[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Of all the female characters you've played, which one are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 188
Thread images: 37
Of all the female characters you've played, which one are you most proud of?
>>
>>47391326
The only time I ever played a female character was in a PbP game I bailed out of pretty early. She was barely characterized. Sadly, because she was a female paladin and therefore waifu material
>>
>>47391326
My barbarian man with tits; played her as any other character of mine, except her cut could deadlift a hundred pounds on its own.

If anyone questioned her personality, I just asked them why it was relevant to the game.
>>
File: 1463180311917.jpg (285 KB, 600x849) Image search: [Google]
1463180311917.jpg
285 KB, 600x849
>>47391407
So zarya?
>>
>>47391447
Want to see zarya in a wedding drezz

My one was a criminal warlock. One player tried to roll seduce on my character and she responded with playing a game of bet. She gained a slave that day
>>
>>47391407
>personality
>why is this relevant to the game
They are called role play games.
>>
>>47392171
I remember this podcast where some cunt went on a feminist rant because the GM asked what her character was wearing. Keep in mind that said character was attending a royal gala, a setting where what you're wearing is pretty fucking important regardless of your gender.
>>
>>47391326
Currently playing a campaign with a character that started out as a petty criminal who discovered some ancient evil that she made bargains with to try to get out of a really bad spot. She's now one the main claimants to the throne and her relationship with the ancient evil has gotten quasi-romantic.

A lot of that character development is thanks to the DM, obviously, but I'm happy that I've had a campaign go long enough for really crazy shit to start happening.
>>
Ten minutes before coming to a pathfinder one off I decided it would.be fun to play a centaur magical girl. Then every one played magical monster girls. It was a weird night.
>>
>>47391326
WoD: Vampire - Gangrel ecoterrorist. I've essentially played her composing various personality traits of three female friends of mine.
>>
File: 1338864259432.jpg (423 KB, 781x750) Image search: [Google]
1338864259432.jpg
423 KB, 781x750
>>47391326
>Of all the female characters you've played, which one are you most proud of?
I haven't played any, im a dude.
>>
File: rsl 4-27.jpg (114 KB, 800x468) Image search: [Google]
rsl 4-27.jpg
114 KB, 800x468
>>47392302
>>
>>47391326
A mute and illiterate barbarian who really doesn't trust psionics. She's oneechan as fuck and can get her point across without words (or violence). She's also a strict vegetarian and really hates killing people
>>
>>47392302
Where does his beard ends and where does her hair starts ?
>>
>>47392453
It doesn't.
>>
>>47392302
You sound like Virt

Anyway, my one was a slightly psycho Jpop Idol for a cyberpunk game. She was handy at finding improvised things to hurt people with. And singing.
>>
>>47391326
A d20 mad max style setting. I played a loose cannon cop on the edge.
I had my police badge tied onto improvised armor, was a nigress with a dope afro, that had a sassy personality with a desire for people to dispense justice across the mean streets of the ruins of chicago, and her squeeze was an ex-hooker with a heart of gold. Best of all, my weapon was a police baton with nails in it.

I called it "brutality".

Because of my mannerisms, the campaign soon took on a blacksploitation vibe, and Diamond "4ever" Starr became the savior of the wasteland. Like Fist of the North Star, but more pick combs.
>>
File: beardhair.png (1 MB, 781x750) Image search: [Google]
beardhair.png
1 MB, 781x750
>>47392453
>>
Played a female Navigator in a Rogue Trader game. Basically played her as a noblewoman mixed with the aesthetics of HBO Rome's Cleopatra. She acted like royalty, was slightly batshit insane, wore the finest finery, large wigs (she was otherwise completely hairless) and all the jewellery. She was carried in a palanquin even onboard the ship by her servants, and usually reclined on large mounds of pillows.

She was also the Captain's mistress, who was played by a friend. It was super fun to play her, and I rather miss her.
>>
>>47391326
Hard call, most likely Chromewolf. My furry shadowrunner. She wanted digigrade legs, a tail, and pretty mcuh the entire transhuman furry garbage. Because she was a real wolf trapped in a human body!

It was hilarious to play. Her looking through cybernetics manuals and the like, balancing what she needed to survive the essence loss, survive the dangerous work she was doing, survive the rent and upkeep costs and how close she would be to her ideal self.

Also, ranting about her rights, being oppressed, visiting fetish clubs, practicing martial arts and beating up the adept for comparing her combat style more akin to cats than to a wolf since their fixer was adamant that he would immediatly stop giving us runs if she had her face removed into a maw.

I basically made the other three characters in the group feel guilty for taking distinctive style because they were "really pretty" and "looking like she's constantly afraid".

She also became the leader later on. Mostly because she was actually trying to get everyone back home safely and a sense of fairness.
>>
>>47391326
Female Jack seems oddly attractive for some reason
>>
>>47392996
I would.
>>
>>47393024
Honorably.
>>
>>47392996
>>47393024
>>47393110
>implying she would let you
you have not yet earned the right to face her blade
>>
>>47392187
>I remember this podcast where some cunt went on a feminist rant because the GM asked what her character was wearing. Keep in mind that said character was attending a royal gala, a setting where what you're wearing is pretty fucking important regardless of your gender.
Yeah, that's when I stopped listening to that one.

Yesh.
>>
City gangrel crust punk drag racer.
>>
A Cuban Technomancer from an Amazonia campaign in shadowrun. Couldn't lift a damn thing and whined in the jungle that she was away from her e-sports.

