[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pathfinder General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 29
File: hgy5jgxogc00wso4g4kc80.jpg (356 KB, 1500x848) Image search: [Google]
hgy5jgxogc00wso4g4kc80.jpg
356 KB, 1500x848
Pathfinder General /pfg/

Time Travelling Heroes Edition

Unified /pfg/ link repository:
>http://pastebin.com/5F8RNubX

In 2016 an obese dumbass named Jason Bhulman errata'd the Equipment Book and murdered my Ring of Ferocious Action and Quick Runner's Shirt. I have assembled a bored group of anons to browse throughout time and save all the unerrata'd content. Unfortunately my plan is opposed by the site I'd sworn my allegiance to, the PFSRD. In the future these anons may not be heroes, but if we succeed they'll be remembered as Based.

Ultimate Equipment Errata (updated 5/19)
>http://paizo.com/products/btpy8tmc?Pathfinder-Roleplaying-Game-Ultimate-Equipment

Please search for the Uneratta'd content here. Save them, and wait for Nerfonomicon Anon to compile them.
http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.d20pfsrd.com/

Old thread:>>47357332
>>
First for Mick as best.
>>
>>47364462
So I've heard Life Oracle is the best option for being a dedicated healer. Is there anything more specifically I should look at in terms of feats or options to improve it further?
>>
>>47364487
>Mick
>not Snart
I want that parka, it looks comfy as hell.
>>
>>47364462

Why exactly did they nerf the Ring of Ferocious Action AGAIN? They already nerfed Twist Away, which was its only exploit that I'm aware of, so why would you nerf the other half of the combo after you've already closed the exploit loophole?
>>
>>47364503
Snart and Ray are close seconds but it could just be I' starved for a good Superman regarding that last one.
>>
>>47364447
Move I doubt, though I know there are some swift action abilities to attack (though the only ones that springs to mind is mythic powers)
It's still a stupidly useless feat
>>
What happens when I cast polymorph any object on a familiar?

Like for example I want to turn my familiar into a solar or something. I'm not entirely sure what all happens.
>>
So, /pfg/, I'm sure someone's asked before how to run someone with higher mental stats than themselves. I have the opposite problem:

I can't seem to play anything or run an NPC with LOWER mental stats than myself. As in, I try to throw an Ogre at my players and he's taunting them in complete sentences, or the Dire Boar sees the Wizard as a bigger threat than the Monk and charges him first, and when I'm a player my 8 WIS Barbarian is spotting less-than-obvious ambushes.

How do you do it, /pfg/?
>>
>>47364952

Clearly, you need to drink more.
>>
>>47364952
Depends. I'm currently playing someone with a lower INT than I'd see myself having (I'm not gonna pretend I'm some genius, I read a lot, learn well, and my character hasn't even really attended a school of any kind). It was hard at first, but over time I started building a way of talking. Smaller words, less complex sentences, that sort of stuff.
Can't help you much for Wisdom, as all things considered that'd be my low stat.
At least for the ambush spotting, it could be a case of training over natural talent. With the boar, try to look at it from a really basic point of view; who looks physically weaker? They'd likely go down first, and'd probably be the first person the boar went for. Alternatively, it might just go after the biggest looking thing. Not much of an animal guy. With something like an ogre, just try to talk stupid. It gets easier, as my DM's attested to

>>47364988
this could possibly help, but I've never been in a game drunk yet
>>
>Please search for the Uneratta'd content here. Save them, and wait for Nerfonomicon Anon to compile them.
Wouldn't it be easier to just check the original PDF?
>>
>>47365046
The PFSRD changed to follow the errata.
The original pdf isn't available to everyone and has its own share of several iterations of changes before the current.
>>
>>47365059
The trove has 1st printing version, anon.
>>
>>47364490
If not 1pp limited, there's the Vitalist.
You can also adjust mid or higher level Gamblers to have effectively unlimited healing, though your actual healing power in any given action is lower.
>>
File: tumblr_n7b6virHB41rru5hno1_1280.jpg (210 KB, 800x1404) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n7b6virHB41rru5hno1_1280.jpg
210 KB, 800x1404
Hey /pfg/, I'm that strangler from the previous thread. I've got another ruling question for you gurus.
Pinning Knockout says if you deal nonleathal damage to a pinned opponent you're in a grapple with while using a light, onehanded or unarmed strike, you double your damage result. Does this include nonleathal sneak die and constriction? The phrasing confuses me somewhat as it doesn't say double your weapon damage, or die, but the *result* of your damage for whenever you damage. Wouldn't this proc off feats like Kraken style, or the constrict abilities, given they're unarmed strikes and not natural attacks?

Thanks for any help in advance! Sorry I don't have a whole lot to contribute, but here's some topical character art, hope it helps fill your folders!
>>
Hello /pfg/, could you please assist me?

Are there any magical items that improve touch attack's attack roll specifically, without being tied to a weapon or type of attack?

I'm playing a Warlock Vigilante and I need a bit more to hit chance with melee mystic bolts, but sadly I'm all out of feats but still have plenty of gold, is there anything I can do?
>>
Nothing official has been said about the Unchained rogue and the ki pool talent for using ninja powers has it?
>>
>>47365565
Ahh, the kineticist problem.
First, get a cracked one of these:
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/wondrous-items/h-l/ioun-stones/pale-green-prism-ioun-stone

Bracers of Falcon's Aim used to be better though.
Used to be. ;_;

Next if you're really rich, these are okay:
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/wondrous-items/a-b/boots-of-the-battle-herald

And finally warlock vigilantes are bad
>>
Is it Questions Hour?

I wanna know if it's possible to build a fear-based Slayer. I basically wanted to build a Rogue that was intimidate and combat based, because Rogue has sweet fucking intimidate features through archetypes especially, but the BAB/HD/lack-of-being-a-big-tough-guy-class bothered me and I wondered if Slayer could do it instead?
>>
>>47365524
From what I understand, you won't double any additional bonus damage dice such as sneak attack and constrict. Things that add flat bonuses such as enhancement, KS, and Str will get multiplied.

So if you are doing the check for the PK the damage does essentially this 2(UnarmedDMG+STR+Enh+KS)+Constrict+SA

As for procing, constrict activates every single grapple check of any kind, including the grapple to maintain.

Kraken would also proc any time you choose to do damage during a grapple.
>>
>>47365565
From DSP's Psionics, the Hero Skin provides a +3 enhancement bonus to attack rolls, alongside a plethora of other bonuses. It's pretty darn expensive though.
>>
>>47365656
Thanks for the answer! I'll follow up with one question though, why wouldn't constrict be added, if it's done with an unarmed strike? If the PC has Anaconda Coils to gain constrict and isn't using a natural attack since it does not give you one but rather an ability, and the PC does damage with only unarmed, why wouldn't it proc from K.O.P., or rather, what kind of damage would it be otherwise?
Thanks again, and sorry to pry!
>>
>>47365643
AntiPaladin / Dread
Aura of Cowardice and Aura of Fear stacks, giving your enemies a -8 resistance vs fear.
Its also a staple intimidate build because its the only class that has both class features AND feats that allow them to intimidate things normally immune to fear, as well as abilities to stack fear effects greater, causing enemies to be a panicked mess that can't even put a fight.
>>
>>47365702
Constrict is actually its own special attack, separate from your melee attacks that deals bludgeoning damage. Constrict is an option that can be chosen in every successful grapple check in addition to all normal outcomes.

So when using the KOP with the anaconda coils, you'll activate constrict if you make a successful grapple check. This separate attack will deal 1d6+STR. Then you deal the results of KOP.

So the reason its not doubled by KOP is cause it is its own attack.

However, rereading Kraken Style you'll add that to Constrict damage as well.

So Results of the check to deal damage is this
2(UnarmedDMG+STR+Enh+KS)+SA
Then it does the Constrict which in your case
1d6+STR+KS.

So with KS, Constrict, and KOP you can get triple Wisdom damage in one round.
>>
File: 1463786980072.png (528 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1463786980072.png
528 KB, 1000x1000
>>
>>47365663
>>47365642
Thanks, I'll check 'em out.

RIP the character I guess
>>
Wait... if I use alter self to turn myself into Kasatha, I still can't use all 4 arms to attack because I don't have "Multi-armed" racial trait quality??
>>
>>47365896
Nope. You're screwed that way.
>>
>>47365896
Bingo.

