[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pathfinder General /pfg/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 47
File: 1457073685041.jpg (177 KB, 900x819) Image search: [Google]
1457073685041.jpg
177 KB, 900x819
Pathfinder General /pfg/

"Times are tough, but wizarding is still just as easy as before" edition

Unified /pfg/ link repository:
>http://pastebin.com/5F8RNubX

Ultimate Equipment Errata (updated 5/19)
>http://paizo.com/products/btpy8tmc?Pathfinder-Roleplaying-Game-Ultimate-Equipment

Please search for the Uneratta'd content here. Save them, and wait for Nerfonomicon Anon to compile them.
http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.d20pfsrd.com/

Old thread:>>47364462
>>
File: NWMD.gif (1 MB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
NWMD.gif
1 MB, 500x282
If you could have any character, in any setting, what would it be?

Gestalt, epic, mythic, future tech, or just super cheese. What have you always wanted to play?
>>
File: 1463332912569.jpg (4 MB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
1463332912569.jpg
4 MB, 2560x1600
>>47380071
Or monster. I should've added monstrous races if you wanted.
>>
>>47380071
X-laser war soul//psion with metapsionic knife.
>>
File: 1447761832432.jpg (432 KB, 1252x1600) Image search: [Google]
1447761832432.jpg
432 KB, 1252x1600
>tfw trying to underperform as a wizard in a group of total shitters with Paizo-level ideas of balance so that you don't shatter their little game
>>
File: 1452542256223.jpg (247 KB, 835x1080) Image search: [Google]
1452542256223.jpg
247 KB, 835x1080
>>47380071
Sorcadin build, but made for Gestalt! I think I could even fit in Swiftblade!
>>
>>47380119
"It's called a funnel. It catches liquids, and the other end goes in the bottle."

"WIZARDRY!"

"...Sure."
>>
File: marilith qt 4.jpg (382 KB, 1758x2346) Image search: [Google]
marilith qt 4.jpg
382 KB, 1758x2346
>>47380071
Marilith warlord in a low-magic fantasy setting. Sandy regions optional.
>>
>>47380071
I just want to play a chameleon again, or better, that one homebrew rewrite of it to play as a base class.

A chameleon was a guy who transforms into a basic distillation of one party role - there was a wizard mode, a cleric mode, a fighter mode, and a skillmonkey mode that kinda sucked. I loved that shit. Just the fact that they were iconic roles was cool, it never got boring.
>>
File: Awesome Gecko.jpg (6 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
Awesome Gecko.jpg
6 KB, 259x194
Question from a 5fag:

Are there any things that 3.0/3.5 did that you wish Pathfinder had kept?
>>
>>47380281
Not having the Paizo Development Team.
>>
>>47380071
The Dame of the Ashen Art, a furred mage-knight whose body contains an excessive amount of steel.
>>
File: skekter reads.png (443 KB, 655x653) Image search: [Google]
skekter reads.png
443 KB, 655x653
>>47380295
>>
>>47380295
I lol'd.

agreed
>>
>>47380295
Mark can stay, though, right? Or was that someone different?
>>
>>47380295
You know, I really started thinking about what I would have liked to see, but this right here beats out anything I could have come up with.
>>
>>47380071

A Sentai hero Synthesist.

Darn PFS-legal-only game.
>>
>>47380295
>>47380321
>>47380350
>>47380355
>>47380359
I see this a lot, but what's wrong with the Paizo team? Maybe it's cuz I don't interact with the community that much but I've never seen any problems with them
>>
File: just a peek.gif (958 KB, 500x202) Image search: [Google]
just a peek.gif
958 KB, 500x202
>>47380071
>any character, in any setting

I am an uncreative little git, so if I got to play a cute Medusa with some additional/alternate gaze attacks (all, including the petrifying gaze, at-will) and a dinosaur buddy or two, that'd be great. Probably a caster of some kind, but if GM instead needs me to be some sort of archer, the gaze attacks can just be the answer to anything that gets too close for me to shoot.
>>
>>47380355
People were really eager to assume the best about Mark when he joined the dev team. Turns out he's not really any different. Which shouldn't be a surprise considering one of his biggest claims to "fame" was a guide to fighters that convinced a bunch of new players Weapon Focus wasn't a shit feat and was instead a gold standard.
>>
>>47380409
Martials vs Casters and their view on errata with Pathfinder Society
>>
>>47380418
I'm just tryin' to remember which one of the Paizo devs it was that /pfg/ actually liked. I remember there being one or MAYBE two.
>>
>>47380448
Probably Mark definitely not Bulhman.
>>
>>47380448
Owen Stephens is pretty good. Did weapon master's, far as I can tell.

And Wes Schneider is BASED EDITOR who shut down that 'all changelings are trans' shit.
>>
>>47380409
Jason Bulmahn:
>All of Core iirc
>Summoner
>Witch
>Oracle
>Shaman
>Arcanist
>Occultist
>Lead Designer for Occult Adventures

Knuckledusters in Adventurer's Armory? SKR
Knuckleduster nerf? Jason Bulmahn
Delegating Mark Seifter away from Unchained Monk? Jason Bulmahn
Nerfs to Core Rogue initially? Jason Bulmahn
Nerfs to tumbling, rings of blinking, quick draw, sneak attack etc? Jason Bulmahn
Crane Wing Riposte nerf? Jason Bulmahn
Admitting to not playtesting things? Jason Bulmahn
Mounted Vital Strike etc. nerf? Jason Bulmahn
Medium spirits nerfed from 54 to 6? Jason BulmahnKnuckledusters in Adventurer's Armory? SKR
Knuckleduster nerf? Jason Bulmahn
Delegating Mark Seifter away from Unchained Monk? Jason Bulmahn
Nerfs to Core Rogue initially? Jason Bulmahn
Nerfs to tumbling, rings of blinking, quick draw, sneak attack etc? Jason Bulmahn
Crane Wing Riposte nerf? Jason Bulmahn
Admitting to not playtesting things? Jason Bulmahn
Mounted Vital Strike etc. nerf? Jason Bulmahn
Medium spirits nerfed from 54 to 6? Jason Bulmahn
Quickrunner's shirt errata? Jason Bulmahn
Ring of Ferocious Action errata? Jason Bulmahn
Brawling as a +3? Jason Bulmahn
Jingsa of the Fortunate Soldier nerf? Jason Bulmahn
Ultimate Equipment errata in general? Jason Bulmahn
>>
>>47380519
>We can't fix balance in the system because we inherited it from 3.5 and god forbid we try and fix the problems in core.
>If we fix the problems in core, everyone will want the book that fixes them, and that'll be hard on new players
>Not that everyone will want it because it'll make the game better, and if the worst case scenario is they're playing the game as it currently exists, that IS the worst case scenario
>>
>>47380537
>Fixing the problems would make the book we did it in necessary, and so a barrier to entry
>Despite all the rules going up on the internet for free in multiple places, one of which managed by us
>>
File: 1463776246695.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1463776246695.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
Martials vs wizards
>>
>>47380556
Ramuh got really really big.
>>
File: Basilisk SD3.gif (544 B, 40x48) Image search: [Google]
Basilisk SD3.gif
544 B, 40x48
>>47380556
Everyone loves to bitch about casters and martials, but what would actually be an appropriate way to fix it within the current paradigm?
>>
File: 1456922278668.jpg (155 KB, 640x720) Image search: [Google]
1456922278668.jpg
155 KB, 640x720
>>47380409
They balance casters and martials to a completely different standard, AS A DESIGN GOAL, not even an accident!

