[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Age of Sigmar General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 33
File: Maw-krusha.jpg (314 KB, 1269x867) Image search: [Google]
Maw-krusha.jpg
314 KB, 1269x867
>resources
pastebin.com/Ee1JcAVt

Not even gravity dare to mess with Maw-krusha edition

What's next? Realms of Battle? BTW, the only resin hero of Silver Tower, hail to the Wight King!
>>
File: 3285215_orig.jpg (200 KB, 1200x847) Image search: [Google]
3285215_orig.jpg
200 KB, 1200x847
Old thread
>>47357719
>>
File: 2483921_orig.jpg (169 KB, 1200x847) Image search: [Google]
2483921_orig.jpg
169 KB, 1200x847
>>47382595
>>
File: 2429350_orig.jpg (189 KB, 1200x863) Image search: [Google]
2429350_orig.jpg
189 KB, 1200x863
>>47382612
>>
>>47382622
>>47382612
lol i thought this was supposed to be a fucking skirmish game not a large scale battle thing
>>
File: The Silver Tower.png (917 KB, 549x743) Image search: [Google]
The Silver Tower.png
917 KB, 549x743
Anyone played the game yet?
>>
>>47382972
I did, had a lot of fun with it once we got people rolling.
>>
File: The Silver Tower 2.png (3 MB, 1333x854) Image search: [Google]
The Silver Tower 2.png
3 MB, 1333x854
>Upon embarking on your first trial, these pages will explain just how and why the gathered heroes came to be at the Silver Tower, in an impossible chamber that leads to nightmarish halls. But this amazing art adds a whole new level of intrigue to the situation, with some very malevolent spectators gazing down upon the seemingly tiny form of a Knight-Questor. You may wonder what these terrible creatures could be: Lords of Change and Daemon Princes come to watch the work of the Gaunt Summoner? Manifestations of the Silver Tower? Aspects of Tzeentch himself? And what exactly is going on? That, we think we may have the anwer to. Just take a close look at what the creature on the right is juggling in the claws of his right hand…
>>
>>47383020
We are the Tzeentch all along
>>
>>47382720

It's both, we won't have a good idea on what it's more of until the General's Handbook comes out and the recommended point size for games is revealed.

Honestly, I'm hoping that it's smaller than 40k and more on the skirmish side.

I think these are some of the most concrete rumors with regards to the above:

>Units have a model count cap (max 10 models, or 20 models, etc. depends on the unit)

>You can only add models in "groups" (no points for individual models. Example: add 5 Liberators to your unit for X points)

>Book will contain points for all models, and they'll be included in Battletomes going forward (I don't know if it's definitive, I couldn't tell if he assumed that was what's going to happen or if he was told by studio guys)

>Army organization is a mix of force org from 40k and the point-tiers from Fantasy. For every X points in a game, you can have up to Y heros/wizards/monsters, etc.

>In Match Play, there's the "Rule of 1s", in that 1s always fail, limit named characters to 1 per army, and units you summoned cannot summon other units that turn

>Weapon upgrades in units won't cost additional points.

>>47383020

Dang, that's a pretty cool detail.

I wouldn't mind if the new Lords of Change looked similar to those picture, though if two heads became common it would take away from Kairos' uniqueness, assuming that isn't him.
>>
>>47383157
>I wouldn't mind if the new Lords of Change looked similar to those picture, though if two heads became common it would take away from Kairos' uniqueness, assuming that isn't him.

Hate to be the one who explains the joke.

Look at what the two headed "Lord of Change" is juggling in his hands

Those are dice

These giant monsters are manifestation of us, the players, inside the Silver Tower

We are the shapers of fate, the players, we are aspects ofTzeentch
>>
>>47383237

Yes, I got that.

That doesn't change the fact that two of the four are similar to Lords of Change and could possibly be inspired by a new kit. There is a decent chance that just like with the Bloodthirster, GW will make every Greater Daemon kit capable of producing three units.

Of course the possibility also exist that they just drew inspiration from the Lord of Change to have fun.
>>
>>47383157
>It's both
LOL
>I'm hoping that it's smaller than 40k
yea those GW tabletop pics make it look REAL small
>max 10 models
you fucking know they wont do that. This is GW were talking about. i think that one makes the least amount of sense
and they already have games like that

>Weapon upgrades in units won't cost additional points.
that is completely retarded

sounds like a disaster
>>
>>47383270
>Of course the possibility also exist that they just drew inspiration from the Lord of Change to have fun.

Which is the most likely, imo. A two headed LoC would steal From Kairos's thunder,
>>
>>47383307
There is a rumoured new LoC this year so we will see
>>
>>47383298
Ayy
>>
>>47383307
Then again, I imagine Kairos will either be an option in the box or get his own like Skarbrand, since he'd probably be noticeably smaller than the new plastic LoC.
>>
>>47383157
>>47383298
~50 wounds worth of stuff type scale seems to be what everyone I've seen playing here is doing.
>>
>>47383428

Considering they made Skarbrand a separate kit, I could easily see them doing the same with Kairos. Ku'gath as well since off the top of my head I think he is the only Great Unclean One mounted on a palanquin carried by Nurglings.
>>
>>47383489
>His kit is just the GUO kit plus some nurglings and a movement tray
>>
>>47383464
Ive been playing 100 wound ish games (100 point SCGT) and that's been taking me ~3 hours a game.
>>
Choppas or pigstikkas for boarboys?
>>
>>47383860
cant you have a mix of both?
>>
>>47383884
No for boarboyz.

>>47383860
>Choppas or pigstikkas
Choppa for unit contain 5 models; pigstikka for 10+ models; 6~9? Depend.
>>
Any Silver Tower Heroes statistic pdf in one links Bros?
>>
File: 1XL.jpg (112 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1XL.jpg
112 KB, 600x450
Man, a different paint scheme can do so much for a model.
>>
Yes, I think it's awesome.
>>
>>47384155
And a white background can totally undo it in a photo.
>>
>>47384401

This
>>
>>47384155
Is this bitch male or female? Can't guess from the pics.
>>
>>47385017
Yes.
>>
>>47385017
Obviously.
>>
>>47385017

Elf
>>
>>47385074
Aelf
>>
>>47385079
ANelf. Grammar please!
>>
Silver Tower Heroes statistic pdf in one links?
>>
>>47385587
https://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Warscrolls/aos-whquest-rules-en.pdf
>>
>>47383157
>though if two heads became common it would take away from Kairos' uniqueness

Two heads was a pretty common upgrade you could buy.
>>
File: 1461677272969.jpg (75 KB, 640x437) Image search: [Google]
1461677272969.jpg
75 KB, 640x437
Where my /ghoul/bros at?

