[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bleach: Shinigami Quest 15
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 156
Thread images: 4
File: bleach.jpg (2 MB, 4288x2848) Image search: [Google]
bleach.jpg
2 MB, 4288x2848
You are Tsukuda Ryouta, a Shinigami of the 12th Division, an investigator of abnormal occurrences

You are searching the Human World's Berlin for a human capable of using Kido. Without an identity, appearance, or even a clear trail to follow, the investigation is quite difficult. Your partner, Kirino Moeka, the Shinigami in charge of the local area, has unwittingly named a new suspect. You decided not to take any chances - determining whether or not he's a threat comes first, and it might be too risky to be patient.

Your plan is simple - you'll force the man to take action. You'll pretend to assault him and see if he's capable of retaliating. If he is, then your mission is practically accomplished; in the event of a fight breaking out, you'll send Moeka a signal via the Denreishinki, and she'll promptly make her appearance to cut the human down. The red haired girl seems reluctant to go through with this plan, but she doesn't refuse.

The old man and his wife that Moeka's mentioned live in a three-roomed flat on the third floor of an apartment building. For a Shinigami, entering any place within the Human World is absolutely trivial - physical objects present no obstruction, and heights are easily circumvented by specks of spiritual energy. You leap through a window and its curtains, ending up inside of a kitchen.

You walk slowly, deliberately accentuating your footsteps, so as to make your presence clear to all those capable of hearing it - and even so, those capable of doing that are a tiny minority among humans.

You open the door to the next room, though you were just as easily capable of walking straight through. You enter a bedroom dimly lit by a single candle. The opened door turns a thin old man's graying, bearded head, who has been reading a book in a Japanese futon - not a bed - up until you've entered. After a short pause, it becomes clear that he's looking directly at you. He's spiritually aware.

(1/2)
>>
>>44959663
"...Shinigami-sama? May I help you?" He asks in fluent, respectful Japanese. Of course he does. Moeka doesn't understand the local language well enough, so he must have used Japanese with her. Yet another trait that makes him more likely to be the human you are searching for, as the Kido formulae are written in an archaic version of Japanese. And to add to that, the man is clearly of asian descent.

You draw your sword. The old man doesn't seem to know what to think, observing your actions with a mixture of interest and mild horror. With purposeful slowness, you send its keen edge towards the book, slicing it cleanly in two, each of the old man's hands now holding a single half. You draw your weapon back, preparing another wide and sluggish swing.

With a scream, the old man rolls out from underneath his sheets. The swing quakes the candle's flame, sending the shadows into disarray. The sword cuts only the air above the pillow. The man, concerned more for his own life than for the weapon's path, doesn't realize that it was just a feint. He scrambles along the floor, struggling to think of an escape path - the only way out of this room is blocked by you.

You swing again, making a cut along the bare wall, missing the man's face by inches. As he crawls around, he backs himself into a literal corner; you point the tip of your sword at him, but the human isn't look at it. His head covered by his hands and put up against the floor, he mumbles for mercy. It seems that he's given up completely. There was no retaliation, even though you've provided him with plenty of chances.

(2/3)
>>
the old guys going to have a fucking heart attack...
>>
>>44959705
You spot an old woman warily peeking through the doorway at the ongoing events. She seems too scared to enter, and she doesn't flinch under your stare. That must be his wife. Moeka said that she isn't spirit-sensitive, and it really does appear as though she's looking right through you. She can't really do anything here; it's best to just disregard her for the time being.

But even so, this man is strange. He fits too well under the profile of your target, even though he apparently isn't. It feels like disregarding this as just a coincidence wouldn't be right. Perhaps he's somehow related to it all?

>Try to remedy the situation. Apologize, try to get information from him in a peaceful manner.
>Intimidate him. Try to get information by threatening him with death.
>Tell Moeka that everything is clear, call her in here.
>Other. (Write-in).
>>
>>44959721
Do we have any samples of the spell tags on us?

Like the one used to bind the hollow earlier?

Show it to him, and see how he responds.
>>
>>44959720
Yeah because this was a stupid plan. This is what anons do when they feel out of their depth and like time's running out. They get stupid and desperate because they feel like they need to do SOMETHING.

It's why mysteries don't really work, especially if the protoag is supposed to be smart.
>>
>>44959721
It's the wife

>Try to remedy the situation. Apologize, try to get information from him in a peaceful manner.
Not sure how to best go about this however since we ruined a book and attempted to kill him, no doubt shattering his previously positive thoughts toward the SS.
>>
>>44959721
Explain that the culprit must be someone who is extremely similar or possibly even someone close to him.
>>44959764
Literally everything about this guy made him seem like the culprit. It wasn't worth the risk to approach him normally without making sure he wasn't.
>>
>>44959721
>>
>>44959745
Like I don't know, let's keep not talking and let actions speak louder.

