trash.
>>
>>47496865
>>47498279
>>
>>47498186
As it is in mine. But the principle stands, it's your fault if you break the law, even more so if it's repeatably. Others will not cater to you and if you want to avoid jail time don't expect that everyone will.
>>
>>47498003
This is a reasonable point of view.
>>
>>47498301
That is the subject of my posts. Perhaps you've mistaken me for someone else.
>>
>>47498324
>mistaken me for someone else.
>anonymous message board
>>
>>47498296
Unless you're the 1%, you're always a trash person to someone.
>>
>>47498279
>literally perjury
I see, I see.
>>
>>47498315
Thank you.
>>
>>47498341
It's from the post earlier up. Basically fault was in the stoner, in no way is anyone else obligated to protect you if you break the law. The guy was a bit of a dick for reporting him but don't expect sympathy if you don't change your behavior when jail time looms over your head.
>>
>>47498281
Nothing wrong with smoking and vaping until you're doing it around people that don't want to breathe the tainted air. Hate to cite something as shitty as Wicca but "An it harm none, do what ye will." is a pretty solid code to live by. Is the person that smokes/vapes in a location that will prevent secondhand from getting to people that don't want to get it harming anyone? No. Leave 'em alone. Criticize them for something other than the actual vaping, such as their pretentiousness (if applicable).
>>
>>47498398
It's not about reporting him, it's about lying to the fucking police.
>>
>>47498399
I hope you realize Gardner cribbed that phrase from a smoker, drinker, heroin shooter, cocaine sniffer, peyote eater, pothead, and prolific bisexual.
>>
>>47498411
But it's not lying.
>dude was driving intoxicated
>report him for driving intoxicated
>punished for driving intoxicated
This isn't rocket biology, anon.
>>
>>47498411
Oh yes there is that, one of the reasons why the guy is a dick. I thought you were talking about reporting him as that's what everyone else bitches about.

In reality the guy could have just dobbed him in without a fake cover story. Retarded to throw one on for no reason.
>>
>>47498438
Oh no he was, it's one of the reasons why he's a dick. Claiming that stoner almost ran him off the road. Still not going to sympathize with someone for getting caught doing something illegal and avoidable.
>>
>there are people
>right now
>on this board
>as we type
>who would willingly
>gladly and eagerly
>purjur themselves
>to facilitate the imprisonment
>in a federal institution
>of fellow gamers
>for the felony crime
>of possessing a plant
>more harmless than alcohol
>or tobacco
>in their general vincinity
>>
>>47498496
No, but I will not sympathize with you if you get caught repeatably breaking the law.
>>
File: 0820110209a.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
0820110209a.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1920
>>47495703
allow anything as long as you dont spill it
>>
>>47498341
OBJECTION
It wasn't under oath, so it wasn't perjury.
>>
>>47496869
>good smell
I wouldn't call them good. Not really bad, but more like an unpleasant version of a good smell.
>>
>>47498122
Rock that misfit shirt buds.
>>
>>47495820
Vaping smells vile, and gets this gross residue on everything that the vapor touches. Despite that, entitled assholes feel like they should be able to vape whenever they want.
>>
>57 posters, 181 replies
Jesus Christ Timmy that's a lot of fucking salt, can you show me on the doll where the bad vaper man touched you?
You fucking come off like some guy blowing vapor bum rushed you into the handicap stall and had his way with you.
>>
>>47498421
Okay? It's also a notion that extends back to the Declaration of Independence and likely far further back as well. That prestigious enough for you?
>>
>>47498647
Honestly I dislike Vapefags because they act like they're hot shit and they are free of the restrictions smokers have despite it being the same shit.
When I worked at a fast food joint last year, there was a vapefag who would come in every day and blow that shit at everyone and try to be super cool about it. Like a long, overly drawn out exhale that took like 20 seconds.
He was at least 80 pounds overweight, and wore a Trenchcoat even in the summer.
The worst part of it is that he kept blowing that shit in my face too.
>>
>>47498673
Back to Augustine ("Love, and do what thou wilt"), I'm just saying the guy (Crowley) most responsible for popularizing any iteration of that phrase after Gargantua and Pantagruel can be described as many things, but an advocate of conventional morality or adhering to laws ain't one of them.
>>
>>47498710
It's like cyclists. You're on the road as well, just because you're not a car doesn't mean you are free from the road rules.
>>
>>47498710
>Honestly I dislike /tg/fags because they act like they're hot shit and they are free of the restrictions video gamers have despite it being the same shit.
>When I worked at a fast food joint last year, there was a /tg/fag who would come in every day and blow his shitty game stories at everyone and try to be super cool about it. Like a long, overly drawn out tales that took like 20 minutes.
>He was at least 80 pounds overweight, and wore a Trenchcoat even in the summer.
>The worst part of it is that he kept running his mouth while I was trying to get my smoke break.
>>
>>47498759
>free from the restrictions
Stopped reading there. Analogy failed, please try again.
>>
File: daniel.jpg (32 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
daniel.jpg
32 KB, 480x360
>>47498296
>tfw i dont have tattos, smoke or drinkand not white trash, but am a fatty
at...at least i shower every day and wear proper deoderant at all times so im not one of the smelly ones
>>
>>47498792
In my years here I'm sure I've seen tens of dozens of people claim to get into P&P games because you get more freedom in them than in video format, but whatever.