The things they wanted most to "fix" about 3.5 was all the "overpowered" FIXES that late-3.5 got from WotC. It's top-priority to make sure that nothing like Tome of Battle or Complete Champion ever happens again.

They hate non-vancian magic systems passionately! Remember how wonderfully varied 3.5 was, with so many different types of magic and class-ability-usage mechanics to choose from that you could always find something fresh with a unique feel to play? They hated that too! Now it's all vancian all the time, even "psychic magic" for some reason.

"The feat rate in 3.5 is too slow, let's increase it!"
"Uh oh, the warriors have more feats to spend now, better split up existing feats and make tons of worthless ones be prerequisites for everything to compensate!"

They also think a giant FAQ on their website is a great place to put new game rules they expect everyone to know and follow.
>>
>>47380448
You also can't completely remove JJ as much as most people would like, since he made the Alchemist which is god tier class design.
>>
>>47380547
>We can't do it in errata
>We can't just publish a new core rulebook with the changes because...
>Because...
>Uh...
>That's just the way it is! We want martials to be good too!
>>
>>47380591
Jesus was a carpenter, we still hung him from a cross.
>>
File: CONSTRUCTION MAN 2.jpg (105 KB, 671x995) Image search: [Google]
CONSTRUCTION MAN 2.jpg
105 KB, 671x995
>>47380071
I want to play a Promethean/Preservationist Alchemist||Kensai Magus. Yes it's basically two separate characters at once, but do I seriously need to explain myself?

ALTERNATIVELY, replace the Magus side with any of the following:
>Synthesist Summoner, take quadrupedal eidolon form, place homunculus on my back, RIDE TO BATTLE
>a fixed version of the Warlock Vigilante whose mystic bolts don't suck literal ass
>Master Summoner, only if it's a solo game, because I'm not inflicting this abomination on anyone
>Zweihander Sentinel, truly the most unlikely gestalt because no groups I find are willing to FUCKING USE PATH OF WAR
>>
>>47380579
Give martials more toys. Namely ex and su abilities to allow them to replicate options casters have. Think like, Su strike abilities that can be used in place of an attack that can say paralyze/stun/unconscious a target or a swing their sword with an aoe cone/line. Also, abilities for non-combat. Access to flight is a big one for example.
>>
File: LE character's plans work.gif (734 KB, 460x345) Image search: [Google]
LE character's plans work.gif
734 KB, 460x345
>>47380613
Wasn't that JUST AS PLANNED though?
>>
>>47380579
Change the paradigm.
>>
>>47380591
JJ I don't mind so much.

He sort of strikes me as more of a bumbler, whereas Bulmahn is just... no.
>>
What is the general consensus on the flesheater archetype for barbarians? it seems pretty interesting but I was wondering what others though
>>
File: Bulmahn Bullshit.png (71 KB, 1349x386) Image search: [Google]
Bulmahn Bullshit.png
71 KB, 1349x386
>>47380409
<---This is why
>>
>>47380592
Yeah I don't understand it either. A pdf hosted on their site with corebook errata or even packaging a black and white printer paper packet with new physical copies of the core rulebook are both incredibly cheap alternatives that anyone who isn't Paizo would do years ago.

The thing is, they've thought about doing it and they simply don't care. Errata'ing a core book isn't an entry barrier unless you're the kind of person who shouldn't be playing TTRPGs at all.
>>
>>47380725
I can understand not wanting to do huge changes purely in errata, but you can do a new edition of the core rulebook, and therefore that's the new book that all new players get anyways, making it no longer a barrier to entry.
>>
>>47380712
>There are certain balance aspects and play considerations that we inherited from 3.5 and like it or not, we are stuck with them
>We the people who designed the system and have ultimate control over any and everything in the system are stuck with it

I forgot this image existed and I'd almost forgotten Bulmahn existed.
>>
File: wtfdidijustread.jpg (62 KB, 720x544) Image search: [Google]
wtfdidijustread.jpg
62 KB, 720x544
>>47380712
Holy Jesus
I don't think I've ever seen anything like this before in my life.

Wasn't the whole point of PF to make a not-broken version of 3.5?
>>
>>47380023
Hey, which link in the PoW content had the PC werewolf?
>>
>>47380712
>reasoned response
that monster.
>>
>>47380712
>we are trying
>posted 5 years into publication
>>
>>47380824
What's reasonable about that?
>>
>>47380774
>>Wasn't the whole point of PF to make a not-broken version of 3.5?

No. The whole point of PF was to make a clone of 3.5 that could be sold for money while the OGL existed.
>>
>>47380857
pretty much the entire thing.
>>
>>47380874
I repeat

>Making a book that fixed it would make it necessary, despite all the rules being made available online for everyone to read.
>>
>>47380874
Except for trying to balance around core.
>>
>>47380712

>We are just trying to take care of the problems as we see them and as time allows

There was a problem with the Sleeves of Many Garments? I just thought they were a means to deploy fluffy princess dresses on command.
>>
>>47380824
>Reasoned response
>Core book has easily identifiable, fixable problems, which Paizo is perfectly capable of actually doing something about in order to make the game both more enjoyable and balanced
>They absolutely refuse to do this ever under any circumstance
>They'll still totally put out errata though all the time, even though part of the reason they 'can't' is because they 'won't do errata' despite there being shitloads of errata all the time, including the recent severe nerfs to Ultimate Equipment for no real reason
>"Hurr hurr we're stuck with 3.5, even if we're actively saying we've divorced ourselves from it, there's TOOOOOTALLY no way that the actual developers of a game can change content to make things different" when they are literally the developers and that is indeed a thing they can do

They, LITERALLY, have the entirety of 3.5 and Pathfinder feedback to draw from. They have fans, actual fans not the braindead cocksuckers on the Paizo forums, that would gladly work for them at next to nothing or even fucking free in order to fix the issues.

But do they do that? FUCK NO, you goddamn idiot. They delete negative feedback on their boards, they censor anything they don't like, they ignore playtest data entirely, they brainwash their own 'fans' into ACTIVELY HATING the people who dare to look at the mechanics of the rules system they've built. Did you fucking SEE the kineticist playtest? It had THOUSANDS of posts of feedback, fully written up mathed-out explanations of why the class was bad, where it failed, and examples of how to fix it. All ignored.

Paizo is literally a vulture feasting on the corpse of 3.5. I sincerely hope that Buhlman and the two whores get syphilis and die painfully.
>>
What's the deal with the srd? It isn't officially hosted by Paizo so how does the guy avoid not getting sued into taking the site down?
>>
>>47380951
Because Pathfinder is OGL. Only Golarion is their property, so as long as he changes stuff to make it setting-neutral, it's 100% legal.
>>
>>47380951
Open Gaming License.