Since GW didn't give us a new centerpiece model or named character anyone have tips for building/converting the Carrion King i.e. Ushoran?
>>
>>47386568
Ghoulbro here, I have a bunch, but want to make a knightly court. Thinking of using fireforge, exillim and GW minis mix.
>>
>>47382622
GW really scales their newer models up it seems. Makes the boards look so crowded and leaves little chance for muh movement, even if both sides have barely 70 models each.
>>
>>47386568
You already have Zombie Dragon and a Terrorgeist, why would you need anything else? And since it's still Death you can always field Nagash, Mortarchs, Coven Throne and Mortis Engine. Coven Throne would look awesome converted as Flesh-Eaters Court Throne....
>>
>>47386568
Fuck man, that thing on the left would be such a sick model.
>>
>>47386886
...may have to steal it for my knight-vibe army.
>>
File: 1378444822547.jpg (32 KB, 550x564) Image search: [Google]
1378444822547.jpg
32 KB, 550x564
>Battletome mentions ghoul girls and queens
>mfw no art or models of ghoul girls
>>
>>47386956
When will you learn that GW does not want the creepy fetishist market?
>>
File: tumblr_mrx28vJHXk1qllqv0o1_500.jpg (84 KB, 378x750) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mrx28vJHXk1qllqv0o1_500.jpg
84 KB, 378x750
>>47386967
>creepy fetishist
Talk to JB.
>>
>>47386956
You could always use heresy minis if you want creepy.
>>
>>47386956
>implying female ghouls would look any different whatsoever
>>
>>47385644
Yee I mean these additional paid heroes pdf
Any one?
>>
>convert new badass hero
>super hyped yo use in battle
>dies turn 1-2 every time because ranged units easily deal the 5 wound she got
>can only hide behind terrain the whole game
fuck this game
>>
>>47387956
Git good.
>>
>>47387956
>"wow! this new hero is gonna wreck so much face!"
>"wow, my opponent's new hero is gonna wreck my face, better focus it"
>hero dies turn 1
>doesn't focus the rest of the army
>you win anyways but are salty the special snowflake unit did nothing

I feel your pain anon
>>
>>47383464
Yeah, 50 to 60 is my preference. But I'm also just tired of big-scale games in general, so that could be a personal bias.
>>
>>47386956
I'm waiting for at least one named Femcast, myself.
>>
>>47388119
you don't even need to focus on most heroes because they only have 5-6 wounds.
though i understand that being able to snipe heroes is needed because some of the command abilities are ridiculous
>>
>>47387956
>what are screening units
>>
>>47388290
it's pretty much impossible to make it so the enemy can't see anything of the model. as long as they see the tip of a hat or feet they can shoot it
>>
>>47388290
It's irrelevant because they can pick out the hero if they can see it.

>>47388242
Yeah basically. Although stacking mystic shields or camping in terrain vastly increases their survivability.
>>
>>47386886
Because Nagash a shit. Some God of Death that can't even rule some loony based Vampire royalty.
>>
File: OBEY ME.png (3 MB, 1333x896) Image search: [Google]
OBEY ME.png
3 MB, 1333x896
>>47388483
Back to the Shroudcage you go.
>>
>>47388483
Still there's this bit of fluff where Neferata allied herself with a Ghoul King and his court to fight off Chaos (or someone, don't remember)
>>
>>47388483
I love Nagash, but Ushoran a best, yes.
>>
>>47388949
Some Ghoul Kings follow Nagash. Some don't.
>>
Okay, been playing Silver Tower today, went through two trials and stumbled over what I thought was a problem.

>played Chamon trial
>first room is a forking path
>spread cards out into two decks as the rules say
>go one path
>after a few rooms the fork-room vanishes
>go on, get to the room with the black hole that puts you back in the starting room but with all used exploration cards gone
>go to the next room, thus using up the last exploration card from the split deck
>it's not the goal room
Do I use the other half of the exploration deck now? I mean, should I have discarded them when the fork vanished? Or do I put the two decks together as I only have one path left?
>>
>>47387956
>1# reason to play based Seraphon: Kroak
>2# reason to play based Seraphon: Sniping opponent's special snowflakes with chameleon skinks and deep striking rippers
>3# reason to play based Seraphon: all the fucking salt

Sorry not sorry. Git gud or git out.
>>
File: Knight-Questor-Warscroll-AoS.jpg (79 KB, 491x640) Image search: [Google]
Knight-Questor-Warscroll-AoS.jpg
79 KB, 491x640
Opinions on using the Knight-Questor in normal games of AoS?

He seems like a badass hero hunter, if you can get him there but that shouldn't be too hard as he is a fucking tank and it will take a LOT for him to go down, especially if you have a Lord-Castellant buffing him with his lantern.
>>
>>47392055
he's decent, but his damage output is not nearly enough to make him a treath on the battlefield.
he's good to engage dangerous heroes and stall, i guess, thanks to his 3+ rerollable save, but thats all.
At least, from just reading his warscroll.
>>
>>47392055
Just like all the other Silver Tower good guys, he's decent and that's it. He'll never hurt your army but he'll never help it either. He's worth his 5 Wounds but don't expect him to be worth more. The only Silver Tower good guy who's great in AoS is the Warpriest who can heal anything and is stronger for Order. As in, can heal your Celestial Hurricanum back up. Can heal your Treelord back up. Can heal your Steam Tank back up.

As for the Questor, to be good he'd need some actually good attacks. Now if his attacks all had damage 2 and not just a chance for damage 2, he'd be good. As he is, he's a leaky dam. Plenty tough to break through, but here and there something will trickle through and destroy what's behind him.

>>47391152
anon didn't even specify what killed his special snowflake, but thanks for proving all our points and instantly getting defensive.
>>
So I've been mulling something my head about the grand alliances, and what separates them.

Order is to fight chaos
Chaos is to fight order
Destruction is to fight for the sake of fighting
What does death fight for?
>>
>>47393417
>What does death fight for?
more death, of course.
>>
Just picked up a warshrine for my khorne chaos. Right now my main force is:

10 blood warriors, 20 blood reavers, 5 wrathmongers, 2 hellcannons, starter set heros, aspiring deathbringer, sorc lord (may end up using as a gaunt summoner) a bunch of knights/skullcrushers/foot warriors/chosen/lords and my custom dragon.

Where should I go next? I'm just feeling very 1-dimensional with my forces right now.
>>
>>47393541
How does that feel one dimensional? You have chaff, strong infantry, strong cavalry, artillery, magic and a monster. There's lots of versatility there.
>>
>>47393565
Just feels very "buff up and run at enemy" without any tricks like summoning, battalions, battleshock BS, broken command abilities, or stuff like the stormcast heroes. I might try out archaon on the horse, but before points people may complain bringing him in a medium sized game.
>>
>>47393417

For the sportsmanship sake!
>>
>>47393417
>people wonder why death is the least popular.

