[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mtg: EMA spoilers 2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 49
File: 1464023718808.jpg (56 KB, 200x278) Image search: [Google]
1464023718808.jpg
56 KB, 200x278
How happy are you guys with your box preorders?

How many are just getting singles.

Most hyped spoiler?
Claiming foil gamble.
>>
File: 1412761905418.gif (639 KB, 200x152) Image search: [Google]
1412761905418.gif
639 KB, 200x152
>reluctant to get back into Magic as Maro shifted up the rarities on anything conceivably useful
>go to Eternal spoilers anyway
>see a common that as far as I can tell is actually good
HELP
I NEED TO BE TOLD WHAT TO THINK
>>
>>47406797
Mana crip

At the beginning of your upkeep, play russian roulette. If you lose the roll, you lose the game.

Add (U)(U) to your mana pool.
>>
>>47406889
Is a nimble mongoose really your deciding factor?
>>
>>47406948
Zedruu would love it.
>>
File: 1458386168879.png (298 KB, 500x1005) Image search: [Google]
1458386168879.png
298 KB, 500x1005
>>47406797
I'm excited even though i probably won't open any packs. I may put forth money for one or two packs just to help circulation a little. I'm excited since i just got into commander and the idea of pulling some dumb shit like sneak attack honestly arouses me.
>>
I hope doubling season is in so the cost will lower a bit.
>>
>>47406797
>How happy are you guys with your box preorders?
Buying anything without some idea of what is contained within and on the basis of hype alone is one of the worst fucking things we do as human beings. It's why we pay hundreds of dollars for champagne when it's the same goddamn wine as any other wine but with bubbles.

I dare say it is the source of much of the crap that happens to people - let's give our money away without consulting an expert or any opinion whatsoever.

I want to look the people who buy boxes of this thing in the eye and ask them to give me a good fucking reason why they bought this blind. But I can't, because that would make me an asshole - it makes me an asshole for trying to be an adult and calling out the company and the people who buy boxes of $400 paper terrible. Spend a month's paycheque on a ring for your wedding, people will think you're a faggot if you don't.

I've talked to jewelers; they know it's a fucking scam but I respect it because it's one of the last trades left where they've made an industry-wide effort to convince the public that their product still has value in spite of having no fucking utility whatsoever unlike shoes.
>>
>>47406980
I'm happy for you, just promise that if it actually happens, you will triple sleeve the card before you rub it all over yourself.
>>
>>47406797
>How many are just getting singles.
There's a middle ground there, you know. A draft or two tops is what I expect to get out of this, possibly a Japanese pack if there are any available when I head out there next.

A couple of (kinda pricey) hours of fun with the off chance of pulling something worth selling or sticking in an EDH deck sounds fine to me.
>>
>>47406797
I run Mana Vault over Crypt
>>
File: 1438375888313.jpg (92 KB, 400x489) Image search: [Google]
1438375888313.jpg
92 KB, 400x489
>>47407085
I'm aroused anon, not a madman. For your comfort though I solemnly swear I won't touch the card inappropriately without protection.
>>
File: 1464008814458.jpg (122 KB, 1278x1181) Image search: [Google]
1464008814458.jpg
122 KB, 1278x1181
>>47407037
Whoa watch out for this bad ass over here
>>
I am surprised Sylvan Library and Gamble are not at Mythic.

On the other hand Mana Crypt at mythic is ass.
>>
File: 1437259009636.gif (598 KB, 438x750) Image search: [Google]
1437259009636.gif
598 KB, 438x750
>>47407159
Much appreciated.
>>
>>47406797
very
>>
Protip: they're spoiling the good shit and the rest is trash.

Nimble mongoose does nothing in pauper, you need a gy for mandrill and angler. It's weak to edict just the same
>>
>>47407313
He'd be fun in Commander
Inb4
>commander

Yeah yeah some people just like to have fun
>>
>>47407313
The mongoose is a nimble navigator, with paralyzing venom.
>>
>>47407313
Are you dense?
Mongoose is huge in pauper. Your just pissy becuase of all the Gx decks that are gonna shit down your throat now.
>>
>>47407313
>>47407417
>>47407425
http://www.gatheringmagic.com/paupers-legacy-with-eternal-masters/
>>
>>47407383
Thing about saying a card is good in commander is it's irritating since it's a pointless statement. Anything can be played in Commander, it's a casual format.
>>
>>47407579
Your mom's a casual format too but you don't see me complain everytime I play her. Bitch
>>
>>47407679
Y u so mad?
I play EDH too, it's just irrelevant to mention it every time a new spoiler comes out.
>>
>>47407579
Anything can be played in any format.
Just sleeve it and play. So you aren't wrong, but the format is irrelevant
>>
>>47407554
>Only 1 b/g deck
Kay
>>
>>47407579
I want to add to your statement that effective cards are not what dictate success in Commander.

Commander is a multiplayer format, which makes it an absolute clusterfuck. It doesn't matter if you're slinging the "best" deck with good or bad cards it all depends on how aware or fickle your opponents are. Power helps, but if your opponents are hating on you you'll never win.

Commander is more diplomacy than actual game mechanics. That's why all cards are playable - it's not the merits of the card but the decisions people make. Some people like it for that, some people don't but it's certainly the reason why I don't play Commander. But I don't fault people for wanting to play a format where you can drink and only pay half attention.
>>
>>47407696
Yea. I see so many tarmogoyfs and delvers in edh.

Fucking wannabe edh players, all you do is netdeck something and play the format as a third choice between rounds. Then talk shit about it when you arent playing.