Having them doesn't mean you're coordinated in using them.
>>
>>47365913
>>47365915
Alright.. which humanoid has the most natural attacks then? Anything that can do more than Claw Claw Bite?
>>
>>47365922
Does Alter Self actually get you natural attacks?
>>
>>47365768
So if I were to make a mock combat would this be correct?
Turn 1: PC is higher than NPC on turn order avoids combat and swifts into turtle clutch style.
Turn 2: PC holds action until attacked by NPC. NPC attacks PC, NPC misses. PC uses Turtle Clutch and makes an immediate grapple attempt, attempt succeeds, PC swifts into kraken style,NPC takes constrict damage+KS damage(Does grab damage apply here as well?) on their own turn, then PC uses held action on their own turn now that the prereq was met, maintains the grapple, does constrict+KS damage, standards to damage for(3d6+12 unarmed)+(6d6+6 constrict final embrace master)+(6 KS, wrack)+(6d6+6 sap master sneak) nonlethal damage.
Turn 3: NPC fails to escape
Turn 4: Maintain for constrict+KS, Standard to repeat damage, Move to pin, damage procts from constrict, and then swift to damage in a pin for (unarmed+mods)*2)+constrict+SA nonlethal
NPC should be out by now, and possibly dead from excessive nonlethal.

Does this look right to you so far? Damage dice as estimated from a level 1 monk-martial artist/8 brawler-strangler, with 22 str, anaconda coils, monks robes, and mighty fist of impact.

Thanks again for your continued feedback!
>>
>>47365934
They do because of Polymorph subschool rule.
> In addition to these benefits, you gain any of the natural attacks of the base creature, including proficiency in those attacks.
>>
>>47365942
I forgot to mention this accounts for improved, greater and rapid grappler. Turn 2 should have a move action to damage, or pin depending.
>>
>>47365942
Keep in mind, nonlethal only converts to lethal once they have nonlethal equal to their MAX hp, not current.
>>
>>47365965
Oh I'm aware, but I think that during a pin, doing a cumulative damage 3 times a round in a pin for (9d6+36+12)*2)+(18d6+18)+(18d6+18) averaging 321 nonlethal in a single round, given I can standard, move and swift with my feats, at level 9.
>>
The Mystic's Animus class feature doesn't say any limit for the animus pool, just what it begins at. Based on some of the later class features I am unsure on whether or not it can grow past 1+wis mod or if that is the limit. Anyone know for sure what the deal is with this?
>>
>>47366236
If I recall, it can be gathered endlessly, but it all goes at the end of combat, and it only accumulates so fast.
>>
Hi /pfg/. I recently starter to DM, and i am running a seafaring campain at the moment. So far we are having a blast.
In the last session the alchemist of the group attacked a riche fatty merchant and his two bodyguards in a tavern. Things went wrong, tavern burned.
It turns out that the owner is kind of the godfather of this district. The owner thinks the merchant is responsible for the fire.

Do you have some ideas on How to run an interesting Man Hunting scenario, regarding rules, and outcome possibilities? I did not expect the players to be that deep in troubles.

Thanks in advance for your inputs.
>>
File: 1452647397365.jpg (181 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
1452647397365.jpg
181 KB, 750x750
>>47364740
>>
>>47364740
>>47366619
> This spell functions like greater polymorph
> Greater Polymorph = (Beastshape 4, Elemental Body 3, Alter Self, Plant Shape 2, Form of the Dragon 1)

You can't be outsider.
>>
>>47366236
>Her animus pool persists for one minute after the last enemy combatant is defeated or the encounter otherwise ends.
>Outside combat, a mystic has no animus to spend

Other than that, you can have any amount of animus. Note that the Extra Animus feat doesn't increase your capacity, only your starting amount, lending support to the idea that there is no real 'capacity'.
The only limits are on individual uses of animus (such as class feature augments, Elemental Flux augments, and the Animus Healing feat).
>>
Rolled 6, 6, 2, 5, 2, 6, 1, 6, 2, 5, 6, 1, 6, 6, 1, 6, 3, 6, 2, 1, 2, 4, 1, 2 = 88 (24d6)

Rolling my stats
>>
File: 1463801878044.jpg (165 KB, 658x1104) Image search: [Google]
1463801878044.jpg
165 KB, 658x1104
>>
>>47366923
Im the pally from last thread, should I put the 8 into Int or Wis?
>>
>>47366985
I don't think I can agree with that outfit. High heels are just plain bad, and her right boot going all the way up to the crotch would also affect mobility.
>>
>>47367036
Yes
>>
>>47367036
Yes.
>>
>>47366923
>17 14 13 18 11 8
>equivalent of 37PB
This is why I don't roll.
>>
>>47367036
Ah yes, the good old stupid paladin trope.

Put it in fucking dex and actually play an intelligent, wise paladin, you wretch.
>>
>>47367083
But they need to murderhobo things
>>
File: 1457413077089.jpg (89 KB, 300x958) Image search: [Google]
1457413077089.jpg
89 KB, 300x958
>>47367083
but if I'm not dexterous, how do I keep up with the bard in the sack?
>>
>>47367036
Wis.
Play a female.
Ask the DM to let you be CG.
Final destination.
>>
Is this an okay 20pt stat spread for Samsaran Druid?

15 10 14(-2) 8(+2) 16(+2) 10

Probably going into melee from time to time, but spend most of the time casting stuff.
>>
>>47366985
Didn't someone make a whole thread about this image yesterday? What's even the point of posting it here? Just for (You)s?
>>
>>47367114
Well if he's going for the JJ waifu route he should switch from Paladin to Cleric of Milani.
>>
Rolled 6, 7 = 13 (2d10)

Is Chosen One an acceptable Archetype for Paladin?
>>
I am Norris, Chuck Norris
You are the Batman wizard, you gain the ability to cast ninth-level spells, and only ninth level spells, 9/day. You need not verbalise the casting mechanism, each spell is personified in an action of awesome.

Diesel Vince
You now add moose to the list of Animals Who Have Fought You And Lost.
You add a +4 untyped bonus to Str. You benefit from a +4 bonus to Favoured Enemy (all). You can also see in the dark, out to a distance of 60 ft., additionally, you are granted low-light vision. If you previously had low-light vision, you see four times as clearly. Finally, you receive a +1 bonus on all Knowledge skills.

THIS. IS. SPARTA!
Your legs bulge with thick and corded muscles. You gain a +10 untyped bonus to the Jump skill. Any increment distance of 10 feet in the direction you jump allows you to hover as the feat.
Your voice deepens into a sonorous projection, this can be used as a sonic attack dealing sonic damage as the shout spell.
Your beard becomes richer and more luxuriant, granting you a +2 natural armour bonus.

And Then He Was A Zombie
You were first a demon, then you were a zombie.
You benefit from both the outsider (demon) and undead types at the same time. Where the types confer the same immunity, they stack rather than overlap.
>>
>>47367328

Offering of Cake
Your offer of cake and other assorted sugary fare influences your enemies' attitude to a more agreeable Friendly; their initial attitude can be anywhere from hostile to unfriendly to indifferent. Enemies now try to help you, albeit in a limited manner, and will also advocate on your behalf. Additionally, you gain a +4 cake bonus to Diplomacy; this in effect in any situation that warrants its use. 3/day, with cake in hand, you may also speak words that have the same effect as a charm monster spell.

The Cake is a Lie
You cause a geas/quest effect to take form, and can manipulate any targets with promises of moist cake. Any action your target takes that is at odds with your request or requests imposes 3d6 penalties to the applicable ability scores each day.
Any time, you sing this song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6ljFaKRTrI), your target is fascinated (as the condition) and under a suggestion. The song must be sung in its entirety and without error.
At the end of the quest, you may reveal that the cake has been and always was a lie; the target is always unwilling when this takes affect. This reveal causes the target to be at first, stunned (as the condition) and then raging (as the barbarian's; at their class level).
>>
Alright, I think one of our online players just died.
Who wants to join a weekly game right NOW?
Level 3, 25 point buy, 3PP allowed.
We use voice chat through skype and roll20 to play.

