[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MTG Eternal Masters Spoilers General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 42
File: cabaltherapy.jpg (47 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
cabaltherapy.jpg
47 KB, 265x370
Talk about Eternal Masters (EMA) and every spoiler that pops up during the day.

>Cabal Therapy
>at uncommon

It's amazing, guys. And it even confirms we have the Flashback mechanic in this set. What should we wish for next?
>>
>>47438319
>Rorix bladewing
>nev's disk

What great and powerful rares, I'm sure glad they put cards in the set worth less than the uncommons into the set for me to open from my horribly overpriced booster packs.

>b-but m-muh draft!

Fuck draft, limited print run sets shouldn't need to cator to limited autists.
>>
>>47438319
Did you get:
Big Jace?
FoW?
Chase rare?

IFF NO: Loss 90% of the value you spent on your packs. Oh How wonderful I cracked the fifth fucking Worldgorger.

>FUCK ME RIGHT
>>
So why is it $10 a pack for reprints of old cards?
>>
>>47438471
So far it's similar to MMA and that set rocked. Good rares and uncommons go up in value.

Look at Kitchen Finks.
>>
>>47438529
>beep boop I am a wizard shillbot, please remain calm goys

I'm just buying singles, never touching a "masters" sealed product ever again after them filling the set with shit like ryusei and now we've got fucking rorix and giant tortoise! How amazing is that?
>>
>>47438505
>WAAAAAAAAAAAAAH The cards should be cheaper than what's in them at all times, t-that's sustainable r-right guys?
>>
>>47438319
High hopes for a Pox reprint. Been needing a new art for years
>>
chances of Entomb getting a reprint?
>>
>>47438596
No one is saying that, but a premium sealed product that is 3 times more expensive than regular packs, with just reprints and intended to breathe some life into eternal formats should not include such a high number of $1 and $.50 rares, and it definitely should not have $1 mythics.
>>
>>47438596
>fill set with dollar bin rares
>drones will still defend it because "you're just being greedy!"

If they're going to make it a limited print run premium set then they better at least reprint cheaper rares that see actual fucking play in vintage/legacy ect, not Rorix bladewing.
>>
>>47438695
Already got it
>>
File: entomb.jpg (34 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
entomb.jpg
34 KB, 265x370
>>47438695
Confirmed already. Rare, too.
>>
>>47438505

For all /tg/ complains about jews it sure is full of them

>oh no I actually have to spend money
>what if I don't get more value than what I what I laid from every single thing I buy
>I don't play this hobby for fun, just to watch the prices on these little pieces of cardboard I own go up

All /tg/ does is complain, they said this set wasn't going to have anything good in it, now that it's shaping up so far to be amazing they find something else to complain about

Also
>if you like magic and plan on buying packs or a box then your definitely a wizard "shill"

What if I just like to support the hobby that I enjoy playing, it's like you sour fucking grapes don't enjoy anything or realize that if wizards goes under all the cards will tank hard then become absolutelyrics impossible to find within a few years

TL:DR I want /pol/ to go, they call everyone a jew when in reality theyre the money grubbing, Penny pinching assholes
>>
>>47438471
Limited player here. Maro might use us as an excuse but we like high powered and valuable cards as much as anyone else.
>>
>>47438736
Nff. That art. Want.
>>
>>47438742
>you don't like cheap as fuck cards in your $10 booster packs? NO YOU ARE THE JEWS!

Nice logic, you braindead fucking morons are the reason why they keep doing this shit time and time again.

>muh /pol/ boogey man

It's like you think only people from /pol/ call greedy people jews, how cute.

Go back to MTGS, you little spineless cretin.
>>
>>47438742
I'm just gonna buy the singles I want.
>>
>>47438529
Reminds me more of MM2. More and More jank rares being revealed until there are only 5-6 good rares out of 30+ jank rares.

At least they won't fuck up the packaging agian (hopefully)
>>
>>47438696

They're are like 3 Rares and mythics that are under a $1 so far

>dragon
>diminishing
>control magic

The rest are at least around $5 or more

On top of that they just spoiled a $10 uncommon and a $1 common, what more do you fucking want

You fucking morons due realize that if the EV of a pack was even or above MSRP the we would never fucking see it for that

As it stands most shops are probably still going to be selling it for $12-15 a pack if they don't just crack the vast majority and sell the singles

It's like you guys don't even know how this works
>>
>>47438832
What do you consider a junk rare? MMA had a few rares not worth much initially, but they climbed in price over time.
>>
>>47438850
>The rest are at least around $5 or more
None of them are staying at that price once the packs are opened, use your fucking brain.

So what you are saying is basically we as consumers should just continue to let WOTC and stores fuck is in the ass because it's what we're used to?
>>
Seriously Prodigal Sorcerer? Maelstrom Wanderer? Rorix Bladewing?

fucking dropped
>>
>>47438785

But they're aren't that many cheap cards revealed right now you dumb fuckhead, like 3

And yes the vast majority of jew bashers on this site are stormfags who get super pissy when someone calls them out on their shit on their super special huge box, also im not going anywhere so fucking deal with it, I hope it triggers you
>>
File: en_AwwTlfi8vI.png (189 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
en_AwwTlfi8vI.png
189 KB, 265x370
Great card for Commander. Worth like 25 USD and needs more foil printings.
>>
>>47438736
this plus ever after could be pretty crazy
>>
>>47438892
>calls /pol/ a hugbox
>got pissy at the word jew

Lel, irony is lost on you.
>>
>>47438742
>Support the hobby

Wizards is not a NGO, it is not a charity. You are not a supporter of the hobby. You are a customer. Don't be naive.