You can't copyright games mechanics.

As long as he doesn't post anything considered 'Product Identity' by Paizo, he's well within his bounds.
>>
>>47380951
Because the OGL is a thing, thankfully for us.
>>
>>47380951
It isn't hosted by Paizo, no.

What you need to understand is that while Product Identity is owned by Paizo, the RULES are not.

3.5's rules were established under the Open Game License.

So rules are free to upload wherever you want, it's only Golarion shit that you can't. And like 80% of golarion sucks anyway.
>>
>>47380951
Game mechanics cannot be copyright. The only thing that Paizo owns the rights to would be the names of people/places/lore they've created in their own fiction. Which is why you don't see any Golarion references on the SRD.
>>
>>47380992
Except for suitably generic ones, like Hellknights.

Even if Signifier got renamed to Enforcer for some reason.

When even Paizo can't fucking make up their minds if it's Signifier or Signifer
>>
If you had the opportunity to pave everything over, what sort of setting would you make for Pathfinder instead of Golarion, /pfg/? What would be most common races, what sort of cultures would there be, what type of firearms rules would exist if any, would you make lore for martial disciplines/martial traditions, how would you handle psionics, etc.
>>
>>47381165
I don't think Golarion is bad as a setting, it's made for variety.
>>
So I used to buy basically all the pathfinder books but kinda dropped the game after a while. I was in the game book part of a bookstore and saw ultimate intrigue. I didnt get a chance to read anything beyond the intro part with the chapter summaries. Does it actually work well as a social influence system?
>>
>>47381266
in b4 qadira male-slavery hyperbole
>>
>>47380071
I want mythic play. I would like to play a game where you can only gain new sparks by devouring the sparks of others. Start at level 1 and have an adventure hunting demi-gods.
>>
>>47381269

Well, it made rap battles a thing.
>>
>>47381266
variety is fine, but golarion is really irritating in how it's just a bunch of disjointed nations and gimmick states that really have fuckall to do with eachother. The pantheon and cosmology are sort of bland as well.
>>
>>47381322
Yeah I can see that too. I don't use it myself because I guess it is pretty bland.
>>
File: 1439270116611.jpg (25 KB, 400x462) Image search: [Google]
1439270116611.jpg
25 KB, 400x462
>>47381288
It's called Flyting, you pleb.
>>
>>47380556
Ramuh is clearly a Blaster type caster though, Paizo hates his ilk slightly less than filthy martial.
>>
>>47380579
You would drastically need to change the expectations of the game and the game world.
>>
>>47380071
A gestalt semi-mythic game would be fun as fuck IMO. I say "semi-mythic" in the sense that I want to ignore literally everything but the very basic path abilities, mainly focusing on longevity and Divine Source, maybe adding in the ability to change your creature type along the way. Fuck everything else about mythic. Only have longevity kick in after mid levels (10-12), and after that you're basically wandering urban legends. By 14 or so you find little cults dedicated to you as you get your divinity, and your adventures have years between them. By later levels (17+) you've got a full blown religion that you can cultivate or ignore as you see fit.

I want an excuse to play a character that accidentally becomes a fey godling in their quest for adventure. Then have to figure out how to avoid pissing all the other deities off. Is that so much to ask?
>>
>>47380071
Nothing fancy, just a pure Necromancer. Like from the 3.5 splat College of Necromancy kind of pure necromancy shit. Power hungry but not a cruel dick even if he views corpses as resources/learning material. And bonus points if I land in a party with a paladin who does not smite me immediately for one reason or another, leading to either rivalry or respect.

I don't get to play very many games.

If I had to be fancy probably a dark magical girl that punches shit, or a naga focused on charging things rapidly and biting the shit out of them with venomous teeth.
>>
>>47380071
Warder using self made power armor and weapon to decimate his enemies and incorporate their body parts into his arsenal.
>>
>>47380071
cute girl,

Or a Synthesist Summoner/Oracle VMC with Sedentary curse.
It'd be an old dwarf man who could barely move but when shit went down he'd conjure up a lex luthor style suit of rock golem and start smashing shit up with insane physical ability scores and mental ability scores.
His only weakness would be if his suit got dispelled he is just a crippled old man,
>>
File: DC2g.jpg (49 KB, 640x498) Image search: [Google]
DC2g.jpg
49 KB, 640x498
>>47380023
Who in the fuck decided it was good balance to force kineticists to have ALL appendages free in order to use Gather Power?

Why don't spellcasters also need ALL appendages free, huh? HUH?
>>
>>47382218
just use a weapon cor

oh wait
>>
>>47380100
Every time I see someone mention Xaser warsouls, my unfortunate purchase of that technology guide feels a little more vindicated.

At first I was just "my gods, it has a use!" but now, it's just "take that, you assholes that made them NPC-only cockteases"
>>
>>47380071
A Psicrystal that dreams of being a space battleship one day.

Reactor-Knight // Eclipse
>>
>>47382218
Even DSP didn't fix it with their two kineticist races, the ethumion and the other one.

One of them gets a telekinetic third hand, right, but EVEN THAT IS USELESS IF IT'S A KINETICIST BECAUSE IT HAS TO STAY EMPTY
>>
>>47382218
cestus/spiked gauntlets still work if you want to always be armed for AoO/flanking purposes.
>>
>>47382421
It's more like you can't even use a shield (except a shitass buckler, and even then you can't get the bonuses) or even hold a fucking potion.
>>
>>47382468
Well, unhindered shield is a thing now.
>>
>>47382468
you couldn't use a shield anyway (without eating huge penalties), kineticists don't get proficiency
>>
>>47382543
Masterwork Buckler has no armor check penalty
>>
>>47382543
A quickdraw throwing shield and a blinkback belt could work, if you got an ioun stone for proficiency.

Do they even have a proficiency for shields stone?
>>
>>47382392
The ethumion actually looks kind of cool, can you think of any reason (like the aasimar and tieflings with their alternate outsider parents) to have variant stats on them? I kind of want one that's con dex but wouldn't know how it would change otherwise.
>>
Quick question: what is the rule on using maneuvers while in a grapple? And stances?
>>
>>47382573
and a buckler lets you use your hand, so it wouldn't conflict with kineticist anyway.
>>
>>47382683
Stances stay on. I think maneuvers would fall under special things you can't do? I can't remember if grapple is a blacklist or whitelist of actions.
>>
>>47382392
To be fair, the telekinetic third hand is an ART. Normally they just get concentrationless Mage Hand, which would still work fine on kineticists.

What DSP really needs is to give us a kineticist-themed Glove of the Master Strategist from 3.5. It was even written by a paizo dev, they should totally port it over.
>>
>>47380023
What is the purpose of the Veiled Illusionist's capstone's list of abilities you can gain, when nothing you can turn into has them?

