[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Become The Vampire Quest 33
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 3
File: OP Image.png (115 KB, 894x894) Image search: [Google]
OP Image.png
115 KB, 894x894
Become The Vampire 33

The trip to the spell foundry passes in relative silence, mostly because Stephen doesn't seem to have much to say. He looks a little weary, like he's drained of energy and vitality. Being the alpha seems to be wearing him down a bit, and you almost feel sorry for him. It's clearly not the position he wanted to be in. He does offer a few pieces of information as you drive along, mostly to answer your questions of where and what.

The spell foundry, he explains, is outside of town, a few miles away and disguised as a nuclear power plant, mainly so that the local forest folk have something they can get suitably uppity about. It's about as damaging to the environment as a nuclear reactor if something goes horrifyingly wrong, so it's not as though their ire isn't justified. It's far enough away that most people don't know it exists, but close enough that it's easily accessible to people in the know when they need something made.

The foundry itself is “as close to the Wonka factory as you can get in real life”, but with real magic you're pretty sure it's going to be exactly like the Wonka factory. The workers are all various races, but the majority of the staff are a race referred to as Tinkers, a kind of fey who focus on combining spells into objects. Originally they would enchant farmer's tools to help them or play pranks, or make a knight's sword flop about like rubber in the middle of a battle, but a steady supply of their favorite food and drink keeps them working feverishly under the command of the head of the foundry rather than dabbling in their own projects.

The foundry is run, owned and managed by a man known as The Steve, an eccentric man known for his spontaneous musical performances, strange clothing choices and inability to sit still. The current rumor is that he's a fey king, lord of the Tinkers and master of magical devices, but no one has been able to get him to make anything of his own so it's merely a theory.
>>
As you arrive at the foundry, the first thing you notice is how drab it looks on the outside. It really does seem like just a nuclear power plant, dull gray tones all along the exterior and a column of smoke rising from the main chimney. As you reach the parking lot and begin to approach you feel as though something is off, and you focus on the building for a moment, trying to peer through the illusion surrounding the place and briefly glimpsing the whimsical, colorful structure lurking behind the veil.

“Well, here we are. We'll drop this stuff off and be on our way, unless you'd like to roam around a bit. I remember my first time here... There's always something new to see, but after a while it can get to be a bit much, and The Steve is always wandering around getting in everyone's way, and if he finds you he won't leave you alone until you buy something or sing with him.”

>Let's just drop stuff off and go
>Explore the magical mystery factory
>Let's chat for a bit, I wanna ask about a few things
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>44948757
>Explore the magical mystery factory
>>
>>44948757
How have you not started selling pictures of your dick as "BecometheBear" merchandise? afraid it will sell out too quickly

pls answer me

>Explore the magical fistery factory.
>>
>>44948757
>>Explore the magical mystery factory
>>
>>44949101
The law of supply and demand eludes me. I'm a writer, not an economist.
>>
>>44949155
Then atleast give me a collectible version
>>
>>44948757
>>Explore the magical mystery factory
>>
“Let's have a look around.”

Stephen nods and moves to the back of the minivan, pulling out a large cardboard box that he seems to be struggling with just a bit. He looks at you and gestures with his eyes towards the factory.

“Go on then. I'll be right behind you.”

You shrug and nod, heading towards the foundry and adjusting your bag a bit. As you draw near the factory it becomes easier to pierce the illusion, although it doesn't stop it feeling weird as you walk through the security barrier and head for the main entrance. Once you get past the fence and to the main doors you don't even need to focus to dismiss the illusion. The foundry stands before you in all its strangely colored, misshapen brilliance. As you move to knock on the door it suddenly swings inwards, and you hear a cheerful female voice.

“Welcome to the foundry! I'm Doory. How may I assist you today?”

Stephen calls out behind you.

“We're here to drop off a few things for recycling and I need to pick up an order that I placed. And Oliver would like the grand tour.”

The door wiggles a little bit.

“Do you mean the super-maximum fun grand tour, or the regular grand tour?”

>The regular one
>The super-maximum fun one
>Maybe just a quick look around
>Nah, I'll stick with Stephen
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>44949191
duuuuh
>>
>>44949191
>The super macimum
It's bait but ill take it.
>>
>>44949191
I'm still convinced Stephen's selling us out here. We need to be on guard, or else.
>>
“The one with all the bells and whistles, the super fun one.”

The door slams shut abruptly and the ground under you shifts slightly. You look down just in time to see the trap door open beneath your feet while a gruff male voice says “watch your step”. You plummet down into the darkness as the door closes above you, and after a few terrifying seconds you feel a tingling sensation followed by a twisting of the air around you. The darkness is replaced by light and glass all at once, and you find yourself falling through some sort of tube.

Spread out beneath you is the factory floor, a massive expanse full of tables, workers, forges, cauldrons and bookcases lined with tomes. As the floor rushes up to meet you your momentum vanishes, and you land gently on the ground as the tube disappears, leaving you in the middle of the workshop and surrounded by people you don't know. A line forms on the floor, starting at your feet and leading towards an ornate door off to one side.