In all seriousness from what I've read, death just advances their own agenda, and nagash doesn't like stormcast because lolnosouls4u.
>>
>>47393541
i'd say 10-20 more blood reavers-you want at least 2 units of them on the table.
and absoluetely one fucking bloodsacrator
You want your reavers to be the main hitters, running them with a bloodsacrator allows you
>1 extra attack for wraithmongers
>1 extra attack for bloodsacrator
>1 extra attacks thanks for the sacrator, again(reavers inner ability)
>chaos warshrine grants full to hit reroll
Thats a bas einfantry having 4 attacks +rerolls.
Holy fucking shit. Thank god at least they don't have lances, so only the front line can attack. But still..
>>47393655
>Just feels very "buff up and run at enemy
You are playing khorne bro.
Thats what khorne does. Your strategy usually relies on charges and attack priority.
Like, the chosens can buff attacks of nar units if they kill something first, then you have the wraithmongers who are the best on dying(throw them at archaon for maximum kek). You can use a summoner lord with some bloodletters if you want summoning, but if you want fun gimmicks and a different playstile my 2 cents on the matter is: start collecting another army.
Having multiple armies is always fun because it gives you different playstyles.
>>47393417
>>47393722
In the end, all you need is to find a reason to fight during every battle. that would spice things up and "forge your narratove".
I REALLY SAID IT
>>
>>47390519
unused exploration decks are shuffled together.
>>
File: Skaven ain't free.jpg (147 KB, 902x648) Image search: [Google]
Skaven ain't free.jpg
147 KB, 902x648
>>47393417
Skaven to fight all. And win.

Vale Vermalanx
>>
>>47392055
He's plenty tough, especially for a 5 wound hero, and his super-pile-in can be a nasty surprise, but he hits like a wet noodle.
I suppose he might do okay as a hunter of support heroes, wizards and such, but you have similar guys that do that way better, e.g. a Knight-Venator or any Drakothian Guard.
Also, never fucking ever waste a Lord-Castellant's lantern on a single five-wound hero unless that guy MUST survive. There are plenty of way more sensible targets.
>>
More stormcast added.
i have to say, the dracoths-in low number-looks pretty good when on the battlefield with other models.
that is, 2+1 the lord celestant is the ideal number, more than that and they would look like ass thanks for the dull monopose(that, or square base ranked up)
I have a knight venator on the way and next month-hopefully when ill have most of these painted-ill get a second box set.
What next?
>>
>>47394469
IMO Stormcast only look good when footslogging or deep striking in via lightning. I don't mind Dracoths in low numbers. The Stardrake can suck a dick though.

all the flying angel guys look shitty and just seem awkward on the table-top. I'd get the 2-handed hammer guys, i really like them and that roll a 6 do 2 mortal wounds thing is strong.
>>
File: fgfgdfgger.jpg (139 KB, 850x410) Image search: [Google]
fgfgdfgger.jpg
139 KB, 850x410
>>47394469
forgot pic lol
>>47394542
>I'd get the 2-handed hammer guys
with the 2nd starter set, i get 6 in total. Too bad it doesn't have the starmaces tho. But yeah, a second unit of retributors wouldn't be bad.
I was thinking about vexilor but if formations are allowed i don't see why, because i can teleport most of my army for free.
>>
>>47393417
Death deals in death, and they want to keep their business going, that's it. They have their own little realm and want to keep the souls flowing, and all this stormcast shit is fucking up their soul intake.
>>
So I'm kinda new to this and have been looking up all the different Chaos "gods". Is there good synergy between them because they all have the "chaos" and "daemon" keywords, or should I basically stick to one chaos god?

I like both Khorne and Slaneesh, but if I'm gonna cripple myself by putting them both in my army I figure I'll just collect one first and then the other instead of mix and match.
>>
>>47394827
>I'm gonna cripple myself by putting them both in my arm
You won't.
Demons works great when mixed, while mortals absoluetely needs to stick togheter.
Of course you get better sinergy with individual sub factions-but having all chaos gods on your side means you'll have one unit for every job.
>plaguebearers for incredibly resilient units
>khorne for kills aka-muh mortal wound on 6s
>slaanesh aka SANIC-no, really, fucking seekers move 14 AND ROLLS 2 DICE FOR RUNNING. Also daemonettes charge n run
>tzeench for ranged
Put a couple or wizards on the table and summon whataver is needed to counter your opponent. cant see how it can fail.
>>
>>47394903
Thanks! That sounds pretty badass actually. I'll probably get started with the Khorne start collecting box and go from there.
>>
>>47394970
Np.
Unfortunetely juggernauts are pretty shitty in aos(they don't move much and deal shit damage)but the cannon is solid enough(aka pretty good) and the bloodletters are your average infantry unit.
If you don't want the ranged cannon the throne is....decent. Can become a good sponge wound due to autoheal, but i havent saw it in action yet.
get an herald of khorne to buff them and run them in units of at least 20. their ability to deal mortal wound on 6s is really good and they are good againt tough units. You can always summon more, too.
>>
>>47394827

For the fluffy record... Khorne and Slaanesh hate each other. Similarly, Tzeentch and Nurgle hate each other. They don't mix well in the lore, although crunch-wise it's legit of course.
>>
My friend is being super anal about using units of only a single keyword and not using anything that doesn't have printed rules you can buy. How can I get his head out of his ass and get him to understand that "dwarf" units in the app can be used with "dispossessed" units from the grand alliance? I asked him what he thought about playing against tomb kings or something and he said he wasn't sure if he'd let them play with rules that aren't "legal" (read: printed in the grand alliance books)
>>
>>47395517
That's gonna rustle me a bit but I guess I can come up with some flimsy fluff excuse. They put all of them in the same faction so there's gotta be times when they have to work together.
>>
>>47395755
Don't worry, it is kind of Chaos's thing. The 4 gods are always trying to be the one "in control". It's called the Great Game.

They even try to use their own undivided champion against each other for gods sake.
>>
>>47395642
The PDFs on games workshops website are official, and legal. If he doesn't want to play them, tell your friend to find someone else to play.
>>
>TFW none of my friends wanna go halfsies on a sigmar starter still even when I said I'd pay a bit over half and let them have the whole chaos lot for £24.

I guess I'm not jumping on the sigmar train.

I could just ebay the chaos dudes or whatever but bleh, it's a hassle.
>>
>>47395642
is your friend autistic or have Aspergers?

Legacy armies are legit, they are getting points in the new General's Handbook coming out.

