[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SS13: d20 station
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 70
Welcome to the thread for d20 station, a rules light Space Station 13 server.

>What the fuck is Space Station 13
A top down atmospherics simulator with a "whodunit" on top. Survive in the station and do your department's job, while fixing the problems that the antagonists cause.

>How do I get this game?
BYOND Download link: http://www.byond.com/download/

To connect: Open BYOND, click the gear in the upper right. Click "Open Location" and paste in the IP below. Click "Ok", or place the ip into your browser.
byond://76.16.8.127:28014
alt: byond://d20station.ddns.net:28014

>I don't want to play as a hobo and my game keeps crashing
BYOND account registration link: https://secure.byond.com/Join
Without an account you can still join but you will only be able to join as either a hobo or a tourist. People without an account reported difficulty joining the server and maintaining connection, get an account.

>How the fuck do I play this game? I keep hitting myself with things.
Use OOC and ask someone for help on how to play. People will almost always help you get a grip of the game if you're polite about it, just don't reveal too much in-round information in OOC.

Other information can be found on the wiki. http://robustvinyl.com/ss13/wiki/
Check out the server pop graph to see when people are playing: http://www.ss13.se/servers/2284/
>>
File: 20160523_220516.jpg (7 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20160523_220516.jpg
7 MB, 5312x2988
Bump
+a really good engine setup
>>
>>47426627
what are the settings on that mixer?
how much power does the TEG output?
>>
>>47426634
Idk i just found it setup last night and it was still going strong this morning
>>
4 people playing right now
>>
Haven't played SS13 in ages, why doesn't the general show the /tg/ servers anymore? What's this d20 station stuff?
>>
>>47427805
/tg/station has nothing to do with /tg/ anymore
>>
>>47427876
Might you elaborate?
>>
>>47427929
I think it had something to do with the admin team of tg being slowly replaced by people who don't browse 4chan.
d20 is a branch off an old NT build has always been tied to this board
don't quote me on this
>>
Client keeps fucking crashing help
>>
>>47427805
this isn't ss13 general, it's the discussion thread for d20
>>
File: 1464062024029.jpg (57 KB, 499x831) Image search: [Google]
1464062024029.jpg
57 KB, 499x831
>>47427929
essentially there began a /tg/-centric server called /tg/ station on this board but slowly after the years the original player base was phased out either getting bored, sick of ss13, or found something new to play, and was mostly entirely replaced with players who don't care for anything /tg/ related.
>>
Brb restarting computer
>>
>4 people on
>new round in 2 minutes
>>
20 seconds!
>>
so how's d20 been

summer soon lads
>>
File: ruseAI.webm (3 MB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
ruseAI.webm
3 MB, 853x480
>>
Hey Mezzo, do you have any screenshots from that round where I robusted a borg and a scientist with nothing but a wizard hat?
>>
>>47430511
you posted this just to trigger me didin't you
how the fuck hard is it to kill rouge ai
make some fucking thermite
open a toolbox
>>
Drag your character onto your victim to access the special forbidden fruits unique to D20! Now with children!
>>
remember to re-elect robert paulson for 2016 friends
>>
The server is empty
The server's players seemed to have given up.
Even the memes have died
all around me I see nobodies,shitters and hull breaches that have yet to be fixed.
Our threads grow less frequent with each passing week.
The admins and oldfags have abandoned you not because they lost hope in you,but because YOU lost hope in you.
Come back to this server and this game
create your own fun
fuck the meta
teach the mechanics
run your own goddamn theme rounds
Make your own rules
reincarnate into something better
we can make D20 great again.
jokes aside lets rehash the server make it medium rp ill bite my tongue and put up with a new community with new shit and ill teach newfags. I would rather we live and be different then we die.
>>
File: mongols.jpg (90 KB, 750x519) Image search: [Google]
mongols.jpg
90 KB, 750x519
>>47431517
maybe if we got rid of the mongols raiding us we could stabilize our government and trade with england for spices
>>
>>47431517
If it wasn't dead, it wouldn't be dead. That's the rub.
>>
>>47431544
>>47431539
We just have to try it sucks now but with effort and time It could work.
Rehash the server as medium RP and collect a small base of people who actually play the game (whether we make it private later down the road i dunno) The new blood should bring back oldfags and if everyone cooperates the community might actually not be cancer. Just gotta commit to it.
>>
>>47431612
We can add.. alien races. People love alien races! We can have a catperson race, and a weird robot race, and a reptilian race!
>>
>>47432487
nah thats lame
people hate all those things
>>
>>47432487
we already have all of those because you can put peoples brains into cats, cyborgs, and space lizards
>>
>>47432487
reminder corgis shouldn't exist as a job
>>
File: 1374049048248.jpg (4 KB, 242x208) Image search: [Google]
1374049048248.jpg
4 KB, 242x208
>assistants get the shitty gun
>they try to kill people with it
>empty cell before hitting anyone
>they try to claim it was just a prank
every time
>>
How's player count been looking last few weeks? Haven't had PC internet access for a fortnight and before that never caught a lot of people for a while.
>>
>>47437434
>Check out the server pop graph to see when people are playing: http://www.ss13.se/servers/2284/
the graph pretty much tells the story: dead with a chance of game
>>
>>47438106
I'll try to be online tonight at around the same time as that peak yesterday started.
>>
Is that fucking chaplain still around starting random murder cults every round?
>>
>>47442486
nope
>>
>>47444264
What about the doctor that'd incessantly just grow drugs and not heal anyone? I'll never join this server again because of that degenerate piece of shit.
>>
>>47444354
literally who
>>
ded
>>
>>47449921
megaded
>>
Any spacemen up for a game today?
>>
>>47428610
How's the spacetorio stuff?
>>
File: SpaceMan.jpg (207 KB, 779x1200) Image search: [Google]
SpaceMan.jpg
207 KB, 779x1200
>>47426300
>Sad Space Man is dying
>Always to tired after work to Space Man