Give me your skype details.
>>
>>47367350
ERP? You knew it bound to happen sooner or later
>>
>>47367328
What the fuck is this meme bullshit?
>>
Rolled 3 (1d4)

Holy shit, this feat list. Someone please just tell me the most standard recommendations for a paladin.

I'll be taking Longsword Scion Ithink, but humans have a bonus feat
>>
>>47367350
Sweet! I'll start rolling up my chained monk.
>>
>>47367514
Power attack, Furious focus, use a 2handed weapon and max Strength & Charisma.
>>
>>47367350
Is this legit? Post times.
>>
File: 4486019-8498363659-dark_.png (3 MB, 1280x2048) Image search: [Google]
4486019-8498363659-dark_.png
3 MB, 1280x2048
Sup pfg I'm looking for help on statin' out these guys for an upcoming encounter. the group is level 10. And I'm looking for a link to any website that I could quickly make the four knights of gwyn and possibly Smough. How would you go about creating the four knights of gwyn for you games Anon?
>>
>>47367514
Also Fey foundling is nice for your Lay on hands.
>>
>>47367579
9pm - 1am GMT+8.
>>
File: comfy feeling confirmed.png (138 KB, 400x450) Image search: [Google]
comfy feeling confirmed.png
138 KB, 400x450
>>47364503
>It's a Mick & Snart episode
>>
>>47367590
Lots and lpts of Parh of War.
>>
>>47367616
Malaysian? Singapore? Pinoy? Thai ladyboy?
>>
>>47367982
2 Malaysians, 1 american, 1 canadian.
>>
>>47364740
You could change it into anything detailed by Greater Polymorph, using the duration tables listed on the spell
>>
>>47367514
Word of Healing is nice if you're the only melee person.
>>
>>47367590
Well then.

What's the party composition? What's your views/willingness to use third-party? Is there any third party you have a predisposition towards?
>>
>>47364528
>Ray
>Second
Ray vs Leviathan was the single best sequence in the series thus far.

Stein is also acceptable.
>>
Am I reading this right? As a Fighter with the Thrown weapons group, you choose Throwing Shield. At 6th level you take Ricochet Toss. You can now throw your shield infinite times per turn and get it back instantly.

>This shield is designed for throwing and has specially designed straps allowing you to unclasp and throw it as a free action.

>When you make a ranged attack with an appropriate thrown weapon, the weapon returns to your hand immediately after the attack is resolved.
>>
>>47368570
The other one is Throwing Shield+Blinkback belt. Dunno if it's errata'd or not, but the intended rule is that unclasping it to throw it is a free action, not the throwing itself.
>>
>>47368570
Remember the rule about how "GMs can limit how many free actions you can perform" or somesuch.
>>
Is there a long term flying spell (like Overland Flight) on Druid spell list?

I want a flying Axe Beak...
>>
>>47368663
Wild Shape.
>>
How is Fey Trickster? I heard it was great somewhen but looking at it it looks shit.
>>
>>47368663
Air walk is 10 minutes per level, but divine casters don't get lots of mobility spells, and druids mostly rely on their wild shape anyway...
>>
>>47368670
>>47368723
I knew I can wild shape myself into flying creature (while keeping my companion as a stone statue via carry companion spell), but it's not the same as riding a flying chocobo.
>>
So I kept hearing kineticist's were bad, so I built one to see how it actually plays out.
132 Hp and only 30 points of nonlethal from burn gives me plenty of HP to work with, especially since since the burn is boosting my AC and giving me evasion in addition to adding +3 to hit and +6 to damage.

My regular blasts throw out 5d6+18, but I can't remember the last time I didn't just empower it for an extra +2d6+2 points of damage.

Next level I'm going to get to go full super sayajin and throw out 12d6+24 thunderstorm blasts every round, or maximized empowered thunderstorms when I charge for a round prior for flat 138 points of half bludgeoning, half electricity. With +18 to hit I'm not likely to miss either.

Or I can charge for a full round and whip out my kinetic thunderstorm whips for 4 (5 when hasted) empowered thunderstorm slaps that deal 18d6+24 per.

Or I can throw out a maximized chained electric blast for 45, 39, 36, 30 etc electric which is great cause I'm in iron gods and running up against robots quite frequently.

Why were kineticists considered bad again? Something about archery?

90d6+120 damage over two rounds seems pretty reasonable to me for a level 11 character.
>>
>>47366985
MOLTHUNE GET OUT

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>47368663
have it perch on a broom of flying.
>>
>>47368795
Reflavor roc as a chocobo?
>>
>>47368897
empower affect every number variable... So you should get (5d6+18)*0.5 = 19 extra damage not 2d6+2 = 9 extra damage.
>>
>>47368897
How do you get 5 attack when haste?
2 from BAB
1 from Haste
Where is the other 2 came from?
>>
>>47369054
Empowered gives 1/2 of the variable by level effects, which is 1d6+1 increased by 1d6+1 at 3rd and every odd level thereafter so at level 10 it's only an extra half of the 5d5+5 from an air blast of 10d6+10 from a thunderstorm blast at level. The other 12 points of damage are coming from con mod (6) and elemental overflow (6) which aren't variable
>>
>>47369105
Two weapon fighting and improved two weapon fighting.
Also kinetic whips are light reach weapons which can strike non-reach targets as well.
>>
>>47369152
>Empowered gives 1/2 of the variable by level effects
>Benefit: All variable, numeric effects of an empowered spell are increased by half including bonuses to those dice rolls.
>including bonuses to those dice rolls.
>>
>>47368897
Kineticists get a big boost at level 11 but they struggle to keep up before that.
7d6+20 is about 44.5 average damage, assuming you hit every time (roughly assumed for touch attacks), which is actually pretty damn pitiful for level 10 where your average CR10 enemy has 130HP.

>132 Hp and only 30 points of nonlethal from burn gives me plenty of HP to work with
Assuming you only take 3 burn ever, which is a fair assumption but locks you out of a number of class features and is counterintuitive to how the class is sold.

>Or I can charge for a full round
You seriously think this is an option when it leaves you open for an entire turn for any enemy with a brain to hit you and potentially make you waste your round and be punished with burn for it? Your GM's being nice.
>kinetic thunderstorm whips for 4 (5 when hasted) empowered thunderstorm slaps that deal 18d6+24 per.
How are you getting 4 attacks nonhasted at level 11?

And where are you getting the +18 to hit from? Putting 22 into DEX and burning feat slots on PBS and Weapon Focus?
>>
>>47369202
> You can use this form infusion once as part of an attack action, a charge action, or a full-attack action in order to make melee attacks with your kinetic blade.
> You can use this form infusion once

You can't make multiple Whip/Blade in one action, so you can't actually use it on both hand.
>>
>>47369202
You can't two weapon fight with kinetic weapon form infusions until level 17.
You can only use one kinetic blast per round, which can have one form and one substance infusion on it.
You can't apply Kinetic Blade or Whip twice.

Your GM may have homeruled it and that's fine, but acknowledge that kinetics are far less impressive by RAW.
Without burning themselves to death by noon, at least.
>>
>>47369229
As much as I WANT you to be right, I'm pretty sure that /variable/ bonuses to die rolls are multiplied, while /static/ bonuses to die rolls remain the same.
Waaait it specifies saving throws and opposed rolls not being affected. Holy shit. Holy shit.
>>
>>47369247
My bad, forgot elemental overflow, that covers for the to-hit.

Other points still stand.
>>
>>47369365
>As much as I WANT you to be right, I'm pretty sure that /variable/ bonuses to die rolls are multiplied, while /static/ bonuses to die rolls remain the same.
It says all bonuses.
The intended meaning is "if the effect has a variable component, increase it".
Damage is such an effect.
>>
>>47365565
Your options are:

>beg your GM to let you make/obtain a pair of gloves to give your mystic bolts an "enhancement bonus" effect
>suck it up and acknowledge that your mystic bolts are going to be shit and just grab a longbow and maybe beg your GM to let you "spellstrike" your bow with mystic bolts by spending a talent
>hope paizo releases something that makes the warlock's mystic bolts be less shit
>play a magus instead
>>
Need player advice, plis.

I want to run a game for my group but they all insist on being Chaotic Neutral- I think a few of them might want to go Evil, too. There's three players.