Put good shit out of the flanks that don't need keyword synergies to perform their roles.
>>
So I've got 40 Pink horrors, a herald on foot, a burning chariot and the blue scribes, any tips on what to pick up next for chaos?
>>
>>47396078
80 blue horrors, 40 brimstone horrors
>>
>>47395642
actually, legacy armies are enouraged...
your friend's is a retard, probably has autism and you better look for other players.
>>47396024
try facebook groups
i just did and sold it in a couple of days.
>>47396078
You want to stay relevant to tzeench? a mage or two are always good, and i'd buy WHQ just for the tzaangors.
>>
>>47396181
Couldn't find anyone via Facebook, I think I'll wait a little longer, paint up both halves and at least then I can teach friends to play it with me and stuff.
>>
Can you get the non-legacy warscrolls online without the app? can't seem to find them.
>>
File: 20160519_125847.jpg (211 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
20160519_125847.jpg
211 KB, 1200x675
>>47384155

Eh, I didn't find much wrong with the original.

>>47385017

Blanche's concept art was ambiguous or at least not immediately obvious and the sculptor took greater strides to show she is female.

>>47388949

It was Chaos

>>47394542

In my opinion Prosecutors are among some of the best looking Stormcast models.

>>47396599

GW likely gradually removes the PDFs from their website, any in particular you're looking for?
>>
>>47396642
I was going to make some reference sheets for my bloodbound, and I never noticed the only place to really get the newer free rules is the app.
>>
>>47396678

Oh, I misread you and thought you were referring to the Fantasy Warscrolls. Yeah, the app is usually the best place because GW half-asses Warscrolls for newer stuff.

Suppose I could dump the BB PDFs I have.
>>
>>47396903
Really don't need a dump since I have the downloads from the OP, the app, and the physical book. Just wanted to know where you could find them outside the app. For example I played against a newer kid at my shop and taught him how to play. He didn't have the app or book so I ended up using my phone and it was a huge pain.
>>
>>47396997

Ah, you look on the product page on GW's site. They're usually there, but like I said they half-ass it and sometimes they're not there or not everything is. For example, the Runefather, Runeson, and Runesmiter pages only give you the rules for them mounted on Magmadroths, not on foot.

Besides the app, website, or book, the only other option I can think of would be in the box itself. There are definitely still kinks that need to be worked out. It honestly would probably behoove GW to also have a separate page for downloads like the FW site does.
>>
File: eddedededed.jpg (32 KB, 484x646) Image search: [Google]
eddedededed.jpg
32 KB, 484x646
cant remember if I already posted this.
WIP of my Plague orc...sorry, orruks.
Sorry for the shitty quality, did it just before heading for work.
Toughts? Basically, the only things finished are the skin and(almost) the metal parts.
>>
>>47382972
yea, i was surprised theres no silver tower thread. Had a lot of fun, just dont use outside heroes. the bowey sigmarine was literally unstoppable and the war priest and barbarian looked weak by comparison
>>
>>47397577
One assumes if you increase the heros you have to increase the villains
>>
>>47398530
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dkW9LGPn62Tvecl-ulz2U5aqSvyu-7XtGe9WWhNBIV0/htmlview#gid=0

Character sheet for WHQ: ST, hope GW print the hardcopy for sale.
>>
>>47398530
I don't follow--we played with 3 heroes and placed mobs as directed
>>
>>47398530

I've heard other people say that the Knight-Venator is just too good all around.
>>
>>47398717
there are additional monsters in the rulebook if i recall it right-rules for screamers, etc.
Hope they'll release more enemies profiles soon.
>>
>>47399134

Screamers
Flamers
Exalted Flamer
Herald

They're called exotic adversaries and they way it works is that certain results on the various tables allow you to set them up instead of the normal adversary.

Given how they've described the Silver Tower, it'd be quite easy for them to add new adversaries.
>>
>>47398621
Thanks anon
>>
>>47395517
>>47395755
>>47395836

>They don't mix well in the lore,

Types daemons work each other if the plot demands it. There are plenty of examples

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Brazen_Host

What you guys forgot about the Great Game is that it contains alliances between gods and between their daemons. Even between Khorne and Slaanesh if something worth winning pops up.
>>
These silver tower minis are so great.

I least like the Grot scuttlers and the magic ogre but the rest are just superb
>>
>>47383020

I... love this
>>
File: kairic_acolytes.jpg (1 MB, 872x1132) Image search: [Google]
kairic_acolytes.jpg
1 MB, 872x1132
What is the best way to equip these guys?
>>
Thinking about getting back into AoS with a very small (100 wound-ish) chaos cavalry force.

I'm thinking about buying the following and would like your input on if you think they're a good choice or to stay away.

10x Chaos Knights - $70
6x Mighty Skullcrushers - $120
Lord of Khorne on Juggernaut - $60
1x Chaos Chariot - $50
1x Gore-Beast Chariot - $50

83 wounds right there. What should I add, what should I cut? Any help would be appreciated.
>>
>>47401055
If the box offered the option, all shields would be the way to go, but they'll never amount to much in melee. Well, they'll never amount to much period.
The glaive totally should be reach 2".
>>
>>47401647
Also, why in the fuck are Varangard 120 bucks for 3? The fuck is going on?
>>
>>47401647
Warshrine might be a good addition, it's fairly speedy and packs a ton of buffs. Don't buy the kit, it's awful; instead convert it from the leftover bits of your two chariots and some plasticard.
Also, Sorcerer Lord on steed. Can keep up with your guys and has two powerful buffs.
Both would put you smack dab at 100 wounds.
>>
>>47401677
Varanguard are sickeningly overcosted, even by GW standards. Don't buy them. Chaos Knights with some additional chaos bits work just as well and are *way* cheaper.
>>
>>47401727
Yeah, I can literally buy 20 Knights, spruce them up and call them Varangard. It's ridiculous.
>>
>>47401703
>>47401727
Also, the reason I'm getting back into the game is because my friends and I are making this campaign up. You start the campaign with 1 Hero (no named units) and 1 minimum sized unit. Every week you choose 2 minimum sized units to roll for to add to your forces. First person to a specific amount of points wins the campaign. Still going over the rules.

So I really want to stand a chance against them as well as make a nice themed army.

I'm thinking about starting with the Lord of Khorne on Juggernaut and either 5 Knights or 3 Skullcrushers.