>Follow the path
>Wander around and talk to people
>Look around at what they're making
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>44949536
>Follow the path
>>
>>44949536
>Follow the path
They're fey. Let's try not to offend them
>>
>>44949536
>Follow the path
>>
>>44949191

>Other (write-in)
I want the Hyper-maximum fun tour. Please.
>>
>>44949585
suporting.
>>
>>44949678
No you don't. That's the one where you end up a brain in a jar.
>>
>>44949733
Now I want it too.
>>
You walk along the path, glancing around at the various items being put together. Most of them look mundane, like bath tubs and beds, but a few of them seem rather obviously magical, like a strange contraption being tested a few tables away. One of the workers inserts an egg into it, and with a flash and a whirring noise the device closes down around it for a few seconds before opening up. He cracks the egg and empties the contents into a glass. It looks like blood, which makes it some sort of drink dispenser for vampires in all likelihood.

As you make your way along you can hear the faint sounds of some sort of music a little ways away, getting closer to you by the second. The door is fairly close, and you could make a break for it and try to get to it before whatever is coming reaches you. You can hear the workers starting to hum along with the music, their movements beginning to fall in line with the beat and the sounds of their labor adding to the song.

>Run for it, it's The Steve
>Stick around to see what happens, this should be good
>Wait by the door to watch the musical number and then bolt before The Steve catches you
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>44949790

>Wait by the door to watch the musical number and then bolt before The Steve catches you
>>
>>44949790
We don't want to dance away a century
>>
>>44949790

>>44949850
I don't know. It would solve quite a few of our problems, in the way that time always does
>>
>>44949790
>>Run for it, it's The Steve
Uh-UH not getting caught by mind altering music
>>
Smarts roll, +0
>>
Rolled 12 (1d20)

>>44949983
>>
Rolled 9 (1d20)

>>44949983
>>
Rolled 3 (1d20)

>>44949983
>>
Oh fuck...Steve is actualy Bowie? That is how he looks to me now.
>>
Rolled 8 (1d20)

>>44949987
>>
>>44950011
As the goblin king?
>>
Rolled 19 (1d20)

>>44949983

Jump! Magic! JUMP!
>>
>>44950034

In my head? Yes.
>>
>>44950699
Wow what happend? Did the QM died?
>>
>>44950725
I'm still here, I just got caught up in something briefly. In short, my stepbrother continues to be a carefree idiot.

>>44950011
When I first wrote this part, Bowie was still alive. So yes.
>>
As the music comes closer you finally catch sight of him. The Steve. You can tell that it's him from his gaudy robes, oiled, muscular chest and his messy hair. He's singing something about working in unison and harmony, but you get lost in his words. The next few moments are a blur, but you come to your senses with the whole crowd staring at you, and The Steve kneeling before you, looking at you expectantly. At least, you presume it's expectantly. You haven't got a clue what to say.

>Um.
>Yes. To whatever you said.
>Hi?
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>44950864
>Um
>Hi?
>>
>>44950864
>>Hi?
I'm just here for the tour.
>>
>>44950864
>Hi? You can call me Ollie

Never give the fey your true name, but don't outright lie.

Time to shadowrun, boyos.
>>
>>44950864
>>Hi?
oh god please tell me we didn't accidentally another child
>>
File: 1452241879885.gif (1 MB, 386x286) Image search: [Google]
1452241879885.gif
1 MB, 386x286
>>44950864
just do this
>>
>>44950864
>Hi?

>>44950948
Depending on which myth we're running, giving them anything that isn't your true name can fuck you over, as can refusing or accepting generosity, and given name may not equal true name.
>>
>>44950961
Nah, we just got engaged to some fey princess.

Possibly a dwarf.
>>
>>44950961
It's too late anon. We're pregnant with David Bowie's half-fae child.
>>
>>44950988
True.

Well, at least we were invited in, so we can claim guest right.
>>
>>44951016
someone to remember him by...
>>
>>44950864
>Yes. To whatever you said.
>>
You give him a little wave.

“...Hi?”

The Steve jumps to his feet and smiles at you.

“Hello!”

The crowds around you echo his jubilant greeting with greatly reduced enthusiasm, and you pause for a few moments to try to work out what's going on.

“Welcome to my foundry, child. Always a pleasure to have a guest, don't you agree?”

Before you can decide between nodding or shaking your head he begins to walk around you in a broad circle, taking long, slow strides.

“Your voice could do with some work. I could teach you to sing like the most magnificent... Oh!”

He spins on his heels to face you, hands behind his back.

“You're here for the tour. Of course. Of course you are!”

He smiles at you, advancing rapidly.

“I'll conduct it myself, show you everything, and in return... you must do only one thing for me. You must enjoy yourself. You must hold nothing back, claim every adventure that you seek to experience, take risks and chances and trust that within this place, you are safe and under my protection. Can you do that for me, child? Can you be, in every way, wild and carefree?”

>I can try
>Wild and free are my middle names
>I'm having doubts about this
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>44950864
>>Hi?
>>
>>44951152
>I can try
>>
>>44951152
>>I can try
As long as we're done in time for me to read my daughter a bedtime story tonight.
>>
>>44951152
>>Other (write-in)
Thank you very much for the offer, but I would be unable to repay such a kindness in a way I felt appropriate. As such I think I'll remove myself from your home before I disgrace myself more as your guest.

Leave, he just gave the terms of the deal as accepting everything offered. Do not accept things from the fey!
>>
>>44951217
This is correct. But on the other hand, it hasn't even been confirmed that he's fey.
>>
>>44951217
I see someone else knows his classic monster lore. Good. You'll need it. Care to share with the class why?
>>
>>44951152
>>44951217
this
>>
>>44951217
New fae or Changelling?
>>
>>44951217
>>44951250
And QM said he has a bunch of notes/was excited for this part. So let's do it.

