[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dragon Ball Tuffle Quest Z #33
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 184
Thread images: 35
File: KamehamehaZ.jpg (346 KB, 800x1007) Image search: [Google]
KamehamehaZ.jpg
346 KB, 800x1007
>You are Maple Son-Mahogany, one of two young Tuffle twins thrown at Earth starting in early Dragon Ball by your "father," Dr. Raichi

>"Canon" had already taken a sharp turn from the "norm" when you began, and through your actions, choices, and dialogue, took even further turns from the "norm," and will probably continue to do so

>Stats and dice mechanics are used, and can be explained again as needed

>Let's all try to have some fun, ok?

And a pastebin:

http://pastebin.com/HiDXTWG6

Last time, on Dragon Ball Tuffle Quest Z! After joining Hassan's ship off planet Imecka, you reunited with Chiaotzu and finally got to go to Guss' Galaxy Grill with the Ginyus! There, you learned the terrible truth behind the Special, helping to calm the beast as Jiya arrests the one responsible. Now your odyssey to the stars continues...

https://youtu.be/NLOxUvbGG1I
>>
File: Jiya.png (183 KB, 283x559) Image search: [Google]
Jiya.png
183 KB, 283x559
>>47370892
As you see Jiya slowly and carefully help the giant creature into a container, you can't help but wonder... "What's going to happen to her?"

He turns and, while the suit makes him look like he's perpetually frowning, his voice is surprisingly optimistic. "She'll be released on an unpopulated world, a carefully guarded nature preserve where those like her won't be hunted and used for their eggs. Or, even worse, for sport."

...the thing managed to knock you into a ship so hard you left a dent in it, and some aliens hunt her kind for sport. Probably people like Freeza. It sounds like something he'd do. "Well... what about that guy?" you point to the person who was shouting at you to not kill the monster earlier.

"He will face justice soon enough. I need to make a report to HQ." Jiya comments, heading to his ship.

Chiaotzu watches him quietly for a moment, then speaks up. "Maple... got a question."

"Shoot."

He gives you an uncomfortable look. "You... are aware of just how the Ginyus operate, right? How a lot of the forces under Freeza operate?"

>A. Yeah, like Raditz
>B. There's good in everyone. Even them
>C. Well, what did you hear?
>D. Something else?
>>
>>47370907
>>A. Yeah, like Raditz
>>
>>47370907
>A. Yeah, like Raditz
>>
>>47370907
>A. Yeah, like Raditz

>C. Well, what did you hear?
>>
>>47370907
>D. Aren't you all high and mighty on your Inoshikacho, where is it nowadays? I can remember back to when we first met, what were you doing then?
>>
>>47370907
>A. Yeah, like Raditz
>>
>>47370907
>A. Yeah, like Raditz
>B. There's good in everyone. Even them
>>
File: Raditz-what.jpg (105 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Raditz-what.jpg
105 KB, 1280x720
>>47370907
You cross your arms. "You mean like Raditz?"

"Ah-" Chiaotzu looks down. "...but, Raditz was-"

"And Vegeta. And Nappa. And Cui. And... lots of people, on smaller scales." you list off, memories resurfacing from all the people that were once foes, and now are allies. Friends. "It hasn't been everyone we've encountered, no. But I... I want to believe there's potential for change in everyone. Change for the better." You pat his shoulder. "Hey, years ago you and Tien were tricking people out of their money with the Inoshikacho, weren't you?"

"...yeah." he admits with a sigh.

"I know it's not the same scale, but... you, Tien, even Shen and Tao, you all changed, didn't you?" A nod and a curious look from your friend asks you to continue. "I know the Ginyus have probably taken dozens, maybe hundreds of worlds for Freeza. But... I want to believe they can change." You look back, Hassan's ship departing. "It won't wipe away their crimes, no... but there's good in them. I believe they can see that some day too."

(cont.)
>>
File: Chiaotzu_.jpg (5 KB, 200x160) Image search: [Google]
Chiaotzu_.jpg
5 KB, 200x160
>>47371485
A smile is across Chiaotzu's face as you finish. "Trying to win the Miss Universe award now?"

You noogie his head gently, laughing. "Veeeeery funny, fellow 'midget.' Say, what HAS the Inoshikacho been up to?"

"He's gotten a bit lazy, to be honest. Used to help Keli, Bisa, Lao and Shao with their training, but now they're strong enough that he doesn't really need to help them." Chiaotzu responds, walking with you to the ship. "Pilaf seems to like him, though. Keeps his 'advisors' in line."

The two of you finally join Jiya and Undine, hopping in the ship and heading off. It's... quite a bit cramped, even with as comparatively small as you and Chiaotzu are, but you'll have to make due. Jiya transports the creature to a larger Galactic Patrol ship by the end of the day, and then turns to you. "As much as I would like to help you both, Undine and I still have some work to do. We can take you to get a rental ship, or maybe drop you two off on a nearby planet. But we can't spend more than a month away from our duties."