How do I deter them? Or, if that's a bad idea, anyone got ideas on how to play them right? They've chosen to be a Cleric, a Wizard and a White-Haired Witch.
>>
>>47369365
It's all bonus. That's why people are using Orc/Draconic/Havok Sorcerer with Empower Spell.
>>
>>47369365
Wrong again. http://paizo.com/paizo/faq/v5748nruor1fm#v5748eaic9o71

> Yes. For example, if you empower cure moderate wounds, the +50% from the feat applies to the 2d8 and to the level-based bonus.

> and to the level-based bonus.
>>
>>47369247
>Can you afford to gather for a full round action
Yeah, cause I can fly, all the time at the back of the party formation, and I'm damn good at concentrating, that is, when I'm not invisible because of mist or smoke with my Windsight basically giving me improved invisibility from which to strike from since I can see though mist and clouds but my enemies can't. Most of the time though, I'm striking from invisibility or an invisibility sphere, so I can afford to take the time to gather energy invisibly and then five foot step so enemies flail ineffectively at where I /was/.

22 dex, point blank shot 8 BAB and +3 from elemental overflow. Prolly going to buy an Ioun stone and upgrade my belt soonish.

>>47369294
Kinetic blade/whip is a free action bruh. With no burn cost due to metakinesis. Please acknowledge your lack of reading comprehension.
>>
>>47369504
>How do I deter them? Or, if that's a bad idea, anyone got ideas on how to play them right?
Wrong question.

What kind of game do you want to run? What kind of game do they want to play? How do you reconcile the two? These are the kind of things you should bring up in discussion with the rest of the group, preferably before you start the game and before anyone even makes a character.

Everyone wants to play chaotic neutral leaning evil? Chances are that this means the players don't really want a normal heroic save the world -kind of slot. What DO they want? Maybe they want a murderhobo/dungeon crawl kind of game where everyone is going to try and betray the others at the end, in which case you might be better served by scrapping your plans and running a game of Paranoia instead. Or maybe they want something "deeper" and more serious, in which case a campaign of rebels/"freedom fighters"(or terrorists, in other words) fighting a tyrannical regime(or at least one they PERCEIVE as tyrannical) might be more appropriate. Or maybe they're fighting for freedom in a more general level, by hunting slavers, for example.

But seriously, just talk with them about what they expect from the game, and what kind of game you want to run. You sound like an inexperienced GM, so they should be willing to cut you some slack if you really want something else instead.
>>
>>47369640
Is the invisibility from a class feature? If not, it goes away after the first attack and it's absolutely not something you can keep up without spending more turns. You need to think of your effective damage output after spending a full round as halved, since you need to make up for that one turn where you did nothing.

Also flying at the back to full round gather power puts you in an awkward position if you really want to deliver on those melee full attacks.

Next:
http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2swbi?Kineticist-TWF-with-Kinetic-Blade-and-Kinetic

See replies and then the post from Mark Seifter himself.
Your build's broke, man.
>>
>>47369640
>Kinetic blade/whip is a free action bruh. With no burn cost due to metakinesis. Please acknowledge your lack of reading comprehension.
>You can use this form infusion once as part of an attack action, a charge action, or a full-attack action
>once
Unless you can somehow make multiple attack actions or full-attacks, you can only use kinetic whip ONCE per round.
>>
>>47369571
My con bonus isn't level based though, elemental overflow /could/ be argued to be level based.
>>
>>47369806
Your Con bonus isn't level-based, but the non-dice effect from a cure spell IS, and that is why they refer to it as such in the EXAMPLE. Your Con bonus would still be multiplied, bro.
>>
>>47369762
We're usually walking around with silent table and invisibility sphere. Gathering energy before the 1st round of combat then five foot stepping so I'm not in the square an enemy saw energy being gathered at, and then using whip or just a strait blast when initiative comes up has been working pretty well for me. We just got a bottle of smoke so if I scout ahead with invisibility I can drink a potion of enlarge person and pop the seal on my bottle of smoke to have 20 feet of reach with the whip and total sight obscurement from the smoke that I can see through.

Even without that, my group is usually CCing the hell out of everything on the battlefield while I do consistent damage round to round following up the alpha strike.
>>
How can one person be so wrong about so many rules?
>>
File: stopposting.gif (2 MB, 273x210) Image search: [Google]
stopposting.gif
2 MB, 273x210
>>47368919
Suck my frankfurt nirmathi hippie.
>>
>>47369989
> Level 10
> enemy still relying on sight
> no scent,blindsight,blindsense
> not having detect magic/alignment/life as a constant ability

Your GM is really going easy on you.
>>
>>47369762
Oh damn, guess I'll have to have my +1 spiked gauntlet enchanted with conductive instead. Saves me a feat on improved two weapon fighting and I'm doing 54d6+72 with my primary hand and 1d4+1+6d6+12 with my off hand.
>>
>>47369989
That's a decent combat option but is kind of a decent option for any class that benefits from prep, and doesn't say much about the viability of the Kineticist itself.
Any AoE effect at where you were seen gathering power would put a stop to your 5ft step plans as well, and a stricter GM might say that since Gather Power tips opponents off to your position and starts the fight, you only get a single standard or move action in the surprise round and can't full gather power with it.

Half this stuff is only because of your teammates - your group playing well doesn't stop the fact that the kineticist is innately bad.
And you're still wrong about two weapon fighting
>>
>>47370084
http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2svpq?Kineticist-and-conductive-weapons

"Based on the exact way that you sort of trigger the Su or SLA after a successful hit, kinetic blade would not work because it is used specifically as part of certain actions to make the blade, rather than something that is delivered on a hit, so the same thing that helps it in action economy and AoOs harms it here."

You cannot use kinetic blade to conductive melee weapon a kinetic blast.
It's an unofficial interpretation admittedly, though it is from the class designer and is again something that will have to rely on your GM's generosity.
>>
>>47370032
Aside from blindsight I'm still getting a 50% miss chance from total concealment, and the +2 bonus to hit from not being visible to my attackers versus flat footed AC or flat-touch AC. tremorsense is completely useless since I'm always flying so all I have to worry about is blindsight and lifesense. A thing had lifesense last fight, but it was a robot, so it died badly to empowered kinetic whip.
>>
Kineticist is perfectly viable in Paizo's AP and PFS though. They just don't instant gib stuff like /pfg/ think they should do (since Mark designed them to do 30-40% damage per round max).

/pfg/ is also pretty tsuntsun to Kineticist.
>>
>>47370209
+2 to hit only apply to Invisibility not smoke.
Flatfoot AC also only apply to Invisibility and not total concealment (and successful stealth check, but since you attack them this is a useless thing to do)

Seriously, you get so many ruling wrong, it's like we're playing different game.
>>
>>47370227
Kineticist burned us like it continues to burn itself.
We have to right the wrong of anyone thinking it's anywhere near a decent class because that's the sort of thinking that led to this atrocity in the first place.

>>47370209
AoEs, anon.
Also it's true that Iron Gods makes things easier for you since you know a good chunk of the stuff will be electric weak.
In an ordinary campaign where there's more variety in elemental resistances/immunities you could end up straight up screwed in some fights.
>>
>>47370097
An AOE would be near useless, I've got +16 to reflex saves and aerial evasion.
>>
>>47370209
Total concealment doesn't give you an invisible condition.
>>
>>47370262
Invisible condition: An invisible creature gains a +2 bonus on attack rolls against sighted opponents, and ignores its opponents' Dexterity bonuses to AC (if any).

Not being visible because I'm further than 5 feet behind a cloud that completely obscures sight is the same thing.
>>
>>47370328
So if I can't be seen, because I am not visible, but can see my opponent perfectly, that is different from being invisible to them because...?
>>
>>47370346
No it's not. Invisible is a condition (like shaken,daze,fascinate). You only get it when the effect grant it to you.

What you are trying to do is like saying you give people "fascinated" condition by using perform:Sing skill.
>>
>>47370084
Also:
>54d6+72 with my primary hand
Break that down for me into what's granting you stuff and whether it costs you burn.

Keep in mind that infusion specialization doesn't discount metakinesis costs, only gather power does.
>>
>>47370381
Because you only has total concealment.