"If disguised as a humanoid using her veil pool ability, the veiled illusionist gains the benefit of alter self. If disguised as a cyclops or naga, she gains a +4 size bonus to Strength, a –2 penalty to Dexterity, a +4 natural armor bonus, and any of the following abilities possessed by the creature whose form she has taken: burrow 30 feet, climb 90 feet, fly 90 feet (good maneuverability), swim 90 feet, darkvision 60 feet, low-light vision, ferocity, guarded thoughts, poison, and spit. The effect lasts for a number of minutes equal to the veiled illusionist's level if she is disguised as a humanoid, or rounds per level if disguised as a cyclops or naga."

The way I read it, you only gain the abilities if you turn into a naga or cyclops, but most of the abilities on the list aren't something a naga or a cyclops has. Is the intention that you should be able to gain the abilities even if you're using the ability to assume any humanoid form, if the form you're taking normally has that ability?
>>
>>47382801
Well, if that's the case.

What about warlord gambits? Specifically, if I declared the grapple gambit, could I use the roll to maintain control of a grapple to fulfill the gambit?
>>
>>47382827
Is grapple a whitelist or a blacklist of actions?
>>
>>47382842
I... am not sure what you mean. There's things you can do in a grapple that aren't directly related to the grapple, but I'm not terribly sure about the specifics.
>>
>>47382867
Does grapple go "you can do [only] these things while grappling?" If so, then that's what can be done and ONLY what can be done. A whitelist of actions takeable.

Or, instead, does it go "you can't do these things while grappling?" If so, then anything not on that list is fair game.

I'm afb and can't check myself.
>>
>>47382867
I recall one of the devs saying you can't do maneuvers while grappled.
>>
>>47382884
>>47382892
>"Once you are grappling an opponent, a successful check allows you to continue grappling the foe, and also allows you to perform one of the following actions (as part of the standard action spent to maintain the grapple)."

Welp.

On the other hand, gambits are a swift action and not a maneuver, whereas maintaining a grapple is a standard action. For that matter, something like Encouraging Roar doesn't seem to need your limbs free to use, just your lungs and mouth.

This is complicated.
>>
>>47382933

So there you go then. Grapple checks don't let you do maneuvers. Use boosts and counters freely, and gambits.
>>
I'm looking to build a combat druid, but I have no idea how to go about it. I want to go along roughly the following path

-Flat druid levels, have an animal companion.
-Specialized either in
--all out damage
--combat manoeuvres (though if grapple or trip based I am concerned about enemies with freedom of movement of flight respectively)
The game will probably be 15 point buy.

Anyone have any ideas on feat selection?
>>
>>47380776

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?479603-Dreamscarred-Press-Introduces-Lords-of-the-Wild-The-Playtest!

This?
>>
>>47382948
Boosts and counters are maneuvers, strikes are what seem to be the unavailable ones.

Then again, Greater Grapple lets you maintain a grapple as a move action, leaving you with a standard action after the first round of grappling.

The complexity continues. Or at least, the wasted actions expand in importance.
>>
>>47382683

As long as you have the actions to perform a maneuver, you can use them.
>>47382948

If you get Greater Grapple or whatever it's called, you can maintain grapple with a move action, and use your standards for a strike.

>>47382827

That works.
>>
>>47380519
>Jingsa of the Fortunate Soldier nerf? Jason Bulmahn
Huh. Is whole ultimate equipment errata one big nerf?
>>
Did 4chanx shit over itself only for me or for everyone? 4chan started blinking constantly with 4chanx enabled to the point of usability, this stopped when I disabled the extension.
>>
>>47383054
Mostly. Yeah, some of them could've used price changes, but the nerfs for quite a few were far too excessive!
>>
>>47383054
The only not-shit thing I recall being in it was 'Advanced Firearms reload as a free action with Rapid Reload' being actual errata, not just an FAQ now.

And I think the Amulet of Mighty Fists got its price lowered.
>>
>>47383084
Nah, the AoMF was already lowered in the CRB I believe
>>
>>47383109
Hm. I recall seeing the price get reduced in the errata.
>>
>>47380519
What is the Jingasa of the Fortunate Soldier? Do you mean Jingasa of the Force-fielded Soldier?
>>
>>47383109
The price and cost of the AoMF was dropped from UE original printing, which was unchanged from CRB.

Price changed to reflect standard formula of (bonus)^2 x4000gp to purchase, half to create.

Also, the SRD has the price to buy and cost to craft swapped. So that's fun.
>>
>>47383253
That's what my CRB says, so Ultimate Equipment was just brought into line of the 6th edition of the core rule book.
>>
How common is immortality for higher level characters? Current game is planned for 20th, and so I'm contemplating whether I should dip a couple class levels or not. (Spheres of Power) The capstone on my class is agelessness, but I could really use a few extra magical talents from Incanter right now for my build.
>>
>>47383266
Immortality is a 1st level feat in 3.5 because it affects the story almost not at all. It's practically fluff, and should be allowed whenever. It has no affect on being stabbed/poisoned/diseased to death
>>
Where was the screencap of Harsk the iconic ranger having only 11 wisdom or something? All the material I can find says he has 14, which is okay for a ranger.
>>
>>47383266
>>47383281
Pathfinder with a bit of third party.
-Spheres of Power
-Psionics
-Path of War

My apologies for not specifying.
>>
>>47383281
This. The most powerful thing it might do is protect against magical aging effects, and I can only think of like one spell that does that.
>>
>>47383303
Elans are immortal, and can be practically gods when they take that poison that makes them ghostlike, except I forgot the term.
>>
>>47383452
I'm asking this after already a few levels in. While Elan would've been cool, I went with Human because of some story reasons. (It's the DM's setting.)
>>
Remember Alex Augunas, the hyper-fox-furry dude who runs "Everyman Gaming LLC" and shoves in furry kitsune art into EVERY ONE of his books?

http://paizo.com/events/v5748mkg0bi4i

>A Fox's Wedding
>Sunday morning, 9:00 am–1:00 pm • Cascade 5

>Here comes the bride!

>The town of Shusoro has been a safe, quiet home to humans and kitsune alike for generations, even if the former aren't particularly observant of the latter. But when the granddaughter of the town's heroine is ready to tie the knot with her beau, the local kitsune can't help but want to commemorate the union as only kitsune can. But when strange occurrences begin plaguing the town, its up to a group of foreign adventurers to set things right and put a stop to the kitsunes' mischief once and for all!

>That is, assuming the local kitsune ARE behind the local robberies, strange markings, and possessed children that the Samurai-Lord is complaining of....

>This adventure is a playtest for Everyman Gaming LLC's first-ever prewritten adventure, A Fox's Wedding. The time allotted may not be enough to fully complete the adventure; arrangements can be made to finish at the player's leisure.

