[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Shinobi Quest #4
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 38
File: naruto_konoha_symbol-t2.jpg (26 KB, 510x330) Image search: [Google]
naruto_konoha_symbol-t2.jpg
26 KB, 510x330
Shinobi Quest #4

This quest takes place within the lands of the Five Great Shinobi Nations (aka Narutoverse) starting roughly around the beginning of the original series. The world of this quest remains similar to the original, with slight but notable differences in certain areas, based upon the passage of time from a single slightly altered event.

(It’s a goddamn Naruto Quest, you bastards. Have fun, participate, and write in when you feel inclined. Most of the outcomes of this quest will be determined by you, the players. Critiques and questions are always welcome, as my knowledge of the weeby shit is not all encompassing.)

http://pastebin.com/WiPdCqLH

Previous Threads: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Shinobi%20Quest

Last thread, our character Tsuki Norihime woke bright and early to attend her first day of training under her new sensei. After swiping breakfast, she attended said training, and took part in Ebisu’s version of the bell test, where the team was subjected to an audio genjutsu they hadn’t been prepared for. Being the only member of Team 7 to break the genjutsu unaided, a poorly timed slap awoke some sort of beast within Nori. Everything went according to plan, however, as she was able to time taking a hit in such a way to not only distract Nori, but grab the bells as well.

A very successful day, in which she celebrated by shopping with Hinata.
(Appearance votes were made!)

Now, we move forward in time, to the next day. Having accepted Danzo’s offers for more training, and Ebisu-sensei not asking you to report in, it would be a good time to take him up on that offer…
>>
Oh boy, time for ohohoho
>>
File: download (6).jpg (9 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
download (6).jpg
9 KB, 300x168
“Tsuki-dono! It’s morning! Your breakfast is waiting!” a voice commands, cutting through the morning haze of your mind. Maru, most likely.

“I’ll be down… in a bit, Maru.” you grumble. While you’d been able to sleep in, you felt like a stone buried in the fluff of your mattress. Rubbing your midsection, you wince. While the medical-nin had healed any damage to your body, you were still sore from Nori’s hit. Probably would be for a while, too. Thinking back, you can’t help but thinking how weird that whole situation was- although you suspect you’ll find out what it was all about, eventually.

Rising slowly, you shuffle over to your armoire, and take the time to choose an outfit for the day. Style was important, of course, but you knew you’d be training today, and you suspected Danzo’s training wouldn’t be any easier than taking another one of that barbaric girl’s punches.

After dressing, you do a few stretches. Finally, you do your hair, spending the time to organize your teal locks into the signature drill curls you preferred. Looking at yourself in the mirror, seeing the amber eyes you share with your father, you smile. A statuesque picture of perfection!

You decide to….

1. Take your time with breakfast. You owe Maru after yesterday’s hit and run.
2. Opt for a quick breakfast. Don’t want to keep the old man waiting too long!
3. Skip breakfast entirely- you aren’t hungry. Training is paramount!
>>
>>47415262
>2. Opt for a quick breakfast. Don’t want to keep the old man waiting too long!
>>
>>47415244
Hells yeah. Time for non-academy level jutsu!
>>
>>47415262
Don't take too long, but we do need something in us if we're going to be training hard.
>>
>>47415262
>1.
Got to celebrate! Plus, it's got to be a good breakfast anyways. That, and it's no use going out on an empty stomach.
>>
>>47415262
>>
>>47415262
1. Take your time with breakfast. You owe Maru after yesterday’s hit and run.

> I'm drunk at work. Let's go!
>>
>>47415262
>1. Take your time with breakfast. You owe Maru after yesterday’s hit and run.
>>
>>47415262
>1. Take your time with breakfast. You owe Maru after yesterday’s hit and run.
>>
>>47415262
>1.
>>
>>47415262
>>
>>47415262

Keep practicing our ninja skills by stealing muffins.
>>
Sounds like it's breakfast time!

Writing.
>>
So what do you guys think Danzo is going to teach us? I'm hoping for the Body Flicker Technique and we just master that to the pint an enemy doesn't know where we are.
>>
>>47415680
Flower arrangement
>>
You decide not to tempt fate any further than you have already within the last 24 hours. Danzo of all people knows how Maru can be- you’d be surprised if his old bones were able to dodge her wrath, either.

Wasting no time, you leave your room and head to the foyer, then down the main staircase, heading towards the dining area. You can smell it- she’s probably outdone herself. Again.

Once in the dining area, you walk past the long table where formal suppers and luncheons are held. As usual, it’s deep mahogany surface has been shined to perfection- it could double as a mirror. No need for the formal area this morning, though. You continue onward, to the small veranda just outside.

As you exit, the cool morning wind brushes against your face. Beautiful, as always. The Land of Fire’s weather is always so pleasant, especially in the spring. You sigh, out of nothing more than a small sense of contentedness.

Set before you, on a small glass-topped table, is your breakfast. It’s surprisingly moderate, considering the chef. Maru smiles at you, from across the table. You sit.

“Ah, the young madam has risen from her slumber. Did you sleep well?” Maru holds the smile- if she recognized your previous theft, no hint of it was on her face.

