[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's smugest you've ever felt while tabletopping?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 145
Thread images: 32
File: 1463983646785.png (28 KB, 335x506) Image search: [Google]
1463983646785.png
28 KB, 335x506
What's smugest you've ever felt while tabletopping?
>>
>>47415752

Playing a Barbarian whose moveset was limited to "charge at that guy" and "axe people some questions" and being infinitely more effective than an overly pompous but very, very bad Wizard.
>>
>>47415752
>Enter dungeon
>Rest of the group rolls horribly
>Kill everything myself
>All some 20 enemies
>>
I've played Fighters that were better faces then the parties bard.

I've played mortals that kicked WoD werewolves in the dick and walk away unscathed.

I've played barbarians that out magicked the Wizard BBEG thanks to wands, scrolls, staves and helpings of UMD.

I've ran from one end of the Tomb of Horrors to the other, with out failing a single skill check, after getting teleported stark naked to the beginning.

I've hand a few times.
>>
>>47415752
Spent two days before the start of a campaign telling my friend his build didn't work. He swore the GM would let it work.
GM didn't let it work.
>>
Had 3 so far in the various roles.

>As player
In spite of having 3 wizards and a fighter in the party, they proved bloody incompetent thanks to too much faith in their single spells and only seemed good as moving targets. This gave me time to Rube-Goldberg the entire encounter, as a Commoner.
>Smugness lost when said wizards believe that I -MUST- be a wizard too because of that and insist I fight front and center from now on
>Infinite smugness when I still inexplicably haven't died yet
If only I had that luck more often IRL...

>As a DM
Rollplaying power-gamer abuses the ever living hell out of the downtime system and has made it so I will never consider such a thing again. As we enter the final battle, he spends everything to beef up his PC as much as possible and can easily 1 shot just about anything. Attempts to betray the party at the BBEG encounter.
Ends up doing next to no damage and is easily killed by the other players who actually worked and pooled their resources together just in case this happened.
The day is saved by the role-player who used the downtime system to learn more about the world and found the not-so-hidden McGuffin by talking to the not-so-subtle level 20 wizard casually living in the town.

Felt a little too proud when I saw him rage out of the game.

>In RP (not directly tg, but still a personal favorite)
Group pissed me off 1 too many times but I feel an insatiable need for revenge rather than just walking away like an adult. Bad on me sure, but I spent solid 50+ hours roleplaying the group into a plot set right in the middle of the magical realm. They only realized what I had done at the climax which was a druid getting it on with a deer. It made total sense in the narrative, they had every reason to suspect what I was doing, but didn't actually believe I'd go through with it, and backing out of the story would simply throw too much wasted time down the drain. They sat through every bitter word of it. THEN I left.
>>
>>47415752
>annual Thanksgiving poker game with family
>Royal Flush of Spades
This never happened T_T
>>
>>47415752
When I was a shitlord teenager, I joined my first D&D group, played a cleric. There was another one, too, had been in for a few months... didn't cast, at all. Got fed up with his CN turd crap (way more shitlord than I was at that point), challenged him to a duel, even forfeited the fancy mace I had, he's all "shore le's dewit"

He wins initiative, pegs me for something on the order of 2d6+4. Paltrystuff.

I had just gotten to 11th level.

Harm.

It didn't kill him, but holy shit did it break his spirit. He had mentioned his character wanted to be immolated when he died, by the by.

C-Cure Serious Wounds! (Not a smart fellow, though tbf the spell level difference meant he was as good as bodied either way)

Flame Strike.

I was a pizza shit.
>>
>>47415752
Actually wrestling down a dragon.
>>
>>47415752
Who's this vaguely racist man?
>>
>>47415752
>What's smugest you've ever felt while tabletopping?

Probably the time we accidentally stumbled into but then managed to very much intentionally completely FUCK the plans of a chaos space marine sorcerer and his cult to take over a large ecclesiarchy ship while at the same time securing a notebook that had belonged to Big E.
>>
>>47417948
>Who's this vaguely racist man?

I think it might be some kind of carved and painted wooden mask.
>>
>>47417948
The evil mad-science Captain in Bleach, I forget his name.

>>47418120
No, I believe it's face paint.
>>
File: 1449505814122.gif (855 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1449505814122.gif
855 KB, 500x281
>>47415752
>5e Ranger with Mobility focus

When the party was getting wrecked by a God of War tier boss, and my asinine series of actions actually worked and just so happened to be the last of the monster's HP.

Big monster smashed into the platform I was on, and I made the DEX check with flying colors. Landed on the arm, ran up to the head and launched a few arrows into the soft spot bringing it down. Yeah, it was totally a team effort, but I got the killing blow, so that means I won, right?

Come to think of it, having an Archer that ran like a horse and jumped like a flea was fun. I hurracanrana'd a cultist off of a tree. The DM was great for allowing crazy fun stuff to happen.
>>
>>47415752
While playing a game of 40k, I sent out a 10man team of terminators + terminator captain against a guy using the smashfucker captain build. He was just a bait and switch to distract him with while my actual warlord, a librarian, stayed unmolested the entire game. I lost the terminator captain, but kept a shit-eating grin the whole time cause my opponent spent 3 turns trying to kill off him and the terminators before reminding him he wasn't the warlord.
>>
>playing shadowrun
>one player was being a colossal prick
>full min - maxed mystic adept
>I was playing a flavorful Street Sam
>got robbed most of the game, and because Mysadept was the 'group leader' and determined the missions, most jobs had lots of karma payout and almost no nuyen payout
>about 6 months into it
>Mysadept finally crosses a line
>directly responsible for death of team rigger who was a bro
>my street Sam calls him out.
>most of the game the Mysadept has been channeling a force 15 spirit for obscene stats and powers.
>Mysadept was a shaman, and had been rather poorly treating this spirit by forcing it to hold onto this one service for so long.
>discuss some spirit related information with the GM
>game day. We had had about a month of downtime since rigger bro died.
>call out the Mysadept.
>challenge him to a duel.
>pull out trusty shot gun.
>fire FAB rounds full auto into Mysadept.
>Mysadept only takes like 2 stun because of min maxed powers and shit, but it doesn't matter.
>GM ruled that FAB rounds would knock the spirit out of the Mysadept.
>had made similar ruling a few months prior, so Mysadept couldn't claim bias.
>Force 15 spirit, no longer bound to service, rolls to become free spirit
>succeeds
>murders the fuck out of the Mysadept

