[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Horus Heresy General /hhg/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 48
File: image.png (787 KB, 818x546) Image search: [Google]
image.png
787 KB, 818x546
Failed Inflitration Edition
Chainsax: The hills are alive with the sound of murder Sub-Edition
In the previous bread the discussion on clips and magazines from the thread before the last continued on, we talked about the new boxes coming out soon, we made a RG forge lord, an Anon asked what he was in store for when he told us he got a few HH novels, the Iron Warriors's spirit animal was confirmed to be the Honey Badger, an Anon wanted to know the effects of Volkite while another shared with us his dudes, and much more in the old bread >>47413265
Red Book Links:
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww2.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fs15Jqk1t%2Ffile.html
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23!Jx1UGCTI!vMJN89z7p8tiEC7YOAj477g6RxDtJ7culVLF3q3godg
HH Book 6 - Retribution PDF:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/8aqx9j3a8erqv8d/The_Horus_Heresy_Book_6_-_Retribution.pdf or
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fkat.cr%2Fthe-horus-heresy-book-6-retribution-pdf-t12199249.html
HHG FAQ - http://pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016) - http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf
Other official downloads: http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads#horusheresy
HH Rules:
Crusade Army List: http://www.mediafire.com/download/1lprm5vd99yafa3/
Mechanicum Taghmata Army List: https://mega.nz/#!LFwTjQ7B!mF0eVOY8P1MPT0a-QSXypXo_ZfskhYynD41PrkaTbD8
30k/40k Rules: https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!EVh0GZZS
30k/40k Rules and more (torrents): https://kat.cr/usearch/%22Forge%20World%22%20heresy%20user:epistolary/
30k Black Library: https://mega.nz/#F!0RlxDZQC!qAu9BaubWa3KeihJRmOcsg
>>
I just got a Deredeo. It is nice, just an fyi,
>>
>>47441783
What legion?
>>
>>47441800
Iron Warriors, waiting for the etched brass.
>>
File: 1458633623430.jpg (273 KB, 1024x544) Image search: [Google]
1458633623430.jpg
273 KB, 1024x544
Do anyone know how to paint the SoH in a more metallic sea green? Like these Word Bearers but green duh!
every SoH I've seen is either too green or some kind of dull greyish green. Want a SoH army and the lack of solid paint option is stopping me.
Sidenote, is the SoH new RoW good/fun to play with?

Before anyone asks, the word bearers are painted like this:

Grey undercoat
2x coats of Signal red (vallejo air)
Dry brush mithril silver
Baal red wash
Serephim sepia
Nuln oil
Then scratches with mithril
>>
>>47441905
Mix Tamiya Clear Blue & Green until it looks like what you're after, take notes on the ratios. Spray over a medium to dark metallic undercoat, boltgun or its equivalents should be fine.
>>
>>47441937

Who makes those colours? And I guess that metallics are best painted by spraying?
>>
>>47441905
Are you asking about which exact paint to use? You already know the procedure.

It’s tricky because SoH use a green that’s slightly grayish, so you need to mix in some other colors to dull it down. Maybe a little bit of black and tan wash, because I don’t know of any medium gray or white washes. They won’t look right if you use a bright green (with a bit of blue).
>>
>>47442003

Just green and blue will just make them into Alphas, and that is not my intention.
>>
>>47441981
Tamiya is the company. Clear Acrylics is the line. X-## type designations.

If you want a smooth coat, yes, you'll probably want an airbrush. You can make due without one, but it is suboptimal. Several thin coats until you get whatever effect you're after.

I have all the tools for it but ended up doing the one metallic legion that doesn't require all the fancy pants colours.

>>47442026

It's basically the same colors as Alpha Legion but without the layering and a darker basecoat of gunmetal instead of silver.
>>
>>47441819
I will try to use MKII Dread Heads for mine, dislikethat all non legion specific contemptors seem to have MKVII heass.

On that note, I believe the DG contemptor is the best to rework if you want a MKII contemptor base to work on for your legion.

Not much Legion iconography.

Thanks, Mortarion.

>also Dusk Raiders rule.
>>
>>47442066
PS:
Also applies to Leviathans and Deredeos.

Seriously, the MKVII Leviathan heads make me mad.
>>
>>47442066
>>47442089
I think that has more to do with the Contemptors and Leviathans being more advanced than shitty MKII power armour... though the filter still makes no sense on a dread of any kind.

I'm tempted to magnetize the fuck out of mine so the head and torso can swivel, maybe swap the head out with a custom one later but it seems hard to get under the cowl. Not sure where to begin with modding the existing one, but I think I'd actually like a proto-beakie head to go with the advanced anti-air and interceptor stuff, improved sensors and all that.
>>
>>47442133
Raven-dread deserves more bird action too.

I just prefer the more brutal look of MKII on a terran siege engine build witj proscribed tech zo wield horrifying weapons.
>>
The AL guy from the last thread here. I was making an actual loyalist AL company. The fluff for them at the moment is that they were out away from the main legion and knew nothing of Geneviève's plot with Horus. They assumed that nothing galaxy burning was happening at the moment when they rung up Geneviève for sending backup, or that they and the detachment of SA who hung around them would be used in a experiment involving traitor IA and SA with a metric ton of sorcery.
>>
>>47442314
Poor guys.
>>
File: image.jpg (65 KB, 337x498) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65 KB, 337x498
>>47442387
What the ALs and SA assumed was going to be a pleasant evening but the help sent gave signs(edge originating from previously mentioned metric ton of sorcery) that things were going to end badly.
>>
File: file.png (1 MB, 1332x1332) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1 MB, 1332x1332
Here goes baby's first time using resin AND magnetizing.

Wish I'd used stronger magnets, but I'm still pretty happy. The left arm can be swapped to the right and accommodate new weapons.

Is dual kheres at least any good for Zone Mortalis?
>>
>>47443004
Because of the close range and that "+1 to Rend" cold void disaster table, yeah I'd say so.
>>
>>47443004
Not bad looking there, just remember to drill the plastic barrels
>>
>>47441981
Airbrushed metallics will usually look smoother. It’s not critical, though.

Tamiya paints, including the clears, need to be airbrushed. They’re acrylics, but they feel pretty different (for one thing, they have to be thinned with rubbing alcohol, not water). If you don’t have an airbrush, you’re better off playing around with other brand paints.

Obviously they need more green and less blue than Alpha Legion, and as has been said you’d want to use a darker metallic base. But I’m not sure it’ll work well because SoH green has a fair amount of gray in it. That will be hard to get.
>>
File: tat-nipple-gross.jpg (42 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
tat-nipple-gross.jpg
42 KB, 500x375
>>47443004
>those halo skulls
>>
File: file.png (751 KB, 1332x1332) Image search: [Google]
file.png
751 KB, 1332x1332
>>47443381
Oh good catch, those and the smoke pipes.

I'm going to use this egg for an airbrushing class tomorrow, so tonight's my last chance to clean it up.
>>
Lads, I've used a white Tamiya spray paint to basecoat some models and the Citadel paints I'm trying to paint over the top aren't going on very well at all.

I used the TS range, not the enamel aircraft one. The Tamiya website says the TS range allows for acrylics to be painted over the top, so what's going on? Would spraying dullcote over the top of the basecoated models help with applying paint with a brush, or further compound my issues?