>>44959789
He's an old man and we have swords.
>>
>>44959845
We're hunting a spiritually dangerous fullbring.
>>
>>44959789
We could have at least checked to see what his connection was with the company that the wizard is targetting via commanding hollows.
>>
File: mushroom dance.gif (51 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
mushroom dance.gif
51 KB, 320x320
Current Character Sheet: http://pastebin.com/JpBL1B5n

Archive: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Shinigami%20Quest
>>
>>44959721
Yeah, alright.
>>
>>44959721
Fuck. A red herring. Tell him we had no intention of killing him unless he proved to be our target I guess.
>>
>>44959721
Don't weaken our position, let her play "Good cop"
>>
>>44959964
It's not a red herring, the dude obviously had a kid or a student or whatever.

You people just got lazy.

Or it could be that he is the culprit, but he's just worthless in a fight.

You guys fucked up, but just trying to do the opposite of that isn't gonna make it better, and will in fact make things even harder.
>>
>>44959996
Dude. Openly approaching someone that suspicious is a bad idea. That was the driving force behind our decision,
>>
>>44960109
Spying on him was an option. Or fuck just take a sample of his writing and see if his handwriting matches. There were options. You guys freaked out like always.
>>
Could have, would have, should have
these things are in the past

the only thing we can do now is move forward and try to do better next time
>>
>>44959721
Voting over, writing!
>>
>>44960188
But you're not moving forward, you've moving backwards. Right now we have the advantage of him at least acting like he's in mortal terror of us, which might make him easier to talk.

By suddenly apologizing, he's more likely to just be unfriendly.

So no, it's not water under the bridge when you're still fucking up right now.
>>
File: 1453392706334.gif (215 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
1453392706334.gif
215 KB, 400x225
Well now that that's done with for now, I'd like to propose a theory about our captain...

His sword is 'crimson princess' He is an inventor and pervert.
His attacks are red. It is a menstruation metaphor. Stick with me here.
His bankai will create and control life violently like rape.
His shikai attacks are sexual themes.

Nake - Scream
Chikasumi no Tate (Blood Mist Shield)-Hymen
Kamisori, Benihime Razor, Crimson Princess)- Through the hymen
Tsuppane, Benihime (Spurning, Crimson Princess)-Her wishing for it to stop
Shibari, Benihime (Crimson Princess of Binding)-Rape or rope-play
Hiasobi, Benihime, Juzutsunagi (Fire-Playing Crimson Princess Beaded Mesh)-S&M with Fire/incarceration

Also the bloody message he splattered on ichigos door.

He is themed around forced creation. Hogyoku etc. Whats the betting he created Ururu and Jinta as well? Us?
>>
So you guys remember when the hollow attacked hundreds of living humans in our first investigation in Germany? I'm thinking that might have been the human kido user controlling the hollow to make as many fullbrings as possible.
>>
>>44960356
Very possible, but that's a really really long end game there.
I doubt it, as it would only really make sense if it attack and then left alone pregnant women.
>>
>>44960348
It was okay in the Bleach thread but it's completely off topic now.

If you have time to speculate, try and focus on what's going on in the quest. Because I'd say it's high time we started trying to figure things out instead of just aimlessly lashing out at stuff.
>>
>>44960383
I'm having trouble piecing the evidence together. Basically the only way for this to make sense is if this couples son was involved with the kramers business somehow.

And they guy we saw in pictures with two of the hollow's victims is probably the hollow, who I would assume was friends with the culprit when he was alive.

We really just don't have enough evidence though.
>>
>>44960602
But the hollow wants us to find and kill the kido user.
>>
>>44960602
Then try and figure out how to find more. I know it's hard, but that doesn't mean it's okay to just flip the board.
>>
>>44960602
I thought the guy in the pictures was the kido user but Mush never said he looked Asian.
>>
>>44960657
I'm trying to discuss the evidence with you guys. Get off your high horse and actually contribute to the discussion instead of telling me to try harder. I didn't vote for attacking this old guy.
>>
>>44960689
I'm frustrated because it's too late now. Earlier we could have misled the guy into thinking we'd let his son off with a warning, now that he know's we're a stab first ask questions later kind of guy, he's very unlikely to want to give up anyone he's protecting. If anything, he's likely to try to confess in order to save his son.

But regardless, find handwriting samples and match it to the spells, research the guy's past and family, and figure out how to kill that hollow sooner rather than later.
>>
Ok, lets review all the evidence we have thus far...