>A. Rental ship, please
>B. Could you get us near Planet Brench?
>C. How close is it to Planet Metamor?
>D. Well, Goku is apparently on planet Gelbo...
>E. Say, is Undine actually a member of the Patrol?
>F. Something else?
>>
>>47371498
>>A. Rental ship, please
>>
>>47371498
>A. Rental ship, please

Kinda weird for a water elemental to be so far away from her home. Unless a certain dashing galactic patrolman swept her off her feet.
>>
>>47371498
>F. The nearby planet of Soopryz
>>
>>47371498
>F. Something else?
Ask about the work their doing. Offer our help!
>>
>>47371622
Nah, nah, that planet's uncharted, where we wanna go is Soopryz'mi, its mysterious moon.
>>
>>47371498
>A. Rental ship, please
>>
>>47371498
>F. Offer Equal Exchange with Undine and Jiya while we're here!
>>
File: under arrest.gif (96 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
under arrest.gif
96 KB, 600x338
>>47371984
Trying to bribe a patrolman, eh?
>>
>>47372062
...wonder what the galactic version of the miranda rights is?
>>
>>47371498
>A. Rental ship, please
>>
>>47372190
In space, you have the right to remain silent.
>>
>>47371498
You sit back as best you can. "Rental ship would be good. Best to have some kind of reliable transportation, though... you guys sure you don't want any help with what you're doing?"

"We're more than capable of it, Maple." Undine replies from inside Jiya's armor.

...actually that raises another question. "So... are you part of the Patrol now, or just helping out?"

A soft giggle comes from the armor. "Perhaps a charming little man came and scooped me out of the waters back home~"

"U-Undine, please, be professional." Jiya mumbles out, voice clearly embarrassed. "She is the first Earthling to become a member of the Patrol."

You're grinning far too hard. "And she got partnered with you, huuuuuh?"

"W-we will help you and Chiaotzu find a rental ship." he states, desperate to change the subject.

By the next day you're at a spaceport, Jiya paying for a rental ship for you and Chiaotzu. Relatively small, smaller than the one you went to Namek in, but it seems quite a deal faster. Chiaotzu seems to like the little thing. "So... where to, Maple?"

>A. Planet Brench, let's try to find Lazuli
>B. Planet Metamor, I'm curious about it
>C. Planet Gelbo, we should get Goku
>D. Somewhere else?
>>
>>47372257
>>B. Planet Metamor, I'm curious about it
>>
>>47372257
>>
>>47372257
>B. Planet Metamor, I'm curious about it
On the way we should foresight it up to see how Goku and Lazuli are doing. Try our hand at scrying?
>>
>>47372257
>>
>>47372257
>D. Planet Cold 1
It'll be like the Arya scenes in GoTs' Season 2
>>
>>47372257
>>
>>47372257
>D. Planet Yardrat, I wanna meet the person who trounced the Ginyus
>>
File: MirrorShip.jpg (25 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
MirrorShip.jpg
25 KB, 640x480
>>47372257
"Planet Brench, let's try to find Lazuli first." you state, hopping into the ship. You take some time to go over the, admittedly simple, controls in order to get a good hang of it, and then let the autopilot head towards Planet Brench, or "Cooler Planet No. 98" as it's called. Along the way though, you come across something. A ship exactly like your own... or so it seems. Sensors are telling you both that there's nothing there.

You and Chiaotzu try to move your ship out of the way, but something seems to be pulling you towards the other one. You go for emergency maneuvers... but you then get a glimpse of foresight. Something... needs your help. Just as it seems like you're about to crash, the image of the mirrored ship vanishes and a large section of an even bigger ship opens up.

You carefully bring your ship to a stop inside, testing if there's atmosphere around. Thankfully, you can breathe it, and what's more, you and Chiaotzu can sense that there are people aboard this place. Your friend places his arms behind his head. "Well... guess we're not getting out of here until we deactivate the tractor beam, or whatever it was that pulled us in here."

>A. Sense around, maybe try to contact one of the people on this ship telepathically
>B. Let's get moving, sooner we're out sooner we can rescue Lazuli
>C. Let's split up, should cover more ground that way
>D. Something else?
>>
>>47372793
>>A. Sense around, maybe try to contact one of the people on this ship telepathically
>>
>>47372793
>A. Sense around, maybe try to contact one of the people on this ship telepathically

Don't split the party!
>>
>>47372793
>>A. Sense around, maybe try to contact one of the people on this ship telepathically

Let's not rush into anything.
>>
Roll me 2d20, best of five. DC is 10 for both.
>>
Rolled 5, 16 = 21 (2d20)

>>47372944
Eezy peezy
>>
Rolled 6, 17 = 23 (2d20)

>>47372944
>>
Rolled 20, 10 = 30 (2d20)

>>47372944
>>
Rolled 1, 2 = 3 (2d20)

>>47372944
qq
>>
Rolled 9, 17 = 26 (2d20)

>>47372944
>>
>>47373032
>>47373035
>>47373146
>>47373152
>>47373188
...interesting, interesting.

Writing...
>>
File: Cui-conquest.jpg (80 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Cui-conquest.jpg
80 KB, 640x480
>>47372793
https://youtu.be/IcsyzQFRB7g

You and Chiaotzu hop out of the ship and sense around. There's people here, but it's almost like they don't want to contact you. There's this lingering feeling of... distrust. You try to focus on one.

You reach into this person's mind. Seems to be... a young girl? She seems to be human, or close enough to it. 'Pardon me, but you seem to have trapped our-' Aaaaand there's screaming. '...sorry to have spooked you. Hi, um, I'm Maple, from planet Earth. What's your name?'

'...Emi...'

You slowly walk, looking around the ship. 'Emi, where are your parents?'

'...gone... everyone's are gone...'

Oh. Ohhh... 'I'm sorry. I didn't know.'

