[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's nice to see a minor Chapter featured in the Games Workshop
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
It's nice to see a minor Chapter featured in the Games Workshop store.
>>
>>47484777
It is. Not the minor chapter I myself want, and the fact that they're an Ultramarines successor, but still, I must say they have a lovely color scheme.
>>
>>47484790
Aurora Chapter are pretty cool for an Ultramarines successor, though. Space Marines using armoured warfare is awesome
>>
Aurora Chapter does have a pretty decent color scheme

I'm really like the gold accents as part of that Slaanesh color scheme too.
>>
File: mBezLwN.jpg (119 KB, 848x350) Image search: [Google]
mBezLwN.jpg
119 KB, 848x350
>Buy 40+ Seekers of Slaanesh
>Most are on round bases because they were proxies as Fiends
>Many others were on the old small rectangular base
>Who cares, they are super-cheap, and from all generations including Diaz
>Buy, exchange and recycle so i finally have the bike bases on all of them
>GW replace the bases with the oval ones suddenly after
>mfw
How is people suppose to transport and field Seekers with that base?
It's cool and all, but those are 12 points each, you can't honestly deploy how many you need on the field.
Also, i already have two Feldherr medium just for the freaking Seekers are they are, and they are like 600 points on the field.

Bringing Slaanesh is already a freaking nightmare with the Chariots.
An entire bags for 150 points or so.

>inb4 nobody cares but i needed to say it anyway
>>
>32mm bases in a box of 60
>25mm can't have the same deal
>had to be stuffed with 40mm bases

Thanks, GW, didn't want urban bases on my Guard anyway.
>>
>>47485123
"Ehi boss, we should make bases for IG players"
"You are right! Give them the 25mm and bases, but pack them with the 40mm bases. Every IG players should have plenty of Bullgryns right now. That was one of the best and most anticipated kits we have done for IG"
"Well..."
"Shush now, go do your job"
>>
>>47485245

The Ogryn kit is a pretty awesome one. It has lot of extra parts and options.

The problem is the rules are so bad it destroyed sales.
>>
>>47485123
So you aren't using heavy weapons teams then?

Pretty sure if you give it a week you can buy what you need on ebay anyway.
>>
>>47485421
>So you aren't using heavy weapons teams then?

HW teams use 60mm bases, genius.

Only IG models on a 40mm bases are ogryns. And with only 20 bases per set, after I put all my guardsmen on 25mm bases, I'll be drowning in the 40mm ones.

>Pretty sure if you give it a week you can buy what you need on ebay anyway.

For way more per base. Meanwhile Marines get to base all their dudes for 33p per.
>>
>>47484923

How does Aurora color scheme differ from Salamanders?
>>
>>47485405
their main problem is getting changed to take up an extra transport slot apiece

Five in a chim with a commissar or priest could get work done. Now you can only fit three, or four without a support character. I don't even know why they felt like nerfing ogryn, of all things.
>>
>>47485530
White skin instead of black
>>
>>47485468
>HW teams use 60mm bases, genius.
right my bad.

>>47485468
>For way more per base.
That's the beauty of ebay. You never know.
>Meanwhile Marines get to base all their dudes for 33p per.
It is indeed a surprisingly good deal. Not just for GW, but for premade bases in general. Honestly didn't expect to be so pleasantly surprised by GW anymore.
Maybe they'll realize the demand and repackage the models though.
>>
>>47485561

That's what I figured after I looked into them more,
and green pauldrons with black trim, instead of black with green trim.

I already have a large-ish army of Salamaders, but I am liking these Aurora guys better,

not gonna switch over though.
>>
>>47485530
I think the Aurora green is lighter compared to the Salamanders green. Also, Salamanders have black shoulder pads with green trim while Aurora have green pads with black trim. I also think Salamanders have black guns while Aurora has red, but that could just be the old minis from the age of "red bolters, red bolters everywhere."
>>
>>47485563
>That's the beauty of ebay. You never know.

When you factor in S&H for each individual deal you come across, I highly doubt you'll get the bases any cheaper than in the box. Sucks.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.