1. A pharmaceutical company who started having some really bad incidents happen a short while ago
2. Including several suicides, the spirit we first met on this mission probably being one of them
3. A large mansion owned by one of the former leaders of a rival company
4. A hollow within that mansion who prefers to hunt women and take their legs and knows who we're hunting and wants them
5. A reporter suspicious of the whole incident and who is spiritually aware
6. A hollow in a cage in some random persons house
7. An old man able to see and communicate with spirits

We need to investigate that house the hollow broke out of.
>>
>>44960795
The hollows were employed to attack the business. The mansion hollow is associated with him. Business partners?
>>
>>44960795
Don't forget the main point of all this: a spiritually aware human capable of using shinigami magic who's been caging hollows in this city, and made a communication-blocking barrier in the last city.
>>
>>44960869
The hollow-controlling magic is the most important part of this.
>>
>>44960795
And the guy in the photos
>>
>>44960891
True, though I really do think we should figure out what business he had in the last city, like ties to the pharmaceutical company?
>>
>>44960858
It's possible the mansion hollow attacked that business to draw his target out. He did specify fighting I think. That would make the target associated with the other company instead.
>>
>>44959789
>>44959785
>>44959936
For a long time, no decisive blow is made. The old man ceases his pleading whispering and slowly lifts his head. You sheathe your sword and offer the man a hand. His eyes wide, he hesitantly grabs onto it and you help him up.

"It seems that there was a misunderstanding." You say. "Under the current circumstances, I was forced to act this way. I apologize."

"I... see." The old man mutters. "I understand the importance of your duties, Shinigami-sama. But... Why was this necessary?"

If he understands, then perhaps he's still willing to help. "Someone in the city is using Kido - magic of the Shinigami - in a harmful and unsanctioned way. We have reason to suspect that it is a human; because of the nature of Kido, it has to be someone Japanese, or with skills in the language. If you happen to know anything about that, it would be a great help if you shared it with us." You try to be as diplomatic and non-threatening as you can manage.

"...Is that so, Shinigami-sama? I suppose that explains why you've done this... But I'm afraid I do not know anything about that. I'm not sure how I could help you." He says, slowly, weighing each word. Perhaps he's still afraid that speaking too freely would anger you. His Japanese is fluent and without an accent, so you're fairly certain that he isn't having trouble using it.

Well, asking it was worth a try, even if his answer yielded no results. Whether he's unwilling to share what he knows or really is simply unaware of what goes on in this town... that's something you need to figure out.

>"Please tell me about yourself."
>"Do you mind if I take a look around?"
>Don't ask; just take a look around.
>Other. (Write-in).
>>
>>44961070
>>"Please tell me about yourself."
Note if there are family portraits around, or personal belongings that may not be his or his wife's
>>
>>44961070
How do you know so much about shinigami?
>>
>>44961070
Goddamnit what did you guys think would happen?

Ask for a sample of his handwriting.
>>
>>44961070
There's obviously a connection between you and the suspect, I'm not a fool. Tell me immediately.
I'm about to give up, this is really frustrating
>>
>>44961070
Ask for a sample of his hand writing and see if you can look around.
Stress that time is of the essence or else more human life will be lost.
>>
>>44961070

>>44961136
>>44961210
Guys. Handwriting is easy to modify. We need to find something that he's already written.
>>
>>44961238
That's what I meant, something he's already written.
>>
>>44961206
Maybe you should, if you're the one who expected threatening a guy and then immediately backing down to be profitable. What the fuck is wrong with all of you?
>>
>>44961070
Look around, find a sample of his handwriting, grill him about the collapse of that one company
>>
>>44961339
>>44961206
Now you're backtracking AGAIN. What kind of game do you think this is? Do you think NPCs don't have memories? This isn't a bioware game where you just scroll down the list.
>>
>>44961372
Oh great sherlock-san please then grace us with your infinite wisdom, we are but humble worthless peasants scuttling about like roaches attempting to solve shylock fox puzzles.
>>
>>44961300
Shut the fuck up anon.
>>
>>44961070
Voting over, writing!
>>
>>44961416
Shut the fuck up. I'm not saying it's easy to figure out what's going on, in fact I think the difficulty level is, if anything, too high for /tg/. I'm saying that even if we don't know what's going on, a basic cause and effect analysis of our actions isn't impossible.
>>
inb4 we waste a whole thread getting nothing useful from this guy
>>
>>44961530
Quit bitching and use your oh-so-superior intellect to solve the case anon.
>>
>>44961530
So the best solution you have is to just bitch and moan about what others are doing rather than offer any solutions or options of your own for people to consider.
>>
>>44961592
Except I've been doing that the whole thread you imbecile.

The point is you're not even trying.
>>
Guys. Stop fighting. It's pointless and makes everyone involved look bad.
>>
>>44961532
This stupidity might have closed off this lead. Which means we'll never figure out what's going on.
>>
>>44961744
Just like Substitute Shinigami Quest and Clarissa's zanpakuto.

