[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/swg/ - Father of Porkins Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 58
File: PorkinsDad.jpg (78 KB, 350x280) Image search: [Google]
PorkinsDad.jpg
78 KB, 350x280
Post about X-Wing, Armada, FFG's Star Wars RPGs, d6, d20 (Saga), movies, shows, books, comics, vidya, lego, lore and everything else Star Wars related.

Previous Thread: >>47417121

Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>http://pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>http://pastebin.com/wCRBdus6

Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault and the Star Wars LCG)
>http://pastebin.com/ZkpXpbJ1

Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>http://www.mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>http://pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>http://pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>https://mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>http://img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png

Writefaggotry
>http://pastebin.com/cJY5FK9T

Shipfag's hangar
>https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing
>>
>>47483499
>With Hull Upgrade on Blue I've got a point to spare, do you think I should keep it in case of initiative or up to a shield for a little less vulnerability to criticals?
You should really put Integrated Astromech on Blue. Better against crits than Hull, and free. Then you ~5 points to play with.
>>
File: Justice For Greedo.jpg (121 KB, 1000x1153) Image search: [Google]
Justice For Greedo.jpg
121 KB, 1000x1153
>>47483836
>Should I let them decide on how to get in and tailor it to their chosen method? Or should I work more on fleshing out alternate routes in and out?

Let them figure out how to get in and just design your base.

Basically- let them scout it out, do some knowledge checks and sort of have it as successes-advantages
X amount of successes or some advantage lets them know something which is potentially going to make it easier
X amount of failure or disads is going to yield nothing (wing it!) or find open up a whole shitload of problems like an extra squad, change of patrols or an ATST/heavy weapon hidden somewhere they didn't see.
>>
>>47483836
The real meat of Rescue on Glare Peak is an adventure about rescuing a person from an Imperial prison. There's also a timing mechanic based around Vader coming to interrogate the prisoner. I'd recommend checking that out for at least some ideas on a few ways of how the base could be designed or how the players could try to get through it.
>>
>>47484392
Different person entirely here, but it might also be worth bumping Dagger to Nera and getting Extra Munitions for one of the torp slots. Just because being able to driveby your torps without having to worry about arc is pretty fun
>>
>>47484585
Thank you. That helps frame it for me better.
>>
File: 1464286530791.png (179 KB, 500x196) Image search: [Google]
1464286530791.png
179 KB, 500x196
Hey ship, just a re-request of a souped up Crucible when you have the time. My though is Hondo started working on it after florim, started making it faster and better, but feel on tough times and had to sell it, and its been getting worked on as it passes hands till finally it winds up at a collectors garage.
>>
File: 0000 The Gunstar.jpg (34 KB, 736x408) Image search: [Google]
0000 The Gunstar.jpg
34 KB, 736x408
so,

i just watched the old copy-cat movie, The Last Starfighter

what would a Gunstar be like in X-wing?
>turret primary weapon?
>some kind of natural double tap?
>crew slot....and?

would the deathblossom be an upgrade munition?

i guess we'd only have 1 named pilot card too, the rest being those tentacle heads. and other p;oor saps.

Grik would be a crew card, amirite? one with insane morale?
>>
Has anyone played X-Wing on Tabletop Simulator? Is it any good? What about Rebellion or Armada?
>>
>>47489119
the module for x-wing has slowly been getting better but vassal is still the king
>>
>>47488471
Deathblossem would be equipped by title, and allow you to make an attack to every ship inside range.
The turn after activation, the ship will stay stationary and won't be able to attack.
>>
How is the Beyond the Rim adventure book?
>>
>>47490703
I've only done the start of it so far. Its my first experience GMing. Its fun enough. But a bit dry but my friends enjoyed it so far. Pretty on the rails though because it IS an adventure book
>>
>adventure book
>>
Was out of town, visited a large FLGS, and picked up the Slave 1, a TIE Phantom and a TIE Bomber. Also eyed the TIE Punisher a bit, which looked like a fucking beast of a ship. How does it hold up in teh game though? Seemed more or less like a regular Bomber but some more beefiness and more ordnance.
>>
>>47492777
The Punisher is pretty much a fatter Bomber, with no EPT on it's top end pilots (similar to the K-Wing). It has a Boost instead of a Roll, but 1-agility makes for a poor vessel to put Autothrusters on. With Guidance Chip, it becomes a lot nastier, and is recommended unless you're going pure Bomber.

Otherwise, Bombers are the cheaper option.
>>
>>47492777
The generics are a little too pricey for ordnance carriers, but Deathrain and Redline are fucking baller. Deathrain is a highly mobile dropper of bombs, Redline made ordnance good before guidance chips and is even better now.
>>
>>47492882
>>47492970
Thanks for your input. It does look fucking slick though. Like something you'd use to ram other ships with.
>>
>>47493084
Ramming is for people with no class.
Baseball-pitching mines in front of you while barrel rolling out of the way is much more stylish.
>>
>>47493199
Obviously. I am merely remarking on the "DO YOU EVEN LIFT, BRO?" thickness of the ship. Like damn.
>>
How often do you let your players have encounters with capital ships? Could be them trying to dog fight in snubs while the ships go at it or them taking them down/providing a distraction for other elements or going straight capital ship to capital ship
>>
>>47492970
>>47493084
One of the other things about the Tie Punisher is that is has 3 shields and a System slot.
>>
>>47493601
Redline with FCS is disgusting. Double locks all the time, even on each cluster missile shot.

For Deathrain I'm on the fence between enhanced scopes for the PS0 mine dropping or advanced sensors for the pre-maneuver shenanigans.
>>
File: mercury_freddie.jpg (581 KB, 1228x1818) Image search: [Google]
mercury_freddie.jpg
581 KB, 1228x1818
>>47492882

>fat bomber girls, they'll be flying today
>>
File: 1.jpg (613 KB, 1456x2592) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
613 KB, 1456x2592
If I wanted to play a star wars tabletop game with the EXACT rules as KOTOR 2 are there any resources you guys could recommend (pic unrelated)
>>
>>47495224
that sounds awful
>>
>>47495224
How would you simulate the bugs?
>>
>>47495315
or the bad writing
>>
>>47495224
There are none with the exact rules used by KotOR2.

KotOR1 on the other hand uses a variation on WotC's Star Wars d20 RPG (NOT Saga Edition, I'm talking about the first edition of their Star Wars RPG that was pretty much a straight port of D&D 3.x).
>>
>>47495224
You could use Star Wars d20 or saga edition
>>
File: PureSex.jpg (13 KB, 562x210) Image search: [Google]
PureSex.jpg
13 KB, 562x210
>>47487705
>Hondo
>working

Um....
>>
File: Moffship.png (101 KB, 826x527) Image search: [Google]
Moffship.png
101 KB, 826x527
Moffship for Armada when?
>>
>>47495224
The original d20 Star Wars system.

SAGA is better imo, and probably one of the best d20 games out there for what that's worth.
>>
>>47495422
My main concern is the skills I honestly love kotors skill system less skills the better and six is a perfect amount
>>
>>47495587
Not saying him personally, or hell even if him personally he quickly gave up and sold/bartered/lost it.
>>
>>47493577
Guess nobody does
>>
>>47493577
Pretty much every campaign involves an encounter with at least one capital ship at some point--customs ships, Star Destroyers, and Interdictors are every space GM's bread and butter.
>>
What do you think of this list, I'm deciding on what I should bring to Regionals.