Just realised I should post this in /WIP/, but seeing as Tamiya paints have already come up in this thread I'm posting anyway.
>>
>>47444004
They probably mean Tamiya acrylics can be sprayed over it... not quite the same thing. I agree with the dullcoat idea.

I'd probably try soapy water first, but that's irrational - I can't think of why that would work.
>>
>>47443550
My eyes why? Fulgrim, stop taking pictures of yourself.
>>
File: Catachan Devil.png (303 KB, 242x510) Image search: [Google]
Catachan Devil.png
303 KB, 242x510
>>47422097
Guess what I found, fampai? Doesn't quite answers whether it was settled or not (like Murder), but it had been discovered no doubt
>>
>>47434633
>Only thing I am doubtfull about is the High champion thing. It is similar to Marneus Calgar being the Spiritual Liege of all SM, since it raises your guy up by making others smaller.
The main reason I made him the High Champion is in order to justify having Palatine Blades out the ass, plus his rules certainly fit one of or perhaps the best swordsman in the legion (WS 7, +1 WS for unit on the charge, as well as LA rules giving +1 I on charges and +1 I in assaults, as well as a sonic shrieker) being WS 8, I 7 on the charge in a challenge while dragging praetors down to WS 5 (not that that matters) and more importantly regular marines down to WS 3 meaning that they only hit him on a 5+.

My main thoughts on him was that he really was one if not the best warrior in the entire legion, a skilled swordsman, unarmed fighter, and marksman but as I stated a garbage commander. There are certainly members of the legion who could match him in a duel and perhaps even beat him depending on who is luckier but many of them might not be members of the Palatine Blades or due to legion traditions might hold mutually exclusive titles (eg. perhaps in order to avoid one guy being champion of everything, Legion Champion, Champion of the First Millennial, Champion of the First Company, High Champion of the Phoenix Guard, and High Champion of the Palatine Blades are all filled by different individuals). Plus there is the possibility that legion rank would inhibit rank in the order (since Palatines sometimes fight as a single unit a Lord Commander can't lead the Palatine Blades as he has a millennial to lead).

As for being the spiritual liege, it isn't my intention, he is a great fighter but a garbage commander so while the rank and file might look up to him the senior officers probably regard him as a dangerous retard.
>>
>>47444689
I have a feeling that the Catachans were already there. Whether or not the Emperor proved he could survive in the jungles, or changed the place like Talos did for the Red Legions is the question.
>>
>>47445070
>like Talos did for the Red Legions
this and CHIM getting random mentions in these threads makes me think someone just discovered there were other Elder Scrolls games than Skyrim.
>>
File: somon.png (935 KB, 436x906) Image search: [Google]
somon.png
935 KB, 436x906
>>47444984
>Champion of the Order of Champions
>WS8 I7
>His WS5 Phoenix bodyguards fight as good as Praetors
Space marines can bench press a car and dismember people as if they were made of playdough. This character does make sense.
>>
Posting contemptors. I'll eventually have one for each of the 18 legions (just assume the White Scars guy is a Terran).
>>
File: image.jpg (252 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
252 KB, 960x1280
>>47445559
>mfw
Too small and cute for me.
>>
>>47445517
>His WS5 Phoenix bodyguards fight as good as Praetors
>Have him and his palatine blades followed by two champions with Phoenix Spears everyone gets shriekers
7 WS 8, Str 5, AP 2 attacks (I 6 or 7)
8 WS 7, Str 5, AP 2 attacks (I 6)
30 WS 6, Str 5, AP 2 attacls (I 5)
Opponents have -1 WS (if they aren't fearless)
Everyone short of a primarch, Sigismund, and a few others are getting hit on a 3+, both the champions and the praetor get hit by marines on a 5+.
>>
>>47445559
where did you get those?
>>
>>47445834
Looks like old Epic dreads.
>>
>>47445834
eBay. They're from the 2nd edition of Epic. Early '90s.
>>
File: IMG_1035.jpg (132 KB, 847x1024) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1035.jpg
132 KB, 847x1024
>>47445559
Man, I want to convert my contemptor to have a stubbier and beefier assault cannon. Wonder which assault cannon would fit the kheres best...
>>
Would every Dreadnought/infantry unit have the legion-specific upgrades? If not, how would they be distributed? Just by whoever happens to receive them?
>>
Do dreadnauts benefit from LA? I dont have a copy of the book around
>>
File: Untitled.png (903 KB, 960x752) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
903 KB, 960x752
Your favorite primarch enters the world of the last non-/tg/ thing you read/watched/played. What happens?
>>
>>47447208
Fulgrim

Steven Universe

Well it isnt like it could get gayer

Alternatively, Farscape. He would probably do pretty well. But there arent a lot of situations a Primarch couldn't strive in, I think that was kind of the point when they were made.
>>
>>47447205
No.

>>47446768
What?
>>
>>47447208
>Fulgrim
>CSGO
Sounds like a neat game mode honestly. One primarch who is nearly impossible to kill and is super fast with a one hit kill knife with extended reach. Everyone else has to try and kill them.
>>
>>47447261
>What?

Forgeworld sells those Legion-specific Contemptor Dreads, helmets, pauldrons, etc. In-universe, is every marine equipped with their legion-specific armor/are all Contemptors fashioned as the legion-specific dreads? Or is there some that just never got the good stuff? That mostly applies to helmets and torsos, the pauldrons are just affixed with logos.
>>
>>47447281
>There will never be a game where you play as a primarch

A Dynasty Warriors knock off would be perfect.
>>
>>47447250
Of course primarchs do well in most things. The question is more about what, specifically, they do.

Also
>Steven Universe
Fuck you
>>
>>47447208
Magnus the Red shows up in The 4400? Hell, it'd be actually appropriate.
>>
>>47447208
>Papa Sang
>last thing I played was TF2
>currently watching Fright Night
I don't know what could be worse.
>>
>>47447208
>Perturabo
>Pacific Rim

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jz8c17upEwM
>>
>>47447296
Oh I thought you meant rules upgrades. My thoughts are that it depends. While all EC wear the aquila for example, not all of them had Mk IV which the EC special armour clearly is, so not all of them would use that exact armour. Likewise the Phonecian Pattern Helmet (EC special helmet) is mentioned in one of the books (I have no clue which one) as being given as a reward for exemplary service or something.

Likewise dreads probably don't all have extremely fancy or highly modified suits of dreadnought armour, some contemptors could have been thrown in a suit straight from Mars (the generic contemptor dreadnought).
>>
>>47447208
Rog Dorn
Sim brothel
No one will enter my whore house now!
>>
>>47447513
But how will you get new sluts?
>>
>>47447513
Or you whorehouse is now a BDSM dungeon with well trained stoic slaves.
>>
>>47447208
Dorn
EU4-Mayan empire game
Well, the europeans arrive in like ten years to find nothing but a wall, from canada to argentina, three hundred meters high.
>>
>>47447513
>>47447586
Why not both?

You now run the most fortified BDSM dungeon in the galaxy.
At least, until the Iron Warriors show up.
>>
>>47447619
>Iron Warriors

Would they be the busted whores that jew you out of your money but are willing to do anything which also makes them a bitter bunch of cunts?
>>
>>47447711
They'd be regular whores, except dat pussy is actually a bomb
>>
File: Admirable, but mistaken.png (626 KB, 977x670) Image search: [Google]
Admirable, but mistaken.png
626 KB, 977x670
>>47446762
>Red-colored oaths of moment
mfw
>>
>>47447953
Red sealing was was out.