Why?
>>
>>47407579
Pissed off that your lgs bumped the price of the packs up? I'm sorry anon.
>>
>>47407696
>Eternal masters
>New

Fucking autist.
>>
>>47407117
Why not both?
>>
>>47407803
I agree with everything you say. I enjoy EDH. I just find the constant "this is great in EDH!" comments in ever spoiler season pointless. All cards are, it's a casual diplomacy based format with 100 different cards in each deck.
>>47407711
The idea of a card being "playable" is often based off the idea of a card being good in a competitive environment or deck, not in a casual format where you can play w/e you want
>>47407863
Moron, I was replying to >>47407383
this sentiment, not anything specifically about EM
>>47407839
If only I had an lgs to play in right now, I wouldn't care much about the price.
>>
>>47406797
>>How happy are you guys with your box preorders?

All of the the mythics are pretty much 4-ofs, except Necro, which you can get for $7. Chrome Mox is $15. So far, this looks like another Jew Lottery from WotC. Either open a foil FoW or Jace, or lose money.

How many are just getting singles?
We know just 3% of the set and you can already tell buying this is going to mean jackshit if you want to play Legacy. Singles it is.
>>
>>47408038
People are going to jump all over you about "but the uncommons and commons".

I don't need a spoiler list to know this shit isn't worth it. Modern Masters isn't worth it. But this is worse because some 50-75% of a Legacy deck is in the lands, which with an absolute certainty are not going to be in this product.

So what's the fucking point?
>>
>>47406889
>Daze uncommon
>Sylvan uncommon
>Chrome uncommon
>Mythic sneak

Dredge was right.
>>
>Bloodbraid elf
Why? I mean, it's not a bad card, but did this ever see play in a format that it's currently legal in?
>>
>>47407885
>>47407711

We can go both ways in this. Pick why you are wrong.

1: you can't just play anything you want in commander. There's budget alternatives staples and unplayables just like any other format.

2: I can use basics instead of duals in legacy. They aren't unplayable.

Either way you look at it you are wrong. While edh is less restricted it still has an intricate set of rules and strategys. Some cards are wincons in decks and useless in others. Just like legacy.

Stop being retarded ok bud?
>>
>play eternal masters
>pull a card with bestow and daze

YARE YARE DAZE, STANDO POWERU
>>
>>47408123
Yeah, pretty sure people still play Jund.
>>
>>47408123
Modern Jund transfers pretty much card for card to Legacy. It gets Deathrite and Hymn to Tourach along with Bloodbraid Elf. And the lands.

All the other players are there: Liliana, Thoughtseizes, Goyf, Bob, Bolt, and so forth.
>>
>>47408149
In legacy/EDH? It was big in modern, but it's banned now.
>>
>>47408123
it's a cubeable card too

Cube was one of the other formats EMA is made to support

At least the new art is sweet AF
>>
>>47406797
They have reprinted Jace, The Mind Sculptor (Big Jace) so many times seeing a reprint is not amazing. I feel the same way about Goyf as I do Big Jace right now.

[1] They are throwing a lot of bones to combo players. I wonder if the drafts are just going to be people attempting combo, failing and then flailing their anemic beat sticks at each other.
>>
>>47407313
>>Protip: they're spoiling the good shit and the rest is trash

This. Imagine seeing the following spoiler for MM2: Goyf, Confidant, Karn, Bitterblossom and Emrakul at mythic. Cryptic, Hierarch, Twin at rare. Lightning Bolt at uncommon. Looks pretty good. Until you see the rest of the shit that make s up the rest of the set.
>>
>>47408163
Blue>Red=White in legacy for the GB shell.
So you'd rather go bug shardless than jund braid
>>
>>47408134
>it's a casual game
>played casually
>with whatever cards you want
>since you're playing to have fun with friends, unless you're some sort of super autist, you can play whatever jank you want
>and 90% of jank fits into someone's EDH deck
>so no one cares about whether or not the latest spoiler matters for your EDH deck

>>47408167
EDH, lolno
Legacy, it was a major player for a while, and likely still is.
>>
>>47408134
EDH has the reputation of being a casual shitter format because it's played by casual shitters. Sure, you can play 5c Druid/Zur/Storm/Sisay and play real magic, but most people just fuck around and cast hydras for 15 mana on yurn 20 or whatever, so you can get away with playing random shit and still be competitive.

In Legacy, most people play top tier decks if they play at all, so bad cards get punished much more.
>>
>>47408205
Like EDH is supposed to.
>EDH
>Competitive
Cancer killing mtg.
>>
>>47408205
At least when I tried EDH, it was all super expensive combo decks, or piles of goodstuff. I ended up not playing the format for very long, and just spent the money on legacy.
>>
>>47408205
And legacy has a rep of being a dead format with 40 year old man babies crying to keep it alive.

Idgaf. Sylvan library is gonna be sweet in my Edric edh deck. And none of you faggot cunt legacy cucks will tell me otherwise.
Now hurry up and crack a box for me so I can buy library for cheap.
>>
>>47408163
>>All the other players are there:

Except for the $1000+ for the manabase.
>>
>>47408194
>Build legacy deck
>20 swamp
>40 relentless rat

Hey look, a legacy player now. Wow you're right, it's hard to make a deck for his format.
>>
>>47408289
You do have the fetches already though. And you can probably get away with 6 duals+grove.
>>
>>47407166
he's right though.
preordering this because 2 (TWO!) card were spoiled a month ago is 100% retarded, chances are you won't even pull them in a box.

now there's about 10 cards spoiled, and already people are losing their shit, probably more are preordering right now.
wotc might as well spoil only commons from now, it's already a success for them
>>
>>47408350
The moment they spoiled FoW legacy and Vintage players creamed their pants.
>>
>>47408350
Chances of wasteland ok. Like 70%
>>
>>47408274
>he can't afford $30 for a black border sylvan

Shitters like you trigger my autism. I can't even imagine playing a deck that isn't fully optimized. What do you have in that slot now? If you could at any time conceivable make your deck perform better, you shouldn't play the deck; it's insulting to your opponent.