>When: PaizoCon 2016: Sun, May 29, 2016, 12:00 pm – 04:00 pm
>Game Master: Alex Augunas
>Age Rating: All ages

Does anyone want to bite the bullet and try to play a cute fluffy tail anime foxboy/foxgirl in this game?
>>
>>47383493
Fuck that, but if someone does, make them either a bullshit broken caster or martial.
>>
>Page 173—In ring of revelation, in the first paragraph, in the last sentence, at the end add “, and Use Magic Device doesn’t allow a character to gain a revelation from this ring”.
Because fuck skills, that's why?
>>
>>47383452
Ghost syrup is the poison that turns you incorporeal permanently.
>>
>>47383493
>>47383530
>The time allotted may not be enough to fully complete the adventure; arrangements can be made to finish at the player's leisure.

Will you come to his hotel room to ERP? :3
>>
I wanna run a campaign involving a hodgepodge of things, with influences from Supernatural, Dresden Files, SCP among a few named ones
The players investigate "sightings" and things, and put these things down with brutal force
>>
>Page 231—In feather step slippers, in the first sentence, change “These” to “Once per day for 10 minutes, these”.
I guess I'll just ignore this "errata" altogether.
>>
File: 1463691817498.jpg (439 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
1463691817498.jpg
439 KB, 600x800
What're some good classes for pic related?
>>
>>47383605
Druid
>>
File: 1463693932129.jpg (336 KB, 1280x1726) Image search: [Google]
1463693932129.jpg
336 KB, 1280x1726
>>47383605
And this one
>>
>>47383605
Literally anything and nothing because I know nothing about what was presented.
>>
>bracer’s of falcon’s aim
Okay, what the actual fuck? That "errata" should have cut the price to 20% as per http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items#Table-Estimating-Magic-Item-Gold-Piece-Values
>>
>>47383632
Hahahahaha, Paizo making things actually cost what they're worth
>>
>>47383641
Uh, no, continuous magic item of first level spell with duration of 1min/level should cost 4000 per their (well, wotc's) own rules.
>>
>>47383493
All I can think of is how my players would find a way to crash that wedding and get rich doing so.

I don't yet even know how yet but they would. Probably sell the church or something.
>>
>>47383622
Reliquarian Occultist, Animal domain, Feathers subdomain, for Bird companion.
>>
>>47383262
My pdf of the CRB has the +1 price at 5kgp, not 4k, so idk man
>>
>>47383701
Like I said, my sixth printing has it at 4, 16, 36, 64, 100.
>>
What are some good "ALL DAY" tier 3 classes in 3pp and homebrew?
>>
File: ss+(2016-05-22+at+04.16.24).jpg (85 KB, 348x393) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-05-22+at+04.16.24).jpg
85 KB, 348x393
>>47383718
I
D
K
BRO
>>
File: AoMF.jpg (52 KB, 401x466) Image search: [Google]
AoMF.jpg
52 KB, 401x466
>>47383738
Jeez, I dunno either
>>
>>47383632
Actually it's 80gp worse than that, since they're now "on command", and thus on the x1800 schedule rather than x2000gp!

720gp now new appropriate cost.

Not the 4000gp they're now priced at.
>>
>>47383752
Ain't this a pickle?

Say, can I have a copy of yours? My pdf also has the most utterly fucked up bookmarks and page numbering ever conceived.
>>
>>47383728
Aegis
Initiators
Newer Soulknife Variants (Warsoul, Panoply, Etc)
Gambler Kineticist (I believe that Avant Garde is Tier 4 btw)
>>
>>47383762
No, but the trove's version on page 496 backs me up. I'd upload it, but it's too big to upload through 4chan.
>>
File: 1415590784908.png (78 KB, 517x323) Image search: [Google]
1415590784908.png
78 KB, 517x323
>>47383759
They're on-command, but they're also 1/day

So really, they should be fuckin free for how worthless the nerf makes 'em.
>>
>>47383782
The trove version has it? I'll just dl that one then. Thanks, bro.
>>
>>47380418
He got bullied by JB though. Look at his playtest Medium vs thr current Medium.

Mark already wrote all Harrow Medium at the point, but JB going all "NOPE WE NEED ONLY 6".

This also reflect on all the Medium Art. He still hold harrow card in most of them.
>>
>>47383774
Aegises, initiators, and gambler kineticists all have per-day abilities.
>>
>>47383803
So what? They are not required to use them every round to be useful.
>>
>>47383792
Yeah the turn you spend activating them *probably* negates most if not all of the benefit you'd gain from using them in that combat.
>>
>>47383799
To be fair, 54 spirits would've been shit in the same space. Six being expanded more would be much better than 54 being given a shit amount of space. Either give 54 their own book, or don't bother
>>
Should my next character be a Skinshaper Druid and go all furry spiritkin and awooo on the campaign?
>>
>>47383803
Harbinger doesn't.

Checkmate anon.
>>
>>47383632
Those are GUIDELINES, not rules. And for a good reason. Not to say that the bracers aren't overpriced, but referring to the guidelines isn't a very good argument.
>>
>>47383815
Do mystics have any per day abilities either? I don't recall them having any?
>>
>>47383810
Cut Psychic spells pages? Freaking Chakra system that no one use?
>>
File: you know what.gif (983 KB, 500x191) Image search: [Google]
you know what.gif
983 KB, 500x191
>>47383808
My problem is that they are 1/day, for one minute (so ten rounds), and you can only spend that minute in one go.

It could have at least been 10 rounds/day, swift action activation, 1 round at a time or something.

I'm so angry about this stupid fucking nerf. I love BoFAs, and now I can't. Except I can, because I don't play PFS.

In general, fuck this UE errata, I don't see how anyone here should have to pay it any mind.
>>
>>47383822
Instant Enlightenment.
Ie their most forgettable ability that was only put in to prevent dead levels

Also Font of Animus.
>>
>>47383688
Cool, thanks heaps!
>>
>>47383825
Would not make up for 54 full blown vestiges, not that I disagree with those cuts.
>>
>>47383581
Are you sure you want to use PF for that?
>>
>>47383803
Actually these are extremely limited.

The Aegis can do its shit all day. What it does have limited per day are a pool of PP it doesn't normally have any use for (AT ALL, it just gets them, you have to go out of your way to find it things to use them on), and Reconfigure.

Reconfigure is "I don't like my abilities today, I'm going to rechoose half of them". Not only do you not need it on most days, but you really can't see this as a limiting ability. It's rather a "oh, also X/day you can rechoose most of this shit in case you ever needed to"

The Gambler's PP pool is... uh..
Actually I've just about never eaten into it except for emergencies. Never emptied it either. you can do a burn cashout cycle to have enough for several manifestations whenever you need it, making it - by the way - the ONLY kineticist actually capable of healing without utterly fucking itself up.

Avant Garde is incapable of this healing, by the way, and literally cannot use Time to repair items as that healing would require him to accept a burn that's immune to meditation. Don't waste a slot on that ability!

Initiators are 96% "all day", only a very few bonus extras such as "use two boosts" or "infinite counter for one turn" are limited per day.

It doesn't get any better than that in pathfinder.
>>
>>47383837
>Ie their most forgettable ability that was only put in to prevent dead levels
No, it's there so people hate mystic recovery less and can actually use utility maneuvers with her.
>>
>>47383850
I thought the aegis was balanced around Reconfigure flexibility.

