[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
God-tier 40k quotes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 58
File: Curze_faces_Vulkan.png (1 MB, 1021x1497) Image search: [Google]
Curze_faces_Vulkan.png
1 MB, 1021x1497
>Konrad Curze: My sons, the galaxy is burning. We all bear witness to a final truth -- our way is not the way of the Imperium. You have never stood in the Emperor's light. Never worn the Imperial eagle. And you never will. You shall stand in midnight clad, your claws forever red with the lifeblood of my father's failed empire, warring through the centuries as the talons of a murdered god. Rise, my sons, and take your wrath across the stars, in my name. In my memory. Rise, my Night Lords.
>>
Holy shit i love these memes

-Lupercarl
>>
>>47363202
>Enemies of the Imperium hear me: you have come here to die. The Immortal Emperor is with us and we are invincible. You cannot win.
>His soldiers will strike you down. His war machines will crush you under their treads. His mighty guns will bring the very sky crashing down upon you.
>So make yourselves ready, we are the 1st Kronus Regiment and today is our victory day!
>>
>‘THEN WE MUST BE MALEVOLENT TOO. FOR WE HAVE EXPELLED OUR SENTIMENTALITY LONG AGO. HOW ELSE COULD WE HAVE ENDURED? HOW ELSE COULD WE HAVE IMPOSED OUR RULE?’
>‘YET BY VIRTUE OF THAT WE ARE PURE AND UNCONTAMINATED BY WEAKNESS. WE ARE GRIM SALVATION.'

>WE ARE AGONIZINGLY ALONE
>>
>>47363277
I only partake in the dankest of ebin maymays
-Horus
>>
Anyone have that one that Angron fires at Leman Russ?
>>
File: received_10153742056238737.jpg (33 KB, 554x564) Image search: [Google]
received_10153742056238737.jpg
33 KB, 554x564
>There is only the Emperor he is our shield and protector.
>>
File: 1317357719662.jpg (92 KB, 480x678) Image search: [Google]
1317357719662.jpg
92 KB, 480x678
>>47363202

>"To each of us falls a task. And all the Emperor asks of us Guardsmen is that we stand the line and we die fighting. It is what we do best. We die standing."
>>
>>47363202
>"Zeal makes all things possible, duty makes all things simple."
>Sigismund
>>
File: 1461787368975.jpg (197 KB, 1621x1110) Image search: [Google]
1461787368975.jpg
197 KB, 1621x1110
>Though our tanks and artillery are mighty, it is the vast ranks of Imperial Guardsmen that shall trample the enemy to dust - let them come.
>Usurkar E.Creed
>>
"Ogryns. If we time it just right, the Eldar will all be going "What the..." just when what's left of the Company breaks cover over here and piles into them. No spreading out, no fancy stuff, just smash through. Let's see how those degenerate sophisticates handle a healthy dose of pure unreasoning violence."
>>
>nThough my guards may sleep and ships may rest at anchor, our foes know full well that big guns never tire.

> Huron Black-Heart
>>
‘So wot’s this fing doing again, Dagz?’ said Grabber, looking even more confused than normal.
‘Right,’ said Dagogg. ‘You know how you grab the grots wiv yer grabba stick, and then you chuck ‘em about the place fer a larf?’
‘Yep,’ replied Grabber promptly, his pincer-stave flexing to illustrate his point.
‘Well,’ replied Dagogg, sighing happily. ‘It’s a bit like that. But wiv a moon."

One of my favorite ork quotes.
>>
>>47363781
GOAT

I except nothing less from the first and best captain.
>>
File: Iron Warrior Banter.jpg (45 KB, 1188x168) Image search: [Google]
Iron Warrior Banter.jpg
45 KB, 1188x168
Favorite legion, favorite quote
>>
>I love the smell of promethium in the morning.
>captain shambas, valhallan 597th
>>
>>47363202
"What would you know of struggle, Perfect Son? When have you fought against the mutilation of your mind? When have you had to do anything more than tally compliances and polish your armour?" [...] "The people of your world named you Great One. The people of mine called me Slave. Which one of us landed on a paradise of civilization to be raised by a foster father, Roboute? Which one of us was given armies to lead after training in the halls of the Macraggian high-riders? Which one of us inherited a strong, cultured kingdom? And which one of us had to rise up against a kingdom with nothing but a horde of starving slaves? Which one of us was a child enslaved on a world of monsters, with his brain cut up by carving knives? Listen to your blue-clad wretches yelling of courage and honour, courage and honour, courage and honour. Do you even know the meaning of those words? Courage is fighting the kingdom which enslaves you, no matter that their armies outnumber yours by ten-thousand to one. You know nothing of courage. Honour is resisting a tyrant when all others suckle and grow fat on the hypocrisy he feeds them. You know nothing of honour."

Say what you will, but Angron not only physically put the punch to Guilliman, he did so verbally as well. Guilliman had a fine -and true- retort, I'll give you that, but its scale was paltry to what the Gladiator said of him.
>>
>Fear not the Psyker
>>
File: Tanith 1st and Only.jpg (19 KB, 264x302) Image search: [Google]
Tanith 1st and Only.jpg
19 KB, 264x302
“I am an Imperial commissar. I will enflame the weak, support the wavering, guide the lost. I will be all things to all men who need me. But I will also punish without hesitation the incompetent, the cowardly, and the treasonous. --Ibram Gaunt”
― Dan Abnett, Necropolis
>>
File: file.png (2 MB, 1107x1024) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2 MB, 1107x1024
[incoherent screeching]
>>
Sorry, I prefer Blondes
>>
File: Imotekh The Stormlord.jpg (209 KB, 450x612) Image search: [Google]
Imotekh The Stormlord.jpg
209 KB, 450x612
"You have ruled this galaxy for ten thousand of your years, and yet have so little to account to show for your efforts. Such failure must be as depressing to bear as it is shameful to behold!"
>>
>>47363202
>our way is not the way of the Imperium
>our way
>our

This primarch was retrofluffed into a miserable bipolar asshole who swung between a manic malignant narcissist phase and fugues of self-loathing where he cut himself with broken shards of mirrored glass.

Thanks, BL.
>>
>>47366447
Imotekh bringing the real talk to the table. The Necrons woke up to find the Eldar and the upstart Humanity doing terribly, while seemingly more primitive cultures of Chaos, Orkz and Tyranids were on the uprising.
>>
"I remember ... being trucked down to Nottingham on a coach to sit
in on a session at which [Bryan Ansell] and his minions explained
how the spiky [Chaos] space wombles' ethos (which could be summed
up as Total! Maximum! Violence! Now!) worked, and how we weren't
to take any liberties with their intellectual property. Which
they gloated over eerily and at length."
- Charles Stross
>>
"I learned the Encyclopaedia Psychotica Galactica and I wrote a
trial 40K short story which initially read a bit like a piss-take.
Scourged by David [Pringle], I then hallucinated myself into the
40K milieu, and began to have enormous mad fun in broodingly,
Gothically, luridly going over the top. That's when it all
gelled, and the 'Inquisition War' trilogy came about."
- Ian Watson
>>
"Psykers are very dangerous indeed ... Some become host to daemonic
powers ... others attract psychically sensitive aliens or psychic
disease ... If psykers were to go unchecked throughout the Imperium,
human society would soon collapse. Indeed, this is one of the reasons
why the Emperor clings so tenaciously to life, as only he understands
the true dangers of possession and psychic destruction."
- WD130
>>
'I am not divine,' sayeth the angel. She reached out, daring to touch
the trailing edge of his folded wings beneath the mail cloak.
Sanguinius allowed the imposition, but then stepped back to give her
room. 'I am, like Horus and all my kin, as my father made me. Born of
science and learning, not of mythology.'
'The Emperor made you an angel,' said the astropath, her voice echoing
in the empty room. 'Why? Did he make a devil as well?'
'Have you met my brother Magnus?'
>>
"Can you survive an encounter with Dr. Gostalo's Amazing
Inter-Galactic Psycho Circus? Rogue Trader: Adventure,
mayhem and destruction on a cosmic scale."
- 1985 ad copy for Rick Priestley's proto-BFG game "Rogue Trader"
>>
>>47363202
>In an hour of darkness, a blind man is the best guide; in an age of insanity, look to the madman to show the way.
>>
>>47367333
the whole point is that the necrons are in the same (worse) state than humanity

Ruled the galaxy once, then fell because of the eldar
>>
>>47367515
Fell because of a whole bunch of shit, including the Eldar. Yet still, even after so long asleep and after the War in Heaven kicking their shit in they come back to find nobody can stand against them without superior numbers.
>>
>>47367538
the necrons had longer than 10k years to git gud and did not, werent they necroning about for literally like a million years before they went to sleep?
>>
"Sometimes it's fun to win, and sometimes it just doesn't matter."
- A Cavatore, on the art and science of balanced game design
>>
Flugrim: Let me guess, Horus. You're going to use my ego to convince me to join your rebellion.

Horus: I am, in fact. Tell me, is it working?

Fulgrim: ...Yes...
>>
Fulgrim - "I hear you've done some interesting things to your ships, brother."

Jaghatai - "I hear you've done some interesting things to your men."
>>
>>47364127
> Have faith, Word Bearer
Based legion is based
>>
"I ... had a couple of other [job] offers, but I felt [GW] was a
once-in-a-lifetime opportunity and that, with my physics background
and training, if it didn't pan out I would still be well placed to
look for another. Now I've been here for over six years."
- Robin Cruddace, physicist, on his game development credentials
>>
"The Codex Astartes is a set of rules. They guide, shape us as Ultramarines. Teach us to hold duty and honor sacred above all. But how we live with those rules is the true test of a Space Marine. And you have failed."