Your "deck" is a joke if you won't spend $30 for a fucking Library. If you ever sat down in my shop and fetched a fucking Breeding Pool on T1 instead of a Tropical, I'd throw you the fuck out. I don't need children and poorfags pretending to play.
>>
>>47408205
>A casual shitter format because it's played by casual shitters.
That's actually what makes me dislike the format so much. Most of the conversation you have about the format is garbage. You can't ask someone, "How can I improve this" because there is just no basis to start from not to mention most of the people don't have the talent or intelligence to have that conversation.

Something that I heard a lot in a brief stint in EDH are things like:
- You need Wurmcoil, Wurmcoil goes in every deck (Cryptic Command, Wasteland, Strip Mine, etc.)
- Play this better Commander
- I only use real cards in this unsanctioned format and won't tolerate fakes

Some people would never say it but they believe there is only one or two ways to build each Commander. Or some build good-stuff all day every day.

The best conversations I had over EDH were ones where we circlejerk over how good each others' decks are. And that is fucking terrible because I want better conversation than that, but that is the absolute best it can be because nobody wants to sit there and take a scalpel to someone's deck.

Duel Commander is completely not like regular multiplayer Commander. In Duel Commander I'm fine with saying things like needing to play Cryptic. What I can't stand is how people in multiplayer Commander think they're all high and mighty about their pet bullshit when they both exhibit the same behavior as competitive players and are too fucking stupid to improve themselves or help others improve themselves without using fucking platitudes or saying "do anything you want" because they're too lazy to think when helping.
>>
>>47408383
>Creaming
>Over 2 rarity updates for the sake of the eternal semite

REMINDER
TRUE ETERNAL PLAYERS SUPPORT THE DESTRUCTION OF THE SEMITE'S LIST PLUS FREE-MARKET RULING.
>>
>>47408387
Haha that's cute. My edh decks are worth more than most legacy decks.

Ive been using mirris guile becuase I love turn 1 plays with it. But I want to try library. Modern frame did it for me, and the foiling in arsenal is shit.

Get fucked kiddo.
>>
>>47408435
You don't get it.

By "wanting to try Library", you admit that Library might be better than Guile.

If Library is, in fact, better than Guile, you haven't been playing a real deck because your deck was not optimal.

If Library is not better than Guile, by making the change you will cease to play the optimal list; therefore you are no longer playing a real deck.
>>
File: 1445000912070.png (102 KB, 349x425) Image search: [Google]
1445000912070.png
102 KB, 349x425
>>47408481
top moist
>>
>>47408426
Tl;dr.
If legacy babies won't read "this goes good in my edh" comments what makes you think we'll read this shit.
>>
>>47408481
I think you are arguing the wrong point. Lol. Retard.
>>
what White cards do yall think will be re-printed?
>>
>>47408481
>This is the horror that goes on in a legacy players head.

I'm sorry anon.
>>
>>47408387
Man, you must get butt blasted when you lose to a krenko deck.
>>
File: aNuUw.jpg (137 KB, 1000x531) Image search: [Google]
aNuUw.jpg
137 KB, 1000x531
>>47408688
waifu
>>
>>47408688
Armageddon
>>
>>47408806
I'd be so much happier if it were Ravages of War
>>
>>47408717
>turbo-autist with a T1 EDH deck flips his shit over losing to a $50 Krenko deck
Loving this mental image
>>
>>47408688
>Balance
>>
>>47408387
I was just passing by and saw this, and honestly people like you are the reason I'm glad I play casual Magic only. Really? You'd throw someone out because they aren't playing the very best cards? Some people have to buy their cards on a budget, you know, and want to have fun in the meantime. I'm not sure what's wrong with that. Seriously, faggot, get fucked.
>>
>>47408927
Silly anon, WotC doesn't care about balance as long as they can keep collectors happy.
I know, I know...
>>
>>47407803
Only people who suck at multiplayer claim it's all up to politics
>>
File: CjKeDK8XIAATdmQ.jpg (54 KB, 369x512) Image search: [Google]
CjKeDK8XIAATdmQ.jpg
54 KB, 369x512
>>47408481
Haha how does it feel knowing that the ONE set legacy fags are getting is catering more to commander players?
>>
>>47409057
>have never played kaalia of the vast/Jhoira deck against other 4 players
Surely, you can survive all their hate
>>
>>47408289

If you can afford Modern Jund but you don't want to play Legacy Jund, you're doing it wrong.

Modern Jund is more expensive than a whole lot of Legacy decks. And it's a worse deck in a format full of worse decks.
>>
>>47409144
Try playing a good commander.
>>
Well eternal masters might actually not be as terrible as I feared...
>>
>>47409144
>>47409189
Yea. I consider myself pretty good at politics, but there's no way I'm convincing people that my Kaalia deck or Radio deck isnt OP.
>>
>>47409144
>Hey guys I'm playing this commander that can easily win turn 5 but please don't don't mind me playing my shit
Of course you're gonna get hated off the table with Kaalia as a commander you moron.
>>
>>47409255
Rafiq fuck
>>
>>47409189
>>47409255
Here's two reliable ways to win multiplayer game
a) don't look like a threat until other people wipe each other then do one final push for win
b) don't look like a threat and pull combo when nobody can interrupt it
>>
>>47409144
>Oracle of Dust hitting the table against Jhoira
>Jhoira player's face when he realizes he'll never be able to resolve a fatty
Fucking glorious
>>
>>47409144
I have no problems going off with Arcum through BW boardwipes, counterspells and a Prosh player pinging and bolting everything.
>>
>>47409301
It's all situational. Not looking like a threat but still having a board to protect yourself is a fine balance.