>if wizards goes under all the cards will tank hard then become absolutelyrics impossible to find within a few years

Not really. Games that were this popular, even if they go under, never disappear. Vs System, for example, was popular for a while. Not MtG popular, but popular nonetheless. And it is trivial to find cards online for it. You are always going to be able to find cards, provided there wasn't a ridiculous low number of them printed to begin with.
>>
File: en_UdnafnYAbk.png (160 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
en_UdnafnYAbk.png
160 KB, 265x370
Eh, not every uncommon needs to be a chase uncommon or a limited bomb.
>>
>>47438879
Rorix Bladewing
Dualcaster Mage
Control Magic
Worldgorger Dragon
Diminishing Returns

>B-b-but muh limited!
>>
>>47438886

And that's why the sets being printed you fucking retard, because 5 dollars for some of those cards is ridiculous, and if they don't get printed now they'll keep climbing

It's like you only want certain cards you don't own to decrease in value just so you can buy them and wait for them to increase again
>>
>>47438850
Day 1 and 2 are when all the bombs are spoiled. If we are already in control magic and bladewing territory, there is barely anything left. Since you are such a fucking Rosewater bitch, you should know how spoilers work.
>>
>>47438742
My big problem with sets like this is that it's a limited print run. This means that the supply is already small. To me this means that I'll never be able to buy it at MSRP (not to mention I'm in Canada and suffer from a weak ass Dollar).

On top of that, this will build demand for eternal staples without a corresponding increase in supply.None at all for the reserved list cards. So we end up with a jump in prices for singles too.
>>
>>47438924
Uh yes it does need to be.
>>
>>47438736
fuck yeah
>>
>>47438892
>dat obvious self flagging

Go ger dredged
>>
>>47438936
>It's like you only want certain cards you don't own to decrease in value just so you can buy them and wait for them to increase again

No, I just want decent reprints from a reprint set, not rorix bladewing and nev's disk.
>>
>>47438944
HAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>47438920
Then they shpuld not cry about proxies.
Free. Market.
>>
>>47438924
Oooh I can't wait for my prodigal sorcerer + Rorix bladewing pack IT'S JUST DRIPPING WITH VALUE AND MONEY WELL SPENT.
>>
>>47438924
Tim!
>>
>>47438967
Good one, Rosie. I actually play "proxies". I love me some Chinaman Eternal Masters.
>>
>>47438944
>>47438717
Then don't buy it, or just buy singles. Magic has always had shit rares and always will. The Masters sets cost more because the best cards are worth more. The worst cards are still shit. This is news to you?
>>
>>47438904
Shame that it was nerfed.

Still fun to play though. Makes you an instant target in multiplayer.
>>
>>47438596
>sustainable
For wotc? Yes. They don't exactly sell singles.
>>
>>47439018
Nerfed how
>>
>>47439018
>Shame that it was nerfed.

Wut?
>>
>>47438736
Thumbs up alt arts inbound.
>>
You guys know that if every rare in the set was worth 20+, the price of packs would just go even higher, right?
>>
>>47439058
Not with an unlimited print run.
>>
>>47438742

>Just buy the products, despite the company's shitty behavior

No, faggot. No.
>>
File: CjT23QkUYAY8VMj.jpg (95 KB, 600x838) Image search: [Google]
CjT23QkUYAY8VMj.jpg
95 KB, 600x838
>>
>>47439091
Source?
>>
>>47439034
>>47439036
Commander nerf.
MW relies on a good ramping hand in order to start off.
Paris mulligans were removed, so MW decks can no longer dig a few extra cards to get the perfect ramp hand.

Not a big nerf but it changes the deck and makes MW less likely to cascade into value.
>>
>>47439111
https://twitter.com/blakepr/status/735484069929095169
>>
>>47439091
>Uncommon
And everyone who plays pauper decks other than MBC rejoiced.
>>
>>47439125
Oh god, its real, this is gonna be a rough environment
>>
>>47439091
Fucking perfect.
>>
Should I sell my play set of Tempest wastelands? They're all near mint condition, but I don't know if they're gonna pull a Goyf and go up in price, or take a nosedive.
>>
>>47439069

To bad its not an unlimited print run...
>>
>>47439091
Good reprint, hymms are hard to find in my playgroup and every fucker with a black french deck needs one.
>>
>baleful strix at rare

Why tho, it doesnt feel like a rare and it was an uncommon in planechase , this rarity bump makes no sense, its a 2 mana 1/1 so it cant be for limited reasons
>>
In addition to >>47439178 I don't play competitive legacy much, there's none in my local meta
>>
>>47439186
2 mana 1/1 that replaces itself and trades with anything is pretty good and is most likely the reason it's a rare.

It's a horseshit reason, because these sets should just say fuck it to a balanced limited enviroment.
>>
>>47439186
>its a 2 mana 1/1 so it cant be for limited reasons

Except that its a 2 mana 1/1 with evasion and removal, that also replaces itself.

Shits bonkers for limited
>>
File: CjT4S0cUkAUJda_.jpg large.jpg (30 KB, 256x358) Image search: [Google]
CjT4S0cUkAUJda_.jpg large.jpg
30 KB, 256x358
https://twitter.com/MtgBigmagic/status/735485643371909120
>>
>>47439186
It originally an uncommon so it didn't took a rare slot on a precon
>>
>>47439257
>rare

This set is a joke.