If only for the one session where the Phys Adept and I came up with a dumb plan to punch a Force 10 fire spirit to death with remote-detonated fire extinguishers attached to his wrists while tied to a toe truck crane for a quick getaway.
>>
>>47391326
Deirdre Ironquarry. !Dwarf Druid / changeling master of many forms. Oh god she was great... right up to the point where the party found out she was a changeling and murdered her because paranoia.
>>
Tumbrina on the outside, fedora lord on the inside South-Facing Devil-Tiger.
She makes a big deal out of being a monster and showing off her powers, but at the core of it she mainly just wants revenge on everyone who ever pissed her off. She's to some degree accomplishing her goal of becoming a true monster (as she recently gained Dharma for edgily murdering a school bully), but at the core of it she's just an edgemaster.
>>
>>47392034
I want to see Zaria and Grandpa Jane Doe and Grandma Zhanna
>>
File: l148369338.jpg (25 KB, 400x304) Image search: [Google]
l148369338.jpg
25 KB, 400x304
>>47393139
I would give her some rice balls.
What does that have to do with blades?
>>
>>47393157
>>47392187

which one was this?
>>
>>47391326
Fire mage noblewoman errant. I was going to spec her into a wondrous item crafter, but life interrtupted.

She was a complete bitch.
>>
>>47391326
>ywn have an honourable samurai princess gf
Life fucking sucks
>>
>>47391326
Would she still be Samurai Jack? What would those future ravers call her instead of jack?

Samurai Bae?
>>
>>47394228
Jackie, I guess
>>
>>47393555
Godsfall
>>
>>47394295
JACKIIIEE!
Aku is a powerful wizard.
He can alter the very fabric of reality.

One more thing!
Take this bra. You will need it.

One mooooore thing!
Buy some tea on the way back. The leaves you bought last time where not bitter enough.
>>
File: female scottsman.png (147 KB, 500x409) Image search: [Google]
female scottsman.png
147 KB, 500x409
>>47394186
you saying you wouldn't want an inebriated Scottish qt?
>>
Two.

Super cute and tomboyish brown /m/agical girl who had a crush on her martial arts coach (who was an obvious Domon Kasshu named just Coach because my GM fucking loved references). Stood out for being the only heterosexual PC in the game and for being absolutely atrocious at magic but showing up everyone in the world by sheer HOT BLOOD and old-style punching. Ended the campaign by FALCON PUNCHing Zeus to death and leaving to other worlds with Coach looking for adventure.
>>
>>47394443
I kinda want to hear how she'd insult Jackie when they first meet.
>>
>>47394443
Ok, this way the kitty fanny pack makes sense
>>
>>47394326
>>47393157
Do you guys happen to remember the episode? I want to hear this person just be salty about something completely irrelevant.
>>
A drow with too much booze inside her system and some idiot gave her guns.
>>
>>47394443
Fuck no, scottish girls are awful, they make irish girls look good in comparison.
>>
>>47391326
Pathfinder, inquisitor of Calistria.
Joined after the campaign had been going for a while. She got involved by being generally nefarious. An unapologetic liar and flirt who was good at disguise.

She was fun for causing mayhem and killing gay love rivals (or trying, at any rate).
>>
>>47391326
>Samurai Jack
>Not Onna-bugeisha Jack
>>
>>47395272
>scottish girls are awful
for example?
>>
Man, Jack really does not work as a girl.
>>
>>47394514
Isn't that just his wife then?
>>
>>47395272
It's well known that what's awful in real life works well in 2D. Actual tsunderes, kuuderes, and yanderes would be terrible people to be around, but as imaginary waifus they become cute in their own odd ways.
>>
File: DY9qSbr.jpg (40 KB, 750x384) Image search: [Google]
DY9qSbr.jpg
40 KB, 750x384
>>47391326
The one I'm playing right now. She's a total non-murderhobo nut-case shut-in with stupid levels of crafting and disarming. Despite her incredible INT score, she's lacking in WIS and CHA (found ways to make stuff gain bonuses off INT) and thus misunderstands normal practice. She's pretty much a high-operating NEET madwoman.

Pic related is her mindset. She's great.
>>
>>47393506
u no
>>
>>47391326
i have not played a female character because i'm bad at roleplay and try to keep my characters as simple as possible.

i am an aspie, if anyone asks
>>
>>47391326
Does controlling female NPC's as a DM count?
>>
>>47395803
yes
>>
I rolled a Female fighter that built into Crossbow Mastery by 4th level. Stacked with Quickdraw, I used a Tower shield that I would plant down, and then snipe around it while staying out of combat. Eventually enchanted my heavy crossbow, and had my tower shield as a floating shield that could plant itself.

Skye Farrel, the human Arbalest.
>>
File: guix02.jpg (65 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
guix02.jpg
65 KB, 640x360
>>47394228
Jack-o
>>
>>47394443
Does she have the machinegun leg?
>>
File: SamJack-06-pr-8-80e2a.jpg (192 KB, 900x1384) Image search: [Google]
SamJack-06-pr-8-80e2a.jpg
192 KB, 900x1384
>>47396118
yes
>>
>>47394440
I can't help but read it in his voice.
>>
A jacked half-elf life cleric in plate armor who looks like Nazi war propaganda because elves actually are Nazis in the setting.She doesn't approve though, her goddess steered her down a different path Currently stuck in Ravenloft due to DM fiat. Runs around bashing heads and healing peasants to convert them to her religion.
>>
>>47395794
I've played female characters every now and then amd always put a lot of effort in making them as distinct and complex as I humanely can. Over the years I've gotten better and better at roleplaying to the point I'm the best at it at the table by a long shot.

I also am an aspie.

Stop using assburgers as an excuse to be a non-functional, subpar human being and start utilizing it on your favour.
>>
I don't play female PCs as a rule. I save my good female character ideas for my writing or for NPCs. Sometimes both.

I did make a female NPC for a "weird apocalypse" game in the style of Apocalypse World, but using the Savage Worlds system cause I couldn't get anyone to try Apocalypse World.

She was a daughter of bandit leaders holed up in a hospital. They had died so she had taken over. So it was a 17 year old girl leading a bunch of post-apocalyptic bandits. They listened to her because she was good at shooting and had weird visions that made them think she was some kind of messiah. I was hoping the PCs would keep her alive and she would be a good narrative vehicle for exposition and also a qt waifu who might reluctantly help them fight.