Howlrunner (Adaptability, Stealth Device)
Epsilon Leader
4x Epsilon Squad

Is it viable to run a TIE/FO swarm?
>>
>>47497888
I'm going to let you in on a little home truth about X-Wing, a truth known only to a few seasoned veterans:
>A good pilot can win with a terrible list, a bad pilot can lose with an optimized list. It all depends on your ability as a pilot.
>>
>>47497888
For the same price as an Epsilon, you could have a Black w/ crack shot. Not much of a contest, imo.
>>
Was Rhys Dallows just lucky?
>>
>>47498740
Man, I haven't thought about the original starfighter game in forever.

I've always thought Rhys was like Wedge in that he was just a damn good pilot who had the skill and showed up during a time of conflict big enough to use it.
>>
>>47498740
Some call it luck, others call it gitting gud at the game.
>>
>>47495371
biodrone?
>>
>>47493671
It's all about them advanced sensors. PS6 is actually really good for him, it lets you piss on swarms with AoE mines and on aces with conner nets.
>>
>>47500332
wut
>>
>>47497888
I think I would rather use the specialty FO pilots, for one less ship you get a hell of a wallop from the likes of the Omega pilots and Zeta Leader
>>
so I'm playing a Cathar 400ish years after the attempted Mando genocide of their species for the defeat of the Mandos during the Exar Kun war. I'm probably gonna have him hate Mandos offhand for obvious reasons but I'm wondering how often the Mando Genocide of the Cathar and their brutality towards other species during their little warpaths comes up. It's been way too long since the the events of Kotor 1 for anyone who participated in the Massacre to survive...without force shenanigans, youth drugs, or body swapping via technology. Aside from Mandos is there anyone else he should be prejudiced against? The republic is one target for not intervening during the Mandos warpath earlier but I figure they might be helping Cathars resettle. Jedi are another group that he could have an interesting interaction with considering Revan's complicated relationship with the force.
>>
I've got X-Wing Regionals in two weeks, and I want some of those sweet, sweet white dice. What should I run? Right now I'm thinking some kind of modified Wolfpack list like this:

Contracted Scout (x2) @ 33 points each
Extra Munitions, Proton Torpedoes, Overclocked R4, Deadeye, Guidance Chips.

Guri @ 33 points
Vet Instincts, Autothrusters

The lack of a Scum version of Soontir or Poe is really stinging here. I'd rather not use a Starviper as my 'ace' but I'm not sure ... what's another ~33 point Scum ace? Kavil with Unhinged and Dorsal Turret?
>>
>>47503603
I think there's a couple ways to spend those last 30-ish points. Personally, I'd give one boat plasmas and the other agromech and boba for that sweet upgrade removal. Net increase of 1 point, leaving you 32.

32 points could be 2 feedback Zs and feedback for your boats, one of the best answers to aces out there. 32 points is a Slaver w/ 4-LOM, Zuckuss, and Greedo. Zuckuss w/ VI, Mist Hunter, FCS. Palob or Mux with TLT, Zuckuss, and possibly Wired. Another jumpmaster with adaptability, Intel Agent, feedback, and anti pursuit. Manaroo with a similar set up.

You've got a lot of options.
>>
While we're talking regionals, mine is this Saturday. I've got it narrowed down to 4 lists. Yeah, I've got problems.

TIE Interceptor: · Carnor Jax (26)
Push The Limit (3)
Autothrusters (2)
Lambda-Class Shuttle: Omicron Group Pilot (21)
· Darth Vader (3)
TIE Fighter: Black Squadron Pilot (14)
Crack Shot (1)
Crack Shot (1)
Crack Shot (1)
-- TOTAL ------- 100/100p. --

Firespray-31: · Boba Fett (39)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Engine Upgrade (4)
Tactician (2)
Glitterstim (2)
JumpMaster 5000: · Dengar (33)
· Lone Wolf (2)
Tactician (2)
· Punishing One (12)
Glitterstim (2)
Overclocked R4 (1)

YT-2400: · Dash Rendar (36)
Push The Limit (3)
Heavy Laser Cannon (7)
Engine Upgrade (4)
· Kanan Jarrus (3)
· Outrider (5)
VCX-100: · "Chopper" (37)
Autoblaster Turret (2)
Fire Control System (2)
· Hera Syndulla (1)

VT-49 Decimator: · Captain Oicunn (42)
Gunner (5)
· Darth Vader (3)
TIE Avanced Prototype: Baron of the Empire (19)
Crack Shot (1)
Concussion Missiles (4)
Guidance Chips (0)
TIE/v1 (1)
TIE Avanced Prototype: Baron of the Empire (19)
Crack Shot (1)
Concussion Missiles (4)
Guidance Chips (0)
TIE/v1 (1)
>>
>>47504288
I'm a big fan of Crack Shot swarms, so I like the first list.
>>
Just looking for feedback on this list. Im .500 with it, but tue losses came down to bad case of fickle green dice
TIE Avanced Prototype: · The Inquisitor (25)
Juke (2)
Autothrusters (2)
TIE/v1 (1)
TIE Avanced Prototype: · Valen Rudor (22)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Autothrusters (2)
TIE/v1 (1)
TIE Defender: · Colonel Vessery (35)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Heavy Laser Cannon (7)
Twin Ion Engine Mk. II (1)
>>
>>47504590
I would swap Rudor for Omega Leader w/ Juke and Comm Relay and drop Mk2 to give the Inquisitor push the limit. PtL lets the Inquisitor token stack to help avoid getting diced, omega leader is the best 1v1 ship ever, and Vessery does his thing. Maybe swap VI for crack shot so Vessery can just Vessery harder.
>>
>>47503603
Put Blaster on Kavil and put on an agromech.
Blaster deals more than Dorsal and agro gives the target lock reroll
>>
>>47504881
I got vi on vessery so that he could do his thing at ps8 with the rest. It would be pretty nasty combined with omega
>>
Escalation tourney coming up soon. Need some feed back for my list

ROUND 1
Cobra (28)
Glitterstim (2)
Kavil (24)
Blaster Turret (4)
Agromech (2)

ROUND 2
Serrisu (20)
Bodyguard
[Kavil] Veteran Instincs (2)

ROUND 3
Nirdu (17)
Cluster Missles (4)
Gliterstim (2)
Lone Wolf (2)

ROUND 4
Latts Razi (33)
Weapons engineer (3)
K4 Security Droid (3)

I think that's a good combination of alpha strike and support
>>
How awful is this list?

Boba Fett (45)
-Predator
-Dengar
N'dru Suhlak (25)
-Guidance Chip
-Lone Wolf
-Cluster Missile
-Glitterstim
Contracted Scout (30)
-Guidance Chip
-Extra Munitions
-Plasma Torpedoes

Totally stole that Suhlak build from a previous thread, thanks to the anon who came up with it.
>>
>>47506059

Does Boba Fett REALLY need Predator AND Dengar? Replace Pred with VI, not sure what to spend the extra two points on though.
Deadeye and an Overlocked on the scout? I don't see people using Overclocked R4 on their scouts and I don't really understand why, yeah Agromechs are better, but the green on the Jumpmaster isn't that bad unlike the Y-Wings.
>>
File: Jedi.jpg (111 KB, 400x667) Image search: [Google]
Jedi.jpg
111 KB, 400x667
How diffrerently should I handle a check/attack with failure versus one with no failure or success (advantages and threats aside)?
Can you only use advantages on an attack roll (for recovering strain and the like) if the attack hits?
>>
>>47507336
if it fails you straight up miss and if success and failure cancels out then they some how defended against it. Last minute sidestep, a parry w.e.

thats how I handle the basic result
>>
>>47507336
Mechanically, there's no difference between a shit load of failures or it evenly cancelling out to having no failures or success; in either case it's still just a failure.