I don't know why Mushroom would see what happened in that quest and think that /tg/ could handle being a detective.
>>
>>44961779
This is a single fuckup. Quit being so dramatic. Also talking shit on your fellow players accomplishes nothing.
>>
>>44961806
It makes him feel better about himself, that's something.
>>
>>44961532
This guy has to know something. Coincidences like this can't possibly exist. And if they do then Mushroom is a cruel man.
>>
>>44961889
He almost certainly does. Though right now he has no reason to like, trust, or even fear us, so good luck getting him to talk.
>>
>>44961928
I prefer hard evidence over testimony anyway. All is not lost anon.
>>
>>44961969
Well that'd be great if we had that. But we could have waited until he was asleep or left the house to do that.
>>
>>44962012
It's not like he can prevent us from investigating now.
>>
>>44962025
Even if we do eventually blunder into solving the case, it'd be a pity-win more than anything else.
>>
>>44962143
Enough with the negativity. Our methods are irrelevant if we solve the case successfully. You're being more annoying than the anons making questionable decisions.
>>
>>44962171
Not really. They'll be repurcussions with our teamwork with Moeka for the remainder of the case, not to mention when we have to report all this to Urahara. It's all connected anon.
>>
>>44961928
If he's willing to conceal evidence now his opinion of us wouldn't have changed that. He's trying to protect someone close to him
>>
>>44962499
He might give up whoever he's protecting to save himself. Since we showed that we aren't as violent as we acted initially, now he thinks he can get away with it.

Our options were to act friendly with him and see if we could get things out of him, try to terrify him into compliance, or not directly interact with him at all but instead observe him from a distance and search his house.

Thanks to anons being impulsive and wishy-washy, our ability to do any of those three things has been compromised.
>>
>>44962560
Or the best option would have been to call Moeka over and do a good cop bad cop routine instead of just one bipolar cop.
>>
>>44962560
Intimidation is still an option anon
>>
>>44962622
Not nearly as much as it would have been. Unless you mean psychological intimidation or intimidation through threats, which we should have started with earlier.
>>
>>44962639
Relax anon, take a deep breath. Everything is gonna be okay. We have like five more threads of investigation at our current wait time between updates.
>>
>>44962669
It didn't work like that in the last quest and it won't be nearly as okay as it could have been. Just assuming everything is gonna work out no matter what is almost as bad as panicking. The point is to try and figure out how not to mess up like this in the future.
>>
>>44961122
>>44961129
>>44961238
A brief glance around the room accentuates a few things: the walls are bare and undecorated, the floor uncarpeted and cold, personal belongings and even furniture are practically absent; this is a very humble room. The apartment smells like it was vacant until recently, though that scent has been nearly completely overwhelmed by a more traditional, homely one. It's hard to say just how much time was spent living here, but it couldn't have been long.

"Please tell me about yourself." You say. There's only a single small cabinet by the futon.

"What would you like to know?" He replies, staring with something mildly resembling disapproval as you approach his cabinet. You spot him making a gesture at the doorway. You hear footsteps and a door closing. It seems that the old woman has gone off to her room.

"What is your name?" You ask.

The old man replies after a thoughtful pause. "I am Hisakawa Yasu."

His answer seems curt and stiff. You continue with another question. "You're not from Germany, right? Why are you here?"

"My wife and I are on vacation. We're both from Japan." He says.

"Why not stay at a hotel?" You ask. This apartment is by no means impressive, but it must still be very expensive if they're paying for it. A hotel would probably be cheaper and much more luxurious by comparison.

"A hotel is a little beyond our funds. We are not wealthy. Our relatives are lending this apartment to us."

(1/3)
>>
>>44962760
"Relatives?" You try to lead him into explaining more about that. In the meantime, you look inside the cabinet. Several Japanese books are inside, most of which you have read yourself, as well as a note in neat, orderly handwriting: "Discount on meat tomorrow."

You show the old man the note you've found, and he confirms that it is his. If that's the case, then the writing doesn't match. The one on the tags looked rather shoddy, as if they were made in haste. But you don't think it makes sense to assume that they were made in a hurry, as that contradicts their general purpose of preparing a spell in advance. You think it's fair to assume that the culprit's handwriting really is just that poor. Perhaps he doesn't use it often.

"Yes. Some of our relatives moved to Germany a long time ago." Yasu answers.

"How many houses do they own? Are they rich?" You ask. It's clear that nobody else lives here besides this elderly couple. But didn't Moeka mention an extra bed? No, two? Where are the other residents?

"They are well-off enough to support us like this, Shinigami-sama." He says. You feel like he dodged the question.