>>44951152
Do we have our bag with us, QM? If so, we should tell him he has two guests, just so Presence falls under the same protection.
>>
>>44951152
backing >>44951217
out of fear for his knowledge
>>
You pause for a moment.

“I can... try?”

There's a series of collective groans from the crowd, but The Steve's smile doesn't even waver.

“You will try? For me? How lovely. That's all I ask. That you try.”

He bows low, hand gesturing towards the door.

“Beyond that door is the passage to the main factory floor, the place at the heart of the foundry. This is merely the assembly room, the real magic happens below. Shall we proceed?”

>I want to look around some more
>Sure, why not
>Can I just go home?
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>44951296
>And QM said he has a bunch of notes/was excited for this part.
That doesn't mean we will enjoy anything that happens.
>>
>>44951255
Don't encourage metagamming on your own quest QM. No! NO! Bad! BAD QM!!
>>
>>44951296
You do indeed, along with the collars and rods you brought with you. You didn't get a chance to hand them off to Stephen before you fell.
>>
>>44951313
>Sure, why not
>>
>>44951313
>Sure, why not
>>
>>44951330
>metagaming
I don't think you know what that word means.

The paranoid son of a monster hunter using fae lore to avoid the tricks of a possible fae is not metagaming.

>>44951296
This guy wanting to go along with the fae because the QM has notes and is excited is metagaming.
>>
>>44951255
Personally I abhor anything that removes my agency.

His deal was that we take every opportunity to experience new things, he can produce a (near)unlimited things "new" for us to experience and in the end death is always new.
By holding nothing back we would give him everything.
And being a kept pet falls right and square withing being "safe" and "under his protection"

By putting the onus of us not believing we have anything on the same order as what he is giving puts us on the higher ground in the negotiation. He would have to convince us politely or else he is forcing us and we would not be taking the deal of our free will.

I dunno, this is what came at me when I read that. Maybe i read too much Dresden Files
>>
>>44951325
I mean, you're not wrong.

>>44951330
Plot twist, encouraging metagaming leads to people assuming the opposite is true, and the big reveal is that The Steve was the feys all along.
>>
>>44951334
I can't remember which one was my vote, but can we add on that he actually has two guests and introdyce Presence?

Don't want to be accused of violating his hospitality
>>
File: 1449564457368.gif (496 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1449564457368.gif
496 KB, 500x375
>>44951313
>13 doubles

>>Other (write-in)
Run like a black slave, that stole something after deflowering the taskmaster daugther
>>
>>44951387
Fair point.

>Reveal Presence is with you
>Keep her hidden for now in case you need a backup plan.
>>
>>44951313
>Can I just go home?
Establish his reaction and the possibility
>>
>>44951415
>>
>>44951415
>>
>>44951353
It was just a joke anon. You don't need to take everything on the internet seriously.
>>
>>44951432
>"I was only pretending to be retarded!"
>>
>>44951415
>>
>>44951353
On the monster hunter thing, we've never taken the time to study fae lore. All we knew details about when we came to school were vamps and werewolves, and we've only consulted the journal for dryads, and i think one other niche monster.

So we can't just say we know all the tricks.

QM, can we have a monster lore twst to remember what we do know about the fey?
>>
>>44951484
Sounds about right.

Smarts roll plus Monster Lore, +1
>>
>>44951415
>>Reveal Presence is with you
Breaking hospitality is a terrible terrible thing if he is fey. If certain mythologies are followed we might not actually be in the real world anymore, we might be in his plane of existence, the heart of his power where he controls literally everything. Being a guest is about all we have going for us.
>>
Rolled 6 + 1 (1d20 + 1)

>>44951505
>>
>>44951425
>>44951427
>>44951479
Welp. Now WE'RE at fault if she appears. That means he can do w/e he wants to us if he finds out she's there.
>>
Rolled 3 + 1 (1d20 + 1)

>>44951505
Smarts
>>
Rolled 12 + 1 (1d20 + 1)

>>44951505
>>
Rolled 10 + 1 (1d20 + 1)

>>44951505
Also, my vote was to reveal presence. If we remember that I'm right about the hospitality thing, can we revote?
>>
>>44951541
likely not, first to three already happened, we're stuck
>>
>>44951484
>All we knew details about when we came to school were vamps and werewolves
Actually, we only knew details about vampires. Werewolf and dryad lore have both fallen under general monster lore so far, and the latter was recalled from memory, not the journal.
>>
It's weird that we still don't have any skill in blood, fire or rune magic, even after devoting a downtime action to improving the last one.
>>
“Sounds like fun. Sure, why not. Let's see the heart of the foundry.”

The Steve heads for the door with a flourish before opening the door slowly and carefully. It creaks ominously, and the space beyond it radiates with a strange magic. It's almost tangible, thick and slimy and cloying, and you can feel wisps of it sticking to your skin before fading away. The Steve gestures through the door.

“The energy condensers are working at maximum capacity right now, I do hope you'll pardon the aura. We had a bit of a leak earlier on level six that we're still cleaning up, and eldritch magic is very hard to clean up.”

You look at the door for a moment. You can already tell that the moment you walk through, weird stuff is going to start happening, and not just the regular kind of weird that you're slowly getting used to. You'll need your wits about you at all times to avoid having strange visions or succumbing to whatever madness lies ahead.

-

The fey, collectively, are beings attuned to nature, though the connection between a given fey and their natural aspect might only be as an analogy for their behavior. A storm cloud might provide water for a farmer's field, or knock over his windmill, for instance. Fey creatures always follow a king or queen, a leader who embodies a neutral aspect of the natural world with both fiercely destructive and powerfully restorative properties. Such beings are usually mistaken for humans aside from their whimsical qualities and their unusual ability to command lesser fey.