“Yes I did, Maru. Thank you for asking.” Your response is immediate- although you could’ve had the worst sleep of your life, and you would’ve said the same.

You share some some minor conversation, discussing the weather, your father, and his plans for the day. Again, it seems Maru is intent on dragging him outside of his office- you wish her luck.

As she laughs in response, you take a sip of your tea- you’ve given it a few minutes to cool. It’s….

1. Bitter, as tea should be.
2. Sweet, just like you like it.
>>
>>47415680
I'm down for anything. Preferably anything that allows us to go Ohohoho~! better.
>>
>>47415692
>2. Sweet, just like you like it.

sweet tooth
>>
>>47415692
>1. Bitter, as tea should be.
Our body is a temple.
>>
>>47415692
>2. Sweet, just the way you like it.
>>
>>47415692
>>
>>47415692
>>
>>47415692
>2.
>>
>>47415692
>>2. Sweet, just like you like it.
>>
>>47415692
Bitter like my soul
>>
Sweet tooth is it~
Writing.
>>
File: tumblr_nl4vlc18ul1t2rr2bo1_1280.png (582 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nl4vlc18ul1t2rr2bo1_1280.png
582 KB, 1280x720
You take a sip- flavorful. A bit of milk, with hints of cherries and chocolate.

And very, very sweet.

You know bitter teas are better for you, and would go farther to waking you up, but you cannot help it. It’s your favorite, and she’s made this tea for you since you were just a small girl. After taking another sip, you set the cup down gently. She’d scold you if you finished your tea before eating your breakfast- even though her tea is probably the best part of the meal.

Keeping idle conversation, you take a leisurely look around the manor grounds. The lands keepers and servants go about their business, many of them greeting you respectfully as they catch your gaze.

Eventually, a lull in the conversation forms as Maru begins to eat her meal- spartan, by comparison to yours. You could probably take this time to ask her something, as you eat.

1. Ask Maru a question (What?)
2. Don’t. Focus on finishing breakfast.
>>
>>47415874
>2. Don’t. Focus on finishing breakfast.
>>
>>47415874
>1. do you think father still misses my mother? Is that why he spends so much time at work? Why he has never remarried?
>>
>>47415874
Hmmm... Not sure what we should ask her, so for now I'll say 2, if only because I can't think up a good question to ask.
>>
>>47415874
>>
>>47415925
Nevermind, going to support >>47415922 this, because I like it a lot.
>>
>>47415922
I like it. Supporting.
>>
>>47415874
>>
>>47415922
To go along with that.

"Even for political reasons? Surely there are windows with status in the uchiha or hyugga
>>
>>47415922
Gotta go with this one boss.
>>
Time to get sentimental.

Writing.
>>
File: cinderella-girls-1-11.jpg (41 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
cinderella-girls-1-11.jpg
41 KB, 1280x720
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afKAk-UnSpA

Might as well ask. You’ve been wondering about it, of late, and you doubt he’d give you a real answer.

“Maru? Mind if I ask you something?”

You hear your own voice- it sounds small, unsure. This won’t do at all. The Norihime must be strong.

“Of course, mistress, speak your mind” she answers; her voice soft, to match you own.

“Does Father still mourn for Mother? Is that why he buries himself in his work? Why he’s never bothered to marry again, even for political reasons?”

Her eyes soften, and she turns her gaze downward.

“Master Yoru… he does grieve for your mother. Every night, I’d wager. You know that your father is a passionate man- he puts his entire being into everything he does. This included his love for your mother. When your mother passed to bring you into this world, Tsuki-dono, I suspect this love passed on to you.”

She reaches forward, and places her hand on yours.

“I know your father can seem distant, but he does everything for you. All of this, his work- it’s all for you. If he didn’t have you, I don’t think he’d be able to keep himself going.”

You don’t know what to say- your Father has always seemed so bright, with the joy he brought to you and all those around him…

“As for remarrying, it was out of the question. The prestigious shinobi families have no need for a rich merchant, and such a marriage would have been a loveless, dismal affair. It is for the best that those petty hangers on have long stopped coming- for years they would come, offering your father the world. They would always leave, taking offense to your father’s indifference.”

You had no idea. In your oldest memories, you do remember visitors, herds of men and women coming to visit your father. The manor was new, then. Emptier, in a way, before most of the serving staff had come. Maru and Danzo had shielded you from much of this, you suspect.
>>
“Thank you, Maru. I doubt Father would be so honest with me.” you reply, doing your best to give her a smile.

She sighs, quietly.

“You’re growing up, Tsuki-dono. Your Father will come to realize this shortly, I suspect.”

This conversation has given you some more information about you parents- although to know more you’d probably need to ask Danzo, or your Father directly.