They knocked her unconscious and cut her spine so she couldn't walk, then threw her in the back of their pickup truck and forgot about her.

They refused to put her out of her misery and now she is dying a slow painful death from horrible infection. She can't move or control her bowels at all so she is in the most miserable state I can imagine.

We haven't played that campaign in a few months but when we go back to it I really hope they just shoot her.
>>
File: 1462587735535.png (28 KB, 500x223) Image search: [Google]
1462587735535.png
28 KB, 500x223
>>47391447
>>
>>47395272
Look at these qts, how can you not love them?
>>
The campaign went balls up before I pulled it off, but my masterpiece was going to be to get my character killed and reroll as another PCs estranged wife who had been mentioned on multiple occasions, right after said PC's son died.
>>
>>47391326
I've played one female character. A bookish, 20 odd year old half vampire necromancer, the half vampire part being a secret. She would bloodlet enemies in secret, and keep her stashes of blood hidden away. She'd sneek a drink every so often, at which point I'd immediatly play her as more outgoing and hyped up.
>>
The one that became queen.
>>
Played a high elf wizard who made most of the party's magical weapons and armor, with a back story of her exploring the world and getting involved in some geo-political affairs to see if her city could come out of their pocket dimension and not get assraped by the BBEG - who had been hunting for the city for the better part of 1,000 years - within 5 seconds.

It was kind of like playing someone from a higher, more technologically advanced era and sending them back to the Renaissance era.
>>
>>47391326

I don't play female characters. That'd just be massive cringe.
>>
>>47395107

To be perfectly honest, the woman *did* have a point with her triggered rant.

The DM didn't ask why she was at the gala, or how she felt about the whole thing, or if she had any opinions on the introduced NPCs, or a million other things that make sense for introducing a character to a campaign.

Instead he asked her a question that could be answered in one confused blurb, "I'm at a ball? So a dress?"

The woman was a thin-skinned harpy, but the DM was a slimy nu-male spilling the spaghetti when a GURL joined the campaign.
>>
>>47399323
> nu-male
Don't use that stupid fucking term. If you're going to describe someone, do it in a way people will be willing to figure out what you mean by.

Propagating it at all is shitty of you.
>>
>>47399388

>Use a better term

>He was a beta-personality dweeb that was more concerned with how hot the PC looked in her dress than establishing her as a character.

Better? He tried to pull a sleezeball and she shut him down.
>>
>>47392187
See, this makes me wish I was there for this. My most recent character is a narcissistic ass with every fashion conscious trait imaginable who would have absolutely been ready to rip her a new one about what she was wearing.

He's also an effeminate male who crossdresses for no better reason than he looks good in a dress. Let's see her social justice warrior that shit. It'd be kinda fun considering that he's a mostly straight, white male. I just saw that I could have a hex that made his hair constantly fabulous and decided that he'd be an absolute preening diva that absolutely lived up to the haughty princess archetype apart from the fact that he was a dude.
>>
>>47391326
I played a female half-giant or something similar since it was just premade characters. Apparently she gained a reputation for being the team mom since I generally try to keep everyone on rails with not fighting each other. The only real time I played a female in a campaign and arguably the most popular character I've played though I don't know if I'm proud of it.
>>
>>47399323
A. What the fuck is a "nu-male"?
B. So answer the fucking question if it's one short blurb.
C. A good roleplayer could have gone further than that. Maybe she's dressing a little understated to remain inconspicuous, maybe it is "just a dress, I guess", or maybe she's pulling out all the stops with that dress. These are all possibilities which are, as you pointed out, very quickly answered, but all valuable information to determine how NPCs should react to her.
D. Why the fuck should the DM hold her hand about who she feels or what her opinions are? You roleplay that. No one should bother to stop every couple of minutes for a little sitdown to see how people feel about shit. If your players aren't shit they'll roleplay how their characters feel about it and then you can chat about what they thought afterward. If anything was all that objectionable just assume they'd say something.

Kinda assuming you're a forever player who's never GMed before because otherwise you'd understand the need for simple questions for simple answers and the fact that anyone "triggered" by such a simple question is a shitlord that doesn't belong interacting with others.
>>
I've actually never played a female character. All of my characters tend to have just enough of me in them that I think they'd be weird as women.

If I have a good idea for a female character it comes out as an NPC. From what I understand I've had quite a few memorable female NPCs as well.
>>
File: baby.jpg (158 KB, 640x1009) Image search: [Google]
baby.jpg
158 KB, 640x1009
>play in evil campaign because thats what dm wants to run
>make a ranger/blackguard
>name the bitch Julianna
>party engages in evil shenigans in a quest for power and to start our own kingdom
>make a deal with demon for power
>get knocked up
>spend most of time as a bloated ballon forging shady alliances and looking for ideal spot for operations while party derps around
>base is located far off in the wilderness away from goody goody prying eyes
>fast foward a bit
>itty bitty baby blackguard is born
>dm finished reading "The Thousand Orcs"
>guess what he wants to throw at me while rest of party is away
>do the best I can with what little forces i have until party comes back
>during siege blackguard bitch becomes more and more concerned with the fate of her child rather than herself
>undergoes change of heart
>as game progresses character is still tyrannical but less evil as she tries to make the best for her demon baby
>party is real edgy evil
>Julianna's decisions become less popular
>She is almost one alignment away from being a paladin
>character is framed for attacks against our organization
>party don't need no proof for retaliation
>first to go is the baby
>take out the mage and rogue because they thought it was smart to fight the ranger/blackguard without waiting for the fighter
>die to the fighter
>even though the campaign ended after that it was a really fun campaign and she ended up being one of my best fleshed out characters
>>
>>47391326
That should be Onnabugueisha Jack.
>>
>>47395409
>>47400465
weebs
>>
>>47399473
Nu-males aren't sleazy as much as pussies
>>
>>47400456
If your alignment starts to shift good in a group full of edgelords you gotta make sure that you're ready to kill them all if it comes to it. Evil respects power and you should embody it.