I was also thinking about maybe adding in a skull cannon and/or Soulgrinder. Maybe dropping one of the chariots.
>>
>>47401727
>>47401806

Same shit with Blood Knights in the death faction. It's cheaper to get Black Knights, paint them red, get some fancier bits and use them for shields/swords or whatever. Hell, you could even buy the "upgrade" pack they're selling for better shield bits and still come out spending less than buying blood knights outright.
>>
>>47401839
Escalation games are always good fun.
Skullcannon might fit the theme, Soulgrinder very much doesn't.
The loss of the regular chariot wouldn't be too bad, it's kinda weak anyway.
>>
>>47401806
It helps that knights look better when in groups. Three varanguard look good. Nine very much do not.
>>
>>47401872
I'm thinking I might be kinda at a disadvantage without some kinda monster in my force. What do you think? Is there something that could fit?
>>
>>47401920
I haven't seen varangard in person. Why don't they look good in big groups?
>>
>>47401932
Very monopose, especially the mounts. That really stands out when taken in multiples.
>>
>>47401923
Well, your themes seem to be Khorne and cavalry, so why not go from there? Manticore Lord or Slaughterbrute are the first things that come to mind, monster-wise.
That said, don't be too set on monsters from the word go. A good cavalry charge will put a noticeable dent into most big stuff.
>>
>>47402027
I was thinking maybe a Manticore but they seem kinda weak compared to some of the beasts out there these days.

Maybe you're right, I'll try without monsters first, see how things go.
>>
>>47401647
That's very similiar to my chariot list.

There are fantastic things that synergise with that list. Bloodstokers make GoreBeast Chariots INSANE. Seriously, get one. They are like $5 off ebay, and they make your chariots fantastic. Bloab Rotspawned is also fucking awesome with a list like that. His unique spell does an additional D3 mortal wounds for every PHASE that a unit takes a wound.

You can wound in the Hero Phase with spells,
the movement phase with burning chariot,
the shooting phase with whatever,
the charge phase with skullcrushers and gorebeasts,
and the combat phase with whatever, for a possible 5D3 mortal wounds.

It's a very fun list. The Brass Stampede formation is also great if you get 2 more units of skullcrushers. There's some bravery shenanigans where you get immune to battleshock if you kill a unit i think and then if you charge within 3" of another unit in the formation you always inflict mortal wounds wihtout rolling
>>
Why don't Tzeentch and Slaanesh have start collecting boxes?
>>
>>47402413
Tzeentch is gonna get a whole bunch of releases this year and I assume Slaanesh too so maybe they'll come later.
>>
>>47402413
Zinch is apparently getting new models later this year so they're holding out until then. Slaanesh just isn't child friendly enough to put at the forefront.
>>
>>47401806
Varanguard are chaos champions on daemonic steads they are quite a bit bigger than normal knights
>>
>>47402947
Use scenic bases as boosters then.
>>
I've had troubles with monsters/heroes and want to include an old necrosphinx I've got lying around. Which is the best tail for hunting monsters?
>>
Someone got the silver tower rules for the lord celestant? I purchased him in thecapp but he does not unlock. The support aint answering me either
>>
>>47393417
Death fights for souls of the living
>>
>>47404168
Death fights for Nagash who currently just wants to kill all the living.
>>
>>47402947
"Quite a bit" is a bit of an exaggeration. Theyre larger, but not significantly.
>>
File: hnBYoi3-Copy.jpg (173 KB, 1000x346) Image search: [Google]
hnBYoi3-Copy.jpg
173 KB, 1000x346
>>47404521
Theyre actually like 20% bigger, at least.
>>
>>47404521
I would definately not play against knights count as varanguard. They're much larger and on a bigger base. There's not much you can do to a knight to make them that big.
>>
>>47393722
>>people wonder why death is the least popular.
I mean, it's at least true for me. I was initially planning to go Death, but their lore being as generic as "undead that want to kill everything," the only difference between the subfactionsubfaction being the difference of how they kill things, and their extremely outdated model line killed the interest for me. I jumped to Ordee because at least their subfactions had variety to them.
>>
>>47405016
>extremely outdated model line
are you ok?
>>
>>47405016
>undead that want to kill everything
Negative, Nagash want to rule over everything, there are kingdoms of men that worship him as God and supreme ruler.

>extremely outdated model line
Zombies/fellbat/bats swarm are freaking outdated, the rest are fine.

However, Death is lacking of variety, I miss tomb king back, or at least the Arkhan aesthetic chariots rumor come truth. :-(
>>
>Painting an Iron Warrior for 40k
>bored and no inspiration
>pop open beastmen box and start assembling and painting that
>enjoy it a lot and have lots of fun
>Age of Sigmar is totally dead in my city from what I can tell

I hope points bring the game back here

Life is suffering
>>
>>47405133
>>47405295
I probably used a little hyperbole with their models being outdated, but it was largely that their fluff didn't appeal to me. They strike me as being the most boring faction aside from Destruction, but they at least have the iconic footprint of Orcs.
>>
>>47393722
I've been a Nagash fanboy since I started whfb with 5th, and then loved others Undead characters (Ushoran and Arkhan mainly), so it was a no brainer for me.
>>
>>47406403
Fuck, there's also Settra, Khalida and Neferata, Vlad, W'soran the cunt and Mannfred the dick.
I almost had a boner from cover to cover when reading the Blood of Nagash books.
>>
>>47406396
Yeah that's how I feel every time I try to play 40k. I just love the fantasy models, every time I open a box of dorfs I do them in like a day, whereas my Tau have been sitting there for 4 years
>>
>>47406396
I'm still of the camp that points are a dangerous thing. As soon as they're implemented:
>power gamers are drawn in
>a bunch of units become useless
>people who don't use points will never get games
>optomized lists will make you "that guy" in established casual communities
>>
So im taking my box of silver tower over to my mates house and i just realised the "read this first" is on my desk... Please tell me these rules are already out there somewhere
>>
>>47406515
I mean luckily the lists are going to be closer to unbound but still, I share a few of those worries. Power gamers who justify powergaming with rules are worse than those 5 nagash idiots
>>
>>47406515
That's what I'm worried about, too. AoS's casual nature is a big part of why I like it.
>>
Got my Silver Tower. Awesome.
Got the one with white dwarves because I haven't brought one of those since 6th was a game.
My god, both of them are just an advertisement. There's no content, and they split it across 2 white dwarf mags. I don't even know what to think. The fuck did they do to WD?
Jesus fucking christ.
Partially regretting not just buying the game on its own.
>>
>>47406515
As I usually only play with friends I don't really care, but theses are valid worries.
>>
>>47406515
I just hope they might revitalize the scene, I guess there are like 3 LGS I didn't know about in my town that carry GW shit but aren't marked on the GW storefinder so this weekend I guess I'll go and check them out.
>>
>>47406586
Oh you didn't knew ? WD is weekly now, so there's very little in it apart from articles about the week's releases (so ads, yeah).
>>
>>47406558
Well I like to optimize my armies, like "I like X, let's make X the best way I can" rather than "I like X, but Y is better so I'll play that" and with 40k that's basically taken most of the fun out of the game since my community is stupidly casual. I just want to bring any list I want and be able to have a decent game (part of the reason I started infinity) Some people say they won't play points, but I really think that's not going to be the majority of players at all.