You…

1. Finish up eating and move along. Dwelling on this negative topic will put you in a foul mood.”
2. Spend a little more time with Maru, to clear your head.
>>
>>47416314
>1. Finish up eating and move along. Dwelling on this negative topic will put you in a foul mood.”
Time to move on!
>>
>>47416314
>1. Finish up eating and move along. Dwelling on this negative topic will put you in a foul mood.”
>>
>>47416314
>>1. Finish up eating and move along. Dwelling on this negative topic will put you in a foul mood.”
Don't dig too deep too soon. Slow and steady on the lore bits.
>>
>>47416314
>2.
Character. Development.
>>
>>47416314

There is no time to Ohohoho~! here. We must move on to activities where Ohohoho~!-ing is appropriate.
>>
>>47416314

It's time to learn powerful jutsu and questionable ethics.
>>
>>47416314
>>
>>47416314

Time for a training montage
>>
>>47416314
>>
>>47416314
>>
Sounds like it's time to move on.

Writing.
>>
The silence isn’t uncomfortable, per se, although you do feel like something has passed between the two of you.

After finishing your tea, you thank Maru for the meal, and her continued service to your family.

She just laughs, and smiles at you. “Ever the polite young woman. Seems I taught you well.”

You shudder internally. Thoughts of etiquette training had long since left you nightmares, but it wouldn’t be good to forget them entirely.

After bidding farewell to Maru, you head back inside. A passing servant tells you that Danzo awaits you below, near his quarters.

Why does he sleep underground, anyway? He’s an odd old man.

You walk steadily to the far end of the manor, and then follow the stairs downward. Eventually, you pass the wine storage cellar, and come to the end of the passageway. A simple door of iron, unmarked, leads to Danzo’s quarters.

You knock.

(cont.)
>>
File: 4227420-danzo.jpg (89 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
4227420-danzo.jpg
89 KB, 1280x720
“Come in, Tsuki-dono. I’ve been waiting. Did you eat a filling meal?” Danzo’s voice greets you from the other side.

You enter, and respond. “Yes, Maru’s breakfasts are as good as ever.”

Danzo’s quarters are plain, with no ornamentation beyond the symbol of Konoha, painted on the far wall.

“Good. I hope you’ve taken in the fresh air- we’re going to be inside for most of the rest of today.” his voice doesn’t seem to belie his intent.

You question this immediately. “Inside?”

“Yes, inside. Further below, in fact.” he says without a hint of humor in his voice.

You’re puzzled. As you ponder what he means, Danzo walks over to the Konoha symbol, and presses inward, gently. A false wall gives way, leading into a small hallway. At the far end, what looks to be an elevator awaits.

He instructs you to follow him, and you do. He opens the iron shutter on the elevator, and closes it behind the two of you. From his robe, he produces a small key, which he inserts into a console near the front of the elevator.

The contraption lurches, and then descends, slowly.

In the near darkness of the elevator shaft, Danzo poses you a query.

“Tell me, Tsuki-dono. Have you ever heard of ROOT?”

You respond....

1. No, I haven't. What is that?
2. The name is familiar... although I cannot really place it.
>>
>>47416689
>2. The name is familiar... although I cannot really place it.
>>
>>47416689
>No, I haven't. What is that?
Ohboyohboyohboyohboy!
>>
>>47416689
Oh god damnit! Still the same Danzo.
>>
>>47416689
>1. No, I haven't. What is that?
>>
>>47416689
I honestly haven't, I didn't keep up with naruto past the chunin exams in the manga
>>
>>47416689
>>
>>47416689

Welp, time to stop lurking and time to start voting.
>>
>>47416726
Imagine the society in Hot Fuzz and that's pretty close
>>
>>47416689
>>
>>47416689
>1.
I highly doubt we'd know about ROOT.
>>
>>47416689
>>
>>47416751
I could see Danzo having said something small about it once or twice
>>
>>47416743
Funny. But yeah apply ninjas and horrific warmongering, child stealing and murder and that's not too far off.

>>
>>47416689
>>
>>47416689

We are a smart girl with her ear to the ground
>>
>>47416689
>>
"What's ROOT, Onii-chan?"

Writing.
>>
>>47416743
>>47416765
That's... terrifying... Bet they have all sorts of "interesting" jutsu though.
>>
>>47416930
all I've seen from those losers is drawings become living constructs no jutsu from a pale kid that liked to talk about dicks
>>
>>47416930
We don't see much of the actual organization itself. Just it's effects on some key characters
>>
>>47416967
>>47416951
so... free reign to come up with whatever crazy vaguely sinister jutsu wargle wants?
>>
>>47416726
To give a little more context than >>47416765 my amusement, ROOT is kinda like AnBu is to the Shinobi Corps.
Where AnBu deal with the most sensitive of intel, unsavoury missions and spec ops ROOT is all of the black ops. Things that could never see the light of day lest they ruin the Leaf's image forever.
Literally the roots down in the dark, never seen, but always keeping the rest of the tree up.
It was set up by Ol Danzo and Hiruzen back when he was still new to his position and needed an extra off the books force to do dirty work. In canon he much later declared them disbanded but Danzo he basically lost it by that point and kept going anyway.
He used some pretty extreme methods, read: raising a pair of children then forcing them to fight to the death/placing seals on his agents to prevent them from speaking, to ensure absolute loyalty and unthinking obedience.
He used said agents to infiltrate all sorts of places and kill lots of people to further his own goals, read: ensure Konoha's military dominance.
In essence in his own mind the difference between himself and his goals and those of the village got blurred along the way.