Advantages can still be used even if you fail. You just won't be able to crit or activate an item quality that requires a hit.
>>
>>47505743
I wouldn't go down on points for that long. Only thing I think you can live without is Serissu.

Latts + N'dru
Talonbane
Kavil
Palob or Mux

Throw in upgrades as needed, should be good.
>>
>>47506059
You might be trying to do a little too much. You could drop Boba down to adaptability, 4-LOM, glitterstim for 42 and give the about agromech and deadeye.
>>
What is a good case for just large ships? Right now I got a plastic ammo can and use the plastic the ships came in after trimming it up some but I ran out of room for any more ships
>>
File: Screenshot_20160529-212929.png (282 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160529-212929.png
282 KB, 1080x1920
R8 my list for when imp aces comes out
>>
>>47509107
Those Glaive Pilots are begging you for juke
>>
>>47502502
Cathar was not part of the Republic, so the Republic had no obligation and little reason to protect them from the mandos (which is one of the reasons they were attacked). While that's a plausible reason for a cathar to hate the republic, it isn't an entirely rational one.

Any justification for hating the jedi for their lack of intervention is about the same, if not slightly weaker simply because the jedi acted against the mandalorians before the republic did.

Something you should probably hash out with your GM is exactly what happened to the cathar and their homeworld after the mandalorian wars. It was eventually resettled and rebuilt and joined the republic, and the specifics of that could be very relevant.
>>
Any advice on this?
First attempt at building a list, and I'm trying to use just what I've got.
https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Rebel%20Alliance&d=v4!s!29:18,72:7:15:U.134;86:18,72:7:15:U.11;88:27,-1,23,-1,-1:-1:11:U.74&sn=Unnamed%20Squadron
>>
New gm and i just finished the beginner box and extra addon adventure for force and destiny. The group all has lightsabers and one is using the sword from the first adventure but im noticing them just breezing through everything with ease and its not making for a very challenging game. Is there a way to ramp up the difficulty a little so its more rewarding when they get their loot and experience?
>>
>>47509698
Give Tycho expert handling over Jake. Jake hates extra stress and can roll anyway. Give Jake Vet Instincts and spring for a proton rocket if points allow.

Keyan with Kyle and Stay on Target could be fun.
>>
>>47510652
>Keyan with Kyle and Stay on Target could be fun.

Not really? Keyan doesn't have much use for Focus tokens. I mean, it MIGHT come up on your one dodge dice, but it's not really worth the points cost.
Stay on Target and Ezra or an Intelligence Agent works better.
>>
>>47510652
Well, I'm sitting at exactly 100 right now.
Swapping Expert Handling for a VI puts me at 99. A procket would put me at 104.
Should I keep or ditch the HLC?
Don't have Stay on Target.
>>
>>47509698
I saw your list and made it better, I think. thoughts from the gallery?

https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Rebel%20Alliance&d=v4!s!29:18,72:7:15:U.11;86:18,73:7:15:U.27;88:96,-1,22,-1,-1:-1:11:U.40&sn=Unnamed%20Squadron
>>
>>47498707
so why the tournament winner since like 2013, only have "good" list ? yeah because at equal skill the good list beat the bad list.

Going with a bad list to a tournament is just irrational.
>>
>>47509220
why would you put juke on a ship that can't use it ?
>>
Taking a look through the core book, are there any difficutly terrain style things? Like if my players are trying to cross some large chunks of rubble, should I have them make a roll of some kind not to faceplant or take strain to do so?
>>
>>47509661
He's kind of a drunken Slav so he doesn't have much reason to be reasonable about his hatreds. Still I'd imagine the republic is helping with the resettling and the Jedi did step in before the republic and they're notorious dogooders so he doesn't have much reason to hate either.

I imagine his homeworld is being resettled and he's the product of a refugee culture who wants to get his family back onto the homeworld so he does legbreaker work.

hmm, kinda don't want him to work for huts as that's the go to group. Probably hates trandoshans because they're savage assholes in their native culture. Any other cultures deep in slave trading and slaughter?
>>
>>47511573
Twi'leki are huge into them and at one point attempted genocide.
>>
>>47511771
well one of my party members is a former twilek slave so that could be a complex relationship.
>>
>>47511338
X7 title gives you a free evade token when you do a speed 3 or more move.
>>
>>47511771
>genocide
citation needed famalam
>>
>>47511829
Oola had a half sister and wanted to enslave and exterminate humans >>47511789
Former how? What are the situations of escape, because if you work for hutts it could spook em.
>>
>>47511956
eh, one genocidal twi'lek does not a racial tendency towards killing and skinning people make.

anyways they got some help escaping and had a chance to free the other slaves. I'm unsure if they killed their old master but the other slaves bullied her and made her miserable (she was a jedi youngling who got kidnapped during a field trip and has been enslaved for like 10-15 years) so she left them to be enslaved.
>>
>>47512055
What specialty are they? If they're a warrior or guardian you'll have a tough fight.
>>
>>47512103
I think they're a counselor and I don't intend to fight them anyway. They're the only mechanic we have on hand and I'm pretty sure they're our only pilot so we'll need them for when we get our ship.
>>
>>47512151
>>47512103
oh and I'm a Hired Gun with Marauder and Assassin.
>>
>>47512151
>only mechanic
>only pilot
>jedi

What kind of weapon do they use? Some jedi are nasty with heavy guns
>>
>>47512541
a bowcaster, and we're getting a couple other players anyways so those slots will probably get filled later anyway.
>>
>>47512655
Oh God a bowcaster, how did they manage that?
>>
>>47512749
spending starting XP on money. I'm not worried I've played with them. They're a showboater but they'll relax when they're asked to.
>>
>>47512791
Showboater how?
>>
>>47513188
as in they like to do awesome stuff and build characters for it and put more planning into it than other people do.
>>
Anyone here experienced with the RPG'S?

The beginner boxes look neat and a really easily accessible way to get your normal friends to play a rpg (my plan). How is it once you get into the actual campaign books? Are they pre-made adventures like D&D and The One Ring, etc. or does the GM have to create everything?

I ask because this will be my first experience as a GM, and as far as story goes, I'd like my hand held.
>>
>>47513265
I wish I had players that did that.
>>
>>47513363
the beginner boxes come with a pre-gen adventure, but there are also several stand-alone adventure books you can buy (or grab from the pastebin) that are considerably longer and more detailed

the career books also have some further ideas for specific encounters
>>
>>47513532
>>>47513363 (You)
>the beginner boxes come with a pre-gen adventure

Yep looking forward to that.

>the career books also have some further ideas for specific encounters
>ideas

So you have to make up the story and encounters?
>>
>>47513568
that's kind of the standard with P&P games famalam. Even D&D's premade adventures are meant to be sold alongside GM toolkits for making adventures.
>>
>>47513265
Give examples, this sounds like a storytime
>>
>>47513638
In shadowrun they played an AI that hacked a satellite, used it to conduct a homicide of around 50 people with their car. They turned around and sold that car to their fixer along with the sim sense data that became BLT (better-than-life chips, addictive VR) that they got royalty payments on. (the 50 people they killed were vodoo shamans and their body guards inciting a riot)

Later they stole the access codes for a satellite, sold the codes to a security corp and a couple crime families and then bypassed my bossfight by asking the security corp and crime families to use their newly acquired fleet of aircraft and warships to sink their ship.
>>
>>47510300
What's not a challenge for them? Just combat? If so, throwing people with guns at them will make things more difficult. It'll force players to keep spending maneuvers to move up to the enemies, and I think only like 2 of the characters have a few ranks in Reflect (if you're just using the pre-gens). Don't forget that lightsabers are very illegal during the time period, so appropriate response should be used if they keep relying on it in places where they could and would get in trouble for it.

