[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Parahumans Quest #1
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1
It is April 16th, 2011. It’s been three days since The Undersiders robbed a bank on the other side of town. Not your story. Not your problem. You’ve got better things to worry about than what some new gang is up to. You are:
A student, attending a fairly prestigious university in Brockton Bay.
A wageslave, working for a nondescript company, in a nondescript office, at a nondescript cubicle. A bum, living off the street.
Other?
>>
>>47494415
>A wageslave, working for a nondescript company, in a nondescript office, at a nondescript cubicle.
>>
>>47494605
Sorry, moved to qst. Just realized there was a board for these.
>>
>>47494725
yeah, or not. Turns out /qst/ is a ghost town, so i'll just be posting here.

>A wageslave, working for a nondescript company, in a nondescript office, at a nondescript cubicle.
I mean, it could be worse, after all. At least you’ve got a job, unlike those vagabonds you see in the alleyways and the scrapyards around town. You’ve got a decent amount of money saved up, and that promotion you just got is pretty nice. That being said, things are just...boring. You’re friendly with your coworkers, but you can’t exactly rely on them if you need help. They’ve got to look out for themselves, after all… Screw them, anyways. One of these days, with a little luck, you’ll be the one signing their paychecks. Speaking of which, what’s your name?
>>
>>47495654
>Joe Vanelli
You'll not escape me QM
>>
>>47495654
Joe Vanelli
I like it.
>>
>>47495654

Ryan Holt. We're stuck in a dead-end job, and it blowssssss.
>>
>>47495746

Wait, go with this instead. I'm >>47495760
>>
>>47495778
Very well
>>
It’s Thursday, and you’ve just got off of work. You clock out, and make your way to your car. Before you can make it out the door, however, you spot one of your coworkers, Eric, wave you over. He looks pretty worried, for him anyways. It’s probably nothing. You really don’t want to deal with him right now, just get home and maybe go to sleep; but outright ignoring him would be pretty rude.
>Go over to Eric
>Ignore him
>Other?
>>
>>47495982
>Go over to Eric
>>
>>47495982

>Go over to Eric

How well do we know Eric, anyway?
>>
>>47495982
>Go over to Eric
What is are our relations with this man?
>>
You go over to Eric. As far as your coworkers go, he isn’t too bad. The two of you hit it off fairly quickly, and a few Friday nights at the bar mutually bitching at each other about your respective workloads has endeared him to you.
“Hey, Eric. What’s up?”
“Joe! Just the man I wanted to see!” He replies, a little too quickly.
You’ve seen Eric in a lot of moods, but right now, up close, he looks panicked. Terrified, even.
“You look like you’ve seen a ghost, man. Is something wrong?”
“Yeah. Actually, that’s what I wanted to talk to you about. My, uh, my job is kind of on the line here, if we’re being honest. You know that big company that contracted us to finish up that mall downtown?”
Of course you know it. It’s all everyone’s been talking about these past two weeks. After a skirmish between two villains, the mall had to be refurbished. The owner apparently decided to modernize the whole thing, and somehow the company you work for got a contract. One of the biggest contracts they’ve ever had, actually.
“Yeah, I have. Something about it?”
“Yeah,” he replies. “I kind of lost the blueprints for the redesigned mall.”
Well, that explains why he’s so scared.
“How did you manage to lose that?” you ask, befuddled that he could forget where he put something so valuable.
“I don’t know! I was drinking a bit last night, and all I know where it might be is that I got in a scuffle outside Dudley’s. That must be where I lost the usb!”
>”Well you’d best go get it then, shouldn’t you?”
>”Wait, hold up. Why were you drunk on a wednesday?”
>”Why are you telling me this?”
>Other?
>>
>>47496393
>”Wait, hold up. Why were you drunk on a Wednesday?”
>>
“Wait, hold up. Why were you drunk on a wednesday?”
“His face recoils slightly. It looks like he didn’t mean for this to be getting out.
“It’s not that big a deal. Sometimes I just like to have a beer or two and relax.”
That sounds a lot like bullshit. If he just wanted to have a few beers, he probably wouldn’t have gotten in a fight, not to mention lose the blueprints.
>Press him on it
>Let it go
>Other?
>>
>>47496989
>Press him on it
If he wants our help then we must know the truth.
>>
Wow, I guess it's a slow night.
>Press him on it
“Cut the bullshit, man. If you want me to help you with this, be honest, alright?”
He visibly sags. “Alright, alright. You got me. The truth is, I wasn’t just getting drunk at Dudley’s. I was gambling, a bit. I put the blueprints up as collateral. And, well, I lost. Now I owe the house 2 grand, and I’m not getting the drive back until then.
“You’re not getting it back? But you need done by-
“By Monday, I know,” He interjects. “So now I need to raise two grand in four days, or get it back some other way.”
You think you’re beginning to understand why he’s telling you about this.
>”So, what? You were planning to just go in there and steal it back?”
>”How the hell do you just gamble away two thousand dollars?”
>”You know, we can probably pool our savings to come up with the money.”
>Other?
>>
>>47497324
>>”How the hell do you just gamble away two thousand dollars?”
>”So, what? You were planning to just go in there and steal it back?”
>>
>>47497574
Fuck off.