Who knows how much of that holds true here though? Wargle Lots of things are different in our timeline.
>>
>>47416951
Wanna know another ROOT agent?
Kabuto
>>
>>47417053
Like how Nori probably got Yang Kurama, while Naruto probably got Yin.
>>
>>47417053
Ah... that's interesting then, a lot of potential there if were careful...
>>
>>47417084
SPOILERS
But yes.
>>
>>47417068
Hey, Kabuto is great

Personal best boy
>>
File: Emperor-Chan.jpg (98 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
Emperor-Chan.jpg
98 KB, 720x480
>>47417110
Stomach Snake disagrees
>>
>>47417110
Kabuto was probably my least liked character in the entire series. He's a little creepy, honestly. They wrote him really well. In the anime, anyway, haven't gotten that far in the manga.
>>
File: Danzo_talking_to_Root_members.png (453 KB, 1000x563) Image search: [Google]
Danzo_talking_to_Root_members.png
453 KB, 1000x563
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhm9BH3Kd9A

“No, I can’t say I have. What’s ROOT?”

“ROOT was a group of elite shinobi who served the greater whole of Konoha. Officially, it was part of ANBU, kept secret from the outside world. Those unseen, who would protect the great tree of Konoha from the depths of the earth itself.” he explains.

No surprise you hadn’t heard of it, then.

“Were you part of this group, Danzo?”

He certainly knew enough about it.

“I was its leader.” he answers, and lets the silence hold.
“What happened, then?” you cannot help but question it. You’d always wondered what exactly Danzo used to do.

“Enemies of the Leaf poisoned the ear of our Lord Fourth. He deemed ROOT without purpose, after the end of the war, and on some trumped up accusations, ordered it dismantled. Broken apart, integrated into ANBU as a whole. I retired shortly after. Your father was a friend, and with his growing fortune, he offered me a place to stay, and honorable retirement. Away from those who no longer valued what I had to offer.” he continues, with just a hint of sadness in his voice.

“So we are going to….?” you inquire, although you think you know the answer.

“The old ROOT facility, yes. Your father has kept it clean and running for me, as a favor.”

This is a lot to ponder. Seems that the political situation within Konoha wasn’t as stable as it appeared.

You…

1. Ask Danzo about ROOT (What?)
2. Stay silent, and let him reveal what he wishes.
3. Try to change the topic.
>>
>>47417235
>1. Ask Danzo about ROOT (What?)

what were those trumped up charges?
>>
File: Pls no bully.png (283 KB, 542x462) Image search: [Google]
Pls no bully.png
283 KB, 542x462
>>47417131
>>47417187
>tfw no one likes your husbando
>>
>>47417235
How did you meet my Dad? Was it for something for ROOT?
>>
>>47417235
>2. Stay silent, and let him reveal what he wishes.
>>
>>47417187
He always struck me as a true remorseless sociopath. no respect for the dead. Sees everything from a pure utilitarian lens, that all people are merely a means to an end. That end always being power, but more importantly knowledge. Very creepy, but oddly interesting.
>>
>>47417235
>>
>>47417235
"Enemies of the Leaf? Like, other villages?"
>>
>>47417235
> Let him reveal what he wishes.

Top secret ROOT techniques when
>>
>>47417235
>>
>>47417235
>>
>>47417235
This is a big part of Danzo's life's work. Gotta let him go at his own pace and get comfortable before we push for some more answers. Still once he's ready, we gotta try and get EVERYTHING. heheheheheh

>>47417187
A little? Hue.
Kabuto is a tragic figure no doubt, but not a sympathetic one.

>>47417280
Indeed. Poor bastard is beyond broken in the head.
>>
File: wpNFGbMM1Uk.jpg (73 KB, 453x604) Image search: [Google]
wpNFGbMM1Uk.jpg
73 KB, 453x604
>>47417235
That theme and Sai's theme are pretty good
If we get to keep hearing those if we join ROOT then I don't see why anyone would be opposed at all
>>
>>47417372
Yeah ROOT fucked him up good.
>>
Letting Danzo ramble.

Writing.
>>
>>47417372
Kabuto. Interesting fellow.

[Spoiler]Though it was kinda dumb how they made him "good" in the end of the series[/spoiler]
>>
>>47417372
I want to save Kabuto and protect his broken smile
>>
>>47417424
Frick. My bad guys.
>>
>>47417444
ctrl+s is your friend
>>
>>47417424
Gotta have that in lower case there.

But yes as much as I love the world and some of the characters nothing fucked things up for than Kishimoto himself. Too busy trying to shonen it up and writing himself into corners and plot holes to actually flesh out the world. Ah well, s'what fan projects like this are for, right?
>>
>>47417425
>>47417394
Kabuto's is bretty good too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ols0_CZ0NU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enD0LhHJ8Gw
>>
>>47417482
for ugh.
MORE THAN
blurgh.
Off to work now, make sure to OHOHOH it up bois
>>
File: danzo the manzo.png (59 KB, 534x300) Image search: [Google]
danzo the manzo.png
59 KB, 534x300
"My story begins in nineteen-dickety-two. We had to say dickety because the Raikage had stolen our word twenty. I chased that rascal to get it back, but gave up after dickety-six miles. What are you cackling at, Tsuki? Too much blueberry muffins, that's your problem! Now, I'd like to digress from my prepared remarks to discuss how I invented the terlet..."
>>
>>47417280
>Sees everything from a pure utilitarian lens, that all people are merely a means to an end
with his ninja info cards.
>>
>>47417482
Ah, gotcha. thanks, m8. New guy here.

