[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the best /tg/related bromance you can think of?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 11
File: michael-bird-orn-adn-smough.jpg (228 KB, 1920x1024) Image search: [Google]
michael-bird-orn-adn-smough.jpg
228 KB, 1920x1024
What's the best /tg/related bromance you can think of?
>>
>>47481779

>Ornstein and Smough
>Bros

Ugh, clearly you didn't play the game did you?
>>
>>47481779

Ornstein hated Smough.
>>
>>47481835
And vice versa if you look closely. Smashing a dude with your massive hammer the minute he gets beat down is not very bro-like behavior.
>>
>>47481835
Who didn't hate Smough? The guy was crazy.
>>
>>47481779
Londo and G'Kar
>>
>>47481815
to be fair ornstien mourns smough for a brief moment before taking his power. and it could be argued that as osmough sees ornstein die if you kill him first that he's finishing him of as quickly as possible to stop YOU from eating his soul.
>>
>>47481779
Gortrek and felix
>>
>>47482697
Best answer.
>>
>>47481835
>>47481815
Then why did they work so well together?
>>
>>47483156

>Your one rival goes off and gets BTFO by The Dark
>The one sane guy of the group is too loyal to take off his helmet and just retires quitely to whittle
>The Assassin just shuts down because she'll never get to be dicked down by your rival who she was crushing on
>The only one you have left is the crazy cannibal

When you're options are limited you work with what you got, I imagine it was a pretty short list of candidates considering no one else was up to snuff.
>>
>>47483156

Because they were two big guys with high poise. It's not that hard for an encounter to be difficult in a souls game
>>
>>47483261
>two big guys
you really wanna go there?
>>
>>47482486
>>47483197
I enjoy that DS3 implies Ornstein just left Smough behind to go find the Nameless King, while Smough died alone against Aldric.
>>
>>47482770
>>47482697
Yes.
>>
>>47481779
Johnson and Russ
>>
File: 1463370296834.jpg (130 KB, 645x557) Image search: [Google]
1463370296834.jpg
130 KB, 645x557
>>47481779
Sismance?
>>
>>47481779
God, imagine if Solaire, Siegmeyer, and/or Siegward teamed up. I'd love to see the jolly cooperation that ensued.
>>
>>47483156
It seems like Ornstein at least somewhat respected Smough's combat skills, but Smough obviously had some enmity toward Ornstein, probably due to not getting to join Gwyn's knights (because he was a psycho who ground the people he executed into his food)
>>
File: Bros for life..jpg (31 KB, 600x646) Image search: [Google]
Bros for life..jpg
31 KB, 600x646
>>
>>47485728
Really? Where/when/how? I didn't notice that. Then again I fought the Dragon Slayer Armor in a haze of cold medicine.
>>
>>47482697
>WH40K
Cain and Jurgen
>>
File: tumblr_o1xgdx2Zdn1snnir3o1_500.png (71 KB, 450x500) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o1xgdx2Zdn1snnir3o1_500.png
71 KB, 450x500
Not expecting a lot of people to get this, but Brad&Terry from Lisa RPG mane
>>
>>47485728
I'm just wondering why Ornstein left to find the nameless King. Did he want to find him for personal reasons or was it that they needed him for something. Say for example he went to find the nameless King to take control of Anor Londo after Gwyndolin fail ill. If Ornstein left out of necessity rather then personal reasons that could change everything.
>>
>>47486095
I want to fuck Ribbon
>>
>>47481779
Solaire and all of us
>>
>>47481835
Ornsterin seemed at least somewhat fine with smough, but smough clearly hates ornstein, considering he finishes him off.
>>
>>47488530

Well back in the age of Gods it was common place to take the soul of the defeated, hence why they both absorb one anothers power. You can argue that because Smough just flattens Ornstein that he had hate, etc but the Nameless king also kills of his trusted stead in a rather gruesome manner
>>
>>47487687
The firstborn was the guy who trained Ornstein and the other Dragon slayers, so I guess he wanted to either seek vengeance or reconnect with his old friend
>>
>>47485728

What

How would they still be alive, if I fucking killed them in dark souls 1

Fuck you From
>>
>>47481779

Any tips for killing these guys in Dark Souls 1?
>>
>>47481779
>tg related
>>
>>47488696

People will tell you to kill ornstein first but those people are idiots. Super Smough has two attacks which are very difficult to dodge and impossible to block, namely the shovel charge and the mega butt blast. You can beat super ornstein pretty easy just by rolling into his dick whenever he telegraphs any of his attacks.