This isn't 30k, the Ecclesiarchy isn't going to excommunicate you for doing it wrong.
>>
>>47447208
What's Alpharius'?

>Mortarion in SCP
>Makes friends with SCP-076 Able, he's the only one that can keep up with him. They drink The Cups together.
>Can't be contained because he walks through walls, like a b̶e̶t̶t̶e̶r WORSE smelling Radical Larry, with even LESS sense of humour.
>Due to his bad sight, his driving skills are on par with SCP-666J 's.
>As in, he drives just as BAD.

The other thing I watched was Dredd (2011), but I don't know whether or not it would be better off with or without Perturabo.
>>
File: yfw you've seen enough daemon.png (52 KB, 545x574) Image search: [Google]
yfw you've seen enough daemon.png
52 KB, 545x574
>>47448065
>This isn't 30k, the Ecclesiarchy isn't going to excommunicate you for doing it wrong.
>30k
>Ecclesiarchy
>>
File: alpha legion.png (469 KB, 642x414) Image search: [Google]
alpha legion.png
469 KB, 642x414
>>47448086
>>
>>47447208
>>47447602
Funny. The last non-/tg/ vidya I playes was Age of Empires.

I'd be fun having Perturabo testing the frailty of those walls.

>A billion spearmen as cannon fodder, just because they're cheap.
>>
>>47448099
Yes. It's 30k and the Ecclesiarchy does not exist. What's the problem? People aren't religious nor superstitious about shit and things aren't done the same, ineffective way because that's the way it's always been done / this document says it's the right way to do it.
>>
File: windows vista cogitator.jpg (166 KB, 466x624) Image search: [Google]
windows vista cogitator.jpg
166 KB, 466x624
>>47448198
>People aren't religious nor superstitious about shit and things aren't done the same, ineffective way because that's the way it's always been done / this document says it's the right way to do it.
>Suddenly, Adeptus Mechanicus
>>
>>47448198
The post said this isn't 30k. That's what got my attention. An error I know but one that I pointed out.
>>
>>47447208
>Lion El'Jonson
>Grimm
Eh, kills monsters and writes books about how he cuts their heads off.
>>
>>47447208
Post-heresy Fulgrim in Taimanin Asagi.

And nothing was changed at all.
>>
>>47448242
>Suddenly, Adeptus Mechanicus

Not 30k either.
>>
>>47447208
>Sanguinius
>Enters the E3 footage for Mount & Blade: Bannerlord
>Game is released next Tuesday and is so good it sparks the creation of a cult that brings about world peace
>too pure
>>
>>47448191
pls, a billion spearmen is nothing to a perfect 6X12/4/4 combi-blob waiting across a river on a mountain. Throw your spearmen against the wall and let the attrition kill them all
>>
>>47448479
Sorry, I can't hear you over loyalty being its own reward.
>>
>>47448622
Okay, in that case, prove your loyalty by killing yourself.
>>
>>47445559
I want
>>
>>47445517
This character is rocking close to Primarch level stats and is thus another bs spechul snowflake.
>>
File: It has Expanded.gif (2 MB, 300x223) Image search: [Google]
It has Expanded.gif
2 MB, 300x223
>>47448504
>mfw
>>
>>47448416
Nigga, the Mechanicum has been around since before the Age of Strife. Even before the unification, Mars had already terraformed and nuked itself back to inhospitable desert.
>>47448576
They're a distraction, playing the game of "show the enemy's formations". But srsly, how are you using combi-weapons in Age of Empires?
>Howdoyouturnthison
nevermind
>>47448738
He's a marine that killed an unarmoured T3 human non-combatant. Hardly anything special
>>
>>47448875
Nigga, Adeptus Mechanicus is not Mechanicum anymore than Space Marine legions are Space Marine chapters.

And if Mechanicum was so dogmatic, how is it that they were crazy about inventing new stuff all through Unification Wars, Great Crusade and Horus Heresy, but Admech can't do shit?
>>
Where can I teach myself the Nostraman language
>>
File: everything is DAoT.png (209 KB, 222x386) Image search: [Google]
everything is DAoT.png
209 KB, 222x386
>>47449022
The Legiones Astartes were already divided in chapters, the Codex tweaked some formations a bit and made it illegal to have more than one chapter under the command of a single supreme commander
Unless you're the SW
Or the BT
Or secretly all your chapters high command communicate with each other and keep acting as a legion, like DA
Or you have several chapters you could call at any moment, like UM

Were the AdMech imposed such restrictions, especially since the Forgeworlds barely reported to Mars, much less to the space marines, and had several autonomous forces like the Ordo Reductor, who still are pretty much independent warbands that govern themselves.

So no, they kept on doing the same.

>And if Mechanicum was so dogmatic, how is it that they were crazy about inventing new stuff all through Unification Wars, Great Crusade and Horus Heresy, but Admech can't do shit?
>Ignores Centurion suits, AA Rhinos, new LR patterns, etc.

>>47449100
On the Event Horizon

30k's AdMech seldom invented new shit, they merely re-discovered them from liberated worlds.
Except Cybernetica, but that has always been considered pseudo-heresy, but it only helped that Kelbor was a heretek himself.
AdMech can't do shit because the Imperium isn't expanding anymore, only holding ground. It expanded the most from M32 to M35, but that hasn't been depicted, and I'd assume they discovered lots of stuff, but it's not mass produced because:

A) They are even more kept to themselves than before the heresy

B) Their manufacturing capabilities never recovered. On Mars alone both Volkite and Heavy 4 Predator autocannons were lost
>>
Alright HHG, help me take out a mechanicum faggot. I play Night Lords. What units should I take to make a Ordo Cybernetica.
>>
>>47449622
Make your models so edgy that it makes laugh until he nearly dies from laughter.
>>
>>47449647
>makes him or her
I forgot to add.
>>
>>47448875
Talking about anons "Champion of the Order of Champions EC self insert
>>
>>47449290
you're forgetting exploritor fleets, and exploritors connected to rogue traders.

And the Admech is doing shit in that they're trying to keep things running, better understand what they have, and figure out how to make that shit work without some of the things that are gone, running out, breaking down etc.

And some do still occassionally invent a new thing. Or at least better versions, or new ways of making something like the better things that used to be around. At least if you follow the stuff in FFG rpgs.
>>
Made some changes to the the Fists/Knights list, figured I should drop a Tactical Squad and add in a deep striking Cataphractii Suicide Squad instead. Going against a friend playing an Eldar list on Sunday...any tips welcome!

Imperial Fists:

HQ:
- Sigismund, no RoW, 230 pts

Troops:
- 5 x Templar Brethren, 5 x Shields, 1 x Solarite Gauntley, LR Phobos, 460 pts
- 10 x Tactical Squad, Vexilla, Sergeant with AA, Rhino, 205 pts

Elites:
- 5 x Cataphractii Terminators, 5 Combi-Weapons, 4 Power Fists, 1 Chainfist, Teleportation Transponder, 255 pts

Heavy Support:
- 1 x Vindicator, Machine Spirit, 145 pts

Questoris Knights Detachment:

HQ:
- Lord Scion, Knight Warden, Thunderstrike Gauntlet, 410 pts

Troops:
- Scion Aspirant, Knight Gallant, Melta Gun, 295 pts
>>
File: Leman Russ.png (1 MB, 1051x685) Image search: [Google]
Leman Russ.png
1 MB, 1051x685
Can you guys guess the retcons in this book?
>>
File: Angron portrait.jpg (426 KB, 1024x1410) Image search: [Google]
Angron portrait.jpg
426 KB, 1024x1410
>>47450609
Fuck these pleb primarchs, give me one that is actually interesting. After his few short stories and betrayer I cant wait for an Angron book.