>>47511364
Any terrain that's difficult, but shouldn't require an actual check, is 2 maneuvers to move through instead of 1. If it takes any real amount of effort, then it's a check (Athletics/Coordination, usually). Page 213 in EotE core, or under Environmental Effects of a book's respective Conflict and Combat chapter.
>>
>>47513608

I get that. I just want to know of its like Degenesis where they have all this info and outlines and information, but the GM literally makes it all up. I'm not the most creative. I can make decisions about a story, but not a story itself.
>>
>>47514225
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/The_Old_Republic

there's an entire wiki for star wars related content. The books for Edge of the Empire and related content are narrative focused. It supplies you with a system you can use to make games. If you can't make up a basic story like:

Players encounter <NAMED HUTT NPC CRIMELORD> he commisions them for <HEIST> with <REWARD> but <CONSEQUENCE> ensues that forces PCs to decide whether or not to double cross their employer you have no business being a GM.
>>
>>47514225
As someone who lacks both the time, energy, and drive to make up my own stories, the prepublished adventures are a godsend (Forcesend?). They've got pretty much everything you need right there in the book, as long as you have the core rules.
>>
>>47514225
You can always steal adventures from WotC and WEG's Star Wars RPGs. You'll be spending some extra time deciding/translating difficulties of skill checks and working out enemies, but at you're still saved the trouble of making and filling out the story and plot.
>>
>>47514415
Thought of something else.

There's a LOT of published material out there already. Enough adventure content, between the beginner boxes, the free online sequels to said boxes, the GM's kits, and the adventures in the backs of the core rulebooks, you won't even need to dip into the standalone adventures for a long, long time, for any of the three systems.
>>
>>47514471
In fact, especially for Age of Rebellion, all those things I mentioned are supposed to go together.

And by the time you've gotten to the standalone adventures, you'll be competent enough that you don't need them at all. You should be able to put together your own stories and encounters by then, if you want. Though I do highly recommend the published stuff, it's all pretty great, in my opinion. I've been having a lot of fun with all of it.
>>
>>47513875
I was thinking of sending an inquisitor with her own special hit squad to hound them. Calling them the Terantatek Squad, an elite task force trained to hunt and either turn or kill force sensitives in the wild/unknown regions of space.
>>
>>47514284
>>47514415
>>47514426
>>47514471

Awesome. Cheers.
>>
>>47514657
Extrapolating from the order in AoR, the recommendation from FFG is
1. Beginner Box adventure
2. Beginner Box online sequel
3. Core Book adventure
4. GM's kit adventure
5. The standalone adventures

Good luck!
>>
So I've pretty much decided that I'm going to gather a group together of people interested in gaming and see how it goes, because it's been too long for me.

We might end up playing FFG, which I think would be fun I'm also rooting for Shadowrun, but that's partially because I read the Shadowrun Storytime and I'm finally playing Snatcher, which is just as gloriously 80s as I'd hoped
>>
>>47515243
Gather them online or in person?

If you're going for online, you have my dice!
>>
>>47515553
Yeah, in person sorry. I'm much better with face-to-face. Less communication snafus that way.
>>
>>47515585
No worries, its pretty dry here for rpgs and i got the itch.
>>
>>47515649
Oh? Where are you at?
>>
>>47515243
I'm dying for an FFG experience. What did you have in mind?
>>
>>47515673
In Santa Barbara, Ca. A pair of LGS but they do D&D or are full. I've only GMed FFG but really want to play.
>>
>>47515881
Woof, that's the opposite coast from me. Super sorry, man.
>>47515791
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzKKjJuujSs
>>
>>47513378

As the person who has GMed for this person before on the Shadowrun system for three games, all of this is true. It is both beautiful, terrifying, and awe-inspiring. Sometimes hilarious.
>>
>>47515916
Oh, wait, you said offline. No can do, unfortunately. Good luck, though.

Maybe try recruiting some normies and running the beginner box of their choice, and if it proves successful, advancing like I outlined above in the post about the prepublished adventures. Low-stress and high-value.
>>
spacebump
>>
>>47509107

May as well put adapt on the glaives for free
>>
File: 1412623285140.jpg (20 KB, 458x319) Image search: [Google]
1412623285140.jpg
20 KB, 458x319
>>47515881
>>47515649
>California
>Dry
>>
File: Sith_King_Adas.jpg (2 MB, 1309x1783) Image search: [Google]
Sith_King_Adas.jpg
2 MB, 1309x1783
Is there any reading materials regarding the history of the Sith as a species, before the Jedi exiles ever reached and conquered them?

Or at the very least, is there something about their language?
>>
>>47518846
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Sith_culture

I'm unsure as to how USEFUL this shit may be but there's stuff here.
>>
>>47518896

Cheers. I've known about that from before, but figured I could ask if there was more material first.
>>
>>47518974
all I got broheim, might be some stuff in force and destiny or older star wars RPGs. You may want to review the old Marvel comics they might have stuff.
>>
>>47518438
Oh you!
>>
>>47511802
nice
>>
>>47519190

I came up with this list last night as a way of facilitating that combo

https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Galactic%20Empire&d=v4!s!71:152,-1,-1:33:17:;188:20,-1:-1:-1:;16::-1:-1:;49:-1,-1,-1,-1,-1:35:17:u.183,u.95&sn=Starring%20The%20Duke

You can swap Zeta out for Omega Leader is you want, but I thought his punchiness, paired up with expose and support from the TIE Shuttle would make for a nice combo.
>>
File: Shrimp Doge.png (167 KB, 351x249) Image search: [Google]
Shrimp Doge.png
167 KB, 351x249
what world do you figure a mollusc-hound like this would come from?
>>
File: arnie-640.0.jpg (136 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
arnie-640.0.jpg
136 KB, 1600x900
>>47521385
>>
Picked up new ships the other day, and wanted to try these, how's my list?

Slave 1 (Boba Fett)
Homing Missiles
Heavy Laser Cannon
Gunner
Stealth Device

TIE Phantom (Whisper)
Fire Control System
Tactician
Veteran Instincts
Advanced Cloaking Device
>>
>>47521409
notsureifreactionimageorspottedreference
>>
>>47521558
The latter.
>>
File: 20160530023613_1.jpg (141 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
20160530023613_1.jpg
141 KB, 1024x768
>>47521605
Props then, looking forward to the sequel?
>>
>>47521496
Too much crap on Fett. Firesprays are expensive enough without overloading on upgrades.

