[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Warmachine/Hordes general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 5
File: lockload.jpg (109 KB, 1128x659) Image search: [Google]
lockload.jpg
109 KB, 1128x659
Warmachine/Hordes Books, No Quarter, & IKRPG
>textuploader <dot> com / 5f980
PP Youtube (gameplay tutorials, tournament coverage, and announcements)
>https://www.youtube.com/user/PrivateerPressPrime
List building at
>https://www.forwardkommander.com
>http://schlaf.github.io/whac_online/whac.html
Latest Errata
>http://privateerpress.com/files/WM%20MKII%20Rules%20Errata%20Jan%202016.pdf
Steamroller Rules
>http://privateerpress.com/organized-play/steamroller-tournaments
The Giant List of Podcasts and Blogs
>http://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?76379-Warmachine-Hordes-related-blogs-websites-and-forums
Table of contents for all NQ issues
>http://www.privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?4313-Table-Of-Contents-For-All-No-Quarter-Issu
Your Dudes
>http://privateerpress.com/community/privateer-insider/insider-2-3-2014
Abridged Lore
>gargantuans abridged:http://pastebin.com/XPKMKYUc
>hordes abridged:http://pastebin.com/6D1fwSgv

Lexicanum Iron Kingdoms Lore wiki:
>http://warmachine.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
>>
Dead game, Dead thread.
>>
>>44937476
Janissa isn't bad in the list, but your other list might need her more, especially because this one doesn't have an Earthborn. It depends.

I'd consider Fennblades. They're really good with Madrak2. They can easily slice open a heavy and add some much-needed speed to the list.

In general you want stuff with reach, to make the feat hurt as much as possible. And of course because reach is pretty great anyway. I'd say one unit of Warders is enough though. You lose too much by bringing a second. Long Riders might also be nice, but I haven't seen them with Madrak2.
>>
Did this game genuinely die?
>>
>>44937583
Warmahordes is not your brain and this thread is not your penis.
So, no.

Question: I have a 35pts Legion army and I'm quite inexperienced yet. Currently I don't have Shredders, and I don't plan on playing Carniveans (I largely prefer the Scythean).
Should I get at least a Shredder to have a defensive boost Animus? Or is it preferable to use Carnivean instead of Scythe + Shredder?
>>
>>44937629
Not really, no.

Tournament players burnt themselves out being cocksuckers like they always are, and are now either fellating themselves and being overjoyed that PGI started actually nerfing shit, or fisting themselves being angry their cookie cutter lost it's molecular diamond sharp edge.
>>
>>44937629
>~15 min old thread doesn't have thousands of replies
This is not /v/. If your ADHD cannot handle slower conversations then I advise you to return to there.

>>44937641
That depends largely on your caster. The shredder however is probably one of the best investments you'll make in Legion. So, what casters are you going to play?
>>
>>44937699
At the moment I have Saeryn (out of the army box) and Absylonia 2.
I prefer the latter for fluff, look and theme, although considering the 'beasts I have her feat loses some kick (Seraph and Angelius already have Flight, Angelius, Raek and Scythean already have Reach ...)
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (217 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
217 KB, 1920x1080
So /tg/ers, any good Warmachine/Hordes battle reports you want to share? How was your last game?
>>
Noob here. What's the point of different casters? Like sorcha and epic sorcha. Obviously their stats are different. So what are the stipulations, advantages and disadvantages of using them. Is it a lore thing? Any elaborate response would be helpful. Or a link to an explanation if you're lazy.
>>
>>44938035
I'm too terrible to really share any good reports. My last game was against Grissel1 and let me just say: Warders are still viable, though maybe not in pairs anymore.

>>44938169
Different versions of a character (so for example Nemo1, Nemo2 and Nemo3) represent the same character at different points in time. They usually play drastically different from a gameplay perspective. Remember: The choice of caster in WMH has a much higher impact than, say, the selection of HQs in WH40k.
>>
>>44938169
Caster have 'negative' cost. Each caster gives you a number of extra points to spend, instead of costing points; thing is, you canspend those points only for your battlegroup (which means, the 'jacks or 'beasts assigned to that caster).
>>
>>44937890
Well does this tournament allow for multiple lists? Basically every one I've been to are 2-list-tournaments. That means that you bring two lists and select one before each game.