It's what makes edh so good.
>>
>>47409361
>Arcum

See you'd immediately be my target if you joined group game with me.

If you run a red flag commander you pretty much have to embrace it. There's no convincing anyone.
>>
you can totally outplay collusive table hate in EDH, you just have to know when its coming and play at instant speed whenever possible
>>
>>47409089
To be fair Maze of Ith does far more work in Lands and Aggro Loam than any EDH deck.
>trying to win the game with non-hexproof commander
>>
>>47409397

but theres a prossh player at his table too

at a certain point it becomes impossible to decide youre just gonna focus on one scary commander at your table

red flag commanders just become normal commanders and youre back to the normal political dynamic
>>
>>47408659
I thought every spoiler had a million "this goes right in my Dark Magician edh deck!" comments. I can never see myself caring so much about a casual format, but I guess that's for them to decide
>>
>>47408688

Kataki, War's Wage.
>>
>>47409452

>I can never see myself caring so much about a casual format as to comment "this card is good in my deck"

exactly how much "care" do you think it requires to say a card would be good in your deck? how do you even build decks at all if you dont care even that much?

take a step back from 4chan for a moment

it poisons the mind, makes you say a bunch of totally retarded shit for incomprehensible reasons
>>
Do eternal masters pack have 1 foil in each?
>>
>>47409363
>Not looking like a threat
Check
>>47409363
>but still having a board to protect yourself
Not check

Running 4 creatures is a risky proposition but it usually pays off when you kill the entire table in a single turn

Just gotta bide your time
>>
>>47409510
I don't care enough to argue if Jimmy the Elf is a better commander than Johnny the hexproof.

Just pointing out that "this is a commander card!" is the most meaningless sentence in magic
>>
>>47409619
Nobody is saying it like you are taking it. Nobody is saying "this goes into commander decks and commander only"
Not every card is a fucking command tower.

Edh players get excited for new cards and sets to. Take a fucking break from the internet and come back when you're not being a whiny cunt.
>>
>>47409698
Lol buttblasted edh player got called out
>>
>>47409728
Called out for what?
Or are we just gonna resort to memes and green text?
>>
>>47409772
I said: "edh is a casual format and therefore any statements about how good a card is in it are meaningless"

You said: "Get out, I don't want to hear people speak ill of my precious format"
>>
>>47409906
If you are to stupid to understand how quotations work. You are to stupid to carry a conversation about magic.

You can have last word. From the sounds of it, you really need it.
>>
>>47409089

What are you talking about bra? Ith sees play all over the place in legacy. Anything that runs crop rotation.
>>
>>47409546
Yes
>>
>>47407313
>It's weak to edict just the same
There are like two cards not weak to edicts in pauper, Young Wolf and maybe Atog. You'll have to play Stompy or tokens to not be weak to edicts. U/G Madness en U/G Delver seem more realistic decks now.
>>
>>47408426
There is plenty to talk about when it comes to EDH decks. You just only find discussing efficiency to be interesting.

I have regularly suggested cards that make EDH decks WORSE because it is cooler. That's the beauty of a casual format. Sure, shit is subjective, but if you are amongst friends, you likely are on the same page.
>>
File: sad bat.gif (106 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
sad bat.gif
106 KB, 480x270
god damn it guys can't we just get along? what does it matter if you're playing EDH or legacy/vintage anyways? we're all gonna buy the cards anyways.
>>
>>47410662
I'm sorry anon. I'm >>47407579 and I regret starting this argument.
>>
>>47409619
So is every sentence regarding formats to people who don't play that format.

It is just as meaningless as people complaining on every draft common that "this isn't good enough to see play in legacy".
>>
>>47410662
It's just too easy to troll edh players.
>>
>Daze is Uncommon now
>Necropotence, Sneak, Chrome and Crypt Mythic
>And FoW of course

Mongoose is going to be one of the very, very few even remotely playable commons in the set.
I'll bet your fucking ass we are going to see Spiritmonger, because "Hey, it used to be played in Eternal!"
>>
>>47410767
Spiritmonger is cool. My friend ran him in Nic Fit for a long time.
>>
>>47410714
Oh. Now you are "trolling"
You probably don't even play legacy. Fuck off.
>>
>>47410714
>retard
>>
>>47410812
Spiritmonger IS cool, but he's not playable anymore.
>Buy 15 dollar pack
>Get 25 cent rare
It'd be Comet Storm all over again.
>>
>>47410830
>>47410848
>taking the bait
c'mon guys
>>
>>47406797

Chrome Mox.

Well we can't reprint decent cards like Mox Opal or any of the other gems cuz' they're on the reserve list.

Let's just reprint the one that's banned in Modern.

QUALITY PRINTINGS CHAPS.
>>
So was this set confirmed to be a small-print run?

I would certainly hope that they learned from both MM and MM2 on how to not fuck up a value set.
>>
File: Image.jpg (31 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
31 KB, 223x310
>>47410812
There are plenty of cool cards they can print. Preacher is cool. But including it as a rare in a set like Eternal Masters is a joke.
>>
>>47410949
Modern is not an eternal format, anon
>>
File: Image (1).png (119 KB, 223x311) Image search: [Google]
Image (1).png
119 KB, 223x311
i think it'd be pretty cool to get lotus petal reprinted. not that it really needs one, it just seems fitting.
>>
>>47410980
I sincerely hope that there isn't a single modern playable card in the set.

>>47410970
Preacher could be nostalgic, but they'll give it video game box art, so what's the point?
>>
>>47410900
Thanks for proving my point I guess?
>>
>>47411098
I'm not that guy, it's just sad when people give them attention.
>>47410998
It would fit, and I'd rather it than some of the irrelevant crap they'll no doubt push, but yeah, it's not like it's short of printings.
>>
>>47411032
Sure there isn't anon.

