[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Warhammer 40k general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 31
File: image.png (1 MB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 1024x768
Actually having a subject and title edition

>Rules databases
https://mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
https://kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>FAQs
http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V7.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>White Dwarves
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD

>Novels (Working link as of 02/02/2016)
https://mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q
>>
First for the emperor's finest
>>
>>47407565
Against FMC? I agree it's not as good. Against regular flyers, S9 AP2 will likely kill any flyer. But I believe the Hydra Platforms are better due to being 25 points cheaper than the SPAA and being able to fit three into one choice. Plenty of dakka.

The Stalker is Heavy 3 (1 less) but has Interceptor. It however, does not ignore Jink/SuperSonic and doesn't block Flat Out (at least how I intrpret the rules)
>>
what i'm saying is That I'd much rather have 3 shots at S8 AP3 for a 105 points than 12 TL S7 AP 4 shots at 150

averaged over 2 turns, 6 shots fired, 3 hit, all wound, no saves vs 24 fired, 8 hit, 5 wound, 2 unsaved
>>
File: latest[2].jpg (427 KB, 1055x933) Image search: [Google]
latest[2].jpg
427 KB, 1055x933
Opinions? Trying to win with chaos and not be too cheesy.
Any ideas on how to fill the remaining 40 points?

Slaves to Darkness [1460]
>Belakor - 350
>5 Chaos Space Marines - 140
(VotLW / 1 Meltaguns / Combi-plas / Rhino + Dozerblade)
>Heldrake - 170
>Heldrake - 170
>Forgefiend - 175
>Forgefiend - 175
>>
>>47407675
if a flyrant moves flat out it can't use its dakka or charge, and if its jinking its only firing snap shots, so i don't really care.
>>
>>47407721
Which gun is that anon?
>>
>>47407780
Hyperios Missile Taratula, in Imperial Armor 2: 2nd edition.
>>
>>47407675
If you don't mind splashing out a few more points, a couple of these could work too. Lots of shots, one AP2 shot per model, can boost their BS to silly levels, and (best of all) if you take a few they get a nice invulnerable save, so will stand up the to S6 dakka the flyrants will be throwing back at you better than hydras.
>>
>>47407802
I have no idea why anybody would want to take the command platform.

Its listed under forgeworld as "space marine air defense missile launcher" i don't know why.
>>
>>47407721
Do remember the rule each one has that gets shot by skyfire: jink. In reality its half the wounds for ap3 weapons.
>>
>>47407811
Is there a Dune Crawler ownly formation?

Thinking about getting a bunch of Sentinels and running an all Walker army.
>>
>>47407802
Ah yeah. I forgot about that. Probably for the best.
>>
>>47407856
like i said, if a flyrants jinking its only making snap shots, so i don't really care.
>>
>>47407911
why, whats wrong with it?
>>
>>47407896
I'm pretty sure there isn't, though the cydonian/ballistari formation is a thing.
>>
>>47407917
Don't forget that as per the FAQ it's now not allowed to vector strike as well if jinking.
>>
>>47407802
I mean, as far as I can tell, the only problem with it is that it takes up a heavy slot, and having to pay the hq+troops tax for another allied/CA detachment if you rely on heavies.
>>
so let's talk proxy sizes. i want to try out Samus' rules and i believe the new bloodthrister should be about the same size. would many have a problem with that? i'd try the same thing for Cor'bax but the GUO is rather puny
>>
>>47407938
Nothing. I said it's probably for the best to take it.
>>
If your aim is to make them jink or die, and you have 300 points burning a hole in your pocket, you could do this:
>Allied detachment - cult mechanics
>Tech-priest dominus with raiment of the technomancer
>3 Kataphon destroyers with heavy grav cannons
>Add tech-priest to kataphon unit
The relic means they fire snap shots at BS2. The heavy grav cannons fire 18 grav shots a turn. That's 6 hits, 4 wounds on a flyrant with a 3+ save, i.e. these fuckers statistically kill an unjinking flyrant every turn. Not cheap, and one hell of a fire magnet, but the other bonus is their guns work against other shit too.
>>
So if a Librarian can generate powers from daemonology does that mean I can summon demons of the warp? Or is it only the Sanctic section they can generate powers from? I think it'd be funny to play against my friend's CSM army and fuck him up with deamons... in the name of the Emperor
>>
fucking skitarii are broken. I don't think I'd want to play a list against them.
>>
Made a list based on what I already own. What do you think?

+ 1998pts Dark Angels Lion's Blade Detachment +
+Battle Demi Company+
Chaplain
9-man Assault Squad [Eviscerator, 2x Flamer]
··Veteran Sergeant [Power Fist]
··Rhino [Extra Armour]

5-man Devastator Squad [4x Heavy Bolter]
··Razorback [TL Lascannon]

5-man Tactical Squad [Meltagun]
··Razorback [Extra Armour, TL Heavy Bolter]

+Battle Demi Company+
Company Master [Lion's Roar, Mace of Redemption]
9-man Assault Squad [Eviscerator, 2x Plasma Pistol, Sergeant w/ Combi-Plasma]
··Drop Pod

5-man Devastator Squad [4x Missile Launcher]
··Razorback [TL Lascannon]

10-man Tactical Squad [Lascannon, Meltagun]
··Drop Pod
10-man Tactical Squad [Lascannon, Meltagun]
··Drop Pod

9-man Tactical Squad [Flamer]
··Drop Pod

+Command+
[Level 2] Librarian [Bolt Pistol, Force Sword]

+Auxillary +
Ravenwing Support Squadron
··Ravenwing Darkshroud [Heavy Bolter]
··Ravenwing Land Speeders
···Ravenwing Land Speeder [Assault Cannon, Heavy Bolter]
···Ravenwing Land Speeder [Multi-Melta]
···Ravenwing Land Speeder [Heavy Bolter]
>>
I mean, how much anti air do you have to take for a flyrant list?

Seems like anything less than 500 points worth is going to end in you getting your ass kicked.
>>
>>47408147
it says in the main rule book that they can only take sanctis powers
>>
>>47408181
To my understanding, it was pointless to put Heavy weapons in Tact Squads.
>>
>>47408242
I don't understand why in the BRB it says every psyker can generate from sanctis and daemonology

>all librarians are sanctis only
>i assume IG psykers are the same
>eldar are the same
>nids obviously cant
>necrons >psykers

who the fuck is left?
>>
>>47408147
Yep, are they're better at summoning daemons than chaos marines too thanks to librarius conclave.
>>
>>47408212
I mean, they are probably going to be swooping every turn, they don't start in reserves like other flyers, they get 12 TL S6 Shots per turn, and fucking everything you throw at them is firing using snapshot or skyfire...

am i missing something here? What seems weird to me is that they aren't even on the top 10.

