[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WARNING PEOPLE Do not buy this game! Any purchases toward this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 7
WARNING PEOPLE
Do not buy this game! Any purchases toward this game will count for the success of age of sigmar. The more this game is bought, the less GW will think AoS was a bad idea. There are better boardgames to spend your shekels on.
>>
File: 1459100267495.png (92 KB, 503x257) Image search: [Google]
1459100267495.png
92 KB, 503x257
>>47370786
I don't have any image for baiters, but take this one.
Here is your (You) now go back to WHFB general
>>
>>47370786

Amen.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (11 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
11 KB, 480x360
>>47370786
But what if people like it?
>>
>>47370786
Back to your Word document! That 9th edition isn't going to write itself!

Also do you really think they're going to go back on AoS now? It's grown WFB's market to 30% of the total business whereas before it was 17%.
>>
How upset are you that major hobby retailers are selling AoS is selling more units than 40k now?
>>
>>47370786
Nice, I didn't knew they were planning to release some Warhammer Quest.
I'm probably going to buy it, and I will keep an eye on AoS releases from now on, thanks OP !
>>
Wow, anon, thank you for giving me yet another reason for buying Silver Tower.
>>
>>47372075
learn grammar
>>
>>47370786
10/10 bait m8, this is golden
if you are serious, 10/10 anyway for beign the most retarded human beign on earth.
>>
Never got to play the original, so I bought the steam one and really enjoying it. Half tempted to buy silver tower.
>>
Too late fuck face. Already bought, built and playing it.
>>
Tried today at my lGWs and had lots of fun.
the heroes are different enough when played and the support of almost every fucking hero in the range is a big plus for me. You can take your fav hero from your army, Your Dude and make him adventure in a tzeench dungeon. Couldn't ask for more.
Only complaint is the game feels too static, most of the time the players just sat in a corner beating tzeench acolytes and horrors into submission.
>>
>>47370786
Too late bro. It's already on its way in the post.
>>
>>47373834
Yeah, I kinda wish they copied the generated dungon of older quest a bit more.

still pretty fun though
>>
>>47371421
>It's grown WFB's market to 30% of the total business whereas before it was 17%.

Source? I mean, I hope it's true, but where are these numbers coming from?
>>
>>47375131
its a rumor, nothing more, no idea why would anyone cling to it.
>>
>>47370786
>people liking AoS
>people stroking GW's long hard cock
I mean, you are a faggot but so are these other guys.
>>
>>47375203
I can't speak for others but at my lgs fantasy has died and AOS never lived
>>
>>47371421
Source?
Anyway, if that 30% were true, it would include the panic buys of TK, Bretonnia, Empire, Wood/Dark/High Elves... Let's see how it does during the months that no army is partially culled.
>>
>>47375429
I travel a lot and usually its one of these scenario:
>No aos at all, a lot of butthurt but no one plays fantasy either. lots of 40k players
>only a few plays aos but the butthurts scares them and the scene dies
>there's a new scene in Aos made of a few old players and a lot new guys. games prospers.
third its pretty rare but usually it attracts people from other stores. Aos players tend to be ostracized from butthurted neckbeards, wich is stupid, since i yet have to see a thriving fantasy scene. people talks a lot but no one plays and even tho it has some big flaws aos its a fun game. if you don't enjoy it just don't play it. I even saw some store owners yelling against aos players, no wonder they don't fucking sell it.
In Gw stores it seems to be pretty popular, even tho redshirts are subhumans who should not be trusted.
>>
File: sweatywolf.png (62 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
sweatywolf.png
62 KB, 300x300
>>47370786
>OP is a nigger
Otoh WHQ is still a fun concept, but the old version is probably more fit for some freeform and varied gameplay?
>Every WHQ material+Deathblow magazine
https://kat.cr/warhammer-quest-combined-collections-t1976897.html
>WHQ material in GW publications
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warhammer_Quest
>White Dwarf törreënt
https://kat.cr/white-dwarf-magazine-t1404514.html
>>
>>47375565
a few years back I did a lot of traveling for my job, and I made sure to visit gamestores wherever i went. i would generally bring somethign small that i could play with fellow fa/tg/uys or join in on games. I can count on my hand the amount of times I saw warhammer fantasy being played. I mostly saw warmahordes and 40k. I don't have the same job since aos dropped, but there really is no aos in my area, but then again there never was any fantasy either. so i cant speak for how well aos is doing, but i sure as hell can attest to why it happened.
>>
>>47375929
According to gav thorpe, Aos-as a project, at least-was a thing from around 7th. So it didn't really became a reality because of sales only, apparentely(but the sigmarines surely did, just like space marines came to life just to mimick warriors of chaos).
Where I travel usually only 40k is a costant factor, hordes/machine is basically non-existant, you can see some infinity here or there and Aos usually has a SINGLE lgs that attracts all the players. And the GW store of course, i can usually find players there.
>>
I heard this game is really good. Is it? The models look neat as fuck. The Ogre Mage and the Tzneetch Beastmen are very cool. The 'good guys' are neat as well.
>>
>>47370786
Just let it go man. Age of Sigmar isn't going anywhere and the Old World isn't coming back. AoS is a fun and fast paced game and all your old models are now effective rather than just being wound counters. I felt this way until a couple of weeks ago but I genuinely enjoyed playing it more than fantasy and I've made my first purchases since before the end times.
>>
>>47375539
>Anyway, if that 30% were true, it would include the panic buys of TK, Bretonnia, Empire, Wood/Dark/High Elves
Do you really think that is enough to double sales? Three of those armies were very rare anyway.
>>
>>47375203
Have you been in a GW lately? They have become busier than they have been in years and AoS seems to be at least half of what people are playing. i have spoken to a lot of people who basically ragequit like I did a year ago but have come round to it and GW is unfucking itself generally.
>>
>>47375131
>Source?

