[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>be me >haven't played MTG in at least 10 years >tfw
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
>be me
>haven't played MTG in at least 10 years
>tfw gf is really into it
>tells me to download Lackey and play with her
>say OK; it will give us something to do together while she's in RI
>decide to make a legacy mono-green aggro deck just for fun and because it should be easy to whip together
>takes me hours of googling to even figure out what exists for green cards nowadays
>finally piece together a deck full of very fast critters and loads of card draw
>dat Glimpse of Nature and Skullclamp (I didn't know it was banned in Legacy at the time)
>we play
>she plays first
>she's playing white
>she plays that little Exalted soldier dick
>turn two she plays another
>mfw I'm getting swung with a 3/3 when I've only played one turn
>my card draw engine is coming together nicely so I eat the damage while I focus on dat card advantage so I can fill the board and take back control
>next turn she plays some other 1/2 and hits me again for 3 damage
>I'm at 14
>her 4th turn she plays pic related
>suddenly she's swinging at me for 7 flying damage
>I play like 3 more creatures with a full hand, and then she kills me the next turn
>mfw I got out-aggro'd by this chick's freaking angel deck

M-magic sucks now.
>>
>>47484147
>casuals in charge of goddamn anything

>>finally piece together a deck full of very fast critters
Not fast enough if you got outpaced by white weenie. Christ, run mana dorks.
>decide to make a legacy mono-green aggro deck
>loads of card draw
I give up
>>
File: 49.jpg (209 KB, 756x1100) Image search: [Google]
49.jpg
209 KB, 756x1100
>>47484147
>>
>>47484482
You don't play casual magic? I mean I can look up whatever the in decks are and put them together as well as anyone else. I just prefer to actually do something fun.

Your own fault if you can't understand why weenies would need card draw.
>>
>I lost
>Magic must be shit now I guess
>>
>>47487499
while on one hand i agree with you, OP did make a good point, Angels are shit, fuck them
>>
We didn't need to know she's in Rhode Island.
>>
>>47487697
Fleshing out the image of other people not as alone as you stings, doesn't it?
>>
>>47484147
>>tfw gf is really into it
is she fat or ugly
>>
What's with the influx of shitty greentext stories lately? I hesitate to blame summer, but I haven't noticed this shit until recently.

>be me
>useless details
>"mfw" with no relevant image
>horrible understanding of tempo
>"mfw" with no relevant image
>no interesting resolution
M-magic sucks now
>>
>>47488993
Maybe it's just you for expecting greentexts to be quality literary works?
>>
>>47484147
Maybe build a real mono G Stompy list? Like for real, what I thought you were doing up until the ridiculous card draw bit. You should've been able to race if you had committed.

But no, you'd rather be sad and complain instead of putting on your big boy pants and gittin gud.

Don't be a pussy just because she made better choices and out aggrod you.
>>
>>47489052
The medium isn't an excuse for awful storytelling
>>
>>47489130
It's not a stompy deck ya doof, it's weenies and card draw. And swinging with a 3/3 on the second turn is very strong for any color.
>>
>>47489190
Maybe OP should post a deck list so we can get a better grasp for what is supposed to happen. because riggt now it sounds like he diluted his game plan with a crappy draw engine that took 3 full turns to set up, and then is surprised when he got beat.
>>
>>47489052
shill.
>>
>>47489190
>And swinging with a 3/3 on the second turn is very strong for any color.
Git gud son.
>>
>>47484147
Pauper of all things elves can beat that I think.
T1 land, mana elf
t2, priest of titania, quiron ranger, birchlore ranger
t3, you now have at least 10 mana, drop a lys alana huntmaster, distant melody, and just go off.
>>
>>47489182
No but one doesn't go to the public bathroom's wall looking for the next Ulysses unless one gets off on disappointment.
>>
>>47484147
>Lackey
First time of hearing this, its basically free mtg, yugioh, etc.?
Is there a catch to it?
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.