>>InBf4ItsTheNightOfTheWolf...
>>
>>47450609
Hopefully fairly few.

>Guy insults Russ
>Russ is all I'mma take his head
>Lion strategic geniuses the campaign over
>Russ starts shit
>Three days of shit commence
>A thread on /k/ celebrates the horrific enormity of said shit
>Russ reads the thread and cracks up
>Lion punches him in the face and leaves
>Russ is pissy
>>
>>47450609
Russ's side of the story is the worse side to tell by far. Its going to be him all edgy and upset and we miss the motivations of the Lion when he say Russ' laugh and first blow as treacherous, the only part that matters.

Fuck what a waste...
>>
>>47448416
Eh. It got renamed from Mechanicum but didn't really change.
>>
>>47450824
Autistic people make poor PoV characters.
>>
>>47445559
Cute.
>>
>>47450584
Holy shit, it's 2000 points by the way, I need to stop thinking about 30k and fucking sleep once in a while.
>>
>>47448738
To be fair he was made using the FW character rules and doesn't have eternal warrior. When you consider that WS 8 vs 5 is no different in game terms than WS 7 vs 6 he doesn't seem that bad. If he doesn't kill his opponent outright than he will almost certainly die when his opponent just punches him in the face with a hammer.
>>
>>47441752
Hey guys.

I heard about this Lord of War specific force organisation chart that allows you to bring them at lower point games.

I am thinking about doing an IH company of bitter Iron thing and put 40 HATE-ing, stubborn in the enemie's deployment zone Medusan Immortals with Volkites into a mastodon and just drive towards the enemy.

It seems rather fluffy and incorporates some of my favourite minis, but wouldn't it be horribly cheesy?

I just like big squads and big tanks and the Mastodon is way cooler than two tricked out spartans carrying each squad since it has some Anti Air too.

Yay or Nay?

Cheesy or tolerable?

Please help.
>>
>>47451591
PS:

It would also be 2k points.
two squads and the Mastodon would average out on 1700-1800 points.
>>
What's the worst thing you could face in a 2500 pts game?

A Flare shielded spartan filled with Deathshroud? 6 grav Contemptors outflanking on turn two?
>>
>>47442314
>>47442556
Can I go on? Any advice, guys?
>>
>>47452326
Advice how? It's your story. Pretty much whatever you want goes. So, a few of them get possessed and the rest flee?
>>
>>47451967
I'd personally consider it super cheese but would still probably play it a couple not times for a laugh. As long as you don't bring it to the table every game then I'd be fine. You could do the same with Spartans and deredeos
>>
>>47452346
I guess possession could happen. Thanks.
>>
>>47447208
>Perturabo
>Tiny Equine show
Well, he's autistic enough to enjoy it.
>>
>>47452260
Depends on what your army is. If you have three max size FNP World Eaters at your front line and three podded dreadnoughts in your back, thats pretty damn bad. If you have Justaerin termicide and Horus up in your grill, thats also bad. Scoria catching your anything is fucking awful. As far as the worst, probably a Flare shielded Spartan full of terminators and a primarch is the worst you'll see, but i have seen a guy who spams four blobs of cheap-ass servitor things bubblewrapping a double-laser Warhound, supported by piles of Krios and those CC jetpack guys
>>
>>47451967
You only get one force organisation chart.
>>
>>47452357
Totally understandable, the void shields alone....

>>47452559
That is what I am talking about, this whacky LOW leviathan organisation thing plus a rite of war.
>>
>>47452663
I meant, your army can only be one detachment.
>>
>>47452663
RoWs are available to the regular FOC only. The leviathan foc needs your opponent's consent. But you could gentkeman-agree it, since the leviathan foc is pretty much meant for "I dare you" games
>>
>>47452697
Yes, I know that.

>As long as it is not allied, but no self allying.

I did not try to talk about cobbling together detachments.
>>
>>47452721
>>47452697
>>47452711

Oh, sorry.

Thank you.
>>
>>47452527
I see. I guess that Lascannon pest-removal Iron Havoc squad is a must-have
>>
>>47452732
ALTHOUGH, Leviathan detachments do get the option of bringing allies, and RoWs can indeed function when taken as allies. As for whether or not the allied force counts as units of the same faction instead of merely Sworn Brothers ("not even Sworn Brothers can embark in allied transport vehicles"), that's the fine print, and whoever accepted to play against your Leviathan FOC will surely accept the allies be embarked inside it.

TL;DR: Talk with your opponent first.
>>
>>47452810
But no RoW with leviathan, so the plan for a mastodon and Company of Bitter Iron is a no no
>>
>>47452842
Thats a bit lame, if I wanted to cheese I would just spam spartans with them...or just tac swuads that are better in cc.

Will try making company of bitter iron with a mastodon for 3k points.

Two 20man Medusan Immortals should be acceptable as troops.
>>
>>47447208
>Alpharius
>WWE
So basically Randy Orton but the RKO actually happens out of nowhere, instead of it being incredibly telegraphed and us being told it happened out of nowhere.
>>
>>47452904
>>47452842
If your opponent is willing to play against a leviathan Detachment then they probably wouldn't be too against allowing you to use a RoW. I'd let you at least
>>
>>47453304
Good to hear, its still sad that big tanks and such might be to competetive ecen though its fluffy as fuck for IH.

World Eaters don't have that problem...well they can if they have to many spartans.
>>
File: 1455440532039.jpg (137 KB, 1600x896) Image search: [Google]
1455440532039.jpg
137 KB, 1600x896
So, what bolter pattern does /hhg/ like best?

http://www.strawpoll.me/10315516
>>
>>47452754
My Havocs are 6 missile launchers, 3 lascannons. I've found that mix to give a lot of flexibility, without killing the points cost too much.
>>
>>47453651
i like how nobody votes Tigrus. Before BaC, that would have been pretty high up there.
>>
>>47453651
I love me some Phobos.
>>
>>47453875
im voting tigrus now just to spite you
>>
>>47453875
Would it really? It's not as old skool as the Umbra, big and meaty like the Phobos or familiar like the Godwyn.

It's not bad, but it's not great either. I still kind of like it, just not as much as Umbra or Phobos.
>>
Question:

In the Iron Wing rules it states that all infantry must start the game in a tank, so does that mean that Praevians, who must be attached to robots who can't enter transports, cannot be taken?
>>
>>47454085
I think so. It gets the nostalgia vote from me for looking like the old second edition bolters.
>>
>>47454108
Yes
>>
>>47453651
>no umbra-ferrox

Best bolter pattern right there
>>
>>47454108
>>47454250
Dark angel RoWs are made for power, not flexibility.
>>
>>47454144
But they're hardly alike at all, if anything the Phobos bolter looks like the 2nd ed one with the fat sickle mag, though I'm pretty sure that is its own pattern - I just can't remember the name. Might have it in the old 3rd ed books somewhere.
>>
230-Siggy

430-Templar Brethren with power fist in a Phobos

180-Contemptor-Mortis with dual Kheres
180-Contemptor-Mortis with dual Kheres
120-3 Quad HB Rapiers

285-Heavy Support, Autocannons
285-Heavy Support, Autocannons

I could run this with a minimum of proxying, but should i? Would you play against it?
>>
>>47454589
Turn one of those Templar units into a command squad with Ap2 stuff to roll with.
>>
>>47454589
I wouldn't want to play against it.