Captain Motherfucking Titus, to "But Muh Codex" Leandros
>>
File: necron1.jpg (18 KB, 300x280) Image search: [Google]
necron1.jpg
18 KB, 300x280
>>47367515

"Let me tell you of my future. My hand will reach out into the stars, reshaping the galaxy into a place of order and unity. Under my reign, the kingdoms of old shall live again, reborn to an age of power and glory the like of which you can only imagine. I will rule every planet touched by the light of this star and, even in the darkness beyond, my name will be whispered with fear and respect."

Him to some dirty knife ear.
>>
File: 1409729418579.png (111 KB, 400x459) Image search: [Google]
1409729418579.png
111 KB, 400x459
>>47364127
Gotta love that bitter asshole of a legion...
>>
"Yes, we did end-up destroying the Earth - but for one bright, shining
moment, our firm had created EXCEPTIONAL dividends for shareholders!"
- Post-Apocalyptic MBA
>>
"Variously and without recourse to time period or progression, the
Alpha Legion has been witnessed in liveries of pale grey, gleaming
steel, veridian, dull bronze, sable, indigo, amaranth and azure blue -
both in main and in combination. It has been variously recorded as
displaying Principia Belicosa standardised rank and unit signifiers,
elaborate stylised reptilian iconography of unknown meaning, and the
complex logos-teknika forms favoured by the Emperor-shattered Pan
Pacific Empire on Ancient Terra. It has also gone into battle without
emblems or markings of any kind; a faceless, anonymous army of killers
without distinction or division within its ranks."
- Loremaster Kang, on ephemeral heraldry and covert operators
>>
"From their Fortress-Monastery 'Noun of Dire Portent,' the Noun Verber
fleet patrols the PseudoLatin Quadrant whilst their flagship, the
Zealous Expression, captained by Chapter Master Alliterative LatinPun
leads them into battle from landfall - using their favourite tactic:
Ferrous Precipitation - to their inevitable Victorious Withdrawal
March under the shadow of their proudest holy relic: the Generic
Cultural Icon of Heavily Implied Hyper-Aggression."
- Codex Adeptus Astartes: Noun Verbers
>>
>>47367430
source?
>>
>>47363347
The absolute best.
>>
"The Emperor, at Nikea, warned all Librarians of the mortal dangers of
the Arts of Summoning and of Incantation. It was there that He bade
Magnus cease their use - and even their study - and Magnus Oathbreaker
swore that he and his Thousand Sons Legionnaires would heed and obey."
- Now All Is Dust
>>
>>47368070

James Swallow, Fear to Tread , I think.
>>
"In my day, the sons of Sanguinius sucked blood, not dick."
- Venerable Dreadnought Henderson
>>
>>47363347
>AGONIZINGLY
>>
"We should not suppose any aid [from the Iron Hands, Death Guard or
Mechanicus]. The Iron Hands have been leaderless since Manus was slain
at Isstvan. Who can say what their current agenda is, or where their
true loyalties lie? Similarly, it has been reported that those Legions
that sided with Horus did not do so wholly. Whole companies and fleets
have been spread far across the galaxy, and with the warp storms
isolating many sectors, we must not hastily pre-judge any situation."
- The Lion of Caliban, Primarch, I Legio
>>
File: roboute.jpg (70 KB, 497x500) Image search: [Google]
roboute.jpg
70 KB, 497x500
>>47364352
"You’re still a slave, Angron. Enslaved by your past, blind to the future. Too hateful to learn. Too spiteful to prosper."

My personal favorite quote in 40k.

Q: What's the difference between a cow and Angron's little rebellion?
A: You can't milk a cow for two hundred years.
>>
"Eldrad is the greatest among us. He is the sun which eclipses the light of our stars. He is Ulthwé and the fate of our kind rests in his hands. His eyes are the keenest, no detail goes unnoticed. Four thousand runes can he cast, guiding our path through torment and war, death and salvation. He is the pathfinder, the seeker, the true guide. Even your race has trembled before his might, though you may not have known it. It was he who guided us to the Ork known as Ghazghkull, and commanded us to steer his path to your world of Armageddon. Ten thousand Eldar lives would have been lost if he had not done so. What sacrifice is a million humans for such a cause?
He knows your affairs better than you do yourself. He warned that weakling seer you call Emperor of the treachery of Horus and the strife which would engulf us, just as it engulfed the rest of the galaxy, but your arrogance deafened you to his words. Your stupidity almost destroyed the galaxy, yet you never knew how close the forces of light were to our ultimate defeat. He saw the Great Devourer and warned our kin on Iyanden, even before they had neared our galaxy.

To him all futures are laid out, just as your crude implements of torture are laid out on the cold metal of that shelf. You say we are random and capricious, we say you are vulgar and idiotic. Some of you call us your enemies. All races are our enemy in time. Some of you call us your allies. You are not allies, any more than a butcher’s knife is his ally. You are tools, nothing more. To be used and expended to protect our race, that is your fate.
>>
>>47368412

Your kind think you are so magnificent, yet even now, at the nadir of our power, we can manipulate you, turn you to our ends, as easily as you might pull a trigger and fire a gun. Our time will come again, Eldrad has promised us. Once more you upstart Mon-keigh [subject spits] shall kneel before our power! This time we will not be so lenient! We will exterminate you, every world, every vessel, every one of you! Eldrad has seen the stars stained red with your blood, and it pleases him!

You think us weak, but we will be your doom, children of Earth."
-Last words of a captured Eldar Ranger, subsequently executed
>>
>>47364352
>>47368365
I Think Rowboat got the better hit in.

Concise, to the point, and hacked the legs off Angron's morals
>>
Give me a gun that never fires! Give me sword that is ever blunt! Give me a weapon that deals no wound as long as it always strikes awe! - Sebastian Thor
>>
File: 1447022700599.jpg (31 KB, 470x457) Image search: [Google]
1447022700599.jpg
31 KB, 470x457
>>47363347
I was going to post it. Someone gives Empy a hug.
>>
"If a man dedicates his life to good deeds and the welfare of others, he will die unthanked and unremembered. If he exercises his genius bringing misery and death to billions, his name will echo down through the millennia for a hundred lifetimes. Infamy is always more preferable to ignominy. - Fabius Bile
>>
Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov;
"There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty."
>>
"If The path to salvation leads through the halls of Purgatory so be it." Ahzek Ahriman.
>>
When the Emperor dies under his axes, when his final thought is of how the Great Crusade was all in pathetic futility, and when his last sight is Angron's iron smile... then the Master of Mankind will learn what Angron has known since he picked up his first blade.

Freedom is the only thing worth fighting for.

That is why tyrants always fall.
Lord of the Red Sands
>>
>>47367446
.......do you have a picture of that ad anon?
>>
File: 1462880207311.jpg (139 KB, 798x573) Image search: [Google]
1462880207311.jpg
139 KB, 798x573
Honestly, 40k is best represented by the IG. It has both the Grimdark, the noblebright and the witty/dark humour that makes the setting what it is.
>>
>If you truly do hail from the realm that men once called hell, when you return there, tell your kindred it was Sanguinius who threw you back
>>
>>47372805

>Best represented by its least unique element

You can find IG equivalents in any story that involves rough and ready soldiers.
>>
File: conquest_of_uttu_prime.jpg (228 KB, 560x842) Image search: [Google]
conquest_of_uttu_prime.jpg
228 KB, 560x842
>>47367515
>the whole point is that the necrons are in the same (worse) state than humanity

Actually, if you opened the 7th ED codex then you would know that the Necrons are in a period of resurgence and reconquest. If left unopposed, their empire will revive in full.

As for the Eldar and humanity? They are on their way out.

>>47367586
The point of Imotekh's speech that humanity ruled for 10K years and did little to leave their mark on the galaxy.

No great works of science, no great cities of wonder and riches, no worthy and glorious deeds. It's all just decay and squalor. Humanity is nothing but dust that settled on the necropolis of the Necrons. Now it's time for them to be swept aside.
>>
File: 1456664072184.png (160 KB, 790x1700) Image search: [Google]
1456664072184.png
160 KB, 790x1700
>>47373356
The atmosphere, not the physical, graphical or ideoligical elements.

Plus it's kinda expected that a setting that it all about Mankind surviving against insurmontable odds is best summarised by the average human, don't you think?
>>
>>47373685
Well to be fair, the Necrons basically had their War with the Eldars (which was pretty fucking huge, let's be honest) bu that was it.

On the other hand, the Imperium has ennemies litteraly in every possible place and way. Inside and outside its structure.
>>
>>47374213
The setting isn't about mankind surviving against insurmountable odds. The setting is about corruption and dogma rendering a once mighty empire into a decaying corpse of it's former self. The IG are a result of that theme and are generic toy soldiers dying in droves.

You want to see the actual themes of the setting personified you watch what an Inquisitor does.
>>
My favourite Ollanious Pius quote.