With regards to their social customs, a given fey respects only one of the three high laws of Fairyland. The first law is that creation is more important than destruction. The second is that fun is more important than labor. The third is that words are more important than their meaning. The high laws divide the fey into three main categories, Helpers, Breakers and Lawmakers.

-

>Let's soldier onwards
>Is there another way down?
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>44951704
>Let's soldier onwards
>>
>>44951704
>Lets soldier onwards

>By the way I forgot to introduce you to my friend presence

can we not just do that and get it out of the way before we might piss him off?
>>
>>44951704
>Let's soldier onwards
Probably a Helper or Lawmaker. This place would never get anything done if he was a Breaker.
>>
>>44951704
>Let's soldier onwards
>>
>>44951704
>>44951759
Seconded
>>
>>44951704
>Is there another way down? I wouldn't want you to have to display your home in anything but the best way.
>>
>>44951704
>Let's soldier onwards

>>44951759
You've gone full faggot.
>>
>>44951798
Atleast my peepee is longer than 5.5 inches.
>>
>>44951826
How unfortunate that it's width has to be measured in angstroms.
>>
Smarts roll, +0
Or, you can attempt a Spirit roll at +2, but with a crit fail range rather than a crit success range.
>>
>>44951849
Okay
>>
Rolled 7 (1d20)

>>44951856
Smarts
>>
Rolled 7 (1d20)

>>44951856
Smarts
>>
Rolled 19 (1d20)

>>44951849
Ha, well played
>>44951856
Smarts
>>
Rolled 20 (1d20)

>>44951856
Smarts
>>
>>44951881
Well, we occasionally have a clever thought.
>>
>>44951849
>monofilament dick
Jesus Christ how horrifying
>>
>>44951922
Sounds like a CP2020 weapon.
>>
You advance towards the door slowly and peer through it at what's beyond. There's some sort of elevator platform hanging from a rope, which leads up into the ceiling. Something pushes you forwards, and you tumble into the next room, landing on the elevator. The floor is padded, which is nice, but you look back at the door to find that it's vanished without a trace. The platform begins to lower as a railing forms around the edge, and you can hear whistling behind you. You turn and spot The Steve relaxing on a couch that wasn't there moments ago.

“Mind your head.”

His voice seems to be coming from far away, and you look at your hands. It's like they're ten feet from your face, and you realize that your perceptions have already begun to warp. You sit down, take a deep breath, and focus your magic, trying to push the twisted eldritch energies out of your mind with your own magic. After a few moments your senses return to normal, and you keep concentrating until you feel like you're moving away from the source instead of towards it. The Steve sits up a bit.

“Curious, is it not? A mere child, a human, yet you didn't go mad. Was that my doing, or your own? Is there a difference, so long as you feel like the accomplishment was your own, and the danger my own?”

He smiles coyly at you and turns away, curling up on his seat before jumping up suddenly. The platform rocks and a rope snaps, followed by another, the platform starting to tilt.

“We have but one choice. We jump, and hope to fate that we will live. Do you believe in fate, child? I do. And I see a future in which we survive this fall. Now jump!”

>Jump
>Cling to the platform
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>44952065
>Jump
>>
>>44952065
>Jump
We have a decent mod for this.
>>
>>44952065
>>Jump
I want on Mr. Steve's wild ride.
>>
>>44952065
>Jump
>>
>>44952065
>Jump
Engage suit midair?

And we did say we wanted an ADVENTURE.
>>
>>44952065
>>Jump
We believe in fate, but only so we can fuck with it.
>>
You brace yourself as you watch him slide down the platform as it tilts, easing over the edge and dropping down, and the chair follows suit a moment later. You sigh softly, crouch down, and rest a hand on the platform before jumping towards the widening gap and down the shaft. You land rather abruptly on the ground, taking a few unsteady steps and turning around to find the platform is already on the next floor, tilted slightly and slowly balancing itself out. The walls are moving upwards, giving the impression that the elevator was moving down, and when you look up you can see the next floor is only about ten feet up.

“Excellent choice.”

The Steve claps slowly and walks towards you, grinning from ear to ear.

“Brave enough to take risks. Good. Good! Another point in your favor.”

He grabs you by the wrist and pulls you towards a narrow passageway, leading you through a few tight turns before you finally step out onto a platform overlooking a chamber that, at minimum, must be a mile in each direction. At the very center is some sort of giant crystal, with root-like structures spreading to the ceiling and floor and covering almost every inch of space along the outside of the chamber.

“Welcome to the heart of the foundry, an enormous magical bomb! Its continuous explosions and destructive force are harvested, converted into other types of magic and used for manufacturing all my devices and goods! A single wrong move and it would destroy everything for miles, the greatest gift of the fey to mankind in centuries! Destruction that forever more must be used to create, lest its true destructive force be released!”

He gestures dramatically to it.

“What do you think?”

>Impressive
>I've seen better
>Can I take a picture?
>It's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>44952292
>>It's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen
>Can I take a picture?
>>
>>44952292
>Can I take a picture?