>can't have too many of these floating around or the vendors will throw a tantrum at us, better let them dick over the players by protecting the secondary market.
>>
File: OYVEY.jpg (24 KB, 260x266) Image search: [Google]
OYVEY.jpg
24 KB, 260x266
>>47439232

Limited strikes again.
>>
>>47439257
>Rare
>>
File: JY_1.jpg (36 KB, 223x312) Image search: [Google]
JY_1.jpg
36 KB, 223x312
http://www.gatheringmagic.com/jarvisyu-05252016-vindicated
>>
>>47439272

>$20 card is a rare
>abloo bloo bloo
>>
>>47438924
WE WUZ WHITESKIN SORCERERS N SHIET
>>
This set is Commander Masters.
>>
>>47439319
>$20 uncommon that was printed once
>bump it up to rare for no reason at all
>retards defend this
>>
>>47439345
Bullshit, it's legacy lite
>>
File: naru.jpg (77 KB, 500x705) Image search: [Google]
naru.jpg
77 KB, 500x705
>>47438319
>Bloodbraid Elf is uncommon
>There's no way that Shardless would be rare
>Right guise?
> : ^)
>>
sick pulls confirmed
>>
>>47439349

Someone doesn't understand how precon rarities work. It's not like it was a booster set uncommon.
>>
>>47439381
>bloodbraid is uncommon and a better card overall
>so lets make shardless agent a rare

If you can't see this as obvious protection of the secondary market then you're nothing more than a useful idiot consuming whatever wizards fires out of it's anus this time.
>>
>>47439394

>bloodbraid
>better than shardless

Nigga you wut? Do you play this game? You definitely don't play legacy
>>
File: CjT9p1YUoAETluC.jpg (43 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
CjT9p1YUoAETluC.jpg
43 KB, 375x523
https://twitter.com/BasicMountain/status/735491534762561536
>>
>>47439424
So many people are crying right now
>>
>>47439424
Neato
>>
>>47439416
>muh legacy

I was talking from a limited standpoint, which is the only thing that has a bearing on rarities.

Its should be an uncommon, but you dense twats will defend anything Pissards of the coast do.

>>47439424
Suprised this isn't a rare like shardless, thank fuck it isn't.
>>
>>47439424
>uncommon
>Patrick Sullivan previews it

Everything is right.
>>
File: image.gif (674 KB, 414x317) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
674 KB, 414x317
>>47439314
>>
>Reserved List hurts Legacy and the format's power level is too high for a lot of these cards
>not Modern-legal despite most of them being very cool additions

It's a matter of time until Eternal becomes a format of its own. People want to play with these cards.
>>
>>47439448
>limited standpoint
>the only thing that has a bearing on rarities

So, I guess Wasteland is rare because of all the nonbasics you are going to be able to blow up in limited.

How's that extra chromosome working out for you?
>>
>>47439551
You're talking in ciricle now anon, why are you defending them making a card like shardless rare?
>>
>>47439549
2017 - Eternal is created
A bunch of memedern players buy in and start playing

Legacy players don't care and continue to play real legacy and laugh at the new format shitters
>>
For a nostalgia set they sure are fucking up all my fond memories of these cards by giving them shitty art.

Prodigial Sorcerer is pretty bad but holy fuck I am god damned FURIOUS that Werebear was bastardized. Wizards had ONE JOB and they fucked it up.
>>
>>47439587
No

I am, however, saying that thinking that limited is the only thing that has a bearing on rarities is retarded. Shardless is rare in order to protect its secondary market value. Within the confines of a limited set designed to alliviate certain supply issues, a card that was severely under-printed and in high demand should not be rare.

Limited viability factors probably less than 10% in WotC rarity policies.
>>
>>47439646
Prodigial sorcerer is pretty fuckin good m8 for limited.
>>
>>47439257
It's completely retarded to print this at rare. I'd write Wizards if I thought it would actually have any effect.
>>
>they print important staples into uncommon and rare slots
>they print strong and relevant things and shit on limited themes
>/tg/ is still complaining

you fuckbums just can't be pleased
with Cabal, Bloodbraid, Chain Lightning, Hymn at fucking uncommon and the commons being stuff like Counterspell and Mongoose this set is exactly what it should be and what MM1 was
the non-chaff rares are still in the majority and there is only one fucking shit mythic - they went so fucking much out of their way with mythics like Jace, DACK, Karakas or Crypt - and yet you people cry about you being the one person on earth pulling multiple Worldgorgers

>but Duals are still reserved, no one can play Eternal without them
yeah no shut your cuntmouth
>>
>>47439468
Yes. I love PSulli and he's the only one that could have gotten this card in my eyes, and now my buddy can finish his Legacy Burn much easier so that's cool
>>
>>47439646
the new sneak attack art triggered me hard
>>
>>47439716

>shitting on limited themes

>shifting uncommons to rares
>>
>>47438907
You're not thinking properly, dude. There are things called Animate Dead, Reanimate, Exhume and Dread Return. All those do what you want much better AND those are ages old interactions.
>>
>>47439646
>all the cg art is bad meme
>>
>>47439716
I take it you would be happy to open a Necro in a $10 booster.
>>
>>47439808
Are we assuming that the rest of the pack is what? like 14 prodigal sorcerer or what?
>only the rares give value
Yeah that worked wonders on MM2
>>
What is going to really be accomplished by these reprints? It's a very limited-print set at an overpriced tag. Do they really expect this to drive more than a handful of costs downward?
>>
>>47439836
They expect to make money, because they are a business.