Maybe if you just ignore them and focus on objectives?

Hell, you don't even NEED five, I'd get my ass handed to me with 3 or more, even 2 would be almost fucking impossible.
>>
>>47408277
Because when 7th came out it was true. Then with the new codex they changed it.
>>
>>47408171
get gud scrub. I play tier3 armies and still always manage to put up a hellova fight even against optimized War Convocation.
>>
>>47408147
Everyone has access to both, unless it says they don't.

Maleific means you get tones of perils though, so you might get to summon a GUO but there's a good chance the summoner will blow up in the process.
>>
>>47408146
And if it's an objective game, at the start of your turn you can just go "Yeah, this objective is a skyfire nexus, fucking deal" Alternatively go Skitarii and take 2 really good and cheap troops and then a Dunecrawler or 2, because they fucking wreck house with Flyrants. Those ignores cover missiles are the most likely to do damage out of the array.
>>
>>47408277
>all librarians are sanctis only
>it says in the main rule book that they can only take sanctis powers
What?
Space marine Librarians can manifest of malefic just fine.
>>
>>47408326
Summoning kills the summoner anyway. If you want to go full cheese you can have a librarius conclave summon daemons, harnessing on a 2+ all game and then have one of the psykers kill himself for a greater daemon when the enemy get close.
>>
>>47408181
Retrofit your dev teams to 10 man squads by taking the drop pod guys down to 5
Give your HB dev team lascannons from the drop pod guys, remove heavy bolters you don't need from devs
Give the rhino having assault marines a drop pod from the tacticals
Razorbacks don't need extra armor, ever
>>
>>47408304
I mean, i guess tau can field riptides with that gizmo that gives them skyfire, so they aren't so bad off, but ordinary space marines don't have a chance without some sort of super cheese forgeworld stuff.
>>
File: BOXES.jpg (64 KB, 539x960) Image search: [Google]
BOXES.jpg
64 KB, 539x960
METAL
BOXES
>>
>>47408321
oh, there are different tiers?

Are flyrant lists banned in the lower tiers?
>>
>>47408171
They are T3/4 across the board with no transports. Also their vehicles whilst punchy are made of glass. But yeah, if your army can't take a beating, you're going to get fucked hard by them. Melee armies are the worst off against them because everything but the Rangers fuck with you. Inquistor with rad grenades in a squad of Vanguard with the Pater Radium mean -2 toughness in CC and if both sides are still alive at the end, you take a toughness test which if failed, means you take D6 wounds, no armour saves. And this counts towards Combat resolution
>>
>>47408326
It specifically says that space marine and imperial psykers can't choose demonolgy. I don't know where you are getting this from.
>>
>>47408375
Psykana division does it better, sacrifice one of the Wyrdvanes a turn for a greater daemon. And even if you fail you just lose a single Wyrdvane at worst.
>>
>>47408404
>in the grim darkness of the future even cargo containers have skulls on them

why?
>>
>>47408404
OUR ENEMIES HIDE IN METAL BAWKSES, THE COWARDS, THE FOOLS!

we should... we should take AWAYYYY their... METAL BAWKSES!
>>
>>47408432
No it doesn't, I don't know where you are getting this from.
>>
>>47408432
Where are YOU getting this from? All Imperials can use both types of Daemonology but perils on all doubles rolls. (Grey Knights ignore this for Santic)
>>
>>47408459
How did he read that line without busting a gut laughing?
>>
>>47408456
>he doesn't put his collective on skulls on everything for good luck and to honor the emperor

get out of here xeno
>>
>>47408456
AND bolters. Can´t waste those on guardsmen,
>>
>>47408456
Stop questioning aesthetic choices in the grimdark of the future, anon. Eat your Skull Cereal.
>>
>>47408518
>Soldier is expected to last 15 hours in the field
>I know, let's give them a powerful weapon which is hard to replicate and will likely shatter his wrists with any semblance of sustained fire
>>
Why don't we put an earth shaker cannon onto a land raider?
>>
>>47408432
>It specifically says that space marine and imperial psykers can't choose demonolgy
Got a page #? I must have missed it.
>>
>>47408560
All the Sargents get access to them, but not lasguns for some reason.
>>
Would an ork list with 15 Kustom mega kannon mek guns, a stompa with a big mek inside with mega force field for 4++ against shooting with minimum grot troops be decent as far as orks go?
>>
>>47408480
oh, my bad. i guess thats only grey knights. that seems kinda stupid though.
>>
Are Blood Angels okay outside of WAAC tournaments?

What are their weaknesses besides not having a decurion?

I really like them a lot, I like the idea behind how they are supposed to play but I get some of depressed when people say they suck. Losing just because your army is underpowered kind of makes me feel hopeless.
>>
>>47408404
literally metal boxes with 2 stormbolters stuck on them.
>>
>>47408560
>Soldier is expected to last 15 hours in the field
I think that was one specific theater, not a general rule.

>>47408563
Because it'd take up all the space for storing marines.
>>
Thanks for your replies!

>>47408259
>To my understanding, it was pointless to put Heavy weapons in Tact Squads.
My thought was to disembark near objectives/soft targets to bolter the hell out of them. Since the Heavy Bolters can fire Overwatch at BS4 if they get charged, I threw them in. Think they'd be better of with Plasma Guns or Flamers?
>>47408381
>Retrofit your dev teams to 10 man squads by taking the drop pod guys down to 5
To give the Devs extra wounds to protect the heavy weapons?
>>
Seriously, though, are there official turnament tiers? are there things banned at local turnaments?
>>
>>47408576
Because they've lasted long enough to warrant it and they can request special stuff. Generic conscripted mooks don't deserve it if they die.

>>47408602
Well, it's a fair assessment of the situation. Not worth it. Especially since Bolters require special skills in maintaining, while a lasgun isn't as difficult and the power pack can be charged by leaving it in the sun rather than needing resupply.
>>
>>47408640
Poor hygiene should be banned in all LGSs.
>>
>>47408593
Grey knights are purity personified so it makes sense. the fact librarians can use maleific only makes it easier to use CSM as normal marines who just fell to chaos.
>>
>>47408629
I like flamers due to the Wall of Death special rule. But if you're using them as objective campers, you might be OK.
>>
>>47408629
Yes, that is exactly why 10 man Dev squads are useful.