"How many relatives do you have here? It might be important for me to know, Hisakawa-san." You try to ask him directly.

There is another pause before he gives an answer. "My daughter. But... she passed away a few years ago. This used to be her home."

"You held on to it? Why?"

"For occasions like these, Shinigami-sama. It turned out quite convenient." He says.

(2/3)
>>
>>44962844
"What was her name?"

"...Hisakawa Chizuru." He says. That might be something to look into.

Yasu isn't willing to give anything up. His answers are as dry as he can get away with. You won't get much out of him like this.

"You seem to know a lot about the Shinigami, Hisakawa-san."

"No, no, I do not know much, only that your work is important. And I am grateful for what you do, even though I do not understand it well. My gratitude isn't worth much, and not nearly as much as you deserve, but... unfortunately, there is nothing I can do about the ignorance of the common people."

"...It might be for the best. Does your wife know about all of this?"

The man nods. "She knows, but it's just as hard for her to understand as for most others. She wasn't born with my eyes. I have never met anyone else with eyes that can see as much as mine."

Even though the old man is being uncooperative when it comes to the subject you're interested in, you might be able to find something among this family's belongings. As you make your way out of the room and into the next one, Hisakawa actually speaks up in protest.

"Shinigami-sama, I would prefer for you to leave. It is late, and your presence here worries my wife, even though she cannot see you. Please allow us to rest, and come back another day. We'll think everything over and try our best to help you."

>"Very well. I won't inconvenience you anymore."
>Look through the rest of the house. He can't stop you.
>Call Moeka here, let her handle him however she deems best. Look around in the meantime.
>Ask him another question. (Write-in).
>>
>>44962910
>Call Moeka here, let her handle him however she deems best. Look around in the meantime.
>>
>>44962910
His relatives might work at that company.
>>
>>44962910
Eh, if we leave the house but still linger around the area, we'd be able to see if he tries to dispose of anything.

But honestly the situation is completely fucked.
>>
>>44962910
Actually, do ask him if the name of that company rings a bell. Both companies. Read his expression.
>>
>>44962910
>"Very well. I won't inconvenience you anymore."
He's not gonna tell us anything else, and probably won't be happy to see Moeka anymore.
>>
>>44962910

>>44962996
seconding, then
>>44963059
>>
>>44962910
>>
>>44962910
Voting over, writing!
>>
>>44963220
He's already done talking to us. Also he probably does know about both companies in general even in the impossible occurance that he has nothing to do with what's happening.
>>
>>44963059
So what? He's trying to keep us from discovering evidence. We need to look around the house.
>>
>>44963259
He most likely does know the occupation of his relatives. He just didn't want to elaborate.
>>
>>44963260
I don't think he has anything in his house that will be particularly damning. Leave him alone and he'll probably call whoever he's hiding or try to destroy or throw away whatever clues there are, thereby letting us know more. Whatever information we were supposed to gain from this was in that guy's head, but good luck with that now.
>>
>>44963315
Oh? I wasn't aware that you'd already personally searched the house anon. Good work.
>>
#NotAllShinigami
#SpiritsWelcome
>>
>>44962943
>>44962944
>>44963235
You take out your Denreishinki and give Moeka the peaceful-go-ahead. She drops through the ceiling seconds later. The girl awkwardly waves at the old man, who doesn't acknowledge her friendly gesture. You beckon Moeka closer and explain to her everything that's happened in a whisper. Your partner sighs, but nods at your current plan of action, stepping off towards the old man. As she begins a chat with him, you step through a door and into the next room. The old woman is there, lying down in another futon. She's not asleep.

Her room has a little more furniture than the husband's. There are several cabinets here and a couple of closets. As you open them, the woman jolts into a sitting position, staring at the compartments that are seemingly opening on their own.

You find clothes, money, documents, travelling papers, empty briefcases. The names in the documents align with how Yasu introduced himself, and from what you can tell, they really are here only temporarily. You also find several letters. Whoever is sending these letters wants Yasu to return to Japan. Each letter seems to step up in urgency after the last - while the first one is simply polite wishes of a swift return home, the latest one is practically begging for them to do so.

"I pray that you return soon, Yasu-sama. The family is restless, and there isn't much more that I can do to calm them down. They want their leader to return. They want to know what fate awaits the Hisakawa family. It must be made clear whether or not the family's financial position is secure, and whether we are still free to continue walking along the path set for us by our ancestors. If we are no longer supported by our German relatives, then you should leave Shinji-sama behind so that we may all focus on our finances. I am certain that, given time, the young master will mature and understand the importance of his heritage and gift, and come to us of his own will.

