[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm done with this 'muh gate' or 'muh realism'
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
Why can't we have people being actually sensible on both fantasy and modern earth side? by people not being 'chaotic murderous lolrandumb evil empire MUST ENSLAVE INFERIOR RACE XD' or 'muh equal and democratic and totally fair and superior firepower earth.

See, I really want to see a show featuring the both side making diplomatic contact after the initial suprise. And then embassies and stuff. And then non-aggresion pledges. Eventually open boarders and agreements , developement of science and 'magic'(in which the modern side will name it as 'ESP' or some dumb stuff) in a joint effort between empires to lower tebsion and cause SCIENCE, and most importantly:
Culture. Culture spreading and mingling each other. Fantasylanders gaining increased infrastructure(via high-tech roadbuilding. I know, you'd be suprised how much tech goes into architecture) for increased access to remote regions while terrans suddeny gain access to much more of their worlds (via some 'magic' bullshit that makes underwater breathing possible or teleportation to anywhere, icluding space) causing a sudden frontier expansion boom between moder powers, science and magic cross-research and review causing much more efficient production.

Whichresults in following:
>Terrans evovle to spacefareing level of tech, the very beginning of expansion boom
>genereic fantasyland culture recieves a cultural wave and is left in mass distruption due to sudden development and connection to other distant places
>of course there are always evil people.

And during all this bussit going on, the viewpoint of this show focuses on the little people: town guard, a student, housewive, farmer, modern citizen, and others. The viewfocusing on how their life changes, slowly, subtly, but fastter than they expect in a manner they never expected.
>>
>>47442532
>See, I really want to see a show featuring the both side making diplomatic contact after the initial suprise

That's great. You know who would really be interested in this?

>>>/tv/
>>>/a/
>>
>>47442532
Because 90% of this shit is made by HFY people.
>>
All those errors, no wonder you hate realism in science fiction. Also,
>show
>>/tv/
>>
What the fuck are you talking about? Did you forget to take your meds?
Not every setting has to have modern Earth discovering generic fantasy world #351, and that doesn't even count as sci-fi you fucking mong
>>
File: 1459698386241.gif (106 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
1459698386241.gif
106 KB, 512x512
One thing I need to clear
That last part, what I meant is that the show should put the primary focus on the civilians and theri daily lives, instead of miltary. Too mcu shows put focus on cool gunns or majic or shit and it ends up being 'muh guns' 'mug army' nationalisf wnakfest

Good
Now i need to go sleep I'm trashed now bye
>>
>>47442598
muh Outbreak Company.
>>
So what's the point? If there's no conflict, no trouble, not issues AT ALL in this setting, what's the point?
With what can I create a story out of it, if everyone is living in perfect harmony?
What do the PCs have to oppose them?
What do the PCs have to be important in?
Where can you actually PLAY?
>>
>>47442635
Anon, it was specifically said there that there's still shitlers who try to ruin everything for everyone. Plus if you absolutely cannot create an interesting campaingn without MUH RACIAL TENSIONS and MUH EVERYONE IS ASSHOLE you should seriously give up your GMing license.
>>
>>47442711
Barely. Nothing specific about them, because if they actually mattered, there would be elaboration on them. But there isn't. They're there as a pure hindsight point, a footnote.So if they ARE important, then the whole "muh "realistic" alien contact" setting politic becomes irrelevant. Why even have this whole song-and-dance when the end result is exactly the same as any other?

In this setting, there are no problems unique to this story.
>>
We played a game where we were moderns with control of a portal to generic fantasy land. We're peaceful and stuff and made a shitload of money with a trade empire before accidentally letting a high level lich through and having to involve the government.

They didn't start a war either, but we did get in trouble for keeping it secret and enriching ourselves.
>>
>>47442826

Exactly. This isn't a setting or story.

It's Slice of Life.
>>
>>47442532
I kinda want a space soap opera adventure sorta thing. Gimme a campaign like flash gordon or Heman where the science is silly and reality is weird. I want to have spelljammer type ships and have martial classes that use laser swords to fight asteroid aliens and martians with laser guns. I want sorcerers looking to enslave planets to take a staff that'll let them become the most powerful person in the galaxy. I want skeleton powered ships that use oars to fly through the aether of space.
>>
>>47442583
>shit is made by HFY people

Go back to your mom's basement, your chicken tendies are getting cold
>>
>>47442635
>>47442826
look
>>47443453
this guy has the right idea.

>>47443551
>those weak-ass insults
you tried, anon-kun.
>>
>We can't even civilize our own retarded backwater brethren because we might lose control a majority of the magic black water that make most of our technology run
>Think we won't hand over a country to some loser that could potentially give you an advantage over the rest of the world

Protip: If you have magic bullshit that can teleport anywhere you don't need infrastructure since you can just teleport there. Eck you can just teleport WMD giving your enemy no chance to retaliate since no advance warning.
>>
>>47444730
There must have been
some kind of problem holding it back for public use, like power issues, and agreement that made teleportation viable for logistical/travel method. Like supply of reactors and generators. I mean, if they could use it willy nilly without restraint, then OP probably wouldn't have even mentioned infrastructure, since with teleport you can remove so much unwanted bits of infrastructure while retaining functionality.
>>
>>47442826
Dude. Of course it's "only a footnote". Your source material is a single post on an anonymous image board, made by a dude who was basically saying "X does not please me, here is how I'd do it."
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.