>GW store is in my "choose the storefront" captcha
>>
>>47408662
Agreed.

A guy at my shop prided himself on showering every three days, sometimes even longer.

I can understand every 2 depending on your body and your schedule, but jesus, more than that is disgusting.
>>
>>47408404

...They know people are going to proxy those as a 3 Rhino kit, right?
>>
>>47408408
Basically armies goes into one of the 4 tiers. Tier 1 are completely optimized cheesefests, the best/worst this game has. Tier2 are very powerful armies. Tier3 are "normal" and tier4 are bad.
>>
File: 1452107331281.jpg (25 KB, 476x353) Image search: [Google]
1452107331281.jpg
25 KB, 476x353
>there are Marine players who think they can beat Hunter Contingent, War Convocation, Decurion and Wraith spam with some free Razorbacks
>>
>>47408728
That's why it costs $100 anon
>>
File: test conv.jpg (2 MB, 2085x2953) Image search: [Google]
test conv.jpg
2 MB, 2085x2953
>>47408668
>he hasn't seen Brother "NONE PURER"

Also, I got a friend to fix the shitty text on this picture so now it's actually worth saving. Just getting it out there cause Grey Knights are sexy.

>>47408662
My sister quit the hobby when she couldn't stand the smell in her local GW.
>>
>>47408679
where is this rule located?

the fucking main rulebook is a total mess, its not indexed and doesn't even have a table of contents.
>>
>>47408658
Good point. Lasguns are like AKs+ no moving parts.
>>
>>47408629
>Think they'd be better of with Plasma Guns or Flamers?
You're best off with grav cannons and grav guns everywhere
>>
>>47408738
okay, but are the tiers "official" and are there any rules regarding what you can and can't bring, thats my question.
>>
>>47408728
I'd play against it.
>>
>>47408740
When those Free Razorbacks can die and form 4+++ terrain, your non-free stuff can use them as LoS blocking terrain at best and a 4+++ save at worse.

In short, you force shots off other targets and you're not actually required to tell your opponent which Razorback may or may not have units in it.
>>
>>47408456
And guns, don't forget cargo container mounted bolters.
>>
>>47408756
Overwatch, I think. Flamers have a special rule of "Wall of Death" or something which inflicts like 3 automatic hits when a unit charges it. This rule also applies when using a flamer on a open top vehicle.
>>
>>47408740
I haven't changed my list since 5th edition, so outside of grav and centurions which are both outlandish I'm not so sure why Marines are listed as top tier. I still haven't managed to read all the material listing the billions of formations available.
>>
>>47408740
Also grav weapons. Don't forget the grav weapons.

Oh, and combimeltas in a drop pod can solve problems too.
>>
>>47408777
Nah, they arent official none-whatsoever.
>>47408740
You clearly dont know the true strengths of Gladius.
>>
>>47408795
>cover saves
>Tau, Eldar and War Convocation
Nope.
>>
Rate my list /tg/

Baal strike force
HQ
Terminator Librarian (150pts)
ML2, Fury of Baal, Gallians staff

Troops
Tac squad (215 pts)
Flamer, Heavy Flamer, Rhino
Sergeant: power sword and Bolt pistol
Tac Squad (245pts)
Plasma Gun, Heavy Flamer, Rhino
Sergeant: Power fist Combi-flamer

Elites
DC (315pts)
10 man, 2x Power sword 2x Powerfist
8x Bolters Drop pod
DC (170)
2x power sword, Power fist 3x Bolters

Fast Attack
Assault squad(135pts)
2x Meltagun Drop pod
Sergeant: 2x Inferno pistols
Assault squad(135pts)
2x Meltagun Drop pod
Sergeant: 2x Inferno pistols

Heavy Support
Baal predator (135pts)
Flamestorm Cannon, Heavy flamer sponsons

1500/1500
I think its decent and we home ruled that the librarian can use gallians staff since it isnt amongst the list that says only one of these items may be used per character. In non house rules i just give him a force staff.
>>
>>47408740
>He doesn't know how strong a Razorback Phalanx is
Dude, really?

Free 4+++ terrain when they die. Load them with las/plas. Use them as a shieldwall.

Are you dumb?
>>
>>47408862
I question your sarge upgrades. Keep it it a combi gun.
>>
>>47408835
>drop pods against War Convocation and Hunter Contingent

Good thing they won't exist in the shooting phase.

>Decurion caring about getting shot.
>>
>>47408891
>War Convo
>Good without the Flesh Tearers Taxi Service
Nice joke.
>>
>>47408816
arg! god damn it, the version i have the fucking PAGES aren't even numbered!
>>
>>47408871
>you get meaningful cover saves against Hunter Contingent, War Convocation and Eldar

Nope.

>most of Necrons Dakka is AP5.
>>
>>47408854
>LoS blocking save for all infantry size models
>concentrates on cover saves which is the worse result possible

They're free Razorbacks anon. They will kill something and there is enough of them to be a worry. But, continue to concentrate on one part of an argument!
>>
>>47408885
I gave the combi one a powerfist because when i modeled him i didn't realize that power fist were shit-tier on normal sergeants. the power sword/bolt pistol is just for the extra attack on the charge.
>>
>>47408854
>tfw half your guns lower cover by 1 if they cause a wound and are AP3.
Marines were a mistake, robutts are the future.
>>
Which faction can field the fewest amount of models for the troop choice?
>>
>>47408926
Cut it off his arm.
>>
>>47408935
Grey knights with nemesis strike force only need 1 troop choice. So that's five models.
>>
Got a question I'm looking to get answered.

A friend I've played a couple games with has this habit of measuring distances pretty weird. Instead of measuring the distance of movement from tip to tip of the model's base, he measures it 'roughly' center to center. I've brought this up once to try and correct him since the rulebook specifically states measure tip to tip, and he aggressively defended himself saying that it doesn't matter.

Am I in the wrong? Am I being autistic? Or is this a legitimate complaint that I have?
>>
>>47408921

Why wouldn't you get cover saves against Eldar? Their only source of ignores cover is the wave serpent's shield, which is one use only.
>>
>>47408935
GKs can make a primary detachment with 6 models.
>>
>>47408953
Im thinking of it everytime i look at him.
>>
>>47408921
How do you expect to get your War Convo close enough when you have no drop pods anymore?
>>
>>47408935
Cult mechanicus can do 6 models in troops, but they're just pipped by >>47408962.