"Why the hell is everything always our job?"
>>
How can mirrors be real if our eyes aren't real - Jadus Smithius, Imperial Philosopher
>>
>>47374577
go to bed, Sarge.
>>
>>47363902
>Gaunt's Ghost's art I haven't seen before

neat.jpg
>>
File: Rotgob.jpg (21 KB, 460x234) Image search: [Google]
Rotgob.jpg
21 KB, 460x234
>>
>>47374772
Thats for a book that will never be released.
>>
File: bile.png (1 MB, 650x823) Image search: [Google]
bile.png
1 MB, 650x823
"Unlike you, whelp, I once walked the same ground as your Idol . I breathed the same air as him. And I tell you this, without lie or artifice. He never wanted to become what you have made him! He did not wish to be your god-thing. He abhorred such ideals! The slavery of your crippled, blind Imperium would sicken him, if he had eyes to see it."

-Fabius Bile
>>
>>47376518
This is one of my favorites.

If any loyalist would believe Fabulous Bile their minds would snap in half.
>>
>>47363202
>Even a man with nothing left can still give his life.
I always found that quote weirdly moving.
>>47368687
You guys know he was being forced to serve an Empire that allied with the people who enslaved him right?
Plenty of other planets, the big E came down like the wrath of God to set things right. The Nucerians he decided could stay in power for some reason.
It's almost as if the Emperor was a ruthless pragmatist or something.
>>47372491
Source?
>>
>>47363202
40k is shit. - everyone
>>
Any job worth doing is worth dying for. - Imperial Tarot
>>
Cowards die in shame.
- Exit confirmation window in Dawn of War I
>>
File: 1445404496499.jpg (67 KB, 800x703) Image search: [Google]
1445404496499.jpg
67 KB, 800x703
>>47377533
What in the Emperor's name did you just say unto me, vile HERETIC? I will have you know, I was the most gifted of the initiates at the Trial of Choosing, and I have been involved in numerous glorious crusades against the Tau, having inflicted over 3,000 deaths upon the hated Xenos! I am an expert in glorious close quarters combat and am the mightiest bolter marksman in the entire Imperium. You are nothing to me but another heretic. I will exterminate you with righteous fury this pathetic backwater planet has not seen since the time of the God-Emperor himself, heed my words! You believe you can spew your blasphemies simply because we communicate via Noospheric link? Think again, defiler of the faith! As we speak, I am contacting my network of Inquisitorial operatives across the Imperium, tracing your location via Psychic Scrying, so you had best prepare for the Storm, worm. The Storm of RIGHTEOUS PLASMA FIRE that wipes out the PATHETIC LITTLE THING YOU DARE SULLY THE EMPEROR'S WORK BY CALLING YOUR LIFE. YOU ARE DEAD, WRETCH. THE EMPEROR'S SERVANTS ARE EVERYWHERE, AT EVERY TIME, AND CAN GRANT YOU A RIGHTEOUS PURGING IN OVER 700 WAYS WITH NOUGHT BUT THEIR GAUNTLETS AND THEIR RIGHTEOUS ZEAL. NOT ONLY AM I AN EXPERT IN THE USE OF THE CHAINSWORD, BUT THE VERY WEAPON-VAULTS OF MARS ARE GRANTED TO ME, AND I SHALL USE THESE GLORIOUS WEAPONS TO REDUCE YOU AND ALL YOU HOLD DEAR TO ASH! DESPAIR AND REGRET YOUR HAUGHTY WORDS, HERETIC, FOR HAD YOU KNOWN THE EXTENT OF MY FURY PERHAPS YOU WOULD HAVE REPENTED YOUR SINS! YET YOU COULD NOT, YOU DID NOT, AND NOW YOU SHALL PAY THE EMPEROR'S TITHE IN YOUR VILE BLOOD, YOU FILTHY, CORRUPTED BLASPHEMER! I SHALL BATHE YOU IN PROMETHIUM FLAMES, AND YOU SHALL WRITHE ETERNAL IN AGONY! YOU ARE DEAD, CHAOS-WORSHIPER!
>>
File: Kharn.jpg (286 KB, 863x1200) Image search: [Google]
Kharn.jpg
286 KB, 863x1200
"Get up."
>>
>>47377478
>It's almost as if the Emperor was a ruthless pragmatist or something.
But that was an incredibly stupid move by Emps. He decided that he would rather guarantee a demigod's hatred rather than potentially destabilize a completely worthless planet in the middle of nowhere.
That doesn't seem particularly pragmatic to me.
>>
>Look! Rhinos! RRRRRHHHHIIIIIIINNNNOOOSSSS! Our enemies hide in METAL BAWKSES, DA KOWARDZ! TEH FEWLZ!! We...(cough) We should take away their METAL BAWKSES!
>>
LOOK AT THIS FUCKING GUARDSMAN.

He's spent months fighting a grueling war in which his enemies are demigods allied with daemons, and now he's found himself in the closest thing to Hell he's ever known. He probably wasn't even supposed to get teleported up to the arch-traitor's battle barge in the first place, and just ended up in the wrong place at the worst possible time.

Somehow he's survived horrors beyond comprehension to make his way to the very bridge of Horus' flagship. He saw a veritable angel call upon Horus to answer for his crimes, and he saw that angel die as messily as any guardsman. His Emperor - who he fervently believes is a god incarnate, even if he's not supposed to - lies mortally wounded, and Horus, perhaps, has taken a moment to gloat before he strikes the killing blow.

His armor is slightly more effective than tissue paper, his weapon slightly more powerful than a flashlight. A single electrified claw from Horus' weapon is bigger than his entire body. He stands before a being infused by the dark gods' with incalculable power, that can and will obliterate his soul with no more effort than it would take him to swat a gnat. Nothing he can do could possibly make a difference.

He could run. He could turn his weapon on himself. He could give in to the insidious whispers that echo from the ship's corridors into his mind.

Ollanius Pius does the duty his Emperor requires of him. He dies standing and holds the fucking line.
>>
>>47377919
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my squad in the Ultramarines 10th company, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on Eldar craftworlds, and I have over 300,000 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I'm the top sniper in the entire Ultramarines chapter. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before in this galaxy, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the warp transmissions array? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the Ultima Segmentum, and your warp signature is being traced right now so you better prepare for the warp storm, heretic. The warp storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're fucking dead, heretic. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the Ultramarines Chapter and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the galaxy, you little prick. If only you could have known what holy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit the light of the Emperor all over you and you will drown in it. You're fucking dead, heretic.
>>
File: 1387420249695.gif (2 MB, 235x240) Image search: [Google]
1387420249695.gif
2 MB, 235x240
>>47378303
Give this man a commendation!
>>
>>47374577
But anon, Pius isnt canon
>>
File: War.jpg (166 KB, 1004x409) Image search: [Google]
War.jpg
166 KB, 1004x409
>“RIGHT YOUSE LOT. THIS IS NAZDREG SO SHUT IT.

>DA MEKS ’AVE ALMOST GOT THIS FING RUNNIN’. THEY SAY FIVE DAYS MAX. SO YOU BETTER MAKE SURE YOU’RE BACK HERE IN FIVE DAYS’ TIME IF YER WANT TO GET OFF THIS WORLD BEFORE DA SWIRLY FING TURNS US ALL INTA SQUIGS.

>THAT SED I’M DYIN’ FER A GOOD FIGHT. A PROPER FIGHT, NOT SOME TELLYPORTIN’ NONSENSE WIV A FEW HUNDRED BOYZ LOOKING LIKE A BUNCH OF GROTS WANDERIN’ OFF TO FIND DA DROPZ. SO THIS ONE’S GONNA INVOLVE EVERY LAST ONE OF YA, SAME PLACE, SAME TIME.

>I’LL BE AT THE FRONT, SO YA BETTER FOLLOW. YER CAN TELL WHICH WAY I’LL BE GOIN’ COS I’LL HAVE BIG GORKO AND BIG MORKO HERE ON EITHER SIDE OF ME, AN IF YA CAN MISS A PAIR OF GARGANTS YER DON’T DESERVE A FIGHT ANYWAYS. YER BETTER KEEP UP, COS I’M NOT LEAVING THIS WORLD TILL I GET SOME KILLIN’ DONE AND I’M GONNA KILL EVERYFING I SEE THAT AIN’T GREEN. I GOT THAT MUCH DAKKA.

>THIS PLANET’S BEEN GOOD TO US. LET’S MAKE SURE WE PAY IT BACK BY MAKIN’ IT DIE IN GOOD HONEST FIRE AND FIGHTIN’ INSTEAD OF IN SOME MAGIC WHIRLYGIG. WE IS ORKS AND WE IS HERE TO BRING DEATH.

>WE IS ORKS! WE BRING DEATH!

>WE IS ORKS! AND WE BRING DEATH TO A WORLD!

>WAAAGH! THE ORKS!
>>
>>47363202
"Because we couldn't be trusted. The Emperor needed a weapon that would never obey its own desires before those of the Imperium. He needed a weapon that would never bite the hand that feeds. The World Eaters were not that weapon. We've all drawn blades purely for the sake of shedding blood, and we've all felt the exultation of winning a war that never even needed to happen. We are not the tame, reliable pets that the Emperor wanted. The Wolves obey, when we would not. The Wolves can
be trusted, when we never could. They have a discipline we lack, because their passions are not aflame with the Butcher's Nails buzzing in the back of their skulls." "The Wolves will always come to heel when called. In that regard, it is a mystery why they name themselves wolves. They are tame, collared by the Emperor, obeying his every whim. But a wolf doesn't behave that way. Only a dog does." "That is why we are the Eaters of Worlds, and the War Hounds no longer."

- Eighth Captain Khârn
>>
File: Gksword.jpg (672 KB, 664x1200) Image search: [Google]
Gksword.jpg
672 KB, 664x1200
>>47363202
"One unbreakable shield against the coming darkness, One last blade forged in defiance of fate, Let them be my legacy to the galaxy I conquered, And my final gift to the species I failed."

