[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MTG Eternal Masters Spoilers General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 43
File: NaturalOrder.jpg (50 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
NaturalOrder.jpg
50 KB, 265x370
Talk about Eternal Masters (EMA) and every spoiler that pops up during the day.

>Current spoilers
http://mythicspoiler.com/ema/index.html

The full spoiler will be revealed tomorrow. What are your final hopes?
>>
>The full spoiler will be revealed tomorrow. What are your final hopes?
I've already lost all hope seeing the rarity shifts. Fuck this set, and fuck Wizards.
>>
>The full spoiler will be revealed tomorrow. What are your final hopes?
Umezawa's Jitte at Mythic
Berserk at Rare (not busted in Limited)
Port at Rare (not much better than Wasteland in Limited)

I expect the rest to be jank. Show and Tell is hopeless despite being completely fine.
>>
>>47453737
rare berserk
jitte
>>
>>47453707
Crossing my fingers for Oubliette.
>>
Hoping for Recruiter at Rare.

I'm not ready for $700 Recruiters if they don't reprint.
>>
>>47453779
Why is Oubliette so expensive again? It just seems like a meh black removal spell.
>>
>>47453791
Pauper.
>>
>>47453791
pauper
>>
new format when
>>
>>47453809
>>47453810
But isn't Victim of Night just better? Or Murder? Heck, you can even just play Unmake.
>>
>>47453847
grey merchant synergies
>>
>>47453846

hopefully soon
>>
>>47453729
So, what you are proposing is that WOTC not think about making themselves money and instead print out what ever the fuck you want them to print out and at the volume that you want them to print them? Fuck everyone else, right?

Reprints are about the customer base utilizing what they are given for means of having fun. You play draft or sealed without it being well balanced, the. People will get pissed that it's turned into "everyone plays the same thing" just like what happened with Affinity when it was type 2.

But, fuck what everyone else wants as long as you get what you want, right?
>>
>>47453729
Why would anyone other than vendors buy packs then? You could just buy singles.

If a set isn't built for limited, there is actually no reason to buy packs unless you are a vendor or are retarded.
>>
>>47453856
>pauper is so underpowered gary + worse o-ring is good
I see.
>>
>>47453901
And where those singles would come from, senpai?

WOTC makes the same money no matter what.

Or alternatively they could stop making trash cards so that packs are actually worth buying.
>>
honestly I think the set looks fucking great, definitely more value in this than MM15 at the least and several of the new arts are gorgeous
>>
>>47453901
>If a set isn't built for limited, there is actually no reason to buy packs unless you are a vendor or are retarded.
>fill set with good cards
>no one wants to buy it because it's not balanced for limited
>this is what draft faggots actually believe.
>>
>>47453935
>make draft awful, no mass pack cracking for drafts
>fill the set with all money rares and uncommons
>only vendors, casuals, and investors are cracking packs
>hardly any singles on the market
>packs are super expensive because its all money cards
F-fuck you wizards, you screwed up again!
>>
>>47453960
>definitely more value in this than MM15
well yes, but that's not saying much
>>
>>47453921
Power is relative anon.
>>
>>47453935
Someone has never bought a SOI box.

And I mean you. You haven't.
>>
>>47453987
>>only vendors, casuals, and investors are cracking packs
>>hardly any singles on the market

Never go full retard anon.

>>47453960
>definitely more value in this than MM15

MMA15 was an experiment in "how much shit can we throw into a set before people stop defending it?". So it's not too shocking that this set is better than that.
>>
>>47453994
>>47454014
fair enough

which big cards have NOT been confirmed yet? Jitte and Berserk are hopefully in tomorrow's batch, LotV is basically disconfirmed
>>
>>47453987
>print tons of value
>ev is worth more than msrp
>vendors crack packs until ev drops below msrp

Wow, turns out when you don't give a shit about limited and you don't give a shit about draft children getting access to product, you can still make money! Who would have thought that making the average value of a $10 MSRP pack $30 would incentivize vendors to buy it?
>>
File: 324.jpg (67 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
324.jpg
67 KB, 312x445
>>47454025
>>
>>47453896

>Reprints are about the customer base utilizing what they are given for means of having fun.

Holy shit, kill yourself my man.

This set contains reprints of scarce cards for Constructed formats. Who the fuck cares about the Limited environment?

>But, fuck what everyone else wants as long as you get what you want, right?

Reprints mean that everyone gets what they want, apart from you. Go draft Oath of the Gatewatch if you are so adamant about playing with shitty cards.
>>
>>47453975
No, the point was actually made earlier. If they put all cash cards in a set and make it unbalanced for limited play, then you wouldn't be able to buy a pack.
Why?

1) Vendors would not sell them to stores.
2) Vendors would crack them open and sell the contents on the open market for a bang load.
3) IF you could find a box to buy, it would cost well over $700 per box.
4) No customer base would get a pack. Ever. Not even a handful of packs. Ever.
5) Even though it would be redundant, because vendors won't sell packs, WOTC would set the MSRP of a single booster pack to $49.99. Think on that. $100+ for 32 cards. And they aren't all rares.
>>
>>47454044
This is assuming vendors won't jew the shit out of you because they know the value of the packs.
>>
>>47454014

Not that guy, but you're retarded. Non casuals playing these constructed formats aren't going to crack packs. The EV of a pack will be ~$10 from what we've seen, and it will be a good limited environment too. Nobody cares that you can spend $1000 to fuel your autism. Limited is the true test of power anyone who says different is a sperglord
>>
>>47454075
Some stores get product directly from wotc, but they would probably be selling the boxes for the same 700 funbucks because they're not retarded.
>>
>>47454070
That is not why Eternal Masters was created. Why the fuck would Wizards care to print something for purposes only to lower the secondary market value? They make the most money buy making it fun to be played in limited and have repeated boxes bought.

