[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Post-apocalyptic quest preperation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5
File: post-apoc-art.jpg (8 MB, 5333x3160) Image search: [Google]
post-apoc-art.jpg
8 MB, 5333x3160
Yo, I'll be running a quest soon don't know if i'll run it on /tg/ or /qst/ , anyway I though it could be fun to roll up the faction that will be the main focus in the quest as you explore the wasteland.
I will use a creation table that a friend of mine sent me in order to create our merry band of wastelanders

First roll: Genetic Make Up (1d100)
>>
Rolled 68 (1d100)

>>47485832
This sounds like fun. You better not disappoint us OP
>>
>>47485902
I will do my best to make you happy Anon

Half-Lives. Doomed to short lives, Half-Lives are always in need of breeding stock. Almost half don’t make it past youth, and any that do live absolutely no longer than 40. Riddled with obvious tumours and other disfigurements, they could pass for healthy if they covered up but the coughing is always going to give them away.

Ok, so we are half-lifes. Next roll!
Cultural Meta-Group (1d100)
>>
Rolled 69 (1d100)

>>47485919
>>
>>47485950
Settlers. The only “normal” people left. Generally just trying to make it through their daily lives without too many violent intrusions. Have built the most since the apocalypse, and generally behave the most like people from the old world. Don’t mistake civilization for civility or peacefulness though. Many are just as cold and merciless as raiders, as they have to be to survive these days.

Ok sweet, settlers!

Leadership (1d100)

>>47485954
I will migrate when the rolls are done
>>
Rolled 100 (1d100)

>>47485989
>>
could you scan the chart afterwards, please?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (160 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
160 KB, 1920x1080
>>47486024
The group almost never actually makes decisions as a whole, but instead are unified simply by a culture and place of habitation. While they may band together and act as a cohesive unit in times of need, they often don’t last long in the wastes. Either lost to infighting, lack of unified strength, or simply drifted apart for various reasons.

Oh, this opens up some fun things to do in the quest. I think it mainly will be to try and establish a leadership of somekind

Cultural Quirks (2d100)

>>47486052
It's in a pastebin. Here I'll link it
>http://pastebin.com/nQczsrCU
>>
Rolled 62 (1d100)

>>47486058
>>
>>47486120
Ok, I'll guess we will do one at a time?
Anyway, the result we got was:
Distinctive Icon. A motif or symbol runs throughout the groups structures, clothes, and vehicles. Maybe it’s a specific animal or object, or maybe it’s something less specific like bullets or flames.

Ok, one more d100 then
>>
Rolled 98 (1d100)

>>47486130
>>
Rolled 16 (1d100)

>>47486058
>rollan boss
>>
>>47486130
>>47486156
Intellectuals. In a world that constantly demands 100% effort just to stay alive, it’s very rare to see a group even partially dedicated to mental pursuits, but here one is. Usually considered too brainy by other groups, these fellows spend their off time reading salvaged books and maybe even doing a little science/inventing/archaeology. Hold themselves to a higher standard of intelligence/knowledge than others.

Ok, so intellectual anarchists, that's an odd combo

Next roll:
Distinctive Appearance (2 or 3 Rolls, if you like, all d100's by the way)
>>
Rolled 70, 58 = 128 (2d100)

>>47486176
>>
>>47486234
ok so we got:
Gas Masks. Never seen without their masks, they might have a single distinctive style or just whatever they find. In either case, it certainly makes for an imposing appearance in most situations. Maybe they only do it for that intimidation factor, maybe it’s because they live in a particularly nasty patch.

and

Uniforms. Standardized appearance across the group and it’s leadership. Makes your group seem more cohesive, but can be hard to maintain.

Pretty good rolls. Do you guys want 1 more roll on the appearance table?
>>
>>47486281
I say we move on. I like the idea of uniformed gas mask wearing people
>>
>>47486380
Ok, moving on then!

Unique/Exclusive Resource (1d100)
>>
Rolled 19 (1d100)

>>47486407
Hoping for something good
>>
>>47486463
Guzzolene. Black gold. Everyone needs it, and it isn’t too rare to come by but not too many have the means to refine it. This group does, and it can be extremely lucrative.

We struck gold with that roll I guess

Equipment Quality (1d100)
>>
Rolled 44 (1d100)

>>47486485
>>
>>47486676
Well-crafted. Just because it was made in the post apocalypse, doesn’t mean it isn’t good. Well made armor, guns are machined with actual technique and thought, and houses/clothes are a little more respectably made.

Sorry for the delay, anyway next roll is:

Motor-Pool General Make Up (1d100)
>>
Rolled 96 (1d100)

>>47487179
>>
>>47487384
Mega-vehicle. Is it a train/boat on wheels? An enormous mining dumptruck? Three tractor trailers welded together? Whatever it is, it’s all your group needs. A vehicle that’s easily the size of an entire fleet of smaller cars.
Flagship vehicles are rolled into this, and roll again on this table for what the handful of other vehicles are that the group has are.