The game pretty much didn't survive after that, but I haven't felt as smug before, or since, having basically killed that asshole with one attack.
>>
>>47415752
Instakilling 4 CR 16s (my character was 18th level) in a single round that my DM was trying to use to make my character feel vulnerable (as my DM was under the impression that casters should be somewhat intimidated by brutes). During the surprise round they took off our fighters arm, but failed to hit my character once, due to buff spells.
>>
>>47419188
3.5?
>>
>>47419196
Yes, but to be fair, this was the first tabletop campaign I was ever involved with in.
>>
File: 1421705443557.gif (209 KB, 900x955) Image search: [Google]
1421705443557.gif
209 KB, 900x955
>DM obviously thinks less of me when I don't know the -entire- history of the drow+inter house politics after making one
>some how lording his knowledge over me and yet unwilling to actually explain shit I/the group obviously don't get because we've never read the shitton of books/source material older than some of us are (we have a 14 year old. DM's been playing since second edition)
>notice the new players are struggling
>DM apprently hasn't helped them enough
>help them with ultra basic /tg/ rules of play, and just general character creation, which I absolutely love doing
>Sessions pass, new players listen to my explanations more than the DM at times
>regale both the new and old players with tales of good creative (not neccesarrially things that should be emulated) stuff I've said is from /tg/
>like Oink-bane, Old man Henderson, the peasant railgun, Bag of holding inside portable holes, cancer mages with shittons of strength, some of the better quests, ECT.
>This inspires the new guys to have more fun with what they make and do
>Other players take notice
>other -Groups- take notice
>I'm basically the go-to guy for rules/fun roleplay stories
>I get to help explain the world of roleplay to new people
>this DM actually worked there at one point
>I'm fairly certain he quit, but on not too bad of terms
>I might actually get a job there
>From being more helpful/knowledgeable/fun to people almost entirely out of spite for the DM being kind of a dick when we first met
>MFW
He's gotten way way better, imo, but I cannot help the sheer amount of smug glow I get when I get people coming to me rather than him for help in his own game.
>>
>>47416325
Storytiem.
the deer story first
>>
>>47415752
When someone replied to this message with (You).
>>
>>47415752
Making an NPC wizard break down in tears by successfully countering his spell... seven times in a row.
>The wizard casts Fireball
>NOPE
>The wizard casts Lightning Bolt
>NOPE
>The wizard casts Prismatic Spray
>NOT. ALLOWED.
>>
>>47419459

He's an unsociable douchebag, but you're really just a pretender.
>>
>>47417948
>>47418152
Kurotsuchi Mayuri. His superpower is LOL SCIENCE, including defeating the psuedo-zombie of his once ally by having drugged him "sometime" and then perpetually looping his mind until he was catatonic.
>>
>>47415752
When we perfected and patented Safety Stick technology. Close second was when we disseminated the knowledge of its existence and the product itself.

The new DM was being a bitch about traps and it quickly fell into a DM vs. Players arms race.
>>
>>47420278
Don't forget he literally showed up to a fight with secondary and tertiary everything in his body "just in case" which just so happened to shut down the one guy he fought who's power was to remotely destroy any organ using anatomically correct models of said organ as he only had the correct amount of models for one normal human body.
Oh and you literally can't kill him as he has as many NotHorcruxes as needed.
>>
>>47415752
probably that time i completely fucked the DM's entire campaign with a poncho made of beads of force in D&D because the DM is forever an asshat and really needed a humbling after the 3rd campaign in a row was his fetish shit and he refused to hand over the GM spot to someone who won't pull that shit.
>>
Engineering a situation where the dm knew i should've won, where he couldn't think of a "no, but.." and had to just outright say it wasn't allowed to happen and give me extra xp for it.

The fact that up until that point he claimed there wasn't any railroading made it all the sweeter
>>
>>47416339
>At relatives for thanksgiving.
>Dealer cards are flipped into everyone getting a royal flush of diamonds
I wish I was kidding, but only four people saw it.
>>
>>47420981
So whoever had an Ace in pocket won that hand?
>>
Werewolf the apocalypse game, took 5 pt enemy flaw, gm spends two weeks making said villain.
3rd or 4th gen setite vamp
Kill villain in one turn before he could get an attack off
>>
File: 8c5.png (282 KB, 707x211) Image search: [Google]
8c5.png
282 KB, 707x211
That time I "cucked" the DM with the only girl in the group and he was a passive agressive bitch about it for months, made me feel like pic related
>>
>>47421545
Wait. How is that cucking? Unless they were dating or something. Its not even cockblocking unless he actually stood a chance and you fucked him over.
>>
>>47420090
(You).
>>
File: OrigCash.jpg (42 KB, 242x251) Image search: [Google]
OrigCash.jpg
42 KB, 242x251
>>47421699
Exactly. He liked her, he called dibs on her, he asked her out, she said no. She started getting chummy with me, I asked her out, she says yes, we never stopped going out, he gets assmad. Now we take available opportunity to rub it in his face and be smug shits about it. If anything, his faggotry has made our relationship stronger.
>>
>>47422328
>Exactly.
Different anon here; that's still not cucking OR cockblocking. Stop trying to use words you don't understand.
>>
>>47422328
Again thats neither cucking or cockblocking. She straight up turned him down and there was no relationship between them prior.
>>
>>47422448
>>47422473
I'm agreeing with you two. It wasn't cucking but in my DM's mind it was because he's an entitled manchild, that's the point of the "" in my first post.
>>
>>47422741
Not really. dudes just thirsty and envious.
>>
>>47421767
And here's your 4.
>>
File: 200px-Wesnothlich.png (46 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
200px-Wesnothlich.png
46 KB, 200x200
>>47415752
>Finally saved enough loot to make a phylactery in a long term evil campaign

>DM tells me that he'll give me a +2 LA, and retroactively remove two of my levels

>Tell him that if that's the case, I'll just build an army of golems

>Nevermind, no level adjustment

Damn straight, bitch. I worked hard for that money.
>>
File: 1370259200352.png (74 KB, 711x462) Image search: [Google]
1370259200352.png
74 KB, 711x462
>>47415752
Whenever I'm GMing. I feel that a shit-eating grin is necessary to enhance the impact of traps players mindlessly walk into.
>>
Basically hollowing out a decent holy city to make it my own personal Yharnam.

It's good to be the Pope.
>>
>>47415752
>go into hell to visit a city there
>kill some devils outside the city and loot some certificates from them
>make some slight alterations to the certificates to get ourselves into the city (apparently nobody gets in without a certificate)
>my barbarian lost his side weapon recently so he goes shopping for a new one while he's there because apparently it's the biggest arms market in hell
>cashier demands to see my certificate and then asks me how I obtained it
>deceit skill is shit
>show off my adamantine greataxe and inform him that I paid for the certificate with adamantine
>cashier gets pissed off but can't do anything about it
>lets me buy a sidearm and then tells me to get the fuck out
>>
>>47420090
>>
>>47415752
>playing a private investigator
>complete combat campaign
>no combat skills past some trusty pocket
>completely useless in everyfight
>we come to the BBEG
>he is an aztec god
>He kills the whole party but me and we go get beer becuase I had a crit on talking to him
>>
>>47420214
You play a counter deck in MtG, don't you?