They already make a box of nothing but chase cards. And they release it every year. You know what it's called? From the Vault. And look how half of the boxes fetch I'm price. Majority are over $100 for a handful of single copy cards. This is why they don't make a booster set of chase cards.

Stop going full retard.
>>
>>47454075

You are so fucking deliriously wrong, it's incredible.
>>
>>47454122
Exactly. But, more so they wouldn't get 10 boxes per store. Look at Eternal Masters. I think the big name stores are only getting 25 boxes from WOTC.
>>
>>47454137
You obviously haven't been playing MtG too long or don't buy booster boxes at a time.
>>
>>47454137
Why would a vendor ever sell a box to a store for less than 500 burgers if they know for a fact they can make 500 just opening the box and selling singles.
>>
>>47454150
My store only gets 20 boxes and he's only selling 10 of them to the more loyal and older customers. Fortunately I'm on the list
>>
>>47454115
Limited removes all skill from the game by introducing variance. You fucks all try to say "oh, it's the most skill intensive format, muh equal footing", but that's totally false. There is no equal footing: whoops, I drafted Pack Rat, I win. The only way for real skill to enter MTG is when variance is as low as possible. Most of the Legacy blue decks are examples of this: you see close to 40 cards in any given game, so the game doesn't just come down to variance.

I would say that Legacy/Vintage have a small amount of constant variance, Modern/Standard have roughly "linear" variance over time due to mana screw/poor filtering, and Limited has quadratic variance, since you can be screwed by both your cardpool and your deck.
>>
So are we not getting anything else spoiled until tomorrow?
>>
>>47454182
I think because then Wizards wouldn't sell to them.
>>
>>47454137
Let me put it this way...

Are you a card shop owner? No?

Are you a distributor? No?

Then shut the fuck up. You have no idea how it works.
>>
>>47454206
To be fair, LSV has had some pretty awful limited decks and still topped.
>>
>>47454199
Lucky. My shop is getting 25, but only using them for limited tournaments. And selling 3 packs per person.
>>
>>47454228
They have to sell to distributors. They can't ship to every single local card shop. It would get far too expensive in shipping costs.
>>
>>47454206
I feel like a big problem with why you think limited has less skill is because you think the ONLY way to win is by being lucky and pulling 'teh best' cards and instantly having that advantage, which is really stupid. The skill in Limited comes from looking at what's available to use and asking "What can I do?" but also asking "what is everyone else doing and how do I beat it," as compared to limited in which most people are doing the exact same or very similar things.
>>
>>47454134

>This is why they don't make a booster set of chase cards.

This is purely the result of scarcity. A sufficiently large print run would tank the prices, even for a set comprised entirely of chase rares.

I sense that you're preparing to make the old argument that Wizards is just a business and they don't care if players get the cards they want for reasonable prices or not.
>>
>>47454265
Right, but if they find out that Distributors are hyper inflating prices Wizards might cut them off.
>>
>>47454275
Sure, there's plenty of skill fine. But there's still less skill.

Do you lose to your own deck in Limited? Yes. Do you lose to your own deck playing Miracles? No. Therefore Limited has less skill, since matches are decided partially by randomness.
>>
>>47454134

>There are people out there that actually believe in this

Toppest of the keks.
>>
>>47454311
I see what you mean, but imo Limited takes more skill BECAUSE of the randomness - you have to be able to craft a deck that not only do you make in one sitting with everyone pulling from a common pool, and you have to be able to do it well enough that you can deal with cards you don't know are in the pool or ones you DO know are in the pool but weren't able to get ahold of.
>>
You know what would make everyone happy? Wizards saying "we'll print this set as demand calls it, so don't try to sell over MRSP or hoard boxes.

That and giving it and a reasonable EV, which seems to be the case for this product.
>>
File: argothianenchantress.jpg (49 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
argothianenchantress.jpg
49 KB, 265x370
Ah man , was looking forward to this reprint but

>mythic

W H Y T H O
definitely not for limited reasons. I fucking hate when wizards pull this shit, waste of a slot
>>
>>47454232