'They took them.' You can feel that she's on the verge of tears. You slowly look through the girl's mind... gods, it's like a nightmare. Parts of her memory seem intentionally blocked out, but... her whole planet, it's been conquered. By Freeza's forces, clearly. So much death and destruction... this... wait a minute is that Cui?!

"Maple look out!" Chiaotzu shouts.

Two walls suddenly close in and slam shut around you. You're dazed for a moment, but push them back into place with a shockwave of Ki. Well... that was embarrassing. You... hope nobody else really saw that. Back to the topic at hand. '...if it helps you feel any better, Emi, my friends kicked that alien's butt.'

'...you're lying.' She... just can't believe that statement. 'Liars are bad people.'

>A. Telling the truth, promise
>B. Show her your memory of Cui being taken in by the Galactic Patrol
>C. Who is in charge, Emi?
>D. Something else?
>>
>>47373647
>>B. Show her your memory of Cui being taken in by the Galactic Patrol
>>
>>47373647
>>B. Show her your memory of Cui being taken in by the Galactic Patrol
>>
>>47373647
>>
>>47373647
>C. Who is in charge, Emi?
>>
File: Zeshin.png (279 KB, 400x537) Image search: [Google]
Zeshin.png
279 KB, 400x537
>>47373647
'Telling the truth, honest.' Let's see... aha! You quickly share with her some of your memory of Cui being taken by the Galactic Patrol. There's a sudden wave of relief in her mind.

'...I'm sorry, psychic girl...'

Aha! And there you go- ...wait a minute. 'Hey, I'm old enough to be your mom, kid.'

You sense that she giggled at that. 'Sorry.'

'It's fine. Can... you tell me who's in charge here?'

'Zeshin... he got us to the ship. Saved us. I'll... go find him.'

Poor kid, but, maybe you can do something to help her out. You and Chiaotzu continue through the ship, coming across the entrance to a large room, with people on the other side. When you and Chiaotzu open the door... you two are immediately held at gunpoint by what's probably a hundred... children? "Don't move, kid." one of them barks as an order. "Both of you, stay where you are!"

>A. You put that down, you'll hurt yourself
>B. I'm not a kid
>C. Take their guns
>D. Something else?
>>
>>47373933
>>A. You put that down, you'll hurt yourself
>>
>>47373933
>B. I'm not a kid
Respect your elders!
>>
>>47373933
>D. Something else?
"Take your best shot. Go on. Shoot a woman down in cold blood. You'd make a good pto grunt Zeshin. Cui could've used you when my friends kicked his butt."
>>
>>47373933
>>A. You put that down, you'll hurt yourself
>>
>>47373933
>A. You put that down, you'll hurt yourself
>B. I'm not a kid
>C. Take their guns
>D.
Mom mode engage. Full lecture, don't hold it back. Momple time.
>>
File: ralphie.jpg (18 KB, 250x188) Image search: [Google]
ralphie.jpg
18 KB, 250x188
>>47374020
>You'll shoot your eye out, kid.
>>
Roll me 1d20, best of five. DC 9.
>>
Rolled 15 (1d20)

>>47374085
Mom the shit out of them
>>
Rolled 15 (1d20)

>>47374085
We should take one, upgrade it, fire a round off to show them we mean business.
>>
Rolled 12 (1d20)

>>47374085
>>
Rolled 7 (1d20)

>>47374085
>>
>>47374085
>>
Rolled 6 (1d20)

>>47374085
>>
>>47374099
>>47374105
>>47374120
>>47374129
>>47374144
All righty! Writing...
>>
File: Emi.gif (11 KB, 120x100) Image search: [Google]
Emi.gif
11 KB, 120x100
>>47373933
Oh you are so not in the mood for this. You give all the kids pointing guns at you and Chiaotzu an annoyed glare, place your hands on your hips, and... "You all put those down right now! Some of you might shoot your eyes out! And I'm no kid, the name is Maple Son-Mahogany, mother of two. Is this any way to treat someone your ship pulled in without any contact or warning?"

A good majority of them lower their guns and just stare blankly. Some of them even seem to flinch. Haha, you've got your "motherly lecture" tone down. Some still are pointing their guns at you and Chiaotzu, including the one who spoke with you before. "Sh-shut up! You're working for Freeza, I know it! We won't be fooled by any-"

You glare at him.

"...I-I'm serious, back off! You better not come any closer!"

You glare harder.

"Stop that, I'm... I'm warning you!"

Your glare, full of disappointment, disapproval, and a bit of disgust, seems to pierce the kid's soul.

"I SAID STOP IT!"

You notice him tighten his grip on his gun. You quickly bolt at him before he can pull the trigger, faster than he can react, and take the gun from his hand. He's left speechless. You then put the gun down and glare at all the other kids still taking aim at you. "I said put those down!" you shout.

The kids all seem to do as you ask, trembling slightly. You drop the gun in your hand and glare at the boy in front of you. Suddenly a door on the other side opens, a girl rushing in. "Zeshin wait, don't- ...oh."

Aha, Emi!