>>47415752
>Kinda sick of DMing
>next guy won't take over until the end of current campaign
>He's actively working to keep the story from wrapping up.
>Trick him (and the rest of the group) into going on the final dungeon crawl.
>MFW they think that they are avoiding the rails.
>>
>>47419550
[Spit on the Rocks] (1/3)
A bit of backstory
>RP group of 3, both good friends of mine who invited me a few months back, seemed knowledgeable about trpgs and all so I agreed
>Regret came quickly after I saw their PCs, one was a prim and proper elf paladin whose super power was money, and of course the greatest and bestest warrior there ever was
>If I remember, the other was "Death's long lost daughter, who was raised by an evil witch that tortured and experimented on her, escaped and lived on the streets, more torture and experiments, was found by a legendary assassins guild, attempts to commit horrible suicides because evil-bitch-mother haunts her to this day, but lol immortal and total badass cause death's kid"
>Now I didn't know it was going to be like this, but by the time I had enough of their bullshit my character was a 16 year old carpenter half-elf who wanders from town to town and would send letters back to his family
>At this point we were lodged in some bum-fuck village to take a break from the previous catastrophe of an adventure, we also have a “freed genie” in our party of snowflakes so she was following my character around during all of this
>Keikaku begins
>Decide to go "explore" the surrounding village and maybe pick up a quick carpentry gig to pass the time
>Walk into a local bar and ask around, the bartender tells me he wants to make a drink out of some rare materials from the nearby forest
>The drink specifically calls for a “white, transparent liquid” as an ingredient. My character agrees since he has nothing better to do
To explain before continuing further, 1 player would decide the “plot” until it could be resolved by the group as a whole. This pseudo-GM would have total control of all locations and NPCs related to this plot. As such, I had final say in regards to the entire bar and any dialogue from its NPCs given that it was my plot/creation. The genie was also an alt for the edgelord.
>>
File: The Other Kind.jpg (139 KB, 552x596) Image search: [Google]
The Other Kind.jpg
139 KB, 552x596
>>47426102
(2/3)
>On our way to the forest we run into the other snowflakes, the edgelord was in a heated battle with some hooded figure that managed the impossible task of “giving her a challenge”
>It fled as soon as the entire party was gathered and the edgelord took her time describing all the bloody wounds her character suffered while the paladin tended to her wounds
>Being a bastion of common sense, I point out that it would be easier to ask the genie to “wish” her wounds away and for the two of them to go chase down this villain before it went to murder everyone in the humble village it ran towards to
>They tell me only the paladin is trained in medicine and that the guy who just gave “death” a hard time won’t be a threat to the village
>Remembering why the group was awful, I had my character complain loudly about how ridiculous and stressful it was going along with the current party and how nice it would be to get a change of pace
>My speech convinces the genie to go along with the plan to go “prank” the bartender, we grab a doe and get to work
>Well, she held the doe down while –I- did the work of prying its jaw open and getting as much of its saliva as I could into our little collection jar for the bartender’s liquid. I described in far too much detail the texture of its tongue, the feel of its fur, and the slow descent of saliva running from my finger tips into the jar
>OOC they bitched to me about being gross, I then pointed out that after the 3 times they almost brought ME to the damned magical realm with their characters’ “hugging”, I deserve a moment myself, this got them to be quiet for awhile longer
>Feeling ashamed of myself, but knowing revenge is too sweet to pass up on, we leave the traumatized doe behind and take the jar of deer spit back to the bartender as I ready the final blow
>>
File: 1332546293982.png (330 KB, 500x374) Image search: [Google]
1332546293982.png
330 KB, 500x374
>>47426102
>that image
>>
>DM wants to have fun, so we each roll for a special ability for our character PRIOR to creating them
>I roll a short-ranged blink usable 3 times per day
>Proceed to roll the beefiest paladin i could and got my hands on a tower shield
>Blinked in front or arrows and other projectiles that would have hit teammates while wielding a huge heavy shield.
>>
File: Embarrased Druid.gif (139 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
Embarrased Druid.gif
139 KB, 500x281
>>47426102
(3/3)
>The bartender was pleased upon on our return and immediately checked the ingredients to ensure we weren’t playing him for a fool, the genie and I were giggling like idiots, IRL I had a speech planned and waiting
>”What….WHAT, THE FUCK DID YOU DO, WITH MY -WIFE-?!” The bar went into silence as all the patrons stared at the genie and I. IRL the other players were in hysterics, their happiness wouldn’t last long
>”My poor Beatrice… How dare you RAVAGE her?! You monsters! How can you live with yourselves having thrown a poor soul against the dirt and hold her down, staring into her fearful dark eyes, pulling her ears back so you both listen to her screams as you THRUST inside of her?!”
>I became incredibly graphic and continued to describe as violent and disturbing sexual image as I could as the bartender stood shocked imagining how we would have a jar of his wife’s spit. The players were disturbed but I was typing too fast before they could tell me to stop. Finally, my character raised his head and stated “Sir...It’s just a jar of deer spit…What are you talking about?”
>Immediately, everyone knew, in the bar, and IRL. The association was clear, there was no way to get the image out of their heads. I had an insecure bartender describe a vivid picture of deer rape to two minors.
>The chat was silent, the bartender then wildshaped into a buck and fled before the townspeople murdered him for being a dirty animal fucker, I left the group myself knowing they were scarred for life, feeling the warm smug glow of sweet, sweet revenge

In hindsight they were impressed with how far I was able to take that and liked having me around as a bastion of sanity for their bullshit. Still never rejoining them again though. It’s also probably a trap for me

Y'all want the other 2?
>>
>>47426173
Go for it, /tg/ is always up for storytime.
>>
In our Pathfinder campaign, one of my fellow PCs is an Investigator who's consistently arrogant both IC and OOC, believing himself able to outwit any threat he comes across and act like a human lie detector. To his credit, he's managed to think or skill check his way through nearly every problem that the GM has thrown at him.

For the last year I've been smiley ever-smugly whenever we session, as he's never realized that the party paladin he completely and utterly trusts is actually an antipaladin.
>>
>>47415752
Lawnmower Man?
>>
File: Photobomb.jpg (6 MB, 4098x3275) Image search: [Google]
Photobomb.jpg
6 MB, 4098x3275
>>47426202
Gonna’ use the commoner first then, save the DM for last.
[The Man Behind the Wizards] (1/2)
>3.P game, party consisting of 4 casters, a fighter, and a “completely unremarkable, John Smith”
>In reality we knew nothing about each other’s’ characters other than any items we saw each other pull out or anyone ever took a particular action, spells and swords were obvious giveaways
>John Smith confused everyone though, he had a horse, a light crossbow, and hundreds of pounds of completely miscellaneous items easily amounting to half the party’s total weight
>We all awoke in a prison and he didn’t do much during the escape, he insisted that he stay behind everyone else and moved as slowly and stealthily as he possibly could, always standing near the last door we came from just in case something bad happened
>In the end we finally found a boat and sailed away from the prison, he showed us a necklace that held a single picture of a small family and asked us if we recognized anyone in the pictures, we couldn’t and he kept to himself for the rest of the night
>In the morning we came across a goblin raid on a coastal town, the little bastards were everywhere, kidnapping the women and setting fire to the buildings, it was our moral obligation to stand in and do what we could to help
>Now having 4 casters, putting out several fires and taking out a few goblins would be cake, right? Unfortunately each caster whiffed their rolls completely, one was even mind controlled by their own spell and had to be restrained before falling into the village well. The fighter wasn’t having much luck either despite his years of training
>During all of this, John Smith walked to the village tavern
>>
>>47426660
(2/2)
>John shot a goblin and his horse trampled it dead, he then got out a complicated device to climb up to the top of the tavern. Pulling out his crossbow he dropped onto his stomach and started taking shots at the rest of the goblins while his horse cantered into the destroyed bar, licking up some of the liquid on the floor.
>Eventually, the goblins start dragging another villager out of her home before lighting it ablaze. She was screaming in fear, partly because of the goblins pulling her hair to drag her away, and partly because some of the wizards’ rays and bolts were whizzing a little too close for comfort
>John switched out an arrow and fired a grappling hook into the shoulder of one goblin, perfectly grabbing the clavicle and hoisted him up, colliding into the second and freeing the woman
>Jack the horse was now drunkenly trotting out of the bar and John decided to take advantage of the moment
>He rolls off the top of the roof, onto the back of his drunk horse, and ties the hooked goblin to the saddle. He orders the horse to gallop as fast as it can into the horde of goblins, crushing of the bastards underneath the charge with the grappled one screaming in agony as the hook begins to fracture his bone from being dragged across the town.
>John flashes back, to his own small village that was raided by a group of slavers, not knowing if his family is even alive or dead. He can save this village from that fate, maybe his family was even here before the raid, he screams:
>”THIS. THIS IS WHAT I AM. THIS IS WHO I AM. COME HELL OR HIGH WATER. IF I DENY IT. I DENY EVERYTHING I’VE EVER DONE. EVERYTHING I’VE EVER FOUGHT FOR!” The goblins immediately fled.
>The session ends, and all of the players are ecstatic about John Smith, thinking of wild class combos, leveling, items, and so forth that could have been used in that encounter. When the last player left, I looked at my DM, and we laughed.