These are dark times.
>>
Here's a spaceman trying to join a spacestation. Little did he know the spacestation was already dead (I can't even join, what is up with that?)
>>
>>47460894
Should be up, do you have an account?
>>
File: Screenshot (4).png (254 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (4).png
254 KB, 1366x768
The server is shitting itself right now.
I got in but I'm frozen on this screen.
>>
server's back up
>>
A return has been made.
>>
>>47436400
*angry barking*
>>
So is this server good now that that fucking chaplain is gone? Is the fucking "LE R&D IS TOO LE OP ;____________;" idiot gone yet?
>>
>>47428610

As far as I know /tg/station isn't even up anymore. D20 station seems to have far cleaner code, to boot.
>>
>>47468561
>D20 station seems to have far cleaner code
How would you know?
>>
>>47469059
Have you seen the station?
It's squeaky clean apart from like every department .
>>
>>47469080
It's empty, not clean.
>>
>>47469080
there's code to have mobs make dirt on the floor
>>
Anyone got any good stories from recently?

I got one:

>Be me
>Be engineer
>Be traitor
>Oshit.webm
>My objective is to simply kill someone and get out alive and not in cuffs when the shuttles docks with cent comm
>Lets do this
>Captain announces that he wants to start a social experiment on the asteroid, to see if a smaller society can thrive there, asking for volunteers
>He needs an engineer
>Drop all of my plans to simply kill my target
>Murderbone: Activaed
>Go to brig where he asked for volunteers to meet, grouped with 7 other people
>Some traitor had already been killed and they gave us his items, consisting of two edaggers and two chemical implants, take one of each
>Captain tells us to establish a new society there and sends us off to the roid
>We take a cow with us as a pet. We name it "The Sacred Cow" (This becomes key later)
>Arrive and we start mining for resources
>The clown came along, starts attacking the clown
>Me and my colleagues become aggravated, seeing as how the Cow is obviously Sacred
>We start beating his shit in
>Yells at us to stop, but I keep going, others join in
>Clown dies
>One down, six to go
>We loot the poor clown and continue about our mining
>I decide to buy the dickhead combination of ebow and in conjunction with my edagger
>One guy returns the resources to the roid base while the others continue to mine
>Murder him in cold blood
>Shuttle at roid base docks
>OHSHIT
>Run away and blend in with my colleagues on the roid.
>They won't know its me
>>
>>47473233

>nonchalantly mining with roidbros and wait for the impending security assrape to make its way to us
>Several minutes pass and nothing
>Go back to roid base, body still there, no security, shuttle gone
>Alright, whatever
>Hide the body and head back to the mining
>Decide its time to strike once again
>The miners have started mining in a claustrophobic area, having dug out a narrow passage in the roid's depths
>This is it
>Buy syndicate minibomb and chuck it at them
>There is no escape
>It explodes and I kill 3 of them
>2 others run away, as they were mining off in the distance
>Ebow one of them and finish him with edagger
>Chase the other one down to roid base and murder him in the same fashion
>I have effectively killed this society
>Before I know it, the Captain and Security arrives to check on how we are doing
>Pure. Fucking. Destruction.
>I run out back into the roid before they see me
>I lay down among the dead bodies
>People screaming over radio: "OH GOD THEYRE ALL DEAD"
>My work is being acknowledged
>They make their way down the roid and eventually find the spot where I bombed fuckers, where I'm currently laying dormant, ready to strike
>Theres fucking 5 of them
>Underestimated just how many of them there would be
>Start to panic
>What the fuck do I do
>They start dragging the dead bodies to the roid base
>One of them approaches me
>"HEY"
>This is the end.
>"This one is still alive"
>This is it, then
>>
>>47473311

>Stand up and dart away, trying to make an escape
>Stun bolts smacking into the roid walls behind me
>Theres nothing I can do but run
>Get back to the roid base which is empty
>Hide in a locker
>Wait for a few moments, seeing if they're going to come running back or play time
>No one is coming
>Run to shuttle and try to send it back to the station
>noaccess.png
>Realize just how fucked I am
>Didn't have the brilliant idea to go mine a narrow path to escape on the roid at the time
>One lone sec officer returns to the roid base
>Try to murder him with ebow/edagger combo
>I fail and he stuns me
>Cuffs me
>"Got him." he says over radio
>FUCK
>They hang a noose and ask for my final words
>"I regret nothing."
>They hang me and beat me to death and then cut off all of my appendages
>tfw I literally killed a small society and ruined the Captain's social experiment

