[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
3D Maps
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: the-magicians-tomb.jpg (677 KB, 1398x1267) Image search: [Google]
the-magicians-tomb.jpg
677 KB, 1398x1267
Anybody have any more of these cool 3D isometric maps/dungeons?

Have you ever ran these as quick dungeon crawl modules?

I'm thinking of just winging a whole session with one of these, making shit up with random rolls behind my DM screen. Is that a good idea?
>>
>>47473288
>I'm thinking of just winging a whole session with one of these, making shit up with random rolls behind my DM screen. Is that a good idea?
It could be. It would depend on the ruleset and your experience as a GM. I say, go for it.
>>
>>47473288
They're primarily a gm wank

How do you put that out to the players as a tool or handout? Even on something like roll20 it's not functionally useful
>>
File: map33.jpg (151 KB, 900x884) Image search: [Google]
map33.jpg
151 KB, 900x884
>>47473363
They're a lot more useful than a 2D map if height matters in the dungeon, and for creating a better sense of what the place looks like.
>>
>>47473363
Yeah, that is a problem. The GM finds it cool but the players wouldn't be able to see unless you cut it up into little paper snippets or something. That kind of loses the cool value though.
>>
File: 1458920971607.jpg (193 KB, 1024x770) Image search: [Google]
1458920971607.jpg
193 KB, 1024x770
>>
>>47473288
I'm working on creating a themed pixel art tileset so that I can make some fun isometric maps for my group. Just need to learn a bit more about how to get the tiles to tile better and learn a bit more about creating memorable and contrasting color schemes.
>>
>>47473442
Really like the dungeon part of that dungeon.
Looks ready for some eRP :).
>>
>>47475455
On grass, dirt and stone sets, (depending on how you want it to look) it can help if you increase noise a bit on the tiles
>>
>>47475615
Yeah, I've been noticing that quite a bit I'm still struggling on the creation of a pallet that doesn't require too many shades but that allows for a nice amount of noise. I might head to /ic/ after I get it to the stage where I can't get better by re-doing it.
>>
File: weird fantasy tower.jpg (623 KB, 1094x1600) Image search: [Google]
weird fantasy tower.jpg
623 KB, 1094x1600
>>
>>47474881
> That unnatural water flow
holy shit
>>
>>47478647
Man, I really want to use this in a session but I don't have any idea how to conceptualize it in roll20.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.