I love the world of Naruto a ton, no doubt. But near the end it got a little too DBZ. Kinda cool, but it just got to be too much for me. Kabuto's about face was one of the things that just didn't make darn sense.

Though, I am excited for the Boruto manga, so we'll see how the world expands.
>>
>>47417532
>excited for the Boruto manga
I'm sorry, anon
>>
>>47417532
>Boruto manga
OHOHOHO~
>>
>>47417235
>>
>>47417532
>Was basically mindraped into being a good guy by Itachi
>"Why is he a good guy now?"
>>
File: Root_chambers.png (872 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Root_chambers.png
872 KB, 1280x720
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wT3FK898yMk

“Probably a lot for you to take in, Tsuki-dono. I would understand if you’re confused.”

Confused isn’t what you’d call it.

“Not confused Danzo, just curious. Please, go on.”

You can see him turn his head towards you, just slightly. He chuckles.

“Your father was always interested, too.”

You quirk an eyebrow at this, but don’t say anything further.

“I’ll be the first to admit we did some things that others may have found… unscrupulous. But it was war. We did what we needed to do to protect the Leaf. To protect men and women like your parents. I am proud of what we were able to accomplish, and those we were able to save.”

“But I’m rambling like an old man. ROOT is no more. However…”

As he says this, the elevator stops with a jolt. He lifts the shutter again, and the two of you continue to walk. A plain iron door at the end of the hallway comes into view. Using the same key, Danzo unlocks the door, and pulls it open.

Inside is a large facility, crisscrossed with walkways on it’s second level, where you now stand. Danzo hits a button on the wall nearby, and lights above start to flicker to life. You can see a great many things- training equipment, sparring areas, libraries, and so on. You could train an army in here.

“The knowledge we learned, and the skills we perfected, all in the name of Konoha, should not die over simple political squabbling. I would let the next generation decide. Your generation, Tsuki-dono.”

1. Suprised. This is far larger than what you had envisioned.
2. Skeptical. How much is this costing your father?
3. Excited. You are eager for what Danzo wishes to teach you.
>>
>>47417713
>3. Excited. You are eager for what Danzo wishes to teach you.
>>
>>47417713
>1. Suprised. This is far larger than what you had envisioned.
>>
>>47417713
>>
>>47417713
>>
>>47417713
>1. Suprised. This is far larger than what you had envisioned

but

>>
>>47417713
DANZO-SAMA!
>>
>>47417713
>1. Suprised. This is far larger than what you had envisioned
>>
>>47417713
Ack. There was supposed to be a "You feel..." stuck before that vote.
>>
>>47417713

Ninja time!
>>
>>47417713
'But
>2. Skeptical. How much is this costing your father?
However that may be I am
>>
>>47417713
>>
>>47417713
>>
>>47417713
>2. Skeptical. How much is this costing your father?

Excited at the prospect of all this training, but surprised at how much there is. Also a bit worried about her family's finances.
>>
>>47417713
>1
>3
>>
>>47417713
We're gonna get so much cool shit
>>
>>47417713

We're totally going to have an arc where our clan/family betrays the village and we go missing-nin.
>>
Please oh please can we become a ROOT nin, it's something we have not done before in any other quest. Princess of Root
>>
"Can we go to Tsuki's house?! She has the best clubhouse!"
>>
>>47417791
OH GOD!

WE'RE GONNA BE THIS TEAM'S SASUKE!
>>
I wonder what kind of Ninja we are going to become? Ninja Batman? Wealth, secretly trained by an underground Ninja group, bat/Root cave.

I actually want to make Danzo proud
>>
>>47417808
You bastard I damn near woke everyone up laughing at that!
>>
MIXTURE OF EMOTIONS

But pretty positive.
Writing.
>>
>>47417832
I kinda want his summoning scroll, that thing's OP if he teaches us his vacuum jutsu to go with it.
>>
Danzo gonna give us the chakra paper test? I wonder if we will become a more Yin/Yang nin instead... I'm oddly hoping for Water release, it's clean, elegant yet also can come crushing down upon our foes.
>>
>>47417713

WHAT COULD GO WRONG?
>>
>>47417862
Maybe we could go with something really abstract/out there? like an Octopus or a bird or something instead of a mammal?
>>
>>47417933
Combo Genjutsu with an Octopus summon, trantacles coming out the darkness, alien like eyes staring from the black, if we go full root it'd look awesome. Cuthulesque based Jutsu, we'll fuck their minds until they end their own lives.
>>
>>47417933
>abstract
"And that was how I got the Common Cold summoning scroll. Ohohoho~"
>>
File: tumblr_nhuftaZaBY1rwx1gro1_1280.png (192 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nhuftaZaBY1rwx1gro1_1280.png
192 KB, 800x600
>>47417933
Bears
>>
>>47417933
Lions

because nobility and kings of the jungle ect ect
>>
>>47417971
Swan?
>>
File: Baku.jpg (77 KB, 300x665) Image search: [Google]
Baku.jpg
77 KB, 300x665
>>47417862
>>47417933
>>47417964
>>47417971
Baku desu
Who wouldn't want to have a dream eater?