And that’s how a level 1 Commoner saved the day.
>>
File: jtyFg4n.gif (377 KB, 500x381) Image search: [Google]
jtyFg4n.gif
377 KB, 500x381
>>47426660
>>47426686

Glorious.
>>
File: 126546312.gif (688 KB, 500x337) Image search: [Google]
126546312.gif
688 KB, 500x337
>>47426173
>Immediately, everyone knew, in the bar, and IRL. The association was clear, there was no way to get the image out of their heads. I had an insecure bartender describe a vivid picture of deer rape to two minors.
>>
>>47421545
>>47422328
>>47422741
she hot?
>>
>>47415752
The one time I called a nat 20.
>>
>>47428741
>call nat 20 every roll
>everyone loses their shit on the 8,000th roll when it's a 20
>not sure if it's cause i'm actually right for once or cause i called it.
>>
After being treated like shit for a few sessions both in and out of character, I essentially derailed the campaign and made the shitheel couple in the group quit.
>>
>>47428591
Nothing spectacular, a bit too shortstack and a bit too shy for my taste. But she's smart, she's funny, she has a job, she cooks, she cleans, she gives amazing head+swallows, my parents love her and she loves me.
Plus it's not like I am Ryan Gosling, I think I did okay with her.
>>
>>47429833
Honestly you struck out with the cooking and cleaning bit. You'd be surprised how many women swallow or do pretty much whatever you ask in bed but suddenly you ask if they'd help clean up the place or make food as often as you do and you're suddenly a sexist asshat.
>>
>>47415823
>I've played Fighters that were better faces then the parties bard.

I've done this too. It's never not fun to play.
>>
File: awww yeah.gif (728 KB, 245x260) Image search: [Google]
awww yeah.gif
728 KB, 245x260
>>47415752
Foiled a munchkin minmaxer's attempt at PVP dickery, almost entirely by rolling well enough that his unstoppable guaranteed-kill combo couldn't even start, then critting the dumb motherfucker. The GM had us using the Critical Hit Deck and I pulled the Throat Slash result, which dealt 2d6 bleed damage and prevented him from talking or breathing while he was bleeding, which meant that not only could he not cast his precious spells with verbal components, he was also suffocating.

I can't even remember what ridiculous combination of third party garbage he had glued together as a sorry excuse for a character, but it didn't work out well for him and he holds a grudge against me to this day, a solid 4 years later, for killing what he claims was his favourite character.
>>
File: spoonybard-1.gif-c200.gif (5 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
spoonybard-1.gif-c200.gif
5 KB, 200x200
>>47415752
> 1-shot game was pitched as 'assassinate an arch-mage'. The system was still being playtested.
> For starting gear, everyone rolled on a 'random scrolls' table for a single free spell scroll. I rolled 'trade souls' - (permanent Magic Jar) - as a Psionic (the rarest magic type) 'scroll'. GM told me it would probably be useless, asked if I wanted to re-roll. I said it was fine.
> I ask for stories about the Arch-mage from the local townsfolk, hear about how he was all-powerful. Find out that his spells usually involve wild gesticulation but never require spoken words.
> We adventure for a while - mostly, I buff the other PCs and do party-face stuff, like a good Bard. When forced into combat, I show off the Martial Arts skill I got on a lucky 'misc skills' table roll.
> I tell the other PCs - "If I ever say 'Ragnarok', beat the crap out of me." GM and PCs look at me funny, say OK.
> Near the Arch-mage's lair, I create a pair of wicked-looking Cestus (spiked guantlets). They're jury-rigged, so they're really hard to put on or take off and I can't move my hands much. I say 'OK'. GM and PCs look at me funny - I need one of them to feed me dinner.
> We dungeon-crawl through the Arch-mage's tower. Everyone has their moments. We come to the end of the dungeon and there are only 3 challenges left. We pass through a spell-trap that strips everyone of their spells, except me (I make my save), and I'm down to a single spell - Wilt (destroys plants).
>>
>>47430499
>Find out that the second to last encounter is a giant venus-fly-trap. GM begins picking up huge handfulls of dice - I cast wilt. He looks at me, and says, "Wait, you have that spell? Only druids have that spell." Nope, it's on the Bard list too.
>"Fine. You make it to the Arch-mage. He turns, angry, and summons a giant fireball." At this point, we're all completely out of spells, everyone else has already used their magic scrolls, and we're on the other side of a long hall from a blasty-archmage.
> I yell out, "Master! I have come to you seeking to be your disciple! I wish to join you." One movement action forward.
> He yells back, "Come no closer. To prove your loyalty, to me, destroy your companions." They look at me, betrayed and angry. I turn, and brandish my spiky-fists...which are holding a scroll.
> Free action, "I say Ragnarok". Move action, one move towards arch-mage. Actual action, use scroll on Arch-mage.
> 'Swap Soul' is one of the least-used spells, because magic resistence is 10x as effective as normal against it (commoners have a natural 5% resist chance), and if it fails, you die. But magic users lose that - non-casting classes sometimes get bonuses, while mages use spells to get better resistences. The Arch-mage is 80% protected from all Divine and Arcane magic. But...not psionics - verified in advance that the resistence spells aren't available in psionic flavor unless you have psionics.
> Arch-mage makes to throw fireball...from his metal-encased fists. I've already established that he requires complicated hand-gestures to cast. I've already told the other PCs that they should beat me up if I say that thing I just said. And the Arch-mage has absolutely no hand-to-hand skill.
> The all-caster party proceeds to beat the crap out of him in melee.
>>
>>47430515
Amazing, how did the party react?
>>
>>47430621
They were pissed when I started to 'betray' them, then they were all, "Ooh, he has a plan" when I said the 'magic word'. They all rolled attacks against me until I reminded them that talking was a free action, and I still had the rest of my turn.
It was at a 'Con, so it was all people I didn't know, or else they'd have been expecting this kind of thing from me. I played with the GM again a few times after that - he never underestimated what I could pull off with 'crappy loot' again.
>>
File: 1463374983351.png (282 KB, 600x758) Image search: [Google]
1463374983351.png
282 KB, 600x758
>>47429833
>I think I did okay with her
>plays with you
>teams up to bully dm
>shortstack
>shy
>smart
>funny
>works
>cooks
>cleans
>swallows
>I think I did okay with her
no motherfucker you did amazing, marry her asap
>>
File: 1459983009211.jpg (29 KB, 413x359) Image search: [Google]
1459983009211.jpg
29 KB, 413x359
>>47415752
I succeeded in make everyone's character into a yandere.
>>
>>47431306
He'll probably get bored of her because she's not perfect in everyway then years down the road realize how stupid he was.
>>
File: 1458083746637.gif (650 KB, 267x187) Image search: [Google]
1458083746637.gif
650 KB, 267x187
Playing X-Wing at my local league; The game has not gone well tactically and my buddy has been rolling phenomenally. All I have left is a 2-hull Blue-sqdn B-Wing with a Heavy Laser Cannon & Tactician, versus a similarly one-foot-in-the-grave Tie Punisher and an untouched Soontir Fel. I have the choice of targets, the Punisher, which is facing away and at mid range, or Fel who has just killed off a T-70 and is at range-3. I figure fuck it, Blue dies next turn anyway and Fel hasn't even been shot at the entire game. My buddy double-checks me that I really want to shoot the interceptor, it's a waste of a shot and I really should take the MoV points from the Punisher to the next game. He's right, but I take the shot anyway out of spite since I haven't even had the option to shoot him during the game until right then. I get 4 hits so cool, he'll probably take a scratch on my way out The green dice come out, he rolls five blanks. He does not have an evade token, Autothrusters are not enough, Fel dies to the Blueberry. Next turn, the Punisher can't position to either evade the B-Wing or take a shot of it's own and goes down.