— Inscription upon the Arcus Daemonica, attributed to the Emperor of Mankind
>>
>>47363202
"And what are the achievements of your fragile Imperium? It is a corpse rotting slowly from within while maggots writhe in its belly. It was built with the toil of heroes and giants, and now it is inhabited by frightened weaklings to whom the glories of those times are half-forgotten legends. I have forgotten nothing, and my wisdom has expanded far beyond mere mortal frailties."

— Ahriman of the Thousand Sons
>>
>"Faithful, enlightened, ambtious, brethren. In but a single decade, but a few mere swipes of the pendulum, we have gathered a sacrifice to Khorne that will be made legend. Though it was a simpler, weaker voice that illuminated me during my centuries upon the Judgement of Carrion, it was Khorne's messenger who showed me the true path of freedom from our pathetic corpse-Emperor. And what is this path? This meaning, this purpose to which we gather the skulls of our foes? It is nothing. There is no meaning, no purpose. We murder. We kill. It is mindless savagery, this UNIVERSE IS MINDLESS! In mere hours, billions will die. Innocent! Guilty! Strong and weak! Honest and deceitful! ALL of them! They will scream, they will burn, and for no purpose but that mighty Khorne may revel in their bloodshed! And united in this void of purpose, fear, or duty, we! Shall at long last! Be FREE! Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne! LET! THE GALAXY! BURN!"

- Azariah Kyras
>>
>>47380434
The Ahriman lf John French is actually quite based imo. He really wants to unfuck what he did, and sometimes you even see that he'd want to be part or the Imperium again, yet knows that will probably never happen. It's kinda sad really.
>>
>>47363202
> We are mighty because we are right. We are not right because we are mighty. Vile will be the day when the inverse becomes our creed.

30k quotes are full of feels and regret.
>>
>ctrl-f: WAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
>0 results
one job ya gits
>>
File: Kommandos iz da sneekiest.jpg (162 KB, 680x759) Image search: [Google]
Kommandos iz da sneekiest.jpg
162 KB, 680x759
>>47383627
>chastises a thread for not quoting WAAAAGH!!
>misspells it horribly
>>
>>47383746
>car'n bout spell'n
zog you
i'll krup ya
>>
File: Aw Yeah!.jpg (102 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
Aw Yeah!.jpg
102 KB, 512x512
>>47383768
DEN LETZ GET IT ZOGGIN GOIN THEN YA GIT!
>>
>>47377950
Kharn truly was based in that moment.
>>
"This is even stupider than my idea."
- Sevetar.
>>
>Wiry, copper-red hair curled away from a high brow, pale eyes sat deep behind cheekbones that angled down like axe-strokes to an aquiline nose and a broad, thin-lipped mouth.

>It was the face of a general to follow unto death, the face of a teacher at whose feet the wise would fight to sit, the face of a king made for the adoration of worlds: the face of a primarch.

>And rage made it the face of a beast. Rage pulsed and distorted the features like a tumour breaking out from the skull beneath. It made the eyes into yellow, empty pits, debased the proud lines of brow and jaw, peeled the lips back from the teeth.

The true tragedy of Angron - he could have been a second Guilliman or Horus.

He could have surpassed both.

Instead he was attacked, captured and mutilated as soon as he emerged from his crashed pod and driven mad by unending pain.
>>
>>47383947
ADB might have daddy and waifu issues, but I'll be damned if his writing style is just the best one for 40k. Sevatar holding onto a fighter to board a capital ship and fight his way through was so damn good.
>>
"You kept that mule Kor Phaeron. Russ kept his kin-friends. The Lion kept Luther. Humans - brothers and foster fathers - saved and raised into Legion ranks. But not me. Not Angron, no. Did the Emperor teleport his gold-wrapped Custodians down to help me and my army? No. Did he free the War Hounds and order them to battle, fight alongside me? No. Did he save my brothers and sisters the way he spared and honoured the Lion's closest kin? The way he honoured Kor Phaeron? No, no and no. No mercy for Angron. Angron the Oathbreaker. Angron the Betrayer."

— Primarch Angron explaining his anger towards the Emperor to his brother Lorgar, Primarch of the Word Bearers
>>
>>47384027
Isn't*
>>
>>47363544
Sure thing bud.

>What would you know of struggle, Perfect Son? When have you fought against the mutilation of your mind? When have you had to do anything more than tally compliances and polish your armour?" [...] "The people of your world named you Great One. The people of mine called me Slave. Which one of us landed on a paradise of civilization to be raised by a foster father, Roboute? Which one of us was given armies to lead after training in the halls of the Macraggian high-riders? Which one of us inherited a strong, cultured kingdom? And which one of us had to rise up against a kingdom with nothing but a horde of starving slaves? Which one of us was a child enslaved on a world of monsters, with his brain cut up by carving knives? Listen to your blue-clad wretches yelling of courage and honour, courage and honour, courage and honour. Do you even know the meaning of those words? Courage is fighting the kingdom which enslaves you, no matter that their armies outnumber yours by ten-thousand to one. You know nothing of courage. Honour is resisting a tyrant when all others suckle and grow fat on the hypocrisy he feeds them. You know nothing of honour.
>>
"ORKS ORKS ORKS ORKS"

-Orks
>>
>>47384041
Nah this one's Angron and Roboute I'm afraid.
>>
"Let history mark my words well, for I care nothing about who sits proud on the Throne of Terra when the last day dawns. Horus is a fine commander, but that’s the limit of my admiration for that arrogant, preening bastard. I joined his rebellion because I can tolerate him easier than I can endure the abomination that names himself Master of Mankind. You want the truth of my life and death? I am Angron, the Eater of Worlds, and I am already dead. I died over a hundred years ago, in the mountains north of the city that enslaved me. I died after Desh'elika."

— Primarch Angron talking to his brother Lorgar
Angron - the only Primarch to refuse the Emperor upon their first meeting.

And, as the Emperor has shown elsewhere, he's a heavy handed bastard when he doesn't get his own way.
>>
File: Kyr_Vhalen.jpg (300 KB, 584x783) Image search: [Google]
Kyr_Vhalen.jpg
300 KB, 584x783
>>47364127
My sides are iron.
>>
>>47384027
>"I'll be there in seven minutes. Eight if there's resistance. Nine if the resistance is carrying bolters."
>The resistance was carrying bolters.
Prince of Crows is absolutely top-tier.
>>
>>47384081
>This time a voice sounded from the building in reply. ‘Magneric! So high must I be in your regard, that you chase me for a thousand years and more, into the teeth of the greatest ork Waaagh! since Ullanor!’

>‘Kalkator!’ boomed the Dreadnought. His pneumatics hissed, and the great block of his right shoulder shifted, lifting his assault cannon high. The barrels spun once, and halted. Magneric’s targeting array danced over the ruin, picking out the Iron Warriors in green outlines. Kalkator was not among them.

>‘You are looking well. Iron without suits you.’

>‘I am unmoved by your mockery,’ boomed Magneric. ‘Come out so that I might kill you!’

Iron Warrior bantz are the best.
>>
>>47384053
Oh shit, I posted the wrong one, sorry.
>>
>It's also a hammer.
>>
File: REPENT, FOR TOMORROW YOU DIE.jpg (173 KB, 950x616) Image search: [Google]
REPENT, FOR TOMORROW YOU DIE.jpg
173 KB, 950x616
>>
>>47377950
>>47383901
What moment? I'm not familiar with the quote.
>>
>>47384200
Kharn teaching Erebus a lesson.
>>
>>47384200
After Argel Tal is killed by Erebus. Tal was one of the only people Kharn really considered a friend, and the anger over his death is the thing which finally pushes him head-first into Khorne worship.

When Kharn learns who killed him, he forces Erebus to duel him in a to-the-death pit fight. Which results in Erebus having the shit beaten out of him, again and again, with Kharn repeating "Get up." every time the Word Bearer hits the floor. Erebus only survives because he manages to teleport himself out via sorcery.
>>
>>47384200
When Kharn learns that Erebus killed Argel Tal and just bitchslap him around for a minute, first time using Gorechild, and decides to kill him, cuts his hand off but Erebus, being the little bitch he is, teleports away.

Read Betrayer and the First Heretic. It's pretty cool.
>>
File: sevatar.jpg (421 KB, 1217x1356) Image search: [Google]
sevatar.jpg
421 KB, 1217x1356
I am really disappointed that nobody mentioned the most epic lines ever written in 40k lore...

>"I am Sevatar the Condemned, and I will wear your skin as a cloak before dawn ruins the sky."

>>
>>47377950
More confirmation that kharn is most based
>>
>>47384260

Nah, that's fairly shit and standard for the setting. Nothing unique about it.
>>
>>47384315
Damn right anon. While all the other quotes in this thread were unique masterpieces of modern and classic literature and perfect examples of creative superiority, THIS one was rather "meh", right?
>>
>>47384357

Yep. Way too emo-y.

And that's just your butthurt over someone not agreeing with you.

The quote itself is fairly emo-y too.
>>
>>47374238
>the Necrons basically had their War with the Eldars (which was pretty fucking huge, let's be honest) bu that was it.

The Necrons fought the Old Ones, the Orks, the Eldar, and tons of other races in the War in Heaven including warp gods. After they defeated them all, they turned on the C'tan and destroyed them.