Felt good.
>>
>>47473360
WAIT WHAT YOU WERE PART OF THAT TOO

https://www.reddit.com/r/SS13/comments/4l7xtk/story_of_a_social_experiment/

HAHAHAHA
>>
>>47473360
>>47473878
Wait shit, he did it another round, it was on hippie right?
>>
>>47473895

It most certainly was. My story was the other experiment, though its funny that the other had pretty much the same outcome
>>
>>47473921
it is ss13 afterall

disposal tech > engineer
>>
[necromancy]
>>
now is time to play, we have a whooping 2 people ready.
>>
tg is overpuplated, d20 is dead... I miss skeleton crews with 5-10 men.
>>
>>47479068
>skeleton crew with 10 men
so used to dead that 10 feels like a real crew
>>
bamp
>>
>>47426300

I got a 1 month ban from /vg/ station for accidentally bumping into someone while I was in a wheelchair,

does /vg/ server do stupid bans like this? I thought /vg/ was the only station that DIDN'T do retarded bans, but they proved me wrong.
>>
>>47484717
they'll ban you for blowing up a welding fuel tank for a few days regardless of context
>>
>>47484735

Even as antag?

like, if I turn it into a bomb, with proxy sensor, and leave it where I'm pretty sure my target will walk past,

I'd still get a few day ban?
>>
>>47484746
I think it's even shaky doing it as antag but i'm not sure

I just know some guy blew one up with proper IC escalation at security and then got hit with a three day ban no questions
>>
>>47484788
if they dont want people blowing them up they should just make them not blow-upable
>>
I can't start engine power as captain what is this?
>>
>>47485085
I mean, I can start the engine but APCs and SMESs only say loading and that's it. Same shit with the cryo cell.
>>
>>47431517
If everybody coulda just stayed at medium roleplay high skill like a year ago instead of all the newer shitters who all held hands to make everybody else quit over the course of said year everything coulda been peachy.

Too bad the mods all decided that the Freeman way of "shit on somebody else for no reason then greentext myself looking moral and just and super funny even if I lie about it".

But hey it was just out invested time ya'know.
>>
File: 1463234020822.png (683 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1463234020822.png
683 KB, 600x600
>>47485127
That wasn't a very well put together post because I've been drinking but I probably got my feelings across fine.
>>
File: 1464049344486.png (787 KB, 786x588) Image search: [Google]
1464049344486.png
787 KB, 786x588
>>47485139
>>47485127
its okay cause that's not really what happened
>>
>>47485145
same
>>
Forgetting about the who's and whys the server died for this point, what does everyone think about doing some kind of reboot or something to try and get a community back again?

Obviously at this point /tg/ alone doesn't have too much of an interest in it as it is.
>>
>>47485179
I'd love a reboot but with the same people involved everybody is gonna have the same problems.

The people who had always been at the core of the problems will always say

>Dindu nuffin
>core "ideals" of le serber
>at least my echo chamber loves me

If those 4-5 people can't keep it going among themselves then there's no hope.
>>
>>47485199
Those 4-5 people aren't playing friendo.
>>
File: 1464406825339.jpg (105 KB, 700x387) Image search: [Google]
1464406825339.jpg
105 KB, 700x387
>>47485179
there's three ways it can go
it can stay dead like it is now, though I don't know what coders will stick around to fiddle with the code if there's nobody to use it and eventually astv would likely pull the server down to use the resources elsewhere.

We could get good players, though they'd be small in number and return the server to skeleton crew status. These players aren't prone to shittery but there's not enough of them for the higher speed shenanigans that ss13 is known for and it would likely get stale within a bit.

Or we could just get a lot of "players". The high number of players would mean a wide difference in playstyles and what they find fun, which may reach the tipping point of majority of players being greytide/or just into the game for lmao griff. Usually these players are either banned or more often leave of their own accord when they figure out that d20 is comparatively a bit harder to shit around on than bay or /vg/. On the upside of having shitters we would have a high player count which would in turn attract more players, we'd just have to carefully stem and balance the tide of shit players which would end up being a full time job.
>>47485199
whatever happened a year and a half ago or whatever isn't really relevant and has been discussed to death
the core "ideals" of the server differ even from coder to coder but they usually rest somewhere along the lines of players should be able to be self-sufficient with hardly any admin intervention.
>echo chamber
inb4 starchamber shenanigans

as it stands right now nobody is playing because there's no players and nobody wants to sit by themselves for two hours doing nothing to reach a peak of five players. Literally the only thing that we can bank on is summer since majority of people will be away from school
>>
>>47485108

byond bug it happens sometimes
>>
>>47485231
I wouldn't be against coming online and spending time to repopulate the server and try to glue everything back together again socially.

I'm just understandably(hopefully) afraid everything would fall back into the 'tried and true' non-interactive what color of griffhobo do you want today-sir.

>whatever happened a year and a half ago or whatever isn't really relevant and has been discussed to death

I don't disagree, I just am not gonna sit through the slow bleed that started long ago.

tl;dr : I'll show up on the server later today and I'll join in. See you all then I hope.
>>
>>47485322
I don't think just us joining the server occasionally will revive it, I think really only the third way Freeman said would work, atleast to start the community again.
>>
>>47485322
I got work for another 3 hours, I'll join you when I get home
>>
Why don't we set a time that most people can play at, I think most of us are on the East Coast yes? Then I'd say 7 PM EST would be a good time to get on, unless others have something to say to that.
>>
>>47486070
Well apparently we have 30~ IPs in the thread so deciding a night and time to play seems like a good idea.