My point is that if your argument can have a few nouns yanked out and turned into a form fill, it's probably not particularly strong.
>>
>>47498711
Crowley was a moron and, again, I do not have enough time to fully articulate my contempt for Wicca or really any of this other New Agey trash. That being said, the guy it came from isn't really something I, nor anybody else, should care about, I think. You judge someone's character by their actions and ideas, not their actions and their ideas by their character. Doing so would be an ad hominem.
>>
>>47498823
I honestly don't care if you're overweight so long as you're hygienic. 10/10 times I'll take a tubby over a skinny smelly guy.
>>
>>47498842
>Earned enough credit at Trinity Cambridge for a degree but declined before publishing a corpus of materials that still sees serious academic research through today.
Again, you can call AC lots of things, but I don't think moron's one of them.

>contempt for wicca and other trash
You sound like you're totally interested in a good faith conversation on this stuff.
>>
>>47498841
But any argument can have a few nouns yanked out and turned into a form fill.
>>
>>47498932
Go pick an article out of the most recent Nature and do that shit.
I'll wait.
>>
>>47498903
Sorry that I don't like hoodoo. And I'd consider anybody that literally thinks magic is real to be a moron on some level.
>>
>>47495703
As long as he doesn't fog it up so bad that I actually start getting irritated vision/breathing he can mist all he wants. He even does tricks sometimes before the session.
>>
Yes, because I play in a garage or outside, and we all smoke except for the one guy who "quit".
>>
I don't allow sex at the table, so no sucking your robot dick at my table.

Honestly, though, I've seen some pretty cool vape devices, but you're still not smoking/vaping in my house. If it's your house, your rules, and I won't say shit about it.
>>
>>47499083
Lemme guess. He quit so he doesn't buy them, but he will always bum them while y'all're smoking.
>>
>>47499058
Well for one you barely sound qualified to speak on the matter.

Hoodoo is of Afro-Carib origin, commonly like Yoruba, Ara, Ifo, Igbo, etc., while Crowley's transmissions tend to come through the grimoire tradition, Golden Dawn, and his time studying Saivism and Buddhism with Bennett in India.

You can have any classification system you like but the bottom line is AC's probably better educated than anybody posting in this thread judging from the Yorke Microfilms, the problems in formal logic addressed by margin notes in Liber 333 and passed on to Russell, etc., whatever else you wanna say about the guy as a person.
>>
>>47499122
Don't be pedantic. You know what I mean by hoodoo. The fact that Crowley was well-educated makes it even less acceptable that he was so foolish, as it makes a defense by ignorance impossible.
>>
>>47495820
The problem with Vaping is that it was originally meant as a means to quit smoking, but very few people actually use it for that. They just replace smoking with vaping and never stop while thinking that they’ve accomplished something, which comes out in their attitude.

Then there are the dumb fucks who don’t smoke but still start vaping because they want to smoke but are too pussy to deal with the consequences (or some equally or more stupid reason, like as a "Hobby"). It’s also been associated with hipsters/millennials too, so they’ve given it an even worse reputation.

Finally, it's distracting and still pretty inconsiderate. You’re trying to talk to someone and they’re making fish faces and wafting vapor everywhere or even letting it blow in your face “Because it’s safe”.

If you use it for its intended purpose to quit smoking and you’re not a douche about it then then there’s nothing wrong with it, so long as you eventually stop.
>>
>>47499223
>It's foolish to be interested in direct apprehension of the phenomenology of religious experience!
Yeah, William James, Aldous Huxley, and Sam Harris seem like rubes too.

I hope you realize there are entire academic fields devoted to studying various religious and magical systems in and of themselves, because you don't get far in studying something when you go "that's foolish" and stopping inquiry.
>>
>>47499324
Looking at it from an anthropological or psychological perspective is perfectly rational, scientific, academic, valid, interesting, whatever you want to call it.
Looking at it from a perspective that literally thinks that magic is real is dumb. Magic isn't real.
>>
>>47499388
But the anthropological perspective inherently does not care about what anybody but the culture or practitioners has to say on the topic of a given system of magic.

Go take your attitude into an Anth 250 course and see how far it gets you.

>"But magic's not real."
>"And?"
>"..."