Veteran Instincts (1)
Cluster Missiles (4)
Proton Bombs (5)
Engine Upgrade (4)
· Agent Kallus (2)
· Slave I (0)
Extra Munitions (2)
TIE Phantom: · "Whisper" (32)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Fire Control System (2)
Advanced Cloaking Device (4)
· Rebel Captive (3)

Still an expensive Boba, but he's focused on killing things that kill Whisper, namely high PS aces that shoot before her. Homing Missile would also be a good option. Pick Whisper's most hated foe with Kallus and enjoy some high PS boosting/locking/bombing.
>>
can the outrider with a HLC shoot it's 2 dice turret in the forward firing arc the card says your HLC specifically can't shoot in?

or is an outrider just limited to shooting a cannon in any direction except for straight forward?
>>
>>47523087
You can only fire secondary weapons with the Outrider title. Cannons or missiles.
>>
>>47523190
And I cannot fire the secondary weapon from my primary arc, correct?
>>
>>47523261
You can fire the cannon in or out of arc.
>>
>>47523261
Think of it like this: Whichever cannon you equip becomes your primary weapon.
>>
File: hk_assassin_droid.png (216 KB, 300x465) Image search: [Google]
hk_assassin_droid.png
216 KB, 300x465
I ran the first mission of the Return to Hoth campaign for Imperial Assault yesterday, and that damn white die kept screwing me over. Mak dodged the first three attacks I made against him, including an attack from the hovertank. Davith also dodged an attack or two, I think. (The other two heroes, Fenn and Verena, roll black defense dice and can't dodge.)

I'm definitely going to bring pic related to as many missions as I can, to force Rebels to reroll those dodges.
>>
>>47523087

Do what the card says. Don't do what the card doesn't say.

The card says "You may perform Cannon secondary weapons attacks against ships outside your firing arc."

The card does not say "You may not perform Cannon secondary weapons attacks against ships inside your firing arc."

You may still perform Cannon secondary weapons attacks against ships inside your firing arc.

Why the fuck would you not be able to do that?
>>
>>47521661
Not the guy you're replying to, but I love that setting way too much. If Technomancer has better combat, stealth, and story, I may have a new favorite double A RPG.
>>
File: Star_wars_Rogue_One.jpg (31 KB, 608x336) Image search: [Google]
Star_wars_Rogue_One.jpg
31 KB, 608x336
Someone on the FFG forums pointed out that the U-Wing teased in the Rogue 1 stuff looks quite a lot like the troop transport seen in the announcement teaser.

I think we can all agree that it looks a lot less dorky as a transport. The massive prongs make more sense if it's primarily designed to operate in atmosphere.
>>
>>47526091
Star Wars shouldn't care about what actually works.
>>
>>47526091

People have pointed out the 'belly' definitely looked like it was for cargo or possibly modular but I didn't realize how big it was until now.

The look of the thing has always reminded me of a sort of hovercraft (the real kind) so I really like it as a troop lander storming the 'beach'.
>>
>>47484382
Hey guys, I need pictures of uglies and ionized ships if you have it.
>>
File: 1452756019298.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
1452756019298.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
>>47527195
>>
File: 1452308920117.jpg (973 KB, 4000x2500) Image search: [Google]
1452308920117.jpg
973 KB, 4000x2500
>>47527195
>>
File: Kill_Meeeeee.jpg (81 KB, 500x371) Image search: [Google]
Kill_Meeeeee.jpg
81 KB, 500x371
>>47527195
AWAKEN MY MASTERS!
>>
File: B-Fender Ugly.jpg (23 KB, 310x281) Image search: [Google]
B-Fender Ugly.jpg
23 KB, 310x281
>>47527195
>>
File: double b.jpg (77 KB, 400x478) Image search: [Google]
double b.jpg
77 KB, 400x478
>>47527195
>>
File: Renegade-Pirate-Front-Face.jpg (40 KB, 369x520) Image search: [Google]
Renegade-Pirate-Front-Face.jpg
40 KB, 369x520
>>47527195
Thanks guys! I'm making some uglies for an X-Wing event (just cards right now) so I needed art.

Here's the prototype.
>>
Is any of /swg/ near tampa fl? I am moving there in a few weeks and am looking for a new flgs to play x wing at. Are there any places to go to or stay away from?
>>
>>47525578
Gameplay video on steam I saw was promising. Staff and Mace+Shield look like they might change things up more.
>>
>>47516049
Elucidate more, I'm genuinely curious. Shadowrun storytimes are great, and I need to know because I like reading the 'beautiful, terrifying, and awe-inspiring' travels of others.
>>
File: 1454219189343.jpg (74 KB, 960x656) Image search: [Google]
1454219189343.jpg
74 KB, 960x656
>>47529477
>>
File: jAkgBKK.jpg (794 KB, 3264x1531) Image search: [Google]
jAkgBKK.jpg
794 KB, 3264x1531
>>47531463
>>
>>47531481
>>
File: ZCeptor.jpg (36 KB, 500x277) Image search: [Google]
ZCeptor.jpg
36 KB, 500x277
>>47531537
thatpoorastromech.holo
>>
File: Voort_saBinring.jpg (699 KB, 940x1200) Image search: [Google]
Voort_saBinring.jpg
699 KB, 940x1200
>>47531617
It could be worse. The astromech could be strapped to the Lunatic.
>>
File: Deathraven 1_zpsyoqeuond.jpg (145 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Deathraven 1_zpsyoqeuond.jpg
145 KB, 800x600
>>47531617
I wonder if that's some astromech's kink.
>>
>>47530657

I am not the best at details, but I have run with her for three games.

- In Las Vegas, she played a young racer prodigy inflicted by a vampire virus that liked to cam and play trideo games hired by a man who dreamed of owning the whole of the city. Achievements included puking in her own helmet during a milk run to get her blood packs and accidentally leaving her partner behind, misting and appearing into a van with suspected Aztlan spies and ripping them to shreds with a katana, failing Japanese etiquette 101 with an important Japanese casino owner, attempting to offer a blowjob to a cop on a routine traffic stop, and viciously murdering 10+ mooks in vehicular homocide. It was quite bloody.

- Second game in Amazonia involved yet ANOTHER vampire, but this time a former, repentant solider of a terror-based merc team of Infected who was basically a vampire Nazi at that point during the Eurowars. Managed to knock out and kill cultists planting a flesh-eating tree in a bus station, and went on a spirit journey in the jungles to become essentially a dark avatar of vengeance and retribution, with newfound powers to boot. Also viciously murdered some wierdo Azzie that liked to ritualistically murder kids. She had a soft spot for them.

- Third game, Neo-Tokyo. Played a traditional samurai elf that was FIT and was basically a waifu. Went temporarily insane when routing out a brothel den owned by a scumbag sect of Yakuza known for using lolis, deflected a bullet and killed a Yak with her own blade, knocked out two armored and heavily dangerous paramilitary members with no effort, and inadvertently became a "favored" of Amaterasu during her escapades.

I'm not doing a lot of it justice, but I can assure you she has more contingency plans than what I can realize, but never lets herself steal the spotlight, as it were. I can only wish other players were as inventive and attentive as her. I wish I could be that more amazing as a DM to utilize her.
>>
>>47513694
>>47533088
This sounds like one of those players who has to stay on the leash or they unleash hell.
>>
File: RIS.jpg (32 KB, 800x559) Image search: [Google]
RIS.jpg
32 KB, 800x559
What would you guys classify RIS armor from swg as?

I loved this armor in the game and want to bring it to my GM.

I also really miss my BARC speeder from swg, those were the days.
>>
>>47533998
either laminate or heavy armor.
>>
>>47534082
Swg was so good. I miss it.
>>
>>47532668
this shit makes no sense.
>>
>>47537100

What would it's stats even be in XWM?