Having the occasional good game is better than endless ded.

I'm in GMT the now but any time is fine for spessmens.
>>
>>47486103
What's that one website that makes surveys, like on a stickynote background?
>>
>>47486135
strawpoll I think is what you're looking for.
>>
File: whatthfck.png (148 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
whatthfck.png
148 KB, 480x480
http://www.strawpoll.me/10331540
>>
>>47486208
>http://www.strawpoll.me/10331540
Literally all votes are 7 pm
>>
>>47486353
3 on 7, 1 on 4, 1 on 5.

Only 5 votes, ideally to get a good number we should wait for 15-20?
>>
So are the people who voted 7pm gonna be on for a round tonight?
>>
Remove the 2 player limit
>>
>>47488140
Sure thing babe ;)
>>
>>47488140
Probably not, unless my internet situation gets un-fucked in time.
>>
>>47488140
I will definitely try.
>>
>that one NEET who says that HIGH NOON is best for him
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-05-28-18-50-46.png (950 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-05-28-18-50-46.png
950 KB, 1280x800
>>47489933
It's like timezones don't exist, amirite?
>>
File: wickedstirner.png (448 KB, 584x800) Image search: [Google]
wickedstirner.png
448 KB, 584x800
>>47489996
but anon the world revolves around me
>>
>>47485179
It's obvious who's at fault for the server dying, and those people have to be removed. From life.
>>
>>47484717
They're not stupid bans at all, but you can be banned for your behaviour in the thread. So watch out, shitposters!
>>
Hello Amanda Jung.
>>
7 PLAYERS, 5 READY.
GET IN HERE.
>>
>6 players ready
get in here
>>
>>47491817
I'd rather not just get griffed and eye-stabbed again by you-know-who.
>>
File: index cut you.png (377 KB, 600x337) Image search: [Google]
index cut you.png
377 KB, 600x337
12 on
it's 20 after 5, hour and ahalf before 7

summer he cometh
>>
19 on, ya faggots
>>
>>47492924
We hit the 25 mark
>>
So this is the power of lifeweb...woah
>>
File: 1463173272653.gif (563 KB, 298x175) Image search: [Google]
1463173272653.gif
563 KB, 298x175
>28 players
>>
File: d20.jpg (47 KB, 624x409) Image search: [Google]
d20.jpg
47 KB, 624x409
>all this recharging of lasers has been raping the power grid to the point not only security but all the hall lights flicker on and off
i'm quite enjoying this
>>
TRAITOR
>>
File: storm trooper round.png (4 KB, 611x56) Image search: [Google]
storm trooper round.png
4 KB, 611x56
i think this really just sums up the new players
>>
>>47493754
literally baited
>>
>oh boy time to try AI when the station has people on
>paladin
>on a storm tide station
>try to organise an evacuation to telecomms or off station for civilians
>can't save people since the entire place is a warzone
>can't punish the evildoers since I can't tell who's who
>no idea what the fuck is going on
>everyone ends up dead
[wake me up inside]
>>
File: 1463779559250.png (743 KB, 600x473) Image search: [Google]
1463779559250.png
743 KB, 600x473
>yfw lily calls the shuttle after your cargo team almost has factorio set up
>>
>>47494952
YOU SHOULD HAVE BITCHED AND I WOULD HAVE STOPPED EM FOR MUH MONEY.
>>
it was a good few rounds friends, let's try to do this again 7 pm tomorrow

stormtroopers are both great and horrible, i can't tell if i like them or not
>>
File: 1464157966617.jpg (17 KB, 230x252) Image search: [Google]
1464157966617.jpg
17 KB, 230x252
>when you throw out your mask and o2 tank to make space for tools and it's a meteor round
>>
>>47494973
But he DID
>>
>>47494952
I'M SORRY I WAS HOS BOTH YOU AND ME KNOW THAT IS NOT GOOD
>>
File: advanced cat robusting.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
advanced cat robusting.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
For my target Irvan who was bullied by NT who did not accept his big boxes, shortly before I was gonna hook the disposals pipes to launch him into space and fuck some people up with my endless amounts of gear, I died for his sins.

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the NT Cargo Techs, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on the Syndicate, and I have over 300 confirmed received crates. I am trained in botany dosh making and I’m the top miner in the entire NT spess forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before in this galaxy, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with taking my points away from me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the NT Corp and your spess IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your cargo points. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can get cargo points off you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed robustness, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the NT Armory and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the galaxy, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment about big boxes was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.
>>
File: 1463268939294.png (34 KB, 183x212) Image search: [Google]
1463268939294.png
34 KB, 183x212
>>47498025
turning him into random animals every time he tried to griff was funny
>>
>>47485231
>FalloutNewVegas.jpg

D20 is unique. Its not even the features and gimmicks and all the amazing effort you guys put into it. You got some of the best admins and players too.

People that actually do their job without discrimination. On the average hub-server you have shitty Admins trying to be friends with their terrible playerbase. Also retarded blood feuds between different Admins and Coders because they went insane after getting some power over a 2D atmos-sim.

D20 is a tiny star in the vast depressing galaxy of shitty ss13 servers.