(1/2)
>>
>>44964383
Without your lead, we cannot make the necessary decisions. If you cannot get the foreigners to guarantee financial support, then it is likely that you won't be able to - such is those men's greed and cowardice that they will not refuse you outright and yet still not provide you with the help you ask for. Please reconsider your stance on this matter and cease the endless negotiations, Yasu-sama. It is for the sake of our family.

Hisakawa Choji."

...Whatever is going on with their family, it's clear that they're not doing well. It's also clear that the Hisakawas aren't here for just a vacation. A few interesting terms have cropped up here. Judging by the implications from this letter, you think it's fair to assume that you're looking for this Shinji they're trying to bring back to Japan.

That's all you find in the wife's room. The next room has a pair of beds and a couple of wheeled bags - probably kept handy to pack for travelling whenever needed.

You return back to Yasu's room. His expression is still gravely serious, and it seems that the apologetic-looking Moeka couldn't make it much better. With your appearance, their conversation stops. Both are waiting for you to say something with stilled breaths.

"Who is Shinji?" Your question lifts Moeka's brow. It seems that she's never heard that name before.

"Shinji? Who's that, Yasu-san?" Moeka speaks up.

"...That, I cannot say." Hisakawa Yasu closes his eyes. His hands are held together, but you can still see them quivering slightly. Even so, his voice is firm and resolute. His decision is final.

>Threaten him.
>He won't give anything up. Take your leave.
>Ask him something else. (Write-in).
>>
>>44964426
>>He won't give anything up. Take your leave.
>>
>>44964426
>>Threaten him.
His wife

What about referencing the companies?
>>
>>44964426
Ask the name of his german relatives
>>
Is there a connection between shinji and the guy from the pictures?
>>
>>44964426
Which foreigners did you ask for financial support? What does the Hisakawa family do in Japan that requires support from foreign sources?
If he doesn't answer these just leave I guess.
>>
>>44964426
We have a good memory right? Do we remember the names of the people who died due to the hollow's disease in the first city? Also the people who committed suicide or died in the incident with this company? Tell it to him, and that there will be more names on the list, the longer it's drawn out.
>>
>>44964383
>>44964426
The longer you and Shinji drag this on, the worse it will get for both of you especially if someone other then me finds him. I know that my methods may be questionable to you, but it is only a matter of time before he harms another human or shinigami and when that happens, there will be a reckoning. If you want to protect him, tell me what you know why there is still time."
>>
>>44964551
That's something we should clear up with that reporter. Also I guess we were lucky enough to stumble across a clue that the guy just happened to keep on him.
>>
>>44964837
Given how we started the thread, there's no way he's dumb enough to think that we won't kill Shinji when we find him. At most we could highlight how many lives have already been lost, but acting like the magician's life isn't already forfeit is foolish.
>>
>>44964846
There's also still the meeting with the hollow at the mansion. I'm pretty sure the girl is also dead by now.
>>
>>44964426
Voting over, writing!
>>
>>44964919
I kept reminding people about the hollow in this thread, the last thread etc. But yeah she's totally dead and her soul is eaten by now, and if the hollow is smart he left the flammable death trap he's staying in.
>>
>>44964962
We would know if he left. We haven't had any hollow alerts except for the one that got away.
>>
>>44964962
The human is of little to no concern of ours.

>>44964894
There has to be some way to force the issue, especially since the thread is due to end in an update or two.
>>
>>44965029
>The human is of little to no concern of ours.
It WAS since that's the reason we didn't light the house on fire, because we didn't feel comfortable getting her killed. Just like we let the magician get away to save the shinigami's life, and the way we didn't want to kill that one sick woman earlier etc.

The players are just complete morons who don't understand things like "time sensitive" and "npcs can remember things"
>>
>>44965129
You keep talking shit on the players like you aren't one of them. Stop that.
>>
>>44965129
you're really good at finding things to bitch and moan about
>>
>>44964998
The fact that it could hide its presence at all means we can't assume we'd know if it does something.
>>
>>44965129
considering it's one thread a week with a few notable events, but rarely too many, per thread stretched over what 3 months now? Shit gets pretty easy to forget.
If it bothers you that much, info dump in the thread when it's first posted.
>>
>>44965191
It's not hard, considering what a shameful display this entire thread was. Instead of following through on anything, you guys kept doing what you should have done earlier.
>>
>>44965213
It showed up every time it snatched a girl from the city. lrn2read
>>
>>44965246
You really are an unbearable faggot anon. I hope you're aware of this.
>>
>>44965218
It really shouldn't be, especially since the threads are so short. And I have tried reminding people about the hollow, or tried to give ideas on what would work well with the old man, but it keeps being ignored hence my frustration.