Yeah man, Wizards sells sealed products to distributors so that said distributors can hoard them, open them and then sell singles.
>>
>>47454277
No. But, they can't print flood the market with chase rares. Then everyone would be playing Affinity, Red Deck Wins, Reanimator, and Sneak & Show. Then we would have the same fall out of MtG that the market saw during Mirrodin/Kamigawa.
>>
File: mesaenchantress.jpg (46 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
mesaenchantress.jpg
46 KB, 265x370
>>47454394
Why is she mythic when her white cousin is uncommon ?
Because Green shouldn't have "good" draw ?
Because Shroud is strong/complicated ?
Because she cost 1 less ?
>>
>>47454443
>white
>>
>>47454292
Again, they can't do that. They know distributors are going to mark up Eternal Masters. And they still sell to them. They cannot afford not to. If they did, little shops wouldn't get product and would close down. And the market will drop significantly.
>>
>>47454380
Winning consistently in limited takes a hell of a lot of skill to deckbuild, evaluate cards and to pilot those completely new builds. There is certainly a higher skillcap in that combination than it is to learn tricks in a prebuild deck.
>>
>>47454315
Because it's true.
>>
>>47454443
argo definitely should be rare , but not mythic , mesa enchantress is alot worse but for fuck's sake they had the chance to print some really good shit at mythic , i hope they dont waste the last slot.
>>
>>47454044
>vendors crack packs until ev drops below msrp

It's a limited run set you fuckwit. All of the packs have already been ordered. If the ev is worth more than msrp it just means that stores will crack them open and leave nothing for the players who want to draft it. MMA all over again.
>>
>>47454399
Distributors already do this with the Masters sets and FtV. WOTC knows they do this. And they have to sell to them anyways.

The only way WOTC would stop selling to a distributor is if they found out they weren't selling the cards at all and keeping them for their own personal use.
>>
>>47454443
honestly, the retarded logic behind it is probably
>she costs one more SPECIFIED mana, so it's harder to drop her
>she's a turn-three drop instead of turn one
>>
>>47454466
there's a difference between marking the price up a few dozen bucks and doubling the MSRP
>>
>>47454442

That's just a metagame problem and they literally just fix it with bans (which tanks the prices for chase rares, by the way). Players could still buy the formerly expensive chase rares. A homogeneous metagame is just a tangential consequence.
>>
>>47454514
and also shroud. forgot to mention that.
>>
>>47454134
>nothing but chase cards
>from the vaults
hardly , there is a couple of playables but then you have shit like Iridescent Angel , exalted angel , serra angle , lightning angel , jenera and archangel of strife making the cut over actually good cards that people want , FTV isnt about chase cards its about cards that are supposedly "iconic"
>>
>>47454502
I guess you can't read. I was attempting to address the hypothetical situation where:

1) The set is not draftable, at all and
2) Theset is sold only to vendors, who have no incentive to sell it to players.

Preferably, sets would be high EV, encouraging vendors to open all product and sell singles. Limited is a joke and cracking packs is absurd. I've played this game for 15 years and I've never opened sealed product.
>>
File: tumblr_o7slfmAGyq1u9beo8o1_400.png (182 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o7slfmAGyq1u9beo8o1_400.png
182 KB, 265x370
>>
File: tumblr_o7slcfUGMQ1u9beo8o1_400.png (194 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o7slcfUGMQ1u9beo8o1_400.png
194 KB, 265x370
>>
>>47454442

That's just wrong. Faeries in modern is both more expensive and a worse deck than Burn, yet people still play it.
>>
>>47454443
Because Argo is good and Mesa is bad. That's it. Argo is so much better.
>>
>>47454568
If you haven't opened a sealed booster in 15 years, then Wizards doesn't give a shit about your opinion. You aren't even a customer of theirs. Why would they tailor any product to you rather than the people who do?
>>
>>47454687
Because they're still selling the same amount of packs, just to vendors instead of players.
>>
>>47454662
I get that
But why mythic ? Rare would have been enough
>>
>>47454521
> making up packs a few dozen bucks
> different from doubling

> making up boxes a few dozen bucks
> a few dozen
7 dozen? That's a few, right?
>>
>>47454522
They aren't going to print cards just to ban them. That is possibly the dumbest thing I've heard this conversation.
>>
>>47454687

Not that guy but tumblerinas crying about Bugz n Thungz or too many white people in Innistrad are also not their customer, yet they still cater to them.
>>
>>47454548
Iconic cards are still chase cards.

Chase cards aren't just the most power-house cards.

Chase cards are cards that are sought after for various reasons, power, scarcity, format staples, and collector value.
>>
>>47454582
Ohhh, that art is nice. Gonna grab these for pauper.
>>
>>47454619
You haven't played with a $500 burn deck, have you?
>>
>>47453707
I just want Ravages of War to not cost >$100
>>
>>47454823

No, mine's more expensive because of the foil guides.
>>
>>47454698
Would they sell the same amount of packs? Because as far as I know, a lot a lot more packs are opened by compulsive gamblers and limited players than stores trying to stick their shelf with singles.

Currently, a pack is like a lottery ticket, a pack could contain cards that on the secondary market are worth more than 4 dollars, but probably won't. So, for a store, it is more profitable to sell packs that play the lottery themselves.

But suppose a pack was guaranteed to contain cards that currently on the secondary market are about twice the cost of the pack. What do vendors do? What is more sensible? Sell the pack for three times the usual cost? Crack the packs and sell singles? How long would it take before prices tank such that the pack's EV drops below MSRP?