If you can't embody it at least be well enough respected that you know what's off limits.

I'm the LN character in a LE party at this point and we all have an understanding that if this arrangement goes south there are certain people who are very much off limits. It works because the second anyone touches our loved ones we'd torch half a continent as retaliation (and the guy who doesn't have a family is REALLY big on the whole living forever thing so if he goes after mine the rest are damn sure going to consider what he might do to theirs)
>>
>>47391326
Bronwyn Varadi, Priestess of FREEDOM. She had a sacred sword style practiced by her temple, and she was adamantly opposed to forcing someone to make choices between "bad" and "also bad." She convinced a major villain in our game that they were needlessly walking down a path to their own misery, and started them on the path to redemption, all during a deathly combat.
She brushed off the advances of men (you attract a few, with Charisma 14) because she was still devoted to her education as a priestess, but she did plan on marrying someday and hoped that she would be blessed with children. At 19 years of age, she'd had a few relationships that ended sourly, but figured she still has time to find someone who's worth it.
Playing her was a lot of fun. I gave her traits that I like seeing in people, and she kind of became a conduit for me to express how I think people should act toward one another, and how one ought to react to negative circumstances and people in life. Consequently she also became the kind of person I'd fall for if I ever met.
She looks like this << but younger and with no makeup.
>>
>>47400671
the rogue and the mage were still bashed my characters baby's head against the crib knowing full well that even if i hadn't killed them during the fight a goddamn demon would. fighter only finished me off because hes a good role player and why should he share power when he can have it all to himself.
>>
>>47395272

>they make irish girls look good in comparison

Someone's never spent a night with a Irish girl.
>>
>>47400671
I like to consider myself a good role player even when things start to head south and to be honest i kind of saw something like this coming as soon as the baby came because dm likes to target loved ones. i just didnt see it coming at that time and from my team
>>
Haven't actually played her yet, was wondering if the concept sounded too edgy.

>half-orc cleric
>human mother who was raped during an orc raid
>knows of three other women who were raped by the same orc during the raid
>those half-siblings of hers became thieves/murderers themselves - one is dead, one is locked up, one is whereabouts unknown
>she wants to make up for her perceived evil heritage, is traveling with a party to do good in the world
>pacifist, not because she thinks all violence is wrong, but she's afraid the orc blood in her would make her enjoy it.
>When she asked her jailed half-brother why he did what he did, he told her "because I liked it."
>will give up that pacifism if she's ever in a fight or die situation with the rest of the party either unconscious or absent, and seeing how she'll handle actually fighting sounds fun

Already talked to the party about the pacifism bit. They love the idea of a dedicated healer/buffer, we've never had a good one in the party before.
>>
sounds cool for a little side thing you could have her travel to find out what exactly makes some creatures evil like hags and harpies and shit
>>
>>47391326
>The Princess of... Let's call it Albion since it's Britain for all intents and purposes
>Average height, long curly dark hair, and light blue eyes
>Total cold prima maddonna and fashion bitch
>Really crap personality
>Is a total cunt to the party at the ball, giving the Barbarian He-Man chick from Vinland a hard time for not having any social skills
>Finds out the Barbarian is essentially a gender swapped Conan, doesen't give a shit and spreads rumors about her anyway with the gay Knight fag
>Apocalypse happens. Not!Rome falls into the sea, Not!HRE distentigrates into civil war as a little ice age takes hold, the Pope tries to make one of the more religious merchant cities his new seat, Cossacks swarm from the east like Locusts over a field, the continent is engulfed in war
>Bitch is abandoned by her Knights who flee to their holdings as Albion falls into anarchy
>She's stuck with She-Woman, Ser Milo, Don Quixote, and Fantasy Putin

Turned into a fairly fun campaign where my Princess spent most of the time complaining about stupid shit, with She-Woman being the closest thing in the party she has to a friend. Why? Well... She-Woman apparently feels sorry for her. Oh, and Putin tries to install her on the throne as a puppet. Backfires and Milo now rules Fantasy Britain.
>>
>>47392251
But was it fun?
>>
>>47397110
I think I vaguely remember a thread about her...

It would be a mercy kill to put her out of her misery to be honest.
>>
>>47400691
So you basically made a waifu. You could've just said so...
>>
>>47391407
"Man With Tits" sounds like a parody Native American name.
>>
>>47391326
To be honest, playing a female character now doesn't sound too bad...
>>
I played a DnD 4e Witch based on pic related. I wrote up a few short stories for her backstory, based on her falling in love and her mother killing her lover in favour of someone more royal. That's why she became a witch, to get revenge upon her mum. Was sort of fun desu, all she wanted was to start a new life in fantasy Caribbean.
>>
>>47400940
Sounds good to me, I like it.
>>
>>47391326
Easy, I only ever played one girl.
She was an Arbitratrix in an impromptu Dark Heresy game run by some /k/omando. I'm proud of how I played her but fucktarded me then didn't show up the next week.
>>
File: 1463108713565.jpg (640 KB, 886x1600) Image search: [Google]
1463108713565.jpg
640 KB, 886x1600
>>47391326
Pic related - she had a surprising amount of character development, despite the short length of the campaign, and she was one of my most emotionally developed characters.

Also, a recent character that could only be done by text-chat, since she's speaking in a faux-Shakespearean style. That's more an achievement in writing than in making an actual character, but the point stands.
>>
She was a fairy tourist and a mortal-boo. She was on a tour of the mortal lands because she thought that mortal humans were "totally authentic" and that the way they died in squalor was super real and exotic.

She did stuff like eat unidentified meat from shifty street vendors in the bad part of town because she wanted to have the "real mortal experience", and get children drunk in bars and then leave them there because she got tired of them and her short attention span had latched onto something else.