>>47417984
Baku is like Boar/Tapir mixed with Tiger
But get that pleb shit outta here
>>
File: Duck.png (295 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
Duck.png
295 KB, 640x427
>>47417985
Duck.
>>
>>47417995
so long as it's not Danzo's exact one im game
>>
Bunnies

like the Jap story about the bunnies on the moon
>>
File: 1024px-Grootslang.jpg (54 KB, 1024x751) Image search: [Google]
1024px-Grootslang.jpg
54 KB, 1024x751
>>47417995
Grootslang, yo! Elephant/Snake Deity of Evil!
>>
>>47417933
>>47417964
>>47417969
>>47417971
>>47417984
>>47417985
>>47417995
>>47417997
Guys, c'mon, it's 4 threads in and already this?

Baku's sick af though.

>>47418014
Somebody may take offense to that.
>>
>>47418014
Kaguya_laughing.gif
>>
>>47417995
>>47418003
Baku's babby
>tfw when it grows throughout the adventure like Naruto's toads did
>>
File: Danzō_Shimura.png (1 MB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
Danzō_Shimura.png
1 MB, 1440x1080
“This is….. massive. All of this is built into the mountain?” you say, exasperated.

Massive doesn’t cover it. He has to be selling himself short- this nothing short of a military installation. ROOT being part of ANBU…. You think back to what Danzo said in the elevator. ANBU were the best, the literal cream of the shinobi crop. To think they had an even more selective internal organization, and that you now have access to that organization's information and techniques…? Mentally, you’re drooling. Not physically, though. Tact, Tsuki. Don’t let him see how awed we are by this…..

“Built under it, initially.” Danzo answers, breaking you out of your own mind. “As we expanded, we built tunnels leading many places. Most of them have been sealed, although that blasted Uchiha never found all of them.”

He seems rather pleased with himself.

“The elevator is a newer construct. Built when the manor was, at my request. Not that your father required much convincing. There is no safer place in Konoha, than right here. The very heart of our precious village.”

“If you’d like, when I deem you ready, I can make you a copy of the key. However…” Danzo’s voice becomes more stern, certainly more than you ever remember. “Until that time, you are not to come here without me. While I believe you have unlimited potential, even those with that talent must be tempered. Konoha has learned this the hard way many times.”

You…

1. Agree without questions.
2. Agree, but ask about something. (What?)
3. Refuse
>>
>>47417933
...Bats
>>
>>47418039
Sure, why not. What could possibly be in the secret underground research base that could hurt us?
>>
>>47418039
>1. Agree without questions.
>>
>>47418039
>2. Agree, but ask about something. (What?)
When did you actually meet my Father? Was he married to mother then?
>>
>>47418039
When can I show you I'm ready, Lord Danzo?
>>
>>47418039

fair enough. his club house his rules
>>
>>47418014
yes, and it'll wield a massive wooden mochi hammer! (since the legend is that the rabbits are pounding mochi on the moon iirc)
>>
>>47418039
"Was Orochimaru a part of ROOT?" It matches up with what he's told us so far.
>>
>>47418039
>>
File: The_Rabbit_of_Caerbannog.jpg (28 KB, 470x290) Image search: [Google]
The_Rabbit_of_Caerbannog.jpg
28 KB, 470x290
>>47418070
killer rabbit no jutsu
>>
>>47418039

At least until we have a Team 7 slumber party and get into shenanigans running from whatever eldritch horror he's got stashed down here.
>>
>>47418039
1. Agree without questions.
>>
>>47418039

The best damn clubhouse.
>>
>>47418039
Oh boy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vK4gv11PTI8
>>
>>47418039
>>
>>47418066
As an addition would it be possible to bring my teammates here at all?
>>
>>47418014
I actually think this'd fit pretty well with out "moon" thematic. Plus, imagine going Ohohoho~! with a bunny in her lap.

Ojou to the max.
>>
>>47418039
>1. Agree without questions
Operation clubhouse is go!
>>
File: Runagate_CH62.jpg (22 KB, 300x216) Image search: [Google]
Runagate_CH62.jpg
22 KB, 300x216
>>47418090
>>47418070
My niggas
>>
>>47418039

Good ninja follow orders
>>
Is Naruto Kai better than the show?
>>
>>47418110
I dont see it happening any time soon
>>
>>47418118
But how do they breathe? If we reverse summoned ourselves there, how would we breathe?
>>
>>47418039

Good child soldiers don't question orders
>>
>>47418154
They aren't on the moon.