Selfie with the Steve and giant bomb!
>>
>>44952292
>HOOOWWWWW?! How does it work?! What sort of Rune magic did you pull? Or is it Eldritch? Some sort of sustained Elementalism? Did you trap a deity in there and are feeding on its constant rage?
>>
>>44952292
>>It's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen
I compliment you on your creation and how it overcomes it's simple destructive nature
>>
>>44952292
>Can I take a picture?
>>
>>44952292
>>44952331
>>44952395
These two. Maybe a bit less fangirl-ish
>>
>>44952413
>simple
There's nothing simple about a continuous eternal explosion.
>>
>>44952451
I was feeling rushed trying to get something useful out before all the voting got counted like >>44951217
Or atleast giving something that someone else could do better with
>>
You slip Miniora from your pocket and gaze at the crystal.

“It's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen, and I'd like to take a picture of it if that's alright with you.”

The Steve nods and smiles.

“That's fine with me.”

You snap a few pictures of it, but each one is pure white. Your camera lens is being obscured by some sort of magical energy that prevents it from actually taking the shot. You shrug a bit and turn to The Steve, who is rubbing his hands together.

“So now you know about it, child. Now you are ready to face destiny. Fate has led you to my doorstep, tasked you with watching over the heart, protecting the city. At last, I'm free! Haha! A new caretaker at last! It's been so many years, but I've found one!”

You take a step back.

“What do you mean by that, exactly?”

The Steven points a finger at you.

“You will become a fey king, child! You will live forever until a child comes to the foundry, one who is brave, one who can endure dangerous magic on their own. This place will be your home, your prison, your kingdom! You will be ruler and slave both! Such beautiful irony!”

He removes his robes, standing there in a set of plaid boxers, and holds them out to you.

“Take it, child, claim your destiny! Become king of these fey and lord of an empire, shackled to the throne! Release me from a century of suffering!”

>Nope, not happening, see ya
>I see absolutely nothing wrong with this plan
>Can I test drive it before I commit?
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>44952551
>Ah...see, I kinda had other plans on my route to almighty power. An adventure I'm already on. This, while fun, was never meant to be more than a diversion. A sight to see on the journey. I'm going to have to respectfully decline.
>>
>>44952551
>Other (write-in)
I couldn't. I'm more likely to destroy everything with that bomb than create. I could never live to the perfect standard that you have set. Also, in general, fuck that, that's too much work, I've got fun to get back to.
>>
>>44952551
>>44952619
This.
>>
>>44952551
>>Other (write-in) I would, but I have this thing going on with a dinner party and Dracula...
>>
Maybe we could make the bomb into another daughteru heart.
>>
Schmooze roll, +2
>>
Rolled 16 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>44952714
Schmooze
>>
Rolled 3 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>44952714
David no
>>
Rolled 10 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>44952699
I like this idea. How strong would she be though? Strong enough to fend off Zeke?

>>44952714
>>
Rolled 12 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>44952714
>>
>>44952699
>Dracula has eight daughterus from demon mothers
>Oliver has eight daughterus from making extremely powerful fonts of magical energy into blood magic homunculi based on his genetic information and soul
>>
>>44952763
While interesting, and I would dearly love to play one-up Dracula at the neighborhood gatherings, I don't think we'd survive all those difficulty checks
>>
>>44952763
Daughteru army is go.
>>
You look at him for a moment.

“I like that you trust me and all, but I'm more likely to end up destroying everything with that thing than actually creating anything useful. Plus I have my own life to live. I get that you're trapped here, I really do, but do you really think that forcing someone else to take up that mantle is going to make things better? You seem to have fun here, right? Sure, you miss your old life, but it's gone now. This is what you have. This is who you are now. I could never match the standard that you've set with your century of work. Plus I've got this whole dinner thing coming up, and... Yeah.”

The Steve regards you for a few moments. The robes slip from his hands, and he just stares blankly at you. When it starts to get creepy you glance around, but there's no sign to indicate that you're in an illusion or some sort of trick.

>Back away slowly and leave
>Check to see if he's alright
>Inspect the robes
>Check out the heart
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>44952829
Not yet, anyway. Just wait til we have a +4 or 5 Spirit

>>44952854
>>
>>44952854
>>Back away slowly and leave
well.... we can never. EVER come back here.
>>
>>44952854
>>Back away slowly and leave
>>
>>44952854

>>
>>44952829
Yeah, it's mostly just something fun to think about. Like filling the daughteru ranks with cyborg daughteru, fish daughteru, two werewolf daughterus, nephilim daughteru...
>>
>>44952869
You're right. It'd be soooo awkward
>>
>>44952891
>nephilim daughteru
This is a good idea, though I have a feeling they'd turn out like Lot's daughters.
>>
You back away slowly and carefully and make your way back to the elevator, which has been replaced with a set of stairs. You head up slowly and after a few steps realize that every few steps the stairs are sliding you down slightly. Either that or the staircase is growing longer. You need to come up with a plan for getting around this one and getting back to the main floor somehow.

>Write-in
>>
>>44952913
Would Oliver offer them up to people trying to sleep with his guests and then get it on with them while drunk?
>>
>>44952926
>Something something those runes related to spatial relations something something wizard
>>
>>44952944
No. Please no. Daughteru's are for pure.
Though now I get why Drac was pissed.

>>44952926
>Try studying the magic at work, see if there's a way to reverse it.
>>
>>44952926
Rune magic go!

Use our location rune to make a door open to the lobby when it's opened, but only once, and allow us to go through.
>>
>>44952926
>Moonwalk up the staircase
Bowie is elementally weak to Jackson.
>>
>>44952944
>>44952984
No, they'd jump his bones when he was asleep for whatever reason. Nephilim are rather unholy after all.
>>
It seems like magic, and the magic of moonwalking, are the options we're working with here.