5 Red
1 Green
5 Shields
5 Hull

Cannon x2, Torpedo x4 System Slot Crew Slot

>>
File: sheev.jpg (119 KB, 986x553) Image search: [Google]
sheev.jpg
119 KB, 986x553
>>
>>47533998
Use F&D custom armor. RIS was super specialized component and if you go through the steps to make it you could have some awesome hard points on it.
>>
I've heard that the Rebels have been hemorrhaging players since the introduction of the Jumpmaster. Any truth to that?
>>
>>47503603
Me again. After a few test runs I think I've settled on:

Contracted Scout (x2) @ 33 points each
Extra Munitions, Proton Torpedoes, Overclocked R4, Deadeye, Guidance Chips.
This is just too darn good. In four test games every torp has dealt out at least one crit and one hit, and they've been averaging between three and four damage with up to two crits per. Overclocked R4's retained Focus has been good for enhancing damage and late-round defence.

Zuckuss @ 33 points
Veteran Instincts, 4-LOM, Fire Control System, Mist Hunter, Tractor Beam
Taking a focus and locking down the other guys focus token takes the sting out of letting them roll an extra die. This guy is pretty great.

Now I'm looking forward to the Regionals. Gonna score me some white dice.
>>
>>47538352
Hasn't that been the case since Baron Fel and PtL?
>>
>>47538422
Tycho Celchu and Corran Horn use it just as well.
>>
>>47538352
They've stopped dominating tournaments, but that's a good thing. Wave 8 made scum into a real faction instead of "Brobots + shit" so people are happy to try all the new builds out. Plus, the rebel crutches of regen and fat turrets got kicked out by ordnance becoming relevant, so lots of butts got hurt. Now Rebel players have to actually explore their faction beyond regen and fat turrets so we're seeing a lot of new and interesting builds.

It's great.
>>
>>47538520
On that note, /tg/, help me build a list with two T-70s (my favorite ship to use).
>>
>>47538557
Blue Squadron Novice
Integrated Astromech
R2 Astromech

x4.....
>>
>>47538584
I only have two (will be three when HotR comes out).
Will this work?
Poe Dameron
-Veteran Instincts
-R5-P9
-Autothrusters
Ello Asty
-Outmaneuver
-BB-8
-Autothrusters
Biggs Darklighter
-R2 Astromech
-Integrated Astromech
>>
Can I get away with only having something like 2 A-wings in an Armada fleet or will I just get shredded by opponents with a decent squadron game? I'm just getting in to the game and don't really know how to build a fleet.
>>
>>47538398
That's a nice setup. I ran something similar when wave 8 dropped, but I could never figure out what to do with Zuckuss when he just drops in 2 rounds of combat.
>>
File: 2016-05-31_151413.png (817 KB, 917x945) Image search: [Google]
2016-05-31_151413.png
817 KB, 917x945
>>47538557
2 T-70 and a brawler big ship
>>
>>47538600
yes it works, everything in this game works, that's whats cool about this game.
>>
>>47538600
That looks pretty good. Poe is a beast, Ello is crazy unpredictable and fun, and Biggs is a prick and a half.
>>
I think this is my Regionals list for Saturday. What do you think, /swg/?

Veteran Instincts (1)
Engine Upgrade (4)
Tactician (2)
Glitterstim (2)
JumpMaster 5000: · Dengar (33)
· Lone Wolf (2)
Tactician (2)
· Punishing One (12)
Glitterstim (2)
Overclocked R4 (1)
>>
>>47538557
Here's another build partially inspired by >>47538639

Okay, so:

Red Squadron Veterans @ 31 points each
R2 Astromech, Flechette Torpedoes, Deadeye, Munitions Failsafe.
As you might be aware, the combination of Flech Torps and Munit Failsafe allows you to dish out stress tokens without actually discarding your torpedo card (so long as you miss, which Deadeye helps you to do). You use the X-Wings to stress your target over and over again.

Eaden Vrill @ 38 points
Dash Rendar, Engine Upgrade
So Eaden gets +1 to his primary weapon when targeting a stressed enemy ship. The target will be conveniently stressed thanks to the X-Wings. What you want to be doing is target locking your enemy as an action, having your X-Wings dog him with stress, then on the next turn boost into Range 1 so you'll be throwing four dice at your enemy with the ability to reroll your misses. If he tries to wait out the stress by putting an obstacle between you Dash negates his bonus.

It's a list that requires some fancy flying, but when it works it'll be beautiful, and your opponents will respect you for not just playing the turret game.
>>
>>47538941
Like the idea, but I don't much like giving up my potentially damaging 3 dice primary to give Eaden an extra die. Throw in the delicious tactician K-Wing sporting a twin laser turret and now you're doing consistent damage and potentially double stressing fools.
>>
>>47538904
Looks like it'll make a dent in some of the flimsier lists, but I foresee that dying like a bitch to a Wolfpack or Palpaces.
>>
>>47539010
My main concern is swarms, currently. A wolfpack I can arc dodge and even potentially blow up a boat before it fires, plus with glitterstim and re-rolls they can be surprisingly tanky.

With aces, I've got equal or higher PS, repositioning, and stress to utterly dick them over. In test games I did little damage on the first pass, but once they get double or triple stressed they drop easily.
>>
>>47539075
I missed the Tactician. Good call.
>>
File: 1433632104377.jpg (52 KB, 339x401) Image search: [Google]
1433632104377.jpg
52 KB, 339x401
>escorting a jedi as part of a contract
>new player is a bounty hunter we picked up after last player couldnt make it anymore
>new player decided to collect on the bounty on the jedi
>sneaks around and frees another bounty hunter we captured
>she wants revenge against party member for venting her into space
>suit was environmentally sealed
>lock themselves in the bridge
>find out party member betrayed us and called the imperials
>stun the traitor
>bounty hunter bitch makes jedi drop weapon and picks it up
>no penalty for using a lightsaber untrained
>doesnt do much anyways
>as a last ditch effort she tries breaking the window to suck everyone out
>succeeds thanks to rolling multiple times
>almost everyone gets sucked out
>imperials come just as we finish and we get out of there
>tfw
>>
>>47539123
Not trying to be argumentative, I appreciate the feedback.
>>
With Weyland Games giving the release date for Imperial Veterans as being in July, I'm resorting to my Plan B list for my upcoming tournement on the 19th.

https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Scum%20and%20Villainy&d=v4!s!101:98,-1:16:15:U.44,U.145;171:57,-1,-1,61,180,128:29:3:&sn=Unnamed%20Squadron

Has anyone ever run anything like this? I've ran Talonbane with a Cloaking Device and Dengar before, but I haven't used the StarViper in a good while.
>>
>>47540566
Im not sure if it was bad luck or piloting but I didnt fare well when I used cloaking device on Guri. Thats just my experience with it. Take it as you will.
>>
>>47540631

Were you getting unlucky with your End Phase rolls a lot? Statistically speaking you should expect to get about 4 turns a game of cloaking before it breaks.
>>
>>47540659
one game I lost it after the first time cloaking, I chalked that up to bad luck, the rest I got some decent mileage out of it
>>
>>47540677

My main problem with Talonbane was that he just doesn't have the surviability to get more than a couple of good shots off. Hopefully this build with it's combination of Autothrusters, Lone Wolf and Sensor Jammer on Guri will do the business a bit better.

It's a shame, I did rather want to run that Rexler - Whisper - TIE Shuttle list. I built a few weeks ago.
>>
>>47540566
I've ran very similar setups on both of those ships.

