[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MtG is unbalanced
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: 213731.hq.jpg (179 KB, 480x680) Image search: [Google]
213731.hq.jpg
179 KB, 480x680
MtG is unbalanced
>>
>>47492693
What does that mean?
>>
>>47492705
It means that OP is bad at the game and thinks its the game's fault instead of his own.
>>
File: image.png (171 KB, 241x347) Image search: [Google]
image.png
171 KB, 241x347
>>47492693
>balanced
>>
File: image.jpg (41 KB, 200x285) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41 KB, 200x285
>>47492693
And before you say
>but anon they still get land advantage!
>>
>>47492693
Rare cards are better than commons in every single instance of the game, except for extremely few exceptions of old cards.
>>
>>47492693
amazing card but not broken in any way
>>
>>47492951
>shitty Wasteland
>>
>>47493024
Delver of Secrets and Gitaxian Probe isn't that old. Also Treasure Cruise was a common, though it is the "fixed" version of Ancestral Recall.

>except for extremely few exceptions of old cards.
Wrong. Brainstorm, Ponder, Lotus Petal, Dark Ritual, and Exhume off the top of my head. There's actually a lot of very strong commons in magic.
>>
How so?

What does balance even mean in MtG? No one expects every possible deck to be equal. It's a game based, in part, around building decks that better than your opponent's.

What would a "balanced" CCG look like?
>>
>>47493207
has a decent synergy with whatever it is that restricts library search
>>
>>47493551
Uno.
>>
>>47493598
Still luck based. Think slap jack
>>
>>47493598
is UNO really a ccg?
>>
>>47493482
Of of, like, 25,000 cards in magic there are 50 commons that are better than rates. So what?
>>
>>47493837
it's more like 15,000. And many of the commons are heads and shoulders above the majority of rares in power level. Brainstorm and Gush, Dark Ritual, and Lightning Bolt are prime examples, as well as Treasure Cruise
>>
>>47492693
Can we ban this thread type?
We've all seen it with this identical text and non-content, it's obviously mass shitposting by one or just a constant white noise for the shitposting collective to produce. There's nothing here.
>>
>>47493993
>bolt
>common
Wew lad
>>
>>47493207
Ah, but you can use it on yourself in a pinch to get mana fixing.
Tectonic Edge is a shitty wasteland
>>
>>47494111
Bolt has only been printed as an uncommon once, the most recent printing in 20 years.
>>
>>47493482
Do you happen to play pauper?
>>
>>47493795
Uh yes. Are you trying to tell me that you don't have a deck consisting of nothing but skip a turn cards?
>>
>>47493993
Remember when commons were good?
>>
This game is pure fucking Judaism.
>>
>>47495562
Here's what you get for creatures with cmc 6 along the rarity scale nowadays.
>common
6/4 no effects
>Uncommon
6/6 vigilance reach (skysnare spider)
>Rare
7/7 flash reach etb: 2 to each creature with flying and 2 to each player.
>Mythic
5/5 flying vigilance
Whenever Bruna, Light of Alabaster attacks or blocks, put every aura you control that's not in your deck onto her.
>>
>>47494111
http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Printings.aspx?multiverseid=397722
The card has been printed 11 times over the course of 23 years. All of these printings save the very most recent one were at common. In other words, you're either trolling or grossly ignorant about this topic.
>>
File: 1411093930283.png (271 KB, 500x374) Image search: [Google]
1411093930283.png
271 KB, 500x374
>>47495562
>decide to re-enter Magic
>go to LGS event to see what's going on
>see the weirdest fucking thing
>people are opening booster packs they receive as rewards, going straight to the rare, and throwing out their free commons
>puzzle over this for a while
>later on see a guy in the Eternal Masters comments happy that staples are rares
>ready to shit all over him
>remember that mythics exist
>oh shit, does he mean there are sets where deck staples are mythics?
>I refuse to believe that could exist
>it exists
>>
>>47493207
>Wasteland
>Shitty strip mine
>>
Mtg is like the lottery. Once you win once you always keep coming back. Example:
>First time buying boosters.
>Go to Walmart and buy 2 from zendikar, 1 from origins, and 2 from khans.
>Pull a wooded foothills expedition and a ugin planeswalker.
>1 year later I'm still buying a booster every Friday religiously.
>Still only play casual with friends.
>>
>>47492986
The artwork for that card is beautiful. MtG has amazing artists.
>>
>>47496812
That can back fire though and the reason I got out of Magic.

I have compulsive buying problems I bought 3 box's of modernmasters because the first box I god had alot of good value to it.

Then the horror set in as the highest value in the other two were a single eldazi each box a fifteen dollar angel.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.