>Try to rune magic your way out of this
>Investigate the magic stairs
>Moonwalk
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>44953045
>Moonwalk first
but if that doesn't work
>>Try to rune magic your way out of this
>>
>>44953045
>>Try to rune magic your way out of this
>>
>>44953064
second that
>>
>>44953013
>Moonwalk
>>
>>44953045
>>
What the fuck is even happening this entire thread?
>>
>>44953045
>Moonwalk
>Try to rune magic your way out of this
In that order.

>>44953013
I don't recall them being mentioned as unholy like that. Slightly sacrilegious to make, sure, but that's different from being unholy.
>>
>>44953101
Magic.
>>
>>44953101
David Bowie is a fae king and we're going to summon a zombie army with moonwalking to fight his goblins.
>>
>>44953088
How does that help with unholy incetuous daughterus?

>>44953102
I'm drawing on my very limited knowledge of them from the A Wrinkle In Time series
>>
>>44953045
>>44953064
This.
>>
>>44953101
Come, join us. We're having fun.

>>44953116
I enjoyed those books quite a bit.

Speed roll plus Acrobatics, +3
>>
Rolled 18 + 3 (1d20 + 3)

>>44953144
>>
Rolled 11 + 3 (1d20 + 3)

>>44953144
>>
Rolled 11 + 3 (1d20 + 3)

>>44953116
Yeah, there's not really a lot in the way of actual biblical sources on whether or not they're bad, but presumably they'd inherit the power of free will from their human side and that'd override any other factors, or they'd be free willed but biased towards good.

>>44953144
>>
>>44953174
I thought the apocrypha talked about them being a major factor for why the world got bad enough it needed to flood?

And I know it says they're forbidden, so probably up there with homunculi in terms of unholiness.
>>
You turn around and take a moment to gather your thoughts. The stairs make you go down when you walk up. You take a step forward and end up off the stairs, so going forwards always makes you go down. You nod to yourself, limber up a bit, and attempt to moonwalk along the stairs. The moment you start the stairs become a ramp, and with each step you take backward you find yourself moving a little higher up the stairs until, at last, you're moonwalking your way out the door and into the workshop once more. No one is paying you any mind at all, though some are muttering about “another child rejecting The Steve's job”.

>Get out of dodge
>Find someone to tell you more about the collars
>Drop the collars off to be destroyed and floor it
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>44953212
Could just be that the nephilim were as fallible as mortals with the power of their angelic parentage, I could see that contributing a hell of a lot to a descent into general awfulness. Not necessarily all nephilim being inherently bad.

Are we talking about unholy in the "they're biased towards bad stuff" way (i.e. demons) or unholy in the "self-righteous pricks want to kill them" way (i.e. Athena)? Because I fully expect the latter.
>>
>>44953240
>>Find someone to tell you more about the collars
>>
>>44953240
>Steve's job”
Badum tish
>>
>>44953240
...Did that just fucking work?
>>
>>44953240
>The Steve's job
...you motherfucker. I love it!

Find someone to talk about the collars
>>
>>44953240
I feel bad for The Steve now.
>>
>>44953253
Oh, i absolutely meant the latter. The other bit was just joking around.

Completely unrelated, but if Angie falls, do you think she'll be a demon of sloth?
>>
>>44953268
Fey realm. Fun overrides logic.
>>
>>44953308
Depends on if fallen angels = demons in this canon. Sometimes fallen angels are a higher class of being with demons just being aggregate sin. But Sloth is definitely the sin she represents, yes.
>>
>>44953331
This guy gets it. The Steve runs his foundry using, quite literally, the "rule of cool" to keep things running smoothly.
>>
You wander around a little bit until you find a table surrounded by bearded men who, when standing, would barely come up to your chest, if that. They're working on various pieces of jewelry, some working with metal, others with precious gems, and one with leather and fabric. You pull out one of the collars and its corresponding rod and clear your throat.

“Excuse me, but I was wondering if someone could tell me about this? I was in a shop recently and acquired this, but I barely know what it does or how it functions, and I think it isn't working properly.”

One of them looks over at you and scoffs.

“Well of course it isn't working right, it's a shoddy piece of second-rate garbage. I can tell just by looking at it that it's junk. How much did they charge you for it? Whatever you paid it was too much.”

He snatches the collar from you, along with the rod, and squints.

“Hmm. Interesting spells, not the like I've seen before, but the pattern is familiar enough. Slave collar with a control rod. Cheap garbage, but effective on feeble minds or those who have been enchanted to be receptive to it. What do you want doing with it? Fixing up, or what?”

>If it's cheap trash then scrap it for parts, with my thanks.
>Actually, I was looking to learn to make magic items myself.
>What do you mean by cheap garbage if it works?
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>44953401
>>
>>44953401
>>
>>44953401
>>
>>44953401
>>Actually, I was looking to learn to make magic items myself.
>>
>>44953401
>If it's cheap trash then scrap it for parts, with my thanks.
>>
You shake your head.

“I was actually looking to learn to make magic items myself. I figured I'd find someone knowledgeable by waving that piece of trash around and seeing who gave it the deepest disdain.”

The man looks at you before laughing.

“Well, I can't fault you there. My name is Soot, and these are my brothers, Ash, Dust, Smoke and Cinder.”

He snaps the collar in half, and a series of sparks fly up into the air before crackling and popping. He smiles at you.

“Consider this your first lesson.”

He jabs you in the chest with his finger.