His ass.
>>
>>47378295
nice try
>>
File: morgoth sauron.jpg (95 KB, 540x388) Image search: [Google]
morgoth sauron.jpg
95 KB, 540x388
>>47375929
I'm good friends with a few GW managers who I've been playing with for years. AoS is solidly outperforming what fantasy was capable of all across Australia. Here at least, it's been a definite success and the choice to abandon WHF has been vindicated beyond a shadow of a doubt.
>>
So who else has played this (Warhammer Quest) yet?

Any good?
>>
>>47382184
Reports have been pretty much coming back that it's genuinely good. The major complain is that its in the new setting, but its supposed to be fun
>>
>>47382360
Woo!

I was upset when Fantasy was ended as it was, but if we're being honest it needed putting out of its misery. Like an old person riddled with cancer on life support.

Upset because I love the units and the old tactical aspect (pre 7th ed anyway).

I have already got the WQ. I like the look of it. Glad others do too.
>>
>>47382396
Im a fan of the new game and setting, i was just relaying the most common complaint ive seen about it, outside of the usual "U SHUDNT GIB GW UR MONE"

I saw some honest reports that it could have low replayability, as in after a couple games of it, it might get repetitive, but apparently this is supposed to be a continued line in their fantasy range so we should be seeing more expansions for it and stuff.
>>
>>47370786
Why didn't you warn me earlier?
I just got the core set and all 5 of the extra use heros, it came with shiny things and a plastic coin. The store rep even gave me buttons. BUTTONS!!!
>>
But I like Age of Sigmar so far. Kinda excited for it to get the new points system.

I prefer it over the last two editions of WHFB at least. It's pretty fun when just messing around with friends.
>>
>>47370786

people shouldn't buy tumblr tower because of the forced diversity of including a negro cleric
>>
File: 20160522_140119.jpg (202 KB, 969x1563) Image search: [Google]
20160522_140119.jpg
202 KB, 969x1563
>>47383258
just give him a head swap, its what I did
>>
But I don't want GW to go back to fantasy. They haven't done anything good with it in 10 years and all the good people are in other and better companies.
>>
>>47383561
Maybe they didn't but most of the novels were awesome. Or even they weren't at least I really enjoyed reading them as I liked the old setting.
>>
>>47383444
if I take your mask off, will you die?
>>
game is hella random, but fun as fuck
>>
>>47370786
Played for a few hours yesterday, unassembled models and placeholders aside the game was really fun, it took a while to get into but when the turns started rolling we had a blast.
>>
I am interested how will AoS turns out. If GW continues to produce this quality of minis (and it will), people will get attracted.
Now that I bought the silver tower I just went and checked how and what is AoS after all. On one hand I can totally understand why they didn't include points - they are renaming and reworking every single shit. Look at the game, its just some half-completed project yet with some of the armies totally disappearing (like TK). They will come back of course, along with everything I guess(?), but it'll take time. What I personally miss, is proper _mortal_ stuff. Human and other non-human kingodms and empires, hell even a realm for them, because here everyone seems to be a power armored demigod, even the simplest of orcs, oh and most of the stuff is immortal or will reborn sometimes. After a lot of permadeath in end times, it would be nice to see the same with some of the stuff at least.
As for playing, I have a huge VC army at home on the shelves. Good news is I could play AoS straight away, I don't need to spend a penny or even rebase my models - which is quite appealing to me for now.
It also seems fine to smaller scale games, which I also prefer. I really liked border patrol back in the days.
>>
>>47377745
>He thinks anyone actively plays AoS out of GW stores.
Of course their going to shill their game at the stores and force the 40k kids into liking it because it just like 40k now.
>>
>>47383924
what I left out is, on the other hand though, leaving out the points was also a biggest fucking mistake they could do.
>>
>>47383826
It would be extremely diverse.
>>
>>47383924
> its just some half-completed project yet with some of the armies totally disappearing (like TK)