Nothing the Imperium faced and will face comes close to what the Necrons overcome. The galaxy is built upon the legacy of the Necrons.
>>
>>47384392
I meant that more like, Necrons had an all out war with other races, but fidn't have to deal with internal problems like the Imperium has to.
Take Chaos out of the equation, and the Imperium would be in a much better shape I think.
>>
>>47384222
what book is this from Betrayer?
>>
Take Chaos out of the equation and you'd have a united humanity lead by the Emperor with the Primarchs still leading the legions.

The Imperium would have had 10,000 years to build their own webway as the Emperor dreamed.

10,000 years to unite.

10,000 years to recover lost STCs that wouldn't have been destroyed in Chaos uprisings etc.

10,000 years for the likes of Dorn and Perturabo to fortify the Imperium against all threats.

10,000 years for Guilliman to organise it into a well oiled machine.

10,000 years and they entirity of human potential harnessed as opposed to a huge chunk of it being pissed away to Chaos worship and the lives needed to put that worship down.

The Gaycrons would be fucking curbstomped as soon as they started emerging and humanity would end up surpassing them.
>>
File: whenbaitgetsbaited.jpg (61 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
whenbaitgetsbaited.jpg
61 KB, 800x800
>>47384371
>>
>>47384452
I don't think so.

The Navigators, according the "Path of Heaven" novel, were getting suspicious about the Emperor's project. They would have caused a rebellion sooner or later.

The reason why the Emperor kept the Webway a secret was because he feared with the Navigator houses would do if they realized that they are going the way of the Thunder Warriors.

>>47384422
>but fidn't have to deal with internal problems like the Imperium has to.

It doesn't get more internal than a whole race warring with their own gods.
>>
>>47384490
he feared what the Navigator houses*
>>
Innocence proves nothing
>>
>>47384490
>I don't think so.
>The Navigators, according the "Path of Heaven" novel, were getting suspicious about the Emperor's project. They would have caused a rebellion sooner or later.
>The reason why the Emperor kept the Webway a secret was because he feared with the Navigator houses would do if they realized that they are going the way of the Thunder Warriors.

Even the Eldar still have ships. The navigators would still have their uses.
>>
>>47384524
The Emperor seems to have disagreed with that He hid it from the Houses and planned to break their power with the Webway.

Even if the Navigators were allowed to live, which is most unlikely, their powerbase would be at a reduced state. They would be irrelevant.

They will not allow that to happen.
>>
>>47363544
got ya covered

>'You are free, Leman Russ of Fenris, because your freedoms match the Emperor's will. For each time I wage war against worlds that threaten the Imperium's advance, there comes another time I am told to conquer peaceful worlds that wish only to be left alone. I am told to destroy whole civilizations and call it liberation. I am told to demand millions of men and women from these new worlds, to make them take up armsin the Emperor's hordes, and I am told to call this a tithe, or recruitment, because we are al ltoo scared of the truth. We refuse to call it slavery.'
>' I am loyal, the same as you. I am told to bathe my legion in the blood of innocents and sinners alike, and I do it, because it is all that's left for me i nthis life. I do these things, and I enjoy them, not because we are moral, or right - or loving souls seeking to enlighten a dark universe - but because al lI feel are the Buther's Nails hammered into my brain. I serve because of this "mutilation". Without it? Well, perhaps I might be a more moral man, like you claim to be. A virtuous man, eh? Perhaps I might ascend the steps to our father's palace and take the slaving bastard;s head.'
>>
>>47384587
>They will not allow that to happen.

All navigator houses based on Terra.

Custodes take all Houses and their families into custody.

Navigators out in the Imperium told that any act of disobediance means their deaths and the ruination of the defier's Houses.

Problem solved, Senpai.
>>
Fulgrim and Khan

"I heard from a contact on Mars, Jaghatai, that you do strange things to your ships."

The Khan shot him a heavy-lidded stare. "I heard from a contact that you do strange things to your warriors"
>>
"No, I built three."

- Lorgar
>>
>>47384673
Or perhaps a countermand to let them go or lose every ship in space would be.made.
Stop being the definition of armchair general and assuming people are as stupid and some
Simple as you.
>>
>>47384733
>Or perhaps a countermand to let them go or lose every ship in space would be.made.

Assuming all the navigators would be disloyal and none would side with the Emperor. Your first mistake.

Thinking the Emperor doesn't take the long view. Your second mistake.

The Emperor waited 40,000 years to gain a method of travel for humanity that didn't need the warp. He could let the navigators carry out their threat, then wipe them out on Terra as planned, and begin a second Great Crusade using the growing human webway to reconquer what was lost again.

And this one would have him as saving humanity from rebelious mutants.

>Stop being the definition of armchair general and assuming people are as stupid and some
Simple as you.

Says the one who thinks he's an armchair Guilliman because he's a navigator fanboy after reading a bit about them in a shit novel.
>>
>>47384733
So their master plan relies on killing themselves, wasting the time and resources of an immortalwith infinite resources at his command, and marooning a person who now has alternate methods of travel?

Brilliant.
Absolutely brilliant
>>
File: gk3.png (801 KB, 700x525) Image search: [Google]
gk3.png
801 KB, 700x525
https://youtu.be/ilSDgI1JONw?t=74

THIS IS THE JUDGEMENT OF THE RIGHTEOUS, SCUM
>>
>>47384841
Damn, timestamp link didn't work :c
>>
>>47384841
best quotes in the game to be honest. That vid having more views than all the other quote videos only proves it.
>>
>>47384832
>So their master plan relies on killing themselves, wasting the time and resources of an immortalwith infinite resources at his command, and marooning a person who now has alternate methods of travel?

Beats being genocided.
>>
>>47384851
DoW2 really dropped the ball on the voice acting imo. Here's to hoping DoW3 brings us the HAM the setting deserves.
>>
>>47384797
>Magnus foresees the Navigator Heresy through the Warp
>Decides that send a warning to the Emperor through sorcery to prove a point to the Emperor
>Magnus accidentally blows up the Imperial Webway

Oh Shiz.

That didn't go as planned.
>>
>>47384863
>Beats being genocided.

The Imperium is trillions strong.

No way they could build a webway that could support all of the travel and hauling that would be needed to keep it going.

Navigators would still have a place, just like the Eldar still have ships.

The only difference is that the Emperor and humanity are no longer dependant on them.

Stop buying into the fantasies of the navigator fanboy.
>>
>>47384891

Weak.

Is that the best you can come up with?
>>
File: farsightxshadowsunconfirmed.jpg (84 KB, 539x396) Image search: [Google]
farsightxshadowsunconfirmed.jpg
84 KB, 539x396
>>
>>47384868
DoW 2 had plenty of great VA work, and even if the overall quality dipped slightly, the fact that it was so much more extensive made up for it.
>>
>>47384906
That's exactly what would happen and you know it.

>>47384895
>The only difference is that the Emperor and humanity are no longer dependant on them.

And they will not allow that. That will reduce them to slaves instead of masters.

And the Emperor isn't building a Webway from scratch. He is taking over the Eldar webway.
>>
>>47384907
De-confirmed in "Blades of Damocles"

Love triangles suck.
>>
>>47384930
The quality was fine, It was much more mundane and I guess generic. Especially compared to the hammy yelling that DoW1 had,

Imo DoW1 nailed the atmosphere of 40k perfecty, and the over the top voices worked really well with 40k. Where 2 toned it back.

The Tau borderline engrish always makes me chuckle
>>
>>47384934
This. Why do people think that a faction like the navigators will sit back and lose power quietly?
It makes about as much sense as the admech allowing themselves to lose status.
>>
>>47384934
>That's exactly what would happen and you know it.

It isn't and I don't. Prove it, nav-cuck.

>And they will not allow that. That will reduce them to slaves instead of masters.

Nav-cuckness intensifies.

>And the Emperor isn't building a Webway from scratch. He is taking over the Eldar webway.

So, he's taking over an already existing and extensive webway and you think that strengthens your case that the navigators could beat him.....?

And to think you're calling others not very smart in this thread.

I'm embarassed for you, Senpai. You've accidentally turned this into a cringe thread.
>>
File: 1365102467568.jpg (96 KB, 900x658) Image search: [Google]
1365102467568.jpg
96 KB, 900x658
>No "Blood for the Blood God"

wtf is wrong with this board
>>
>>47384955
What? :C Can you post pics?
>>
>>47384934
The difference is that it's not a clear path of extermination, it's a reduction in power.

Yes, some houses will rebel, but it's not the cut and clear genocide you make it out to be.
Not all the navigators will be prideful and/or stupid enough to rebel given they have an escape path.

Also, Magnus and is one of the few people that could significantly reduce any impact of a rebellion.
When The Enperor was ready to unveil it, he'd be told about it.
>>
>>47384972
I think everyone just assumed it was posted.
>>
>>47366064

>not 'roars with bowel-loosening fury'
>>
>>47363202
SHUT UP, CURZE. -Vulkan He'stan
>>
>>47384969
>It isn't and I don't. Prove it, nav-cuck.

Look how Magnus discovered the treachery of Horus. Magnus saw into the future and saw Horus betraying the Emperor. He decided to warn the Emperor via magic to prove a point.

>So, he's taking over an already existing and extensive webway and you think that strengthens your case that the navigators could beat him.....?

It will take time for him to fully get it operations but it will be enough time for the Navis to get their shit together with their allies and rebel.

>And to think you're calling others not very smart in this thread.