That real estate is taken.
>>
Good little Tsuki, never question uncle Danzo

Writing.
>>
>>47418040
I would like Bats or Cthulu as a summon. That'd be awesome.
>>
>>47418176
Why would we? He's super trustworthy, after all.
>>
File: Moon Wabbit.jpg (251 KB, 747x1068) Image search: [Google]
Moon Wabbit.jpg
251 KB, 747x1068
>>47418154
Youy'll have to ask their boss summon
>>
>>47418193
How about squids? Japs love squid ink on their food
>>
>>47418176
it's gonna hurt when he stabs us in the back
but it'll be a good pain
>>
>>47418212
Holy fuck I've never realized how fucking ninja Octopus, squid and cuttlefish are.
>>
File: kaguya.jpg (502 KB, 1183x1752) Image search: [Google]
kaguya.jpg
502 KB, 1183x1752
>>47418203
>>
>>47418247
mimicry, camouflage (using both environment and colorization), expert hiding, lock opening, ink clouds, those fuckers are the ninjest
>>
>>47418039
>>
File: R8fkzH6.jpg (32 KB, 599x349) Image search: [Google]
R8fkzH6.jpg
32 KB, 599x349
He wouldn’t say that without a reason…. And really, who knows what’s down here.

“Of course. I assume there will be a test?” you answer, dutifully.

“You know me well, Tsuki-dono. Once you have become a chunin, we can talk more about the secrets of this place, and I will test you.” he says, his slight smile returning.

“Until that time, we shall come here together when you wish to utilize the knowledge here. This way I can not only teach you, but can temper you. Help form you into the shinobi you were destined to become.”

You aren’t really sure about that last part. He’s probably just flattering you.

“Come. Follow me down to the main level. Before we begin, we need to know certain things about your natural abilities. For one, knowing the nature of one’s chakra is important. I assume you already know of that which I speak?”

1. Yes, I know what chakra natures are. Please continue.
2. A refresher would be nice.
>>
>>47418247
I'm concerned about us being tied to water if we do that.....Especially if we dont have water release.
>>
>>47418247
Well, yeah with their whole body color/texture reactive camoflauge thing and the fact that they tend to be stealth predators... oh god a humboldt squid as a summon, those things are vicious...
>>
>>47418277
>1. Yes, I know what chakra natures are. Please continue.
awwwwww shit.
>>
>>47418277

do we roll or vote for it?
>>
>>47418277

Always skip the tutorial
>>
>>47418285
Summons can do their own jutsu, so they could conceivably make water when they arrive.
>>
>>47418277
>>
File: 1459236061410.jpg (114 KB, 676x626) Image search: [Google]
1459236061410.jpg
114 KB, 676x626
>>47418277
>>
>>47418277
You have taught me much Danzo
>>
>>47418277
>>1. Yes, I know what chakra natures are. Please continue.
>>
>>47418277
this I remember at least.
>>
File: Squidybits.jpg (79 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
Squidybits.jpg
79 KB, 960x540
>>47418304
Come get some calamari now, bitches.
>>
>>47418277
>>
>>47418277
>>
>>47418319
don't say that to the Cloud Village fuckers, they'll Sunlight Spear your ass from here to I dunno
point is, it'll hurt
pokemon types apply to certain degrees
>>
>>47418267
don't forget excellent eyesight and use of poisons. Blue ringed octopus and pfeffers flamboyant cuttlefish.
>>47418285
Octopus can move out of water. An Octopus was kept in the local science lab, the aquatic biology department can't recall the proper name. The scientists noticed fish going missing in the other tanks so they set up cctv. The octopus was opening the lid of its tank, slithering out crossing the floor and noming on them when no one was there.
>>
So, place your bets, if we're assigned an elemental nature, what would it be?

I'm thinking wind, water, or lightning are all possible types with ice release as a possible kekkai gekkai
>>
>>47418340
Ahhh love that miracle, but yeah we'd have a definite elemental weakness unless... since were using a bow... could we whip up a jutsu that turns an arrow into a lightning rod, pulling lighting chakra attacks away from stuff?
>>
>>47418352
>using bluering octopi to poison the tips of our arrows

my fucking dick is SO HARD, we need it!
>>
>>47418352
http://zapatopi.net/treeoctopus/ Oh i know all about that.
>>
>>47418340
Lightning isn't even Water's superior element, that's Earth
>>
>>47418277
>>
>>47418362

I'm thinking fire.

Character is a bit of a smug ice princess, so it'd be funny if her element was an aggressive one.
>>
>>47418362
An Ohohojou would be good at handling friction
So I think Fire or Lightning
Kekkei genkai are impossible without having the actual blood of that clan
>>
>>47418384
That little bit is the most most frustrating part of chakra natures

It should go Air<Fire<Water<Lightning<Earth<Air
>>
>>47418362
I say water. Favorite element.
>>
>>47418401
Could just be a mutant

But I'm not counting on it
>>
>>47418401
kekkai genkai are mixed releases right? what do you get with fire and lightning, don't think there's a blood line tied to that one yet?
>>
>>47418411
Kishi just followed the ancient Chinese standard, Pokemon doing it another way is what fucked up your thinking, and now you can't look past it
>>
>>47418416
This was WAY better than Chidori or Rasengan
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84kt2R11xCk
>>
File: Naruto nature release.jpg (52 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
Naruto nature release.jpg
52 KB, 400x400
>>47418401
Our mother was a ninja not from the leaf, she might of had a kekkai genkai.
Lightning +fire and lightning+air are the only unknown kekkai genki (although their may be other variations.
>>
File: 408007-untitled_2.png (596 KB, 1575x900) Image search: [Google]
408007-untitled_2.png
596 KB, 1575x900
“Yes, the academy covered the five elemental natures of chakra. Fire, Water, Wind, Earth, and Lightning.” you answer.