Probably still would.

Going to have a real hard time getting rid of all the Land Raiders with what I have in my army. Scariest would be a Shadowsword and a block of Havocs.
>>
>>47447208
Rowboat in Arrested Development? The banana stand would be making millions!
>>
>>47453651
Godwyn is as boring and overused as Mk7, Umbra looks like a shitty AK-47, Phobos only looks good alongside Mk2-3, Tigrus looks best overall.
>>
>>47454589
Do you play against footslogging horde armies only? You have nothing in the way of serious anti-tank. No armourbane, no S10, no haywire. At 3000 points AV15 can turn up enough masse.

Also your anti-air is kinda mediocre and you have no way of dealing with a proper deathstar.
>>
>>47454282
Just like the Legion themselves.

>>47455104
>Godwyn is as boring and overused as Mk7
MkVII is best chest piece though.
>>
Iron Within, Iron Without!

>Praetor
Terminator Armour
Warsmith
Cortex Controller
Chainfist

>Iron Circle Automata x2

>Tactical Squad x15

>Tactical Squad x15

>Iron Havocs x10
missile launchers x10
Rhino

>Vindicator
Extra armour

>>
>>47455104
>>47455302
Marine in MkIII wielding an Umbra-Ferrox bolter. Doesn't get any better than that.
>>
>>47455475
But that's not MKV anon, so how could it be the best?
>>
How would you make WS and BA more psyker friendly?

>>47455509
MkV is for people who the Primarch forgot about.
>>
>>47455509
What's this fascination of yours with exposed cables and studded crotchs?
>>
>>47455319
What RoW is this? Hammer of Olympia I'm guessing?

But anyway see if you can add a little more points, HH doesn't really play all that well below 1750 points I've found. Unless you're playing Zone Mortalis. Which you should. Because it's good.
>>
>>47455607
Gotta have that added dick protection

>>47455601
>needing a primarch
>not carving out your own empire amidst the chaos of the heresy

Do you even blackshield?
>>
>>47455601
We give the Scars a helmet that plugs into the Librarian's bike, and let's his psychic might power the bike. As for Bangles we give them that one power I made up in that thread. The BRRRTTTT one. Now they can have megadakka and actual mind bullets.
>>47455607
Not him but Mk5 doesn't have to studs and exposed cables.
>>
>>47455601
Maybe give WS stormseers as a replacement for librarians? Not sure how they'd be different, but it's certainly true to the fluff. Maybe have them as a necessary choice for a RoW?

Honestly not sure about the Bangles, the only way I can think of is again adding them as a necessary choice for a RoW
>>
>>47455672
>Not him but Mk5 doesn't have to studs and exposed cables

And here we go with the production vs non-production MkV argument again
>>
>>47455672
On threads past an anon posted a fairly good analysis on what made Mkv different from battle-scavenged armour.
Of all Mkv examples, only one caracteristic was always present in all examples: the Studded Crotch.
As in, it was more prevalent than even studded pauldrons.
>>
>>47455744
I don't mean to start anything up.
>>47455745
I forgot.
>>
>>47455786
It's alright, a simple comment like that won't start a war. Bringing up something like how World Eaters get free chainaxes is how you start a war.
>>
File: image.jpg (47 KB, 800x1291) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47 KB, 800x1291
>>47455799
Anon, that's some dangerous talk right there.
>>
>>47455799
I'd post my AL geometry pics to denounce this Aloha serf trying to destabilize our world...but I'm on the phone.
I'm on to you, Alphareeple
>>
>>47455852
We really need to move onto a different class. Iron Hand Linguistics anyone?
>>
>>47455615
No RoW, I wasn't too keen on the restrictions I faced. Am I hamstringing myself by not taking one?
>>
>>47455875
Feels as forced as their attached Imperial army assets
>>
>>47455929
That's more or less fitting.
>>
>>47455921
You're not hamstringing yourself per say, but you are missing out on a lot of sweet bonuses for little trade off at times. And not mention RoW's usually add a little flavour to an army, making them different to every other army to get over the "all marines, all the time" monotony.

But then again they are your dudes, and I'm an anonymous stranger on the internet, so it's up to you.
>>
>>47455946
You know, I think it was the Wolves the ones that had the linguistics class. So, IH would be bodybuilding? As in literal bodybuilding, because the flesh is weak
>>
>>47456285
Last time I checked Leman had economics while his legion tackled linguistics.
>>
>>47455659
>Do you even blackshield?
No, no I don't
>>
>>47441752
What brand of cereal do you think each Primarch ate?
>>
>>47456285
But I thought Russ was a PE teacher?
>>
>>47456479
That was Angron.
>>
>>47443550
Craig?
>>
>>47447208
Dorn catches a lot of fish
>>
How would you outfit Cataphractii Terminators from the BaC set? I'm thinking of using 5 of them with my Imperial Fists and having them deep strike with combi-plasmas...does anybody have a good/bad experience with that?
>>
>>47456657
Combi-plas is great, but it depends on your list. Sometimes it’s best to keep them cheap to keep numbers up, especially since Fists like bolters.
>>
>>47456508
What is Russ though?

Douchy I am one of you, kids cool politics teacher?
>>
Can't find the 40kg so I'll crash here.

Should I make some alpha legion dudes?

Can I use solar auxilia in 40k?
>>
>>47456894
Originally no. I think it would play out interestingly, but now your description fits.
>>47456927
You're in the right place. I don't see why you would not be allowed to use the SA in 40k. Just call them Scions and call it a day.
>>
>>47456927
>Should I make some alpha legion dudes?
No, you should make dudes of another legion, use AL rules and don't tell your opponent until SUDDENLY ALPHARIUS.
>>
File: the union forever.jpg (570 KB, 738x1070) Image search: [Google]
the union forever.jpg
570 KB, 738x1070
I was reading how the Dark Angels crushed traitor world after world in the southern galactic zone and all I could think of was Sherman's march to the seas except less useful I guess, so I made this:

Bring the good old nuncio, boys, we'll sing another song;
Sing it with a spirit that does start Imperiums along,
Sing it as we used to sing it, fifty thousand strong,
While we were marching from Terra.

(Chorus)
Hurrah! Hurrah! We bring the jubilee!
Hurrah! Hurrah! These wings that makes you free!
So we sang the chorus from Cadia to the Cyrene,

There were many Imperial men who wept with joyful tears,
When they saw the honored palatine they had not seen for years;
Hardly could they be restrained from breaking forth in cheers,
While we were marching from Terra .

(Chorus)

So we made a thoroughfare for Loyalty and her train,
Sixty systems in latitude, three hundred to the main;
Treason fled before us, for resistance was in vain,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTjxqZWWmgc
>>
>>47457035
i would actually LOVE to do that for a campaign once.

Silently paint your AL guys up, only talk about on anonymous message boards and surprise people with the revelation.

>Superior geometry.