Please keep up the good work.
>>
would tearing limbs off with the grab intent be a bad idea?
>>
>>47502176
it takes a lot of fucking force to tear someone's limb off with a grab
it would be dumb
>>
>>47502298
but as a replacement for choke if you have hulk
that would be fine, right?
>>
>>47501054
>You got some of the best admins and players too.
Even lily?
>>
File: Sec to Toxins.webm (856 KB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
Sec to Toxins.webm
856 KB, 720x404
>>47502176
>>47502298

what about explosions? or acid? This would make chemistry accidents so much more fun.
>>
>>47502597
>chemistry accidents
only thing i can think of is miss clicking with a beaker of plasma
>>
File: 131981552062.jpg (52 KB, 375x500) Image search: [Google]
131981552062.jpg
52 KB, 375x500
>>47502489
There are far worse shitters out there. Lily just has a unhealthy relationship to the armory.
>>
Remember friends
http://www.strawpoll.me/10331540/r
>>
bump of LIFE!!
>>
>>47503326
Dorf?
>>
>>47506112, see

>>47486070
>>47486103
>>
>2pm est
>8 people ready up
what the hell is going on
get in here
>>
>>47502176
I like the sound of being able to tear limbs.
>>
new round faggots
>>
>>47506625
It sounds like it would just be a gimmick
When's the last time you saw someone getting choked?
>>
>>47509514
But it'll be fun.
Literal amputations and such.
Sticking heads onto pikes, imagine the potential.
>>
holy fuck 20 people
>>
>>47510833
Stormtroopertide station: 3 respawns available
>>
>>47493754
Good. This is the kind of server we need. One that's about robusting and being robusted. The /k/ server. The GITGUD server.
>>
File: 1454678836917.png (83 KB, 400x475) Image search: [Google]
1454678836917.png
83 KB, 400x475
>>47510924
take this and put a stormtrooper on the assistant
>>
SERB DEAD?
>>
>>47511473
back up
>>
File: 1458368041066.jpg (204 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1458368041066.jpg
204 KB, 640x480
server back up
>>
No one told me how fucking horrifying playing ling was.

>engineer ling
>help out at cargo to gain their trust
>make a stunprod
>go find one of the miners who are alone on the roid
>disable their radio and stun/kill
>they end up screaming for help and their final words to me are "why"
>assume their identity and talk to the other tech
>say there's tons of good ore and I need the ore box
>they come over to the roid and give me a laser gun as a birthday present
>thank them
>disable their radio and stun/shoot with the laser they just gave me
>absorb and go back to engineer to return to empire station
>server crashes before I can finish up Ling:NIGHTMARE mode

2fun
>>
>>47502384
Make cyberlimb prosthetics first.
>>
>>47511726
Don't the aug limbs count for that?
>>
>>47511762
Already? Hm, I didn't see operational table in RD section, so I assumed there is no such thing.
>>
>>47511847
you can print the aug limbs in rnd on the mecha fab. there's also a similar machine in surgery that only prints the aug limbs
>>
Some things never really change
>>
>>47513460
They do, you should be able to smash the crate now
>>
File: my sides].png (348 KB, 1379x1329) Image search: [Google]
my sides].png
348 KB, 1379x1329
I'm happy I died so I could witness the comedy gold of this sec team, much better than playing.

>two engineers go to kill me as I'm hit by airflow
>I shout for help and my location over comms
>die and the CE absorbs me, dumps me at solars
>they tell sec I was starting shit, not to worry
>sec see the doors are hacked and ask who did it and get lied to
>instead of scanning them themselves
>instead of looking on the crew monitoring console for my location they eventually get a tip off from the engineer who helped the ce
>the officer sent to get my corpse takes so long by not using public use airlocks I somehow get dislodged from solars and end up on the station roid, still in crew scanning range
>find my blood leading outside anyway
>even though the murderers were arrested they let them go since "viktor was le crazy since he his chapel a bitching paintjob"
>CE ends up going around plasma flooding but got caught doing it
>sec does something(?) as CE goes around the station unhindered setting plasma fires everywhere
>finally captured in bridge
>CE instantly goes braindead
>>
>when evening EST time is late morning / midday in your timezone

I haven't even played SS13 in months, but I miss there being actually fun active servers
>>
>>47515309
Are you Australian rhymeanon?
>>
>>47514742
>HoP promotes random assistant decked out in shitter gear to HoS and gives him all access
>As an officer ask for extended access to the rest of the station
>Only gives me access to medbay and engineering entrances

I was a little peeved. Luckily Irvan was around to give me a giggle.
>>
>>47515459
>both the heads they promoted were tators/lings
>>
>>47515414
New Zealand.
>>
>>47515502
But the rhymeanon nonetheless?
>>
File: mfw.png (75 KB, 180x194) Image search: [Google]
mfw.png
75 KB, 180x194
>>47426300
>mfw sounds for screaming, crying, etc.
>mfw you don't have to buckle up
>mfw Nernums is still around despite being an abombing badmin :^)

Did being listed really make D20 create a bunch of features I am neither for nor against
>>
>>47515874
>tfw retards don't use N2O when they do surgery
I will walk into the surgery room and strap anesthesia tanks to both of you
>>
>>47516780
but why

screaming is fun
>>
So I'm dicking around since the server's empty.