“Good to know the academy still covers the basics. The Second would be rolling in his grave if his precious academy had come to naught. Although… he might still be doing that regardless.” he laughs at his own joke.

You don’t get it.

The two of you walk to the center of the main sparring arena, and Danzo shuffles over to one side. Eventually, he produces two pieces of chakra paper from a nearby bookshelf.

He hands one to you, and then holds his up.
“You already have good chakra control, so I’m not particularly concerned about this part.” he starts, holding the paper between you. “Simply channel your chakra into this paper, and it will react a certain way, depending on the type you have. Easy enough. I’ll demonstrate.”

You sense the slightest surge of chakra- and suddenly, the paper in Danzo’s hand has burst into flames. It very quickly crumbles to dust.

The effects are varied, although I’ll be able to tell you what they mean.

You look at the paper in your hand, and begin to concentrate…..
>>
>>47418455
just roll for it
>>
>>47418427
https://youtu.be/gxe6OkGLNyE?t=3m44s
I heard a fan theory that supposedly Sasuke shapes his lightning into various things and then coats those things with Amaterasu
>>
>>47418455
>Water
Pure and swift like us.
>>
>>47418437
It just doesn't make sense because lightning should always beat water
>>
>>47418455
roll for it, more fun and random, maybe roll a D100 and if we get 90-100 we get a kekki genkai
then just roll X D6
>>
>>47418455

Roll for it, please.
>>
>>47418445
lightning and wind are the combination of the Leaf Ninja quest that is concluding right now. It is called impact release, and it is kinda baller.
>>
Rolled 3, 6, 5, 3, 3 = 20 (5d6)

trolling
>>
>>47418445
Anon, that chart sucks.

Unfortunately your release was predetermined- was part of what was chosen during character select.

please no bully
>>
>>47418498
the only other unknown Kekki Genkai is Fire/Lightning. That would be some brutal shit.
>>
>>47418469
The way they interact may make it seem like that, but think of it this way

If you use lightning on a pool of water that your enemy made, yeah, you'll shock him

But if your enemy shoots water at you and you hit that with lightning, now you're just going to get hit with the electrically charged water

So it isn't that one actually defeats the other, even though they interact
>>
>>47418498
I know. But as it is non cannon I didn't mention it.
>>47418505
>Anon, that chart sucks.
agreed yours is better.
>Unfortunately your release was predetermined- was part of what was chosen during character select.
Fine by me.
>>
>>47418505
So what did we get!?
>>
>>47418505
Isn't Lightning x Wind like Swift release or something?
>>
>>47418505
>Unfortunately your release was predetermined- was part of what was chosen during character select.

I'm good with that.
>>
>>47418505
Wouldn't wind + lightning be thunder?
>>
>>47418541
Swift Release is non-canon.

There is no canonical Lightning/Wind Kekkei Genkai release.
>>
Wargle is having some tech issues. Post is coming shortly. Get your panties twisted to your own personal comfort.
>>
>>47418536
At least the "inferior" one uses the superior language.
>>
>>47418541
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMhgAvE4lbg
Not canon
>>
>>47418551
But I'm not wearing my panties!
>>
>>47418573
Lily, pls
>>
>>47418583
??????????
>>
>>47418594
Educated guess. Guessed wrong.
>>
You look at the paper in your hand, and begin to concentrate…..

The paper quickly crumples into a small ball. The ball then erupts into flame. Bright blue flame.

You look up at Danzo- and his grin the widest you’ve ever seen it.

“Lightning and Fire. Very, very good.”

Sorry about that folks, 4chan shit the bed for a moment. More Inc.
>>
>>47418618
Okay that doesn't bode well for our enemies now does it? He is fucking happy as hell!
>>
>>47418618
That's fairly hype. Neato.
>>
>>47418618
>The ball then erupts into flame. Bright blue flame.
>Lightning and Fire

Shinobi Azula? But with some sort of heart and not a cold black void.
>>
>>47418618
>Fire and Lightning

New Kekkai Genkai boyz
>>
>>47418618
Ah, man. Wanted water. Oh, well.
>>
>>47418618
> Lightning and Fire
Locking down 'Chaos Release' as its name!
>>
>>47418638
we can still learn water release.
>>47418640
more like plasma.
>>
>>47418618
You just wanted to finish the chart, didn't you
>>
>>47418644
Plasma is part of lightning you dummy
>>
>>47418618
Lightning and fire

>Sauce intensifies
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 38

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.