I just don't see the incentive for Wizards to make sealed booster product not designed to be opened by players. The only reasoning would be as a gesture of good will. Financially it just seems like burning money.
>>
>>47454766
They cater to them because they want them to buy boosters, obviously. They are trying to expand their audience. Why would they cater to someone who is proudly stating no intention of ever buying product?
>>
>competitive pauper is looking crazy likely
>smart decision would be to buy in now
>heart tells me i should buy in despite my hatred for the format

So THAT'S how you faggots felt when Modern was announced. I'm really not into Pauper, guys..
>>
>>47454922
why would you pay money for a game you do not want to play?
>>
>>47454922
You have a weird idea of what the heart represents when used in metaphors pertaining to decision making.
>>
>>47454875
>a pack was guaranteed to contain cards that currently on the secondary market are about twice the cost of the pack

The price of the packs would go up immediately, and the prices of singles remain roughly the same. Welcome to the real world, Neo.
>>
>>47454795
Yes, "chase cards" such as Fyndhorn Elves, Dark Ritual, and Hymn to Tourach.
>>
>>47453707
I'll probably buy a souvenir pack each in German and Japanese when I'm there, and I'll probably draft it once. Other than that, "Masters" sets really don't seem like sealed product that I particularly want to buy. The value you get is going to be an even bigger gamble than usual, and I don't think even an amazing pull will be enough to get me to buy into Legacy.

Possibility of drawing solid value for EDH though, which eases the sting in my wallet.
>>
File: 1327902907047.png (104 KB, 320x287) Image search: [Google]
1327902907047.png
104 KB, 320x287
>No Damnation
>Wrath of God get another fucking reprint
>>
>>47454993
Accomplishing nothing for wizards (as they sell to the vendors for the same price) or the players (as singles remain the same).
>>
>>47454967
Looking back, I definetely didn't want to use the word "heart". Doesn't matter now.

>>47454959
The idea of regret scares me. Regret of not buying in when I had the chance.
>>
>>47454922
>competitive pauper is looking crazy likely
Uh, what?
>>
>>47455106
Don't worry, twenty years down the line, you'll regret wasting your youth obsessing with a card game rather than improving your life in meaningful, productive ways.
>>
>>47455120
Rumors of a new competitive format being announced very soon. Eternal Masters has a fuckton of relevant Pauper reprints and the community of poorfags have been pushing their format for ages.
>>
>>47455041
When a card isn't printed in foil outside of judge/arena promos, then yes they are chase cards for foil versions.
>>
>>47455143

While paper pauper tournaments would be neat, I'm sure Star of David Games would find a way to push Gurmag Angler to 5$ and ruin the whole appeal.
>>
>>47455143
But paper pauper is a mess and a half. Its much more likely its just legacy -reserved list.
>>
>>47455160
Dark Ritual had a MM foil though, but I get your point. They're crazy expensive.
>>
>>47455169
Don't blame one store, blame all stores who do this. I don't care if they sell Gurmag Angler at $5 if I can buy one for $0.15 everywhere else.
>>
File: wildfireemissary.jpg (54 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
wildfireemissary.jpg
54 KB, 265x370
>>
>>47455100
Wizards sold all their product at a price they deemed profitable for them.

Hint: That is a good thing for a company.
>>
>>47455247
They are also doing that now. Are you a vendor? Do you want 30 dollar EMA packs?

Now I don't understand what you are asking for.
>>
>>47455143
Wizards has been consistently moving towards making MtG a collectible first, game second for years. Why would they create a sanctioned environment that goes against that pattern?

The only way that there'll ever be a pauper GP or PT is for memeing reasons.
>>
>>47455232
Classic. Appropriate rarity. It was time shifted right?
>>
>>47455282
I'm not asking for anything, but claiming that Wizards does not benefit from EMA having a higher EV is near sighted. They are making a profit selling EMA at the MSRP price anyway, and passing some of the potential profits to the vendors, whether in the form of higher prices in packs, or selling singles, is just good business. They make their money either way, and they help their distribution network.

Wizards is playing the long con with these Master series.
>>
>>47455290
Yeah, it was timeshifted. It also was an Uncommon in Mirage, so this printing makes it Pauper legal. Don't know enough about Pauper to judge its playability there, though.
>>
>>47455347
True. I just genuinely believing that keeping EMA packs as lottery tickets with lots of limited support is sensible. Theoretically, even if the EV of a EMA pack was through the roof, there is an upper limit to how much a customer is willing to spend on a booster before they start blaming the vendor for jacking up prices.

I would never buy any EMA if it wasn't for limited, but here I am, money ready to go to spend on this shit even though I am never playing Legacy.
>>
>>47454582
Yes this is a great reprint. Over 7 tix online.
>>
>>47455169
They'll push older cards that haven't recently been printed. Angler won't reach $5 because of its recent big print run.
>>
File: sulfuricvortex.jpg (47 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
sulfuricvortex.jpg
47 KB, 265x370
>>
>>47455501