In the first half of the battle, just keep on the opposite side of smough from ornstein, and wail on the fatty. Smough doesn't attack often and has relatively low poise at this point, and most of ornstein's attacks can't reach you from the other side of the fatass.
>>
>>47488752

Oh, it's worth noting that ornstein gets the butt blast in the second half of the fight too, but the range of his is a lot less, much easier to dodge backward out of the way
>>
>>47488696
Use Solaire's summon. He'll distract one of them and you can focus the other.
>>
>>47487357
Join me in making sure the LISA TTRPG . PDF files keep circulating and people might notice more often.
>>
>>47488655
>Nameless king also kills of his trusted stead in a rather gruesome manner

In all fairness, though, it was pretty much fucked from the fight. Look at his hands. They shake before he plunges the sword spear in. He was messed up from that, but had to fight.
>>
>>47488847
where are those files???
>>
File: darkhate.jpg (27 KB, 500x379) Image search: [Google]
darkhate.jpg
27 KB, 500x379
>>47488696
Most people panic in this fight hence their renown as being crazy difficult, but the true secret to beating them is knowing how to get Smough stuck on the pillars.
If you want to get Smough's soul, just keep him stuck in the pillars while dealing with Ornstein. Supersmough is just a matter of sticking close to him 90% of the time, hiding behind a pillar when he charges, and running away when he jumps.

If you want Ornstein's soul, you'll probably want to get in at least Solaire to distract one of them, but if not you can also keep running from Ornstein while attacking Smough. 2nd phase Ornstein is intimidating because he's big and fast, and most people make the mistake of trying to run away from him, while you just need to stay close. Roll back twice when he jumps up, and a single roll beneath him can avoid any other attack.

Most importantly, stay light. Fighting them with the DWG ring is so easy it's almost cheating.
>>
>>47488946
It definitely strikes me as a mercy killing.

And in the topic of Ornstein and Smough, I see it as sort of a long-lasting friendship that began before Smough started eating people and kinda endured out of obligation. Like, maybe Ornstein thought there was still hope for his old friend's redemption through service protecting Gwynevere. Then the news of Aldrich coming happened and Ornstein sought out Arch-dragon Peak and the Nameless King for aid.
>>
>>47481779

Nobody mentioned Kharn and Argel Tal? Really?
>>
>>47488696
Kill smough first.
>>
>>47488752
>>47489297
I beat them on my first try and I killed Ornstein first, just sayin'.
>>
>>47487357
Explain
>>
>>47485728
I'd like to imagine Smough joined Aldrich and because a priest/palading for him, being a fellow cannibal and all
>>
>>47492390
I headcanon'd that Aldrich is just Smough's new name. He just kept eating people and getting more huge. He couldn't be a knight, but he could become a Lord.
>>
>>47488262
>Ribbon
>Not Cestree
Dat tail bro. Dat tail
>>
File: SmoughWithoutArmour.jpg (64 KB, 622x639) Image search: [Google]
SmoughWithoutArmour.jpg
64 KB, 622x639
>>47492467
>getting more huge
Smough's armor is deceptive. He's not fat at all. He's actually swole as fuck.

It makes sense. You need a ton of Vitality to wear his armor without going over encumbrance and his hammer takes 50 strength to wield.
>>
>>47492583
Swole can be huge too. He's huge and the game opening talks about how Aldrich was made a Lord, not out of virtue, but out of being so powerful, which he achieved by eating people(and Gods). That's all I meant.
>>
>no Gimli and Legolas
>>
>>47488672
He left before you killed him. The Ornstein you killed wasn't real.