I put a tank of O2/CO2/N2O on a monkey and set its internals. Whenever I stand adjacent to the little shit, I pass out as if I'm the one breathing the mixture.

Neat.
>>
I can't fucking wait until that chaplain is finally fucking banned forever.
>>
File: Now shut your fucking face.jpg (28 KB, 976x114) Image search: [Google]
Now shut your fucking face.jpg
28 KB, 976x114
>>47518423
>>
>>47518423
Why are chaplains even still implemented? All they do is powergame and metagriff with their magic storage item bible and dick ass null rod with a bajillion force and more consistent knockdowns than bolas and nunchucks combined.
>>
>>47518520
>magic storage bible
>not just getting another internals box
>not knowing the null rod got nerfed to be near most easy to get items
>>
File: griffrod.jpg (181 KB, 1435x686) Image search: [Google]
griffrod.jpg
181 KB, 1435x686
>>47518520
[shitposting loudly]
>>
>>47518505
Good. Now that medical doctor is next. The asshole who just abuses the chem machine to do botany...
>>
>>47518604
So the null rod is more effective than a 1-handed fire axe, and second only to a circular saw, of which only one exists on the whole station? Wow. Chaplain seems SOOOO underpowered.
>>
>>47518798
>and second only to a circular saw, of which only one exists on the whole station? Wow. Chaplain seems SOOOO underpowered.
AHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHAHHAHA
LOOK AT THIS RETARD
HE DOESN'T KNOW WHERE ALL THE SAWS ARE
MY
FUCKING
SIDES
>>
>>47519014
Name all the classes that start with a circular saw and fire axe, completely ready to just wreck the whole arrivals shuttle and any responding sec they encounter. Go on, I'll wait.
>>
>>47519038
>Scientist
>Medical Doctor
>Chemist
>HoS
>RD
>Captain
>HoP
>CMO
>CE
>Engineer (I think there's an axe in engineering, I'm not too sure)
>>
File: 1417917792508.jpg (133 KB, 728x636) Image search: [Google]
1417917792508.jpg
133 KB, 728x636
>>47519038
>classes
the assistant does
>>
>>47519038
>be any job
>walk to public autolathe
>print saw
Wow
>>
This shit still lags like hell? New engine when?
>>
File: 1446831257301.gif (48 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1446831257301.gif
48 KB, 600x600
>>47521675
the engine has never been the problem
>>
>>47521802
astv moving to an area with a stable internet connection when?
>>
>>
good to see that this is still the best station for erp
>>
>>47426300
Correct me if I'm wrong, but if the AI has the 3 Asimov laws and an only human law gets added in position 4 then it can't be interpreted in a way that causes harm to humans because that's a conflict with higher precedent laws.

Am I correct here?
>>
>>47521802
byond is dogshit though.
>>
>>47526371
"Human" isn't defined anywhere except in the 4th law
>>
>>47526371
Law 4 would go into effect since it doesn't break any other laws, it just redefines what human is. Prior to the law being added the AI would need to stop it to the best of their ability, since making many humans non-human could lead to their harm.
>>
>>47526422
AI doesn't know what it's getting though
>>
>>47526449
if the person that is about to change their laws murdered another guy, it can be assumed that they do not have favorable intentions for the rest of the crew
if they've done nothing, the AI should suspect nothing
>>
>>47526449
>>47527053
What I'm saying is that the redefinition of a human as nonhuman can inherently lead to harm therefore it should require precedence in the rule set to be followed, especially with murderous intent.
>>
>>47526381
not as much as some of the code people have put into the game over the years
part of the reason this engine is stretched near its limits is because of inefficient spaghetti knot code
>>
>>47528216
dm only has itself to blame
>no interfaces
>1 based arrays
>no multiple inherritance
>>
>>47426300
>first time on in months
>get called a fag

just like I remember
>>
File: 1423961944368.jpg (416 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1423961944368.jpg
416 KB, 1920x1080
new round, get on faggolinis
>>
File: Toxins Scientist gets arrested.jpg (305 KB, 751x1000) Image search: [Google]
Toxins Scientist gets arrested.jpg
305 KB, 751x1000
Wizard rounds a shit, new round again
>>
File: our target audience.png (3 KB, 414x34) Image search: [Google]
our target audience.png
3 KB, 414x34
>>
File: shicurdy.png (309 KB, 489x640) Image search: [Google]
shicurdy.png
309 KB, 489x640
>>47530384
as it should be
>>
This station is seriously fucked. Admins are fucking goddamn retarded. Griefers that kill as nonantag who ahelp when it is *threatened* to happen back, which results in week long bans.

In short, take you server and shove it. Never seen so many crybaby tryhards. If you are going to run a lawless server, do it. If you are going to enforce some guidelines, do it. Dont half and half.

Also having two seperate admins handle the same issue is bad form. Especially mid round.
>>
>>47531154
what are you even on about
>>
>>47531427
Guess Ill try to lay out the whole scenario with as little salt as possible.

>Get killed by sec for suspicion of being in cult early in a round when I wasnt. Ahelp response: 'Mistakes happen in space.' Well, mistakes can be avoided by incarceration, holy water, and so on. But nevertheless moving on.

>Playing CMO. >Doing my job. >CJAJ barges in, tasers me, arrests me. >Steals all my stuff, sets me free after five minutes with just my cloak and jumpsuit. >Ahelp response: 'We will monitor the situation in the future'.