They don't care about you or anything you say or do, as long as the company continues to make money.
>>
File: EW-Parents.jpg (9 KB, 250x187) Image search: [Google]
EW-Parents.jpg
9 KB, 250x187
>>47439829

again

>only rares give value

>shifting former rares to mythics
>these cards are now half as frequent
>vendor status: protected
>>
>>47439836
Who told you that this will drive the price down? this is just to add a few copies to the market, not tolo wer prices? how is that you haven't noticed that with modern masters?
>>
>>47439861
What do you want? a FoW at 3 dollars? go to chinamen. wizards won't lower their prices, if you want cheap legacy you must buy counterfeits, not sealed product.
>>
>>47439864
I only came back to the game recently, and I've never really been able to take a deep plunge into the really intricate mechanics of the game.

I just assumed that reprints = increased supply. In theory, this would be in an attempt to meet the demand and lop the head of some of the ridiculous premiums some cards have. I just don't see the point in making the print run of this set as brief as they are.
>>
>>47439836
Wizards hasn't made an all-out attempt to drive down prices since collectors shat themselves over Chronicles.
>>
>>47439836
>Do they really expect this to drive more than a handful of costs downward?
No, they don't and neither do I. I don't know what everybody's bitching about so much but the me, this set is looking pretty good so far.

I'm on friendly terms with the owner of my local lgs and he's already hinted that he'd be willing to sell me boxes at a fair price e.a. not what he's going to charge his other customers. I'm gonna get myself some boxes, open some for my own collection and just sit on the rest for some years.
>>
>>47439829
Considering we only know about 10% of the commons and uncommons, and that good cards are always spoiled first, let's not start sucking each other's dicks quite yet. Some of the common and uncommon spoilers are nice, but nothing really that was out of reach. Hymn is $5 a playset. There is still a fuck ton of shit coming our way. Most commons and uncommons will be completely unplayable, you know this to be true.

So, yeah, Necro has a very good probability of leading towards a shit pack. And that is not he problem I have. The problem is that no one was asking for a reprint of Necropotence. It is a waste of a mythic slot.
>>
>>47439257
Fuck. I knew it. I knew as soon as Strix was shown at rare they would do this.

I like limited. I'm fine with upscaling a card for limited. This isn't that. There is no reason for this given Bloodbraid. This is purely, purely to keep the price from tanking.

Wizards just has no balls.
>>
>>47439884
In regards to wotc always assume they're out to rob you like highwaymen.
>>
>>47439890
So you are happy because you can get the product at a discount and then rip people off in the future. Not because it is inherently a good product.

I bet your grandparents had numbers tattooed on their arms.
>>
>>47439884
The point is to make Wizards of the Coast money, like it always has been.
This isn't saying anything bad about them making money, but it's important to remember that the underlying reason they do anything is to create more profit.

Bad art? They were trying to find some way to make more money there.
Shitty flavor text? The writers they hired were of sub quality so some Hasbro executive could have his ass waxed by midget Russian lesbians this week.
Crappy mechanics? MR was told that the timetable had been moved up and the set due next year was due in 2 months.
>>
>>47439921
You are acting on the base of thinking wizards wants to reprint good cards. what is obviously not their priority (see mm2) till now, we have not seen liliana, snapcaster, imperial seal. cmon we have balance at mythic and that card is just playable on vintage. necro is at least played on commander. i had to add, i have been expecting a kaalia of the vast reprint, but apparently we won't have good commanders in this set
>>
>>47439943
Except secondary markets are out to rob us like highwaymen anyway, so why wouldn't wizards try to undercut them a little for a longer period and soak up all of their profits?
>>
>>47439964
>I bet your grandparents had numbers tattooed on their arms.
Pfff.., sure anon. I'm just making an investment and I'm not rippin off anybody. Everything is worth what it's purchaser will pay for it.
>>
>>47439968
Because if wizards cut into the secondary market, many of those markets will stop selling magic cards, which means wizards will make less of a profit.
>>
>>47439968
Because they are so close that you could rest them with a fat guy in a personal bed
>>
>>47439884
The issue is this is a limited print run, and many of the 4x staples of the formats are pushed to rare & mythic.

FoW price will see the Tarmogoyf effect and will actually increase in value
>>
>>47440001
Games Workshop actively treats retailers like dirt. There's no way most of those can afford to give up the sale of GW products, so I'm not convinced that Magic is any different.

>>47440005
See that's what I'm saying. All this set is really doing is convincing me to play standard instead.
>>
File: 0g50Vx0.jpg (528 KB, 744x1039) Image search: [Google]
0g50Vx0.jpg
528 KB, 744x1039
>>
File: 8ifbql2.jpg (582 KB, 744x1039) Image search: [Google]
8ifbql2.jpg
582 KB, 744x1039
>>
>>47440076
>inb4 Anus mana is ugly
>>
>>47440063
They could have just reprinted Personal Tutor, the card that's actually legal in Legacy, but no.
>>
>>47440063
So, Worldly Tutor is pretty much a given now. Curious who'll have done the art for WT.
>>
>muh limited
If they actually wanted me to draft this they would make the experience feel like that of an actual Legacy event. With the price hike and limited print run, this should feel unlike any other draft experience out there. It should let me pretend for a brief moment that I can actually afford a Legacy deck. It should be over the top balls to the wall lunacy.