She also had magic from her parents. As in, she had a magic allowance where her insanely magically powerful mother and father would let her charge a certain number of magic spells to their mana account, so to speak.
>>
>>47400940
Sounds pretty good, actually. Making rape in your backstory work is always tricky, even if it didn't happen to your character directly (or even done BY your character), but it actually feels like an important element in your character's backstory and personality.

Good job.
>>
File: 1460804709080.jpg (11 KB, 219x187) Image search: [Google]
1460804709080.jpg
11 KB, 219x187
>>47391326
>DM is related to me
>hates it when guys play girls
>have to make a character that wears a helmet and never takes it off so I can imagine what they look like without him knowing
I wish I had non IRL friends I could play with.
>>
>>47402245
This is the first time on /tg/ I've read such a thing.
>>
Just a regular-ass thief. Though I suppose she was remarkable among other typical rogues because she refused to kill people, instead just dealing nonlethal damage until they passed out (undead and stuff like that were still fair game of course). Recently I've played her in a new party, at least half of which are edgelords. She's True Neutral, but the kind of TN where she really has to stop and go 'are you fucking psychos serious?' now and again
>>
Joan D'Screwoverwood the epic chaotic good fullblade wielding cleric and chief entertainer of Xom.

It was amazing and I loved every second of it, it was a struggle to entertain Xom, keeping being good and not die with a heap of "my name is Jimmy Knoxville and welcome to jackass, tonight we are going to wrestle a dragon wearing cobold shaman armor"
>>
>>47402280
>regular ass-thief
>>
File: this is not fabulous.png (44 KB, 245x249) Image search: [Google]
this is not fabulous.png
44 KB, 245x249
>>47402275
It's horrible anon, you don't understand how limited I am right now.
>no posing
>cant have fairies
>no theme songs
>no posing
>no soul antics like becoming an immortal golem
>no mermaid concubines
>no smug chinaman character
>no posing
>no robot team
>no signature weapons/moves
>NO POSING
ITS NOT FAIR, how the fuck am I supposed to be cool if I can't do these things, this is high fantasy dammit, let me be high fantastical. All I wanna do is stick a cool pose and have one of these other things in it.
>>
>>47402327
That's something else entirely.
>>
>>47402356
Just play a bard, no one will think it remotely strange
>>
>>47402382
Oh I would, but these are things are not allowed, I will be basically cutscene killed if I do them, the most fun I am allowed to have is to do harmless pranks.
>>
>>47402356
AWAKEN MY MASTERS!
>>
>>47402398
A fun game is better than an unfun game. Find an online group, or different IRL group then stop doing your RL group.
>>
File: Wood Elf Kooky Bitch.jpg (113 KB, 713x1049) Image search: [Google]
Wood Elf Kooky Bitch.jpg
113 KB, 713x1049
5e D&D Halfling Paladin/Warlock, NG
She worshiped Greater Faeries and made pacts with Lesser ones, and ended up generally being the party's moral compass, more or less. Keep in mind that she worshiped beings that embodied the chaos of existence, and ocasionally would have spurts of being contacted by her Patron and asked to do something just for the hell of it (I collaborated with the DM on this). It made interesting party dynamics and kept things from being really boring. This let me play a character who had strong moral convictions and a generally comprehensive view of good and evil, but her law/chaos behavioral axis was all over the place considering that she was naturally a LG person but worshiping a CG deity.

Pic tangentally related
>>
File: keiko ojima_1.jpg (15 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
keiko ojima_1.jpg
15 KB, 300x400
>>47391326

A reclusive computer nerd with a heart of gold turned magical girl

Accomplishments of note:
>Freeing an old man's spirit from a magical artifact that was causing his memories of a summer fair to be turned into reality while trapping him in a state of unlife
>Sparing "The Kaponi," the leader of jolly forest-dwelling oni who decided to crash previously mentioned summer fair sporting italian suits and bad accents, from the party's local grimdork's wrath
>Saving a lunch lady's ghost from a different magical artifact that compelled her to make mind-controlling food she fed to the entire school which induced them to eat even more
>Befriending a karate-loli and helping her learn to take a break from endlessly gruelling martial arts training by playing video games
>Stopping a rampaging moon bunny spaceship from destroying Tokyo and then befriending said crew of moon bunnies

Remains one of the most fun games I've played to this day
>>
>>47391326

My Beast changeling who managed to survive against fighting an ancient Mesopotamian vampire and ended up getting promoted to a knight of the spring court.
>>
>>47392302
>playing yourself
>>
File: CgIYoMRUMAAo4Ju.jpg (45 KB, 599x398) Image search: [Google]
CgIYoMRUMAAo4Ju.jpg
45 KB, 599x398
>>47391326
A Tiefling Life-Mystery Oracle.

Unfortunate events in her past led her to make a deal with a Glabrezu and be branded with a Mark of Treachery. Fleeing the fallout of that mistake caused her to meet the rest of the adventuring party.

I ended up being the party mom OOC and IC my Oracle became the pseudo-mother of a young dragonborn titan-mauler girl who had run away from her family.

The party got separated from each other and my Oracle was killed last session. Her titan-mauler "daughter" is now searching for her, unaware of her fate.

>Pic related is the character portrait I used
>>
>>47391326
Martial autist turned party girl. Exiled from her temple cult after a deal with Karate Satan, had a year until payment was due, took jobs to keep herself in all of the drugs the greater world had to offer until then.
>>
File: 3445723092334.jpg (43 KB, 360x504) Image search: [Google]
3445723092334.jpg
43 KB, 360x504
>>47403113
>martial autist
>>
>>47401427

Yes, there were a couple threads I made asking for ideas what to do. The last session ended with them hearing her screams from the back of the truck (she finally woke up) and after that they didn't play that campaign anymore.