Whenever you're feeling good, get ready for the green dice to remind you that you can kindly go fuck yourself.
>>
>>47420240
Grognard pls go
>>
>>47420392
>Oh and you literally can't kill him as he has as many NotHorcruxes as needed.
That's Orochimaru you're thinking of, who got away with everything.
>>
>>47432952
Mayuri gets away with the same stuff, except that he isn't even temporarily pursued as a criminal (except in the backstory)
>>
NTR'd the antagonist at that point in the game.
>>
>>47433014
Funny how two Japanese authors of two very popular action manga both have mad scientists who worked for the state and yet have no real repercussions for their monstrous actions.

>hey Mayuri there's been a Roanoke-like disappearance of spirits from this one slum in the spirit world, what's going on?
>oh yeah there's been a bunch of spirits getting eradicated, upsetting the balance of souls between the human and spirit worlds. But don't worry, I rounded up everyone in that slum and slaughtered them all to reset the scales
>ok cool hey remember that one time you rigged your own subordinates to explode just in case they failed their mission then blew them up anyway when they came back successful? That was rad

>hey Orochimaru are you kidnapping children and forcibly possessing them to keep yourself alive?
>yup
>okay
>let me show you my cloning room
>you mean like shadow clones? I can do those why do you need a whole room for them
>because these clones are real people, with their own individual wants, wills, dreams and desires. I use them as fodder for my genetic experiments
>okay

No one is smugger than either of them.
>>47433080
story please
>>
>>47433118
Orochimaru did at least get wanted.
Except then everyone went full retard and forgave him and sasuke at the end.
>>
>>47433158
Well Sasuke did say he was sorry
>>
Wow, this thread is completely full of assholes.
>>
>>47433158

Technically sauske didn't do nearly as much harm as he intended to. He wanted to destroy the leaf village but ultimately didn't kill anyone from the leaf village except his brother, whom everyone (including him, at the time) thought was a traitor. He tried to kidnap killer B but failed. He wanted to murder the kage but didn't.

He did kill at least one lightning village guy, destroyed the raikage's hand, and killed a bunch of samurai, which alone is worthy of death. But his evil deeds were never legendary supervillain tier like his brother's or orochimaru's, despite his best effort.
>>
>>47433118
>story please

We were having problems with a raider/bandit king and his aggressions. War efforts didn't work nor did more covert actions or negotiations. During negotiations though I challenged the king to a duel in order to keep the bard from getting killed after some diplomacy fuck ups, and as per their culture he couldn't refuse when so many other and important warlords were witness to it. Amazingly and unexpectedly by even the DM I managed to beat the king in a fight but didn't kill him because I thought the goal of the duel was just to settle tensions. Instead they started proclaiming me as the new king, and the queen pretty much immediately ran to and threw herself at my surprised guy, all while the defeated king was right there. The party made my guy accept the role and marry her that same day, and that wedding night she herself went and killed her two sons to get rid of the "weakness" of the old king and ensure my guy and her's children to be would be the heirs (assuming my guy was never defeated as per the culture) and even confronted the defeated former king about it in a really bad way.

At the end of the day the growing coalition of warlords ended up disbanding since my guy wasn't willing to lead them like the former king, and through negotiations with the party were able to appease them to returning to their normal lives/homes. Meanwhile my guy as king of the orcs made peace with the kingdoms effected, and from the main kingdom which we were affiliated with was made a lord and given a fief both as thanks for the crisis averted and also in order to provide an ongoing service with the orcs I ruled over.

I the player felt incredibly smug about it, but my character was just a lucky young guy who got caught up in a whirlwind of events too big for him, and just held on for the ride. He was more honestly surprised than smug, and actually felt really bad for the old king.
>>
>>47433325
Yes, but consider the fact that usually even just leaving your village is a treasonous act that gets you a death sentence.
>>
>>47433118
>hey mayuri
>remember that time you targeted a genetic lineage that used rayshi based abilities cause they interested you?
>yeah?
>well turns out your actions single handedly damn near extincted this family but we got one of the last descendants in town, just thought you'd want to know
>oh boy, a new test subject AND a nostalgia trip? Who cares if its just a 15 year old and technically just a normal human who uses the equivalent of performance enhancing drugs in our universe

>Hey mayuri!
>yeah?
>remember that time you hated yourself so much you split off a chunk of your soul and put it into a doll
>yeah?
>you still sexually/physically abusing it and using it as a long suffering servant?
>yeah?
>Cool. Cool. She's probably gonna die if you don't step in
>thats okay i can make more.
>okay....maybe i should step in then?
>oh no need for that i can just shave more of my soul off, i do it all the time y'know.
>.....i think i gotta go do something....