No reason at all why they're reprinting banned modern staples.
>>
do these kinds of sets get sold at walmart/target/whatever? theyre hella easy to steal boosters from so I hope so
>>
>>47411177
You realize that modern isn't the only format, correct? And that this is ETERNAL masters, not modern masters?

Mox Opal is only playable in one or two bad vintage decks. It would be a dumb reprint.
>>
>>47411212
no afaik these limited sets are usually only at actual games stores and they wouldn't have them out anywhere you could steal them easily.
>>
>>47406797
So how limited is this? Fags at Salvation are claiming it's the most limited masters set ever but a local third world store that opened up less than a year ago is getting 5 boxes, that's more than what advanced stores got of MMA.
>>
>>47408958
>collectors

*scalpers
>>
>>47410961
WPN site puts the print run somewhere between MMA1 and 2, closer to 2.
>>
>>47411370
Well that isn't too bad then.

I feel like MM2 was a bit overprinted, but then again it had almost no value.
>>
>All this rareity bumping even on cheap cards
>Daze is an uncommon instead of rare
I wounder what awful chafe they'll fill the set with? Do you think they'll print a young pyromancer or the 3/2 bug dude in U?
>>
>>47411452
>Yung Peezy and Delver
>Awful chaff
Pick one my nigga
>>
>>47411452
Sure. And Archangel Avacyn too.
>>
>>47409906

>I said: "edh is a casual format and therefore any statements about how good a card is in it are meaningless"

this is just wrong tho

even if we grant that you can play whatever you want in a casual format, there are still cards that are better than others
>>
>>47411486

i think he meant the opposite
>>
>>47411452
I don't think we'll see any modern creatures. I'd like werebear and putrid imp at common though
>>
File: 1453248696251.gif (2 MB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1453248696251.gif
2 MB, 400x300
>Check out spoilers
>All those great cards
>But then look again
>Mythic
>Mythic
>Rare
>Mythic
>Rare
>Mythic
>Rare
>Rare
>Mythic

A-At least Bloodbraid Elf is Uncommon.
>>
>>47411642
Have you ever seen how spoiler season starts?

Most of the rares and mythics are always spoiled first.
>>
>>47410970
>>47410888
Well, hopefully my store owner friend won't charge me 15 bucks. I'll admit, jank rares from expensive packs can suck, but I am a big fan of jank and I'm only really buying this set to draft. If I get any money, it'll be nice, but I don't expect it, the same way I don't expect to win the lottery.

Man, Preacher would be awesome. Isn't he on the reserve list though?
>>
>>47411452
I'm actually begining to suspect Necropotence is the set's Comet Storm.
They can actually fill this shit with value because it's completely worthless to the "pro" players unlike Modern-legal cards, and people aren't gonna join Legacy in droves because Underground Sea is a thing and there's this faggoty mentality where if you're not playing Shardless BUG you're not really playing Legacy because it's the second most expensive pile of cards in the format despite being a shit deck that loses 10/90 to Burn.

This set's market are people with so much money they can be anal about what they spend it on, and commander/cube casuals, it has to have value or it won't sell and stores will be brutally butthurt. I wouldn't also be surprised if SCG undercosted their singles to recover all the money they lost at GPCharlotte because of WotC's shit software.
>>
>>47411961
You need Underground Sea for Grixis Delver which -unlike Shardless BUG- is a good deck.
>>
>bloodbraid elf
What? Does it even see play in legacy? Does this mean it's gonna get unbanned in Modern?
>>
>>47412328
Jund plays it, not that legacy Jund is hugely popular but still. I think Zoo plays it too, or like the "big" Zoo variant.
>>
>>47411961
>This set is for people who wants to buy chinese counterfeits
Corrected that for you
>>
>>47412328
It's in jund, and a lot of brews. 4-5c cascade is pretty fun to play.

As little play as chrome mox sees, its also the kind of card that people consider for random brews
>>
>>47411961
We know about 7% of what's in the set, and I would bet that, at this point, the amount that will actually hit the store floor will be minimal. MM2 was atrocious, and I have not heard any major complaints from stores. Boxes of it go for 230+. Why would EMA be any different. I am willing to bet that the we have not seen this set's Comet Storm.

And, the way spoilers go, we have probably seen 90% of the set's value. It is once again, playing the foil lottery. At 240+ a box, either you crack a foil FoW, or you need to crack 3 mythic bombs to make value. FoW is going for $55, Wasteland is $40, Mana Crypt is pretty unstable. This is going to be closer to MM2 than people think.
>>
File: 1447549625919.png (103 KB, 600x539) Image search: [Google]
1447549625919.png
103 KB, 600x539
>duals printed in basic slots
>chaos ensues
it's not gonna happen but could you imagine
>>
>>47412523
I'd be so happy and confused at the same time. I'm pretty sure stores wouldn't sell their packs. They'd just crack em and fill the shelves.
>>
>>47412523
Investors would absolutely lose their minds. The assmad would echo through the ages
>>
>>47412506
And who's gonna buy that?

The people who want FOW and Wasteland already have them, most likely 8 of them just in case. And stores are getting more of this than they did MMA, just slightly less than they got MM15.

If the common and uncommon slots aren't filled with constructed playable cards and 8/10 rares aren't at least $2 tickets, this shit is gonna shelfwarm and piss off stores. Eternal does not have even 10% of the market Modern has.

And no we haven't seen the set's Comet Storm, it's gonna be Mind Twist.
>>
>>47408688
in order to not offend people. wizards is phasing out white as a part of magic
>>
>>47410714
you can't just flail around like a retard going "HURKA FRUKKA DING DONK PANCAKES" and then claim to be just trolling after
>>
File: 1381784307102.jpg (393 KB, 816x1356) Image search: [Google]
1381784307102.jpg
393 KB, 816x1356
>>47412921
>pancakes
>>
>>47408387
>If you ever sat down in my shop and fetched a fucking Breeding Pool on T1 instead of a Tropical, I'd throw you the fuck out. I don't need children and poorfags pretending to play.