If they don't kill her the best thing would be for the cthulu gods to heal her and give her more powers to fight the characters.
>>
>>47400109
>What the fuck is a "nu-male"?
It's what furfags call guys who aren't furfags.
>>
The ones that weren't knockoffs of male characters with knockers knocked on.
>>
>>47395550
No they don't.
>>
>>47391326
Shouldn't that be Onna Bugeisha Jack?
>>
>>47400847
I went to Ireland to visit my family, and God damn were the girls my age adorable. The accent mixed with the fact that 70% were redheads left my dick painfully hard in most public areas.
>>
I have never played a female character and probably never will.
>>
>>47405165
Is that because you never actually played P&P in person?
>>
>>47391326
I had a brainiac character that enlisted in the Womens' Army Auxillary Corps, and got trained as a markswoman for the North African front when the Germans started winning in this alternate WWII.
Had an ability allowed by the GM to exchange my Marksmanship modifier for my INT modifier if I had time to make ballistic calculations and shit, as well as being outside one half of the first range increment. Costed my 3rd level character 2 feat points though.
>>
>>47405174
No, I play PnP almost exclusively in person.

It's because it is easier for me to roleplay a character who I share some major traits with such as gender and orientation, and I have no desire to be a woman. I feel it is much easier to play characters differing wildly from myself in terms of belief, motivation and personality if I have a solid, familiar foundation to work from.
>>
>>47391326
Katarina DuMont. She was legitimately convinced she was divinely appointed to conquer and rule the world. She did not achieve this, but she did end up turning a couple hundred elf cities into volcanoes.

She was trying to become a fire god. Didn't work.
>>
File: _dola.jpg (11 KB, 200x281) Image search: [Google]
_dola.jpg
11 KB, 200x281
>>47391326
None. However, I've had an idea of playing an old woman who sneaks around and gathers information for the party by pretending to be a scullery maid for nobles, and also keeps trying to whip the "whippersnappers" of the party into shape.

That, or make her a fiesty ex brigand. Pic very much related
>>
>>47405353
>Gender and orientation are major traits
This cunt is so shallow a mouse would break your cervix.
>>
None. I never have and never will play a woman.
>>
File: 1344586086937.jpg (184 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
1344586086937.jpg
184 KB, 1280x1024
>>47391326
A witty, a bit selfish but ultimately soft hearted d&d rogue. Somewhat frighted by responsibility of quests bestowed upon her and the party, as well as the horror they faced.

She was surrounded by a mostly good party, including a cleric and paladin. The external and inner moral conflicts, the pressure of the quests and the horrors ended up driving her slowly mad. It wasn't really that I intended for it to happen, it just kinda naturally came to, which was awesome. They people I played with were good to play with.

The best part was after she meet a (fallen) angel one on one, and she kinda snapped. It wasn't like she became raving mad, yelling or mumbling. No, it was more like, she kinda fell into a new set of priorities and ethics.
Seeing in retrospect, she suddenly became more serene and calm externally.

Some roleplaying thing must have worked, because after the encounter, it didn't take 5 min before the wizard tried to cast break enchantment, convinced the angel has bewitch her.

I was told by the player playing the paladin that sometime she would suddenly get en eerie unnerving air around her, in a way he couldn't quite put his finger on.

>The slow decent into madness and the other players reaction to it, made her the best female character I've yet played.
>>
File: where do you think we are 2.jpg (67 KB, 400x302) Image search: [Google]
where do you think we are 2.jpg
67 KB, 400x302
>I have no desire to be a woman

plz gtfo
>>
>>47406213
If it makes it easier for me to get into the head of my character and play it believably, what's the problem? Is every person who roleplays required to play the opposite gender every other character and randomly insert alternative sexual backgrounds to get the "true" roleplaying experience?

To be clear, I have no issue with people who do this. But it's not something I feel needs exploring on my personal behalf, and it wouldn't improve my experience.

Why do I get the feeling someone is going to be terribly frustrated with me for saying this?
>>
Morally suspicious 40k cleric
>>
>>47407338
>Morally suspicious
?
>>
>>47395512
Yeah, she does.
Best girl, all day every day
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 1530x2048) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 1530x2048
>>47391326
basicly a very smart fox spirit possessing a small human body , and bound to it as a punishment for breaking clan law.

i could only communicate in-character by writing and sign language , since the human body was mute.
i took skills in alchemy , firearms and illusion magic.
build focused on perception , intelligence and dexterity for hit-and-run tactics. Shooting mooks with magnesium musket rounds is pretty evil and fun, but my character couldnt do shit in direct confrontation.

since my dm has nothing against a bit of weeaboo , i was allowed to go for a kemonomimi appearance. my character was simply seen as a member of one of the different beastmen tribes
>>
>>47406213
but they are, and telling yourself differently is stupid.
>>
>>47412451
I'm a guy, and I've been complimented by my players for my female characters. I generally play a lot of female characters too, and none of them have elicited any complaints.
My secret? I write them like any other characters and play them like any other characters. If there's a situation in which their gender is completely guaranteed to affect their decisions, I do play with it, but I generally don't think about it and instead play the characters for their personality rather than their gender.
Take it as you will, but this has worked for me for a very long time.
>>
>>47412687
Okay, but if you're playing them exactly the same as any other character then why does that quality actually matter?

It's like saying "I get complimented for playing really complex and interesting Paladins, when really what I do is just take the Paladin class and then play as if I were a Rogue."

Don't get me wrong, however you want to play your characters is cool and I'm sure you've got interesting characters you play, I'm just missing the connection to this particular topic.
>>
>>47412833
It doesn't mean that I don't ever handle issues connected to their gender. If they come up during character generation, I do write them in, but I don't actively think of the character's gender when I write their background.
>>
>>47413038
Fair enough.
>>
File: Líadan.png (324 KB, 446x467) Image search: [Google]
Líadan.png
324 KB, 446x467
>>47391326

As a forever DM, I've rarely played myself, since if I don't DM, nobody DMs. And I'm a horrible player, but that's a story for another thread

The most fun is what I'm playing currently though, more or less the Waywatcher from Vermintide.