Invisible condition is total concealment + more stuff. That why it direct you to Invisibility Special ability.
>>
I'm too tired to continue... I will leave the chore of educating this guy to you /pfg/.
>>
>>47370418
With supercharge I can reduce an blasts cost by 3, meaning I can make my next blast composite and empowered.
A composite physical blast deals 12d6+12+con mod at 11th level.
An empowered composite blast deals 18d6+18+con mod
My con mod is 6 so each blast deals 18d6+24 points of damage.
3 hits dealing 18d6+24 is 54d6+72
Metakinesis gives me 3 points of reduction which I don't need, the two point reduction for kinetic blade is plenty. This never costs me burn, so I can do this as many times a day as I can set it up, and given my party isheavily into tactics and crowd control spells, I can set this up quite often.
>>
>>47370473
It must suck to have a really pedant DM who would look at a situation in which a character is not visible to his enemies but can see himself and his foes perfectly well and say "No, no +2 bonus for you. This circumstance is different from that one, somehow."
>>
>>47370583
The enemy knows vaguely where you are, because you're somewhere in the smoke area.

If you're invisible, then you can be anywhere. So yeah, the circumstances are different.
>>
>>47370510
>3 hits dealing 18d6+24 is 54d6+72
Melee hits vs full AC.
With a +18 attack mod, the average enemy's AC is 24, so with (18d6+24) averaging 87 damage, 18/13/18 is more accurately:
87*0.75 + 87*0.5 + 87*0.75 = 174. Which is pretty great!

BUT this takes a full round to set up so your average DPR is actually halved at 87. Which is still okay, I'll give you that. Nothing special for level 11, especially for a class that's being sold as a damage dealer, and you can do it one per battle.
A big point of what I was saying earlier is that this is unsustainable multiple times per fight, and also relies on your party rather than the innate strength of the kineticist.

This ALSO assumes that after one full turn of gathering power in a 'safe location' you'll be lucky enough to have an enemy in reach you can use this full attack on next turn, otherwise you waste the charge, or have to convert it into a less damaging combination.
>>
>>47370636
Blind gives you a -2 penalty to AC

Invisible gives you a +2 bonus against /sighted/ foes.

Regardless of whether you know which square the creature is in.

Smoke blocks /visibility/ beyond 5 feet.

You can't really be this pedant, can you?
>>
>>47370583
Yeah, the other guy has it right. Knowing where someone is NOT is useful, even if it isn't the same as knowing where someone IS.
>>
>>47370688
Yeah uh. Invisibility is not total concealment. It's not about being a pedant, but about following the rules.
>>
>>47370583
Where in total concealment rule does it say that it geant you invisibility?

Invisibility provides Total Concealment, however total concealment doesn't provide invisibility. Plain and Simple.

Total Concealment just break LoS. It doesn't give you +20/+40 to stealth while invisible ability/spell does.

It's 2 different game term. Ntw flat-footed is also a condition that specifically happen during the first round of combat. Enemy who are denied dex to ac aren't always flat-footed.
>>
>>47364952
Quit Metagaming for one.
>>
>>47370688
I bet you think Diplomacy can be use to mindcontrol PC on your game too.
>>
>>47370721
>implying DM's can metagame when they ARE the metagame
>>
>>47367093
str trumps dex anon, unless you are the girl.
>>
>>47370764
>the girl
I'm sorry?
>>
>>47370677
My AC is 33, so I feel pretty confortable gathering energy up close and personal. Especially since if they they leave my threatened area somehow I just gather energy as a move action and hit them with a maximized empowered composite blast for 138 damage.
But with a potion of enlarge person, I'll be threatening 20 feet. So there's that.
>>
>>47370789
>>>/u/
>>
>>47370789
>2016
>not being the little girl
Get with the times, man.
>>
>>47370688
Just visibility, you can still be heard or in some cases smelled, tasted, felt, or detected by magical means. Not to mention your attacks are visible once they get within 5ft of the opponent, unlike invisibility where they don't see it coming at all until after the attack is resolved.
>>
>>47370698
I'm not saying I'm invisible /because/ I have total concealment. I'm saying I have total concealment because I am not visible, because visibility is blocked beyond 5 feet and I'm 10 feet into the mist/cloud/smoke. I can see through it perfectly because of the Windsight wild talent but my opponent can't see me. Which is similar to the benefits of the invisibility spell, where the invisible creature can see themselves but their opponent has difficulty seeing them.

My thing is better though because you straight up can't see me, I don't have to hide even, though I get +15 to that.
>>
>>47370953
That's like saying that because a sorcerer eventually casts 2nd-level spells, he should get them at the same level as the wizard does. He's casting 2nd-level spells, they're on the same list, so it should be the same.

But they're not. Because they're different mechanics. That's the rules.

You are free to ask your DM to houserule it, but "playing the game" is not being a pedant.
>>
>>47370831
>gather energy as a move action and hit them with a maximized empowered composite blast

...By accepting 3 points of burn to do it?
Infusion specialisation doesn't work on metakinesis.
>>
>>47364527
Stick Together allowed Hunters and Inquisitors to get a pseduo-pounce.
>>
>>47370966
I mean, the sorceror SHOULD be getting them at the same level. Like, that's a pretty widely held belief, Anon. It's a common as fuck houserule.
>>
Rolled randomly for class/race in a new campaign, got gnome bard.

After reading the gnome racial entry, it seems like they were purposefully created to be aggravating.

Bard I'm struggling with how to create something that isn't just pure support as our group seems to be a bit light on front line combatants. 20 point buy.
>>
>>47365040
That's about right in regard to common predatory behavior, animals will typically go for the weakest link.

The bigger and healthier you seem the least likely they'll go for you over your smaller, elder, or younger, injured, or sickly friend.

What alot of GMs get wrong is that almost no animal fights to the death unless trained to and cornered. There's a reason why a Lioness isn't going to pick a fight against two Hyenas over a kill, even if she could take both it's not worth getting injured.
>>
>>47370982
Sure. But it's not a rule. And it's not pedantic to not houserule it.
>>
>>47370976
Yeah, full round action to gather energy in melee range, if they leave my reach by withdrawing or something I spend my move action next round to gather energy for 2 more burn reduction to pay off the maximize metakinesis.
>>
>>47370978

Y'know, I feel like they'd save themselves a lot of trouble if they just put out some more things that went "HERE. HERE's a goddamn pounce. Use THIS."
>>
>>47371056
They would. But that would mean giving Martials a nice thing.
>>
Actually there is nothing in the description that implies an invisible creature can see themselves. Even if you use it on a friend they vanish and you have no idea where they are without See Invisibility or Glitterdust or scent, etc.

Also by casting spells in the fog you can be heard unless you're using silent spell or something similar. A perception check won't pinpoint your location likely but it can give them a sense of direction, and considering you're confined to the smoke they would reasonably expect where the attacks are coming from. This is how it's completely different than invisibility, they cannot see you but they can see or rather have a reasonable idea of where you are. Like an invisible creature trying to sneak right in front you while it's raining.

If you really want to play that game you need to factor in distance, mobility, decoys, and a way to keep an eye on their position while concealing your own. That strategy of yours seems legit until the enemy smartens up and throws AoEs into your smoke forcing you out of position. I assume your GM just kinda lets you wreak havoc though.
>>
>>47371013
It seems pretty pedant not to, since there is a strong suggestion in both the blind condition and the invisible condition that it's +2 easier to hit a for who can't see you.
It seems like a reasonable situation in which to gain a +2 circumstance bonus to hit.
>>
So when do the discipline weapon groups play a role in PoW? I assume you don't NEED to be using one to use the discipline's maneuvers, right?
>>
File: giorgiotsoukalos.jpg (10 KB, 240x210) Image search: [Google]
giorgiotsoukalos.jpg
10 KB, 240x210
Okay hear me out:
NEW RULE
• Making a full attack has 2 options: normal, and moving-full-attack. You can move up to your speed during a melee full attack, but you can no longer bunch up all your attacks in one place when you do this - you can't make an attack within 5ft of where you already made one from.

You get mobile melees, WAY more fun boss/dragon encounters, and said dragon doesn't just get use your melee-helping houserule to pounce one super-unlucky PC at a time.
>>
>>47371027
Ah, right, I see.