This anon >>47384733 is not me.
>>
>>47384980
If they allow the Imperial Webway to be completed, what would be their in an Imperium that hates them and now does not need them? This unknown will not cause "some" houses to rebel. The majority will. They cannot trust a liege who has betrayed them so and basically engineered their destruction.
>>
>>47385032
What would their fate*
>>
>>47385032
>does not need them
So each ship still in commission due to the titanic logistical needs of the Inperium will be fitted with teleportation devices?
Neat
>>
>>47385011
>Look how Magnus discovered the treachery of Horus. Magnus saw into the future and saw Horus betraying the Emperor. He decided to warn the Emperor via magic to prove a point.

Horus was his brother. That treachery carried a special level of tragedy. If Horus hadn't been corrupted it would have been him, as warmaster, Magnus warned. No webway destruction then.

>It will take time for him to fully get it operations but it will be enough time for the Navis to get their shit together with their allies and rebel.

He's waited 40,000 years and his sons are immortal. He won't mind the wait.

Oh, so the navigators have allies now all of a sudden?

What was their sales pitch?

>"Right, lads, you know the way we use our mutation, the one that can kill you if we look at you, to travel into what is literally hell? And you know the way all sorts of fucked up shit can happen with warp beasts and arriving in the future or the past? Well the Emperor has discovered a much faster, safer method he intends to use on behalf of humanity!!! FUCK THAT SHIT, JOIN US IN REBELLION TO KEEP OUR SHITTY METHOD OF TRAVEL THAT ALWAYS RISKS YOU DOOM!"

That deserves a slow hand clap.
>>
>>47385045
Ships can still do short range flight without the need of the Navigators. The long flights will rely of the Webway.

But we are talking about them discovering the Webway before its completion. The Navigators are given two choices. Either help build something that will phase them out or rebel and fuck up that traitor on Terra,
>>
>>47384985
"We will devour and consume. Going from System to system, world to world. Our living vessels will cover your skies as our hordes take the very genetic makeup of your species. The ground beneath where you stand will be stripped. We will take, and take, and take, until the only thing left is rock and bone. Then we will leave you and your meager galaxy in search of more."

- Bullshit I made up of what the hive mind might think
>>
>>47385056
>>"Right, lads, you know the way we use our mutation, the one that can kill you if we look at you, to travel into what is literally hell? And you know the way all sorts of fucked up shit can happen with warp beasts and arriving in the future or the past? Well the Emperor has discovered a much faster, safer method he intends to use on behalf of humanity!!! FUCK THAT SHIT, JOIN US IN REBELLION TO KEEP OUR SHITTY METHOD OF TRAVEL THAT ALWAYS RISKS YOU DOOM!"

They wouldn't paraphrase at that. They will probably come up with a lie or something They would rebel and strong arm parts of the Imperium to rebel alongside them since their houses have massive influence in the Imperium. With the Webway incomplete, the Emperor would have no way to stop his Imperium from collapsing as Navigators with any common sense would refuse to work with the loyalist side.

They might even turn some the Primarchs to their side. Angron, Konrad, Pert, I think these guys would love to have a swing at the Emperor.
>>
File: Darvus-Q'Orl.jpg (169 KB, 576x609) Image search: [Google]
Darvus-Q'Orl.jpg
169 KB, 576x609
>>47383627
>>>47374908
>>>47380298

>>47384868
>>47384959
But https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpBngmCpUrU
>>
>>47385135
>They will probably come up with a lie or something

Lies. By mere navigators. Oh that'll sway plenty.

Whereas the Emperor has an army of iterators who are trained for the express purpose of swaying people to his side. He sends them orders to spread the word their is a safe, reliable alternative to warp travel. How many people do you think will believe the navigator whining over them?

>They would rebel and strong arm parts of the Imperium to rebel alongside them since their houses have massive influence in the Imperium.

Wishful thinking based on nothing at all.

Do you know who has more influence in the Imperium? The Emperor.

>With the Webway incomplete, the Emperor would have no way to stop his Imperium from collapsing

As has been pointed out, if he's taking over the Eldar webway then it is largely complete and ready to go. He is immortal and so are his sons. He lived through Old Night and waited to rebuild. He'd live through your fantasy rebellion and rebuild again.

>as Navigators with any common sense would refuse to work with the loyalist side.

Conjecture.

>They might even turn some the Primarchs to their side. Angron, Konrad, Pert, I think these guys would love to have a swing at the Emperor.

It took the influence of Chaos and their brothers to make these legions finally tip over into rebellion.

You think they'd suddenly do it over some squealing mutants? Let alone join those mutants?

Paths to Heaven fucked you over, son. Go outside and play, the grown ups are talking.
>>
>>47385226

Damn.

exterminatus deployed.
>>
File: Horus.png (764 KB, 577x605) Image search: [Google]
Horus.png
764 KB, 577x605
>>47385056
Yeah, a rebellion against the Emperor? Like that will ever happen. Who's going to join them, The Space Marines? The Mechanicum? Wait, I know, some all powerful beings from the warp will lend them their aid. Ha. Yeah right. Slow clap indeed. Never happen in ten thousand years.

Anyway, you have to go to Istvaan right now. Trust me, it's important.
>>
>God-tier 40k quotes
Thoughts For The Day are a goddamn goldmine for these:

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Thought_for_the_day
>>
>>47385226
>>47385226
You think the fact that the Emperor would go as far as to hide the knowledge of the Imperial Webway from everyone including Malcador, his bodyguard, his sons, and Horus of all people means nothing? Or is it the fear that the Houses would screw him over rather allow themselves to be destroyed. You are one bathing in wishful thinking.

> if he's taking over the Eldar webway then it is largely complete and ready to go

Full of Eldar, daemons, horrors, broken sections and god knows what else. It's another realm that requires conquest which requires time which the navigators will not give him if they realized what was up.

He can wait all he wants but without the resources of an Empire he wouldn't be able to conquer the Webway and secure it. Pooof there went the big dream.
>>
>>47385284

> Thinking anyone would join mere navigators in their own little rebellion.

Kek.

Who helped the Thunder Warriors again?

Fucking no-one.
>>
>>47385368
>Who helped the Thunder Warriors again?

The Thunder Warriors helped the Emperor conquer one planet and they were roided brutes, they weren't the life blood that connects the Imperium and run by Houses who value their self interest.
>>
>>47377973
Or ya know maybe Angron could have gotten over his petty butthurt? But he didn't because he was a coward that would rather wallow in self loathing and blood than anything else.
>>
>>47385355
>You think the fact that the Emperor would go as far as to hide the knowledge of the Imperial Webway from everyone including Malcador, his bodyguard, his sons, and Horus of all people means nothing?

60,000 year old demi-god who spent entire life living, working and acting in secrecy continues the habit of a lifetime. No surprises there.

>Or is it the fear that the Houses would screw him over rather allow themselves to be destroyed

He's destroyed the Thunder Warriors and he's possibly already wiped out two of his own sons and their legions and is willing to do the same to more. He's faced down demons and gods in the warp. But navigator fanboys think he's afraid of them and won't take action against them. Laughable.

> Full of Eldar, daemons, horrors, broken sections and god knows what else. It's another realm that requires conquest which requires time which the navigators will not give him if they realized what was up.

You do realise navigators don't control the ships, yeah? Navigator refuses to comply with Imperial orders on an Imperial warship and the Commissars gas their chambers. Problem solved.

Imperium collapses.

Emperor forges new one with the webway.

Humanity better off and one step closer to survival. Venal, grasping mutants brought to heel.

Win-win.
>>
>>47385410
>petty butthurt

Treachery and the Nails are petty butthurt?

Spot the middle class kid who's had such an easy life he can't contemplate any form of suffering.
>>
>>47385284
Except that's the Emperor's own sons leading the rebellion alongside their Legions.
Not petty Navigator houses. And if we go by the comment chain, there's no Chaos involved in this rebellion too.
>>
>>47385427
>Emperor forges new one with the webway.

With the meagre forces of Sol system? The three types of Eldar would murderize him, all while the Xenos of the galaxy will converge on humanity for revenge.
>>
>>47385441
not that guy but you are projecting
>>
>>47385480
>With the meagre forces of Sol system?

It was enough to reconquer a good portion of the Imperium at the start of the Great Crusade. And some of the HH novels mention that the Sol System is still one of the main powerhouses of the Great Crusade.

>The three types of Eldar would murderize him

Specualtion at best, wishful thinking at worst.

> all while the Xenos of the galaxy will converge on humanity for revenge

As they did in Old Night but most of their numbers have been wiped out or driven back for now. It's why in the books so many primarchs were starting to think what they would do with themselves in a short while when the Imperium was at peace.

Plus their would still be countless legion forces and Primarchs floating around who could try hold things together.

Besides, for a being as old as the Emperor another few centuries of a second Great Crusade would be nothing at all. Especially if it's end game is the creation of the human webway.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (97 KB, 549x611) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
97 KB, 549x611
>>47385368
>>47385460
Can Chaos corrupt Navigators?
>>
>>47385532
>Specualtion at best, wishful thinking at worst.

No speculation. Without Chaos around, humanity would be the prime threat to the Eldar especially if humanity is trying to grab their precious webway. That's enough to unite all three factions of the Eldar. They might even ally with the Navigators.
>>
>>47385589

>Counters accusations of speculation with even greater speculation.

Kek.
>>
>>47373685
Necrons had one war, otherwise they had peace.
Now they can no longer reproduce an lose more and more of their kind to bugs.
Returning to the flesh is impossible for them, too. No soul, no flesh.
Necrons are dying and are fallen so low, they do not even care.
>>
>>47385548
yes. It happened in The Emperor's Gift.
>>
>>47385613
You think the Eldar would just sit around while a genocidal wave of humans rampage across their webway? Heck, no.