Space marine bike troops can also fill min troops with 6 models.
>>
File: wall of death.png (125 KB, 1809x855) Image search: [Google]
wall of death.png
125 KB, 1809x855
>>47408920
GW doesn't like numbering pages when they can have stupid fucking smudges pretending to be 'art' in the corner instead.

Found it for you.
>>
>>47408640
Every tournament has its own rules for list construction and missions. Mostly it's ITC maybe with some slight variance.

https://www.frontlinegaming.org/community/frontline-gamings-independent-tournament-circuit/itc-2015-season-40k-tournament-format/
>>
>>47408775
>You're best off with grav cannons and grav guns everywhere
Most likely, but then I'd have to buy some. Maybe when I've got the cash to spend.
>>
>>47408991
I made the same mistake with my Tempestor Prime. I cut it and magnetized it. No ragrets.
>>
>>47409058
Other than that does it seem like a good list im not trying to play any huge competitive games and most my friends seem to agree to either fluffy or fun lists.
>>
>>47409038
>no escape
that rule needs to be removed from the game immediately
>>
>>47409038
thank you.
>>
>>47409080
Seems fine otherwise. But I am a relative noob myself. Hopefully someone else can chime in.

I take it you aren't facing flyers?
>>
>>47408935
tyranids can fill out a cad with 3 models
>>
>>47409082
How would you represent getting roasted by a flamer when you're packed in tight in a building/transport?
>>
>>47408921
Eldar's one weakness is lack of decent Ignore Cover and Anti-Air.

War Convo stuff isn't much to worry about when:

1. Drop Pods can't be used by Ad Mech any more

and

2. Ad Mech don't have any transport vehicles (until Imperial Armour 14, anyway)

Meaning you're left with Dragoons or being allowed to take 30k stuff.

As for Tau? True. But 4+++ isn't the be all and end all. A tactical marine behind a Rhino Chassis is completely obscured. Meaning, no LoS. Meaning no shot. Meaning an entire squad is safe behind it. When you got 3+ on the board to move to, you close the difference enough to get into melee at which point, outside of Riptides and Stormsurges, any Tau unit will be krumpd.
>>
File: fuck this i hate being chaos.jpg (938 KB, 2400x1634) Image search: [Google]
fuck this i hate being chaos.jpg
938 KB, 2400x1634
>>47408047
I wouldn't. If you were going with it long term it would be nice to convert/doll up the Bloodthirster a little just so that when playing a random, friendly game it's easy for the other player to go "Oh yeah, that's not a Bloodthirster that's a *fancy* critter", but it's not a huge deal.
I use the Reaper Cthulhu mini as Corbax sometimes, and everyone I've played thinks it's fun.
>>
>>47408970
I've seen it written on here loads of times that scatterlasers have ignores cover when they don't. It just seems this weird myth that because Tau have shitloads of it that Eldar do too.
>>
>>47409110
I am but its just some vendettas from my friends IG/ Scions list that he changes like every other day.
>>
>>47408455
Wrong. Posession kills the whole squad. But still, killing small unit of 5 for Lord of Change or KDK Thrister is not a bad tradeoff.
>>
>>47409117
it's called the template weapon already royally fucking the unit packed in the building/transport on it's initial hit

the absurdity that template weapon damage becomes additive when there's walls around you instead of open plains makes no sense
>>
>>47409038
tfw Cognis flamers cause automatic 3 hits.
Go ahead, charge my troops, see what happens.
>>
>>47408560
>likely shatter his wrists
Shit meme. Bolters are fuck huge heavy things and bolts only have a light gunpowder charge to get them out the gun. Any fluff detailing "d00d if u shoot a bolter you'll rip your arm off!" is either britbong firearm logic or FFG nonsense.
>>
>>47409117
in a building it makes sense, but for open topped transports it makes absolutely no sense, mainly because you arent confined, you could fairly easily move somewhere that isnt getting toasted
>>
>>47409082
It sucks ass for Orks. But it makes sense for buildings flamers in real life were designed for such cases. The only problem is, it doesn't make sense for multi-levelled buildings (why would guys in 2nd/3rd floor be hurt by a flame in the 1st?). However for buildings like the Fortress of Retribution, it's split into 3 or 4 parts I think anyway.

>>47409088
You're welcome. If the rumour of 8th edition being streamlined is true, then I'm all for it. The rulebook is a clusterfuck, I've missed so much stuff in it cause it's in stupid parts of the book.
>>
>>47409166
What? I think you are misunderstanding. It's not for shit like ruins where the models are jsut standing there, it's for shit like bunkers where the units are "There but not there" and cannot be normally targeted. That rule just lets you do D6 hits to units embarked in fortifications.
>>
>>47409176
That's my point. It's heavy and holding that shit with any recoil is going to hurt like fuck to an unarmoured human.
>>
>>47409163
Sheet, I must have misheard on that one, I only have 10 wyrdvanes and too poorfag to get Mont'Ka so would never have used it anyway.
>>
>>47409235
nah, man, he means they are so heavy they absorb greater part of the recoil caused by the small gunpowder charge in the bolts.

Remember they are small rockets that gather speed outside of the barrel
>>
>>47409187
It's simulating the guy running up to the nearest hatch and jamming his flamer through it. If that doesn't make sense then neither does grenades being used on vehicles because "They could just move out of the way"
>>
>>47409214
.....oh, i guess that makes sense.

I didn't really think that one through.
>>
>>47409143

A lot of people seem to think Eldritch Storm ignores cover too. Can't remember if it had that in a previous edition or not.
>>
Which composition would you recommend at 500 pts for the Tau? Hammerheads, Fierwarriors in Devilfish, Piranhas, Crisis, Broadsides?

I'm more used to fight 1000pts and higher. No, I have no desire to bring a Riptide or a Stormsurge at 500pts.
>>
>>47409176
But you can own guns legally in UK. But holding a heavy gun and firing it constantly is going to cause a problem eventually. Thus why waste it on a grunt who is likely going to die anyway? Same shit as to "why don't IG get power armour?" and the answer isn't 'muh black carapace' because SoB wear power armour and so do Inquisitors.

>>47409172
I can't remember the rules, is it auto 3, not D3? That's neat if so.