>>44965274
Better an asshole than an imbecile.
>>
>>44965246
We found some useful info. I'm asking you man-to-man, stop whining and belittling everyone. It's incredibly obnoxious.
>>
>>44965458
Well what the fuck is it gonna take? Yeah we eventually found something? But does that mean that this was all perfectly fine? I tried suggesting things and even explaining my reasoning with them, but either that's not getting through, or some people are voting out of spite.

It's incredibly obnoxious to see people keep walking into easily avoidable situations when they've been warned beforehand. Especially when the MC is supposed to be really intelligent. If we're lucky, Moeka and Urahara won't say anything to our face about this later, but they'll definitely be thinking it.
>>
>>44965553
anon pls
you're 100% right all the time
I will only vote with your approval from now on
now stop posting for a bit
>>
>>44965628
Shut the fuck up with your cheap-ass sarcasm. Do you honestly think the choices we made ended well? Did we do the best we could?
>>
>>44965647
no. now seriously. stop.
>>
>>44964550
>>44964702
>>44964525
"Who's providing you financial support here, Hisakawa-san?" You ask. There's no point bashing your head against a wall, but there are still a few things that you can find out. The sudden change of subject seems to catch the old man off-guard. "You seem to have more relatives here than you let on."

Moeka folds her arms and stares at the bare floor. She looks a little annoyed, but she's letting you take the lead.

"I've told you, Shinigami-sama - there is only one relative I've had here, and she passed away." Yasu persists.

"Perhaps that's true. You might not consider foreigners to be part of your family, or perhaps you consider those bonds to have been severed after her death. But if you think about the reasons your daughter might have moved here, it's quite obvious where those relatives are coming from." You say. Yasu opens his eyes to look into yours. "She married someone from here. Someone wealthy. Perhaps the head of a large company..?"

Because of his lack of reply, you think that theory holds water.

You continue. "The Hisakawa family doesn't seem to like their German relatives. They're useful, but middling with foreigners is never pleasant to nobles. I'm not sure how noble you actually are, but you seem to take pride in your familial bonds and heritage. But it's an outdated viewpoint that doesn't work in the modern Human World anymore. You can't feed your family with prestige and a deep ancestry alone. That's why you've decided to marry your daughter off to someone rich. Whatever it is that the Hisakawa family does aside from existing, it must not be profitable. What is it?"

"...Research. The materials we require aren't cheap or easy to come across these days." He begrudgingly explains, confirming it. You thought he'd keep his silence, but perhaps it's somehow a sore spot for the old man.

(1/2)
>>
>>44966340
It doesn't really matter what they research. But judging by Yasu's wife and how she understands the spiritual world even though she cannot see it, it might be something to do with spirits. In that case, 'Shinji' is important for them because of his abilities. The more important question is...

"Who did your daughter marry? What was his name?"

He doesn't respond. It must be vital.

"You're here to bring back Shinji, but you're also here to discuss your financial situation with your German relatives. It seems that something put their support into question. That means something's caused difficulties, changed the situation. Like if the company of those relatives of yours had suddenly collapsed..."

...But isn't something strange about that? The letters seemed to indicate that the situation is still uncertain. Can that be the case under an assumption like that?

>It can be the case.
>They were supported through other means, unrelated to the incidents and large companies.
>The company hasn't collapsed.
>>
>>44966378
Okay so what are we trying to figure out? Whether the company he's associated with is the one being targetted by the hollow, or that company's rival?
>>
>>44966378
>...But isn't something strange about that? The letters seemed to indicate that the situation is still uncertain. Can that be the case under an assumption like that?
That really seems like a no. But I'm kind of unclear on what this all means. We need to break it down somehow, probably even re-read the old threads.
>>
>>44966378
I'm super confused. So Shinji is the mage controlling hollows to sabotage the company that was supposed to support his family?
>>
>>44966378
Any of the three is possible, but perhaps the simplest is that the company hasn't collapsed. If new evidence seems not to fit your premise, perhaps it's your premise that's flawed.
>>
>>44966513
So from this thread, there's the spiritually sensitive Yasu, he comes from a semi-noble Japanese family that might have ties to the afterlife.

Yasu is here in Japan for two(?) reasons, to find someone named Sora, who appears to be the latest head of the family Yasu belongs to, and to negotiate with a German company that his deceased daughter married into.

Is that accurate so far?
>>
>>44966378
wait. the kramers got shinji to sabotage the competition with hollows in order to continue supporting the hisakawas
>>
>>44966604
but shinji is supposedly being rebellious. which implies he's not doing what the family would want.
>>
>>44966550
Said too much?
>>
>>44966423
It's essentially a question of linking them with the company that's collapsed (the one talked about in the news) or a company that hasn't collapsed!
>>
>>44966378
>>
>>44966603
That's all correct so far!