Summon the Phoenix Lords. We are going to toen on these Mon'kiegh.
>>
>>47367679
Is this real?
>>
>>47385480
Nigger you are making all kinds of assumption about this Navigator rebellion.
There is no reason that they would discover the Webway project before it's done. If they do, it's still only a bunch of wealthy mutant families, that only exist because they can blackmail the Imperium precisely because it lacks a Webway, throwing a bitch fit on Terra itself. They can't tell the truth why they are rebelling. They are rebeling against the Emperor and 18 of his sons. And there is no proof that the Emperor would genocide them or that 100% of them would rise against him.

>>47385548
Of course it can.
>>
>>47385628
>Necrons had one war, otherwise they had peace.

Actually, multiple wars.

>Now they can no longer reproduce an lose more and more of their kind to bugs.

Necrons can create False Necrons and Cenoptek constructs.

And they are losing themselves to "bugs". The insanity of the Necrons was caused by the Great Sleep and it's a one time thing.

The only plagues that, well, plaguing the Necrons are the Flayer and Destroyer Curses.

>Returning to the flesh is impossible for them, too. No soul, no flesh.

Actually, there is a prophecy that says that the Necrons will return to flesh.

The Necrons are working with that prophecy and doing research in methods to return to flesh. They are making progress but it's very slow.

>Necrons are dying and are fallen so low, they do not even care.

If you opened the Codex, then you would know that

A) They are not dying,

B) They do care very much

C) The Necron Empire is rising
>>
>>47385696
They are not losing themselves*
>>
File: when the inquisition is right.jpg (3 KB, 125x85) Image search: [Google]
when the inquisition is right.jpg
3 KB, 125x85
It was wondrous. Ulargo was filled with the sight of it; no, not the sight, but the sheer experience, for the warp was not composed of light, but of emotion, and to experience it was to let it speak to the most fundamental parts of his soul.
The sky of hatred split apart and a yawning mouth opened up above Ulargo's soul. Teeth of wrath framed the maw. Beyond it was a black mass, seething like a pit of vermin. It was terror. Mouths were opening up everywhere. Mindless things, like sharks made of malicious glee, slid between the thunderheads of passion. They snatched at the soul-specks of the Fireblade's crew, teeth like knives through what remained of their minds.
Even love was turning on them, filling them in their last moments of existence with a horrendous longing for all the things they would never have, and appalling, consuming grief for everything they once had, but would never see again.
The maw bore down on Ulargo. Teeth closed in on him, an appalling coldness sheared through him and he knew that it was the purity of death. The boiling mass seethed. The last vestiges of his physical self recoiled as worms forced themselves into a nose and mouth that no longer existed.
The warp turned dark, and Ulargo drowned in fear.
>>
>>47385643
>Summon the Phoenix Lords. We are going to toen on these Mon'kiegh.

And humanity has beings that can strangle and Avatar to death with their bare hands. And the weakest of them did that, need I point out.

Phoenix Lords? Top kek.

And that wave of humanity you mentioned? Where are the Eldar going to scrape up the numbers to beat it? This isn't a fight like on a planet where they can fight for a bit and then disappear off into the webway.
>>
>>47385745
>And the weakest of them did that, need I point out.

>Fulgrim
>weakest

>Where are the Eldar going to scrape up the numbers to beat it?

The Dark City.
>>
>>47385735
>inquisitor for ants
>>
>>47385771
the best inquisitor, obviously
>>
File: for_cadia_by_zaku0909.jpg (308 KB, 774x530) Image search: [Google]
for_cadia_by_zaku0909.jpg
308 KB, 774x530
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSR9W8g6ak8
>>
>>47384436
Yes.
>>
>>47385846
good good. I was less than half way through it before I stopped. I should pick it back up soon.
>>
>>47385883
You should indeed, it's a good book.
>>
>>47385548
How do you think chaos gets around in the universe?
>>
"To survive in such a future era you need to be psychotic,
from [a contemporaneous] point of view."
- Ian Watson, attempting - and failing - to excuse Grimderp
>>
File: Defined.jpg (95 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
Defined.jpg
95 KB, 250x250
"[Thunder Warriors were] brutal and unsubtle creations, but sufficient
for the job of conquest. They were ordinary men, the fiercest warriors
of the Emperor, within whose bodies He had implanted full-grown
biological hardware and mechanical augmentations to boost their
strength, endurance and speed. They were monstrous things, and most
were eventually driven insane by the demands their enhanced
physiques made upon them."
- A Thousand Sons
>>
"Crackling bolts of energy poured from the molten gates,
flensing those too close to the marrow. Intricate symbols
carved into the rock of the cavern exploded with shrieking
detonations. Every source of illumination in the chamber blew
out in a shower of sparks, and centuries of the most incredible
work imaginable was undone in an instant."
- Magnus's grand entrance

"What manner of father opens the door to a world of wonder
and then orders you not to step through?"
- Magnus the Man-Child

"The kind who would never have suspected your oath to be worthless."
- The Adult in the Room
>>
"A Visconti-Sforza deck. The Visconti di Modrone [tarot]
set if I am not mistaken."
- Magnus, being perceptive

"You have a good eye, my lord."
- Ahriman, being cheeky
>>
File: 113.jpg (719 KB, 1150x1704) Image search: [Google]
113.jpg
719 KB, 1150x1704
>>47385990
"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper; only those that prosper truly judge what is sane."

"There is no right or wrong in our profession. The present changes the past from moment to moment. Only pray for the future to vindicate your action."
>>
Many of the Imperium's myriad institutions have
their own special saints, individuals who are held as
exemplars of a given group's values. The scribes of the
Administratum revere saints who exemplify exactitude
and efficiency; the enforcers of the Adeptus Arbites
venerate saints who pursued the guilty to the very ends
of the galaxy. For the Imperial Guard, Ollanius Pius
stands out above a multitude of warrior-saints.
Of this warrior, no facts are known for certain,
and it may be that he never actually existed at all
except as a conglomeration of the ideals and virtues
that motivate the Imperial Guard. Legend states that
Ollanius, a lowly soldier in the armies of the Emperor,
found himself fighting near or alongside the Emperor
himself, somehow intervened to protect the Emperor
from a deadly blow delivered by a vile traitor, and
was killed doing so. There are countless variations
on this tale, and it is by no means accepted as canon
throughout the Ministorum. In fact, other bodies have
similar tales, including the Adeptus Astartes, who hold
that the primarch of the Imperial Fists chapter, Rogal
Dorn, performed a similar service, if not as fatal, to
the Emperor thousands of years ago.
While the true details of his life are unlikely ever
to be known, the figure of Ollanius Pius is to be found
in Imperial Guard shrines, texts and banners across
thousands of regiments. He serves as an example of duty
and sacrifice, and by his death demonstrated that even
the lowest-ranked soldier can serve side by side with
the highest, and by his deeds turn the tide of history.
>>
"They came into the open through the screened wooden doors that had
masked them, splintering the wood, shredding the screen mesh,
completely demolishing the structure of the confessional boxes in
their urgency to get out. They were huge, bigger than even their
silhouettes had suggested. But, despite their size, they were moving
with a speed that was quite abnormal. It was the sprint acceleration
you see in some wild animals that reminds you that they are not
constructed like us, that the engines of their skeletons and the
attachments of their muscles are different, and therefore capable of
things that a human body is not ... I did not know what the two things
were. I could not make sense of them. Then I realised that I must
know, for I had seen their forms in countless picture books and data
entries, and I had seen their likenesses on statues and banners, in
stained-glass windows, and graven on the very walls of the basilica
. . . They were of the Adeptus Astartes. They were Space Marines."
- Beta Bequin, Pariah by D Abnett
>>
>>47363202

>Beware the alien. The mutant. The heretic
>>
>>47385768
>>Where are the Eldar going to scrape up the numbers to beat it?
>The Dark City.

A city of a few million, and mostly slaves at that, will hold back the Imperium lose in the webway?

Eldarfags will believe any shit.

>>And the weakest of them did that, need I point out.

>Fulgrim
>weakest

That's your only counter to anon's point that the Phoenix Lords and avatars couldn't stand up to a primarch? That he named one of the mid-tier, not the weakest?
>>
"We're reporting back from a time where stories aren't always true ...
a legend that may well have happened ... a rumour that may or may not
have any truth behind it ... anything with a 40K logo on it is as
official as any Codex ... and at least as crammed full of rumour ...
distorted legend ... and half-truth."
- Marc Gascoigne [mercifully abridged], on how BL canon is all BS
>>
>>47384730
>"No, I built three."
>Lorgar
Care to explain?
>>
"By my faith, may the light of the Emperor spread to the farthest star.
By my duty, the galaxy will belong to the righteous.
By my action, the Imperial Navy shall be honored and remembered upon Holy Terra.
FOR THE EMPEROR OF MANKIND AND FOR THE BATTLEFLEET GOTHIC!"
-Last words of Abridal, Captain of the Flame of Purity.
>>
"Like humanity, you are at your strongest when you are tested to your
limitations. Did not the Horus Heresy purge the untold billions that
were disloyal to the Emperor? Did not the Age of Apostasy herald the
coming of Sebastian Thor and the much needed reformation of our
Ecclesiarchy? Did not the insurmountable odds stacked against truly
great men like Macharius forge legends that give hope to generations
in dark times past, present and future?"
- Canoness Diamanta Santhorax, Redemption Corps
>>
"In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium there is no time
for peace. No respite, no forgiveness. There is only war."
- Dragon Magazine 147.
>>
File: LG on canon.png (74 KB, 945x557) Image search: [Google]
LG on canon.png
74 KB, 945x557
>>47386286
>on how BL canon is all BS

He is speaking about EVERYTHING 40K and not just BL. His time has went and gone, and we got a clarification on how canon works.