Okay, I'll admit you've managed something decent for potential damage, but I still think that the setup you need is a huge risk, and if it doesn't pay off you get hurt bad, AND have wasted your turn.
Flying enemies should be pretty common at level 10, as should special senses. 33AC is okay but at level 11 an average enemy will still hit you by rolling a 12 or higher.

Fog cloud is saving you from a lot of things but you need to rely on a caster to spend their first turn on that every time - this isn't a resource every kineticist can rely on. They can UMD it but that costs them yet another turn of setup.

Overall, you're also falling into the BUILDPOSTER fallacy: thinking that being able to make one working build with the class that relies on an unintuitive playstyle shows that the class itself is not badly designed.
>>
>>47371146
I dont have verbal components to my kinetic blasts/blades.

I also have +16 on reflex saves and evasion.
>>
>>47371180
Kinda dumb, sorry.
This is why GMs shouldn't be banning leadership.

Get any small caster as a low-level cohort/sexslave and a wand of dimension door to spam on you while you just full attack away.
>>
>>47371165
If you use a discipline weapon to deliver a maneuver from that disc, it adds +2 to any save DC the maneuver has.

Discipline Focus (feat) also adds +2 damage with discipline weapons.
>>
>>47371282
That won't help you against an AoE that targets another save.

Not to mention a Windfan, or Gust of Wind spell could counter the smoke as well.
>>
>can only put your max level in skill ranks
This sounds incredibly retarded.
>>
>>47371371
That's... How the math works? To make sure that skills scale with level?
>>
>>47371359
Ah. Neato. Thanks for the clarification.
>>
>>47371297
GMs should ban leadership because its effect comes from pure roleplay - and denying it when the player roleplays it and they don't have a feat is dumb as hell.

>Sorry, I have every reason to join you and may in fact die if I don't do that, but I see on your resumé that you don't have "Leadership" listed, and it's concerning to me.
>>
File: 1442190675946.png (84 KB, 599x717) Image search: [Google]
1442190675946.png
84 KB, 599x717
>>47370023
>>47368919
>>47366985

I've got the urge to commit a war-crime now.
>>
>>47371282
>9th level wizard with some magic that has special senses casts Magic Missile which hits unerringly
>5d4+5 damage, average 17.5

>Your concentration bonus is +16
>You must now pass a DC of 10+17+5, ie roll a 16 or higher or suddenly eat 30 nonhealable damage and waste your turn
>From a fucking magic missile
>>
>>47371388
That made no sense. That's like saying a player can roleplay being persuasive and should receive the benefits from the feat without actually taking it. I mean as a GM if you impressed me enough with persuasion I might give it to you as a freebie but still.

Leadership gets you loyal followers/cohorts in a tangible sense so it can actually be balanced. With your way I would go out and make friends with an old ass dragon or whatever is the most powerful thing available and have him join my side breaking the game.
>>
>>47371371
Sure, let me just pour 200 ranks in stealth. That will totally work out fine.
>>
>>47371449
The thing is, it's not balanced. It's "you have a bunch of minions and get to play a second character at almost no cost."

If you want cohorts, they should just be added. If you're friends with an old-ass dragon, and got that friendship through effort and questing and RP, then yeah. The roleplaying benefit of being friends with an old-ass dragon would be a thing. And they'd probably bug you for help on things too.
>>
>>47371251
I've actually been playing this character from 5th level, he has constant flight at will, evasion, 240 feet of range with his blasts, 33 AC +16 to reflex, +16 to fortitude, +6 to will, but +6 vs mind effecting and +4 further against enchantments.
He's an android so he's immune to fear, emotion effects and disease.
Aside from getting crit 5 times I a fight or eating a power attack crit from a chainsaw, he's been performing in all kinds of situations.

We reflavored the air blasts as hardlight holograms, the electric blast as an EMP pulse and the thunderstorm blast as a particle cannon, but mechanically it works exactly as by RAW. So far the kineticist has really been performing in actual play.
>>
>>47371371
It's only retarded when you apply it to NPCs, since there's no reason for a master craftsman to be better combatant than even a low-level soldier. For PCs, it's a perfectly reasonable limitation to stop people from throwing all their skill ranks into stealth or perception or UMD, for example.
>>
>>47371449
>>47371488
How about a compromise in that you can't just take leadership and suddenly have followers, but if you gain followers through roleplay than you MUST take the leadership feat either using your next feat or by swapping out with one you already have. It's a special feat that you can't just build around without "earning it" through the course of the story.

No I'm not saying this is balanced, but it's a middleground.
>>
>>47371251
>>47371251
I've actually been playing this character from 5th level, he has constant flight at will, evasion, 240 feet of range with his blasts, 33 AC +16 to reflex, +16 to fortitude, +6 to will, but +6 vs mind effecting and +4 further against enchantments.
He's an android so he's immune to fear, emotion effects and disease.
Aside from getting crit 5 times I a fight or eating a power attack crit from a chainsaw, he's been performing in all kinds of situations.

We reflavored the air blasts as hardlight holograms, the electric blast as an EMP pulse and the thunderstorm blast as a particle cannon, but mechanically it works exactly as by RAW. So far the kineticist has really been performing in actual play.

My DPR for not alpha striking isn't bad either, and most fights I just shoot out an empowered regular blast.
>>
>>47371545
Why, though? Why penalize someone's personal power for something they got through playing in-character and good roleplay?

Just give that ability to /everyone/, and expect that if you make friends and allies, you will have friends and allies.
>>
>>47371488
The thing is, you're absolutely wrong.
You either get a bunch of minions that won't survive two seconds on adventures with you or a party member who is at least two levels behind you and relies on the wealth you spend on them to compensate. Alternatively a flying mount or something, really it isn't any worse than classes that get animal companions/familiars/etc.

The feat alone can solve some of the biggest problems with T4-T5 classes.

You shouldn't just get cohorts for free, there should be some consideration for your reputation and what type of people would possibly work for you. Just because you go out of your way to suck off the old-ass dragon dosen't make it any actual way obligated to help you and your petty matters. Not to mention it's not good when NPCs do the PCs job for them rather than help them. This is kinda why your cohort can't be stronger than you and why it's far less exploitable and better balanced than your idea.
>>
>>47371415
>hit by magic missile
>nanite surge to gain +14 to concentration check
>have to roll a 2
>what was a caster becomes a smoldering crater where a caster used to be.
>>
>>47371562
Yes, this is BEFORE you reach level 11 and want to try your full round action supercharge strategies, in a paizo AP which isn't really the most difficult thing and also theme-restricted in the types of enemies you deal with, AND you have a supportive party that is willing to pitch in to make up for your weaknesses.

You have managed to make the kineticist work because of these above circumstances. (Apparently by getting TWF rules wrong, but that's besides the point)
Even so, this does not make it a decently designed class.
Having fun with it is allowed. Using anecdotal evidence of a very specific playstyle to try and convince /tg/ "hey you're all wrong about the kineticist I've proved it's okay because I had fun!" was practically inviting a world of hurt.
>>
>>47371634
>It's okay you can overcome that huge weakness by choosing to be an android!
>Therefore this is totally not a problem any kineticist will have!
>>
>>47371690
That's not even getting into the fact that Nanite Surge is once per day, to overcome a weakness that occurs every time he tries to act.
>>
>>47365631
>confirmed as the only other person in this thread who has even READ the PFS guidelins, let alone palyed any...

Please don't accuse me of such. I have absolutely no interest in PFS, I just don't like things being shit upon with wrong info.
>>
File: JojoICannotDecide.png (534 KB, 598x512) Image search: [Google]
JojoICannotDecide.png
534 KB, 598x512
So someone explain something to me. The PFSRD keeps up to date with errata, but the Archives of Nethys leave things unerrata'd? I wanted to look up the old Crane Wing feat and it looks like the archive has the old version.

>tfw you will probably never get to use most of the good pre-errata stuff for martials
>>
>>47371671
>AC 33, evasion, +16 to all saves, 132 HP with only 30 burn
>every round following alpha strike either 7d6+18 damage or 5d6+12 damage on 3 melee attacks
>party has to compensate for your weakness
>weakness
Not particularly weak in my play experience.