Or, alternate time lines is always a possibility, because there are some other major discrepancies in the lore.
>>
>>47492279
Not actually /tg/ related but LISA is an RPG about a post-apocalyptic future where only men are left. The beard dude is Brad, the protagonist and a drug-addicted middle-aged kung-fu master searching for his adoptive daughter, the only female left in the world. The other man is Terry Hintz, the first party member and a "Hintster" who acts like a cheerleader in combat and leaves hints/tutorials all over the world in a bid to become famous.

He's actually not popular at all and is cripplingly depressed, making scarecrows and talking to them to feel loved. Brad doesn't give much of a shit about him (or anything that isn't his daughter), and can actually abandon him to raiders throughout the game. Despite all of that, Terry believes him to be his best friend to the bitter end.
>>
>>47482391
Well he was kinda bro like in DS3. He fought to the end to protect the Cathedral apparently.
>>
File: 1464471179117.png (456 KB, 1944x1080) Image search: [Google]
1464471179117.png
456 KB, 1944x1080
>>
>>47488530
It's actually the other way around. Smough wanted to join Gwyn's Knights, but nobody liked him because he's a creepy cannibal.

Ornstein just has more grace.
>>
>>47493691
That was always the thing with Smough. He was great at doing everything a knight should do, except he was unlikeable and weird as well. He could have been one of the Knights, except for that one thing. That said, he was Gwyn's executioner, which isn't exactly a position without clout or importance.
>>
>>47482349

DS3 lore indicates this was the custom of the age (some item related to Aldrich).
>>
>>47481815
>implying they aren't
In DS3 it tells you that Ornstein left before Chosen Undead got there. The Ornstein you fight is an illusion, which is why Smough has no qualms about smashing his ass.
It also tells you that the way fake-Ornstein absorbed Smough's soul is an ancient ritual that one performs when his comrade falls in battle.
>>
>>47494686
But who can blame him? Long hog is delicious.
>>
>>47494748
>Long hog is delicious.
>knowing that human tastes like pork
So I'm not the only one here who had to survive in the mountains already?
>>
>>47492583
>>47492467

Don't you get Smough's Set by defeating Aldrich?

Doesn't that all but confirm Smough is Aldrich?
>>
>>47494930
>Doesn't that all but confirm Smough is Aldrich?
Why the fuck would that confirm anything
You took the set in DS1, it was probably passed down a lot since then
>>
>>47494930
No. You also get the Artorias set after beating Champ but that doesn't mean Champ is Artorias.
Aldrich has a known history, which Hawkwood tells you. He was a 'right and proper cleric' until he developed a taste for flesh. Started eating people until he got so fat that he turned into a sludge monster. The Church of the Deep originally meant to prepare for and fight back the coming Deep began to fetishize the coming of the Deep and began worshiping Aldrich instead.

Smough's items in DS3 tell you that he was the last knight to defend the Anor Londo cathedral (presumably against Chosen Undead). He was a weird asshole, but he did his duty to the very end and was granted knighthood under Gwyndolin.
>>
>>47494996
Are you daft.

Artorias set only appears in the one Shrine Handmaid's inventory.

It's because Artorias is buried right outside Firelink.
>>
>>47494996
>Smough's items in DS3 tell you that he was the last knight to defend the Anor Londo cathedral (presumably against Chosen Undead).

So what you're saying is the Ornstein was an illusion, but Smough was real.

Which would explain why Smough was so eager to smash Ornstein in his cutscene.
>>
>>47495005
Yeah, but you gain access to it after beating Champ. The Smough set is also only in the normal Handmaiden's inventory. It doesn't drop from Smough.
Also, Artorias is buried in Darkroot Garden.
>>
>>47495018
Then why is his sword leaned up against a grave with the Hornet Ring next to it? Just the same as the Hornet Ring was next to his first grave in Darkroot.