How does a gambler recharge PP?
>>
>>47383774
I consider Avant Guards really high tier 4.
They're not that versatile, but when a kineticist doesn't have to care about burn anymore, they get /really good/ at their limited utility talent skillset.

Aether Avant Guards can telekinetically lift or throw around 1000lbs/level at will, turn invisible, etc, all day.
The Astral Construct itself, while not actually that strong in combat past level 7 compared to your composite blasts, are pretty much a super utility talent with combat use, since you can reconfigure their menu choices at will with a single standard action.

ie. you actually become the JoJo
>>
>>47383837
I'm playing a gunsmoke mystic and completely forgot about instant enlightenment
>>
>>47383855
That's what Sleeping Goddess Style is for, anon.
(Also as of the pdf the Mystic only needs a minute out of combat to change which two maneuvers are the 'always on hand' ones)
>>
>>47383850
>Reconfigure is "I don't like my abilities today, I'm going to rechoose half of them".
Not unless you really pump your int.
>>
>>47383889
I've still never had to use that on my Knight-Chandler.

I used Blade Meditation for the very first time in ~8 months of campaigning today though.

It wasn't even to recover maneuvers, it was to distract the attention of monsters that were drawn to strong arcane power.
>>
>>47383850
>>47383902

You're really underestimating the use of Reconfigure/Augment Suit. Sure, they don't see regular use, especially if you're just dipping the class, but they're a reliable lifeline.

That one situation where you don't have the right solution to a problem, you can suddenly sift through the entire list of potential class features available to you (including every discipline and akashic thing) to pull out the one specific trump card you need.

You don't often need it but damn, it's extremely handy when you do.
>>
File: 40oras.jpg (17 KB, 358x310) Image search: [Google]
40oras.jpg
17 KB, 358x310
>>47383872
>Jojos are only a high tier 4
this game sometimes
>>
>>47383953
Again, not unless you pump your int. Even with 14 int, you're limited to a single 2-point customization per use... and apart from PP(which, as has been pointed out earlier in this thread, is not of much importance to Aegis unless you really want to use power stones and shards and crap), reconfigure is pretty much the only reason Aegis has for getting even that much.
>>
>>47383953
>Augment Suit
Is probably better if you have a feat to spare on Rapid Augmentation.
>>
>>47384000
Jojos are anywhere between tier 2 and tier 4 depending on the stand.
Final boss stands (time stuff) are T2, main party stands are sorta T3, but most stands are somewhere in T4.

Some things like Bohemian Rhapsody are even pretty clearly high T1.
>>
>>47384132
>>47384000
Another thing with Stands is that they reward creativity, so you can take a "weak" stand and make it pretty fucking good. I mean, Hermit Purple is pretty shit when you think about it in a fight compared with Star Platinum, but Joseph gets some decent work with it. Farseeing, a whip, Spider-man slinging through a town, catching yourself if you fall, even loading it up with a Hamon burst to pretty much insta-gib any vampires or undead stupid enough to try going for him up close.
>>
>>47383872
Yeah, I actually really like how Forrest did it. Didn't try to buff the class into some sort of super versatile thing; the avant guard is like the kineticist done right: focused on its element and really good at it, with some cool tricks to do and useful powers that you get to Square Peg into situations as you need.
>>
>>47384372
Yeah. And I think, funnily enough, Avant Guard actually works pretty close to that way with its all day utility talents.

(And not only that but one line in their wording lets them qualify for Psicrystal Affinity, so they can even have their own Sheer Heart Attack)
>>
Do Reliquarian Occultists still use Intelligence for their casting? Literally everything points to them using Wisdom (Divine Casting, Wisdom for Focus) but it's not actually written anywhere.
>>
>>47384126
Actually, Initiator’s Soul is probably better than both if you are single-classed or at least don't dip too much.
>>
What is this Avant Guard you guys are talking about and where can I find it?
>>
>>47383871
Nah. Remember you can take a day off to completely rebuild your suit, OR you can use reconfigure to do it on the fly a few points (increases along with uses as you level) at a time.

The Aegis is flexible in a pinch, but the majority of users have a 'default' setup they won't for the most part touch. Stuff like Powerful Build, Stalwart, one veil and a couple of points into initiating, for example.

You pull out reconfigure because all of a sudden you REALLY, REALLY, REALLY need burrow NOW, and swap out flight that way. Or because you need to get the bard to a temple within 48h, and the only way to do that is to completely max out flight and carry him that at several hundred feet per round (before the run multiplier!)

Gamblers produce temporary PPs through cash-out. They don't get wild-talents you see, other than their basic and the crystalline needle blasts. That's IT. They have NO utility or infusion or even other blasts or anything!

Instead, they're 6th level manifesters, and get a bunch of blast gambits, while Gambler Burn is like the old WAR Brightwizard Combustion rating: you can get it up and up and up but it doesn't DO anything.

... And then you roll a 1 and the entire burn stack hits you like a truck; full burn damage to your PP and after PP into your HP. Every 1 on skills and attacks. All of them. BOOM.

However, you can "cash out" where you zero your burn (overflow effect remains for 1rd) and get 2pp (later 3, 4 at 20) per point of burn you cashed out. These are temporary PP that disappear after (level) rounds but you're going to use them right away anyways.

Unlike anima, this isn't restricted to combat alone, so you can just charge up (with the usual light show) and manifest powers at will.

That said it's mostly stuck blasting, but it DOES get that 1d12hp heal power and the ability-damage healing one, which isn't bad. This is how you fuel your "all day" effects such as force armor and whatnot.
>>
>>47384562
So wait, Gamblers are basically like the blaster equivalent to vitalists? Making it viable?
>>
>>47384508
Initiator's soul is great for student of astral suit dips.
All the way up from character level 5 to 11 it will give you level 2 maneuvers max as a dip, but there are three level 2 maneuvers I pretty much always use it to get:
Fading strike - at will teleports
Reactive reversion - free action off-turn teleportation, with planning
And newly, Death at Ten Paces from Fool's Errand to make any melee strike from 30ft away.

This trio makes you the king of melee positioning for only 2cp.
>>
Ok so lets talk about soft cover, so if a pc is standing behind another, that means that they gain +4 AC.

This seems like a great tactical option at first glance but will missed attacks also endanger the PC in front or is there a rule that prevents this?

Because if thats the case, then PCs have very little to lose from clumping up and providing each other cover during the first few levels of the game.
>>
>>47384646
Well there's no better source of Concussive Onslaught... at mid levels when you finally get it.

Since PP is not an issue, you can go wild, with the cost being in action economy and lower actual capacity (you're not a psion you're a manifester 6th)

But the first 6 levels of the psion/wilder list, plus a few choice blasts like energy ball and whatnot?

All.
Day.
>>
>>47380119
I do this shit all the time.
>>
>>47384674
What happens to cover when there's 200 points of "continues through everything that can't stop it" line like a railgun going at you?