I don't know if I'm making sense due to lack of sleep, but this should be the Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann of limited compared to a normal Gunman draft. Holy shit I need coffee or something.
>>
>>47439966
There is a whole spectrum of cards between good and bad. It never crossed my mind that every single card in EMA would be playable, or that all rares and mythics would be $10+. But this set was a good opportunity to, at least, make all mythics a sort of hook for new players. I love that they reprinted
Karakas and Wasteland, for example, cause that is going to allow people that have D&T to get them for a reasonable price, and maybe, they will think about getting into upgrading into Legacy.

But no one was saying, "Fuck, I would love to play Legacy, but fucking Necropotence is fucking $7"

EMA just does too little.
>>
>>47440076
That art looks sick.
>>
>>47440076
Is that purple drank?
>>
>>47439314
Apocalypse version remains superior
>>
>>47440120
Necropotence is banned in Legacy, brah.
>>
>>47440063
I don't like the art. Is it a reference to another card like Enlightened Tutor is?
>>
>>47440208
Tutors seem to be a cycle
>>
>>47439746
The old art is GOAT

Glad I bought one a couple months back
>>
File: anguishedunmaking.jpg (44 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
anguishedunmaking.jpg
44 KB, 265x370
>>47439314
Mending, not even once
>>
>>47440117
This. If I wanted a normal limited environment I'd just draft SoI.
>>
File: 1454114225418.jpg (22 KB, 480x551) Image search: [Google]
1454114225418.jpg
22 KB, 480x551
>>47440076
My omnath of rage deck needs this new art.
>>
>>47440043
Play standard and wast 600 dollars each six months for your top tier shit deck
>>
File: enlightenedtutor.jpg (39 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
enlightenedtutor.jpg
39 KB, 265x370
>>47440217
Right right, what I meant is that Enlightened has a reference to Idyllic in the art (the birds)
>>
>>47440238
He exiled his own 8/8 indestructable, that feeling you feel is when you have to remove your own stolen dudes is the -3.
>>
>>47440263
>600 every 4 months for standard
>250 a year for masters
Standard players are confirmed casual cucks. No counterspell, no bolt, no hope.
>>
>>47440289
Not even doomblade, and that card is bad
>>
>>47440278
>tfw reanimating your opponent's Iona and forcing him to kill her
Why I love EDH desu
>>
>>47439999
>kids card game
>invest
Actual kike here, this goy made me faint
>>
>>47440001
I highly doubt it.
>>
>>47439884
This is only a small boost in supply, since this is a limited print run. Meanwhile, the set release creates hype for eternal staples and demand skyrockets at a huge ratio to the increase in supply. The result? Card prices spike. And they don't come down.
>>
>>47440363
Then you obviously have never owned a business.
I don't like some of the very high prices, but I can understand at least some of it.
>>
File: 1463614405920.gif (944 KB, 348x234) Image search: [Google]
1463614405920.gif
944 KB, 348x234
The notion that Wizards and the secondary vendors are not cooperating with each other is fucking insane.
>>
>>47438926
Worldgorger is basicaly splinter twin
>>
So, theoretically, the best case scenario for players would be they print enough expensive cards that the prices of those cards tanks completely.

If they did that, wouldn't the ten dollar packs be even LESS justified as all the cards in the pack are now cheap?

I am just confused by the kind of person who complains about a pack containing too little value. If a pack had expensive cards always but was in such short supply that the cards stayed expensive, the packs would be even MORE overpriced by vendors. If the cards in the pack were always expensive, but printed so heavily that the prices of the cards drop, there's no one would have a reason to buy the packs and would just get cheap singles.

This problem gets even worse if you make a set that ignores limited entirely, as then you legitimately would not have a reason to buy packs.
>>
My point is there will never be a pack whose contents are more likely to be worth more than what you paid for the pack. No vendor is retarded. The expectation that Wizards could create that scenario seems crazy.

Packs will always be a lottery ticket or limited fodder, if they weren't, there would be no need for packs.
>>
>>47438736
Fucking Seb McKinnon

I'm collecting one of every card he illustrates and this one is probably going to be the most expensive
>>
>>47440501
Even splinter twin costs more
>>
>>47440508
This is probably the best argument I've heard so far
>>
File: 321761735498.jpg (16 KB, 252x291) Image search: [Google]
321761735498.jpg
16 KB, 252x291
>>47440323
>Actual kike here
Ha, I wish, seeing how they're ruling the world an shit.

But I am Dutch and as far as commerce goes I'd say we're as close as you can get to being a kike without actually being a kike.

Say what you want but mtg has been going strong for 2 decades now and, though possible, I don't think it's going to suddenly crash in the next one. EMA will likely do little for prices and the product will probably gain value in years to come.

Whine about it all you want but this opportunity has presented itself and I'm gonna take it.
>>
>>47440428
What is "depreciation'?
>>
>>47440508
>>47440539
Didn't know WotC employees posted here
>>
>>47440501
Twin wasn't mythic
>>
>>47440508
How about not having EMA as a limited print run in the first place
>>
>>47440508
>>47440555

>shill bumps his own comment

>So, theoretically, the best case scenario for players would be they print enough expensive cards that the prices of those cards tanks completely.

This is false. Players still want to open packs with expensive cards. However, cards today are grossly overvalued. They are prohibitively expensive. Availability and prices should be much better balanced, if only to favor the players who build decks with these cards.

>This problem gets even worse if you make a set that ignores limited entirely, as then you legitimately would not have a reason to buy packs.

