[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Module Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 8
What are some of your favorite adventure modules /tg/?

Have you enjoyed playing or running published modules, or do you feel they are too restrictive?

Are there any modules you would like to play in the future?
>>
File: Halls of Undermountain.jpg (31 KB, 260x341) Image search: [Google]
Halls of Undermountain.jpg
31 KB, 260x341
One of these days I want to run Hall of Undermountain for my group. I just like the idea of a huge dungeon for a long adventure.
>>
I've always wanted to run a premade but my players never stay anywhere near the plot. I've had to learn to be amazingly flexible in order to maintain ANY semblance of a plot.

I do enjoy reading through Rappan Athuk for ideas though
>>
>>47455270
I like Old Man Katan & the incredible, edible, dancing, mushroom band as a good starting adventure for new players. It helps teach new players that you don't need to kill every monster you see to solve the adventure's goal and the characters are pretty charming.
>>
>>47455326
What if you put several modules into your campaign in different places, and wherever the players end up, that's the module you play?

If modules run their course sans adventurers, they could cause bad endings which impact the environment for other modules? Or is this too complicated?
>>
>>47455326
I can relate to that. One way I handle the problems is to have several adventures in different areas planned ahead. If the party finishes one of the goals and decides to leave without finding the plot hook to continue the story I end up having the next area they go to be another module of similar level with some tweaks so the players can find a plot hook to return to the previous town or area. If they never return to that area and I can't find a way to put the next section in another area, that's when i drop that adventure.
>>
File: elemental1.jpg (55 KB, 382x500) Image search: [Google]
elemental1.jpg
55 KB, 382x500
>>47455482
It can get complicated depending on the adventure. Some adventures you just can't continue in another area. If the party leaves a module that is set in a particular dungeon or castle, that's when it's harder to split it up during a campaign. but if the adventure has several different areas you need to travel to, then you got more flexibility to continue it in another area. Just be sure to use book marks or post it notes to remind you where you and the party left off.
>>
Does anybody know of any modules set in the great dismal delve?
>>
IF I'll people to play with I'm quite excited to run this.
I was quite sceptical about pre-made adventures/campaigns/modules, being just a machine that reenacts other someone's story seemed like not much fun for the DM in my eyes, but this one really got me.
Also it is not that detailed, just gives the general course of things, so there is a lot of space for creative input.
>>
File: deadgods.jpg (63 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
deadgods.jpg
63 KB, 500x500
>>47455270
I remember Dead Gods very fondly. It was a great Planescape adventure, very weird and picaresque, as they say. You got to see a lot of strange sights across the Multiverse.
>>
File: 1458738966337.jpg (365 KB, 1163x1599) Image search: [Google]
1458738966337.jpg
365 KB, 1163x1599
>>47455270
>Are there any modules you would like to play in the future?

I'd love to play White Plume Mountain or Ruins of Greyhawk with an old-school grognard GM who knows his shit.

That or Death, Frost, Doom for Lamentations of the Flame Princess.
>>
File: i3-5.jpg (109 KB, 420x539) Image search: [Google]
i3-5.jpg
109 KB, 420x539
>>47455270
While I don't know of a particular module on the top of my head. I would like to play in an ancient Egyptian themed adventure.
>>
File: 1411617905123.jpg (22 KB, 400x299) Image search: [Google]
1411617905123.jpg
22 KB, 400x299
>>47455270
I guess modules aren't a popular subject on /tg/. I guess I should have known better.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.