The whole rumour and legends business is an excuse for the GW to change the setting at will and at leisure. It's not up for the fanbase. They don't get to decide what is officially canon and what's not.
>>
File: on canon.png (50 KB, 801x540) Image search: [Google]
on canon.png
50 KB, 801x540
>>47386389
Based LG laying the hammer on Whineseerfags.
>>
File: 011.jpg (874 KB, 1135x1575) Image search: [Google]
011.jpg
874 KB, 1135x1575
>>47386321
>Regeneration comes from decay, just as hope springs from despair. The greatest inspiration comes in the darkest moments; in times of crisis, mortals are truly tested and driven to excel.
>>
File: The Dark Master.png (1 MB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
The Dark Master.png
1 MB, 600x800
"Something won with lies is worthless. I will give you truth"

-Be'lakor the Truthbringer aka the most trustworthy being in the galaxy
>>
>>47363202
"The uniforms of the Imperial Guard are camouflaged in order to protect their wearers by hiding them from sight. The principle is that what the enemy cannot see he cannot kill.

This is not the way of the Adeptus Astartes. A Space Marine’s armour is bright with heraldry that proclaims his devotion to his Chapter and the beloved Emperor of Mankind. Our principle is that what the enemy can see, he will soon learn to fear…"
--Chaplain Aston,
Fire Hawks 10th Company
>>
>>47367660
Not quite the correct quote, anon, but I loved that part.
>>
File: Vulkan_sketch.jpg (846 KB, 1106x980) Image search: [Google]
Vulkan_sketch.jpg
846 KB, 1106x980
>>47363202
"But you forgot one thing, Konrad.
It's also a a hammer."
--Vulkan
>>
>>47385834
>A mind without purpose will wander in dark places
Actually a pretty good quote. Good job Imperium for having exactly one piece of wisdom we can use today.
>>
>>47387129
Seriously. Fuck sneaky marines of any flavor. How is a marine going to sneak around when he can't even fit in most human sized doors or hallways in his armor.
>>
File: 1450233921360.jpg (320 KB, 1024x1463) Image search: [Google]
1450233921360.jpg
320 KB, 1024x1463
>>47385410
The Big E allied with the planet that ENSLAVED Angron. The people who were so rich and decadent, they liked to watch other people *cut each other to pieces* as a form of casual entertainment. Fuck, Angron even talks about how the High Riders bring their fucking children to watch the slaves murder each other.
That's not petty butthurt buddy. That's an awful, horrible system perpetuated by awful people, that the Emps didn't do shit about.
Think about it. He'll burn a society down for refusing to join him, or for believing in a God too much or for allying with aliens, but he runs into the fucking human version of Dark Eldar, and decides he can work with that?
He was a MASSIVE hypocrite, pragmatic to the ends of reason, and it bit him in the arse in the end.
>>47385441
Blood for the blood god, brother.
>>
>>47387303
>Hulk Hogan here telling you to kill some corpse worshippers and praise Khorne brothers!!!!
>>
>>47386289
Talking about big fuck-huge battleships. For awhile the first one was the only one known, when the second showed up after the first was destroyed someone exclaimed to Lorgar 'you built two of them', to which Lorgar replied 'No, I built three' right before the third one began to exit the warp along side the second one.
>>
>>47386289
>>47387703
>>47384730
Lorgar was talking to Magnus while the Word Bearers and World Eaters were assaulting a planet in Ultramar. Here is the full quote from Betrayer;

"That', Lorgar smiled, 'is the Blessed Lady.'
Magnus released an unnecessary breath, watching as a ship too vast to exist left the wound in the material universe. It easily eclipsed even the Gloriana-class flagships of the combined Legion fleet, and the warp's cloudy tendrils lashed at its spires, shrieking into the silence, seemingly reluctant to let the vessel back into reality.
'You built two', the sorcerer breathed.
'Oh no', Lorgar didn't even open his eyes. He raised a hand to point into the void, where a second warp-slice ripped across the stars.

'I built three."
>>
>>47387899
As a side note, Aaron Dembski-Bowden makes my dick rock hard
>>
"I was there, the day Horus slew the Emperor."
-Garviel Loken
>>
>>47384851
Personally I prefer Chaplain.
>>
>>47388429
>I was there the day Marneus Calgar ascended to daemon prince
> - Gork
>>
>>47388812
>Naw, dat were me, stupit.
>-Mork
>>
>>47385745

>Phoenix Lords? Top kek.

Remember when Asurmen was betrayed by half of all his generals due to incompetent leadership and mistrust? Oh wait, different guy.
>>
>>47384733

How would the Navigators send this order? They are not astropaths. Interstellar communication is under the control of the Adeptus Astra Telepathica.
>>
File: 1462463727938.jpg (528 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
1462463727938.jpg
528 KB, 1280x1024
"WRONG YA GIT! Da greatest warmachine is DA ORK WAAGH! we don need no fancy komtration ta be strong... WE IZ STRONG!!! listen to em, scream'an with one voice across da whole planet! WWWWWAAAAAAGGGGGHHHH!!!!!"
>>
>>47385648

Yeah IIRC it's from one of the short story collections, the one where they're all chilling on Ulanor.
>>
>>47387303
>He was pragmatic to the ends of reason, and it bit him in the arse in the end.
Do we have different definitions of pragmatic, anon? His actions usually were incredibly pragmatic, but when he saw Angron he decided to go with the objectively worse option. As that other anon pointed out, the planet was worthless while his demigod son is incredibly valuable.
>>
Remember that it is the duty of the mighty Adeptus Astartes Chapters and the glorious Imperial Guard to wage the Emperor's wars and the duty of the fearless Imperial Navy to guard the Emperor's spaceways, but it is to his loyal servants the Adeptus Arbites that His Divine Majesty in His infinite wisdom entrusts the most sacred duty of all - Keeping in check the lawless heretic rabble that passes itself off as the Emperor's worthy subjects.
- Familiar old precinct-house joke
>>
>>47386389
>fans don't get to decide

Your pic includes the quote by ADB saying GWIP guru Merritt told him that there is no canon. This clearly means that we are free to believe what we wish. Then along comes Mr. Girlsname claiming that Merritt's simple concept was somehow "misunderstood." He's full of shit, and you're full of shit.

"BL gives zero fucks" has been their mission statement for too long for this new "Laurie" faggot to backpedal it by calling its customers "special princesses" for embracing the best thing to accidentally come out of BL since its inception.
>>
>>47363544
>>47364352
Angron straightup reks Lemon Rust and Rowboat Girlyman with the truth.
>>
>>47367515
Wrong.
They went into hybernation because they fucked the immaterium up by killing untold trillions of warp-sensitive beings and releasing the Enslavers which then began to fuck up the materium (though the new lore might fuck with that).
Read literally anything on the war in heaven, the Old Ones and their creations got bootyrekt, regardless of edition.
>>
>>47383746
>GREEN IS BEST
>>
>>47387181
Is that an actual quote?
>>
>>47391470
>Objectively valuable planet with developed culture and technology that was accepting of the Imperial Truth and the Emperors authority
vs
>a handful of raving possibly chaos corrupted gladiators who couldn't win a war even with one of the Super human Primarchs leading them

The Emperor got everything he wanted out of that world. A Primarch and a subservient planet. His only problem was that Angron randomly decided that each and every one of the people he was fighting with were some sort of irreplaceable friends that did no wrong. Even though they were all slaves with butcher's nails in their skulls.
>>
"[GW] decided to recreate the 10 commandments and at the same time
create the 10 doctrines of a hobby center and the 10 values of a
manager. This was a big thing and they brought every manager from the
UK up to Nottingham ... they wanted to take all their ideas and
experiences and use them to create these new rules that would solve
Retail's constant decline in growth (until last year, I believe UK
retail hadn't hit financial growth in 10ish years). They were split up
into groups, wrote [store rules and principles of conduct] onto sticky
notes and then they were put up onto a wall. These yellow notes were
then grouped and sorted and the managers were told that they had
successfully completed the rules that would change GW stores forever.

What they didn't realise is that they had signed away their careers."
- Unauthorised Biography of a GW Store Manager
>>
>>47387303
>the Emps didn't do shit about.
Why would he do shit about a planet that can turn out strong fighters at a decent pace?

Why should he acquiesce to the guy who fucking failed to conquer it in the first place?
>>
File: IMG_20160523_015729.jpg (1 MB, 4160x2340) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160523_015729.jpg
1 MB, 4160x2340
I think this captures 40k completely.
>>
>>47385648
it absolutely is, from one of the omnibus about HH
>>
File: 1459899848269.jpg (240 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
1459899848269.jpg
240 KB, 500x750
>>47394284
there's a few you could pick
>>
>>47394294
Jaghatai is pretty much the most based of all primarchs. I'll admit he was lucky enough to be handled only by competent authors, but still, even FW does him well, with him being the only one saying about Angron "well fuck guys, don't criticise, none of you cunts had a life as shit as his, and never will."
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 58

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.