I mean sure you're behind that wall... but adamantine's so soft, like warm butter...
>>
>>47382218
I loved playing descent as a kid
>>
File: seething.jpg (165 KB, 501x679) Image search: [Google]
seething.jpg
165 KB, 501x679
>>47384694
Which means you hated what's in that image.

Cloaked heavy lifters were bad enough but NOOOO.

Diamond Claw 2nd Generation get a fucking plasma cannon because apparently fucking you up the ass with twice as many claws as before wasn't enough!
>>
>>47384652
>Initiator's soul is great for student of astral suit dips.
Can you use practiced initiator on it?
>>
>>47384562
>These power points can only be used to manifest gambler powers and activate gambler class features
D'aww.
>>
>Campaign is set in Irrisen
>Some sort of white haired anime animal ear PC joins campaign
>He claims that the reason his PC has white hair is because he's Irriseni by ethnicity
>Speaks english in bad romanian accent
>Claims that this is because his parents are immigrants who moved to Ustalav for a slightly better life and that he grew up speaking nothing but skald
>Ask him why he has the animal ears
>He's apparently some sort of artifical lycanthrope because he's a beastmorph alchemist
>Doesnt help by the fact that the GM seems to like him because of his character's constant referencing of slavic lore because his PC is some sort of slavic-boo
Should I bully him pfg? If so, how hard?
>>
>>47384751
I was too busy trying to speedrun the missions they were on because the codex said they loved to slaughter captured prisoners and I wanted to catch them red handed.
>>
>>47384809
What class?
>>
>>47384778
Yes, but aegis works best as a 3 level dip on another full initiator: because then you practiced initiator your main class and keep full IL at your level.
>>
>>47384805
>expecting them to give you infinite pp with a one-level dip
>>
>>47384817
Beastmorph Alchemist, seems to have dipped in rogue since he also deals sneak attack damage.
>>
>>47384823
But you can dip aegis 4 with the same effect, and with aegis 4 / initiator X you can select level 2+ maneuvers with that initiator. Though aegis 3 / something 1 / initiator X works too I guess.
>>
>>47384837
Absolutely. Bully him, tug on his ears, let him have it. Fuck his catboipussy anon, it's the only way.
>>
File: Slav Drow 2.png (509 KB, 1332x3858) Image search: [Google]
Slav Drow 2.png
509 KB, 1332x3858
>>47384809
It won't matter. Anything you do would be an improvement over what he left.
>>
>>47383493
>>47383565
>>47383686
>crash that wedding

Will there be survivors?
>>
>>47384873
It's a big wedding.
>>
>>47384852
Aegis 3 is all you need for student of the astral suit, and even though you don't fall behind in maneuver levels, I find what you get between aegis 3 and 4 isn't worth being a level behind on main class features.
>>
File: happy.png (713 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
happy.png
713 KB, 1366x768
>>47384873
For certain definitions of survivor
>>
>>47384958
It's so that you can enter your first level of main initiator at IL 5, anon.
>>
>>47384958
Aegis 4 is Augment Suit, saves go up, and opens up Greater Extra Arms, the second grade of fortification, and a few others as "8th level".
>>
>>47384966
IL3 actually.
Level 1 (say, Warder), plus half of Aegis.
>>
>>47385008
Practiced Initiator.
>>
>>47385027
Oh yeah, forgot about that.
>>
>>47384674
You don't even need to stand behind each other. iirc you need to be able to draw a line from any one of your corners to ALL corners of the enemy, otherwise they have soft cover.

By RAW missed attacks don't hit others, but a lot of DM's like to make archers the ultimate douchebags by making (a portion) of missed arrows strike allies providing soft cover.
>>
>>47385128
I've been worried about this and its a great way to start an adversarial relationship with your GM by going "oh yeah? I guess I'll shoot at the goblin standing behind the ogre in full plate so I have better chances of hitting the ogre."
>>
>>47384691
Don't know what kind of railgun you were using, but mine was 3d10.
>>
>>47385172
In one of my recent campaigns the dm had a rule that rolling 1's resulted in provoking AoO's if melee or friendly fire if ranged. We started at level 8ish and our bolt-ace killed our bloodrager like 4 turns into the campaign.
>>
>>47385172
Yeah, but you recognise no GM would do that. They would slap you and say, it only hurts the target in front if the original attack roll was high enough to hit them.

>>47385207
Can't you just...not take advantage of AOOs? You don't have to take them.
>>
>>47385224
Enemies get AoO's if you roll a 1 in melee. Rolling a 1 at ranged instead makes you hit allies.
>>
what path of war disciplines are good at fighting tons of people at once? I am going ordained defender warder/aurora soul mystic gestalt and trying to see what i need to grab maneuver wis aside from their base things
>>
>>47385232
Sounds like a wonderful way to fuck with monks and twf users even further.
>>
Since our DM is leaving us for personal reasons, our new DM offered us several campaign choices.

I want to play a bushi warlord, which one do you think I should vote for?

1. Agito II: The Fall of Magic
Low fantasy that focuses on exploration. Light hearted in nature and in general is the least edgy. You play as a prospecting adventurer travelling the world and hoping to strike it rich by excavating ruins.

2. Nostrand Equitus
Essentially PF in a cold war setting. Is more serious and is operation based. You play as the legendary soldier unit that is seeking to regain the reputation of your comatose commander, the Dai Taichou.

3. Mana Academia
Generally light-hearted but also has some heavy themes. Most weeb of all. You play as a student in a school for the Fury (hunters of evil beasts).
>>
>>47385245
>>47385232
Not to mention nerfing ALL martials further in comparison with casters.
>>
File: you died.gif (2 MB, 402x323) Image search: [Google]
you died.gif
2 MB, 402x323
>>47385239
Depends on how your character works otherwise.

Black Seraph has some good aoe maneuvers and one stance at later levels that deals 2d6 and gains that much, so it scales with the number of people taking that damage.

Elemental Flux is practically made of aoe maneuvers, and you can swap up damage types.

Silver Crane's Spiral is good if you're an archer and you're swamped, lets you make a shot against everyone in 30ft.

Veiled moon has some aoe abilities, but they're also useful for surprise tankiness through becoming incorporeal if you're worried about being swamped.
>>
>>47385207
And did he have anything of the sort for casters?

No, of course he didn't did he.
>>
>>47385245
>>47385285

Overall it was a total fuckfest. I was playing a hybrid natural attack/twf build and had like 5 or 6 attacks a turn. I pretty much provoked AoO's atleast every second turn.

It was a stupid rule and I had told the DM beforehand but he just went with it. Was a fun campaign but way too lulzy with renown (8th level+) heroes shooting each other and leaving wide openings in their attacks.
>>
>>47385302
Of course not, but we only had one real caster and he was using shit spells.
>>
File: beams.png (394 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
beams.png
394 KB, 640x480
>>47385239
It only has one, and at level 5 no less, but if you're built to take advantage of it, Silver Spiral Strike attacks everything in your first *increment*.

