[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Warhammer 40k General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 45
File: Best General2.png (1 MB, 1014x761) Image search: [Google]
Best General2.png
1 MB, 1014x761
>Rules databases
https://mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
https://kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>FAQs
http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V7.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>White Dwarves
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD

>Novels (Working link as of 02/02/2016)
https://mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q
>>
>>47359664
Forgot the Edition Edition...
>>
>>47359679
Shamefur dispray
>>
>>47359664
>chicken
>no edition
This thread is shit, someone make a new one.
>>
>Posted just after a new thread got created.

So how do I deal with a friend who only builds cheese or WAAC lists, then complains when he loses to anything slightly competetive, regardless of if it is a close game or not? Last I saw, he brought like 9 riptides against an IG player who got a shit ton of plasma and melta and got his ass handed to him.

I swear to god he scooped on turn 3 and whined that plasma is OP because it bypasses his armour.

>>47359719
He's neither, but talking to him about it seems to have the opposite reaction, he's new to the game and a bit autistic, but I can't get through to him that losing is half the fun sometimes.

The 9 riptide spam came after a turn 7 victory with my Crons tipped him over the edge. He wanted to scoop on turn 4 while he was ahead and I only won because of an incredibly lucky d3 VP roll.
>>
>>47359828
Then you have already tried. You can't force him to play a certain way and you already talked to him. Don't play him till he sorts his shit out.

>>47359794
>WAAH! WAAH THE OP ISN'T EXACTLY HOW I WANT IT.
Stop ruining threads with your nonsense.
>>
>>47359756
It was Kill Points and I did mention he also builds cheese lists. Like melee Tau.
That didn't end well either.
>>
I want to set up a solo game so I can take a turn while breaking from painting, but I only have one army

And of course I can't paint my army and play it at the same time
>>
>>47359869
I am seriously considering it, but I'm a bit starved for opponents myself at the moment.
>>
File: five the emperor.jpg (200 KB, 572x1500) Image search: [Google]
five the emperor.jpg
200 KB, 572x1500
I just want something that tells us about the mundane things going on with regular citizens, fashion, trends, hobbies, shit like that.
>>
>>47359878
Play kill team with the models you've finished. That shouldn't take very many.
>>
>>47359871
>Melee Tau
That's not cheese, that's just garbage. When will the "onagermander is good" meme end?
>>
>>47359828
Stop playing with him. Others will also stop playing with him. He'll grow up, or stay a faggot. Either way its not your problem.

Anyone fielding 9 Riptides is a gigantic douchebag anyways. Steer clear of him.
>>
>>47359930
>onagermander
What?
>>
>>47359900
Doesn't mean you should tolerate his behavior. We had a kid (maybe 16) that used to bring a three Knight army at 1500 and after he lost five out of five games he threw a tantrum in the middle of the store. Everyone told him to grow up and that he can't expect games to be won right away but he wouldn't hear it. He dropped by a few more times for pickup games when 40k was going on and everyone said nah. Eventually he sold off his knights and got an IG army and has thus grown up and become a much better player.
>>
>>47359939
>>47360018
There are so many more fun things to be competitive about. Having played sports all my life, I'll never understand competitive 40k.
>>
>>47360063
Its not competitive when one guy has a shit ton of advantages over another guy.

Dont try pointing that out to waac tards though.
>>
File: 1457663336790.png (2 MB, 1134x786) Image search: [Google]
1457663336790.png
2 MB, 1134x786
>>47356298

>>47359614
Oh, fun. Playing with the points like you suggest, it actually comes out to a nice 995. I like the attack bike attack squad and the all heavy bolter overwatch speeder team, but unfortunately I think that's one more land speeder than I own.

...maybe, I'll have to dig around.

I plan on getting more black knights to fill out the command squad regardless as they're definitely the most effective unit on the field.

I know I should be into grav, but I just feel cheesy about it. I prefer melta and plasma (though plasma is just priced poorly to regular ravenwing compared to black knights).

In escalating to 1500 and then 2000 with my space wolf bro for games, I'm thinking of adding in my Nephilim jet and and my full twelve regular bikers, then my knight errant and sammael.

It's either that or go halvsies and fill in with a minimal deathwing strikeforce of interro-chap, asscan terminators, and deathwing knights.
>>
If I tried to run this 1500 point Imperial Navy cheese list, would anybody play against it?