Now you're just straight-up lying.
>>
>>47440539
Khans boosters had an EV over the price of the pack. That was with the bottomed out fetch prices, so it will be even better in the future.
Khans sold like hotcakes. Customers and vendors loved it.
>>
>>47440508
Not completely tanks. Drops to a reasonable price like $20-40 at the most. And the price drop happens AFTER the packs have been opened, not before.

Players will still draft sets that ignore limited completely.
>>
>>47440508
First, why should cardboard cost more than 5 dollars each?
second: why should this be a limited print run?
Third: why should this have a mrsp so high?

The answer is Kikery
>>
>>47440539
I want to say that MM1 was pretty damn close to break even. EM is shaping up to be interesting, but at $10 if you were to pull a junk rare, it would be disappointing
>>
>>47440584
I'm just thinking about their motives vs. the players. I genuinely don't think there is a solution that would satisfy players while being anything other than a gesture of good will to the community (i.e. burning money as well as bridges).
>>
>>47438924
>Black Tim
For fuck's sakes, Wizards.
>>
>>47440264
There is also a purple flask on Tinker.
>>
>>47440562
You are a water type jew.
>>
>>47440076
>Sweet Art
>Anus Mana
Fuck man, guess I'm sticking with the original in my Ghave deck.
>>
>>47440076
>these were $3
Shit, I thought they were like 50 cents before. I know they're EDH staples but they got printed hell and back, I've probably got 20 sitting around somewhere

Cool art, but I wish they could have done the card more justice. In the right deck it's a complete powerhouse and a torture rack and a corpse doesn't really do it justice. Surely one of the most powerful artificers had a really cool laboratory to show off?
>>
Anyway, I'm not an economist, I don't know shit. I'm just talking. I'm just as mad as you guys for Shardless being a rare.

>>47440639
There is no reason to buy packs if you don't intend to play limited or if you don't think you will open more money than you paid for it. Sure, cards need to enter the supply somehow, but as a consumer, I don't think that'll be an issue.

>>47440650
But there is a difference between a pack that is worth 5 dollars instead of 5 than a pack that is worth 8 dollars instead of 4. Plus, just due to the nature of things, a store couldn't get away with selling a standard pack of cards for more than MSRP.
>>
>>47440562
First of all, you're a jew, but a discout one, enjoy "refugee" dick after Spanish's you must be thirsty for more muslim.

Second, it's a bad idea because right now and even back on the day the price-payback relation is utter dogshit, will be utter dogshit and it's a net loss to actually "invest" or "speculate" on mtg when you can do the same in stocks which is basically 100% times more "stable" (AKA easy to get rid of once it's high-ish, unlike mtg). Also you're basically doing a retarded version of stock playing 101 (buy low sell high, you do "buy not very high" and "sell juuuusssst a bit higher!").

In short: While this is kikery and greed, it's just stupid for everyone involved since it's a fucking kid's card game that has dogshit investment-return ratios, proxies (>Implying they'll ever be good) and then selling/scamming online sites(ask for card, oh it's fake, return dual and regain your 200 dolaridoes) is better, but proxies are shit and this is illegal.
If you want to invest like a true jew do real state or stocks, you filthy dumb, goyim scum.
>>
>ITT: waaaaaah, this collector's set isn't letting me play magic for $40, waaaaaaah

Stop spending your money on packs for veterans. We want mint-condition, prettied up versions of the cards we like. This set isn't for you.
>>
>>47440783
>There is no reason to buy packs if you don't intend to play limited or if you don't think you will open more money than you paid for it.
Thrill of gambling
I don't think I'll open more money than I paid for it but I hope so
Also, getting new cards is always nice to me
>>
What Wizards should do is say "Limited print run" but then print this shit into oblivion.
>>
File: 1463961210981.jpg (31 KB, 353x353) Image search: [Google]
1463961210981.jpg
31 KB, 353x353
>tfw just want doubling season
>>
>>47440827
My apologies for actually wanting others to be able to afford to play Legacy so I can actually have people to play against.
>>
>>47440895
Not gonna happen, it was in MM2
>>
>>47440912
We don't want peasants or their kind playing our game.
>>
>>47440915
Oh yeah it was wasn't it? Fug me
>>
>>47440915
Shaman of the pack was in Magic Origins
>>
>>47440930
yeah, but origins wasn't a masters set.
>>
>>47440820
>"buy not very high" and "sell juuuusssst a bit higher!"
>boxes on some sites already a 100 bucks more then what I can likely get them for and rising
>fucking kid's card game
>nobody at my lgs is under 18

Sure anon
>>
>>47440739
>missing out on a first time foil for an edh deck

You done goofed son
>>
HOW TO FIX MAGIC

>Look at the entirety of modern
>Decide the exact power level you want in your cards (i.e. Either ban Lightning Bolt or stop printing Lightning Strike and Fiery Temper)
>Ban a bunch of shit that exceeds that power power level
>Bring back core sets, and make them a once-every-3 years affair, wherein you print a bunch of staples that are absolutely necessary for people to play in the format, and then some other stuff that hasn't been seen in a while. (Maybe people want fresh copies of Purphoros 9 years from now)
>Release blocks that also do solid reprints instead of making some cards absolute crap
>Keep this cycle going, thus creating an eternal format that people can start at any time and only have to go back in time for a scant handful of cards

>Nuke the secondary market into tiny, tiny pieces for making a children's card game prohibitively expensive.
>>
>>47440930
Huge difference between feeding limited and reprinting moment cards in every set. Might as well ask for Tarmogyf and Bob.
>>
Just signed up for an EMA Sealed (6 packs) PPTQ for 60 USD. Hyped as fuck even if I open shit.