“A spell is a spell, and a magical device is a magical device. The difference between them is that a spell is free and mobile, like a wild pony. A magical device is a tamed horse. You can really put a spell to work if you can tame it and take care of it properly. The world of magical craftsmanship is all about creating the finest spells and then nurturing them within items until they can sustain themselves and do what they're made to do. Every magical item is a little bit sentient, you know. Crude, like a fly, just enough awareness to respond to basic input.”

He holds out the control rod.

“Like this, see? The collar reacts to the rod.”

He sets the pieces of the collar on the table and begins to tinker with them.

“So if you want to learn to make magic items, first you've gotta learn how to make a spell smart enough to turn on and off when you mean it to. Then you need to give it a suitable habitat, feed it well, and teach it how to feed itself.”

He reconnects the pieces of the collar before bending the rod into a ring, offering both to you.

“There. A ring of command, and a collar that will enhance the wearer, not just command them. What good is having help if they're not combining their strength with your own, eh? Stronger, faster... That kind of thing.”

He grins at you.
>>
>Thanks a bunch. I'll be back some other time, mind teaching me more then?
>See you around, Soot. Thanks for the lesson.
>I can't accept these, sorry. The person who brought me here would object.
>I have others, actually, can you do that again? I wanna watch that more closely.
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>44953577
>>
>>44953554
Like a way to make it not command but more enhance
>>
>>44953577

How strong of a being will this work on?
>>
>>44953577
>>Thanks a bunch. I'll be back some other time, mind teaching me more then?

lose a teacher, gain a teacher.
>>
>>44953597
You know, just because it's capable of giving commands doesn't mean we have to use it to do so.

If someone trusts Oliver enough to put the collar on willingly, it's a non-issue as well, and I don't see Oliver forcing it on someone.

Also, the command portion of it protects whoever's wearing it from other mind control effects, that's part of why Jennifer has to wear that one.
>>
>>44953623
>lose a teacher
Please no anon, it still hurts.
I miss Jenny.
>>
>>44953655
She's not gone for good. And a collar like this is exactly the sort of thing she'd like.
>>
You nod and pocket the collar with a smile.

“Thanks a ton, Soot. I'll be sure to do my research on it. Would it be alright if I came by for another lesson sometime, once I've got the basics under my belt? I could do with a proper teacher for this kind of stuff.”

Soot waves dismissively and grins.

“Come now, I'm just a humble laborer. But yes, I'll gladly teach you some more, so long as The Steve permits you to return. He takes rejection quite hard, you see. But I'm sure you'll find a way to smooth things over.”

You nod a bit and slip the ring into your pocket before glancing around.

“Where's the door out of here, by the way?”

Soot shrugs.

“No idea, never needed it. But if I had to guess, I'd say it's where you least expect it.”

He gently taps his nose with a wink before turning back to his work.

>Attempt to open the door that's right in front of your nose
>Clearly this is a riddle of some sort without an obvious answer. Extrapolate.
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>44953697
>>
>>44953697
>>Attempt to open the door that's right in front of your nose
Shave and a haircut.
>>
>>44953697
>>
>>44953697

>>
>>44953675
Still, she was easily the closest person Oliver was to, it feels weird not being able to talk to her about our shenanigans.
>>
You take a step back and smirk. Clever. Where do you least expect to find a door you're looking for but can't locate? Right in front of your nose. You reach up a bit and grab the handle, which forms in your hand an inch from your nose, and you open the door as it forms and step through. You find yourself in a gift shop of some sort. There's memorabilia of The Steve everywhere, and elevator music playing over aged speakers set into the ceiling. You can see Stephen outside by the minivan waiting for you. There's a box for donations, discards and drop offs near the door leading outside, the perfect place to ditch the spare collars and rods you brought with you.

>Dump the collars and rods and keep the spiffy one Soot augmented for study
>Dump the lot and go
>Take it all with you, Stephen doesn't need to know
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>44953770
>>
We should find someone willing to replace The Steve.
>>
>>44953770
>>
>>44953770

>>44953782
Tobias?
>>
>>44953782
Sidequest gained.
>>
>>44953770
>>Dump the collars and rods and keep the spiffy one Soot augmented for study

>>44953795
not a bad idea.
>>
>>44953770
>>>Dump the collars and rods and keep the spiffy one Soot augmented for study
If Steve gets huffy, just tell him we're studying to see if we can make Sammy's dad less what he is.
>>
>>44953770
>>
>>44953795
If Tobias replaces The Steve, will The Steve become our new Tobias?
>>
>>44953799
>>44953795
Sidequest completed.

Honestly though, do we want to curse anyone to that? Bradley might have fit in there, but I think Tobias would be out of his depth. He's just a normal human, and he's more or less our friend.
>>
>>44953857
Bradley did want magic...
>>
>>44953800
>>44953853
>>44953857
Bradley works too and gets around the whole him dying bit.
>>
>>44953857
I'd definitely say less our friend, plus I'd rather not piss off Angie.
>>
>>44953878
but does he meet the requirements? I'd rather not just toss immortality and a god-factory into the lap of an idiot.
>>
You dump the collars and rods in the box on your way out, making sure that it's in Stephen's line of sight so there aren't any questions later. The collar Soot modified looks different now, but it's still a collar, and it still has the same control stone set into it to control a werewolf's shifting. As you leave the foundry and head for the van you briefly consider using it to try to force Sammy into human or werewolf form, but you don't know if it would break her in the process. Probably not the best plan.

“Well, that's finally finished... Thanks again for your help, Oliver.”

Stephen smiles at you.