First, who pops their Fetchland until EOT before it comes back to your turn (i.e. not popping it T1)?

Second, if you don't have a T1 play then why wouldn't you go get the Shockland rather than the Dual Land after you pop the Fetchland EOT? Saves you two life.

Fucking noob.
>>
>>47412932
Pretty sure one this thread is proof of my point. Say one thing, the damage control crew hops into action
>>
>>47413062
>its only damage control when they disagree with me
>>
>>47412831
>>And who's gonna buy that?

People playing the Foil lottery.
People buying it to store so they can sell it to future Foil lottery players.

In short, the same type of people that are buying Innistrad boxes for $300.
>>
>>47409363
>>47409301

Fuck that. If I see you playing solitaire in a group game, i'm going to go out of my way to fuck your shit.
>>
File: light.jpg (8 KB, 178x248) Image search: [Google]
light.jpg
8 KB, 178x248
I hope they reprint lighting bolt with a redone version of the 3rd edition's art to be more video-gamey
>>
>>47412870
Is that why there were no eldrazi with white in their mana costs?
>>
>>47413090
This.
>>
>>47413230
displacer would like to have a word with you.
>>
>>47408110
Where are you getting your spoilers?
>>
File: eldrazidisplacer.jpg (39 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
eldrazidisplacer.jpg
39 KB, 265x370
>>47413230
I'm gonna exile ya, touch ya, then return your unconscious body to reality.
>>
>>47413230
Only one.
Then we get the ebul church in innistrad 2.
Then the designated shitting plane of kaladesh, only whites there are probably the villains.
>>
Necropotence even being in the set, much less at mythic is kind of a joke. It's a good card, but it was never difficult to obtain.
>>
>>47413432
>white is a villainous color literally twice in all of MtG before Shadows
Wow, that's quite the conspiracy you're on to.
How could I have been so blind.
Shocking truth.
>>
File: 30.jpg (66 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
30.jpg
66 KB, 312x445
>>47413432

Good, White makes the best villains.
>>
File: Toshiro Umezawa.png (2 MB, 1125x1534) Image search: [Google]
Toshiro Umezawa.png
2 MB, 1125x1534
>>47413605
And Black makes the best heroes!
>>
File: Chainer.jpg (138 KB, 800x796) Image search: [Google]
Chainer.jpg
138 KB, 800x796
>>47413652
He's only the second best.
>>
>>47413443
Also they're using the inferior art.
>>
File: enlightenedtutor.jpg (39 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
enlightenedtutor.jpg
39 KB, 265x370
Why God didn't I just pre-order a box. What was I thinking. I need that foil and gambling was the best way to get it.
>>
Do they even do prerelease drafts for sets like this?
>>
File: Monks_f7a9ef_5556895.jpg (137 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
Monks_f7a9ef_5556895.jpg
137 KB, 600x450
>>47413722
Shit, do you think they'll print all four tutors?
>>
>>47407001
That's not how reprints actually work.
>>
File: Good_Grief.jpg (524 KB, 1102x868) Image search: [Google]
Good_Grief.jpg
524 KB, 1102x868
>>47413736
Certain stores will. If they're cool they'll only charge 40 but if the spoilers keep being value packed at this rate they'll charge 15 for packs and 60 for a draft. I'm just about to kill myself because these are all my favorite cards I've always wanted but I just know this set is going to get kiked to he'll and back
>>
>>47413751
All 5, they gave us gamble too
>>
>>47413783
>3 packs for $15 a pack adds up to $60 for draft
>>
>>47408387
black bordered sylvans are as much as the CNS ones are over here in Burgerland. I use the black bordered one in my pimped out Mayael deck cuz I like the art better.
>>
>>47414322
Lots of stores do things differently. My store does 4-pack sealed for ultimate frustration.
>>
>look at preorder from my lgs
>$339.99

I like the place, but god damn is the owner a huge jew.
>>
>>47414322
somebody has to pay for the prize pool, you know
>>
File: that's not going to fit!.jpg (49 KB, 626x631) Image search: [Google]
that's not going to fit!.jpg
49 KB, 626x631
>>47414371
In Canuckbucks, right? Shit was going for $240 online when I checked yesterday.
>>
>>47414346
literally what the fuck. what kind of bullshit format is that? It sounds sort of fun because everyone's deck will be ass
>>
>>47414426
Nope. Freedom land.

Singles prices are fine, but fuck does he push these 'premium' products.
>>
>>47414452
Does his name start with a w?
>>
>>47414452
Damn. I preordered mine literally this very morning for 280 US shipping in.
>>
File: nah nigga.png (588 KB, 1440x810) Image search: [Google]
nah nigga.png
588 KB, 1440x810
>>47414452
Holy shit dude that's beyond retarded. I'd just go online.Not even I'm that loyal to my LGS
>>
i kind of love eternal masters at this point

its perfect

i dont play legacy i play commander, but realistically, its impossible for them to make a set like this that benefits legacy and nobody here should have expected otherwise

literally nothing but a complete devaluing of legacy staples would affect the price of getting into legacy, and wizards would never print a set with massively more value than the msrp, nor will they reprint the reserved list

whereas commander is the perfect format to print a set like this for, there are a bunch of commander staples that are 10-30 dollars and those can now be 5-12 dollar cards, actually quantifiably lowering the price barrier for playing edh with powerful decks
>>
>>47414465
I can't recall. It's in Florida though.
>>47414466
>>47414485
I'm not actually gonna buy one, was just looking at the price. Hell, i saw yesterday that rouge deckbuilder was selling his for 250.
>>
>>47406797
This Fade to Black faggot on the spoiler set is complaining because he says he's lost a grand from the spoilers today, and assumes he'll lose more if Sinkhole and Mana Drain are spoiled. Someone calls him out on it and he's like "actually I have a Black Lotus :^)"