This is the first time I buy sealed product since Khans of Tarkir. Good stuff.
>>
>>47440959
Yikes, that's all terrible. So glad you don't have a degree in business and marketing.
>>
>>47440918
>We
You mean
>I
>>
>>47440877
Any sane company would be announcing they are expanding their print run, hell even GW has expanded print runs.
>>
>>47441094
No, he means we. WE are the rich. WE want to be able to stomp all the new players and win every tournament ever, because WE control all the playable cards.
>>
>>47441107
(((we)))
>>
>>47439625

I bet this shit will be announced after the launch of Kaladesh block.
>>
>>47440117
>this should feel unlike any other draft experience out there
>It should be over the top balls to the wall lunacy.
I quite agree. Counterspell at common is a good start, but we need more. I want it to feel like a cube draft on crack.
>>
>>47439625
>A bunch of memedern players buy in and start playing
>Legacy players don't care and continue to play real legacy and laugh at the new format shitters
And everything is right in this world.
>>
File: Void.png (167 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
Void.png
167 KB, 265x370
Where's the giant robot? I was promised a giant robot!
>>
File: void.jpg (42 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
void.jpg
42 KB, 265x370
Bye bye giant awesome robot art
>>
>>47441486
>>47441493
Hive mind

>I'm not a robot
Thanks for reminding me captcha
>>
>>47441486
>>47441493
Oh FFS, if you're going to print cards for nostalgia purposes at least include the robot. How does this fit any sort of limited archetype, anyway? Literally the only justification I can imagine for Void's inclusion is "we need a bulk rare, let's play darts Maro"
>>
The thing that's really hyping me is all the new never seen before foils. Or just foils that were too goddamn hard to find previously.

Ashnod's Altar, Unexpectedly Absent, Baleful Strix, Control Magic, Gamble, Daze, Toxic fucking Deluge. None of these existed in foil.

Then we have cards that only exist as FTV or "premium series" foils which don't really count towards pimpness factor, like Animate Dead, Entomb, Cabal Therapy, Sylvan Library, Nevinyrral's Disk, Chain Lightning, Balance etc.

THEN we have foils which were just too expensive compared to their nonfoil cost, like Dack Fayden, Enlightened Tutor, Vampiric Tutor, Sensei's Divining Top, Ichorid, Mishra's Factory.

Many more are sure to come.

This is what I'm looking forward to.
>>
>>47438471
>He wants expensive rares
Look, man, if the point is to put more copies into circulation, then the lower the rarity the better.
>>
File: Image (1).jpg (24 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Image (1).jpg
24 KB, 223x310
>>47439314
>>47440187
Because the Apocalypse version made sense. Wizards apparently forgot what "vindicate" means. The original version made sense because it represented the moment when all the morally ambiguous shit that Urza and Gerrard ever did was justified, i.e. vindicated.
>>
>>47438886
>None of them are staying at that price once the packs are opened, use your fucking brain

That's the point, though. People bitch enough about how hard to get into eternal formats are because of the card supply, so they do a bunch of reprints and call it a set. It's literally impossible to satisfy people who want cheap staples and the people who want their cards to maintain value. If anything, their problem is failing to print enough staples, not that the cards they do reprint will have a price collapse.
>>
>>47440063
Does this mean we'll be getting an unban soon?
>>
>>47438909
Wait, somebody drops a deliberately ironic insult and they're the one irony is lost on? If you can't handle people challenging your choice of vocabulary, you're literally everything wrong with Tumblr.
>>
File: 7361954.jpg (141 KB, 618x849) Image search: [Google]
7361954.jpg
141 KB, 618x849
>>47441574
>Daze
>>
>>47440685
What are you smoking?
>>
>>47441727
Ah my bad, it does exist, but goes under the third category.
>>
>thread is dead because not even the shills can defend the dollar rares and rarity bumps that are only happening to protect a market that Wizards does not profit from at all.

Void! Fucking void ahahahahaha, it will go perfectly in my draft rare box next to the rorix bladewing.
>>
>>47440959
Not a good plan. First, it relies on Wizards being way smarter than they are, and being able to figure out how to implement the exact power level they want. That's a lot harder than it sounds, especially with the scale of the card pool. Second, they'd at least have to change the name of the core set to appeal to new players (old ones will presumably have all the staples, and rarely buy packs, meaning that the set will have low sales to begin with). Third, solid reprints and shit cards are entirely different things with entirely different purposes, so replacing one with the other is going to fuck Limited something awful.
>>
>>47440508
>Overprint staples - Underprint staples
>Nothing in between

There are very many points along the scale, where you don't blast the secondary market into Bolivian, but you also don't turn MtG into pay-to-win. In recent years, WotC tendency has been to see Magic as a collectible first, and a game second. Business has been good, but if they keep applying pressure, the bubble is going to burst. Opening packs should essentially be a monetary loss, but not to the extreme that it is these days. I lived through what GW became, and I see certain similarities with how Magic has been run lately.
>>
>tfw casual player
>bought MM, regretted it despite opening some decent stuff
>MM2 not even once
>half the cards people are complaining about make me want to buy a box of this thing
man /tg/ I'm never going to understand what your ideal for magic is, everything makes you mad.
>>
Too bad there werent rares from old sets downshifted to uncommon because its a masters set....
>>
>>
>>47441954
Right next to all the packs you won in the draft because it's fucking void.
>>
>>47442001
meh
>>
>>47441962
It's a great plan, it's just blue sky and unrealistic, and I know that.