With Absylonia2 you can definitely go for the Carnivean. It's not the most popular build, but certainly not unheard of. Combine this with any other Dragonspawn and a Seraph, add in some support and you've got a great list. Absylonia will give almost every beast something it already has. It's just something you'll have to live with.

Saeryn might actually be a good pairing with Absylonia2, though you'd need an actual Legion player to advise you with that. Her list will look similar to what you'd play with Absylonia, except that she likes the Angelius a lot more and the Carnivean a lot less.

Oh and both love the Reak. Absylonia can play without lesser warbeasts or the pot, but you'll definitely not regret getting both (the Spawning Vessel and a blister of lesser warbeasts each) as they basically work with any caster.
>>
>>44937629

It had a very serious moment a few months ago where the top dawgs were not feeling the game and people were leaving in droves. my meta anyways

Things are better now and people are cheesing less and less. All of our newish TB plays rage quit though, mainly because Runes of War and EE were the only lists they owned.

The Truebloods still play their faction though.
>>
>>44938496
>Runes of War
Is also still crazy good. Even with the anticipated wall nerf in SR2016.
>>
>>44938496
As a TB player I'm fine with the EE nerf. Like what >>44938511 said, runes is still pretty good its just no where near as good as it was before. They were probably trying to open up list diversity (although this was probably the wrong way to do it).

The thing that gets me the most is the warder nerf. It just seems like it came straight out of left field. Everyone else at my group said that the warder nerf was either to far or was just uncalled for.
>>
File: Borka_Kegslayer.jpg (161 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
Borka_Kegslayer.jpg
161 KB, 640x640
I don't usually share lists, but why not. Borka1 list that's pretty good but mostly for fun. I got to kill two Glacier Kings with it yesterday

Borka Kegslayer - WB: +5
- Pyg Keg Carrier
- Troll Axer - PC: 6
- Mulg the Ancient - PC: 12
- Pyre Troll - PC: 5

Fell Caller Hero - PC: 3

Krielstone Bearer & Stone Scribes - Leader & 5 Grunts: 4
- Stone Scribe Elder - Elder 1
Northkin Fire Eaters - Leader, Grunt, and Pyg Buddy: 4
Northkin Fire Eaters - Leader, Grunt, and Pyg Buddy: 4
Trollkin Fennblades - Leader & 9 grunts: 8
- Fennblade Officer and Drummer - Officer & Drummer 2
Pyg Burrowers - Leader & 9 Grunts: 6
>>
>>44938926
>no where near as good
You just have to use Janissas wall now to camp a zone. That doesn't even sound like that much of a loss.
>>
What exactly is a theme list
>>
>>44939291
A list tied to a caster that restricts you to certain list options. The more restrictions you take, the more benefits you get for it.
>>
>>44937533
Gaspy has too many slayers in that picture
>>
>>44939320
So only applicable for tournaments and nit casual play?
>>
>>44939350
Applicable for both, though to be honest, some of them are rather terrible.
>>
>>44939391
What are the top 3 best in your opinion
>>
>>44939350
Usually not worth considering for tournament play except in rare circumstances. Otherwise they're just for fun fluffy games.
>>
>>44939450
Post nerf Wold War, Runes of War, and Machinations of Shadow. Special mention goes to Butcher2 all of Doom Reavers
>>
>>44939450
Well Runes of War and Fist of Haram are faction-defining. I'd put Machinations of Shadows in there too, even though it doesn't do much that the faction doesn't do already. It's still a really mean package.

Those are three different factions though. Why are you asking?
>>
>>44939450
Runes, machinations, the arkadius one
>>
>>44939473
>>44939469
>>44939450
Evolutionary Elementalism and Body and Soul are both still pretty good post nerf but no one plays them anymore due to overwhelming butthurt.

Goreshade2 is rare but plays a pretty awesome Bane Thrall theme list. Doomy3 is still new but expect to see Immovable Mountains here and there with double Glacier Kings.

Other than those I can't think of anything else that actually sees competitive play
>>
>>44939662
Well there's also W9V, Mad Dogs, The Great Machine, Sustained Attack, The Huntsman, death's Wings, Chain Gang and Nature of the Beast for completeness' sake. And the others see close to no play.
>>
>>44938035
Those models all look really great.
>>
>>44939739
Forgot about Ret. No one plays them in my meta anymore

Is Sustained Attack the Axis theme force? That one is pretty awesome too
>>
And forcewall
>>
>>44937641
Anon, Shredders are so fun though.