Don't underestimate The Nose.
>>
>>47455372
Don't know which deck would use this. It's probably a great sideboard card against Jeskai if you're playing Izzet Blitz.
>>
>>47455372
Its not pauper playable. Pauper is actually a pretty high power format.
>>
>>47455520
So they're not reprinting Goblin Guide, right?
>>
>>47454311
>Do you lose to your own deck playing Miracles? No
What? That happens all the time in constructed. You mulligan twice and your opponent has a good hand, or you keep a hand without force and your opponent turn 1/2 kills.
If you wanted a comparison of variance you would test the win percentage of top players of constructed vs the win percentage of top players in limited. The issue is further complicated because that will almost definitely depend on the format, I've seen a limited player get around a 95% win rate (through 35 or so games) in odyssey block draft which almost definitely beats out any constructed format when competing on a similar skill level, but odyssey draft is considered to be just about the least variable draft format.
There isn't anything suggesting that draft is inherently (nor in actuality) more variable than constructed, it almost certainly varies from format to format.
Before you comment, the variation of picking out the deck does not *add* variance; rolling the dice more times (assuming roughly equal weight to each roll) decreases variance, it doesn't increase it.
>>
>>47455584
No. This is not Modern Masters.
>>
>>47455421
They have been testing the limits of the upper limit for a while now. Adding mythics is a way of decreasing the value while maintaining the price per pack. Same thing with the decreased number of playable commons and uncommons. With the Masters series, they went for a straight up price jack, and everyone seems ok with it. All the while, their cost is probably down, since they print more cards now than ever.

My guess is that Wizards is getting awfully cute with the limits of the market, and if they are not careful, the bubble is going to explode.
>>
>>47455608
but its in legacy burn
>>
>>47455584
no
>>
>>47455621
If it's Modern-legal, you shouldn't expect it in Eternal Masters.

Try again next year. Or buy them now.
>>
>>47455621
The theme of this set seems to be "If it's played in legacy/vintage but not modern, here it is" which his why there is no Liliana of the Veil or Snapcaster either.
>>
Do i pay 75$ for pre-release my store is hosting or do I use 75$ to buy foils pieces for my legacy pox deck.?
>>
>>47455670
>If it's played in legacy/vintage
looking at some of the spoiled cards, that doesn't seem to be the theme
>>
>>47455694
So Shardless Agent, Top, FoW and Wasteland aren't played in Legacy?

ok.
>>
>>47454394
>Enchantress reprint
YES
>At Mythic
BOLLOCKS
>>
>>47454594
>chain lightning is too powerful in draft to be a common
>but firebolt is A ok
I don't understand. Does this mean there going to be a bunch of 3 toughness creatures or something? Or do they just want more supply for firebolt than chain lightning for some reason.
>>
>>47455614
I'm not economist, but yeah. I don't really feel like I'm getting hosed in any way. But I've only been playing since M12 and limited is my favorite format, so.

While a particular card being a mythic makes sense given limited, the idea of mythic as a whole is almost certainly just a money making move.

Given the whole concept of a trading card game and boosters and whatnot, I can honestly see why they would not want to standardize the value in each pack. People love cracking packs. It is psychological.
>>
>>47455719
I'm talking about shit like Call The Skybreaker, Giant Solifuge, Prodigal Sorcerer, Rorix Bladewing, Nevinyrral's Disk
>>
>>47455761
Well its not like they said that this set would also have EDH and Cube cards or anything like that.
>>
I like Werebear's new art, but whoever changed the flavor text should be arrested.
>>
File: emperorcrocodile.jpg (46 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
emperorcrocodile.jpg
46 KB, 265x370
>>
>>47455828
A rarity downshift nobody gives a fuck about.
>>
>>47455828
I wonder where Wizards gets their data for nostalgia cards. I feel this one hits the mark and at common, so I can't complain. But Vintage Masters was the same way, lots of old forgotten cards.
>>
>>47455761
Disk at least sees EDH play.
The others are mostly shit, though.
>>
>>47455761
I'm not excited about any of those cards either but if you expected this set to be exclusively stocked with eternal playables then you are dumber than you look
>>
File: eh5QbzQ.png (140 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
eh5QbzQ.png
140 KB, 600x300
Pauper Masters
>>
>https://mobile.twitter.com/mtgaaron/status/735885851113099266

New format rumor debunked. Suck it, pauperfags.
>>
>>47455865
> We need more nostalgic cards.
> Let's include that guy from the Urza's Destiny booster package.

I haven't thought about it, but as a common, it becomes Pauper playable. What deck would run it, though?
>>
>>47455890
>Believing anything the jews of the coast say

Good goy we would never say one thing and do the complete opposite
>>
>>47455890
People who want real paper pauper are potatoes who don't understand how complicated it would be to make it happen. Paper pauper and mtgo pauper have very different card pools. It would have to have a massive banlist to make paper pauper and mtgo pauper the same.
>>
>>47455958
But MaRo is the one who does that, not Aaron.
>>
>>47455964
I don't how they have different card pools of the rules of the format are pretty clear, if it was printed as common, it is fine.

Most people seemed to think the new format would be legacy-reserved list, which is dumb.
>>
>>47455993
Good cop, bad cop
>>
>>47455927
0 deck, pauper isn't that weak (and it is very controlly).
>>
>>47455995
Mtgo pauper is only cards that have been printed at common on mtgo are legal. Paper pauper is every common ever. Very, very different card pool. Paper pauper isn't supported at all because its such a huge mess. Most people just play mtgo pauper in paper.
>>
File: Forsyth.jpg (105 KB, 400x630) Image search: [Google]
Forsyth.jpg
105 KB, 400x630
>>47455993

Yeah, Aaron just does stupid shit and lets others lie for him.
>>
>>47455995
>legacy-reserved list
>dumb.