Of course the organiser would have to agree, but if you play shadow war etc it should not be a problem.
>>
Now that I think about it just what would classify as a metric ton of sorcery? Magnus's early morning exercises, or enough to cause visable and horrific mutations?
>>47457060
Nice.
>>
>>47457083
On that note, if you have a sarge sarge slug out with power fists..should one go for the dagger instead?

Should one drop the fist completely and go for only a dagger since its really nasty for the points cost?
>>
>>47457035
I've thought about doing this sometimes. Talk about my WE for a while, make everyone think I'm playing them...then, suddenly mid-game, out pops Alpharius. Nope, I've been playin Alpha Legion this whole time. Never even liked WE. The long game.
>>
>>47457314
The dagger is mostly there for +1 attack when paired with another weapon.
They can pose a nasty surprise to a PA character who assumed you'd go for a AP2 unwieldy weapon and decided to save 10 pts.
>>
>>47457444
thats what I was thinking.

But, yeah...power axe/fist+dagger sounds really nice.
>>
>>47457425
Considering WE barely have a LA rule they're probably the easiest legion to pose as.
>>
>>47457425
They are known to wear all kinds of colours, so its easy to pull of.
>>
>>47455104
How many 30k armies have you seen using the Godwyn? Because I haven't seen many, if any. Mostly people putting CSM bolters on their loyalty deficient legions.

Me, I went full on Godwyn, because I decided to think different. Also, because .75 caliber beats .70 and .60 of the Umbra and Tigrus.
>>
File: 99560102188_CalasTyphon01.jpg (43 KB, 600x620) Image search: [Google]
99560102188_CalasTyphon01.jpg
43 KB, 600x620
quick death guard question for all you death guardy people out there
what have people had a better time doing with this guy? attaching to deathshroud squad or attaching to grave warden squad?
>>
>>47449290
>40k SM chapters are just small 30k legions

Right.

>Ignores Centurion suits

Based on a found STC.

>AA Rhinos

At least the stalker was based on an STC.

>new LR patterns

Crusader was made by the BT, Redeemer by the Salamanders.

Meanwhile mechanicum made all the terminator suits, power armour marks, took a design for grav plates and build a whole vehicle around it, etc.
>>
>>47447208
Magnus The Red

Mass Effect

I think he'd be happy.
>>
>>47458021
>Oh no the reapers are coming I better warn the council
>Open a portal right to citadel for the reapers to flood into
>>
So just out of interest, what models or features would people use assuming no budget concerns and no rules concerns? Completely for the purpose of building awesome looking armies.

My vote definitely goes to the rotor cannon. I just think both versions look so awesome.
>>
>>47458118
Stormbird.
Because fuck it, Stormbird.
>>
>>47453651
U M B R A
M
B
R
A
>>
File: Stormbird.jpg (116 KB, 800x550) Image search: [Google]
Stormbird.jpg
116 KB, 800x550
>>47458118
>>47458145

Agree on the Stormbird...if we get the cool round stormbird one day for the price of a manta!!!

I like the Mastodon as it is.

Give me more treads to crush my enemies beneath, please.
>>
>>47441752
I love it when my Sound of Music jokes are appreciated.
>>
File: Suddenly Daemons.gif (1 MB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
Suddenly Daemons.gif
1 MB, 300x168
>>47458092
[suddenly reapers]
>>
>>47458118
All the Deimos-pattern predators.
All of them.
Like two dozen.
>>
File: 9DMkpVb.png (1 MB, 1332x1332) Image search: [Google]
9DMkpVb.png
1 MB, 1332x1332
I tried t paint a Thousand Son and instead I got this daemonic worshiping Word Bearer. Fucking shit.
>>
>>47458118
Dual Storm Cannon Leviathan Dreads and Phoenix Guard. Yes FW 265 points for five one wound models with AP 2 only when they charge is totally a fair price.
>>
>>47458411
They are pretty enough, so its an even trade.
>>
>>47458404
Looks fine, imo. What did you use as a basecoat?
>>
File: ErebusKorPhaeron.png (643 KB, 949x650) Image search: [Google]
ErebusKorPhaeron.png
643 KB, 949x650
Are Erebus, Kor Phaeron and Lorgar basically to blame for everything?
>>
Is there any rule that your allied detachment can't have more points than your primary one? So like could I take 700 points of Questoris Knights and a 1300 pt allied detachment
>>
>>47458463
I started from Vallejo Metal Color Gunmetal as a base, went up to MC Duraluminium, and finished with Aluminium.

That was my second time ever using an airbrush and I pretty much covered most of the gunmetal, so the model lacks a lot of contrast. Next time I'd start at Duraluminium and reverse shade it.
>>
File: Kyr.jpg (169 KB, 584x783) Image search: [Google]
Kyr.jpg
169 KB, 584x783
>>47458118

A specially constructed table, build to specifications such that there is absolutely no cover for the enemy with an endless sea of bunkers, Trenches and tank traps and barbed wire.

onto this table i'd bring enough Artillery to make a WWI French Corps commander jealous.
>>
>>47458478

Just about. I mean, we'd probably have seen a Chaos Fueled revolt sooner or later, but probably with fewer legions. And Who knows what the fuck Logar would have done after being talked down by Daddy if those two had crashed on a shuttle during the Crusade.
>>
>>47458494
For Thousand Sons I might’ve tried painting the clear red over gold. Car modelers often do it, and it doesn’t result in orange as you might fear – you get a very rich red.
>>
File: Ferrus_Manus_sketch.jpg (364 KB, 1033x726) Image search: [Google]
Ferrus_Manus_sketch.jpg
364 KB, 1033x726
>>47458478
Yes, besides everyone allowing them to suceed due to WEAKNESS.

>FUCKING NORMIES!
>>
>>47457876
Calas is best served in a another cataphractii unit, like the grave warden, who also have that terminator type by default. Deathhroud are another terminator type which can sweep, Calas & wardens cant.
>>
>>47458528
Next model I'll try FW's Angron Red which is a bit lighter than Tamiya's Clear Red.

And if I'm still not happy, I'll give the gold a shot.
>>
>>47458526
Probably would have developed his own corps of iterators and become very good at using them/leaving them behind and build the cathedral of secular truth.
>>
>>47458478
Yes, and never forget it.
>>
>>47458480
My god man, just play your Imperial Fists and Knights army.
>>
>>47458582
Not him, but overthinking is easier than sitting down and going to work.

if you actually started building you could fuck up!
>>
File: MAKE THE IMPERIUM GREAT AGAIN.jpg (3 MB, 2500x1666) Image search: [Google]
MAKE THE IMPERIUM GREAT AGAIN.jpg
3 MB, 2500x1666
>>47458478
NOPE, EVERYTHING IS MAGNUS' FAULT.
>>
>>47458478
Not necessarily. Perturabo could see the Eye of Terror. Magnus was going to dig too far into the warp at some point. Angron was angry, and the Emperor’s Children were always likely to go nuts. Horus was prideful, and the Emperor was careless. That’s not even going into which primarchs hated each other. It was never a stable situation.

But it would’ve taken longer. I’m not sure it matters if one side would’ve been smaller than the other; the eventual traitors could always plan surprise attacks similar to Istvaan V or Calth to make up for it.