>A. Hi Emi. Please explain to your friend that it's not nice to point guns at ladies
>B. Let her explain
>C. Explain yourself
>D. Grab the kid by the ear and walk over to Emi with him
>E. Something else?
>>
>>47374367
>>A. Hi Emi. Please explain to your friend that it's not nice to point guns at ladies
>>
>>47374367
>>D. Grab the kid by the ear and walk over to Emi with him

Fuckit full mamma bear now
>>
>>47374367
>A. Hi Emi. Please explain to your friend that it's not nice to point guns at ladies
And after all that is done with
>C. Explain yourself
>>
>>47374367
>E. Something else?
"These pop guns wouldn't do anything to PTO soldiers or someone like Cui. You mentioned a ship before that saved you. How? The PTO have scanners, trackers and such. One ship getting away could've been easily tracked."

>C. Explain yourself
>>
>>47374367
>B. Let her explain

Handling guns, pointing them at people? He'll be so grounded that not even Shenron will be able to do anything about it.
>>
>>47372190
>miranda rights
Miranda Waiver.
>>
>>47374367
>>D. Grab the kid by the ear and walk over to Emi with him
>>
>>47373975
Someone's been playing a bit too much Mass Effect Renegade lately.

Maple is a Paragon!
PARAGON!

... even though Paragon is objectively the worst option.
>>
File: paragade.png (76 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
paragade.png
76 KB, 900x900
>>47374681
I drink paragade.

Stay away from renegon. That shit's nasty.
>>
File: ZeshinTrustsZFighters.png (318 KB, 851x479) Image search: [Google]
ZeshinTrustsZFighters.png
318 KB, 851x479
>>47374367
You grab the kid by the ear and pull him with you as you walk towards Emi, the boy groaning out "Ow! Ow! Ow!" along the way. You smile at the young girl. "Hello Emi, nice to finally meet you. Please explain to him that it is not nice to point guns at young ladies? Especially young ladies not in league with Freeza."

"Her friends stopped the one who conquered our world! It's true!" she says happily. "They handed him over to the Galactic Patrol!"

"Wh... what? They..." He glances at you uncertainly. For emphasis, you share the same scene telepathically with him. His shoulders slump and you finally let go of his ear.

You place your hands on your hips. "Listen, I know you folks are probably not used to finding people like us around, but we aren't here to hurt anyone. We promise. We're trying to find our friend, who got kidnapped and taken to a planet far away, Planet Brench. My name is Maple, and this," you call your friend over, "Is Chiaotzu. We're both from Planet Earth, quite a long ways away."

The kids all start mumbling amongst themselves. Zeshin looks up at you apologetically. "I... guess you're not in league with them."

Before you can respond, warning signs blare around you. Another boy rushes in. "Zeshin, the engines! It's happened again!"

"Wh-what?!" he shouts in a panic. "Everyone, get the hoses, we'll need to contain the fire!"

>A. Chiaotzu, we should help
>B. What do you mean "again?"
>C. Something else?
>>
>>47374884
>C. Something else?
Send the Ice Magician to contain the fires.

Maple should stay and try to extract as much information from these guys about their knowledge of Ship mechanics and maintenence as possible. Talk to them, telepathy (if given permission).
>>
>>47374884
>>
>>47374884
>>A. Chiaotzu, we should help
>>B. What do you mean "again?"
>>
>>47374884
>C. Something else?

"Get me your engineering team, asap."
>>
File: ZeshinFirefighting.jpg (46 KB, 422x480) Image search: [Google]
ZeshinFirefighting.jpg
46 KB, 422x480
>>47374884
"Chiaotzu, let's help out. If it's fires, your Ice Magic can deal with it."

"Right!"

You turn to Zeshin. "Who is your engineering team? If this has happened 'again' then you must know of some way to fix it."

He gulps. "It's... w-well they've been working in the control room-"

"Then get them close by there as soon as possible, I'll help them fix this up after Chiaotzu is done with the fires." You walk off with Chiaotzu, heading down with Zeshin and some others. Eventually you come across the heat and smoke. Hrm... well, if it's fire, then it might be good to take out some of the fuel. "I'll try to create a vacuum ahead of us, Chiaotzu, blast it with ice!"

"Frost Barrage!" Chiaotzu shouts, firing several Dodonpa blasts into the flames. You coordinate with him and keep things under control, using your telekinesis to cut some of the fires from the oxygen fueling them. Zeshin and a couple more kids hit the fires with what seems to be water. You're... not sure that's the best usage of it on a ship like this, but maybe they can refuel somehow.

With the fires finally put out, you head into the engine room, pushing away the smoke and checking over the... rather shoddy state they seem to be in. "What the... is that duct tape?" That's duct tape. Or... at least you think it is.

"We have very little to use to repair this ship, cut us some slack." one kid grumbles at you. "It's not like any of us trained for this back home."

>A. Take your time fixing everything wrong here
>B. Are you kids aware of any Galactic Patrol bases nearby?
>C. Ask the engineers what else they did before to "fix" the engines
>D. Something else?
>>
>>47375541
>>
>>47375541
>>B. Are you kids aware of any Galactic Patrol bases nearby?
>>C. Ask the engineers what else they did before to "fix" the engines
>>
>>47375541

We should get their engines in a state where it won't burst into flames or malfunction, and direct them to a safe galactic patrol base. Or we could tip off Jiya and arrange for the GP to tow the vessel.
>>
>>47375541
>D. Something else?

Ask them their end goal. Where are they headed? Do they need a new home world? Earth could take them in.

