[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A question for the GMs whose the settings don't have humans
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: scarlet crusade cute human.jpg (18 KB, 217x430) Image search: [Google]
scarlet crusade cute human.jpg
18 KB, 217x430
A question for the GMs whose the settings don't have humans as the master race:
Did you nerfed the humans or boosted the others?

Pic unrelated
>>
>>47432695
I actually buffed the humans.
>>
>>47435722
How and why?
>>
>>47432695
Nerfed the humans, in that it's high magic and humans aren't as good as elves. Granted, humans and elves are all that exist in large quantity (the other third race being innately supernatural and spiritual, and as such don't really have enough of a society to have much of a culture), so humans aren't terrible, but it doesn't come quite as naturally to them, so they don't have big magic cities like the elves do, and instead have a tribal, bronze-age culture.
>>
>>47435913
Humans are natural magicians. Every single one.

The other races are ridiculous bullshit, so it makes sense for humans to be ridiculous bullshit too.
>>
>>47436095
I like your style anon, the way you reply.
>>
>>47432695
nah humans are 3.5 D&D tier humans, the problem is they exist in the equivalent of exalted, so they can be lvl 20 super archmages with bullshit and the ability to spawn new planes.
and then some solar exalt fucks their shit and explodes their entire plane with mind bullets.
>>
This is just an idea I came up with on the toilet.

All races have a kind of cheesy predisposition to being good or evil, elves nice orcs bad, and this means that these races have a kind of natural bond that makes moral issues easier for their societies to deal with and helps them connect with similarly aligned races.
Humans are (in this scenario) a morally neutral race with no predisposition and they can swing one way or the other, as well as having a much harder time dealing with moral issues as a race and in their divided societies, their infighting and indecisiveness left them on the back foot.It also means that individual humans have an easier time fitting in with other races and cultures and whatnot, so in the end humans aren't dominant but they still adapt and survive nonetheless.
>>
>>47432695
>make your own setting
>add humans so unimaginative people don't have to step out of their safe space.

I bet you order a hotdog and fries at Chinese restaurants.
>>
>>47437226
There's nothing wrong with playing humans. Most humanoids just end up being portrayed as a specific national stereotype anyway so it doesn't make much odds to me.
>>
>>47432695
>having a setting with a 'master race'
>>
Some of my settings have humans and other species treating each other as equels
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.