What the fuck. This fucking faggot. What the fuck are you complaining for then? Pic related obvs.
>>
>>47406797
It's hard to get too excited as this doesn't really change anything, legacy will still be as expensive as ever because of the reserved list.
>>
>>47414534
Whereabouts in Florida? I just moved into the SW Florida area.
>>
>>47406797
all im really interested in is 12 post so i better see some common locuses, rare prim titan, and show and tell somewhere.
>>
>>47414567
Orlando.
>>
>>47414503
My feelings too especially with Tutors spoiled. EDH benefits, especially if Doubling Season gets reprinted.
>>
File: this fucking faggot.png (142 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
this fucking faggot.png
142 KB, 1600x900
>>47414545
forgot the pic because I suck cocks
>>
>>47414371
>charging the customer above MSRP
The only time my LGS deviates is when a product is not ever selling, in which case he cuts the price until resorting to ebay, or when the price is something weird like $4.28 in which case he rounds it.

Holy fuck how do these chucklefucks think they can stay in business?
>>
>>47414630
If your LGS sold FTV:20 at MSRP, they would be retarded. Why sell a product for 1/3rd of what a single card in the box is worth?
>>
>>47407711
you can't play uncle istvan in standard
checkmate atheists
>>
Vampiric tutor at mythic https://twitter.com/mtgjp/status/734942638038614016

>>47413751
>>
>>47416269
That art is pretty nice
>>
Man.

I want to be excited for this, but I've already seen how MM works. Prices will dip and then slingshot because of mythic rarity.
>>
>>47416269
the art IS nice but
>MYTHIC
and there excuse for swapping Emmara Tandris with Voice was "WE DON'T WANT CYCLES ACROSS RARITIES" fucking christ

the art for enlightened, vampiric and gamble are pretty nice so hopefully mystical and worldly are nice, too, Especially cause I want a foil worldly tutor for EDH.
>>
question
i just want to run some personal decks and want to print (obviously fake) cards that are using the real images

all of these cards will be commons, going to run 60 card common decks no sideboard

do I just glue the print onto a card? that makes the deck really friggen thick

how do people go about this?
>>
So, is there ANY chance of portal three kingdoms cards getting printed here? If not now, then when?
>>
>>47416548
They pay a chinaman to make their cards which lets you later sell the cards to unsuspecting idiots for full fucking value.
>>
>>47416530
We may get D tutor at rare
>>
>>47414628
Why would you care what some random dude thinks in the internet. Are you actualy triggered because someone else isnt on the same boat as you?

Stop your autism anon.
>>
>>47416568
I don't want to pay 50 dollars for a common card. I don't want it to look real. They're meant to play at a beer-soaked table and remake them later. Super disposable.
>>
>>47407194
mox opal was mythic. crypt is kinda better.
>>
>>47416548
You print out an image of the card real size, stick a real card in a sleeve, then put the image over the card.
>>
>>47416551

worldgorger is the other red mythic

you're not getting seal or recruiter
>>
OBLIVION STONE PLEASE AND THANK YOU
>>
>>47416799
FUCKING THIS
I DON'T THINK ANYTHING WOULD MAKE ME HAPPIER
except maybe Cabal Therapy
>>
>Only one (1) common spoiled.
All other commons are going to be shit, right?
>>
>>47416600
It's that he's bitching about his collection devaluing and when someone points out, rightly, that he had months to react to this and should've taken appropriate action, he's like "MY BLACK LOTUS WILL JUST GO UP" It seems awfully trite to complain about losing a thousand bucks on magic cards if you have a Black fucking Lotus, and if you have that you've probably got way more.
>>
Real talk

If Zen fetches aren't reprinted here, they're doubling in price.
>>
File: 1308680344862.jpg (200 KB, 756x736) Image search: [Google]
1308680344862.jpg
200 KB, 756x736
>Worldgorger at Mythic
>>
>>47416855
What if they made an entire set of mythics but the frequency did not change so a lot of the time you just opened an empty pack?

This is what I think about at 1am.
>>
>>47416856
Yes.
Why does this affect you.
Why are you posting it on an anonymous imageboard and hope someone jumps on the same boat as you and say "yeah fuck that guy" like if someone cares at all.

Why am i even replying to you, why are you even replying to me.

Fucking hell anon.
>>
>>47416916
calm down anon, you're the one getting triggered. it's related to the topic at hand and the guy's an ass. if you don't want bullying go to the EDH thread
>>
>But Maro-kun ! Baka you are forgetting something extremely important. Wheres the incredibly shitty not even draftable red junk unplayable mythic of the set.

>Goodness sake you are right ! We can't print Comet Storm again... lets see... oh yeah, lets put this shitty ass extremely useless dragon that no one ever wanted and costs like .25 cents and put him in. Whoever pulls it out of his box will most likely commit suicide shortly after.

>But we will already have the money in our pockets, fucking retards lmao.
>>
>>47416887
> I cast stifle
>>
>>47416887
Is there no balm in Gilead?
>>
File: worldgorgerdragon.jpg (46 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
worldgorgerdragon.jpg
46 KB, 265x370
How mad would you be if the only Foil Mythic/Rare you pulled out of your box is this red bad boy?