"...That's because the adults who died and made this ship didn't train you..."
>>
>>47375541
can we use clothes beam to make spare parts?
>>
Okay, roll me 1d20, best of five. DC is 13.
>>
Rolled 14 (1d20)

>>47375760
>>
Rolled 7 (1d20)

>>47375760
>>
Rolled 16 (1d20)

>>47375760
>>
Rolled 7 (1d20)

>>47375760
>>
>>47375669
Hadn't really thought of it before, but perhaps the armor material the PTO use could get adapted to a seal that could be beamed over things due to it's elastic nature and durability? Also the fact that we can make that at least.
>>
Rolled 16 (1d20)

>>47375760
>>
>>47375772
>>47375829
>>47375868
>>47375877
>>47375950
All righty then, writing...
>>
>>47373933
Technically, we're old enough to be a mom, not her mom, especially in one of your quests.
>>
File: Alena-wat.jpg (90 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
Alena-wat.jpg
90 KB, 700x700
>>47375541
"What exactly did you do before to fix these things?" you ask aloud, resisting the temptation to poke the duct tape.

"We... well, we fixed it as best we could!" one of the kids shouts in near-protest, a hint of shame in his voice. "I mean... we tried, at least. You know, put out the fires, put everything back in place. ...we think."

Oh gods it's a miracle the kids have lasted this long. You quickly get to work. You might not know any more about the ship than they do, but you have some experience with tech, and you can at least make some appropriate guesswork where applicable. That, and having some schematics in the engine room itself. As you get to work, materializing what pieces that are completely missing as best you can, you give directions to the kids on how to fix things better than before.

As you do, Zeshin watches over you working with them. "...why are you helping us? I get that you aren't with Freeza, but-"

"I'm not going to let a bunch of orphaned kids get themselves hurt out here. In fact..." You stand, looking at him right in the eyes. "Do you know how close it is to the nearest Galactic Patrol-controlled port? Because if you're looking for a place to go instead of drifting aimlessly, that's your best shot."

He hangs his head. "Not... really..."

(cont.)
>>
File: Chiaotzu_9571.jpg (10 KB, 210x240) Image search: [Google]
Chiaotzu_9571.jpg
10 KB, 210x240
>>47376715
"Then I'm gonna give you guys directions, and ask you all to head there as soon as you're able to. Or at the very least, try to head to Earth. I'm sure they'd appreciate some aliens that aren't out to conquer the planet, for once." That happens far more often than it should, really.

With the engines repaired to a far more workable condition, you get them their contact information and tell them to mention yourself and Jiya when they speak with someone there. Should smooth things over. With things wrapped up, you and Chiaotzu say your goodbyes, Emi giving you a quick hug before you leave.

Back on your ship, you and Chiaotzu head off for Planet Brench. Your friend hasn't really stopped smiling since you gave the kids that lecture. "...something funny?"

"Nah, just... kinda figuring that kind of stuff comes a bit more naturally, now that you kids. Doesn't it?" He laughs. "Ah... wonder how Tien and Launch are doing..."

>A. They're probably fine, even with whatever threats Towa has ready for the Earth
>B. We'll be back home soon enough, I'm sure Tien would want his best man at his wedding, after all
>C. Something else?
>>
>>47376736
>C. Something else?
We could try scrying for them Chiaotzu. I could teach you how.
>>
>>47376736
>>B. We'll be back home soon enough, I'm sure Tien would want his best man at his wedding, after all
>>
>>47376736
>A. They're probably fine, even with whatever threats Towa has ready for the Earth
>B. We'll be back home soon enough, I'm sure Tien would want his best man at his wedding, after all
>>
>>47376736
>>B. We'll be back home soon enough, I'm sure Tien would want his best man at his wedding, after all

and this

>>47376784
>>
>>47375541
>fire < ice
Only in Megaman 1.
>>
File: dandin1-Pirate-flag-of-Canada-1.png (73 KB, 2400x1200) Image search: [Google]
dandin1-Pirate-flag-of-Canada-1.png
73 KB, 2400x1200
>>47376736
Gottdangit, and I had one picked out too, sheeit!
>>
>>47376736
>>
File: Alena18231875.jpg (84 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Alena18231875.jpg
84 KB, 600x600
>>47376784
"Hey, I'm sure they're fine, and we'll be back in no time. Besides, I'm sure Tien would want his best man there for his wedding." you comment with a grin, looking back at him.

Chiaotzu nods, a blush across his face. "Yeah, guess you're right."

"But... I dunno, maybe I could try to check up on them just in case? I mean, could contact King Kai or sc-"

"Nah. I'm sure they're fine." he sits back. "But... thanks for that, Maple."

"Any time, fellow 'midget.'" you state cheekily.

More a month passes since you first acquire the ship. Thankfully you don't have to spend the whole time awake; a function of it allows you and Chiaotzu to enter a state of suspended animation. It might not be a luxurious cruise through the stars, but you probably wouldn't make it with such limited supplies anyway. But it does give you a chance to rest up, to dream.

And in one of those dreams...

"So we meet again." a figure that looks exactly like you comments, standing near a door.

>A. Hey Shadow Maple, how've you been in my... subconscious, or wherever you go?
>B. What's on the lesson plan this time? Did you want a rematch?
>C. Something else?
>>
>>47376736
IRL, I felt hungry, so I went to cook some spaghetti.
I opened a packet of spaghetti.
But I forgot which end of the packet I opened when I picked it up to put some spaghetti in a cooking bowl.
Now there is spaghetti on my floor.
Kato, can you help?
>>
>>47377459
>A. Hey Shadow Maple, how've you been in my... subconscious, or wherever you go?