>hey mayuri
>yeah
>remember that time you tried to invent time travel when we specifically told you not to several times and you unleashed an ancient evil who locked most of us away in a time warp and replaced us with evil super powered clones and we had a highschool kid save us my sheer luck?
>aaaah, good times. Why do you ask?
>well...souls have been popping into our world like a few days late for the past week. Have anything you wanna tell us?
>mmmmm, no?
>okay good enough for me keep up the good work kidnapping souls, erasing their entire being, essentially hollowing them out into shell, then filling them up with crude approximations of a persona that we'll then market as candy to fill fake bodies or knock that one redhead out of his body from time to time. Oh and make sure they're fully self aware at all times even in pill form so they can contemplated the abomination that they are. Thanks, bye!
>>
>>47433484
>hey mayuri!
>yeah?
>remember that time you flooded and entire district of millions of souls full of a poisonous gas that increases the sense of touch a trillionfold? So much so that any touch at all was unimaginable painful? At night? Then went on to have a massive battle that leveled half that district?
>heh hehehe heheHEHEAHAHAHAHAHAH! Awww, yeeeaaah. Why do you ask?
>well we just rebuilt and repopulated it and you went and did that again. Thats like, the 5th time. 8 more and i'm gonna start getting annoyed.
>....what if i keep it down to 3 a year tops?
>>
bumpng for smug
>>
File: 1417381018054.png (143 KB, 651x677) Image search: [Google]
1417381018054.png
143 KB, 651x677
>facing a water gym
>two of the gym leader's pokemon are taken out almost immediately thanks to random criticals
>let out my Gardevoir
>she has maxed out evasion
>GM has to roll 11+ just to hit her on average
>her SDEF is high enough to tank even most super effective hits
>she has Teleport to auto-dodge any attacks she couldn't tank
>She knew Shockwave, Magical Leaf and Future Sight, all of which can't miss
The GM was pretty salty.
>>
Been a party face. As an ogryn.
>Me thinks he not real commissar. Me smash.
>>
>>47433484
Top kek
>>
>>47433398
That's pretty dark and pretty amazing at the same time!
>>
>>47415752
Made a strong character, made a lot of money via extor-, I mean uh hard work. Bought a bunch of strong gear, played backseat unless we got into a fight so everyone basically forgot my character was there until I cleared swathes of enemies. Found a dungeon and progressed through it to find a stupidly overpowered boss for our level, absolutely destroyed it with firebombs, and the magic sword I bought. DM forgot what I was playing when he planned out the dungeon.

This is on par with the time I made a DM blow up an entire city because I refused to be railroaded and I got the party tank/damage to come with me, letting the priest, wizard, and a weak warrior get shit on by the dm's railroaded overpowered enemies while me and beef mclargehuge killed everything that came out way because of traps and strategy, and that's when I got kicked from a game for "metagaming" and then the dm blew up the city to kill my character after kicking me from the game. DESU it was my fault for playing pathfinder.
>>
>>47422902
I'm not familiar with the term +2 LA what game were you playing, and why was your DM gonna be a dick because you wanted to become a lich
>>
>>47436989
>I'm not familiar with the term +2 LA what game were you playing
Level Adjustment; standard D&D thing.
>>
>>47436989
Level Adjustment. Basically, if you wanted to play something like a Blink Dog, in order to make up for the fact that you have racial abilities that are OP for a 1st level character, you just don't get those levels. You'd still have to accrue the EXP for that level, you just don't level until you've paid off your LA. If the creature you wanted to play as had an LA of +2, it means that you;d start taking class levels at level 3.
>>
File: Heresy.jpg (3 MB, 2160x1920) Image search: [Google]
Heresy.jpg
3 MB, 2160x1920
>>47437047
So he was going to give you two levels and take them away immediately. Wtf.
>>
>>47437082
Oh, like an EXP debt.
>>
>>47437094
>So he was going to give you two levels
No. There'd only be losing.

Basically the way it works in D&D is that your XP says how many levels you have; and you can spend those levels in different classes; i.e. fighter 11 level, barbarian 11 level or fighter5+barbarian6.
Some races take away some of your levels, so if that fighter was a drow, he'd be just 10 levels of fighter at the same XP as a human fighter would be 11.

So the GM was going to take away 2 of the guys Wizard levels and turn them into "being a Lich".
The problem the player had is that every Wizard level is a big increase in power and he'd be weakened.
>>
>>47437128
This guy explained it in a way I understood, I've played d&d and adnd2e is one of my favorites of the few I've played but I'd never encountered level adjustments.
>>47437082
>>
When I play my usual Necromancer (Not often in the groups I play with are Paladins) I had this occur.
>>Be Giovanni Black
>>Oracle of Bones from what was basically Egypt
>>Join in saving some Lord's daughter who was kidnapped by bandits or some shit.
>> Head into the dangerous Forest
>> Kill some Wolves, Spiders, nothing worth reanimating
>> Third thing we come across is a pair of Owlbears
>> OHBOI.JPG
>> Help the Party Kill them
>> Help the merchant artificer harvest stuff from one
>> Turn the other into a Skeleton
>> Have it Tank due to Feat Buffs
>> FeelsGoodBrah.jpg
>> Eventually save the gal, grappling the bandits with the undead skeleton make them screaming in fear.
>> Eventually have to travel with the girl (Dad was a dick who called me slave, ended up dying by a curse)
>> Told everyone not to bother with Horses
>> Spent my Reward to Gild the Eago The Owlbear in pure gold for more buffs
>> People are terrified when we come in with a Golden Owlbear Skeleton
>> IT's pulling out Cart
Reduce, Reuse, REANIMATE
>>
>>47437554
>Gild it for more buffs
What? How does that work?
>>
>>47437899
I literally coated it in Gold and used magic to make it lighter and similar to steel. Basically a buff to Armor Class.
Plus...ya know Golden Owlbear dude.
Eventually had to retire the character and turned Eago into a walking Keg Carrier
>>
>>47433325
Just because he was ineffective at being an evil shit doesn't mean he wasn't an evil shit. The attempts and plans are enough to justify punishment.
>>
>>47437928
Why not give the sodding thing armor and enchant that instead? Why use expensive gold?
>>
>>47437082
Which usually leaves you severely underpowered, thanks to exponentially growing payoffs (at least for casters), or delayed feat chains.
>>
>>47438009

Because why not?
>>
>>47438009
WIZURD
>>
>>47438027
In my experience, most LAs work reasonably well at mid-tier levels of play (level 7-13 or so). It falls apart at really low levels and really high levels though everything falls apart at high levels in D&D..
>>
>>47438009
Because he's was retiring to become a Owner of a Brothel. And I thought it was more fitting to give him a Overly Gaudy Minion.

