[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How the hell do people explain half werewolves? Werewolves are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
How the hell do people explain half werewolves? Werewolves are cursed men that turn into a horrid beast at full moon. If they weren't cursed, magically shapeshifting or diseased, they would just be beastmen. How the hell does a half-werewolf work? How do you inherit half a curse or a disease, but not all of it? Do you just become little cursed? Are the werewolf genes supposed to be dominant if they can be inherited? Wouldn't that just make you a full werewolf regardless of your other parent?
>>
>>47472259
it works like this
>I want superpowers
>I want bad-boy cred
>I want to not have any downsides

Then bam! You wind up writing nonsense like a half-werewolf or a WoD vampire.
>>
What is a half-werewolf?
>>
>>47472378

I guess the progeny of a werewolf and a non werewolf.

How that works is based entirely on the particulars of werewolves in your setting.
>>
I guess you're cursed to turn a bit wolfy but not all the way, because it's a weaker curse you picked up from shaking hands with a werewolf.

Honestly I've never come across this problem. You might be trying too hard to rationalise werewolves.
>>
>>47472418
Isn't it kind of weird to be bitching about the biological inaccuracies of the concept of half werewolves, while taking the concept of the werewolf for granted?
>>
>>47472259
People are just trying to twist it so that there are no downsides to becoming a monster and stuff.
>>
File: THISISWHATYOUSOUNDLIKE.jpg (217 KB, 780x770) Image search: [Google]
THISISWHATYOUSOUNDLIKE.jpg
217 KB, 780x770
>>47472325
Literally just this

This is the only reason.

The trend for supernatural characters with no weaknesses is boring as hell. Weaknesses and failings make things interesting and relatable, not having any is pic related tier.
>>
>>47472451
>Isn't it kind of weird to be bitching about the biological inaccuracies of the concept of half werewolves, while taking the concept of the werewolf for granted?
This.

If the thread is still around in eight hours, I'll post a half-werewolf template.
>>
>>47472259
>If they weren't cursed, magically shapeshifting or diseased, they would just be beastmen. How the hell does a half-werewolf work? How do you inherit half a curse or a disease, but not all of it?
You skipped something.
>>
>>47472451

This, really. This seems like a weird thing to get buttmad about. I have a feeling OP kind of just made it up and then assumed it's some serious "problem" in gothic horror and horror-fantasy.

Now don't get me wrong, cringey broodmaster characters with half-breed gimmicks are a common trope in this stuff, but "half-werewolves" is a new one to me.

Honestly I think vampires are much more susceptible to this kind of stuff.
>>
>>47472259
Actually, if I remember right, in LotR werewolves actually were just beastmen.
Were/Man+Wolf
>>
>>47472849

I thought they were some kind of evil spirit inhabiting the body of a large wolf.

Though I think there's all of one mention of them and it's just Gandalf talking about it. Their not exactly a cornerstone of Tolkien's mythos.
>>
A weaker version of the curse. They aren't as strong as real werewolves, but the downsides aren't as bad.
>>
>>47472259
Fetishes and Mary-Sues don't need any explanation,anon.
>>
>>47473025
So instead of turning into a wolf with all the strengths you just lose control of yourself during a full moon?

Well at least you don't have to get a weird dick for a night.
>>
>>47472259
>How the hell do people explain half werewolves?
I haven't got a clue. Then again, I once met half-snails. Nasty fuckers. Ignore them if you ever encounter them.
>>
I prefer my curses to be binary. You either have them or you don't.

However, it would be cool for someone 'cured' of vampirism or lycanthropy to have lingering traits of their affliction, like insanely fast hair growth or the thirst for blood when they don't even need it anymore.
>>
>>47472259
Curse still in early stages of development.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.