“I mean that. I couldn't have done it without you. You've helped the werewolf clans deal with a threat we would have had a lot of trouble with otherwise. I'd like to mark the occasion with a formal ceremony to make you part of the pack, if you still want to be a member of our clan. The new moon is coming up, but how about next full moon? We can celebrate things properly and have a wild time.”

>Sounds good to me
>I don't need a ceremony to be a member of the pack in my heart
>Are you sure it's alright?
>Deflect gracefully
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>44953907
>>Sounds good to me
this might help smooth things over with Sammy.
>>
>>44953907
>Deflect gracefully
We want them for support, but we don't want to be a full member
>>
>>44953907
>Deflect gracefully
>>44953930
We don't want to be a werewolf.
>>
>>44953907
>Sounds good to me
>>
>>44953907
>Sounds good to me
Honorary though, since I can't do magic as a werewolf.
>>
>>44953907
>Sounds good to me
>>
>>44953907
>Deflect gracefully
>>
>>44953907
>a formal ceremony to make you part of the pack
>>44953953
>>44953958
>>44953960
>>44953930
This is "bite you, welcome to the pack" territory guys. Be very, very careful.
>>
>>44953907
Would this turn us into a werewolf?
>>
>>44953977
is it? do we even know?
>>
>>44953977
That'd be blatantly stupid since that takes away our magic and we can't fix the curse. So it isn't. Stop being a retard.
>>
>>44953991
We know that we were already declared a member of the pack by Patrick, so that's the only way we could be "more" part of the pack.
>>
>>44954013
no, we turned that down in favor of proving ourselves to the clan, which we did, becoming an honorary member.
>>
>>44953958
We're already an honorary member of the pack.
>>
>>44954031
And we decided on that because becoming a full member means we have obligations as part of the pack, including submitting to Stephen's authority.

We can't do that and meet all our other obligations.
>>
You nod and smile.

“Sounds like a plan to me, so long as no one bites me. Honorary member and all that. I'm pretty sure that I don't want to be an uncontrolled werewolf, right?”

Stephen nods.

“Correct. There won't be any biting, nipping or nibbling, I assure you. We've all had our fair share of experiences with our less fortunate kin, and we wouldn't wish that fate on anyone. No, this is merely a ceremony letting people know that we accept you as one of our own, as a brother and member of our family. You've come to our aid when called upon, and we will do the same for you. Something a bit more official than Patrick's boon.”

You chuckle softly.

“I don't really think distracting people in a store really counts for much, but sure, sounds good.”

Stephen gets into the car and turns it on.

“Let's get going then. I'm sure you've got big plans for a Saturday night, I won't keep you from them.”

You climb into the car and immediately try to figure out what you want to do next. You've still got the whole evening to make use of. Maybe more time with Athena, or hanging out with someone?

>Chill with Athena
>Hang out with Sammy for the evening
>Head into town with some people
>Tutoring with Meliora
>Work on History stuff with Catherine
>Organize a party
>Magic practice
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>44954070
>Chill with Athena
Ask her if she'd like to be our familiar.
>>
>>44954070
>>44954079
Seconded
>>
>>44954070
>>
>>44954070
>>
>>44954070
>>
>>44954070
>>Chill with Athena
Games with daughteru.
And this, i guess.>>44954079
>>
Hanging with Sammy it is. Will you...

>Ask her out on a date
>Ask her to hang out somewhere in town
>Head over to her room to hang out
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>44954136
>>
>>44954136
>>
>>44954136
>>Ask her to hang out somewhere in town
>>
>>44954136
>>Ask her to hang out somewhere in town
>>
>>44954167
>i miss Sammy...
Why? She's boring. And she doesn't like our daughter. This is an issue.

But i guess this is a good time to find out why.
>>
>>44954136
>>
You text Sammy and ask her if she wants to hang out in town for a little while, and after a few minutes she texts back a yes, asking you where you want to go and recommending a karaoke bar that she went to with Andrea a while back that was “pretty cool”. You're not that confident in your singing, but a karaoke bar is a place to goof off and embarrass yourself, so you guess you fit the bill on that one.

>Karaoke
>Let's go to the arcade again
>Let's hit the shops
>Let's go to a cafe
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>44954202
>she doesn't like our daughter
She was mostly surprised, which is pretty understandable. She's been coming around, playing with her and getting closer, and she got her that stuffed parrot she likes.

>>44954215
>Karaoke
>>
>>44954215
>>Let's go to the arcade again
>>
>>44954215
>Karaoke
>>
>>44954215
>Let's go to the arcade again
>>
>>44954215
>>Karaoke

>>44954202
if your psuedo-ex showed up out of nowhere with a child, you'd be a little put off too
>>
>>44954215
>Karaoke
>>
>>44954215
Karaoke

Break out the sake to.
>>
>>44954221
>>44954243
I feel like it's more that she doesn't like our daughter, and is trying to grin and bear it. It said she was still really uncomfortable around Athena. If you Sammyfags are so bound and determined to romance her, then you need to hash it out.
>>
You let her know to meet you there and text you the address, and after getting dropped off by Stephen and heading back to your room, you remember something vital. You promised Presence you'd help her prank people tonight. You set your bag down carefully on your bed and consider your options. Making plans with Sammy and then canceling right away? Not cool. Bailing on Presence? Also not cool.

>Speed pranking, challenge Presence to a prank race and try to get it done before you meet with Sammy
>Cancel on Sammy, tough luck
>Bail on Presence, make up for it later
>Sneak Presence along, let her cause mischief while you're out with Sammy
>Other (write-in)
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.