As an aside, would anyone be interested in playing some online silver tower? Seems like it would be rediculously easy if you had the cards and rules scanned
>>
>>47406515
>people who don't use points will never get games

Rumormonger said that, Path to Glory for table for most faction, it is great for gamers and shop campaign.

>>47406631
>articles about the week's releases
I think this week is BTS of silver tower?
>>
File: 1324774519970.jpg (11 KB, 154x121) Image search: [Google]
1324774519970.jpg
11 KB, 154x121
>>47406515

>cries about certain units being worthless
>in the same general that is violently opposed to core tax

hmmm.
>>
>>47406667
Nobody wants to be forced to take core units they don't like just to be able to play units they do like. But the people who do like those core units should be able to take them without them being suboptimal.
>>
>>47406631
Well I'd seen rumors but I'd not actually paid money for one. I can see why. Did they just fire everyone ever? Oh well, error made. Not buying any more of those again.
>>
>>47406667
More like people are afraid to actually field something that resembles a real army and not just 5 of their favorite monsters or some WAAC formation
>>
File: .jpg (95 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
95 KB, 1920x1080
>>47402836
I hope they wont release new Slaanesh because I will just get disappointed again
>>
>>47407038
They said they were coming this year after Sylvaneth.
>>
File: Mannfred the Smug.jpg (42 KB, 878x493) Image search: [Google]
Mannfred the Smug.jpg
42 KB, 878x493
Mannfred's Wacky Adventure's 2: Part 3 "The rusening".

AKA

Knights of Vengeance Audio series Part 3

http://www.mediafire.com/download/9a8476qhv4w0d6v/Red_Alert.mp3
>>
File: Alarielle Reborn.png (309 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Alarielle Reborn.png
309 KB, 375x523
>>47407335
oh well at least I have my proxies if they turn terrible
>>
>>47407379

HUGE thank you, kind sir!
>>
>>47382553
Is Settra in yet?
>>
File: 300px-Orion.jpg (74 KB, 300x416) Image search: [Google]
300px-Orion.jpg
74 KB, 300x416
>>47407498
Kind of neat that her spear is similar in design to Orion's spear.
>>
>>47393722
>>47405016
>>47405295

Same like this guy >>47406432 . Nagash was my favorite character from WHFB, and I really enjoyed reading his trilogy of novels. He basically survived every single thing, even the the decapitation of WHFB, and still wants the same thing what he always wanted - true godhood and an undead world.
I am lucky that at least my army kept its identity even in AoS, along with some of the characters. I really like Arkhan, he is as badass as his master, a true bro to nagash, still rocking it.
I really miss Vlad though, from the Carsteins, he was my guy. Mannfred is ok, and I am quite interested what will he achieve.

Anybody know what happend to Malekith? Is he in AoS?
>>
>>47407733
Renamed, he's now Malerion Targaryen
>>
>>47407611
One day, the true King shall return.
>>
>>47407733
>Anybody know what happend to Malekith? Is he in AoS?
He is, though he somehow got fused together with his dragon and is now a being of shadows renamed as Malerion. He finds his mother in Ulgu, the realm of shadows, who's being served by beings described so far as shadow demons. Later, he teams up with Sigmar, gives him a magical arena that the Stormcast use now to train in, and joins the brothers Tyrion and Teclis to create a veil that keeps Azyrheim invisible from Tzeentch. Then the three of them ditch Sigmar to find Slaanesh, whom they imprison and force to vomit up all the elf souls it had consumed, recreating the elven race as Aelfs.
So far he's surpisingly done a lot of good so it'll be intresting to see what exactly they have planned for him.
>>
>>47406709
>Nobody wants to be forced to take core units they don't like just to be able to play units they do like. But the people who do like those core units should be able to take them without them being suboptimal.
then stop playing AOS
>>
>>47406567
>AoS's casual nature is a big part of why I like it.
thinking isnt really your thing is it
>>
So I've got a few things I don't really understand in the Silver tower.
1. How does exactly the dead end mechanic work? If you run into a dead end you need to discard some of the exploration deck, but if you run out of cards before finding the grand chamber, you lose. I don't really get it.
2. Why do we have 8 familiar models? (2 each). They are just bonus minis, yes?
>>
>>47397577
>>47398530
BRCAUSE SIGMARINES ARE DEH MOST POWERFUL FORCE IN DA UNIVERSE
>>
>>47401055
>to wound to hit
nice spelled out nice and easy for the AOS Nubruhs
>>
File: sigmarines vs khorne.jpg (88 KB, 736x576) Image search: [Google]
sigmarines vs khorne.jpg
88 KB, 736x576
>>47407038
>I hope they wont release new Slaanesh because I will just get disappointed again
GW is too busy pitting khorne against the sigmarines
it will never happened

on the bright side, the story is much more simpler and digestible. easy enough for even the most mentally challenged to understand
>>
>>47407733
>am lucky that at least my army kept its identity even in AoS
except it didnt.
its just now "LOL SKELEMANS"
>I really like Arkhan, he is as badass as his master, a true bro to nagash, still rocking it.
are you 12
>>
>>47406928
>>47406709
then stop complaining of those models being worthless you stupid fucks
they were made for an entirely different game, and now youre mad they dont fit into your frankenstein of a new one

get fucked
>>
>>47408482
Lol they are releasing Slaanesh later this year.
>>
>>47408482
>khorne against the sigmarines

Tzeentchian forces and themes was major theme of the second campaign book. Also they came back to the focus in the Silver Tower with plenty of of Tzeentchian goodness. There are probably of more Tzeentchian releases in the future.

Nurglite forces have played huge parts in the storylines of the Realm of Life.

The Skaven got plenty of love in the lore with Skaven Pestilens lore.

As for Slaanesh? Slaaneshi forces featured in a major battle in the Seras book and the Balance of Power campaign book. Rumors say that xir releases are coming this year after the treefolk and shadowkin.

Heck, I think Khorne has fallen off as a focus after the first Campaign.

So where do you get off with spouting "It's only Sigmarines vs Khornates" when the fluff is anything but, and then saying it will never happen?

Let me guess? Shitposting for the sake of shitposting?
>>
File: Hhhehhehe.jpg (804 KB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
Hhhehhehe.jpg
804 KB, 3264x2448
First figure finished from the Warhammer Quest set, starting with the smaller ones.
>>
>>47408686
Looks nice but I gotta say...

Are you going give it googly eyes? That will make the model look funnier in my opinion.
>>
>>47408113
Ironically, all units not sucking is what sigmar is currently good at.
>>47408133
Some people just like putting down models and throwing dice, who knew?
>>47408513
>implying gw has a good track record with points
>>47408618
You can have a unit be a "standard infantry" unit without just being a 40-50 man block of dudes that did next to nothing. Bloodbound is pretty good with this as AOE buffs make standard infantry attractive.