He was a 'good' person. He just did it in very evil ways, the city he joined up with after retirement had a vampire problem which he worked to fix. They didn't care much for the animated Skeletons knocking down there doors with the Church of Anubis behind them.
>>
>>47438008
But if you killed sasuke he wouldn't have had a chance to have a kid who inherited the mothers chakra control and the father's eyes and rare chakra type. That would ruin the Hyuga clan's plan to become supreme rulers of the leaf village. They already got the unlimited chakra source blood line mixed in with theirs now because naruto couldn't keep it in his pants so both kids will eventually have complete omniscience why not complete the eye set by marrying in the the double eye inheritory with insane chakra control? Hiashi's essentially breeding a god loyal to the family and he's succeeding in a single lifetime where all the elders before him failed.
>>
>>47438080
what's With random capitalization?
>>
>>47421035
Nobody.
>>
>>47438211
Maybe he's German, and can't shake the urge to capitalize a bunch of proper nouns
>>
>>47415752
Two moments.
>GMing Anima
Knowing just who the "Mysterious Individuals" - who have convinced the players that there's a way to stop Prince Elf McGenocidetheHumans - actually are.
Hint: One was the "creator" of the Messiah, the other was the one who stabbed him.
>WarmaHordes
In a tourney, watching the dude who came from 40k, and thus went by "faction of the month" rules, leave his Prime Axiom sitting unbuffed in charge range of Rocinante, a Rover, Aiyanna and Holt, and a full squad of Steelhead Riflemen, right before I popped Captain Damiano's feat.
He stayed true to his usual M.O. of "I lost a game, better pack up and head home."
>>
The time I played 40k early on and my opponent managed not to roll a single wound.

It was Space Marines vs Eldar. He tried to use transports to shield his approach, got them all blown up due to some lucky rolls on my part. He tend had to footslog a few dozen marines across the table the rest of the way, and Dark Reapers were eating him every turn. And when his force commander, the only thing still alive, manages to get within charge distance, he manages to die to a swarm of Guardians.

It was such bullshit, he actually never played again.
>>
>>47415752

In a city under siege, where plague is spreading, I (the party's Paladin) sees a lynch mob chasing after a man. He sees me and goes "Please! Please, noble Paladin! They're going to kill me!" and grabs onto my legs.

So I ask - "What's this man's crime?"

They say - "Selling false cures."

I shame the mob by telling them that lynching him is a crime. That is not justice. It lowers them, and a shitty thing to do. I am, personally, appalled.

Then I draw my sword, and I say:

> "The appropriate penalty is the amputation of a hand."

I hack off his hand right there and then, heal the stump, and tell the newly-maimed man to go on his way and to turn over a new leaf.

Good doesn't mean nice. It also horrified the DM and at least one other person at the table. I used the Paladin's code, constantly, to be as big an asshole as possible despite being righteous and upright and noble.
>>
>>47433484
>>47433499
>filler
>>
>>47433325
>it was just attempted murder and treason
>>
File: gold-wedding-bands.jpg (67 KB, 622x400) Image search: [Google]
gold-wedding-bands.jpg
67 KB, 622x400
>>47431306
>>47431374
>>47429933
She's confirmed pregnant, gotta do the right thing.
>>
>>47440219
Well thats just unfortunate...
>>
>>47439959
Nah. All but Cones backstory and the time warp shit happened in like 2 episodes during Mayuri Vs. Uryu and if you count Cones backstory as filler or not that would just leave the time bullshit.
>>
>>47437148

LA, as with many shitty things in tabletop, came from third edition D&D.
>>
File: 1462889260380.jpg (106 KB, 533x800) Image search: [Google]
1462889260380.jpg
106 KB, 533x800
>DM isn't keeping track of the money I've been saving up
>Sick of his game, it's been getting worse and worse every session
>Typical railroady, "Go here! Do this!", GMPC handles everything and knows everything stuff gets particularly bad one session
>We're in a desert city described as having a ton of open manors for sale
>Ask how much they sell for
>DM makes up a number
>I can afford it
>Ask if it's fully furnished
>With a smile, as if he thought I couldn't possibly afford it, the DM says "Yeah! And it has servants too!"
>Tell him I buy it
>DM stammers, asks if I can really afford it
>Show him my sheet
>Buy the house
>Retire

Felt good.
>>
File: 1464124797377.png (75 KB, 267x339) Image search: [Google]
1464124797377.png
75 KB, 267x339
>>47440946
>DM stammers
>>
File: When You Get An Evil Idea.gif (670 KB, 500x256) Image search: [Google]
When You Get An Evil Idea.gif
670 KB, 500x256
>>47415752
Our DM had a story thing set up where one of my party member's father was brainwashed. We go do hero stuff, even if some of us weren't exactly the heroic type (myself included in this)

We rescue the father, get the spell dispelled, everything seemed alright. Not to my character, who wanted to be absolutely sure everything was okay.

Proceed to hit the father on the head with a hammer.

Party freaks out, but turns out that bash on the head got rid of some magical subliminal messages or something.
>>
>>47415752
Managing to land a space shuttle on Earth in Eclipse Phase.

>GM NPC gives us mission on Earth
>muh kill sats
>muh titan war machines
>muh headhunter drones
>gives us three options to go down
>exosuits: walk down the beanstalk to the Kilimanjaro base station, then somehow get to the Himalaya's
Survival chance: High on the way down, poor when arrived because that base station was one of the worst combat zones during the Fall
>darkcast: hidden Firewall station in mainland China, then try to find transportation to get to the Himalaya's
Survival chance: High to get there, poor once we are there, because only Splicers and basic bitch gear, no transport
>asteroid: strap mechs to the back of a 'roid that's flung at Earth via mass driver and hop off in time to avoid becoming one with the crater
Survival chance: HAHA GET FUCKED YOU GON DIE NIGGAH

We said: Fuck the mechs, we're strapping a shuttle to the 'roid, and then we strap in and pilot guy (that's me) is gonna try and detach from the hurled rock with enough time to brake the impact speed but also, low enough to avoid killsat detection.

GM said: You sure about this?

We said: You're offering us a fiery ride down to Earth, and you are telling us it's nigh impossible. From what we learnt this campaign, we fuck up every single mundane or simple/safe roll, either individually or as a group, and we only excel and ace shit when it's do or die.

And so it happened. I blew through 6 Moxie in under 1 hour of playtime, the entire team but me passed out from the strain of plowing into Earth's atmosphere while doing trickjumps to avoid tungsten rods fired by killsats we couldn't see. The only reason I kept awake was a High-G tolerance mod and combat drugs I had pumped into my morph. In the end, I made every roll by a cunt hair, got critical successes on "otherwise impossible" rolls, such as blindguessing the trajectory of the rods coming up somewhere behind us while trying to keep the straining craft on course. Aced it.
>>
>>47415752
D&D 3.5, with a bunch of house rules regarding balance and bullshit.
We were playing a campaign we've played for a good 7 or 8 years now. Our group is all level 44+, pretty damn attached to our charcters. My level 29 rouge got fucking flame blasted to the nine hells a while back, and the DM + Group let me roll a LN Gloom PC with rouge levels(which was a bitch to RP, seeing as I had to work with our DM to make up most of the lore behind them, ELH doesn't say much about them. They are also completely silent, which doesn't make it easier).