The campaign itself has become somewhat elf-centred, with the other 2 players been elfs and almost talking excusively Elven.
Both are also new players and I wanted to throw them a bone with embracing their roleplay. Also the DM is a good friend of mine and he loves him some warhammer elves.

I've been acting as the assassin for the rest of the party, taking out targets while the flamboyant cleric talks the bladedancer's ears off.

I don't really know yet how I want to play her Apart from her hatred for humanity, which might soften over time, but she's been great fun so far.
>>
>>47403358
kek
>>
>>47398843
Bottom left must have had a shovel for a mother with a face like that.

Or does spousal abuse impart inheritable traits?
>>
File: Gay.jpg (49 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
Gay.jpg
49 KB, 250x250
>>47392383
>proud

I guess gay pride really is a thing ...
>>
>>47406213
I wouldn't call them major traits, but they can affect what the player will want to do with the character, even if the character could be carried over perfectly from one gender to the other (which isn't always the case, because that would affect how they grew up and perceived the world and such).

Even then, if he had said race is a major trait, you would've agreed with him. People will play elves and dwarves wildly different from humans, let alone snake people or gnolls or lionmen.
>>
>>47396390
>>47396390
What happened with Scotman? Got gender swaped?
>>
>>47415368
Leprechauns.
>>
>>47391326
Texan (in mannerisms, not literally) cowpoke Alchemist doctor. Rode around on a horse and fought with a bullwhip in addition to alchemist bombs. She battled the minions of Cthulhu with her motley comrades.

I had a lot of fun with that character.
>>
I was asked to play a female character for a game that took place in FF8 setting where all sorcery could only be cast by females and the GM wanted at least half the party to have to roll on his rng for who got special magic.

Anyway, I played her as a shipping magnates daughter whose father wanted her to marry the young Duke of Dollet. She didn't want any of that shit so she pretended to be a boy and got enrolled at the Balamb Garden as a student. She was a sort of swashbuckling detective that got so stuck in the mindset of acting like a man she sometimes forgot she wasn't one. Plus she was paranoid as fuck. At one point the party was at an inn and she is drinking some bloke under the table when the bartender started to hit on her and she just went into full on panic mode. Does she kill the guy, convince the whole party to pick up and leave at 2 in the morning, just play it cool?

Turns out the guy was gay. That was a fun campaign.
>>
>>47392187
Wait. I listened to that one. Godsfall, in the character introductions.

The DM literally asked what she was wearing as the first introduction to the character, and she asked if he did that to everyone. He admitted he did not, they talked for all of 3 minutes and then moved on.

That podcast is shit immediately, but that was actually a decent thing to call him on. She was actually the one good character with that guys on all sides and a shitty smug motherfucker as DM.
>>
>>47405118

I'll tell you one thing, they're as good in the sheets as they look in the streets, at least in my experience.
>>
>>47416577

If he didn't ask everyone, he was being a sexist tool and I would have been annoyed too.

It's not feminist to stand up for yourself when a dm is actively treating your character like a set piece.
>>
>>47417083
This 2bh

I despise SJWs more than probably anyone here and even I think that's a dick move that should be called out.
>>
File: 1416153525568.gif (1 MB, 426x319) Image search: [Google]
1416153525568.gif
1 MB, 426x319
>>47405643
good taste
>>
File: antoinette.jpg (275 KB, 450x600) Image search: [Google]
antoinette.jpg
275 KB, 450x600
I'm currently playing a spoilt rich girl sorceress in a setting where the nobles are being repeatedly murdered in successive revolutions because the church keeps bringing them all back to life every time. She'd been killed and ressurected four times over before joining the party and each time she gets more and more unhinged.

Also, if like me you're a dude then giving your female PCs a low husky vocal fry voice is so much easier on yourself than trying to keep up something obnoxiously high pitched. Don't pick something you're not gonna be able to do for longer than 30 seconds.
>>
A blatant rip-off of the Major from Ghost in the Shell
>>
>>47417973
Well at least you have good taste.
>>
File: Comprehension.jpg (25 KB, 346x346) Image search: [Google]
Comprehension.jpg
25 KB, 346x346
I want to play a female but I'm too overly judgemental of myself. And playing a girl just seems too shallow, even for me.
>>
>>47417652
This sounds pretty interesting, anything interesting happen so far with her?
>>
>>47415382
Same happened to Jack.
The best part was that the genderswapping was the part of the curse they minded the least.
No, the real curse was the constant Irish singing endlessly going on in their heads.
>>
>>47419488
What makes it shallow to play a human being? The fact that they're a woman is secondary to the fact that they're a person, and it seems to me like the most shallow thing you could do here is to judge the validity of half of the possible characters you could play out there simply because of their gender.
Admittedly, not every character concept benefits from being female or gets anything new added to it, but it's in those cases you do it just to move out of your comfort zone. If you don't particularly need your character to be male next time, and there's nothing in their backstory that would suffer from them being a woman (most common in low fantasy settings), try making them a woman.
Don't play them differently, don't spend more lines on describing their appearance, don't spout constant cringy references to their gender and don't try to make a female voice for God's sakes - all of those are common mistakes, because people think that female characters require a completely different creation and roleplaying method. That's not true, and a character played that way is just as cringy as the Flex McBishie that some female players play when they do male characters.
Just change the gender and nothing else, just to get used to playing a female character. When you then get used to it, realizing that while gender can take a main role in someone's personality, it doesn't have to do it, you can explore more opportunities and start playing more clearly feminine characters. It expands your roleplaying opportunities and adds a lot of new potential character concepts.
Just for fuck's sakes, never, ever make a "female voice". Ever. It never goes well, it's cringy and it shows that the speaker treats women as a completely alien thing. You're roleplaying, not trying to pass, and it's important to remember that a properly played female character is completely detached from any kind of "be the little girl" fantasies. There is nothing that makes a female character creepier.
>>
>>47416463
>a gay guy running an ff8 game
Not criticizing at all, but I'm also not surprised.
>>
A hydralisk lamia that is a mix between the queen of blades and miia but with tanned skin
>>
I rarely play female characters even though I love them just as much as male characters. Actually, as forever GM, I should say that I rarely get to play characters at all.