And just fyi, AC wrote extensively on secular and psychological interpretations of occultism as well...it would probably help your rhetorical skills if you were actually familiar with the corpuses of material you dislike so much. Because it's not AC who sounds like the fool in this conversation.
>>
>>47495903
>/tg/ poster says spending 500 on a hobby is gay

actually lol'ing
>>
>>47499454
Crowley founded a religion and established himself as its prophet. He was either lying to make a name for himself (in which case he's a shitty person) or he actually believed it, in which case he was not studying the perspective(s) of the religious practitioner(s) but rather was one and thus believed in magic, in which case I default to my previous point.

And no, I don't need to parse the incredibly dense and only marginally relevant works of Crowley to know of his belief system in great enough detail to discuss it in an intellectually honest manner. All I care about is whether he actually believed his rituals actually did anything or not. I am /heavily/ inclined to believe he did in which case I again default to my earlier point.
>>
>>47499491
>smoking as a hobby
you're right, that's pretty lol worthy levels of pathetic.
>>
>>47498281
/d/ is the spiritual sequel to /tg/
>>
>>47499117
This is a little known life hack that will help smokers save money
>>
Everyone I play with smokes, either cannabis or tobacco, so we don't have any issues.
>>
>>47496066
Fuck off, /pol/
>>
If you vape at my table I smite you
>>
>>47496157
God, I can't wait for the FDA to start cracking down on this shit, so vapers can't be condescending shitheads about how "it's better than smoking"
>>
You have to go outside to vape just like the smokers do.
I don't like having a room filled with noxious vape everyhwere.
The smokers may be gross but at least we go outside to smoke, don't blow smoke in peoples face and don't smoke 24/7 like some of these vape dudes.
>>
I don't give a fuck what people do elsewhere but you're not smoking shit in my house, let alone my goddamned rec room.
We're here to play D&D, I've provided you with beer and food. You have the entire rest of your day to vape to your heart's content.
Quit acting like a victim and just don't be a rude asshole to your friend.
>>
>>47497463
Are you retarded?
>>
Vaping shits me to tears. I like the smell of good tobacco, but great voluminous clouds of tangy banana-cherry sodapop get my goat, particularly as vapers tend to ignore any social niceties that have developed around smoking.
>>
>>47496060

You're retarded if you actually believe this.
>>
>>47500407
>Error 404 argument not found.
>>
>>47496058

What about CBD or THC vape?

I only vape CBD, I smoke cigarettes for Nicotine.

CBD is like THC, and gets you high, but is legal in every U.S. state / most of the world, and can only be done with vaping.
>>
ITT, teenagers who still believe what DARE taught them and puritanical neocons getting together to share their pant-shitting fear of intoxicants by lashing out with impotent nerdrage.
>>
>>47496865
Lawful Neutral
>>
>>47500465
I just think the culture is a bunch of weedbro elitists.

If you're looking to get that head start on death/look cool and edgy, smoke if you don't care so much.

Go big or go home.
>>
>>47500465
You tried the same bait last time this popped up.
>>
>>47500482
LN verging on LE maybe.
>>
>>47495703
Same rule as the bar I used to work at: Vaping's fine, but don't be a douche about it. No blowing it in faces or trying to obscure the entire room with epic clouds.

>>47495903
>its a 4chan meme
Nah, it's a meme with normies too. We give all kinds of shit to our friends who are really into vaping, mostly in good fun though.

>>47497421
>I don't get why
There is a sizeable portion of vapers who vape in a douchey manner. I don't really care if you vape indoors, but when you're blowing it in people's faces or making it look like someone threw a smoke grenade in the room it's a bit of a problem.
>>
File: 1445563149871.png (145 KB, 463x227) Image search: [Google]
1445563149871.png
145 KB, 463x227
>>47500465
Shouldn't you be off writing an article for Gawker?
>>
As someone who works in a casino as a dealer and deals with smokers and vapers all day I can tell you right now vaping is about 100x times better then smoking.

It doesn't smell like ass
It doesn't linger on my clothes for years
It doesn't give me le secondhand smoke
And it doesn't PRODUCE FUCKING ASH THE PLAYERS SPRINKLE ALL OVER THE LAYOUT WHERE MY CARDS AND HANDS HAVE TO GO FUCK

Seriously, vapers are such an improvement I don't even mind if they blow their clouds everywhere. I'll call you old faithful.
>>
>>47498545

>all those vintage cards
>around all those incendiary devices
>not a damn sleeve to be found on the table

TRIGGERED.
>>
>>47495703
No, of course not. Don't be a fucking degenerate.
>>
>>47498545
>>47500765

What the fuck game are they even playing?
>>
Is it that obnoxious in US?
Here everyone vapes and there are no subcultures about this and no one cares.
Are americans just insecure as fuck?
>>
>>47501010
Speaking in generalities makes you look dumb as fuck, Anon.
>>
>>47501095
Everybody does that
>>
>>47501109
Not nearly so open and tactlessly.
>>
>>47501010

yes, Americans are just insecure, at least the millennials are, and Americans older than millennials don't understand why they don't just smoke cigarettes / think vapers are pussies.
>>
>>47495971

There are designated smoking areas on base. Imagine 4 dorm buildings arranged in a square or something with a courtyard in the middle with a bunch of picnic tables. One of those tables is the designated smoking area for all 400 residents there.