Guri with Sensor Jammer, and Thrusters, is a low-PS mulching machine who gives no fucks about Twin Laser Turrets. But she runs into problems with high-PS Aces that are loaded up with repositioning options, like Soontir Fel or the Inquisitor. You have to be on the ball with predicting where they'll go. Giving her a Cloak I find is mostly of use in those initial approach turns, or that inevitable moment whe you know you fucked up and need that sweet anti-Biggs effect that 5 green dice and a Sensor Jammer will get you.

Dengar's a solid, beefy ship. But he will ultimately be your clutch in this setup, as he's your ace-counter. I've seen players running this setup in my meta, and I think the clincher is not losing one of the two ships.

My only recomendation is to push Dengar up in PS bid, by taking off Lone Wolf from Guri and giving her Wired. This gives you a 1-pt bid for trying to give Soontir the initiative (for maneuvering), while opening up the Starviper dial a bit more by rewarding you with eyball-rerolls when you S-Loop or get hit by a Stresshog. It helps really helps Guri out when she needs it the most.
>>
>>47540729
That's why I like the cloak on Talonbane. It gives him that second turn engage safety with cloaking, and allos you to jump into that better close range gap. Talon really doesn't need anything more than the cloak and adaptability, unless you want to really make him your powehouse (Engine Upgrade + Predator).
>>
>>47540566
I've run something similar, just PtL, Recon, and Unhinged on Dengar instead. If you treat the cloak as a one time reposition you're never disappointed. Guri is death to PS4 and below, Dengar can mess up higher PS ships. You're just a little on the fragile side with 14 total hp.
>>
Yo /tg/,

This horrible, fucking horrible repainted squad made me think :
What ship aren't to scale in x-wing ?
The Firespray seem horribly oversized and the YV-666 Horribly downsized...
>>
>>47541772
corvette and the tantive are undersized I believe
>>
File: Slave1.jpg (72 KB, 1536x820) Image search: [Google]
Slave1.jpg
72 KB, 1536x820
>>47541772
The Firespray is actually pretty huge. The cockpit is more like a flight deck, and it has multiple levels.

Not sure about the YV though.
>>
>>47539391
>Remove new player
>Retcon entire last session
>The End
>>
How hard would it be to find /tg/ Star Wars generals from back when SAGA was the hot new thing everybody talked about?
>>
>>47542136

Pretty hard as we didn't really have generals back then.

I'm not actually 100% sure if /tg/ even existed when Saga came out.
>>
>>47542136
theres always suptg and foolz
>>
>>47542136
Literally impossible. Maybe.
>>
>>47541772
The corvettes are slightly out of scale, but everything else is about the right size. The HWK comes up once in awhile as being too small, and the Firespray comes up as seemingly being too big... But the Firespray is actually the right size when you look at the schematics. I think what throws people off, is the old action-figure toy that had barely enough room for Boba Fett in it.
>>
>>47542376
>I'm not actually 100% sure if /tg/ even existed when Saga came out.
It looks like they were pretty close together, both being new in 2007. Although I'm not sure how reliable that year of inception is for /tg/.
>>
>>47542056
>>47542526

Are you both sure ? The X-Wing TMG firespray model has a cockpit so huge, like bigger than a whole Y-wing...
>>
>>47542376
/tg/ was created in February 2007 and Saga was released in June 2007. But you're probably right about generals.

Man, that takes me back.
>>
File: image.jpg (347 KB, 736x962) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
347 KB, 736x962
>>47542668
Yeah, much of that is because it's not really a "cockpit". It looks like one at first glance, but the ship really is supposed to be just a bit smaller than the yt-1300.
>>
>>47529050
I actually like the X-TIE.
>>47531481
I a ship like that would be neat.
>>47539391
Badass.
Sounds very interesting how you'd get out of that situation. Well, those that won't die to the cold of space.
>>
Going to a tournement and soon an regionals with this list.
https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Scum%20and%20Villainy&d=v4!s!167:27,-1,-1,-1:28:-1:u.144;135:140,-1,128:-1:3:;173:19,136,126,177,182,-1:-1:25:&sn=The%20crew

Can't desied if i want to change cobras glitterstim and engine upgrade with clocking device, guidance and cluster missle.
Any thoughts?
>>
>>47544870
guidance cluster etc works like twice better on N'dru for 10 points less.

So no stay with Engine/Glittersim .. boosting after the Inquisitor is gold.
>>
>>47544870
Manaroo's a bit overloaded, IMO. Boba Fett is good as crew, but you're relying on Plasma Torps or 2-die primary getting their own crit from the dice, and no crit from the Guidance Chip. I think you're trying to do *a bit* too much with her, especially since Manaroo's pilot ability runs contrary to torp boat with Deadeye.

I would recommend capitalizing on her ability, by giving her either a K4 or a Recon Spec. I prefer the K4 on her. The astro can be swapped for R5-P8 (revenge fucking droid), or even just a simple Unhinged. Remove the Torps and Deadey, and replace with Intimidation, and turn her into a psuedo "bumpmaster" to be an even bigger pain in the ass for your opponent. 35 pts for Intimidation, K4, and R5-P8; 33 to go Unhinged instead; and 32 if you forgo astromech altogether (K4 + Intimidation).

This is an alternate setup to consider.
https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Scum%20and%20Villainy&d=v4!s!167:152,-1,43,-1:28:-1:u.144;135:170,-1,145:-1:3:;173:101,-1,-1,122,-1,-1:-1:-1:&sn=The%20crew

The idea here is to put Juke on Zuckus, and Advanced Sensors (to ensure you always have actions when you need them). Take Bumpmaster Manaroo with K4 and use her to provide focus and target lock, while getting in the way and reducing an ace's agility. Cobra has Adaptability to kick him up to PS 10, and Cloak + Engine Upgrade to get him to where he needs to be (cloak can be swapped for Glitter, but I find he needs glitter less than extra survivability when outmaneuvered). If all goes well, Manaroo forces a bump. Zuckus blasts the shit out of them with 4 dice (5 @ R1) with their standard greens, with Juke. And Talon does what Talon does. That's two hyper-lethal ships with a support ship that can cover their lack of a focus/lock on any given turn. And Zuckus + Focus + Evade + Target Lock with Juke, WILL KILL SHIT.
>>
>>47541772
Someone did measurements and most of them were pretty close to correct, but none dead on. The worst offender (other than the epic ships, which intentionally aren't to scale except for the Gozanti) is the A-Wing being too big, IIRC.
>>
Question about SWFFG concerning the superior quality and dual wielding.

If I had 2 blaster pistols of superior quality which would grant me 2 advantage, and i rolled my skill check for attacking with two weapons, the dice show a sucess, and shown advantage cancels shown threat, i still would have 2 from my weapons, therefor able to activate my second blaster, or because I didnt have enough initial Advantage, i cant use the blaster therefor i can't use the superior advantage?
>>
>>47509107

countess ryad screams "please use x7 on me" since she turns any straight into a k-turn if we wants, PTL on her makes her stupid good too since she can k-turn, get evade, targetlock, focus in one move.
>>
File: Winter-SWF.jpg (149 KB, 329x500) Image search: [Google]
Winter-SWF.jpg
149 KB, 329x500
Sith are asleep, post waifus
>>
>>47551059
>>
File: x-wings and y-wings.jpg (60 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
x-wings and y-wings.jpg
60 KB, 1024x768
>>47551059
Waifus, you say?.
>>
File: Y-Fu.jpg (82 KB, 900x580) Image search: [Google]
Y-Fu.jpg
82 KB, 900x580
>>47551059
>>
>>47551094