I recommend you let the GM calm down before reminding him every 'shot' of your Maxim does a LINE.
>>
File: 1459306084088.jpg (168 KB, 1240x1754) Image search: [Google]
1459306084088.jpg
168 KB, 1240x1754
>>47385338
>every shot of your maxim is a line
>distance
>empowered shot
>is a line
>>
>>47385396
And this is why PoW big event battles are best done like Dynasty Warriors, instead of "three men and a dragon".

That way when the Gunsmoke Aurora-Breaks that True-Musou, everyone can cheer at the difference he's just made to the battlefield, instead of just you the GM collapsing in on yourself in anguish.

Besides, heroes are *supposed* to make heroic stands against ginormous armies anyways, this shit just makes it possible.
>>
What the fuck would you do against one of these?
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/aberrations/neothelid/neothelid-overlord
>>
>>47385527
The only challenging thing about this creature is its aura, so just send your zombies at it, I guess.
>>
>>47385527
Poison it.
>>
>>47385338
That's correct, it's a line. A line which you might not be able to use against more than a couple targets because of the way the line is drawn. It's not a 120 to 240 ft. radius burst.
>>
File: Missiles.png (468 KB, 640x477) Image search: [Google]
Missiles.png
468 KB, 640x477
>>47385527
>Touch 6
>No fire immunity so it won't be taking half damage

Well, my own character aside who would've probably put a hole through it at 600ft at level 11 (APL+10 encounter?), you get two or three archers to full attack it from beyond 60ft and it probably drops in one round?
>>
>>47385624
Doesn't matter; the line is just a choco-fudge brownie atop the sundae.

The 120ft (240 if distance, 360 if distance and empower as anon suggests up there) radius burst is the main attack; the lines just continue outwards *past* these points, it's just hilarious when they overlap if ever.

Generally speaking you're probably actually in the air when you use this that way anyways, so it's more a matter of whose basements all the bullets end up in.

I guess if you're up against a packed army and do this from above the question may be more related to sinkholes though...

Best case scenario: you strike oil!
>>
>>47385581
>>47385584
>>47385629
Are you all assuming it's retarded?
>>
>>47385756
Please teach us about the Neolothid ways, anon-senpai, for I do not see how this creature of yours is so mighty.
>>
>>47385756
No, I'm assuming it doesn't roll a 20 on its fort save.
>>
>>47385756
No. However, given its lack of immunities, if you can spot it from afar, it's over. With some ranged characters even if it was hiding behind twenty umber hulks, it would STILL be fucking over, in the exact same number of shots, no less.

The neothelid overlord's Rocket-Tag factor is a 60ft radius around itself.
It is Gargantuan: no hiding in tiny corridors, you see that thing coming a mile away. It has good health but is not particularly well armored and has ABYSMAL touch AC. You rarely see it quite THAT bad!

The overlord is like a Zoanthrope: a heavy threat of total mindfucking within its range, but otherwise a helplessly squishy target: It's not particularly fast, it's not particularly mobile, its Reflex and Fort are goddamn pathetic, and I don't think it's even POSSIBLE to encounter it at a level where its DR is not flat out ignored.

With SR 31, it's actually very well protected against spellcasters attempting steal its soul and make them their slaves, but it's a glass cannon with a limited effect radius.

Simply put: It will laugh off most puny attempts at mind control or other magical shenanigns... BUT! "I shoot it from 200ft away" IS QUITE LITERALLY ITS GREATEST WEAKNESS.

It's actually not that surprising: at the highest levels, "damage", good'ol reliable damage, that thing that was left on the side of the road due to immensely more effective things from "color spray" to "mass dominate", eventually, courtesy of "aha! I am immune to taxation; behold! A RIBBON!" sometimes shines once more: When all your special tricks no longer work... It's still there, as dumb as unimpressive as it ever was, chugging along, doing the only thing it's ever been good for.

Notably; putting terminally gaping exit wounds in alien godly brains.
>>
>>47385756
Long ranged attackers are actually the thing it can do the least against, looking at all its abilities. This thing hides in the shadows behind a throne and pulls all the strings like nobody's fucking business, and any charging knight will valiantly turn right the fuck around because new master tells him to. But those five guys with longbows over there will pincushion it before it can ever do fuck-all.

It's like a troll vs a pyromancer. Somebody's greatest strenghts just fell the fuck apart, and there's fuck all he can hope to do about it all.
>>
Ok so rules wise is there anything stopping an alchemist from giving his tumor familiar a bag of holding or a haversack and having it merge back with him with said items in tow?
It seems like a really great strategy to keep people from fucking with my formula book as well as my alchemy creation kit.
>>
>>47380590
What is vancian casting?
>>
File: Capture55.png (51 KB, 795x655) Image search: [Google]
Capture55.png
51 KB, 795x655
>>47386648
A totally ungoogleable term.
>>
>>47380071
Tome Eater Occultist/Scroll Master Wizard Archmage who happens to be an awakened animated object.
He is his own bonded tome and spell book.

They will call him, the Highshelfer.
THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!
>>
>>47386733
B-but you get better explanations from anons and their walls of text.
>>
I'm pretty sure the answer is no, but can I use rays with martial strikes?
>>
>>47386853
Grimoire Weiss, is that you?
>>
>>47386909
The Warlock archetype for Vigilanties can.
>>
>>47386951
>prepared caster
No thank you
>>
>>47384837
>>47384856
>>47384817
if he's dealing sneak attack it might actually be a vivisection beastmorph alchemist if this isn't pfs
bully him but watch out in higher levels if he pulls out a mutagen otherwise you might be in for some roll reversal
>>
What's the status of akasha? Still in layout hell?
>>
Serious question as I'm a newb to role playing.
Why would anyone play D&D when pathfinder exysts?

Isn't Pathfinder D&D but with more stuff? Google told me Pathfinder has completely outsold D&D.
>>
>>47387522
There are several editions of D&D. When Wizards of the Coast rolled out D&D 4th edition many players were still devoted to 3.5 edition, so Paizo/Pathfinder published their own system, which is very similar to 3.5, in order to gobble up the 3.5 crowd who didn't like the new system (or just didn't want to make that big of a switch). They continue releasing new material to maintain their audience, even now that 4th is pretty much dead and 5th edition is out. They're mechanically different systems, so it's up to the players to figure out which they'd rather play.
>>
>>47387548
But in all that time D&D has released 5th edition, Pathfinder has continiously added and revisioned the 3.5 formula, right?

I will have to read some more about this before deciding which one to play. Thanks for your reply anon.
>>
>>47387599
Yeah pretty much. The advantage of Pathfinder is that you have an absolute fuckton of material to work with and you can all look it up for free on the d20pfsrd.

The advantage of 5e dnd is imo that it's a better system, but it severely lacks in content.
>>
>>47387522
Pathfinder is basically D&D 3.5 but worse, and the only reasons to use it are the player base and the fact that it's still supported.
>>
>>47387522
>I'm a newb to role playing
IMO your system choice then is, in order:
1) Whatever your friends or local club run/play.
2) D&D 5E if you are sold to its name.
3) GURPS if you are not, or after D&D.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 47

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.