Sisters of Battle Combined Arms Detachment
- Canoness, Storm Bolter: 60 pts
- Battle Sister Squad: 60 pts
- 2x Battle Sister Squad, Heavy Flamer + Combi-Plasma: 140 pts
- Retributor Squad, Heavy Bolters: 100 pts
- Imperial Bunker, Comms Relay: 75 pts

Imperial Navy Heavy Bomber Wing
2x Marauder Destroyer, Armored Cockpit + Hellstrike Missiles: 1040 pts
>>
>>47359918
I guess that's a thought. The models I've finished versus the models that are built but not yet ready for painting, while I paint the models that are already primed.
>>
>>47360273
Not only would I play against it, I would fucking wreck it with my flyer-heavy army.
Now if only I had a flyer-heavy army.
>>
>>47360192
>Nephilim jet
Will force the entire Ravenwing Strike Force into reserves. I don't even bring more than 6 regular bikers until ~3000. Black Knights do it better. See that plasma on your Deathwing, Black Knights do it better. That is the name of the game. Perhaps order the plasma talon bits and put that on the regular bikes.

Sweet sweet Corvus Hammer, Battle-Brother.

Sammael is good in that he garuntees my favorite warlord trait but I ahve found him lack luster (except in the model department in which he takes the case). You are going to want an Interro Chap on a bike, they are fantastic giving zealot to your command squad can be huge and with a Mace of Redemption he swings a big dick.

I also like the Techmarine on bike with servo harness at lower points opposed to a librarian. It provides a bit more ap2 and can pack a good punch in the assault.

I have 24 Black Knights total.
>>
Are codex space marine armies with Terminators shit?
>>
>>47360445
In any sort of competitive setting, no. Casually they are "alright"
>>
>Carnifex - 110 pts
>WS3/BS2/S9/T6/W4/I2/A4/Ld7/3+
>No +1 attacks from CC weapons
>Scything Talons work like in 5th edition
>d3 HoW
>BS3 is and upgrade of 10 pts/model
I had nothing better to do...
>>
>>47359991
How else does one build a melee Tau army?
>>
File: Modern_legionary1.jpg (35 KB, 400x640) Image search: [Google]
Modern_legionary1.jpg
35 KB, 400x640
>>47354952
uhm that could work, gotta see if i can find some cheap minis, see if they look good and most important if they fit nicely with cadian legs/torsos/arms
>>
>>47360551
Ok, let me rephrase.
Who?
>>
>>47359794
Did you miss what happened to the last guy who started bitching about the OP?
Just learn to deal with it, and if it truly bothers you a whole bunch, make the next general
>>
>>47360567
Commander with an Onager Gauntlet

>>47360551
Not an Onagermander. Get Farsight, Brightsword, and another Commander with Fusion Blades. They can each lead a team of naked crisis suits into assaults. Include vectored retro thrusters for hit & run along with gun drones for the occasional pinning and extra initiative.

Consider Carbine teams of Fire warriors to thrown Blind grenades as well and force more pinning tests.
>>
File: IMG1558931489.jpg (121 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
IMG1558931489.jpg
121 KB, 960x540
>>47360402
I'd thought they fixed that reserve thing in some faq or errata. Oh well, guess not. I do like the Nephilim purely for the asshole Top Gun hot shot pilot fluff. I know they fixed the biker hq at least. Use the eye of preferred enemy with the command squad? Cause that seems like an obvious choice for me.

Also, that is a lot of black knights.

I cannot lie, I bought Ravenwing because of how Sammael looks almost exclusively.

It's too bad no one else is as efficient as the black knights are, I'd really like to make some more use of the regular bikers. They look nice on the table making the command squad look fancier.

Speaking of which, here's my wip champion for funsies.
>>
Question, what is the original chapter that blood ravens belong to? Or is that still unknown? If yes than what is the best chapter tactics to give them that make sense lore wise?
>>
>>47360770
Unknown, give them some CT that allows them to infiltrate shit or give them counter-attack as thats what their old CT used to do.
>>
>>47360770
Technically unknown. Strongly hinted to be Thousand Sons.

Chapter tactics is pretty debatable. I'd personally say Raven Guard with a Libraries conclave to load up on a bunch of psykers
>>
>>47360553
Look up the Severan Dominate.
>>
>>47360812
They seriously need to give them an official Chapter Tactic that allows them to "borrow" any Relic from any Chapter.
>>
File: Capture.png (490 KB, 478x625) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
490 KB, 478x625
I want to start getting into Tau, but not super cheesy spammy shit Tau. I'd like to go for more of a stealth-oriented army, with a good amount of stealth suits and a ghostkeel or two. Is something like that viable?