>CJAJ Again arrests me as a chemist for unwrenching the chemistry machine to get into chems after having ID stolen. Go braindead in perma. Ahelp: 'He is on probation, we are waiting for him to mess up so we can ban' Well great.

>Find HoS ID on ground. >Return it to sec. >Walk into sec. >"H-h-h-e-e-ey I found this...." >Tasered, set into perma. Ahelp: 'It was understandable.

>Get beaten to death by non antag as a non antag with fire extinguisher just yesterday. Ahelp: 'You need to chill out with the ahelp'

>Next round go and kill the same cuck at the start of round after five minutes of threats over IC radio that I couldnt possibly do it. Drag body around beating it while entire sec force tries to stop me. I get it dead and space it. I GET ahelped and 'receive a note on my account, one more to get banned.'

>Today: Doctor gives me a braindead lizard. I cut his tail off, start working on brain next. He comes back, beats me to death as non antag (When at any point I would have just reattached the tail and sent him on his way). Threaten to turn him into a sex pillow next round. Bannu.

Its pretty clear admins play favorites. Furthermore during that last altercation, two admins were talking to me at the same time. After being told I wasnt going to be banned for it, the admin pulled an authoritative attitude with the whole 'Do you understand me?' thing. My response of 'I understand admin favoritism' resulted in ban.
>>
>>47531595
you do not know how to greentext
nor are you even fucking talking about this server

TGstation is not this station
d20 station is this station

actually read the OP you mongoloid
>>
>>47531595
>Today: Doctor gives me a braindead lizard.
We don't have lizards friend, unless a staff of change was involved.
>>
What in the fuck? Sybil and Basil have always been /tg/ station. Ive been there for years. Whats going on?
>>
File: chat_expert.jpg (12 KB, 467x313) Image search: [Google]
chat_expert.jpg
12 KB, 467x313
>>47531595
>>47531691
>>
>>47531691
They haven't been /tg/station in years, they're TGstation.
>>
>>47531720
I guess I will just see my retarded self out then
>>
File: chat_expert.png (169 KB, 467x313) Image search: [Google]
chat_expert.png
169 KB, 467x313
>>47531744
but why
you just found the place you would prefer over that shit hole you're complaining about
d20 was made largely in part of that
>>
Aw yiss, new round gents.
My first spessmans in months.
>>
>>47531759
Oh? Tell me more. Educate me please.
>>
File: chat_expert.gif (65 KB, 467x313) Image search: [Google]
chat_expert.gif
65 KB, 467x313
>>47531774
a new round is starting just this moment and we do nearly nothing as admins
just join and try it for yourself my friend
>>
>>47531830
Observing a round or two. At least I got the timer going now for all the locked roles.
>>
File: 1461023631088.gif (4 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1461023631088.gif
4 MB, 500x281
>Start round
>Be tater engineer
>Start up long lasting power
>go wander around
>watch and partake in the sec clusterfuck
>kill a person
>save the mime
>heal a guy
>go back to the sec mess
>get shot by ion rifles by a rabid HoS
>wander some more
>get shot and blown up by the HoS
>wait a long as time to be cloned
>get out of cloning and make a cryo mix because the chemist didn't
>wander some more
>be given leadership of the station by the guy I saved a while back
>see the whole pile of bodies from two coups
>use emag to call a syndie repair team because fun
>get a positive response
>wait
>QM dressed up as HoP and a QM walk in
>act like shady fuckers
>wants to call
>inform that a repair team is coming to fix
>kills me
>viktor walks up and asks what the fuck happened
>HoP acts like a niglet and declares it's none of his business
>Viktor says it is
>HoP kills him
>Crew completely ignores both our calls for help
>HoP wasn't even antag
Letting in lifeweb refugees was a mistake
>>
>>47532029
They'll learn... eventually
>>
>>47531939
>At least I got the timer going now for all the locked roles.
you what
>>
>>47532266
Heads and sec are timelocked.
It's a short requirement, but it exists.
>>
honk
>>
>averagely-sized item
What.
>>
>>47531595
That clearly didn't happen on this server because you mentioned a cult round happening even once ever at any time, but I'd have believed it was on d20 if not for that
>>
File: honkeors.mp4.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
honkeors.mp4.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>actually made it to the shuttle in meteors
>everyone else died
I failed you all chapel crew.
>>
>>47528216
okay so why dont you rewrite the whole thing if it's so bad and you got all the great ideas
>>
Pavise dont have a back sprite.
>>
Is D20 not kill?
Last time I looked in on a thread everyone was talking about it basically being ded
>>
>>47533117
Summer finally came.
>>
>>47533117
Summer came, and lifeweb came
now we hit 20 pop on average
>>
>>47426300
glad to see you here still
>>
File: 1464640491344.gif (1 MB, 495x284) Image search: [Google]
1464640491344.gif
1 MB, 495x284
>>47528948
it could be better but a rework in any other engine at this point is out of the question since there's way too many systems to re-create and feature creep would put it in soon tm longer than duke nukem forever
>>47531154
>two seprate admins handling the same thing
that just means you're getting twice the friendly help buddy :^)
>>47531595
>scalies, cult rounds, and actually having more than one sec officer at any time on d20
things that people who don't play on d20 say for 1000 alex
>>47532266
we have timelocked roles on command/security/sillycon
it doesn't do anything but keep the absolute laziest of grifflords out and stop how2swithc hands pls?? newfriends from playing the role for a few days before we have to deal with them
>>47532514
normal sized didn't sound right but that sounds worse now that I think about it
>>47532902
because nobody is paying me to babysit spacemen and fix their toys
>>47533117
literally an hour after we had like 30 players and a storm trooper incrusion
>>
>>47535702
Did you figure out what killed dreamdaemon during Imperial Station 13?
>>
>>47535726
no but if I had to guess it had something to do with errant code or just dream daemon being open for too many consecutive hours.
>>
>>47535702
I saw the d20 station on the /vg/ thread so I came here. Checked out the thread, saw it was dying. Went into the server. It's free to the bone unless you don't be a huge dickhead. It was the d20 I was trying to revive badly. Then called some friends over from Lifeweb. They're very close to /b/ mindset, mind you. In such a short time I did so many things would be worth a permaban on the shitty casual servers.