Man, the shitposters are out in force aren't they
>>
>>47408752
I think It's just one and I think it's the Slav.
>>
>>47408648
>Lol they are releasing Slaanesh later this year.
i hope they put them up against the sigmarines, since after all they're the only ones worth fighting anyway
>>47408652
>of the Realm of Life
its called grass realm
>treefolk
lel nice name
>shadowkin
i want off pls
>So where do you get off with spouting "It's only Sigmarines vs Khornates" when the fluff is anything but, and then saying it will never happen?
because, if youd open your eyes and take a break from sucking sigmars cocks you would've noticed that the khorne vs sigmarine shilling has been the main focus for quite some time
>>
>>47408752
>Ironically, all units not sucking is what sigmar is currently good at.
then why are you complaining about it being so?
are you autistic, can you not read?
try to keep up senpai, i know its hard for you AOS players
>>
>>47408752
>Some people just like putting down models and throwing dice, who knew?
some people are retards yes who wouldve guessed
well worth the post im sure
>>
>>47408851
>khorne vs sigmarine shilling has been the main focus for quite some time

Only for the first campaign book maybe and for about a month I think. The rest of the books that came after did not focus on Khorne. Please do not pretend you know anything, anon.

Posting style looks similar. Is that you Slav?
>>
Rolled 3, 1 = 4 (2d6)

>>
>>47408883
>complaining about it being so
clearly talking about the future with points
>>47408896
>anyone with a different idea of fun than me is retarded REEEEEEEEE
>>
>>47408949
>anyone with a different idea of fun than me is retarded REEEEEEEEE
>fantasy is too tough for me and toooo hard to understanddd REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>47408949
>clearly talking about the future with points
>game opposed to core tax
>no units are going to be worthless
k
>>
Good to see /tg/ doens't lose his traditions, AoS is still the worse thread ever.
>>
>>47408984
Come on, anon. Now you're being too obvious. 0/10 is what I give you for breaking this quick.
>>
>>47409050
>is what I give you for breaking this quick.
i cant break AOS its already broken
>>
>>47409045
We have entire threads without any shitposting at all, quite often. One or two people trying to stir shit up will ruin a thread sure, just like every other thread ever.
>>
>>47409050
He's not entirely wrong about the sigmar is the best thing though, youve got Nagash jelly of the sigmarines being reincarnated, bloodborn being considering sigmarines the only worthy foes and orks painting their armor gold cause of sigmarines
>>
>>47408752
>Man, the shitposters are out in force aren't they
He is, and don't respond to him unless it's to thank him for bumping the thread while we're at work.
>>
>>47409126
>One or two people trying to stir shit up will ruin a thread sure
honestly what is there even to ruin in the first place
>>47409212
>we're at work
i didnt know slavs went to work
>>
>>47409045
Oh, we had a good couple of awesome threads. This is just one single shitposter with a fuckload of stamina who rage-quits every time he's schooled and then comes back four hours later. It's just that we were so blessedly shitpost-free for a time that some people forgot how to deal with them.
>>
File: Fyreslayers.jpg (115 KB, 559x322) Image search: [Google]
Fyreslayers.jpg
115 KB, 559x322
who else playing the naked dorfs here

is this the ugliest army that ever came out y/n?
>>
>>47409191
Archaon is not impressed with the Stormcast and don't consider them worthy enemies. He won't wet his sword with their blood.

Nagash is not jelly. Nagash is pissed at Sigmar for perverting the natural order of the realms and stealing souls from his realm. It' like you saying that you are jelly of a thief coming to your house and jacking your stuff. When Nagash fought the Stormcast, it was like man playing with ants.

Seras don't give a the Stormcast much mind, and when one them did he was pissed at them because they were wearing at dead world like they somehow owned it.

That leaves the Bloodbound and Orruks, they are barbarian warrior cultures and of course they would respect an army of demigods with the same mentality as them. A lot of the Stormcast were taken from barbarian tribes.
>>
>>47409357
>every time he's schooled
>NO U
yea the people in this thread arent schooling anyone, ever. its pretty much the whole mentality behind AOS right now
>>
>>47409410
>Archaon is not impressed with the Stormcast and don't consider them worthy enemies. He won't wet his sword with their blood.
that makes no fucking sense, the whole fucking end times was premised on them fighting and ended with them
it sounds like youre just ignoring facts, to dismiss bad lore
>It' like you saying that you are jelly of a thief coming to your house and jacking your stuff
dat sentence. fuck.
>>
>>47409470
Just what? You talking gibberish.
>>
>>47409381
I got a unit of the gun dudes to stick on the side of other forces. I like them, may build up to an independent force one day.
>>
>>47409410
Yes, I'm sure that's why archies shape-shifting steed has several stormcast skulls sticking out of it.
>>
>>47409514
nudworfs are ugly as sin though. I don't really get their new direction alot of the new models that have come out are pretty boring.
>>47409513
>Just what? You talking gibberish
>i cant read
>>
>>47409566
>won't wet his sword
>archies shape-shifting steed has several stormcast skulls sticking out of it
Answered your own question there
>>
File: 1462585666417.png (461 KB, 870x722) Image search: [Google]
1462585666417.png
461 KB, 870x722
>>47382720
>>47383298
>>47385112
>>47386710
>>47406667
>>47408113
>>47408133
>>47408340
>>47408368
>>47408482
>>47408568
>>47408618
>>47408851
>>47408883
>>47408896 exactly 61 seconds between these two, very subtle
>>47408984
>>47409015
>>47409035
>>47409079
Here's your (You)
>>
>>47409613
>Answered your own question there
nice answer
thanks for bringing AOS gen past the shitposting cunt
>>
>>47409611
>>i cant read

I read your post. You threw random words together. What stormcast have nothing to do with the end time or whatever else you said.

>>47409613
This
>>
>>47409654
>What stormcast have nothing to do with the end time or whatever else you said.
the whole point was the face off between sigmar and archaon, why would he want nothing to do with him after end times. it just seems like a complete 180
>>
>>47409381

Picked up a few of the hero models to play in Silver Tower, might expand into a full force. I've always likes the Slayer aesthetic, and them mixing it a bit with Chaos Dwarves makes me love it. The obvious mirroring in the Vulkite Berserker kit gives me pause, but otherwise I really enjoy the range, even the mandatory fuckhuge monster is really cool.
>>
>>47406515
A classic sign of why GW will never be able to write a good rule set.
>>
>>47409713
>I've always likes the Slayer aesthetic
why, its so damn boring. and besides its the aesthetic the orks already have
>even the mandatory fuckhuge monster is really cool
>even the really boring cliche is cool!
wow just loving this new direction. fuck this im done i think, this is really it.
>>
>>47409700
Him seeing sigmar's lackeys as weak and him seeing sigmar as weak are 2 different things
>>
>>47409700
The Stormcast are not Sigmar. They are just his weakling servants. Archaon has servants too. Let them fight each other.