A pack of eyeless sight pathfinders that swarm shit and get boosted attack and damage for 1 fury and 2 attacks? With a good animus? They piss people off maybe more than any other 2 point model in the game.
>>
>>44937583
>>44937641
These two replies might as well be incorporated into the sticky.
To say that the joke is getting stale is an understatement.
>>
>>44939802
Yeah, they do. They're not mine though (I'm the one who posted the picture), it's from this battle report: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nz_UskDACHk
>>
>>44941659
It's like an old rite to banish the evil that is >>44937583 ; the prayer isn't funny, but it keeps us safe.
>>
>>44941942
Yeah I post it to get it out of the way.

It's usually a page ten bump btw

I of course don't mean it.

Also I'm happy I don't have to make these threads anymore. Fills me with hope and shit.
>>
>>44942180
I did it for a long time, glad someone else does it now. It's cool you guys still use my OP that I made like a year ago
>>
File: kind of shit.jpg (222 KB, 800x655) Image search: [Google]
kind of shit.jpg
222 KB, 800x655
>>44936315

They don't do it because it's a waste of time and resources. They're natural defenses are so good and their engineering so solid that they don't really need to produce new chassis of 'jacks just for the purpose of war. As for the clan system, it works because every clan is pretty much guaranteed to have some fighting force because of the way their legal system works. Unlike humans, Rhulfolk *will* rally around their state without fail when it is threatened, so the clans' military assets are a good, accessible resource.

But, to answer your real question, if Rhul actually turned its industry to offensive war, the result would be fucking monstrous. The 'jacks based on the driller and basher chassis are admittedly not the greatest, but the gunbunnies and especially the Erfburekka!!! are good at what they do. Not to mention all the warcasters and experienced troops that would be levied. Gorton and Durgen would probably be commanders or something, and Ossrum would be a general, obviously.
>>
>>44942302
I updated the errata link. Is there anything else that needs updating?
>>
>>44942382
Looks fine to me. At this point you might take the list of podcasts off since that thread is never updated now
>>
>>44942382
Has NQ 64 been added to the list?
>>
>>44942788
Has a link to NQ 64 been posted at all?
>>
>>44943211
>>44942788
Nope and nope
>>
>>44938035
Last game was on the day of the errata. I'd wanted to try Vlad2's Steam and Steel tier, and the Bombardier buff was enough to push me over the edge.

Played against Zaal2 tier, so it was a slog. I didn't have the volume of attacks to make much headway against his Immortals, and he was having a hard time chewing through my ARM. I held back on the Bombardiers, and they got the CRA assassination in the end. They still need a point reduction and probably +2 RNG, but if you're going to take Bombardiers the CRA is nice.
>>
>>44938035
I dusted off my cryx and played against my friends mercs. I brought Pdenny and he took pMagnus and it was the 2015 scenario with two flags, two objectives and a center zone. Ended up winning on scenario by holding one flag and jamming McThralls into the middle of the zone.
>>
>>44943211
Yes, in the last thread
>>
>>44938035
Great. I almost won my last game, my lich2 into his Vayl2 tier. I would have won if I had one more minute on my clock
>>
>>44944065
http://www38.zippyshare.com/v/EQYQPCq9/file.html
>>
Bump bump bumpity
>>
I kinda want to grab the Blightbringer, but I don't really have an idea on which caster I should run it with. I don't have pThags or Kallus, though I might as well buy one of them while I'm buying the BB.

Anyone here have any good experiences or list ideas with the BB that can convince me to pick up the big ass slug?
>>
So can someone sell me on Khador or Menoth as a faction? Being able to blow the crap out of things with artillery with bunches of men, or taking it on the chin and giving it back appeals to me.
>>
>>44945857
I hate how it looks, but its probably the best garg
>>
>>44942361
The avalancher isn't just "kind of shit"
>>
File: iaUVe1qcffixo.jpg (99 KB, 485x750) Image search: [Google]
iaUVe1qcffixo.jpg
99 KB, 485x750
>>44944065
>>44944130
Thanks I somehow missed that.
>>
>>44946013
Honestly Khador is not a retaliatory faction.

Neither is Menoth. Menoth and Khador are more about getting stuff delivered.

If you want to actually take things to the face, trolls and cygnar do a better job
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.