It makes sense from the perspective of diminishing the effects that the RL policy has. Wizards knows that they cannot screw LEgacy and Vintage any harder, and just they won't go away. People are still clamoring for eliminating the RL, and the silly excuses they need to come up to maintaining it with makes them look bad. If they could just have a supported format without the RL, after the initial assblasting of those who have the cards, people would soon stop caring.
>>
Question for you all:

Why is MM1 so loved among you all, while MM2 and EM are not as much.
>>
>>47456287
MM1 was awesome for limited and the EV was high.
MM2 was shit and had a significantly lower EV.
EM has way too many upward rarity shifts and enough junk rares to push the EV down while keeping a very high price per booster.
>>
>>47456287

Is it? Whenever MM1 is brought up, all I see are complaints about rarity shifts and Skrillex Bob.
>>
>>47456287
MM1 kinda did what it was supposed to do.
MM2 was Wizards cumming on everybody's mouth.
EMA is kinda meh.

The thing is, EMA has no chance of making Legacy more affordable, short of a massive reprint of everything not on the Reserved List. Vintage is fucked forever. So, what we get so far is okay. Not great, but okay.

MM1 and 2 could have made modern affordable, and instead, they chose to make it a straight up money grab.
>>
>>47456425
>>47456287

MM1 is loved because it was cheap and mad value. MM2 is hated because it was expensive and shit value. EMA is feeling the burn from MM2 still, but the numbers show that it has equivilent value to MM1, BUT its still more expensive than MM1.

This is coming from someone who has/had access to all of them at MSRP.
>>
>>47456425
MM1 also had much more reprints that were needed/ people bitched about the most. MM2 lost some of that flair, especially with the craptastic draft cards.
>>
File: 321761735498.jpg (16 KB, 252x291) Image search: [Google]
321761735498.jpg
16 KB, 252x291
>>47456287
MM2 was crap but personally I'm loving EMA so far.

Most anon's here are just butthurt that a limited product with lots of value reprints has (so far) some bad cards at mythic and rare slots. I really don't know what everybody's bitching so much about. Only 2 really bad mythics and what, 4 bad rares so far?

>b-but anon, muh wizards kikery

Lots of cards in EMA have never NEVER seen a reprint before (and may never again). Of course this is gonna cost ya.

>b-b-but anon, I'm just a poorfag but I want to play, it's not fair

Well, then gid gud! My lgs ha produced 2 national pro's so far and I've watched these guys grow and become gud. Both were poorfag students. And you know what? They never NEVER couldn't get the cards they needed. They just borrowed and traded aggressively.

Everybody should just stop their whining already. EMA is looking great and I'm definitely getting myself some boxes. And if you're butthurt because you can't afford it then that's your problem. We knew this set was coming for some time. I have been saving money for this.

Hobby's cost money! Get over it fags!
>>
>>47456470
We don't know how the market is going to react to EAM. What is going to happen with the price of Crypt, Karakas, or Shardless Agent?

Many of these cards were printed long ago, and in very small quantities. Right now, claiming categorically that EMA is going to have "mad" value is a bit premature.
>>
>>47455885

yes, YES.
>>
>>47455828
Is this the only card in the history of Magic that went from rare to common?
>>
>>47456501

Stop putting " 's " everywhere, that's not how it woks.
>>
File: objective failed.gif (908 KB, 180x200) Image search: [Google]
objective failed.gif
908 KB, 180x200
>>47456575

*works

Fuck, now I'm stroking too.
>>
File: rarity shifted yo.png (184 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
rarity shifted yo.png
184 KB, 265x370
>>47456574
From a rare to common
>>
File: manowar.jpg (40 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
manowar.jpg
40 KB, 265x370
The hero that we deserve
>>
>>47453707

Holy shit is this a physical set or just for MTGO??
>>
>>47456287
>EM
people here are just used to bitch about things
even if EM is actually more like MM1 than MM2

we got a shitload of relevant format defining staples at common, uncommon and rare and yet people bitch and moan

the current EV is already almost at what boxes were sold for if you preordered and if you did, you will open at least half a box of cards that actually see play
>>
>>47456575
Yeah, well English isn't my first language so fuck you.
>>
>>47456255
I just don't see the appeal of that format. Legacy people already play legacy. Legacy-reserve list would only be for people not already into legacy who still have money to burn and a bizarre idea of what makes a game of MtG good and I don't think a lot of those exist.
>>
>>47456638

It's not my native language either so fuck you.
>>
File: winterorb.jpg (41 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
winterorb.jpg
41 KB, 265x370
kek
>>
>>47456628
Physical, but limited run.

>>47456097
Wait, what sets and cards aren't legal in MTGO pauper but are in paper pauper? I assumed that even with conspiracy being a paper only thing, the lists were largely identical, if not the MTGO list being bigger.
>>
>>47456671
Holy shit. The madman's finally did it. After decades of bitching.
>>
>>47456687
>but limited run

Like how limited?
>>
>>47456655
>who still have money to burn and a bizarre idea of what makes a game of MtG good and I don't think a lot of those exist

But friend you just perfectly described memedern players
>>
>>47456671
besides the polar bear game lacking

this is great

god, I am so happy I preordered a box

there is like 10% cards I would hate to pull
everything else is just sweet playable goodness
>>
>>47456671

I miss the bear but I don't dislike this art.
>>
>>47456730
True. A lot of people who play Modern seem to only play it to complain about Modern, because it isn't as good as Legacy.
>>
>>47456724
"buy it as soon as you can because it'll quickly be gone" limited
>>
They finally designed to errata Winter Orb back to its old functionality. Where does this end though? The only reason shit like Howling Mine was supposedly errata'd was because they actually printed it with the new function.