Consider the Emperor’s long-term plans to wipe out all use of the warp. The Thousand Sons would never have stood for it, and Sanginius and Jaghatai Khan wouldn’t have liked it either. Emps apparently wanted to sit Magnus on a throne for all eternity (Path of Heaven), which sounds like imprisonment. And a lot of the Astartes were scared of being discarded after the Great Crusade. Navigators were going to get wiped out – how would the loyalists, confined to the Eldar webway, have chased down renegade marines and navigators that could fly wherever they wanted? There was always going to be trouble.
>>
>>47458705
>Emperor’s Children were always likely to go nuts
What?
>Emps was careless
He was too busy.
>Consider the Emperor’s long-term plans to wipe out all use of the warp. The Thousand Sons would never have stood for it, and Sanginius and Jaghatai Khan wouldn’t have liked it either. Emps apparently wanted to sit Magnus on a throne for all eternity (Path of Heaven), which sounds like imprisonment. And a lot of the Astartes were scared of being discarded after the Great Crusade. Navigators were going to get wiped out – how would the loyalists, confined to the Eldar webway, have chased down renegade marines and navigators that could fly wherever they wanted? There was always going to be trouble.
Considering he's guiding humanity down its path to a fully psychic race mind bullets were still going to be shot.
>>
>>47458705
WEAKNESS!!!

Seriously, Was Ferrus the only one putting any effort into this instead of going all "woe is me"?
>>
>>47458785
It seems like it because the writers barely give him any attention. All they do know is give people fond memories of him.
>>
>>47458865
I personally don't read BL.

I had my share of Bolterporn before and don't need them twisting the HH to much.

Mostly going from the FW lore.

I just like to imagine Ferrus being one if not THE most adamant guy behind the great crusade and for this reason curshing and smahing remorselessly as he did.

Thats why he got so mad that he just ran in and got beheaded too.

He just could not imagine that any of his brothers would do this and paid the price.
>>
>>47458512
My nigga. I want to do the IW, but I don't know which barrage weapons to bring. I'd say "all of them", but I also want transports and Deredeos
>>
>>47458404
I first thought 1kson. It looks more 1kson than WB.
>>
File: gorgon_by_d1sarmon1a-d8oe1dv.jpg (320 KB, 625x980) Image search: [Google]
gorgon_by_d1sarmon1a-d8oe1dv.jpg
320 KB, 625x980
>>47458977
Had Fulgrim not be so to the Old Gorgon Ferrus wouldn't have been so overcome with rage, and a need to smash Fulgrim's ugly mug. But alas it was his only weakness.
>>
>>47459061

As in, Fulgrim betraying mad him specirfically that but-mad?

Understandable.

Funnily enough, as you implied, Ferrus weakness.
>>
>>47459061
You could say he went fullgrim-dark there
>>
File: Angry Ron.jpg (138 KB, 1003x543) Image search: [Google]
Angry Ron.jpg
138 KB, 1003x543
>>47459104

Oh man....oooh man...
>>
File: Ferrus Manus before Istvaan V.jpg (157 KB, 584x549) Image search: [Google]
Ferrus Manus before Istvaan V.jpg
157 KB, 584x549
>>47459102
>As in, Fulgrim betraying mad him specirfically that but-mad?
For starters he and Fulgrim knew each other since the early Crusade, were very close, and then the flaming flower pot asked him to side with Horus.
>Funnily enough, as you implied, Ferrus weakness.
Fulgrim's ugly mug is pretty punch able.
>>47459104
Oh you.
>>
>>47459145
I knew they were best budds, but I was a bit hazy on the specific happenings.
>>
>>47459162
Glad I could help you out.
>>
>>47458411
>265pts for five termies with 2 base attacks each with S+1/AP2 weapons at initiative 5 on the charge is totally a fair price

But it is you fucking jackass.
>>
>>47458562
>>47458478
>>47458526
>>47458576
God damned, those two must really carry the favor of the chaos gods after basically delivering the galaxy to them.
>>
File: Erebus_HH_Book2.jpg (563 KB, 1220x863) Image search: [Google]
Erebus_HH_Book2.jpg
563 KB, 1220x863
>>47459359
Sort of, Erebus is first chaplain, leader of religious matters in the WB legion and Kor Phaeron is MAster of Faith...I believe.

Funnily enough the latter title implies he is responsible for everything none religious, i.e. troops and tactics.

No idea if they have fun.

Erebus looks like it though.
>>
>>47459015

bring Medusa's and Rapier Quad guns as a basis.

then add other stuff and end up with spending your remaining points on moar artillery
>>
File: Handsome Kor Phaeron.jpg (418 KB, 892x868) Image search: [Google]
Handsome Kor Phaeron.jpg
418 KB, 892x868
>>47459412
Kor Phaeron is better looking though.
>>
>>47459412
Would you let the kind Erebus-sensei teach you about the Primordial Truth?
>>
>>47459475
Nah, to weak for it.

Please gib Imperial Truth.
>>
>>47459412
>No idea if they have fun.
They play chess anon.
Instead of regular pieces it's Word Bearer warbands, but it's still chess.
>>
>>47459326
It really isn't. 265ish points for various terminator units
>8 Legion Terminators (regular WS 4 termies with power weapons that anyone can take)
>7 Gorgon Terminators (cost 270 points but close enough)
>5 Red Butchers (275 points and I actually didn't know they had two wounds)
>6 Deathshrouds (250 points)
>5 Justaerin (255 points)
>5 Firedrakes (275 points)
>6 Lernaean Terminators

So out of the melee legion terminators (disregarding shooty terminators because they cannot be directly compared) Phoenix Guard cost more than Death Shrouds and Justaerin despite both of them being two wound terminators and have worse options than almost all the other terminators lacking access to power fists, chain fists, or thunder hammers making them useless against vehicles and giving them no access to instant death and having literally no ranged weapons meaning they can't even soften up a target before they charge them or just shoot at someone 12" away during the shooting instead of running. Honestly Death Guard are probably my favourite Legion terminators, cheap, hard to kill and they have AP 2 at Initiative 3, EC may have AP 2 at Initiative 6 but after they charge they are worthless against terminators and if they are charged they are worthless.

Beyond that Phoenix Guard are greatly overshadowed by Palatine Blades since they are all about the offensive but Palatine Blades are more mobile (due to access to jump packs) and much cheaper for the same offensive capabilities. For 245 points you can get 7 Palatine Blades with Phoenix Spears, cheaper than the Phoenix Guard, easier to transport, and more lethal for a small loss in defensive capabilities which don't matter because the second round of assault they each are worthless.
>>
>>47459858
>Getting Phoenix Guard in combat with other termies.
I suppose you charge your heavy support into dreadnaughts?
>>
File: dread1.jpg (153 KB, 1080x855) Image search: [Google]
dread1.jpg
153 KB, 1080x855
>>47459026
I can't put my finger on what exactly it is, but the red seems to tilt into blood angels or word bearers territory.
>>
>>47459858
The models look good enough to make up for it.
>>
>>47460242
Err, picture would be the red I was hoping to match.
>>
>>47460160
But...muh sweeping advances.....
>>
>>47460242
Nah, its bright enough to not be BA or WB.

Are there orange washes?

Maybe that might help.
>>
>>47460242
It looks about right to me. And very well painted.

Word bearers are a different hue, darker and with a little bit of fuschia. Blood Angels are (afaik) non-metallic. To me they’re also supposed to be more orangey, but that’s because I’m old and started in 2nd ed 40k. Forge World doesn’t appear to be taking them in that direction.