Skip to modern day. Our group had just finished wiping out a demiplane on which Lolth's forces had been fighting a contingent of local dwarf forces and a group of angels and servants of my DM's homebrew deity of Justice and Law. We had ended up destroying the majority of the drow forces, but ended up killing a few angels in the crossfire. a servant of the deity comes down and tries to arrest us or some shit, saying we were gonna face judgement or some shit in front of his god. My character is about 1/4th HP and doesn't do too well in straight up fights anyway, so seeing a nice plan, I surrender immediately and let the angels minions bind me up and secure me while my beaten and weathered party gets the shit kicked out of them by this angel and his accompaniment. I spend the next 15 turns struggling out of my binds, silently killing the guards watching over me, and then roll to back stab the fuck out of the angel. Roll a nat20, deal him 150+ damage, taking care of the rest of his HP and killing him instantly.
>>
File: spicy.png (718 KB, 838x911) Image search: [Google]
spicy.png
718 KB, 838x911
>>47415752
I curbstomped the arc's boss in his smug face and then ground it into the cobblestones. Felt amazing.

He then turned into fire and ripped us a new one, but that wasn't my fault and I still dealt the most damage out of anyone else in that fight.
>>
>>47415752
It's a bit hard to explain, I don't think I to this day understand what happened that session...

>Friend wants to GM a Naruto game.
>No one else in our group have never touched anything Naruto related.
>Party meets a guy that can change peoples memories by looking at them.
>He tried to fuck us over, so we killed him.
>My character and this asshole is in the same family somehow.
>Apprerently we're in a clan that steals each others eyes for shits and power.
>GM tells me that with these eyes I can change peoples memories, just like he could.

Fast forward.

>GM decides to throw a Terrorist Leader at us.
>Actually, it was 5 of him and they all looked the same.
>"GM, I want to use that Mind Edit-ability and make this guy my best friend since childhood."
>GM goes full smug and tells me that "it doesn't work, for this man is actually just a controlled puppet."
>"Wait, then how does he see me? Is he around? Can I sense him?" I ask.
>GM get's even more smug when he states that: "The controller doesn't have to be close to his puppets, for he can see through their eyes and control them with chakra."
>"But doesn't that mean I hypnotize that guy, then?"

>GM get's quiet, he bashes his keyboard once and asks for a 5 minutes break.
>"Bro, what happened?" My friend asked.
>"I think I just became Terrorist-sans' best friend."
>We found the guy and we switched eyes, I am now god and can throw moons at people, I can also die three times a day and resurrect people whenever I want.

>GM had intended for this battle to be a TPK encounter, an encounter we'd have to run away from.

This was 2 years ago and since then my GM has indoctrinated me with 700+ Episodes of Naruto.
[spoilers]The anime is fucking trash, but the campain was fun.[/spoiler]
>>
>>47415752
I was playing a Scorpion-clan shinobi in L5R. I was given the assignment to assassinate a local daimyo, so I decided to disguise myself as said daimyo. The character was built to be a master of disguise, so when he got caught while in disguise in the same room as the daimyo, the daimyo's loyal guards thought the shinobi was the real deal and the daimyo was a ninja infiltrator, then stabbed him to death.

When they got done and turned around to see if their lord was okay, my shinobi had already disappeared and they realized they'd fucked up.
>>
File: 1447573736607.gif (2 MB, 659x609) Image search: [Google]
1447573736607.gif
2 MB, 659x609
>>47436989
The other question has been answered, so...

>why was your DM gonna be a dick because you wanted to become a lich

Well, he's an ex-DM now. And an ex-player.
The guy was just kind of a dick in general.
The sort of DM who sends homebrew oozes at the level five players that are immune to bludgeon, deal 1d8d8 damage That's not a typo, he rolled a d8 to determine how many d8s of damage they deal, and handed out 30 +1 maces as "balanced loot" for our level. In the middle of an apocalyptic invasion, where we could not sell them.
We ended up using them to bar doors.

So, yeah. Actually achieving Lichdom under that bullshit.

S M U G

A S

F U C K
>>
>>47415752
When I talked myself out of trouble when the nWoD group I was in failed in their primary mission.

I blamed everyone else, the GM was pissed off at me OOC because of it (later I asked why, he said it was because he couldn't blame my character), then got another character to call mine Sir without provocation or need.
>>
>Playing a Rogue/Sorcerer.
>Get captured by BBEG, prompting a rescue mission.
>Manage to break out before the other PCs arrive.
>Set off a secret zombie trap set by BBEG's Necromancer lieutenant.
>Fight them off, manage to drag human guards into it.
>Through a successful bluff check, convince them that the zombies are part of the Necromancer's plot to seize power.
>"We have to work together if we're going to get out of this alive."
>When the party arrives, half the castle guards are fighting the other half, BBEG's personal knights are trying in vain to restore order, and one tower has collapsed after I set off the store of gunpowder.
>Party finds my character looting the Necromancer's laboratory, having gone in there to rescue her familiar.

Felt pretty good.
>>
File: image.jpg (23 KB, 343x343) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23 KB, 343x343
>while sneaking around disguised get interrogated by a dockworker
>my in-character lie is so good that the GM had no response
>tells me to roll to try to snap a stalemate from the jaws of defeat
>20
>>
>>47447502
Not to be mean but the guy seems like a enormous cock goblin.
But props to you for shitting on him.
>>
In my time playing yugioh.

>playing some scrub at an lgs out of town
>he summons Acid Golem and attacks directly into my Galaxy Eyes Photon Dragon
>ask him of he's sure, if he wants to read my card
>trying to keep a straight face
>he blows me off, acts like he knows what he's doing
>Galaxy Eyes effect triggers
>after he realizes what he's done, ragequits and storms off in a huff
>had to bury my face in my hands to keep from laughing

Good times
>>
>>47415823
>I'm a min-maxer.
>>
>>47416325
You sound like a shitty DM, tbqh
>>
>>47449357
For the non YGO players, what is its effect?
>>
>>47452087
It's a little tricky to explain.

Acid Golem is an xyz monster, which use "materials" as a resource for its effects. Golem has two materials, and has to expend one at the beginning of each turn, or it deals heavy damage to its controller. With 3000 atk and being only rank 3, it's easy to summon, short-term firepower.

Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon is specialized to fuck with xyz monsters. Whenever it battles one, it can negate the attack and strip the monster of its materials, and then increase its own attack for each material it took off.

Basically the guy with Acid Golem made the worst possible tactical decision even by summoning it, all because he thought he knew what Galaxy-Eyes did.
>>
I don't remember a time I've ever been smug in a tabletop.

Frustrated that people didn't listen to my advice or warnings, who then acted surprised when things went exactly how I'd said they were, and then refused to listen the next time I gave my two cents on what was going on? Yes. This happens a lot both on and off the table. But never smug. Nothing fun about seeing things go to shit, "told you so" faggotry or no.
>>
Played my first proper game of Warhammer Fantasy after months of slowly putting an army together and reading up on cool strategies I could use, had Wood Elves, it was like a 1000 point game since I didn't really have much stuff yet, and I had 2 blocks of archers hiding in poison woods, so they were stupidly shooty.
Opponent was super competitive arrogant player who was expecting an easy win.
First turn of the game, all 40 of my Glade Guard fire, every shot hits and wounds, both units hit, fail morale and run, pretty much the same for the next three turns, there was never even any charges, guy never got close enough to try.
Played maybe a dozen games since then, none anywhere near that good.
Thread replies: 145
Thread images: 32

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.