So when it's 30 degrees outside, 0200hrs, and you have to go down/up 2 flights of stairs just to smoke a cigarette, you get lazy with it. Dipping and vaping are popular because nobody gives a shit about doing it in the room.

But then again, I've been out for 4 years, they could have passed new regs banning them in rooms.
>>
File: 1357805622071.gif (1003 KB, 220x220) Image search: [Google]
1357805622071.gif
1003 KB, 220x220
>>47501109
>>
Of course I allow it. 3 of us vape, 2 are smokers, 1 is a pothead, everything goes.
We've got the windows open, too.
Some of our players even *gasp* drink beer at the table!
>>
>>47495903

mostly a meme, most of the people I know/work with who vape are alright about it. One guy has a flavour that smells awful though, which bugs me. I still wouldn't want it at my table, but I wouldn't insult you for vaping, except for making puns about it.
>>
>>47496146
>half literate
Considering you can't into punctuation?

Yeah.
>>
>>47495703
>mfw I use e-cig sometimes I need to smoke but can't but turn off the cloud
what now
>>
>>47499642
we literally buy pieces of molded plastic and books and pay hundreds of dollars to make them fight each other. when that is your hobby, you cant really give anyone shit about there hobby.
>>
>>47496385
>Getting the double team threat of both a nicotine high and an adrenaline high
>Helping you quit
>>
For the last few weeks I've allowed it but I recently put a ban on it. 5-6 of them are smokers. 3 are very chronic smokers. One is a broke as shit chronic smoker and I'm 95% positive he's there to mooch weed > play.
The others bring their own shit or they buy it from me.
The smoking has gotten way out of hand though and there's been a few sessions where they've gotten so fucking blitzed on herb/hash that they can't function on any part of the game.
Combat tactics are flat out gone.
Grasping what I just said is gone.
I'm sober and trying to explain shit to stoned people and repeat myself over and over again.
Stoner mooch has been banned from our playing sessions since last week.
One of the other players I don't expect him to show up anymore because he ends up knocking back three six packs in a 3-4 hour period. The seal breaks in around an hour or hour and a half and he's off to the bathroom every 15-20 minutes taking a 2 minute beer piss.
Then his in game judgement goes to shit because drunk him get's shitty drunk guy shitty with NPCs.
Think that one asshole at a bar that gets kicked out because he gets verbally combative with people. But his character's personality shifts from his character to drunk asshat. He's good when he's sober though.
Regardless I put a ban on heavy drinking at the table and he didn't show for last Thursday's game.
So I pretty much knocked the game back down to the original 4 players.
Although I have 2 prospects that have never played and I agreed to let them sit in and get started. They were pretty much met with reluctance at the local shitty game shop from the neckbeards there.
The other players are perfectly fine with new people as well.
>>
>>47495703
>Do I have druggie friends
No, god damn it no. Dropped the last friend I had who started using drugs years ago.
>>
>this fucking thread
I just want to make a few points that I'm sure everyone has made before:

>If you were a smoker, and you switch to vaping, the vapor is actually MORE unhealthy than smoking regular cigarettes in a volume proportionate to the amount vaped. It's the same reason you don't smoke an ice bong every day, the vapor accumulates excesses moisture in your lungs and that shit will fester/lead to respiratory illness.

>If you weren't a smoker, you're objectively a faggot for pretending to smoke some robot cock. Smoking isn't cool, it's a horrible life-ruining addiction. Vaping isn't cool, it's smoking for faggots.

>I have no problem with vaping personally, as long as it's done outdoors. I smoked for 6 years, and every time I see some fat cringey neckbeard in a "Y so serious?" shirt blow a giant cloud of "vapor" in the middle of a mall, I have an overwhelming urge to call them a faggot in public for making a giant display. At first they were neat because smoking was being pushed outdoors and smokers were treated as second class citizens. It represented freedom and the future, now it just represents try hard faggots who smoke clove cigarettes

>Any "Weed LMAO" posters are just degenerates. Do what you want, just be well informed, and most people who've posted in this thread about vaping thc/cbd really don't understand what they're talking about. It just gives recreational hobbiests a bad name, cut it out.

tl;dr No, go outside like a smoker if you smoke that shit. If you don't, you'll be politely asked to leave.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 29

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.