Having some Comet Storm flashbacks?
>>
>>47417029
This jewery right here is the number one reason why I don't buy sealed packs.
>>
File: 1462654640527.jpg (236 KB, 1280x1004) Image search: [Google]
1462654640527.jpg
236 KB, 1280x1004
>>47407001
..... do you actually know how the secondary market works.
>>
>>47417029
>>47416887
MUH DRAFT ENVIRONMENT
>>
File: 1464020127681.png (829 KB, 1009x728) Image search: [Google]
1464020127681.png
829 KB, 1009x728
>>47417029
>mfw
>>
>>47417029
If it isn't obvious yet, Wizards doesn't give a fuck. The fact that Comet Storm and Worldgorger are taking up a Mythic slot just escalates their lack of care to malicious intent to fuck with players in such a small enough way that they don't riot but still get angry.

Could you imagine if you worked at a restaurant and were instructed to put a bit of salmonella into every 100th dish you served? Or were a contractor and told your guys to saw half-way through every 20th load bearing beam every 50th house you built. Or were a vet and purposefully killed every 150th animal you treated.
>>
File: this is a mythic rare.jpg (338 KB, 700x747) Image search: [Google]
this is a mythic rare.jpg
338 KB, 700x747
>>47417029
It's always red, isn't it?
>>
>>47416269
>Mythic

Damn, and I was just about to sell mine.

Oh well, guess I'm keeping it since the price wont tank hard now.
>>
File: vampire sensei.png (144 KB, 256x358) Image search: [Google]
vampire sensei.png
144 KB, 256x358
>Vampiric Tutor (B)
>Instant (M)
>Search your library for a card, then shuffle your library and put that card on top of it. You lose 2 life.

Hope you guys didn't want Imperial Seal.
>>
File: erudite_image[1].jpg (5 KB, 103x216) Image search: [Google]
erudite_image[1].jpg
5 KB, 103x216
>>47417525
Well, it needed a reprint anyway. I was never a fan of the old art either, the guy reminded me of an Erudite.
>>
>>47417442
This is just conspiracy talk but the last thing Wizards wants is players realizing that Red actually has all the potential in the world to be a non-aggro color. Burn spells can be used in a control shell, Wildfire was a great sweeper/finisher, and the creatures can stabilize as well as any other color's creatures.

But it is not beneficial to have all those idiot RDW shitters complaining that they can't get the cards they want because suddenly red is, god forbid, flexible.

So every Red spell we get at Mythic is probably going to be crap or a aggro-centric dragon just to remind other players not to start desiring cards that would make RDW players angry. For my Cube I went through the past 5 years of red spells and they consist of burn, falters, threatens, and unplayable land/artifact death. Faithless Looting is actually the most "innovative" Red card they've printed in a very long time, and it's just fucking Careful Study with Flashback.

The lack of variety is true in all colors. But in Red it is so obvious it hurts.
>>
>>47417346
>Purposefully kill every 150th animal you treated.
Wait, we aren't supposed to do this?
shit, a lot of animals died for what was essentially nothing.
>>
File: 168.jpg (67 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
168.jpg
67 KB, 312x445
>>47417607
>Faithless Looting is actually the most "innovative" Red card they've printed in a very long time, and it's just fucking Careful Study with Flashback.
In a similar vein, they did a good job with this guy IMO
>>
>>47417029
>not building Minus Six
>>
>>47417525
>yfw they reprint Imperial Seal on the throwaway card of the pack
>>
>>47417525
Neat, the rarity hurts a little. A lot at this point. God I'm terrified of what the commons and uncommons will be
>>
>>47417682
Wait for the lightning bolt reprint to judge the set. If it's at common, then things might be ok, if it's not, then the set is trash
>>
>>47417699
The biggest problem with the rarity jumps is that the cards that desperately need the reprint due to their high monetary cost are being shunted into a rarity slot that will not do much to increase the supply
>>
>>47417607

you might be right but you certainly didnt pick very good cards to illustrate your points

worldgorger dragon has nothing to do with red deck wins, its a janky combo card or an all in fatty with a ridiculous drawback

comet storm is a ramp or control finisher card, in much the same way wildfire supports an artifact ramp deck

red has always been both an aggro and a control color
>>
>>47417784
Jesus Christ, how can you possibly talk about supply and cost of cards needing reprints when any charity with these reprints is meaningless when the Reserve List is still in place.

Who gives a fuck if they reprint or fail to reprint some cards the original duals are not coming back - the end.
>>
i hope wasteland drops to a reasonable price

they might finally ban the overpowered strip mine in edh, which i think wouldnt be appropriate with wasteland sitting at $80 or whatever it was

wasteland is perfectly balanced, strong enough for legacy but not broken, the perfect old staple card

strip mine is busted and i hate it
>>
>>47409455
kataki is modern legal, so probably not

it will probably be some bullshit like lin sivvi. although they just reprinted cataclysm, i could see that getting in again.
>>
Will it be worth buying single packs?
>>
>>47407037
Some folks might be buying just to sit on the case for a few years, and sell it when it becomes sufficiently valuable. I like cracking packs, but will be waiting for the set to be mostly spoiled before I make any decision.
>>
>>47417836
>Balancing around EDH.

They only need to cut out the easy infinite no fun combos and interactions and thats it. Everything else is fair game.
>>
>>47417029
Someone tell a casual like me what that's doing here, you get two out or one and something to fuck around with it and sit back and watch ETB triggers pop forever and hopefully win or is there something else

Hey at least Red's gonna get some powerful rares, right? Blood Moon wasn't gonna be a mythic.
>>
>>47416269
>Gamble is rare
>Vamp is mythic
Yes Vamp is way better but bearing in mind the colours, what gives?
>>
>>47418169
Vamp is valuable. Can't have those collector prices go down, goy!
>>
>>47418080

i disagree, strip mine is way easier to break than most infinite combos

just the smallest amount of recursion can make strip mine on the play a complete blowout, but i guess thats why the 1v1 french edh rules ban strip mine but not the multiplayer banlist
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 49

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.