I know they're not widely cared for, but I liked the Vong. Is there any fan made stuff for them as foes in FFG?
>>
>>47548809
Superior is some serious cost, if you had two superior blasters and got a wash of advantages, I'd allow the two weapons advantages to trigger. After all you're shooting two really nice blasters that are accurate enough to hit twice.
>>
File: YWingLongprobe-SWR.png (17 KB, 400x200) Image search: [Google]
YWingLongprobe-SWR.png
17 KB, 400x200
>>47551121
I'd long her probe
>>
File: Mll7zvy.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1551) Image search: [Google]
Mll7zvy.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1551
Anybody got the stats for a Nexu? I have a beasthandler NPC with a pair of Nexu
>>
>>47551927
Doesn't every FFG core book come with generic animal stat blocks? IIRC, one of them fits the nexu role.
>>
File: nexu.jpg (92 KB, 612x434) Image search: [Google]
nexu.jpg
92 KB, 612x434
>>47551927
They where in beyond the rim
>>
>>47544870
A couple of changes to consider:
>https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Scum%20and%20Villainy&d=v4!s!167:27,173,-1,-1:28:-1:u.144;135:175,-1,-1:-1:3:;173:19,1,126,177,182,-1:-1:25:&sn=The%20crew

Talonbane is a glass cannon masquerading as an ace, and that's how he should be treated. Close to Range 1, Rage, and laugh as you deal an almost guaranteed five damage. Then try and avoid dying for two turns so you can line it up again.

Zuckuss benefits immensely from 4-LOM as crew. Giving your opponent an extra defence die doesn't hurt you nearly as much when you can lock down his focus token.

Switched Plasma to Proton for two reasons: One, Proton with Chips is an almost guaranteed two hits every time and Two, Proton gives you your crit to trigger Boba.

If you're worried about the 4-LOM Ion token switch Proton back to Plasma and take Electronic Baffle on Zuckuss so you can discard the token and move freely.
>>
>>47551121
>Y-Fu
What you did there. It I have seen.
>>
So, In my last SWRPG sesion I think we broke the GM.
We have been doing the AoR beginner game and expansion. And we just finished taking out the moff's forces that were assulting our base. After killing around 100 imperials (half stormtroopers with seargents and half imperial army with officers), we had a quick dog fight in our shuttle against a tie bomber and 2 interceptors. Then the moff just runs off in his At-At.
The whole time the Gm is looking like we are raping his hopes and dreams. Even after we nearly loose our shuttle to a squad of mados breaking into the hangar.
Even after it was over all he could do was complain about how overpowered our (especially my) character where.
I'm just trying to figure out what we did.
There are only 2 players in this campagin and we have been making characters together for a long time. im playing a mirilan sharpshooter with 5agi after dedication and a well modded heavy blaster rifle. The other player is a snakeman modder with a 4int after dedication. I just picked up Force emergent and have spent 40xp into the combat side of the sense tree. The snakeman has a small army of flying remote droids.
I was informed in no uncertain terms that we are both min/maxing and the system is completely unbalanced.
So, can someone tell me WTF happened?
Thanks /tg/
>>
>>47552936
GM breakages are par the course in the FFG system. If problem persists wrap your GM in a warm town and make soothing noises until he begins to come around, three out of five doctors recommend no spicy or rich gameplay, so break out Monopoly for your next session.
>>
>>47552936
Sounds like he's scared to take risks with you guys. That many imps could make for a very scary and memorable session, but i bet he only threw a few of them at a time at you guys, letting you rack up that absurd kill count.

He could have very easily changed that situation to make things more threatening. It sounds to me like he needs to reconsider what he was hoping to achieve with that scenario, and in general how he approaches mooks and levelbuilding.
>>
File: 1461125853125.jpg (19 KB, 848x480) Image search: [Google]
1461125853125.jpg
19 KB, 848x480
>>47552965
>Implying Monopoly won't lead to further damage
>Implying it isn't nearly on par with Diplomacy for its ability to tear friendships apart
I hope your group doesn't include any business majors.
>>
>>47541772
The K-Wing is pretty small, take a side by side comparison with any other rebel ship and see how small are its cockpits.
>>
File: handmaiden brianna.jpg (85 KB, 592x768) Image search: [Google]
handmaiden brianna.jpg
85 KB, 592x768
>>47551059
>>
File: waifuvader_(2).jpg (54 KB, 591x575) Image search: [Google]
waifuvader_(2).jpg
54 KB, 591x575
>>
>>47549517
or.. use juke instead of PTL so you can actually do damage now.
>>
>>47542088
"But we still get xp, right?"
>>
>>47554598

kek
>>
File: milf.png (3 MB, 2888x1916) Image search: [Google]
milf.png
3 MB, 2888x1916
>>47551121
Ara ara ~

You're not attracted to an old starfighter like me, are you?
>>
>>47554598
>>47554709
>it was all a dream.jpg
>>
>>47554879

Did someone say "Y-Wings"?

https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Rebel%20Alliance&d=v4!s!9:120,126,136,2:-1:25:;7:120,126,1,6:-1:25:;9:0,-1,-1,69:21:-1:;32:72:-1:-1:&sn=AYYY%20LMAO
>>
>>47552936
I'd If you're at dedication you're far enough in that he shouldn't be throwing just sergeants at you with some minion squads. At 50 exp my players were wasting troopers and a pair of hoth tiger creatures I made with 6 soak, 20 wounds and some nasty damage. They dropped one in a single round and it taught me the lesson to have a nemesis any time I wanted to give them a true challenge.
>>
You get a force rating +1 when you buy into a force spec right?
>>
>>47548809
No. You only get the Advantage from the Superior on the second weapon you're attacking with if you actually get to use it. This also applies to anything else that can generate symbols on a check, so the second weapon would incur Threat, the Threat would only apply to what's left of your results when you actually activate the second weapon. But anything that would effect the dice pool never applies from a second weapon, so Accurate and Inaccurate, for example, don't do anything on your check if they're not on your first weapon.

>>47552936
The big thing if you guys don't stop the Moff, is that he'll drop a bomb that destroys your base. He was probably hoping for that outcome for whatever reason, even though with proper effort and non-shit dice rolls, you guys shouldn't have had any significant trouble in succeeding unless the GM was really trying to skew things.
>>
>>47555570
You get Force Rating 1 when you buy Force-Sensitive Emergent/Exile; which means if you didn't have a force rating already, then you now have one at 1. The only other way to get an initial force rating is to start with a FaD Career. Only way to increase past one is to buy the Force Rating talents in talent trees, and since it's a Force Talent, you need to have an initial force rating first to be able to actually get the increase from the talent.
>>
>>47555627
So if i start a colonist and buy into a F&D spec i dont get a force rating?
>>
>>47555643
You do not. You'll need to go the extra step of buying Exile/Emergent to get a Force Rating first.
>>
File: Mon Mothma.jpg (230 KB, 1475x1500) Image search: [Google]
Mon Mothma.jpg
230 KB, 1475x1500
>>47553789
Mon Mothma ain't no cartoon.
>>
File: U fokkin wot m8.jpg (56 KB, 530x558) Image search: [Google]
U fokkin wot m8.jpg
56 KB, 530x558
>>47555993
>A filthy Rebel.
>Not a good, honest Imperial girl.

Degenerate af. Someone toss this traitor out the airlock.
>>
>>47555993
>>47556045

When did Mon Mothma leave the Senate anyway? Was it only when Palps dissolved it at the start of ANH? Or did she leave earlier when her connection to the Rebellion became obvious, probably using Leia and Bail as her cutouts?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 58

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.