Archaon won't waste time on Stormcast when he is plotting to break the gates of Sigmar's realm and face him there.
>>
>>47409787
>Him seeing sigmar's lackeys as weak and him seeing sigmar as weak are 2 different things
yea ok, that makes sense
>>47409789
>Archaon won't waste time on Stormcast when he is plotting to break the gates of Sigmar's realm and face him there.
lol, this is such bs

>i totally dont care about the stormcast
>but i want them completely eradicated and am going to give my full attention to doing so
whatever
>>
>>47409789
But the gates are open now. He could walk through them if he, I dunno, fought all the stormcast that are in the way.
>>
>>47408221
1) Got it in one. Basically, you just pray Lady Luck lets you win and then it's about skill. If you ever played The Binding of Isaac, it's quite a bit like that.
2) The two big sprues are identical copies. So they couldn't not give you all the familiars twice without changing the sprues significantly. So yeah, bonus. If you want to play them, dig through the WoC legacy warscrolls for Chaos Familiars. I sure know my Nurgle Sorcerer Lord is gonna have a walking fish tagging along soon.
>>
File: 1344386546320.jpg (41 KB, 438x352) Image search: [Google]
1344386546320.jpg
41 KB, 438x352
>>47409774

>why do you have your subjective opinions
>stop liking what I don't like wryyyyyyyy
>>
>>47409898
>aahhhh your subjective opinions are offending my subjective opinions!!!!!111
>im going to pretend im not completely butthurt by complaining about the subjectiveness of your opinions (because mine are better anyway)
>>
>>47409613
Yes, because he totally hasn't killed any with his sword, and his daemon steed would display skulls of those he considered beneath him.
>>
When we get new sylvaneth?
>>
>>47409870
>>but i want them completely eradicated and am going to give my full attention to doing so

Most of them will respawn in Azyr if he kills them outside of Azyr. A waste of time.

If he breaks open Azyr, he can shut down the Stormcast respawn operation and kill Sigmar. So Archaon won't bother with the Stormcast and will send his mooks to beat of them while he figures out how to break Azyr's walls.

>>47409872
What would stop Sigmar from closing the gates again? The moment that Archaon's armies push back the Stormcast to the Gates of Azyr, Sigmar will seal the gates again.

That's why Archaon needed the Godbeasts. He will use them to smash into Azyr.
This is why Archaon
>>
>>47409987
If they don't throw in some 40k release, all throughout June.
>>
File: 334523453.png (29 KB, 463x161) Image search: [Google]
334523453.png
29 KB, 463x161
>>47409632
>anyone who disagrees with me must be the same person
>>
>>47409988
>So Archaon won't bother with the Stormcast
lol but he technically is bothering with them
>>
>>47409951
>Yes, because he totally hasn't killed any with his sword

Only Vandus and he only did it to torture him and mutilate his soul.

As for the rest of the Stormcast, it was said that he didn't want to sully his sword with their weak blood. He kept spamming magic at them until all were dead.

As for Drogthar victims? Archaon feeds his mount anyone who pisses him off so that they will enjoy eternal torment. It's not about worthiness, it's just Archaon being a bastard
>>
>>47410062
Not personally.
>>
>>47383237
>I'll spoiler my deep and enlightened observations

>And space them widely

>That'll make them quake at my intellect

>God I'm so euphoric right now

>Mom better have bought more pizza rolls the fucking bitch
>>
>>47410084
>Not personally
lol ok
>>47410120
kek
>>
>>47410120
It wasn't about me and my ego. I didn't mean to dazzle you with my superior intellect. I just wanted to share this easter egg with you guys.

I think you are more an aspect of Khorne than Tzeentch.
>>
Got the AoS Starter box, how do you guys think I should paint the Stormcasts?

I'm having a hard time choosing Anvils of the Heldenhammer and Hallowed Knights

http://whfb.lexicanum.com/mediawiki/images/0/00/Anvils_of_the_Heldenhammer_colors.jpg

http://whfb.lexicanum.com/mediawiki/images/2/22/Hallowed_Knights_colors.jpg
>>
>>47404092

Have you tried looking in the shop and then viewing your collection? That works for me. Still it's something GW needs to work out.

>Lord-Celestant

M3/A5+/S4+

Warhammer (1+):

Range: Combat/2+/1

Sigmarite Runeblade (3+):

Range: Combat/3+/D3

Sigmarite Warcloak (1-6):

Range: Missile/4+/1

Inescapable Vengeance: (6+): Move, then make a Combat weapon action of your choice. If you roll a 6 for the attack roll when doing so, you can immediately attack with your other combat weapon without having to spend a hero dice.

Sigmarite Warcloak: When resolving a Sigmarite Warcloak action you can make a number of attack rolls equal to the score of the hero dice you used to activate the action. For example, if you spend a hero dice with a score of 4, you can make 4 attack rolls.

Traits: Bladeborn and Celestial

Renown: If you slay three enemies in a turn, earn 1 renown.

>>47406831

I thought the behind the scenes look at the Silver Tower was pretty good.

WD is the way it currently is because it moved to weekly format and is only 32 pages. Once you take out the number needed to cover the week's releases, Paint Splatter, rules, and This Week in White Dwarf, it doesn't leave a whole lot of room.

Honestly, I'd prefer if they started doing more stuff like behind the scenes and left showing off models to Visions, which is pretty much the entire point of that magazine.
>>
>>47410425
Only the faithful!
>>
Just finished my 20 hour play through of Total war Warhammer. I like the setting, how do I get into the table top game? I heard that GW dosen't support this version of the game or something?
>>
>>47410425
>>47410425
Hallowed Knights are the coolest fluffwise.

"ONLY THE FAITHFUL"
>>
>>47410030
Nice MSPaint job.
>>
>>47410473
>check my steam account
>the game hasn't been released yet. Still 18+ hours away
>only a few copies were sent to twitchfags and youtube goons

I will tell you how but first give me your twitch channel link.
>>
>>47403774
is that what you use in real life?
>>
>>47410464
>>47410498
I know basically 0 of the fluff, what's the backstory to this quote?
>>
>>47410620
It's the motto/battlecry of the hallowed knights. Represents the fact they were selected by sigmar as the most faithful (each stormcast chamber has a characteristic like this that the people selected all represent.)
>>
>>47410620
>>47410620
That's their motto/battlecry.

The audibook/novel that featured them made it sound cool. I recommend you give it a listen/read.
>>
>>47409724
>
*cough* Lord of the Rings sbg
>>
>>47410425
Definitely Hallowed Knights. Then get the Grymn's Brotherhood Battalion from Balance of Power and play that. Looks great, is fluffy and is pretty powerful.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 33

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.