And yet fan-projects have managed to re-write and re-cost everything in 8th edition, without removing any armies from the game. Hell, groups have come up with broadly balanced points costs for Age of Sigmar games and published them online for people to use! And they did all this within a matter of months. The fact that the best GW could do, or what it chose to do, was release a 'half-completed project' despite the resources at its disposal is unforgivable. It shows that not even they have any confidence in their product.
>>
>>47383924
>If GW continues to produce this quality of minis (and it will), people will get attracted

I wish GW would dial them back a bit actually, stuff like Nagash is utterly unsuitable as a wargaming miniature. It's a lovely model but transporting that thing and pushing it around a table is hideously difficult.
>>
>>47383952

For you, white boi.
>>
>>47383924
The minis are pretty bad tho
>>
File: 1448623069820.png (427 KB, 514x662) Image search: [Google]
1448623069820.png
427 KB, 514x662
>>47383972
>And yet fan-projects have managed to re-write and re-cost everything in 8th edition, without removing any armies from the game. Hell, groups have come up with broadly balanced points costs for Age of Sigmar games and published them online for people to use! And they did all this within a matter of months. The fact that the best GW could do, or what it chose to do, was release a 'half-completed project' despite the resources at its disposal is unforgivable. It shows that not even they have any confidence in their product.
yes, you are right, it was like spitting your fans in the face.
I stopped playing/buying/following gw a very long time ago, but I will keep an eye on what the new CEO will do.
at least we have silver tower and it's great
>>
>>47383258
This is GW we're talking about. They probably just run out of Cadian Flesh. If you get triggered by the sight of a black man then you're just as bad as Tumblr for kneejerk muh issues bullshit.
>>
>>47370786
But if we don't buy this, won't that send the message that there's no market for games and people really do just want to buy models to collect?
>>
>>47376149
NO. NO. Stop spreading this misinformation. REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

That's taken from an interview of his, in which he talked about codenames for different projects, and someone with extremely, extremely poor reading skills understood that AoS had different codenames during 7th and 8th, when in fact he said that during 7th the codename for 8th was X and during 8th the codename for AoS was Y.

Fucking hell.

>>47377692
Indeed I do. You only need to look at the silly prices that the oop stuff is fetching on eBay. Think that the people that bought soon to be oop stuff didn't just buy one or two boxes, they bought enough to finish/complete from scratch their army. That's quite a lot of stuff.

>>47383924
The thing is, the produce more overpriced, poorly designed shit than good miniatures. For every orc shaman or decent khorne dude, there's a bunch of mirror dwarfs or expensive as hell orcs on boars, that come in 3s but there are only 2 different sculpts. Or the retarded dragons of the sigmarines, very little variety.

I agree on border patrol, and at first when AoS was annouced and there were few details about it I had hope. But fuck the setting. It is the blandest setting they could come up with, and there was literally no reason to kill the setting along with the revamp of the game.
>>
>>47383444

WE
WUZ
SIGMAR
AN
SHEEEEIT
>>
>>47370786
fuck off
Age of sigmar might certainly not the best, but it's decent, and would be great if they gave it a more balanced system for units.
>>
>>47383258
you do fucking realize that he's unpainted when you get him, so there's no one forcing you to paint him with dark skin?
>>
>>47384104
still negroid face build.
>>
>>47384228
What a hard life you must live where a single miniature in a box set of 50 makes you turn into such a crying fucking baby.
>>
>>47384248
Black people probably did something to him.
>>
>>47384228
Fucking hell. Imagine waking up in the morning and being you. Why not an hero?
>>
>>47384284

I bet they stole his car stereo, that seems to be their thing.
>>
>>47370786
>Implying anyone is buying it.
Nah m8 relax, it flopped.
>>
>>47383978
Well congratulations, you pushed forced diversity into the game. What's the next step in your master plan?
>>
>>47375203
>>47378265
The same who talked about new treekin and new Alarielle on giant beetle before Warhammer Fest.
>>
>>47375565
>i yet have to see a thriving fantasy scene.
Fantasy was the main wargame at that lgs >>47375429 'till late 7th when it became a little smaller than 40k
>>
>>47385061
So a rumour that is as valid as me predicting that AoS will go under in 5.7 months.
>>
>>47385299
You have described some models before the appearance of any image on the Internet?
I don't think so.
>>
>>47384989
Enriching this culture WITH NO SURVIVORS
>>
I have no idea what is going on really but the anti-AoS people come off as obnoxious wankers so I am going get into this game just to annoy them.
>>
>>47385428
Good, it's fun.
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.