[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there a /tg/ pastebin? I'm completely new and I don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: tumblr_n0lvha7o3H1siphdao1_1280.jpg (519 KB, 800x1248) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n0lvha7o3H1siphdao1_1280.jpg
519 KB, 800x1248
Is there a /tg/ pastebin? I'm completely new and I don't understand a single thing.
>>
>>47488820
Don't worry, most people who spent here years understand jack shit about traditional games as well.

1d4chan.org may clarify some things.
>>
>>47488840
Thanks anon.
>>
>>47488820
First I suggest you pick a game and find some folks to play with. Experience the hobby before you hear a bunch of people shit all over it on the internet.

And if you are trying RPG's there are other games than D&D, some of them might even be a better match for you. It's not a bad game, but it's far from the only game.
>>
I hope you plan to get into /tg/ related hobbies, and not just become part of this board for some reason.
>>
>>47489036
Well that's why I asked, because I want to get into this stuff

If I wanted to shitpost I wouldn't do anything or just go to /v/
>>
>>47489014
If you absolutely must try D&D, I'll probably get accused of baiting but go for 5th or 4th edition. They're kind of controversial due to being newer editions, but they're better for new players. 4E's closer to a turn-based strategy vidya so it might be good for easing in if they're used to those. Otherwise I'd say 5E over 4E since it's closer to most RPGs.
>>
>>47489014
>>47489101
Thanks anon. First I'll have to encourage my friends to play and that's the easiest part. Any tips for a beginner?
>>
>>47489112
I'd recommend you try playing online first. None of you guys should be GMing if you've never even played a game before.
>>
>>47489112
I can absolutely encourage Dungeon World, if you are looking for fantasy and story-telling above elaborate game-mechanics. It's not a popular thing to mention on /tg/, but it just clicks with my group and it's easy on beginners.

>>47489122
I disagree, but you do need to have some confidence in your skills to perform in a group, improvise, adapt to unforeseen, ect. And a circumstances. And a good grasp on the rules. So trying out isn't a bad idea, but trying it out with your friends might be more enjoyable to pop your RPG-cherry. Best situation is finding a IRL game-master you know.
>>
>>47488820

Is that suppose to be the Moonlight Great Sword being covered in Phantasms?
>>
>>47489171
It is easy for beginners, but it's pretty different to most other RPGs I've played. While it may be easy, that doesn't necessarily mean it's a good introduction.
>>
>>47489193
Looks like it.
>>
>>47489210
I suppose it depends on the type of games you want to play. My group started with a game on the opposite side of the spectrum: the black eye. It's a spend 2 hours on picking out your stats and roll 3D20 for every situation kind of game. That also wasn't great.

Like I said, Dungeon world is for people who prefer story-telling and improvisation above elaborate game-mechanics, but a lot of people enjoy those elaborate game-mechanics. It's up to OP to figure his shit out.
>>
>>47489193
Yeah.

>>47489171
I'll check it out, thanks. Unfortunately I don't know any GMs and RPGs aren't popular in my country, so I'll have to start online.
>>
>>47489210
It's a good middle ground between traditional roleplaying and storygames, and that means that new players get a little bit of both. It collapses in on itself pretty quick, but by the time it's done so, you should have a pretty good idea what it is that your group enjoys most.
>>
>>47489122
this is only true for turbo-autists

I've had normal newbies play aristocrats and rogues and it turned out great

just watch a podcast before to make sure you don't get anything completely wrong, and then go as you please
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.