>>47497324
>>
>>47497574
I'll probably try it again there in a few months or so. I really want to do this quest, but today has been really hectic, regardless of the quest, and the quest has jumped boards twice...
Thanks for the info, anyway.
>>
I suppose I'll wait for a few minutes, and if nobody bites I'll try again some other time.
>>
>>47497324
>”How the hell do you just gamble away two thousand dollars?”

Shit, found this just before bedtime.
If you want to keep using the same thread and just want to make updates every couple of hours then quest on the new trial board. its not that bad just has a lot of haters. Stay on /tg/ if you want to run a quest for a few hours in one sitting.
>>
“How the hell do you gamble away 2 thousand dollars?”
“I don’t know, alright? I just got caught up in the game, and then the next thing I knew, I was two grand in the hole!”
“Look,” you say, “you sound a lot like you have a problem here. I get that. I’ll help you out this once. If we pool our savings we can probably come up with the money.”
“That might be a problem,” he says, looking guilty. “I may have spent all my savings yesterday. I have about $500 left.”
“So what, you want me to just lend you $1,500?”
“Please, Joe. This is my job we’re talking about here. You know I’ll make it up to you.”
>Give him the money.
>Don’t give him the money.
>Investigate this further.
>Other?
>>
>>47497324
>>”How the hell do you just gamble away two thousand dollars?”
>>”So, what? You were planning to just go in there and steal it back?”
>>
>>47497950
>Investigate this further
>>
>>47497950
>Don’t give him the money.
Lol fuck this loser. We didn't inherit hundreds of thousands of dollars from our parents just to give a bit away to some soon to be unemployed hobo.
>>
>>47497950
>>Investigate this further.
Shit, lend him the money if you have to but get it in writting first.
>>
>>47497950

>Investigate this further.

"Look, I can't just GIVE you the money. Let me talk to them. Maybe we can work something out. But you, man...You need to get help."
>>
>Investigate this further
“Look, I can’t just give you all that money. You’ve got a problem, man. Come on, let’s see if I can talk to them, maybe work something out.”
Eric looks close to tears. “If they won’t talk to me, I don’t see while they’ll talk to you.”
“One way or another, I’m looking into this. Either you come with me, or stay here and worry on your own.”
On the way to your car, you try and ask him about his gambling.
“I don’t know, man. I just like the risk. It just feels good, no matter if I win or lose. But then, when I do lose, I regret it all.”
“You need to get some serious help, man,” you reply. “I’m talking therapy, or, or something. Because before you know it, you’ll be in debt to the mob, or to the Empire, or something.”
>>
The ride to Dudley’s was quiet. You park on the other side of the street, and exit the car. Dudley’s looks the same as it always does. Like a piece of shit. It’s always had a sort of reputation as a hangout for small time gangs and thugs. Why Eric decided to lose his money here was beyond you. When you entered the bar, you and Eric are immediately spotted by one guy wearing a ratty old windbreaker.
“Hey you!”, he shouts, though more to be heard above the clamor of the bar than to make a point.
“You have our money yet?”
“No, he doesn’t,” you reply. I’m here to negotiate a few things.”
“What are you, his fucking lawyer? Whatever. He fucked up, now he needs to pay. No negotiating needed.”
>”Come on, surely you can’t lower his debt by a bit? Maybe he can pay it in installments?”
>”What else can we give you in exchange for the USB?”
>”Let’s just get a few drinks and discuss this calmly, alright?"
>Other?
>>
>>47498606
>>
>>47498606

Seems most reasonable.
>>

Just found this during a late night. It's a surprise to see a Worm-related Quest on /tg/ for me.
>>
>>47498606
Damnit, forgot to reply to this >>47501740
>>
>>47498606
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.