Hope this is just a social call and not a foreshadowing or warning of something dangerous to come.
>>
>>47377459
>C. Something else?
>Samma Ditthi!

Also....have we ever asked what her name is? Elpam here needs a name besides Shadow Maple.
>>
>>47377459
Can we thank her for the Spirit Star?

Or was that a different part of our subconscious
>>
>>47377459
>Chiaotzu nods, a blush across his face.
REDUNDANT
>>
>>47377459
>>A. Hey Shadow Maple, how've you been in my... subconscious, or wherever you go?
>>
>>47377459
>>
>>47377542
How about 月楓 or 楓月?
>>
>>47377829
> 月
Nigga please. WE'RE the 月.
She'd be 日.
>>
>>47377855
日 means Day, and 月 means Moon.
>>
>>47377459
"Hey Shadow Maple, how've you been in my... subconscious, or wherever you go? Are we there now? Is this an actual dream-dream, or something..." You frown. "Please don't tell me this is a premonition of something bad going down."

She giggles nervously. "Not... entirely?"

Gods damn it. "Is it Towa, is something happening on Earth?"

"You know that everyone back home can handle it." she says with a more genuine laugh, walking forward. You notice she was standing before... that demon symbol door. "I'm here more about... well, you. Us."

You cross your arms. "What about 'us' then?"

She points her thumb at the door behind her. "How many of the foes you've faced before are among those you'd count as friends?"

"...a lot. Talked with Chiaotzu about that before. Remember him and Tien, with the Inoshikacho?"

"Exactly. You've shown exceptional mercy to a number of people, some that might not have truly deserved it." She starts to walk back to the door, urging you to follow. "But... how far will this go, Maple? If you're faced with someone like Turles, like Wheelo, like King Piccolo again?" She stops and stares. "Will you truly try to offer mercy to someone like Freeza?"

>A. Even if he doesn't deserve it, I'll try
>B. Even to someone like Towa
>C. Even to ghost dad... Dr. Raichi
>D. Something else?
>>
>>47377900
>D. I haven't even met Frieza yet. Anyways, if they really get on my nerves, stomach plugs will go flying once more.
>>
>>47377900
>D. Only those who have the potential to change.
>>
File: Flowey.png (20 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
Flowey.png
20 KB, 400x400
>>47377900
>You've shown exceptional mercy ... But... how far will this go, Maple?
flowey pls

>error: Image appears corrupt
flowey stahp
>>
>>47377900
>D. If I am to come into conflict with Frieza, I will be prepared to do whatever is necessary. But, it is not my place to judge if people are worthy of mercy, that is for King Yemma.
>>
>>47377900
>D. Something else?
>I would forgive them all.
>Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?
>>
>>47377900
>>D. Something else?
I'm not naive enough to think I can change everybody or will even have the opportunity to try in a lot of cases. I have to put priority on defending the lives of the people that I protect above all.

But I can give people, if I have the opportunity, a chance.
>>
>>47377900
Well, the way I see it, it's worth a shot.

'sides, we can always mind control or dismember or kill him later.
>>
>>47377900
>D. I've actually been thinking on how to slay Frieza for a while now, even as weak as I am. If I manage to do that possession that Aza did to one of his ki blasts, you think that would slip past his personal ki bubble?
>>
>>47377900
>D. Frieza will have the opportunity to live on through Kuriza.
>>
>>47377900
>C. Even to ghost dad... Dr. Raichi
>>
>>47377900
>D. Words are wind. We'll cross that bridge when we get to it.
>>
>>47377994
Be a bit cautious tho. The more friends you make, the greater the chance that one is gonna intentionally take more than they give, and use your friendship for selfish ends.

Sometimes murderous people are just plain murderous.But other times, they're culling those selfish leeching subverters.

Plus I can't count the # of times ppl seem to think "friendship" means "literally never do anything that might hurt your friends' feelings" so a group of friends becomes a really extremist and isolated hugbox.
Friends are happy when another friend makes a joke at their expense, since you know you'll get 'em back, and they'll laugh along with you when you do.
>>
>>47378108
Hey, maybe one of our friends might finally have problems that aren't easily solvable by kicking their ass, like Acer's envy of us for example.
>>
>>47378141
Acer just needs to outbreed us. It doesn't matter if 1 Acer has hurt feels. If that 1 Acer has 6 kids while we only have 2, then his family will be 3x as strong as ours, and so the envy will be the other way around!
>>
>>47378175
Time to cuck acer by sleeping with chichi
>>
>>47378197
I ... don't see how this could possibly solve any problems at all
>>
>>47378197
We sleep with our entire top ten at once.
>>
>>47378217
>>47378197
Like, why can't we sleep with Goku?
That way nobody gets "cuck" and we get even more young warriors to protect Earth if we die.

Maple's still 21 so she should still be able to produce more half-maple half-gokus.
>>
File: tuffle!chichi.png (315 KB, 842x1239) Image search: [Google]
tuffle!chichi.png
315 KB, 842x1239
>>47378175
Yes, Acer should keep having kids.

>>47378197
Sounds good to me!
>>
>>47378232
That seems like a bad idea.
You only need to sleep with one! (and it should probably be goku since we're married to him)
>>
File: Izzy.jpg (33 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Izzy.jpg
33 KB, 600x600
>>47378175
Kid #1
>>
>>47378310
Bad sword for her. It's too light to be a 2her but the pommel is too big to be reliably used 1h.