It’s the presence of a bit of white trim that makes TS distinctive from the other red legions, imo.
>>
>>47460324
Fuchsia.
>>
>>47460350
Ps: So many red and black legions.
>>
>>47460319
>>47460324
Thanks, I'll finish painting it tomorrow and that just might make it feel less like a candy apple blob.

Just to be clear this >>47460242 isn't mine. It's this one >>47458404
>>
>>47460160
What else would you use them for? Charging 3+? Power Weapon vets do it cheaper and palatines do it much better.
>10 Phoenix Guard charing WS4 T4 3+ models (465 points)
>13.77 wounds

>10 Palatines with Power Lances (285 points)
>17.77 wounds

>10 Vets with power swords (300 points)
>10 wounds

>>47460246
Eh, that's an argument I could concede to. I bought ten of them and sometimes field them as a shitty distraction unit or to help counter non-fearless deathstars. Its just a pain to field them because they are so expensive and die so easily, almost never getting their points costs back.
>>
>>47460365
Death Guard! Literally the opposite colours
>>
>>47460861
Good point
>>
File: color-wheel-poster.jpg (202 KB, 1224x792) Image search: [Google]
color-wheel-poster.jpg
202 KB, 1224x792
>>47460574
I think it’s easier to argue that Justaerin are a little bit too good right now. Or maybe FW assumed a meta heavy on Instant Death stuff, making multiple wounds less important.

>>47460365
If you count Death Guard as white and Iron Hands as black, and use post-Istvaan WB colors, we’ve got:

3 black (DA, IH, RG)
3 blue (NL, UM, AL)
3 red (BA, TS, WB)
3 white (WS, WE, DG)
2 dark gray (IW, SW)
2 green (Sal., SoH)
1 purple (EC)
1 yellow (IF)

FW has tried to make the IH look different from the other black legions (uh, not THE Black Legion) but DA and RG still overlap a lot and that annoys me. I guess it comes down to DA using red and steel as secondary colors instead of RG’s white, but IH use steel and white. The other big problem – they’re all on the same side.

The blue legions are all fairly different from each other. Among the red legions, WB are pretty distinct but BA vs. TS is largely down to trim (black vs. white, with gold as a tertiary color on both). I guess it’s okay because TS are pretty niche. The three white legions are pretty different – ivory WS, very light gray WE, bone DG. No problem there.

I lumped Iron Warriors and Space Wolves together based on the FW preview pictures – to me they look similar except one’s metallic. Not a big deal because the IW are better known for their accent colors than the main one. Then we’ve got two greens that are pretty different shades, though they both use black as a secondary color. In both cases, they’re on different sides.

So I think it’s fair to think that the black ones are a little too samey. Other than that, color coverage is pretty good and spread out. I don’t necessarily miss orange, magenta, silver, or gold, and some of the other missing colors are covered by the same legions/chapters in 40k (pink EC, sky blue SW, dark green DA).
>>
>>47461414
Yeah, the same side men in blavk are the wierd bit.
>>
Did Garro have any sort of relationship with Morty before the Heresy?
>>
>>47458705
>how would the loyalists, confined to the Eldar webway, have chased down renegade marines and navigators that could fly wherever they wanted?
Eldar spaceships seem to do pretty well despite being confined to the webway.
>>
File: 1381172543000.jpg (2 MB, 1221x1680) Image search: [Google]
1381172543000.jpg
2 MB, 1221x1680
1750pts, Imperial Fists

+ HQ +

Legion Delegatus [2x Plasma Pistol, Power Armour]
[Pride of the Legion]

2x Legion [Vigilator]

+ Troops +

Legion Tactical Support Squad [Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier, 5xMelta Guns]

Legion Veteran Tactical Squad [2x Heavy Bolter, Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier, 9x Legion Veteran Space Marines, Sniper]

Legion Veteran Tactical Squad [Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier, 9x Legion Veteran Space Marines, 2x Plasma Gun, Sniper]

Legion Veteran Tactical Squad [2x Flamer, Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier, 9x Legion Veteran Space Marines, Sniper]

+ Fast Attack +

Legion Seeker Squad [4x Combi-weapon, Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier, 6x Legion Seeker Space Marines]

+ Heavy Support +

Devastator Squad [6x Missile Launchers]

One vigilator plus delegatus goes with the seekers, another with the Tac Support and both scout ahead. RHINOS FOR THE RHINO WALL!.
>>
>>47461990
There are a lot of planets they never visit, and it would probably very inconvenient for them to try to do so. But that’s okay, because if it’s not near a Webway portal then there’s nothing relevant to them there. Not so for the Imperium.
>>
>>47460574
Here, I'll take the comparison one step further:
>5 Phoenix Terminators with Grenade Harness and Sonic Shriekers (290pts)
Against MEQ:
>7.111... unsaved wounds on the charge
>3.666... unsaved wounds when not charging
Against 4++ TEQ:
>3.555... unsaved wounds on the charge
>0.407... unsaved wounds when not charging
Against Castellax EQ:
>1.481... unsaved wounds on the charge
>1.018... unsaved wounds when not charging
+become troops with PotL
+can get Dreadclaw/LRs/Spartan as DT
+everyone has 2+/5++
+1 additional Initiative on the charge

>10 Palatine Blades with Charnabal Sabres, Sonic Shriekers and a Melta Bomb (260pts)
Against MEQ:
>7.407... unsaved wounds on the charge or getting charged
>5.555... unsaved wounds after the first round
Against 4++ TEQ:
>3.703... unsaved wounds on the charge or getting charged
>2.777... unsaved wounds after the first round
Against Castellax EQ:
>3.703... unsaved wounds on the charge or getting charged
>2.777... unsaved wounds after the first round
+30 points cheaper
+can drop models to fit alongside characters in 10 sized transports
+can take Jump Packs
+can take Phoenix Spears when necessary
+have Bolt Pistols
+can use Frag when charging more than once
+can use Krak and Melta against vehicles and MCs
+can damage AV13 with lucky rending rolls
+everyone can issue/accept challenges
+1 additional Initiative in challenges
+twice as many wounds total

Palatine Blades are better in just about every situation to the point where it's almost silly. The only situation I can imagine taking Phoenix Terminators over Palatine Blades is when you want to make a deathstar that can fill a Spartan and gets it as a Dedicated Transport to save HS slots. Let me remind you this was after they were BUFFED, they used to have WS4 on everyone but the sergeant and Sonic Shriekers didn't give -1WS so they were hitting on 4+, and they couldn't sweep which negates half of EC's LA rules.

2 WOUND PHOENIX TERMINATORS WHEN?
>>
>>47462053
C'mon, they're in Terminator armor. That isn't free.
>>
How do you guys paint power axes? Starting to do up my Red Butchers, don't necessarily want to do plain metal axes.
>>
File: blogger-image--1312393966.jpg (83 KB, 640x533) Image search: [Google]
blogger-image--1312393966.jpg
83 KB, 640x533
>>47461712
He was seventh of seven DG captains, you have to remember that DG only had seven companies while also being medium sized for a legion. Taking average legion size to be 100,000 each DG captain commanded roughly 15,000 marines. Plus if you take BL as canon then seventh captain is a very revered position, I can't remember exactly but I think it's second only to first captain so Garro is the third highest rank in the DG. I imagine Mortarion would have had some kind of relationship with a guy who commanded a whole seventh of his forces. Plus Morty wanted to save Garro from Istvaan III.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 48

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.