[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is the future you chose
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 9
This is the future you chose
>>
Hey, I remember when you posted this last summer.
>>
>>47441627
>playing tabletop games in the pool
That's actually a pretty neat idea. You'd probably need specialized equipment, though, considering most of the regular stuff is made out of paper or cardboard.

How would you go about it, /tg/?
>>
It'd be a good way to play Forbidden Island.
>>
File: Gnome_child_chathead.png (4 KB, 74x96) Image search: [Google]
Gnome_child_chathead.png
4 KB, 74x96
>>47441627
>I can choose the future?
>>
>>47441627
but...
how do you play card games in a pool?
>>
>>47441627
Do you even Catan, bro?
>>
File: Laminated cards.jpg (99 KB, 1000x562) Image search: [Google]
Laminated cards.jpg
99 KB, 1000x562
>>47442152

Join the Lamination Nation, comrade.

Uno in the rain, Magic under waterfalls, solitaire in the bath.

WORSHIP NOT THE THE LAMB OF GOD
LAMINATION IS GOD
SUFFER NOT LAMENTATIONS
LAMINATE YOUR EVOCATIONS
>>
>>47442233
Don't think that type of laminating works in a pool. When you cut the cards off, the paper is exposed at the sides and can soak up water. You'd have to laminate each card individually and cut so that there's plastic left around them.
>>
>>47442283
>When you cut the cards off, the paper is exposed at the sides and can soak up water. You'd have to laminate each card individually and cut so that there's plastic left around them.
Different anon here; that picture above your post is a bad example because all four cards are printed on a single sheet.

I do laminations for customers; the best way would be to use lamination pouches. That way you can put 6-8 (pre-cut) cards in a single pouch with room between each card. The laminate will seal around the edges of each card, and then you just cut them out on a machine cutter or by hand.
>>
>>47442349
Fucking images, how do they upload
>>
>>47442033
I got a lamination machine and heavy duty laminate. It's nicer and more flexible than sleeves, i can polish up the sleeve with a bit of thinned acetone, and if it gets too fucked up i can reheat and slit it open and take shit out.
>>
>>47442116
Various preachers and philosophers have been pondering that since the day mankind could comprehend what future is. We still don't have conclusive answer.

Just believe whatever and keep oppressing the things you hate. Because even if it doesn't make for better future, it will certainly make you feel better in the present.
>>
>>47442180
Would you Catan in a pool?
>>
>>47441627
>it's not even the seafarers expansion
One job.
>>
>>47441627
That's a pretty nice future, A pool presumably with a house and land, friends, money to make waterproof versions of tabletop games. Sounds like the life to me.
>>
If I were doing this, I'd make the board and pieces have Velcro on it, or something so they stick when you put them down.
>>
>>47443145
You'd want this
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/amplifiers-effects/godlyke-power-all-pg-1m-power-grip-pedal-mounting-tape?cntry=us&source=3WWMWXGP&gclid=CL_7-ImH9swCFRIbgQodnGkKvw&kwid=productads-adid%5E93130364907-device%5Em-plaid%5E139030567467-sku%5EH78226000000000@ADL4MF-adType%5EPLA
Mates to itself so no need for choosing which side has the soft velcro and which side has the stick as it sticks to itself.
>>
>>47443076
As a man greater than me once put it - Personal pools are much like women. At first it might seem like a good idea to get one, but maintenance cost of actually having one will quickly outweigh the time you actually spend in them.
>>
>>47442349
That's what I said.
>>
>>47442852
No I would not Catan in a pool,
No I would not Catan at all.
>>
>>47441627
>playing games that take over an hour in a lukewarm, heavily chlorinated body of water

Sounds GREAT
>>
>>47443608
>>47442852
I would not Catan in a pool,
I will not Catan after school.
I will not Catan in my socks,
I would not Catan on some rocks.
I will not Catan here nor there,
I will not Catan anywhere.
I simply won't Catan, you fool.
Catan is a game for casuals like you.
Please get this fact through your head.
I'd rather play Agricola instead.
>>
>>47443608
Would you Catan on a chick?
Would you Catan with your dick?
>>
>>47443875
10/10
>>
That seems like a pretty great future to me, anon. I fucking love being in the water.
>>
>>47441627
This is a good future.

Add in a floating bar and I'm set.
>>
>>47442837
>I see
>It is time for a new holocaust
>>
File: waaaaaaatt.jpg (6 KB, 197x256) Image search: [Google]
waaaaaaatt.jpg
6 KB, 197x256
>>47446140
>>
>>47446140
I love this autistic gnome child
>>
File: Catan Goths.jpg (61 KB, 468x665) Image search: [Google]
Catan Goths.jpg
61 KB, 468x665
>>47443875
Would you could you on a cloth?
Would you could you with some Goths?
Would you could you in the tub?
Would you could you on a Sub?
>>
File: FUTURE.gif (200 KB, 250x188) Image search: [Google]
FUTURE.gif
200 KB, 250x188
>>47441627
>>
>>47442837
I'd say that's a conflation of two other questions:
Is there such a thing as destiny?
Do we have free will?

The best question imo: CAN FREE WILL EXIST WITHIN DETERMINISM?
>>
>>47447892
HOLY FUCK I NEARLY FORGOT THAT STORY
>Do you Catan?
>>
>>47447948
>CAN FREE WILL EXIST WITHIN DETERMINISM?
Yes.
Free Will =/= utter random.
Your personality and experience determines your actions. You are the person who does X with conditions A and B; and does not do X when conditions are C and D. But you are that person and you won't randomly be a different person.
>>
>>47450287
So it's not really free then...?
>>
>>47450331
It is YOUR will. Everything you do is expression of YOU.

It's just that you do not randomly decide to do something, you decide it based on you personality and circumstances.
>>
>>47442152
CHILDREN'S CARD GAMES IN A POOL?
Now I've heard everything.
The only thing dumber than that would be card games on motorcycles.
>>
>>47450633
>childrens games
>not knowing Catan is like fetlife for social cripples.
>>
>>47442033
I dunno, man, anything with figures or that would have stacks of stuff seems like it would be risky. One errant wave and everything's everywhere except where it's supposed to be, even moving pieces could throw things off
>>
>>47442033
Metal board with magnetic tokens?
>>
>>47451874

Enjoy your lead poisoning.
>>
>>47454335
Must be IQ 75+ to post on 4chan
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.