And I haven't been two weapon fighting up to this point. I was considering going into that next level. Probably just using a conductive spiked gauntlet as my offhand for regular blast damage.
>>
>>47371771
Man Crane Wing used to be so good...
>>
>>47371771
I kind of like new Crane Wing. You didn't get +4 AC before. It fits into the one-hander build with Weapon Trick pretty nicely, which gets you another +4 against one attack per round and a counterattack when someone misses you by 5 or more. And then when Crane Riposte comes online, misses by 4 or less also do.
>>
>>47371915
>+4 AC against one attack per round
>instead of "make one attack that WOULD have hit you automatically miss"

??????
>>
>>47371915
Lackluster to the ability to block an attack that would've hit you normally while still being able to fight defensively and riposte.
>>
>>47371724
>>47371690
So far I only had to make a concentration check once, and that was because I used a ranged blast adjacent to a target I thought wasn't able to make attacks of op because it was blind.
Gather energy as a move action doesn't provoke, and if you're threatened you can always use kinetic blade.
I've made sure to use invisibility, stealth, 5 foot steps and cover in order to get my full round gather energy fueled alpha strike off since that time.

If someone readies an action to shoot me if I gather energy I can just zap them with a regular blast and wait for them to take a standard before I switch back to gathering energy with a move action.

It's like PFG forgets how to use tactics whenever they talk about the kineticist.
>>
>>47371975
It's not +4 against only one attack per round. That would be objectively worse. +4 against all attacks until someone near-misses you has its uses.
>>
>>47371852
>>47372018
>Not particularly weak in my play experience.
>in my play experience
/That's what I'm saying/. 'in my play experience' means almost fuckall here.

If you took your build and put it in another campaign that wasn't iron gods, with a different party, you'll have a much tougher time. You need to rely on an external source for haste and invisibility, the fact that none of your enemies resist lightning, none of them can fly or spot you, and a lot of other things.

Heck, if someone else took your build and tried to play it without any advice from you, they might also have a much tougher time.
The optimal way the kineticist is played goes completely against its design intent by taking just enough burn and then never touching it again for the rest of the day, and a less canny player trying to do it any other way and actually /use/ their class features more just fucks themself over.
That's why it's a bad class.
Not because its damage is awful or because it's useless.
Because half its class features are one huge trap option that punish it for being played in the way it seems like it's supposed to.

Also:
>conductive spiked gauntlet as my offhand for regular blast damage
See: >>47370143

>If someone readies an action to shoot me if I gather energy I can just zap them with a regular blast
It's very uncommon practice for GMs to tell you when an enemy has readied an action. You wouldn't know. It potentially means an enemy can bait you into never gathering power by standing there and doing fuckall.

>It's like PFG forgets how to use tactics whenever they talk about the kineticist.
You're playing an AP, so your enemies are predetermined and the GM probably doesn't make countertactics back at you. Most GMs will introduce counters to a trick after the first one or two times.

To conclude:
You can't show the kineticist is a good class by telling us how your kineticist did okay. /a single good experience does not indicate a good class/.
>>
>>47372063
Are you fucking retarded?
The only time you benefit from that +4 AC, you lose it.
AT BEST, you negate one attack, but it's not guaranteed.
Pre-nerf crane wing guarantees negating one attack.
>>
>>47372179
In any other campaign I'd probably go earth for my second element and deal solid physical damage with my composite blast

>it's a bad class because it's class feature has a trap option.
Which you can learn to manage properly over time. I remember the day I was running around with 5 burn. Not fun, did not accumulate that much again. Most people will probably figure out you either accumulate minimum burn fueling your defensive abilities or accept minimum burn empowering your blasts. I usually go with accumulating burn defensively so I don't have to recalculate progressively based on elemental overflow.

By your logic sorcerer and oracle are terrible classes because you can wind up choosing situational spells known and have a garbage trap option character. Most people will do that once, or partway into a campaign and then learn to build their character better over time.

Heck, with a kineticist you aren't stuck with a suboptimal choice or 6 if you were accumulating too much burn earlier. You can just adjust your play style.

>DM doesn't tell you when a character has readied an action.
"What did X do on their turn again?"
Did they do everything but a standard? Don't gather energy then.
Did they use a standard?
Gather and blast away.

This isn't that difficult to figure out.
>>
Are winged golems a thing? Can you make a flying, magic-immune monstrosity?
>>
File: Wat.jpg (12 KB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
Wat.jpg
12 KB, 300x200
>>47364462
Sup, /pfg/. New player here. I have tons of questions, but I'm not sure how many I should put into one post.

In case our DM ever starts the game, our party consists of:

- Elf Wizard
- Human Monk
- Elf Barbarian
- Half-Orc Sorcerer (me)

On a scale from one to invading Russia in the winter, how bad of an idea is this?

For what it's worth, I'm planning on going into Dragon Disciple, because I think the wizard will cover casting duty better anyway, and I like hitting things once in a while. CRB only, otherwise I'd have looked into Magus.
Also, should we use the Unchained Monk/Barbarian?
>>
>>47372771
Party looks good.
If the monk's not using archetypes he should DEFINITELY be using unchained. It's much, much better. Normal barb is better than unchained though.
>>
>>47372835
That's good to hear. Thanks!
>>
>>47372771
Unchained monk is mandatory, vanilla monk is so unbelievably useless, you don't even know man.

Unchained barbarian is just a simplification overall, not a real balance change.
>>
>>47372771
you'll probably do fine, but having the wizard (or you) focus on buffing all the melees might be a good thing to think about.
>>
>>47372771
It's a bad idea to ask /pfg/ that question, play what you want to play. Think for yourself for fucks sake.

Dragon Disciple is okay, maybe consider a paladin dip for some hp/bab/chatosaves. Or being Crossblooded and grabbing Orc/Dragonic Bloodlines for blastin shit.

If your guys want to use unchained Barbarian/Monk it should be fine. But it's up to them and the GM, and since you're not playing them it's kinda not your place to ask.
>>
>>47365922
I found the Sasquatch to be one of the best Alter Self forms. Its got darkvision, lowlight vision, 40 base speed and slam.
The Kuru isn't bad either. And the Merfolk has the best swim speed.

Been awhile since I looked though, probably more humanoids printed since I played my Alchemist a few years ago.
>>
On the Kineticist "Follow up Shot" infusion, when they say you fire a blast and treat it as if you were level 1: Is this only for the die progression or do you ALSO count as level 1 for feats (which plusses apply or don't apply yet) and Overflow (which was +1/+2 at level 1)?
>>
>>47372854
>MoMS
>Zen Archer
>Tetori
>useless
Fuck you, anon, I'd gladly play any of these over UCMonk. Especially since Paizo banned UCMonks from taking chained archetypes.
>>
>>47373040
Gotta go so will put my results IF only the blast dice are lv 1'd that way:

An Avant Garde Kineticist at 11th, with no equipment (would raise things just a bit) could be able to manage, using a hyperdimensional crystalline needle blast:
Infusion Spec -3, Meditation -2, Gather 3(hasted with the extra 1 for feat)
Hyperdimension Needle Blast: Hyperdimension(3), Followup(2) Empower(1), Maximize(2)
Ignore Dex to AC, ignore Cover. Physical 2d6+2*6 = 12d6+12+8(CON)+6(burn/prodigy) = 12d6+26
Empower/Maximize = 108+39=147
Followup 18+24=42 2 hits = 189

At least I think.

That's decent enough for level 11, but that's a full for-damage build, so it's nothing special either.
>>
>>47372854
Good to know. Thanks!

>>47372856
Neat. I like buffing anyway.