My favorite female character (out of like 2) was my gnome bard paladin who spent her downtime giving free faith-based light and sound enhanced pop concerts in the setting. I only got to play 3-4 sessions though.
>>
>>47391326
I played Vergil from Devil May Cry with tits as a good guy.
I was the only straight woman in the country.
>>
File: tuck.jpg (42 KB, 495x636) Image search: [Google]
tuck.jpg
42 KB, 495x636
>Have a TG fetish and wish to be the little girl, and something that known to only my closest friends.
>Said friends make up like 75% of my gaming group
>Can never play a female character because I'm terrified that I'll get called out for magical realming/wish fulfillment, even if I go out of my way to make the character as unfetishy as possible.

It hurts.
>>
>>47402398
Have you ever considered telling your relative he's an unfun loser who will never be rad before fucking off to the internet to play with people who are slightly less faggot flavored?
>>
>>47422019
If you can't explain it to them, I wouldn't call them friends.
People who will shame you and hang you out without hearing you out first and actually believing you when you tell the truth aren't what you call friends. Either they're not your friends and you should find another group, or you're just overthinking it and insulting your friends by putting malicious intentions in their heads when they mean nothing of the like.
The only right decision is to play the character and see. If you get shat on, you'll have received a good lesson in who you call friends and who you don't.
>>
>>47422064

It's not that I COULDN'T explain it, it's just not a conversation that I want to have.

It's mostly just friendly banter because we're all a bunch of ballbusters, myself included, but I like to be avoid being the one that's shat on whenever possible if I can.
>>
File: Aven.png (705 B, 41x47) Image search: [Google]
Aven.png
705 B, 41x47
>>47391326
Grumpy water genasi ex-pirate moonshiner (which eventually advanced into decent skill with alchemy). Went on a lot of crazy adventures and eventually became a Waveservant of Umberlee.
>>
>>47397110
That is impressively messed up.
>>
>>47422169
"Terrified" doesn't sound like "friendly banter" to me.
You're either dressing up your relationship with your friends or being irrationally afraid, and the only way you'll see any kind of development or get any opportunity to play the characters you want is to go ahead and play them.
Making excuses is only going to make you enjoy the game less, and that in turn makes you less fun to play with. You're freaking out over nothing, and the thing that really rubs me the wrong way is that you state your problem, get advice and then back out like a beaten spouse with Stockholm syndrome.
You seem like you're scared of the people you call your closest friends, and that's not healthy for you nor the group.
>>
A succubus that looks like ryuko from kill la kill who just so happens I be my daughter and she looks like my wife who is not only a succubus but is also a more gorgeously older version of ryuko with a mix of ragyo
>>
I played a Human Ranger who took levels in dragon born of Bahamut, then married another player character who did the same, and we wound up being King and Queen and creating the race of Dragonborn in our future campaigns. We also slowly became gods, then force users. Our DM was kind of a noob. At one point I became a custom class called an Astral Retriever, and I came into possession of a nonagon (it looked like it shouldn't exist). It called me to different dimensions to gain powerful evil artifacts.
>>
I haven't played a woman in anything but freeform rp, but my concept for a backup character is one.

>old knightess
>depressing life
>became a warrior to rebel against her family
>clicked naturally
>spent years rising in rank and fame until she joined an order of warriors
>weariness of combat builds
>tries to settle down
>no one wants her for being too strong and now past the prime of her life
>except one man
>truelove.jpeg
>try to conceive a child
>no dice
>try again
>1d3 miscarriages
>crushing guilt and depression drives her away from him
>goes back to the only thing she knows
>except with no family, friends, or allies
>feelings of her entire life wasted
>joins the party trying to reclaim some kind of former glory

I was thinking of Askeladd, or Guts, except with a happy ending.
>>
I have never played a female.
>>
File: 1435639825595.jpg (75 KB, 632x754) Image search: [Google]
1435639825595.jpg
75 KB, 632x754
>>47422927
>not the superior sister
>>
I can't decide. I've played more female characters than male, and I'm satisfied with how most of them turned out.
>>
File: noire.jpg (52 KB, 455x600) Image search: [Google]
noire.jpg
52 KB, 455x600
>>47391326
It was a Pathfinder game, Way of the Wicked adventure, and my character was a LE Shabti sorceress.

She was supposed to be a voice of reason and a brake on the edge train for the rest of the party (a CE drow Cavern Sniper (wewlad), and a CE human antipaladin of Asmodeus), but because of the harshness of our GM and the fact that the module was designed for 4-6 players rather than 3 we didn't really have a lot of room for irrational fuckery. Instead, everyone in the party was always in survival mode and had no time to do anything really evil. Eventually we took over the LG kingdom that serves as the primary antagonist of the first few books, and my character became the queen. At that point in the campaign, though, it was also really, really clear that we as a party were totally fucked. The forces of good were way stronger than us and the module has its own Dany come and rape your ass in an invasion at the end, and we didn't really have any friends on the evil side either because we weren't being arbitrarily cruel or villainous enough.

As a character, the arc she went through was basically just a constant struggle to avoid death and enslavement by getting more and more powerful, but as the game went on she realized it was impossible and despaired, and starting really lashing out once she became queen. I was planning a redemption arc for her (the game ended before the conclusion), but basically I think she would have failed in it because she was only motivated to redeem herself out of fear, and she would have betrayed whoever was necessary in order to avoid death and torture.
>>
>>47400109
>What the fuck is a "nu-male"?
A crappy dude who's unpleasant to listen to, if nu-male is to male as nu-metal is to metal.
>>
>>47428502
/mu/ pls fuck off
>>
>>47403088
>google that pic
>find source

Welp, time to fap.
>>
>>47424693
fuck off anaru
Thread replies: 188
Thread images: 37

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.