[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does /tg/ still play MUD's?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: CthulhuMUDSS1.jpg (150 KB, 630x500) Image search: [Google]
CthulhuMUDSS1.jpg
150 KB, 630x500
Does /tg/ still play MUD's?
>>
Been a while since I've dwelled into mud's personally. Any recommendations?
>>
>>47474263
Could you recommend any servers?
>>
>>47474300
Nothing personally - the one that I was playing on the regular just kind of shit itself and had a few super old players ragequit, but you can go to TMC and check out the better ones.

http://www.mudconnect.com/

That's got a list of most of the active MUD's nowadays - a lot of them actually have fuckin decent playerbases.
>>
>>47474300
>>47474327

Shadowgate is a combat MUD that I played a few years ago. The combat is snappy and damnably well balanced, and I really did enjoy it while I was playing. Combat MUD's aren't for me, however.

Recently I've been playing The Inquisition : Legacy
http://www.mudconnect.com/cgi-bin/adv_search.cgi?Mode=MUD&mud=The+Inquisition:+Legacy
Which has been working out for me off and on for about 5 years. Recently we've had a lot of players quit for one reason or another, but there's still a reasonably decent playerbase out there.
>>
>>47474331
>http://www.mudconnect.com/
>>47474459
>Recently I've been playing The Inquisition : Legacy (...) Recently we've had a lot of players quit for one reason or another, but there's still a reasonably decent playerbase out there.

Will have a look: Thanks.
>>
>>47474263
Not anymore, but the only MUD I ever managed to enjoy despite trying dozens of them was Discworld Mud.
>>
I don't have the time anymore, else I would. Any MUD worth its salt takes quite a bit of commitment to get into and continue playing.
>>
File: Doctah.png (73 KB, 1143x775) Image search: [Google]
Doctah.png
73 KB, 1143x775
>>47474263
Every year for four years, I get back onto HellMOO for a week then stop playing for another year.
>>
I played on a fairly big Dragonball Z MUD for quite a while.
>>
>>47474263
I don't have nearly enough patience to learn the commands. I played in one a while back, and got stuck picking a class because the server didn't accept any variation on the command "pick warrior." Turns out the exact command, and the only one the damn thing would accept was "assume guise warrior." And yeah, "guise" was mandatory. Stupid thespian bullshit.

But you regular MUD guys are cool.
>>
>>47474263
Every now and then I go back to the Discworld Mud, still has a decent sized and nice player base too.
>>
>>47478346
Yeah I've been playing a Thief on Discworld for like seven or eight years now on and off. I really don't like how grindy it is or all the "idle-chasing" bullshit but there are lots of non-combat related ways to get XP and it's pretty unique as a huge open-world representation of Terry Pratchett's world. If you're a Discworld fan I'd definitely check it out.
>>
>>47478346
>>47478539
I met a really nice dude in my first year of highschool who played that lots.

Hope he turned out alright in the end. Think his name was Oscar.
>>
>>47478637
Maybe he was Oswald? Just like my uncle.
>>
I've never played a MUD, but I'm interested in trying one. How exactly does one get started?
>>
>>47480789
First thing to remember: MUDs are super primitive. Basically, it's like if Zork was an MMO. If you have trouble with lots of text, remembering commands, etc., you're going to have issues.
>>
Sure do. I don't have a lot of avenues for gaming with friends at the moment, so online things like high-roleplay MUDs are nice.
I've been playing Sindome almost every day for close to ten months now. Fantastic cyberpunk game, decent playerbase, good mechanics and such. I recommend.
>>
i used to play a dragon on some MUD. wound up becoming too strong and just lazily sat in town all day and intimidated new players. i retired the character one day by closing my eyes, letting out a weak sigh and falling asleep before signing out forever.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.