>>47372889
Forgive me for asking people who know more about the game for advice. Speaking of which, thanks for yours.
I know it's not my decision, but everyone asked me to look into it anyway.
>>
>>47373088
I'd rather unban that retarded rule than have to put up with regular monk garbage for those benefits. Those archetypes would be good if they were on an actual class with net-positive features, and are dippable by real classes, but as it is they don't make up for having no real class.
>>
For wyroot what is the most critfish wooden weapon?
>>
>>47373088
I simply use archetypes that don't interfere with UCmonk class features, such as MoMS
>>
>>47373554
That's RAW-illegal and you know it. Therefore, it depends on DM generosity, not the most reliable resource.
>>
>>47373554
Why would you want to play the nerfed MoMS though?
>>
>>47373570
I know that
>>
File: o7gagtwn311rcufwuo2_540.gif (2 MB, 540x303) Image search: [Google]
o7gagtwn311rcufwuo2_540.gif
2 MB, 540x303
Is there anything Pathfinder has that can help sate my need to be an engineering badass? Feels like it facilitates them magical folk a bit too heavily over martials or crafty characters.
>>
>>47373727
Engineering badass how?
>>
>>47373484
A fine sized Dan Bong that you tap your pet bugs with to piss them off. They should have just said you get bonus ki/arcane pool points because of how easy that is to abuse.
>>
>>47373752
Making mechanical weapons (not your typical sword or axe), vehicles, gadgets, armored suits... the whole nine yards of non-magical based technology. Or even slightly magically based technology.
>>
>>47373727
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/3rd-party-classes/drop-dead-studios/the-artisan
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/3rd-party-classes/icosa-entertainment-llc/gearhead
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/3rd-party-classes/louis-porter-jr-design/machinesmith
Alchemist with a homebrew archetype
>>
Where can i find a template for a werebat, the srd only takes me to a pre generated character.
>>
>>47373727
sauce on gif?
>>
>>47373849
Koutetsujou no Kabaneri, recent anime that came out.
>>
>>47373727
At risk of just suggesting a refluffed caster, there's the Gearhead class that's basically a refluffed Words of Power sorcerer. Prep gadgets at the begining of the day and iron-man your way through life, with steampunk specializations like tesla lightning, steam pressure, or clockwork.
>>
I'm level 3 with 500 gp to spend, should I bump my shield to masterwork? Already bought masterwork banded plate, and a +1 longsword, a silver dagger, and a cold iron dagger.
>>
>>47373968
As a warrior type? Probably worth it if you have some specializations in shields, especially if you're regularly needing to use your physical agility skills and want to cut down ACP.

If you can get someone to craft magic stuff for you though, +1 to armor or +1 to shields that are Already masterwork is 500 at cost (1000 market price) and might serve you better.
>>
>>47372771
The only hole you really have is a healer. The necessity shifts based on what kind of campaign you'll be in and the money, but a Life Oracle or other healbot isn't a bad idea.
>>
>>47373849
Koutetsujou no Kabaneri, episode 6.

Essentially, the anime is set in a giant fortified train in a steampunk/feudal Japan setting. This is their engineer removing a safety limiter on the boiler to keep a monster from getting a hold.
>>
I'm trying to figure out how to describe the difference between prepared casters and spontaneous casters to someone who doesn't understand. More specifically a potential druid and summoner. Advice?
>>
>>47374125
Spontaneous casters just have a number of spells of each level they can cast per day. It doesn't matter what level 3 spells they cast, but they get a specific amount and that's it.

Prepared casters get slots which they need to load spells into. If they want to cast fireball twice that day, they need to prepare it twice. Then once they've cast those two, they're shit outta luck if they want to cast more fireballs, regardless of if they've got more spells of that level or not.
>>
>>47374125
>>47374167
In addition, remember that the strength of the prepared caster remains on the fact that it has virtually access to all the spells in the class list, while the spontaneous caster is limited by its spells known.
>>
File: sorry what.gif (2 MB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
sorry what.gif
2 MB, 320x320
Is there any way of shapeshifting that gives you all the senses of the base form?

I want to shape shift into an Argus: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/aberrations/argus

Grab a bow full of ether arrows and either Hunting Zephyr from Tempest Gale or Mythic Far Shot
>>
>>47374193
I suppose I should rephrase the question: I need analogies. The first session the GM helped select their spells with them so their test-run was easier. This is the conversation that resulted in the first combat:
>I cast Entangle
>you don't have that prepared.
> but (summoner) didn't prepare grease!
>I cast spontaneously, druids have to prepare spells
>but why can't I prepare a spell before I cast it
>because that takes a long time
>Whyyy?
And it went kind of like that for a while.
>>
>>47374241
Brew Fleshcrafting Poison, or the Consuming Creature template. Enjoy, Anon.
>>
>a hell portal opened in my inn room
>guilt manager into giving me money

Feels good
>>
>>47374299
So... they're basically asking why things are the way they are.

Basically, because 'that's how it is'

Just tell him that a Summoner only knows a set amount of spells.

A druid can pick from their ENTIRE LIST when they prepare spells.
>>
>>47374299
Prepared casting is like making different ammo types for a gun. You need to sit your ass down and load it all up and get it ready to fire off. Every shot is its own thing.

Spontaneous casting is like sticking a battery in a laser gun with multiple fire modes. You can just switch fire modes on the fly and blast away, but it all draws from the same battery.
>>
File: hot shot.gif (964 KB, 500x208) Image search: [Google]
hot shot.gif
964 KB, 500x208
>>47374410
>"Yeah, I heard you, hot shot."
>>
>>47369492
Conductive Longbow, Anon.
>>
>>47374550
>conductive longbow

NOT AFTER THE NERFS, FAGGOT, HAHA!
FUCK YOU PAIZO
>>
/pfg/ my players are part of a ghost busting military organization in a country infested with undead and other horrifying monsters.

I think they might be finishing their current mission tonight. Give me your spookiest mission hooks.
>>
I see a lot of discussion about statting up Nanoha, but none of the other characters. So how about it? How would you make them?
>>
>>47374586
Players find their own bodies.
>>
>>47374628
They're all animes, what's the difference?
>>
>>47374586
I remember hearing a cool hook in a thread about discovering a forest where the bark on the trees could be peeled off and missing people were found inside.
>>
>>47374586
One of the farmers in the nearby town was digging a well, once they got thirty feet down they found a big wooden house door.
>>
File: goo-girl.jpg (120 KB, 466x607) Image search: [Google]
goo-girl.jpg
120 KB, 466x607
So, I just picked up the April Unleashed book, and immediately fell in love with the Gelatinous Cube monster class. I just have no idea where to take it after completing the monster class. Shitloads of constitution, engulf, transparency, but basically no dexterity is a... problem for many classes.

My GM's already approved the monster class and I've got a bit of a backstory planned out, I'm just not sure what direction to take the character after I finish taking the monster class levels and the Form Figure feat. Anybody have any suggestions?
>>
>>47375125
Some sort of defender type?
>>
Is there another class that feels like a paladin but doesn't suck as much ass as a paladin?
>>
>>47374586
My favourite spooky hooks are mostly some variation on "town where thing isn't what it ought to be".

Today's off the cuff idea is.. Let's say, a town where everyone is alive but frozen in place as long as the PCs are present. When the PCs leave and come back, everyone's moved, life's gone on as normal, but as long as the PCs are inside city limits, the citizens (and maybe also objects?) are completely immobile (immovable rod "make a stupid high Str check to move" kind of immobile, not just unmoving).

You can take this in so many directions. Is this a spell gone wrong? Is this a spell gone RIGHT? Are the townsfolk aware while they're frozen? Or do they just lose the time? Are they slowly losing their shit over these strange skips forward in time nobody has any memories of? What do the citizens think of the PCs moving objects? What happens when a citizen LEAVES the town?
>>
File: gndsjgnejr.gif (1011 KB, 500x245) Image search: [Google]
gndsjgnejr.gif
1011 KB, 500x245
>>47375291
....FUCK I LEFT MY TRIP ON FROM YESTERDAY

QANON MEANS

UH

THE SPOOKIEST ADVENTURE IS THE ONE WHERE ALL SYLPHU ARE MISSING

>_>

NAILED IT.
>>
>>47375204
Maybe. The ridiculous constitution certainly supports it.

Though I have to admit, the idea of a giant pink cube acting as the party Warder is a rather strange mental image.
>>
>>47375324
She doesn't want to see her darling friends get hurt, obviously.
>>
>>47375125
Crimson Countess.

There's nothing in the RAW that prevents you from using Engulf while dissolved into a 30+ft pool of blood.
>>
>>47375291
Requester here I actually did this one recently.
party fell asleep in a set of ruins, got transported to a town inhabited by corpses frozen in time. They got placed in random parts of the town (including the bed of the mayor, with the corpse).
whenever the corpses aren't observed they go about their day.
in the end it turns out the mayor had sacrificed his wife to a dark eldritch god for immortality, but the god is literal and doesn't understand nuance. So they relive the same day in a pocket dimension for all time
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 29

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.