t.10+ year player permabanned from every server but lifeweb & d20
>>
>>47537060
at this point I don't even care players are players
it gets to the point where you have good players trying to hold out against the greytide and its usually fun

we could have a dorf mode where the good players try to hold down dorf fort against a tide of shitters
>>
>>47537107
We can always go for a survival mode.
>>
>>47537107
Perhaps we learned something from the thing we banned most newfags
>>
>>47537422
time, not thing. Sorry, I am professionally retarded.
>>
>>47485179
I played before. The reason why I don't have interest is because your players are cancer.
>>
>>47537583
>your players are cancer
who?
>>
>>47537597
Can't even remember, it was at least a year ago, and reading this thread, nothing has changed. I had fun with one dude who constantly played a jovial cargo guy every round, but he stopped playing and so did I.
>>
File: Neophyte_Implants.jpg (128 KB, 466x700) Image search: [Google]
Neophyte_Implants.jpg
128 KB, 466x700
Anyone got any fun ideas for fictional organs?
The only one I could come up with is an organ that produces chemicals. And most space marine organs I read about seem to be: mostly long term, normal organ++ or just the chemical organ with a certain drug.
>>
>>47541372
Do you want implants or fantastic creatures?
>>
>>47541372
Pipe organ: plays piano music without needing an instrument

Mechadendrites: grants a third hand slot with a fixed item on it, each use takes a sizeable chunk of fatigue

Thermo regulator : uses fatigue to protect the user from inclement weather.

Optical Implant: gives effects of won't scanner without needing to wear it.

Antiliver: adds steady stream of booze to bloodstream.

Space gills: breathe in vacuum.
>>
>>47541372
Backward legs: Inverses your movement
>>
>>47541372
a clown horn functioning as a lung
every time you breath or speak you honk
>>
>>47544043
>perriot's throat that can't be cured
jesus fuck you soulless monster
>>
>>47544043
>every tick
>a honk comes from every object
>>
its 7 pm est, nerds
>>
>>47541372
>>47541624

Neural Transmitter: Allows control of machines at range.

Internal Cells: Allows recharging of power cells at the cost of stamina, and vice versa.
>>
>>47541372
an organ that increases your body's usage of nutrition to give you a higher internal temperature stabilization rate and increases ability to heal off fautige. However effects of hunger are worsened essentially requiring you to pack your bag like a diabetic
>>
The Server is frozen ;_;
>>
>>47548902
should be fixed now thanks for telling us
>>
File: 1459016826875.jpg (31 KB, 252x509) Image search: [Google]
1459016826875.jpg
31 KB, 252x509
>>47545758
>Neural Transmitter: Allows control of machines at range.
>>
>>47550565
>ai but as human
oh no
>>
>>47541624
>>47542133
>>47544043
>>47545758
>>47547939
Thanks for the input
>>
i return, like a spicy burrito

>>47518798
1h fireaxe does the same amount of damage as a crowbar
punching people is more effective than a crowbar
punching people is more effective than 1h fireaxe
1h fireaxe is not something to measure power by

>>47541624
>Antiliver: adds steady stream of booze to bloodstream.
sounds like a good use of the freedom level var
maximum overrussian
>>
>>47555055
>sounds like a good use of the freedom level var
how do you imagine it?
>>
File: comparison.png (60 KB, 552x269) Image search: [Google]
comparison.png
60 KB, 552x269
So I've been talking to people on another chat (a lot of whom seem to like d20), and many of them want me to change our female icon to luna's (luna was an old baycode fork), which are similar to lifeweb's female icons, but much less sexualized, pic is the comparison, luna vs. lifeweb.
I mean, there's already code for special female uniforms, so code wise it wouldn't be that hard to put in, and luna already did the icons for a bunch of the clothing, so it wouldn't be as bad as like with kids or fat people where I have to redo all the clothing in the game by myself (just the ones special to d20, really).
I don't care much, but the people in the chat seemed to really like the idea, so I thought I'd ask the regulars of d20 before I did anything rash, what do you guys think?
>>
>>47557492
Can you show current d20 female next to luna female?
>>
File: here u go.png (56 KB, 806x320) Image search: [Google]
here u go.png
56 KB, 806x320
>>47557492
>>47557872
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 70

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.