>>44966679
I thought I might have misunderstood the question and given a bad answer!
>>
>>44966603
When our investigation in Berlin started, we met an oddly friendly ghost who worked for a company that seemed to be cursed with misfortune (what we later learned to be the result of the mage using hollows to destroy the company on multiple levels). The ghost had a briefcase with him that we probably should have taken when we got the chance, before we forgot all about him.
>>
>>44966378
The hollow in the kramer mansion was the leader of the company that collapsed. Shinji helped bring about the destruction of his company in order to get the kramer's support. that's why the hollow wants revenge. at some point shinji rebelled after that and is now doing his own thing.
>>
>>44966378
Voting over, writing!
>>
>>44966819
There's an abnormally intelligent and presumably male hollow squatting in the old Kramer mansion. He at least acts like he knows who the magician is, and definitely sees the magician as a threat of some kind. We forgot about him as well.
>>
>>44966982
There's a connection to the hollow and a sour-faced young man who was in the photos of two of the victims. I'm not sure if we got a description of that person's ethnicity or not.
>>
>>44966940
This idea has some merit. I can't think of any other reason for coordinated hollow attacks on a single company.
>>
>>44966567
>>44966604
>>44966773
It can't be the case. What kind of funding could possibly be received from someone who's bankrupt, and who's left to even negotiate with? What is there that could be left unclear?

That must mean that the company is still going. And yet something still placed the Hisakawas financial position in danger. Assuming that it's a company that benefitted from the crisis most likely instigated by Hollow attacks, there should be no problems - but that's only assuming the company is still willing to share. But even if the Hisakawa family asked for a bigger share and were refused, it doesn't seem likely that they'd lose even their previous funding just for asking. Did something else cause it..?

There's one reason why they'd feel obligated to support the Hisakawas at all, and that being the company head's wife Chizuru. But if she died several years ago, as Yasu says, then that obligation has been missing ever since then.

Could it be the inverse? What if they actually did stop supporting them ever since Chizuru died? In that case, why would they assume that they stood a chance now? Were they trying to work from pity, attempting to guilt trip them by making the husband seem greedy?

Or what if they simply couldn't support them until now? You recall reading that the Kramers' company has been on the downfall until the series of accidents involving their rival. But now that they have money, they could support the Hisakawas.

"She married someone named Kramer, didn't she?" You ask. You receive no answer. Because of the frequency with which that name has been cropping up, it seems like a fair assumption. Melanie might be able to find something out about this... or you probably could, too.

(1/2)
>>
>>44967851
...There are only speculations remaining here. None of those theories seem completely implausible, but that doesn't matter - you need proof. Melanie might provide you with some, along with further trails to follow, and you might stumble onto yet more from there on out. But you think you're just about done here.

"Are you sure about this, Hisakawa-san? Shinji's actions are causing people to die. Even knowing that, will you persist on hiding him?" You decide to appeal to him one more time, but he keeps his resolute silence.

>"Then I suppose that we are finished here. Thank you for your time."
>If you leave Hisakawa Yasu alive, he might notify Shinji. Request permission to kill him.
>Other. (Write-in).
>>
>>44967891
It doesn't seem like he has any way to contact shinji
I'm getting less and less confident about all my theories for some reason
>>
>>44967891
>Other. (Write-in).
"Too many of the living have suffered already. I will not ask you to help us any further, but I must insist that you do nothing to get in our way."
>>
>>44967891
Cut his phone line or something as we leave. Or take his cell phones.
>>
>>44967891
>>"Then I suppose that we are finished here. Thank you for your time."
If possible keep an eye on him somehow. His movements in the next day or so will be very critical.
I think he knows that he cannot outrun an embodiment of death, but one never knows and while he hides information he has yet to make any questionable moves. He may still prove useful.
>>
File: the price is right.png (595 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
the price is right.png
595 KB, 1000x1000
>>44967891
I'd like to end the thread for tonight, it's getting late! The next thread will begin with not killing an old man!

Sorry for running only one thread this week! We're approaching the end. Just a little longer from here!

Next thread will be announced on twitter:
https://twitter.com/Mushroomgami

Feedback and questions are always appreciated!

Thanks for reading!
>>
>>44968468
Thanks for running! I'm starting to form theories but I also feel like I'm just jumping to conclusions, it's pretty frustrating actually. Hope we can solve the case soon.
>>
>>44968468
end of the mission or the quest?
>>
>>44968468
I'm thinking future cases should be a little shorter, this one has been going on for a very long time.
>>
>>44968784
The mission, of course!

>>44968792
It just feels that way because I'm slow! It's certainly longer than the other ones, though.
>>
Thanks for running; see you next week!
Thread replies: 156
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.