I love Necron Overlord with that +1S melee + range relic, as it means Gauntlet of Fire becomes S5. Combine with the Void Reaper (GW said they're two separate relic lists and the 1st relic isn't a weapon ANYWAY) meaning your Necron is doing +3S AP2 Armourbane Fleshbane attacks with a S5 template. Put him in a Command Barge and people won't want to charge a S5 flamer (I forgot it's AP, I want to say 3, but it might be 5) and then have to deal with S8 AP2. At least, I think Overlords are S5 base.
>>
>>47407234
>>47404535
There's something fucked up with battlescribe when you try to add Knights as an allied detachment. It'll force you to grab an HQ and 2 other knights unless you do it like this>>47407234
>>47404535
There's something fucked up with battlescribe when you try to add Knights as an allied detachment. It'll force you to grab an HQ and 2 other knights unless you do it like this.

Also, the vets are honestly just there for objective scoring. I don't have a single extra point to spend on the list.
>>
>>47409320
Hammerheads. Lovely models, pretty versatile with the submunitions.
>>
>>47409269
I know weight helps with recoil, but I was talking generally about the weight. The SoB use mini versions, I believe. The Guardsmen use mini ones as well. It's a specific pattern. I think the Space Marines use the bigger one cause it's easier to bludgeon something to death with a bigger and heavier thing.

So, even power armoured humans need smaller ones, a regular Joe will have to be buff as fuck to keep that shit upright for any length of time. It's why Heavy Bolters are 2 man teams for IG and one man portable weapons for IG (and SoB, which is odd).
>>
>>47409374
the sisters' power armour offers some strength increase, but not as efficient as the marines'.

You can always use a strap to keep the gun to your shoulders. It can't be much heavier than, say, a MG42 -- and there are plenty of cases of germans shooting that from the hip without much trouble.
>>
File: ultra reee.jpg (46 KB, 375x592) Image search: [Google]
ultra reee.jpg
46 KB, 375x592
>>47409373
>lovely models
>mfw

In my opinion, all Tau tanks look like poop. Though the Hammerhead isn't too bad. I have autism. I love symmetrical designed tanks and Hammerheads (and Baneblades and other tanks) aren't symmetrical I get triggered.

Though I like the Taros Campaign weapon options. There is a Heavy 12 (or Heavy 6 x2, depends on your view) option out there. Plus some other neat stuff.

I'm waiting for the long awaited Tau Super Heavy Tank that Forge World said was in development two years ago. They promised Tau Titan and we got one. So where is the Tau Super Heavy Tank?

I've long said the tanks name is totally going to be called 'Swordfish'.
>>
>>47409237
Psykana Division requires 1 unit of Wyrdvanes minimum. Minumum formation size is:
>1 Primaris Psyker
>1 unit of Wyrdvane Psykers (minimum 5) with 1 attached Commissar

Assuming you've got the commissars and the primaris you have enough for two.
>>
>>47409438
True enough. Then I refer back to my original point. Joe Bumfuck from Agrishithole World doesn't get to use one until they've not died for 3 days (which is obviously the service length required to be a Sergeant!)
>>
>>47409327
They're not wasted on grunts, they're only doled out to sergeants. No shit an actual ballistic weapon isn't going to be fantastic to fire over a long time compared to a lasgun, but it's still worth it as a force multiplier. Remember that bolters are common as muck compared to plasma and meltaguns as well and those are handed to anyone willing to melt for the emperor.

>>47409374
IG use the same bolter as marines, it's only FFG that's came out and said differently to make space marines more powerful for their RPGs. IIRC SoB use straight up better bolters than marines thanks to that ecclesiarchy funding.
>>
orks here what is A MANZ missile i think i know but am not shure
>>
>>47409237
>>47409493
The Wyrdvane formation can make the Primaris Psyker go up to a MASSIVE Mastery Level 8.

While this doesn't mean 8 power choice rolls, it does mean 8 powers cast per turn and 8 charges per turn.

However, I believe the formation mentions that the Primaris knows all the powers the Wyrdvanes (and itself) have. So you could, with 3 units of Wydrvane, have 5 different powers (ML2 Primaris + 3 Wydrvane). Which means you can get 5 different powers off a turn, which is neat. Or you can spam 8 at once.

The best shit is, you get shit off easier (I think) and if you ever Perils, one Wyrdvane is killed. Meaning you need 5 Perils before you go down a ML (I assume you do go down one).

If you then ally in a Librarian Conclave and 5 Culexus, you can shoot something like Base+17 shots each or whatever the Librarian Conclave adds up to in ML. Though can't cast, obviously.
>>
File: Abaddon vs Kharn.jpg (234 KB, 972x662) Image search: [Google]
Abaddon vs Kharn.jpg
234 KB, 972x662
>Kharn hates Abaddon for the same reason the Word Bearers do
>He thinks that Abaddon's is a double heretic who thinks he is equal to the gods
>He thinks that the Black Legion are idolatrous cretins who do not serve the will of the Chaos Gods, and serve only the will of Abaddon

Does this confirm that Kharn is a "cuck" for Chaos/Khorne?

He has given up fighting for a greater cause for just reaping skulls and shouting praises to a fickle god. What kind of life is that? No ambition or anything.
>>
>>47409541
Exactly, that was my point. They're not wasted on grunts. Somebody made a joke about Guardsmen not getting Bolters and they don't cause they're grunts. Sergeants are considered 'good' enough to warrant it. You're right about that, I wasn't disagreeing it wasn't a force multiplyer. Only that some random guy would eventually have a sore arm carrying it around until they've seen enough combat to put on some proper muscle, like the Sergeants, to be able to wield it suitably well.
>>
>>47409156
Those could be pretty dangerous, so watch out. Or just ask him not to bring them :P
>>
File: 1459146260947.png (104 KB, 576x576) Image search: [Google]
1459146260947.png
104 KB, 576x576
>>47409488
I doubt they'll give the tau another tank, suits are in vogue.

>>47409129
fair enough, though i can't bring myself to start a big conversion project when i have enough to work on. & i just got the blue scribes in the mail today so they're priority 1 now. free psychic each turn? hot damn
>>
>Citation needed
>>
>>47409493
It requires 3 units of wyrdvanes on 1-3 comissars to accompany them.
>>
>>47409595
MANZ = Mega-armored nobz. A MANZ missle is when you take a minimum unit of 3 MANZ with power klaws, throw then in a truck, and race them up the board as fast as you can. You opponent has to stop them or they'll rape almost anything they assault.
>>
>>47409488

Please, be something like this: With twin railguns.
>>
>>47409658
oh is that what it means
>>
>>47409541
Oh right. Then disregard my point. I thought I saw pictures in the codex which said it was a specific pattern. As for SoB using better bolters, you mean FFG rules or in general? If in general (or hell, FFG) then I'd like to see SoB having Master Crafted Bolters in their totally soon to be announced update! I mean, that tripfag wasn't lying about SoB plastics this year, right? I mean, he's not been seen since that comment and despite several people asking for proofs and responding with 'muh record, check the archive, fuck off shitposters' means he's totally legit, right?
I'm so bitter
>>
>>47409677
thank you very much i already have meganobs
and 2 trukks so thats cool
>>
>>47409488
then you must hate most vehicles because very few are perfectly symmetrical.
>>
>>47409655
nah knowing him he'll be building a Space wolf or another dark eldar. So i dont really rely on him for lists any more
>>
>>47408935
Tau with 2 crisis suits.