Swordanon where r u
>>
>>47378310
Welp, Izzy's gonna be a better swordsman than Gohan just from sword choice alone.
>>
>>47378328
The Rapier is all about making sure your enemy bleeds from their vitals with very quick attacks, not trying to lop off their arms with power blows.
>>
File: 1463603872639.jpg (45 KB, 564x733) Image search: [Google]
1463603872639.jpg
45 KB, 564x733
>>47378328
Yes?

I think I've got a good one some where....
>>
File: don.jpg (36 KB, 1024x424) Image search: [Google]
don.jpg
36 KB, 1024x424
>>47378352
>>47378328
>>
>>47378382
And one with a bad grip (such as the one shown there) can't be swung dextrously without the damn thing slipping.

>>47378387
Why does one sword have all those teeth?
Is that for when you find a giant, and rather than killing her, you comb her hair?
>>
>>47377900
mommy kato your kids have started fighting again
>>
>>47378425
>And one with a bad grip (such as the one shown there)
That's what the gloves are for, ignoramus.
>>
File: Kuriza_01.jpg (5 KB, 100x91) Image search: [Google]
Kuriza_01.jpg
5 KB, 100x91
>>47377900
You take a moment to really process this. "I... listen, I don't personally know Freeza. But I'm more than aware of what he's like, what he's done. And... I'm not naive enough to believe I can change everyone. But if I see even the smallest spec of goodness in someone, is it wrong for me to want to try and cultivate it, to bring it to the surface? To let it grow? I'll stop him if I must, especially to protect the people I care about. But I'll help him if I can."

As you give your speech, she seems to be almost beaming in response. "And that is one of the best ways to put 'Right Effort,' or perhaps better said, 'Right Dilligence.' To help bring about wholesome states and nurture them, and help prevent and stop unwholesome ones."

You feel a sudden surge of strength inside you. Words seem to come to your mind. "Samma... Vayama..."

The "demon" symbol on the door disappears. Instead, there's something strange... a symbol you can't quite recognize, but that looks similar to it. Your counterpart opens the door. "I hope you can help cultivate this seed as well." There's someone shrouded in darkness in the room, but soon the figure comes into focus... wait a minute, that's-

You're woken by a tap to your shoulder. "Maple, looks like we're here."

You rub your eyes and see a planet before you. It seems... large, larger than Earth. It must be Planet Brench. But... wait a minute, you're sure that someone would have contacted you or something. It's deep in PTO territory, or at least it should be. And the plan seems... awfully deserted.

>A. Try and contact someone, anyone
>B. Head down and see if you can locate some folks
>C. This... is too fishy, let's head off somewhere else
>D. Something else?
>>
File: image.jpg (203 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
203 KB, 1920x1080
A deal's a deal, anon! Now you gotta join the galactic patrol!
>>
>>47378462
>Ask about the gravity difference from Earth.

We do know Jeice was a Brench right, or did that never come up? We never did ask the Ginyu's about their specific races...shit!
>>
File: image.jpg (87 KB, 540x304) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
87 KB, 540x304
>>47378462
When will we learn Right Justice?!
>>
>>47378505
Nah, Jeice probably bragged about how he got so strong.

>>47378462
>D. Head down and see if you can locate some fish for dinner
>>
>>47378505
Does that mean Brench is Space Australia?

Crikey.

Watch out for them Space Aborigines! They'll steal your space bike and huff your space petrol.
>>
File: image.jpg (64 KB, 540x304) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64 KB, 540x304
>>47378539
We've always known it...
BECAUSE JUSTICE IS ALWAYS RIGHT!
>>
>>47378591
Non, non, Brench is Space Cambodia.
>>
>>47378598
>>47378539
Le ninja star of Justice and Prosperity and No Usury: 卐
>>
>>47378628
Space nuke it from space orbit.
>>
>>47378462
>D. Something else?

Can we try and sense for any Ki signatures there? While our eyes and senses can be deceived, it's harder to spoof Ki. A planet that large should have lots of tiny Ki signatures due to the fauna and possibly flora.

Same thing with our telepathy. Try and see if there are any people we can get into contact with.
>>
>>47378591
SPACE DINGO ATE MY SPACE BABY

SPACE DROP BEAR!
>>
>>47378676
"What's that ring station doing so far from the lagrange point?"

THAT'S NO SPACE STATION IT'S A HOOP SNAKE
>>
>>47378462
>D. Head down and see if you can locate some fish for dinner
>>
File: eb4b3b03-1.png (144 KB, 562x419) Image search: [Google]
eb4b3b03-1.png
144 KB, 562x419
>>47378462
https://youtu.be/3OEQzwn_koE

You try and sense around. There's... clearly life down there, but you can't sense any actual people. How the hell..? "This is... suspicious."

"Yeah... maybe we're missing something. Think we should head down and check out what happened?" Chiaotzu asks, looking over your shoulder.

"Might as well. Could see if we can get some grub too." Month of suspended animation on an empty stomach. Don't exactly recommend it. You head down and approach what seems to be the planet's spaceport. Gravity... might be 10x what it is on Earth, you notice, stepping off and looking around. It's completely deserted, and looks a bit like people left in a hurry, but other than that it's almost spotless. This isn't natural. What the hell happened to this place?

You head in to a building, and it's... also completely empty. Gods its more empty than Namek. It's as if the entire planet's population vanished in the blink of an eye. Or... did it? A noise alerts you to something. There IS a person here, you can sense them. You run off to try and find them... and are almost shot at.

