[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dark Souls LORE THREAD
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (107 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
107 KB, 1280x720
Haven't had one in a bit, so lets get it out of our system.

Dark Souls Lore Thread: Traditional Gaming Edition.

Please feel free to discuss any theories, speculations or ask any questions you may have about any of the souls games in the trilogy.
>>
>>47480307

So, is Rosaria Gwynevere?
>>
>>47480328
>So, is Rosaria Gwynevere?

I want to say "no", but a "maybe" is just as likely.

Anybody who says "yes" is just jumping the gun.
>>
So what exactly is going on in the undead settlement with the systematic collecting/bagging/dismembering/burning/pulping/etc of undead? It seems very excessive for just disposing of them, plus the text on a few of the items implies that its more harvesting than anything

I know that the deacons are involved somewhere along the line due to their presence but I'm just not aware of the actual purpose
>>
>>47480501

Simply put, it's a slum for Undead. It's the same as with any ostracized segment of society: they banded together in a place out of the way from everyone else, away from all the judging eyes of those without a Darksign.

And then, of course, the Church of the Deep started carting bunches of folks off to get eaten by Aldrich. Pretty simple.
>>
>>47480620
No i get that, I mean why are the bagging, hanging, cutting up, mushing up, and all sorts of other things with corpses
>>
>>47480740
Because the Evangelists told them to. It's various ways to make undead reanimate more slowly.
>>
File: y2Sad.jpg.gif (275 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
y2Sad.jpg.gif
275 KB, 500x375
>>47480740

Well, hey, it's a zombie apocalypse. Might as well go full Frank West with it.

In all seriousness, though, it's likely that as people started going hollow, everyone else started resorting to ever more creative methods of trying to keep them dead.
>>
>>47480740
>I mean why are the bagging, hanging, cutting up, mushing up, and all sorts of other things with corpses

The Grave Warden set tells us this,
"Grave wardens were tasked with disposing of the ever rising corpses that plagued the cathedral. Their clothes are utterly putrid, drenched in the blood and mucilage of their undertaking."

The Grave Warden's Twinblades tell us this,
"The grave wardens of the cathedral, who put down reincarnating corpses, wield weapons that cause profuse bleeding, for the loss of blood and bodily fluids is said to slow reanimation."

Cutting, Beheading, Bleeding and dismemberment prolongs the death of a hollow and keeps them in the ground longer than simply killing them.
>>
File: 1463008572164.jpg (338 KB, 600x668) Image search: [Google]
1463008572164.jpg
338 KB, 600x668
So, I don't know if this is just my theory, or if it's been suggested already, but I kinda think that Yorshka is Ocelotte.

>Seath and Gwynevere had earthshattering sex and birthed Priscilla
>Oceiros, being in some way related to Seath, also had a half-dragon child
>It's made clear that people came to kidnap the baby, probably more than once. Humor me and let's say it's the Darkmoons
>They succeed, take Gwyndolin's last remaining blood relative to him
>Raised as a girl, with dragon ears and a tail.

My roommate thinks it's unlikely because he doesn't understand the concept of androgyny
>>
File: frodo.png (214 KB, 400x399) Image search: [Google]
frodo.png
214 KB, 400x399
Why didn't they just use Manus' infinite humanity to keep the first flame kindled forever?
>>
>>47482756
>Why didn't they just use Manus' infinite humanity to keep the first flame kindled forever?

Manus' humanity was poisoned due to being tortured by the people of Oolacile: they tortured the absolute shit out of him to the breaking point and in turn he became a massive humanity monster and father to the abyss.

Humanity though is burned and fed to the first flame any time a Human rekindles it, but there's a problem with that as well.

The Dark Soul -Humanity- is "luke warm", it's neither entirely cold nor entirely hot and has weight to it- it's heavy and responsive to emotions, longing, envy, etc..

The More Humanity that's fed to the first flame the more it takes on the qualities and dull'ness of the dark soul- Eventually becoming what it is today that "Dark Sign Sun" we see in the sky.
>>
>>47482050
>My roommate thinks it's unlikely because he doesn't understand the concept of androgyny

Yorshka is a girl, so she can't be a boy.

We know Yorshka is a girl because she drops her Chime if killed,
"A sacred chime belonging to Yorshka. Her brother, the former knight captain, presented her with this medium together with another gift: her name.
The ringing of the chime must have done much to soothe her loneliness."

Yorshka is a gross emaciated girl, but she's still a girl.
If she was a boy who looked like a girl she would have been addressed as a "boy" much in the way Gwyndolin still is refereed to as "he", "him", etc.

Seriously, Yorshka isn't Ocelotte.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.