Don't give them weapons and they cost you about 46 points, i believe.
>>
>>47409677
Except for other AP 2 wielding units? Seems like only 3 nobz with klaws would get crushed by any MC.
>>
>>47409636
That's ambitious for a Khornate.
>>
>>47409679
In one of the Call of Duties, you face a Russian tank with two barrels. I don't know of any tank, prototype or not, of USSR design, that had two barrels like that. Yet the Mammoth tank in C&C had two as well (and was OP). Was it a real thing?

As for Tau, the tank will probably have the KX139's Heavy Rail Cannon as it's main gun, twin-linked, with some sponsons.
>>
>>47409488
ork symmetery is best symmetery
>>
>>47409706
No problem, but keep in mind that if they are the biggest threat rushing at your opponent then that truck likely won't make it past their first shooting phase.

>>47409727
Also this anon is correct in that they will suffer against other dedicated CC units with AP2. Having 2 wounds helps (usually) but MANZ are better at ripping up vehicles and MEQs, especially if you're only using 3 in a unit. Any more than that deserve a battlewagon and a painboy.
>>
File: IMG_1172.jpg (218 KB, 2000x1500) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1172.jpg
218 KB, 2000x1500
>>47409343
fair enough my friend. go out and prove why armor is the king of the battlefield
>>
File: ego.gif (95 KB, 250x186) Image search: [Google]
ego.gif
95 KB, 250x186
When's Bloodb Owl
>>
>>47409607

Yeah, some of the Mont'Ka IG formations are dope. I don't have any Basilisks yet but I really want to try an Emperor's Wrath formation with two wyverns and two bassies. It's small enough to fit into most games and still enough to wreck massive amounts of face.

The army would look something like this:

>HQ
>Tank Commander: Exterminator + Command Exterminator
>TROOPS
>3 Meltavets
>FORTIFICATIONS
>Aegis Line w/ quad gun
>FORMATION
>2 Wyverns
>2 Basilisks
>Manticore
>CCS with Volkov's Cane, MoO, and a vet Autocannon team

Tanks and Meltavets roll around the field kicking ass while the formation sits pretty in one corner of the map dropping hell on anything that moves. Techpriest mans the quad-gun in case of enemy fliers, while the CCS orders the Bassies and Manticore to ignore cover. With a bit of fine tuning it comes to around 1750 points. 1850 if I buff the tanks a bit.
>>
>>47409875
Soon™
>>
>>47409726

Nids Can field two mucloid spores for 30 points to fill out the troops slots on a CAD
>>
>>47409834
>just HW arms
>couldn't even mount an auspex screen on the thing

0/10
>>
File: Warhammer 40Kart.jpg (608 KB, 2208x1567) Image search: [Google]
Warhammer 40Kart.jpg
608 KB, 2208x1567
>>47409875
When's 40Kart
>>
>>47407539
Posting this list against since I've still gotten no comments on this.

1500/1500 points
Farsight Enclaves
Dawn Blade Contingent

Core: Retaliation Cadre
>Commander
Multi-spectrum, Iridium, Puretide, Talisman of AM. Drone Controller, VRTs.

>Broadsides
3 Missilesides with SMS. 3 Missile Drones. Squad with Commander. Anti-Light Vehicle.

>Riptide
HBC, SMS, Stim Injector. Anti-Infantry.

>Crisis Suits
3x1 units, dual Burst Cannons. Anti-Infantry.

Auxiliary: Ranged Support Cadre.
>Broadsides
3x1 units of Railside with SMS. 2x Velocity Tracker, 1x Counterfire Defense System. Anti-tank, Anti-flyer.

>Pathfinders
2x1 units of 4 Pathfinders. Railside support.
1 unit of Pathfinder, Shas'ui, Ion Rifle, 2x Rail Rifle with a Devilfish (Point Defense). Objective grabber.

Officio Assassinorum Detachment.
>Elites
Culexus Assassin. Anti-Psyker, followed by Anti-Character.

Everything that needs Bonding Knife has it. As far as I can tell, my biggest weakness is Land Raiders. Suggestions?
>>
>>47409271

Open topped vehicles don't have hatches, they're "OPEN TOPPED", the troop portion is completely exposed to the air

By your logic Open topped vehicles should be the only ones not effected by no escape
>>
>>47408404
Neat

Now i just need 10 boxes for my shipyard board
>>
Could I just ask, Im playing Imperial Guard in a local tourney in a few weeks, how useful are Vultures with TL Punishers anymore? How fucked am I?
>>
>>47408404
Wonder how well one could convert those into a bunker. I always wanted a bunker that's like brought in as a temporary command post. I hope Rhino hatched can be put on top of them. Have to figure a way to put view ports or something on the sides. Maybe rhino windscreens?
>>
>>47409710
Oh I know they're not perfectly symmetrcal. I mean the gun on the hammerhead is to one side, not straight down the middle. The Baneblade demolisher cannon is not in the middle, it's to the side.

Preds, Land Raiders, Leman Russes and a few Forge World things are 'enough' for me not to get triggered. The Fire Prism triggers me.

But since I play Imperials, I'm not screwed that much. Though I do fear Ad Mech getting some poor vehicle (though their current tanks on Forge World are fine).

I'm an autist anon :(
>>
>>47408966
It depends entirely on how often his dudes "just barely" have los/get to an objective/make charge distance. If he's constantly squeaking by in his measurements, then he might be cheating, so force him to measure tip to tip.