Ok roll again on this table.
>>
Rolled 20 (1d100)

>>47487469

OP, keep in mind that /tg/ has a better pool of players, and the mods actively delete posts complaining about quests on /tg/.
>>
>>47487551
I will keep that in mind-

Anyway, along with out mega vehicle we have a handfull of custom made vehicle
Either customized to unrecognizable extents or built from the ground up, these cars and trucks don’t fit into any pre-war category. Generally prone to mechanical problems and ramshackle stylings, but common and easily repaired.

Special Vehicle Shit (2d100)
>>
>>47487551
>>47485832

Contrariwise OP, we need new blood in /qst/ and would appreciate a good quest there.
>>
Rolled 100, 38 = 138 (2d100)

>>47487580
>>
>>47487725
Ok so got:
Black on Black. Your come in any colour so long as it’s black. Stealthier at night, and more intimidating during the day. The black paint also seemingly correlates with higher skill among drivers. Re Choose to re-roll this or Shiny and Chrome if you get both.

and

Spikey. Cars are covered in spikes. Pretty simple really. Good for keeping people off your hood and exploding ordnance before it hits the main body of the car. Actual functional version of the same thing in the appearance section.
>>
>>47487551
Mods delete metathreads period.

They literally made an entire board for quests, post quests on it, everyone there wants quests posted there.
>>
>>47487732
Ok, our last roll is for out flagship vehicle (1d100)
>>
Rolled 81 (1d100)

>>47487763
>>
>>47487804
Legendary Car. It’s not a giant warmachine, or even all that impressive compared to some other things, but it’s the perfect blend of fast, tough, and reliable. This car is everything anyone could ever want and it’s certainly made a name for itself. When a group rolls up with this thing, people know who they are. Takes the form of whatever your generic type of vehicle is.

Ok, that is all for the table. Now I could use some help with ideas on how this society/faction work and operate, and to why they have all of their neat stuff
>>
>>47487816
The excess of gasoline in their native region allows for fucking megavehicles?
Chanced upon an old stockpile of military gas masks and uniforms, these also help disguise their disfigured bodies and coughs?
>>
>>47487816

Well, to summarize their traits:
>Half-Life
>Settlers
>Leaderless
>Distinctive Icon
>Intellectuals
>Gas Masks
>Uniforms
And they possess
>Guzzolene
>Well-crafted armor/guns/houses/clothes
>Mega-vehicle
>Handful of custom-made vehicles
>All vehicles are black and spikey
>A single legendary car

My first idea is that they were scientists, either before the apocalypse or during the apocalypse - this gave them access to a large vehicle, their fuel resources, and well-crafted items, along with a place to settle. And cool matching uniforms. Some type of experiment, or the harsh conditions of the apocalypse, spread a disease across them or mutated them. This reduced their lifespan, giving them tumors/disfigurements/coughs, and necessitated the use of gas masks; it also detached them from their leadership or killed any obvious leaders. Differences in opinions on how to proceed led to turf wars.

Due to poor health, they rarely fight directly, being more prone to hit-and-run tactics. Some members believe that if they keep on researching the world and other factions, they may be able to bring humanity back to its former state, or find a cure to their mutation. Others are more concerned about guarding the remnants of their research and homes, seeing it as the last outpost of humankind remaining, and try to hide it away from the other factions. This gives them a reputation not unlike Men in Black or extraterrestrial abductors among other groups; shady, featureless people with cool toys who keep out of the public eye, only coming out of the shadows to perform (occasionally horrifying, mostly just weird) experiments, or keep people from getting to close.

All just ideas, of course. OP can take whichever works, if any.
>>
>>47488009
>>47488076
Keep up the brainstorming, im making the first piece of the map at the moment
>>
File: Apocalypse map.png (76 KB, 474x449) Image search: [Google]
Apocalypse map.png
76 KB, 474x449
>>47488143
Here is the map, starting small and an oil well/refinery inside the border/territory
>>
>>47488143

Their vehicles are a pretty interesting point.

From their intellectualism, and fuel resources, I can see them gluing the custom vehicles together into pretty alien forms; or with really weird-looking weapons; but then again, I don't know how high OP wants to make the setting's tech levels. They might be optimized for collecting resources quickly and bringing them back to the "main" vehicle.

But that doesn't explain why they'd be DARK and EDGY. Darkness I could see as a way to be stealthy and avoid pulling attention from healthier factions when possible - but I can't explain the spikes. A deterrent against foes? A way to break through barricades? Drills to gather fuel? Useful coathangers?

Part of me says that the uniform/mask/symbol/darkness combo should make them go into full-out Naziesque scientists, but their leadership style doesn't exactly match that. Also, this is just the /co/ media I've been guzzling recently, but the combo of Black on Black, Symbol, and highly-customized Legendary Car suggests The Batmobile.
>>
What should our mega vehicle be?
>>
Ok guys, the quest is up
>>>/qst/195346
>>
>>47488392
I'm thinking that they're smart enough to understand psychological warfare, and thus wear all black in order to appear tougher
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.