And as far as 'fucking limited', understand that it's a highly resistant format to being fucked, compared to others.
>>
>>47442001
RIP damnation?

>>47442006
>muh draft

We have 4 other sets coming out this year for drafting, why must wizards cater to limited autists with this set too? Rather than actually printing things to make the accessible they choose to fill the sets with swill and rarity bumps and hide behind "it's for a balanced limited enviroment".
>>
>>47442001
>WoG
I mean, it is a staple, so I get it, but why?
>>
>>47442030
damnation was unlikely to happen when toxic deluge came in at rare.
>>
>>47438319
>Oh thank you sweet massah, fo' not knocking up the rarity on this one card
>though you did it on thirty others

Cabal Therapy is a good thing to reprint, one of my favorite discard cards after Hymn to Tourach, but seriously _not_ bumping up rarities is not a thing to be praised. It's the normal situation. It's what's expected of them, and every time they don't deliver on that, they have failed. When they up the rarity of something, they should be forced at gunpoint to amputate and eat one of their own limbs.
>>
>>47440915
It was is the first one right? , dont think it was in mm2
>>
>>47442050
>When they up the rarity of something, they should be forced at gunpoint to amputate and eat one of their own limbs.

>Now introducing the Wizards of the Coast internship program! The only requirement is that you not be a quadruple amputee.
>>
>>47438609
i agree
>>
>>47442040

Because fuck giving people what they need.

I'd love to see the meetings where WotC chooses what cards to put into these sets, just to see the lunacy that leads to filling a $15-a-pack set with two dollar rares.
>>
>>47442092
Packs are $10 a pop boy-o.
>>
>>47442040
Because no matter how many times they print it the card never seems to stay below $10 for long, plus everyone loves wrath and having at rare is fine.

I sooner open wrath over void or control magic (though a foil control magic would be da bomb).
>>
>>47442001
>Damnation
>Toxic Deluge

Yeah, the Damnation dream is dead again. At least Toxic Deluge is played more in Legacy, deserved a reprint AND deserved a foil version.
>>
>>47442104
>Because no matter how many times they print it the card never seems to stay below $10 for long

It's four dollars right now.

>plus everyone loves wrath and having at rare is fine.

No. It's not fine. Not in this set. In this set it should be Damnation because that's a card that actually needs a reprint.
>>
>>47441636
It also makes 0 sense out of context in any way and doesn't depict anything for anyone not entrenched in the laughably stupid Weatherlight saga plot.
>>
>>47442139
>Damnation because that's a card that actually needs a reprint

You make it sound like these sets are made for the health of the formats and not to just line vendors and stores pockets with dumb goy money.
>>
But where are the creatures?

When drafting how do you even win? Everything is tutors or draw cards or some weird effect.

How does wizard expect people to win games in draft, are they going to make the win cons all commons? That's going to boost pauper so hard i ain't even mad !
>>
>>47442103
>implying anyone without connections can find them for that price
>>
>>47442030
T-t-theres still hope anon...
>>
>>47442163
Yeah, we need should have more generic "this vampire gary stu is cool because kill niggas" flavour texts.

Of all the versions of vindicate to date, the first judge promo and the orginal printing are the best.

>>47442191
you win by casting rorix bladewing, or by animating rorix bladewing or by stealing him with control magic.

Just don't let them draw their void, otherwise you're onto the 20 turn nigger tim gameplan.
>>
>>47442006

Nobody's going to fucking draft a limited print run triple price set.
>>
>>47442236
Speak for yourself you dumb poorfag.
>>
What is everyone's favorite reprint so far?
>>
>>47439257
En Ingles, por favor?
>>
>>47442261
Rorix bladewing, really needed that coveted slot in this set, he was getting too pricey.

I also love giant tortoise, quality card.
>>
>>47442261
Tezzeret the Seeker
>>
File: controlmagic.jpg (43 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
controlmagic.jpg
43 KB, 265x370
>>47442261
>>
>>47442261
Entomb and Ichorid
>>
>>47442261
Entomb is god tier.
>>
>>47442261
Vindicate. Because Sorin. Also because Vindicate.
>>
>>47441983
Fellow casual. It feels like tg is way more interested in playing Investment Banker and Business Advisor than Magic
>>
>>47440959

Magic is fine. Not a game for children. Get a better job no one wants to hear about how you can't afford your hobby.
>>
>>47442261
Counterspell. I know two different guys who preordered boxes and I'm pretty sure they'll just give me a few counterspells since they're commons. Saves me money in building muh paper pauper decks. I'm also excited to see chain lightning and hymn
>>
>>47442213
Random Star Wars doesn't make for a good vindicate. I will argue that to my death. I'm not a fan of in-the-way-of-a-millennia-old-vampire, but at the very least seeing someone crumbled to dust shows the card's effect.

I'm still mad about Hull Breach's stupid name and flavor.
>>
>>47442261
Nimble Mongoose
>>
>>47442410
Then it shouldn't need this reprint set. Go back to bed, grandpa.
>>
>>47442261
Diminishing Returns, Ichorid, Cabal Therapy, Vampiric Tutor, Gamble, Chrome Mox

I hope they print all the other Belcher and Dredge cards that haven't been printed in a modern frame yet as well.
>>
>>47442213
Nostalfag detected
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 42

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.