Otherwise, if the game seems pretty normal, and he's not giving you any reason to doubt him, stop being an autist
>>
>>47410104

What if it is symmetrical by virtue of having twin-cannons?
>>
I'm considering using the Lords of Slaughter formation from the new Crimson Slaughter supplement as the start for a Tzeentch marine force. What would be some good unit additions to that?
>>
My friend has three valkyries, a vendetta, and a vulture. I play Imperial Guard as well, how do I counter this without spamming aircraft myself?
>>
>>47410329
Hydra's are cheap. Usually half the cost of a flyer they shoot down.
>>
>>47408560
Bolters and their variants have little to no recoil bruh. The bolt shell is mostly self-propelled with only enough initial force to get it out of the barrel
>>
>>47409541
>it's only FFG that's came out and said differently to make space marines more powerful for their RPGs
Even dumber, FFG made SM bolters more powerful because they realized if the used a straight TT port of the rules, Space Marines would be almost completely unable to kill each other using only bolters. Which is fucking true and why SMs get issued Plasma and Melta guns.
>>
>>47410104
I get that. And not actually judging, but there is a difference between 'ugly' and 'bugs my autism'. You do actually perceive the world in a noticeably different fashion than most people.

Yes people differ in opinion, but this is more like someone color blind saying that Christmas wrapping paper is blandly colored. That's not really an opinion thing.
>>
>>47408404
I want these, the idea of marines hiding in fucking containers or being air dropped from them is just too good

>Depto Munitorum delivery! SIgn here please
>What?! Im not even part of Imperium, who ordered this?! What is this!
>For the Emperor brothers! Engage and destroy!
>>
>>47409941
Railsides are useless in a Retaliation Cadre.
>>
>>47409939
Ripper sled a best
>>
>>47408404
FULTON RECOVERY [GMP-300]

>You're bringing *him* back to base?
>>
>>47408404
If they're a reasonable price, I'll probably buy them.

I'm weak against nifty little doodads.
>>
>>47408756
>the fucking main rulebook is a total mess, its not indexed
Yes it is.
>>
Sorry for listfagging but I was thinking of starting a CSM army because they're cool. Is this at all viable? I've never played CSM, although I know they're supposed to suck

1000 pts
>Terminator Lord (lightning claw, power weapon, MoN, blight grenades)
>Terminators (3 + Champion, all with combi-plasmas and MoN)
>Chosen (4x plasma gun, 5x MoN)
>2x 5-man CSM units with a flamer and combi-bolter in Rhinos with combi bolters/flamers, dirge casters, and havoc launchers)
>3 x Obliterators with MoN

(it's supposed to be a war band of The Purge)
>>
>>47409905

Whyyyyyyy do they want brittish nerds to care about a fucking American football simulatior

Why do people give a shit about this
>>
>>47410801
It was made by british nerds you butt slime.
>>
>>47410752
Those chosen are dead without a transport, and you've got a disturbing lack of bodies even for 1000 points.

Cut some frills and get them a metal box, at the very least.
>>
>>47410801
Looks more similar to rugby than american football.
>>
Just read Grey Knights codex.

Where the hell do they get off pricing them at 33 points a model?

They are psykers with force weapons, meaning instant fucking death, they can take "totally not thunderhammers" for 50 points while still keeping their storm bolters, S6 flamer templates, S7 2/4 salvo psicannons, with RENDING, and, oh yeah, a fucking s4 heavy 6 psilencer with instant death...

Grey knights are fucking ridiculously underpriced
>>
>>47408966
Most of the time you are just being autistic, but there are a few dickbags put there that measure like that to try and get an extra inch or so out their movement, my LGS has a guy that does it with his maulerfiends
>>
>>47409775
When orks do go symmetrical the results are fucking disgusting though. Gorkanauts a shit.
>>
>>47409203
>Flamers designed for buildings
Kinda-Sorta. Flamethrowers were designed for clearing buildings and trenches, of course. But their greatest utility was against vehicles. The Steel tank becomes a steel oven for the crew, cooks off ammo, seeps into the engine and sets it alight. Molotov Cocktails were invented specifically for this role.

Fortunately for modern tankers, we have sealed and better insulated interiors, isolated ammunition storage, better engine compartments, and in the case of the Abrams line of tanks an engine that runs hotter than gasoline fires anyways.
>>
>>47410801
American football was popular in the UK during the late 80s early 90s.

See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68Ep9WIc3TY for a quick run down of how cool it was.
>>
>>47410893
It's not that they are undercosted, it's that other terminators are overcosted.
>>
>>47410893
>they can take "totally not thunderhammers" for 50 points while still keeping their storm bolters
Best part.
>>
>>47410966
>Molotov Cocktails were invented specifically for this role

Molotov Cocktails were invented by rednecks for setting fire to innocent forest critters and insurance fraud, don't let anyone tell you different
>>
>>47410270
You'll want the CYCLOPIA CABAL from the black legion book as well.
Give your lord a jump pack/bike, stick with the possessed.
The terminators are a good place for some of the psychers, but also adding them to the CSM blobs to make the units fearless is a great idea.
Make sure you're packing melta guns and deadly melee weapons while using your powers to turn the tide and close the gap for melee.

>>47410752
Give your lord a chainfist instead of the power weapon
Downgrade the obliterators to two single man units with VOTLW
Pull off the upgrades on the rhinos, extra armor at best is what you need
Make sure your terminators are rocking power axes
Fill out the rest with small flamer CSM units, perhaps also with combi flamers. I recommend melta bombs on them just in case.

It will be serviceable on the field.
>>
File: 1454984579122.png (27 KB, 615x590) Image search: [Google]
1454984579122.png
27 KB, 615x590
>>47411015
fug
>>
File: Untitled.png (1 MB, 1024x1038) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
1 MB, 1024x1038
>>47409488
Get triggered Beyatch!

I could tell you a million reasons why Baneblades and Leman Russes and anything Tau are poorly designed, but symmetry is not one of them.
>>
>>47410966
>Moltov Cocktail
> flamethrower
>>
>>47410978

1: I have never been more embarrassed to be from Glasgow.

2: Holy shit that Greggs has been on George Square for over 30 years apparently.
>>
>>47411002
This.

I love Terminators but fuck off if you think I can actually use them effectively as regular SM.
>>
File: 20160523_175257.jpg (3 MB, 4608x2592) Image search: [Google]
20160523_175257.jpg
3 MB, 4608x2592
Post ending in 2,4,6 determines what humie loyalist helmet this warboss had stepped on.
No metallic chapters plz
>>
>>47411199
Salamanders
>>
>>47409941
Having 6 Missilesides, 3 with skyfire, and gatling gun Riptide should suffice for infantry. So don't take the railsides. They're cool in theory, but S8 doesn't really threaten anything that the missiles and HBC can't threaten already. Plus the HBC has access to Rending for anything you need AP2 excluding AV13-14. The skyfire missilesides will be able to out most anything flying around, which is very possible at 1500 pts.