Alternate timelines.
>>
>>47495053
You get the Hawk ring from the giant archer in Settlement. Does that mean he's Gough? There are also other swords like his. The Abysswatchers use them because they're Artorias fanboys.
>>
>>47482697
came here to post this

legit can't think of a better answer
>>
>>47495099
Abysswatchers use Farron Greatswords.
>>
>>47495013
>So what you're saying is the Ornstein was an illusion, but Smough was real.
I haven't played DS3, but why would Ornstein be an illusion?
That Smough was the last one just means that Orny was killed first
>>
>>47495099
It just strikes me as odd that the Hornet Ring would be in the exact sort of position it was in in the first game, the sword against the grave, and then his armor being in the handmaids inventory.
>>
>>47495176
Because DS3 tells you Ornstein abandoned his duty to seek out his master, Gwyn's Firstborn.
>>
>>47495176
But Ornstein also left to find the First Born, aka the Nameless King. That's why his armor is at Archdragon Peak.
>>
>>47495193
I would assume it's just a nod to the first game, but "time is convoluted ;^)" can explain a lot of stuff like that, I guess.
>>
>>47495209

I like the implication that Ornstein got cut down while unarmed by the Nameless King, since you find his spear at the door and his armor near the foot of some stairs.
>>
>>47495209
>>47495221
Lies.
Time distorts history.

>Gwyn's Firstborn
Solaire?
>>
>>47495234
I just assumed his shit got flung all over after losing.
>>
>>47495242
>>Gwyn's Firstborn
>Solaire?
DS3 lore denies that theory beyond all doubt.
>>
>>47495234
Can you find his armor before fighting nameless King?
>>
>>47495244
>I just assumed his shit got flung all over after losing.

I'd believe that if we found his helmet in one place, his leggings in another, his armor and gauntlets near the slab, etc.

It looks like Ornstein arrived unarmed, tried to make peace with the Nameless King, and got struck down.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (224 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
224 KB, 1920x1080
>>47495242
>Solaire?
The Nameless King, ancient war god and heir of lightning.
>>
>>47495267
Especially because the sun becomes a Darksign
>>
>>47490121
Good for you
>>
>>47481779
"Only the deathless can truly comprehend the burden of unfailing loyalty."
>>
>>47495275

No, you find his spear directly below the Nameless King fog door, and his Set a couple yards away.

I think it implies he entered the fog gate to try and set things right, tried to reason with the Nameless King, and got slaughtered, which caused his gear to fall to the floor below.
>>
>>47495267
>DS3 lore denies that theory beyond all doubt.
THAT'S BULLSHIT

>>47495280
PRETENDER!
>>
>>47495330
FUCK! He's too hard for me currently. Just barely sequence broke my way there so I could use the spear in more of the game.
>>
>>47495280
>>47495267
I refuse to believe this
>>
>>47495280
I hate his dumb anime hair
>>
>>47495501
I think it's just a headdress, since the armor set the PC can wear includes the hair.
>>
>>47495501

I love his dumb anime hair.

He's the perfect shounen hero.
>>
>>47495280
He's not nameless, it's Faram.
Or if we go by the established naming scheme, Gwyffith.
>>
>>47495469
It's pretty much spelled out for you. One of the few things really.

>The Nameless King was once a dragon-slaying god of war, before he sacrificed everything to ally himself with the ancient dragons.

>The Nameless King, a deific hunter of dragons. The swordspear is imbued with lightning, of which he was the heir.

>The Nameless King, ally of the ancient dragons, fought beside the Stormdrake in countless battles. When the great beast fell, the king claimed his soul, as was the custom in the age of gods.

>This golden crown, buried amidst long strands of bristling ash, is said to closely resemble that of the First Lord.

>The Sun's first born was once a god of war, until he was stripped of his stature as punishment for his foolishness. No wonder his very name has slipped from the annals of history.

Somewhere else is a specific mention of the firstborn being disavowed because of a betrayal.

>>47495548
Maybe he is Faraam, but then it would be pretty weird that a lot of stuff specifically refer to him being forgotten and nameless.
>>
>>47493218
They do say numerous times that time is distorted in Lodran
>>
>>47495585
>Somewhere else is a specific mention of the firstborn being disavowed because of a betrayal.
It doesn't say anywhere that he isn't solaire though
>>
>>47492583

I don't know what it is about armor like this but having the toes just seems really kind of cool sort of like how Dante's Power Armor looks like a statue and all.

I know it's usually suppose to look like a powerful figure (like Herculies for example) all swole and fighting without their armor hence the six packs and what not.
>>
File: russellsteapot.jpg (109 KB, 1024x600) Image search: [Google]
russellsteapot.jpg
109 KB, 1024x600
>>47496360
Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.