[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Harry Dresden replaces your party's worst player, abilities
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: 572482-572157_untitled_super.jpg (47 KB, 475x664) Image search: [Google]
572482-572157_untitled_super.jpg
47 KB, 475x664
Harry Dresden replaces your party's worst player, abilities and class adjusted to fit the campaign. How well do things go now?
>>
>player
Harry seems like a cool guy to play D&D with.
>>
>>47476624
Whether he is a player or a character I suddenly have a second voice of reason to help me steer the group away from stupidity.

>>47476649
He's a little too muh realism when it comes to magic. You don't let the cop bitch about how authorities are acting in the campaign, do you?
>>
>>47476724
>He's a little too muh realism when it comes to magic.

IIRC, doesn't he play a big stupid barbarian with Billy and the Werewolves?
>>
>>47476752

Yes he does, he finds it relaxing not to be the wizard.
>>
File: C78RK9P.gif (6 MB, 500x278) Image search: [Google]
C78RK9P.gif
6 MB, 500x278
>>47476624

Im playing shadowrun and I just finished Skin Game, so holy shit things get awesome!
>>
>>47476624
It becomes absolute shit, just like the series and just like the fans.
>>
>>47476624
Our barbarian who just hits things and doesn't think and doesn't roleplay is replaced by another.

>>47476649
There are literally canon stories about this. See my first line. Also he complains like an autist that magic isn't realistic all the time.
>>
>>47476752
He did, but he also sperges out about the mechanics of magic when they write the FATE game in universe.
>>
>>47476624
>Harry Dresden replaces your party's worst player
>your party's worst player
>How well do things go now?
This is /tg/.
Nobody would know, they've just been replaced.
>>
>>47476624
My current worst player holds that title by dint of shitty participation. So I figure things go a lot better now that the party is effectively one man up.
>>
>>47477104
"Harry, look, we all love you but... Well, your attendence sucks, man. Rule 2 of our group is after the fourth absence that's it."
"But I couldn't make it- look, the leader of the fallen angels was doing a ritual at the aquarium and I had to step in."
"Harry I get that, and good job, but that kind of leads me to my next point. Carl was bad enough before a fallen angel gave him a coin. Now he's insufferable."
"Oh come on, you can barely tell the difference."
"Dude, look. 'Don't get your groupmates taken over by fallen angels or other equivalents' should be a given."
"But-"
"No, Harry. As GM my word is law."
>>
The Dresden Files a shit
FreakyLinks a best
>>
>>47478288
>One of these things is discussed often on /tg/
The fuck is freakylinks? It sounds like a paranormal series for elementary school.
>>
>>47479822
Usually the discussion is just how terrible the series is on the off-chance anyone bothers to talk about Dresden.
>>
>>47479920
This is quite literally the first time Ive seen anyone on /tg/ say they dont like it so "usually" doesn't apply here.
>>
>>47476624
He'd make a pretty good Adamantine Arrow.
A bit low Wisdom for our tastes, but I'm sure we can teach him how to be a bit more responsible with his actions.

Espeically as now normal people merely watching him cast spells or viewing their effects is mentally traumatising.
>>
>>47476802

I hear all the in-character notes and stuff are one of the best things about the RPG books.
>>
File: pQ9Akb51hNhpEXsYFwoAP0MPrmV.jpg (228 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
pQ9Akb51hNhpEXsYFwoAP0MPrmV.jpg
228 KB, 1280x720
>>47479822
>The fuck is freakylinks?
Wanna waste 45 minutes of your life? Of course you do, you're on /tg/ on a friday night

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-njQCdIRlQg
>>
>>47480140
If you're going to announce you're a newfag, just don't bother and stick to lurking more.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.