Consider fusion blasters for the crisis team instead to patch up your AV13-14 weakness. In addition, you have very few markerlights. You need markerlights to make anything in this army effective. The Riptide with a nova charged burst cannon is at its best when most of those 12 shots hit the target and maybe even rend once or twice.

One thing I see new Farsight players forget about is the default troop selections. Pathfinders taking objectives isn't exactly the best tactic. The experimental rifles don't deliver much beyond melting TEQs and the pulse carbine is actually pretty mediocre. More important, though, is that they're Fast Attack. In the late game, you want to have Kroot or Fire Warriors running around to secure positions instead of a Fast Attack unit.
>>
>>47411199
Storm wardens.
>>
>>47411199
Grey Knights
>>
>>47411199
Ultramarines
>>
>>47410579
You may clearly note that the railsides are in the ranged support cadre.
>>
>>47411159
I'm pretty sure Glasgow was built around that Greggs.
>>
>>47411214
Ding ding
>>
>>47411215
It's not a default troop selection, it's a ranged support cadre. You don't think 2 squads of 4 is enough markerlights?
>>
>>47411214
apparently the chaos gods hate niggers.
>>
File: Mvq2BmD.jpg (90 KB, 613x846) Image search: [Google]
Mvq2BmD.jpg
90 KB, 613x846
>>
>>47411266
>2 squads of 4
>average of 4 markerlights
>Less if you're shooting special weapons
>>
File: 1439920682990.jpg (77 KB, 650x638) Image search: [Google]
1439920682990.jpg
77 KB, 650x638
>>47411287
>40 dollars for 10 bases
>>
Is the Creeping Barrage in use on the 40k battlefields?

I remember there being an Imperial Guard ability that seemed similar to it in Dawn of War 2.
>>
Any news on when forgeworld will bring out rule updates for their flyers?
>>
>>47411324
>Anon cant read

How do you live? It says 60x32mm right there, apply yourself.
>>
Is there any formations available for IG that uses Rough Riders? I feel like they're the most forgotten unit in that codex.
>>
>>47411296
The special weapons are in the third squad, and 2/5 of the squad members have markerlights.

Half the missilesides are getting ignores cover from the Commander and are already twin linked BS3.

The other half get twice the benefit from each markerlight (Also an average of 5 across 1-3 targets - the special weapons are in a third squad that has 2 more markerlights).

Only the riptide really needs markerlights anyway.
>>
>>47411266
He's taking special weapons. You lose markerlights when you take a special rifle.

He also has no Fire Warriors or Kroot, which is what I'm saying is a troop selection...because they're troops.
>>
>>47411287
Hope they make 25mm versions.
>>
>>47411324
It's £20 for 60, not actually that bad for GW. Shame there's only 8 designs or it would've possibly been worth getting.
>>
>>47411324
It says 60 bases, and it looks like $33 to me, not 40
>>
>>47411358
This is like the S3 Wulfen all over again.
>>
>>47411365
There's the death korps list that makes the better death riders troops, but not sure about rough riders
>>
>>47411392
>>47411385
>>47411358
Woops.
>>
>>47411365
Are rough riders even in the codex?
>>
>>47411379
There's no troops choices in the retaliation or ranged support cadres. In fact, both have very specific force orgs.

Retaliation
1 Commander
1 Riptide
1 unit of 1-3 Broadsides
3 units of 1-3 Crisis Suits

Ranged Support
3 units of 1-3 Broadsides
3 units of Pathfinders
>>
>>47411194
What would be a better cost?
25 for CSMs
30 for SMs
>>
>>47411408
They are, they're just often forgotten about because there are no models for them sold anymore (unless you count korps)
>>
>>47411408
Yeah, they come from that strange time in 6th where GW codices had rules for units without models and forgeworld options.
>>
>>47410801
>american football
>bloodbowl

It's fucking rugby you stupid asspie.
Do you know nothing about sports at all?
>>
>>47411460
can we stop making elite units really fucking cheap and instead focus on making them not shit
>>
>>47411454
You're right. My point is to not take the ranged support cadre because you're not gonna use the Crisis suits as troops to cap points. Do not kid yourself. Also the way the ranged support cadre was formatted it seemed like it was only two pathfinders and he specified one having special weapons,
>>
>>47411519
I would love to see termies get better. They're pretty much slightly better marines with slightly better weapons and a slightly better save, in exchange for a significantly larger price and infinitely shittier weapon options. It's incredibly sad.
>>
>>47411503
Honestly didn't know Rugby included football style helmets and lots of padding.
>>
>>47411552
How would you fix terminators?
>>
>>47411044
Thanks for the advice. A Cabal would be a great fit for extra psykers. I would need to get that possessed Relic for the Lord to go along with the possessed though, right?
>>
>>47411503
It's a mix of both.
>>
>>47411287
I'm pretty happy with these. I've been dreading having to base my marines, and this is a good chance to do that while also swapping them to a larger base size.
>>
>>47411199
Marines Malevolent
>>
>>47411597
Not him, but I'd either give them +1T and/or +1W and +1ST across the board. Maybe some kind of buff to deepstriking so they only roll one scatter die. Is that too much?
>>
File: 12_zps9eb8e582l.png (849 KB, 776x543) Image search: [Google]
12_zps9eb8e582l.png
849 KB, 776x543
>>47409765
The closest anyone got to a double barrel tank post-WW2 was the West German VT tank-destroyer prototype.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VT_tank

I don't think the soviets ever actually played with the idea because their design doctrine favored flat tanks with small turrets - which were already very cramped with a single autoloader.
>>
>>47411597
No the guy you asked but I would let them supercharge their armor one turn a game. Let them reroll their armor and invls for a turn would help the survive deep striking, small arms fire and a big Death Star for a bit.

It sounds fluffy too that their plates could lock up and the force fields supercharge.
>>
>>47411672
>t6 nurgle terminators

this is the future you choose anon
>>
>>47411532
Original guy again. I can't actually field any of the other auxiliary choices - don't have that many devilfish, or piranhas, or crisis suits, or drones. I really wanted my Relentless broadsides... Guess I'm just better off with my normal Tau lists then?
>>
>>47411672
I feel like the terminator profile is too iconic to change. Maybe FnP 5+.
>>
>>47411672
I feel like an additional W would be too strong, but I feel like +1T is actually strong but not busted.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 31

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.