"BACK. STAY AWAY. DON'T COME ANY CLOSER YA CUNT."

...rude. "A-are you all right?" you ask, poking your head from around the corner. It's... a blue person with blonde hair, leaning against a console.

He stares in surprise, lowering his gun. "It's... a kid?"

>A. Not a kid
>B. You look hurt, need any medical attention?
>C. What happened here?
>D. Something else?
>>
>>47379156
>D. Look, we've come too far to give up who we are, so let's raise the bar and our cups to the stars
>>
>>47379156
ONE MORE TIME!
>>B. You look hurt, need any medical attention?
>>
>>47379156
>A & B
>>
>>47379156
Hey, it's the guy from Ulysses!
>>
>>47379156
>A. Not a kid
>>
>>47379156
>A. Not a kid
Almost miss being called a midget. Almost.

>>
>>47379156
>A. Not a kid, you dart
>>
File: 1e20b532.png (139 KB, 557x418) Image search: [Google]
1e20b532.png
139 KB, 557x418
>>47379156
You give him a grumpy look. "Not a kid. And... you look hurt, do you need any medical attention?"

He looks down, a clear wound in his leg. "I... could do with something, yes. Listen, whoever you are, this place isn't safe. We need to leave, and soon."

You quickly rush over and heal his leg up, the cut looking nastier than it actually is in spite of all the blood that seemed to be there. He stares in surprise at you, but before he can comment you're already helping him up. "Is there anyone else here?"

"J-just my girl Mousseline. Who are you?" he asks, trying to comprehend that his leg's completely healed.

"Name is Maple, you?"

"Custad." he responds, taking a few steps. "You... you have a ship, right?"

"Of course, that's how my friend and I got here."

"Okay, then we need to be out of here as soon as we find Mousseline." he states, looking around.

>A. Where did you see her last?
>B. Why? What's going on?
>C. Say... you wouldn't happen to have seen a girl around somewhere, someone with pale skin, blonde hair, goes by the name Lazuli?
>D. Something else?
>>
>>47379806
>A then C
>>
>>47379806
>C. Say... you wouldn't happen to have seen a girl around somewhere, someone with pale skin, blonde hair, goes by the name Lazuli?

Is there a potentially world-threatening crisis going on? Maple & Co. can handle it! They've been saving worlds for more than twenty years! Well, more like saving the same world. But still, it can't be that hard to apply the same principles to alien worlds.
>>
File: mfw vampires.jpg (30 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
mfw vampires.jpg
30 KB, 640x480
>>47379806
>D. Mousseline the Vampire Queen?
>>
>>47379806
>D. Bored now, reading your mind.
>>
>>47379806
Actually, changing to this >>47379941
was this >>47379857
>>
I feel like we are on Fake Brench right now.
>>
>>47379852
>Latest creation from TowaTech, R&D Department
>>
>>47380018
Well, is Space Australia in the same system? Easy way to tell if we're on Brench.
>>
>>47379806
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96wnpkcZIYw
>>
File: Leon.png (651 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Leon.png
651 KB, 640x480
>>47379806
"Sure thing, but where did you see her last?" Well, this isn't good.

"I... think she went to communications. It's not too far from here." he starts to walk, still surprised that his leg is healed so completely.

As you follow him, looking around and spotting just the remains of the Spaceport, you contact Chiaotzu and get him searching as well, the two of you sensing for Ki. You... really can't get a good signal of anyone around. "Are you sure she's here?"

"She wouldn't leave without me, and knows how desperately we need to get off this condemned rock." he replies with a mild degree of panic in his voice.

"Why, what's going on? Is this place under attack, or is there something dangerous coming?"

He looks at you like with mild irritation. "Didn't you hear any of the warnings? It's terrible beast found on Planet Luud."

A loud roar can be heard in the from a great distance away. Your Scouter picks up a Power Level, but you can't sense anything. A... machine?

Custad stares in the direction of the sound. "It's coming. Leon. We need to leave, before Lord Cooler arrives to do battle with it."

https://youtu.be/emJaN6Tb7vM

>DRAGON BALL TUFFLE QUEST Z #33 END
>Twitter account is @KatoQm, will have status updates there
>Got some questions for the QM? Characters? Suggestions? Throw them at ask.fm/QMKato and I'll try to answer them as best I can

And that's all for tonight, folks. I'll be around for questions and such for a while like usual. Did y'all have fun?
>>
>>47380502
Yup, sure did have fun being Chiaotzu's sidekick
>>
>>47380502

Thanks for running, Kato. See you next time!
>>
>Luud
Should we be ready to dance?
>>
>>47380632
The only way to survive the Para Brothers is to dance better, faster, harder
>>
>>47380554
Good.

>>47380567
See you next week, anon.

>>47380632
>>47380661
DC will get higher the longer you wait.
>>
See y'all next week in Secret Princest
>>
>>47380761
>Secret Princest
Stop reading my notes anon.
>>
>>47380502
Fun thread boss. I'm gonna go ahead and vote to watch cooler fight
>>
>>47381506
Cooler, Cooler, he's our man, if he can't do it, fuck!
>>
File: cooler wizard.png (91 KB, 359x421) Image search: [Google]
cooler wizard.png
91 KB, 359x421
>>47381525
Thread replies: 184
Thread images: 35

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.