Are they gonna start errata'ing all old artifacts this way? What about shit that used the Legend as a creature type? When does it end?
>>
>>47456687
ABUR I know, and some other old sets, don't have direct equivalents online. The cards are available, but in online only sets with possible rarity shifts. Main relevant card is Hymn to Tourach, which s only available at uncommon online but was originally a common in paper.
>>
>>47456687
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/casual-related-formats/paper-pauper-and-peasant/177219-casual-paper-pauper-peasant-forum-rules#c16
>>
>>47456655
Oh, I don't see it either, but from a business perspective, it makes a lot of sense. The RL loses a lot of its relevance, and they can come up with a new EMA every couple of years or so to keep people interested in the format, and make a killing in the process. The only downside are the guys with all the duals and of course, the speculators. But the former can play shocklands, and the latter can find other pieces of cardboard to play Warren Buffett make believe.

The format itself is probably not very interesting. But remains mostly the player's problem.
>>
>>47456818

Most of the old artifacts WERE errata'd tho. For instance, at no point were we allowed to use chandelabra of tawnos without having to tap it. Winter orb was just 'we forgot and nobody cared'
>>
>>47456528

Cards that go down are offset by cards that go up. There's not going to be enough of this set to 'crush' value because the only way to permanently crush value is to have it be a large print run. The general consensus is that its going to be the same as MM1 where most things rebound in 6-12 months. However, because people are now anticipating it, the bounce probably happens faster.
>>
>>47456624
I love this guy
>>
>>47456904
Well, not exactly. Sure, all mono artifacts were, but continuous artifacts for the most part escaped errata that deviates from its printed text.

I mean look, of the following 18 cards, only Howling Mine was errata'd. And that was back in 6th Edition where they were completely willing to change what a card does, look at Flying Carpet.

http://magiccards.info/query?q=ct%3Acontinuous+t%3Aartifact&v=card&s=cname

What about those other 16 cards?
>>
>>47456624
Have this guy in my brago commander. He is a based mofo. Btw is this set going to include a promo card in every pack too?
>>
>>47457023
Not to mention a fair few of the MM1 cards that dropped in value went up and settled above whatever they were worth beforehand.
>>
>>47457074

I didn't realize there were that many that werent touched. I'd be interested to see if they errata it all.
>>
>>47457096

For instance, I fully expect FoW to be more expensive in a years time.
>>
File: image.jpg (81 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
81 KB, 312x445
>>47457168
See, but this is a pretty big deviation from their policy of "make the card do what the text says, unless we've since printed a version with new text".

Recently, they tried to errata Reconnaisance to work like it was intended before the way combat phases were divided changed. People got pissy and they changed it back to do what the card says.

Also, cards like this one used to let you turn shit into a Legend, meaning you could eliminate duplicate creatures.

Every little rules change that causes a card to act differently has its own crusader and now they've opened the floodgates by not following a policy.
>>
File: 1461965502057.jpg (31 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
1461965502057.jpg
31 KB, 540x540
>>47456671
aaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>>
>>47457259

Eh, they've had different policies on errata before. It wasn't 'make it do what it says' till recently. This could arguably still fall under 'do what it says' since continuous artifact did have rules baggage. I'd expect clarification in the EMA rules post.
>>
>>47457076
Yes.
>>
MTGO has stopped working altogether with the latest update for me so as much as I'd like to be happy with the pauper reprints.. I'm not.
>>
>>47457633
True. I asked Matt how is gonna determine when "enough is enough". He said "Easy. Enough is enough. :)"

Thanks, Tabak.
>>
>>47456671
because Derevi needed this reprint.

my fuck I hate that deck, its like 12 of this effect and you simply can't destroy them all in time unless the card is a "tap" do it, which are rare as fuck.
>>
File: 157.jpg (73 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
157.jpg
73 KB, 312x445
>>47457076
>Brago
Good taste, but don't forget, you can do one better if you haven't already.
>>
File: dZFScKR.png (181 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
dZFScKR.png
181 KB, 265x370
>>
>>47457912
>having this fuck on the field with a Dead Eye and a Mystic Snake as well in my Roon deck.

make my fucking day, Jew.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWNsTkogfLU
>>
>>47457953

I'll finally be able to get a foil milf of runes
>>
>>47457953
>Mesa Enchantress is uncommon but Mom is rare
WHY
>>
>>47456818
>When does it end?
Hopefully after they let the wish cycle get cards from exile again.
I am so fucking happy.
>>
>>47457953
now they should just get over with it and spoil all the D&T themed shit - especially SFM and Port

is Jitte still possible from number crunch perspective?
>>
>>47458128
One more mythic if what people've said is true. Could be the jitte
>>
>>47458128
>is Jitte still possible from number crunch perspective?
I think there is one Mythic Rare left
So yes, it's possible
>>
File: rorixbladewing.jpg (38 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
rorixbladewing.jpg
38 KB, 265x370
>>47456671
See, I don't get why they pull the "protect limited format" card when trash like this is printed as rare but then go ahead and make that monstrosity in the same slot.
>>
>>47458128
One more mythic, and it is either multicolor or colorless. Not enough cards have been spoiled to be able to numbercrunch it.
>>
>>47458205
Also a very slight chance it could be white if they decide Karakas is taking up a slot as a land instead of white card... or something.
>>
>>47457912
i have both breh
>>
>>47458178
A lot of surprisingly bad cards can be powerful in weird limited formats. This was pretty evident in Vintage Masters.
>>
>>47458255
Have fun casting your 6-drop with WOrb chilling on the battlefield.
>>
>>47455722
It is a price thing, chain lightning is a stupid expensive card for an uncommon, they don't want to tank the price too bad.
>>
>>47455867
Not that guy but would it have killed them to at least pick cards that are somewhat exiting? Something worth 2 dollars instead of a few cents?
>>
>>47458281
>casting
>in a set with Animate Dead at uncommon
>>
File: image.jpg (48 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48 KB, 223x310
Reprint this shit Wizards! Do it!!! I need this in EMA at common
>>
>>47455534
I do play izzet blitz as main in pauper and is the deck i mostly have worked on since i play mtg
i wouldnt want to play efreet tho, terrible card, 4cc makes it unplayable and isnt kinda big of a deal
maybe if active was R instead of 1R but still you wont have that much mana playing ur kiln and you have better stuff against jeskai
>>
>>47454075
Not if Wizards printed enough of them. Supply and demand, bitch
>>
>>47458178
>rorix bladewing is considered trash nowadays

what happened
>>
>>47458505
That won't happen. Ever. They won't just print cards because people want their singles for constructed play.
>>
>>47458638
i hate to say the p word but, powercreep
>>
>>47457953
Sweet. Now I can get this version without feeling like a pleb for using a card from a duel deck.

Here's to hoping for Swords to Plowshares with new art
>>
>>47458128
>Sensei's Divining Top #232
>??? #233
>Winter Orb #234

There is an open slot where Umezawa's Jitte would fit, so it's not impossible.
>>
>>47458805
I don't think they'll reprint Jitte because 'it's broken in limited'
>>
>>47458805
Now I really want Jitte to be in the set
>>47458875
That's why if it is in the set, it will be Mythic Rare
>>
>>47458875
Not if the tools exist to deal with it.
>>
>>47458805
Skullclamp would also fit.
>>
File: 2cool.png (328 KB, 619x530) Image search: [Google]
2cool.png
328 KB, 619x530
>>47458281
>chilling
>>
>>47458805
>>47458923
Or Tanglewire.
>>
File: rishadan_port.jpg (29 KB, 210x300) Image search: [Google]
rishadan_port.jpg
29 KB, 210x300
Any chance for Port left?
>>
>>47459364
The chance still exists.
>>
Baseless speculation:

No P3K reprints this time around to give stores a chance to offload shit like Imperial Seal and Recruiters now that they know a reprint is coming in a year or two
>>
Swords to Plowshares confirmed at uncommon.

Stoneforge Mystic is out. At least the GP Promo is cool.
>>
File: 635998772384480196.jpg (128 KB, 374x512) Image search: [Google]
635998772384480196.jpg
128 KB, 374x512
Swords at uncommon. T Nielsen art
>>
>>47459483
Its a real shame they cant use the original art for this and the Blasts
>>
>>47459364
>Mishra's Factory #242
>Wasteland #248

There are still five slots where Rishada Port could possibly fit.
>>
>>47459539
I'm getting a chubby just thinking about upgrading my D&T to Legacy only with EMA.
>>
File: jgSIfBu.jpg (116 KB, 600x838) Image search: [Google]
jgSIfBu.jpg
116 KB, 600x838
>>
File: C8ZHrC3.jpg (96 KB, 600x838) Image search: [Google]
C8ZHrC3.jpg
96 KB, 600x838
>>
>>47459603
>>47459625
naisu
>>
File: image.jpg (56 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56 KB, 312x445
>>47459625
Damn. I wanted the Drew Tucker art.
>>
>>47459625
Serfs up
>>
>worldgorger is a mythic
AT LEAST ITS NOT COMET STORM!
>>
File: vindicate.jpg (32 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
vindicate.jpg
32 KB, 265x370
>>
Shame that they are using the worst artwork for the Swords to plowshares reprint.
>>
>>47459917
They should have used the Ice Age artwork.
>>
>>47459962
That has a reprint with modern borders. No foil though.
>>
>>47459917

Wat?
>>
>>47459874
So, Millenia Old Vampire Edit?
>>
>>47456671
Daretti. Never forgetti.
>>
>>47455865
>Vintage Masters
Best set never printed. Why does only MTGO get the most based of sets?
>>
>>47460256
Because Reserved List. Just is what it is.
>>
File: 1457915831848.jpg (88 KB, 820x774) Image search: [Google]
1457915831848.jpg
88 KB, 820x774
>Edh/pauper masters is a pretty cool guy
>he reprints 50c jank rares and doesnt afraid of anything
>>
Was hoping for phyrexian alter reprint with ashnods already spoiled. Doesn't really fit into eternal besides commemeder though which is decent since it's quite pricey
>>
I want power 9.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 43

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.