Also, what would be a good first purchase for around $120? Should I shoot for grabbing the Start Collecting! Tau box and add something to it?
>>
How's the Knight Warden? I'm assuming it's the Knight that benefits most from BS5 since it isn't a template, but should I use the chainsword or the gauntlet?
>>
>>47360914
start collecting box and optimized stealth cadre box
>>
>>47360914
You'd gain a lot ofboard presence with the infiltration for sure and get a very strong start depending on the mission, but the lack of heavy hitters is going to hurt late game if you don't bring them.

Ariptide or three for the squad bonus is fine, no-one is gonna call you a WAAC fag for that. Unless you're against the weaker armies, but then they didn't stand much of a chance regardless, Riptides or not.
>>
>>47360914
I play a Tau army like that. Lots of infantry and stealth suits with pathfinder and sniper support. I have one ghostkeel, but I only use it when I really need the big guns.

It works pretty well. Your units are a bit closer range and more vulnerable to charges so good positioning and mobility is important.

The start collecting box along with a Stealth suit box would be a solid start of an army. Be sure to assemble some of the drones you get as marker drones as well.
>>
>>47360402
>Will force the entire Ravenwing Strike Force into reserves.
Pretty sure the caveat is that everything must either be deployed in reserve or "as standard", which is in reserve for the jet and on the table for everyone else. To my understanding that wouldn't force everyone else in reserve.
>>
>>47360914

Don't take a Riptide or Optimized Stealth cadre like >>47360958 or >>47360984 suggest unless you're building a tournent level list. You'll be just fine without that cheese.
>>
>>47360928
never take the gauntlet. its never worth it
>>
>Play a Kill Points game with friend
>He is clearly winning around Turn 5
>We decide to play the turn out
>Enough lucky rolls turn it around and I win with the advantage

Fucking overwatch killed most of his army. Never seen that shit happen before, never will again.
>>
>>47360928
The Gauntlet is Colossal so you'd be fighting at I1 and the throw is a fancy gimmick at best (but realy funny, cool and kinda fluffy even) If you want an effective weapon, go for the D-Sword
>>
>>47361015
Is it me or are there a shit ton of anons starting Tau armies? Tau seem to be the most discussed army in /40kg/ since their codex + supplement came out.

Is /tg/ full of tiny-dicks?
>>
>>47360445
They're shit. Worthless in competative. Better to take two tacticals than a single Termy.

Blood Angels are more usable due to +1S on the charge, unfortunately it won't get them to S10, thus making them not amazing. However you can put a Sanguinary Priest in with them for FnP, so slightly better. However, you're better off taking tooled out DC than Termies.

Dark Angels are OK.
>>
>>47361022
Fuck off. The guantlet is the most badass weapon a Knight can take. Even better that its not 'optimal', and triggers waac faggots.
>>
>>47361048
>Is it me or are there a shit ton of anons starting Tau armies?
just you
>Tau seem to be the most discussed army in /40kg/ since their codex + supplement came out.
whiners love to whine and tau players love to boast about their shit and build their shitty lists
>Is /tg/ full of tiny-dicks?
of course. fat people tend to have smaller dicks because their fat.
>>
>>47361048
Why do you care?

Have a (You), shitposter-kun.
>>
>>47360445
I love my terminators because my meta has a lot Tyranid players and I love to watch a mostly Terminator army wade through a sea of xenos.

But they're not that great outside of casual settings.
>>
>>47361015
Is the Optimized Stealth Cadre seen as OP? I'll be honest, it was something I was looking at making, just because the fluff behind it seemed pretty cool.
>>
>>47361107
no, its not
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (28 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
28 KB, 480x360
>Already have 5 wraithlords

I only like wraith units and wraithguard are such a pain in the ass to put together

I just want a Wraithlord hq that makes wraihlords troop choices. Also wraithlords coming in squads of up to 3
>>
>>47360928
Take a Renegade Knight with two Gatling Cannons instead.
>>
Here's the the basic outline of my list.

CCS, likely with Straken, in a chimera.

50 man blob, with flamers, autocannons and melta bombs, likely a priest or two, a grenade strapped xeno inquisitor, a primaris psyker, Azrael and Harath, because that's a lot of bullshit.

PCS with either flamers or meltas, probably flamers because BS 3.

Vets with either flamers or meltas, probably meltas because BS 4.

2x 5 scouts hanging back with cloaks to sit on objectives and make Harath and Azrael available.

The giant blob unit is probably retarded because it'll be a lot of points, but I wanna try it out and see what kind of clusterfuck it's gonna be at least once. Local meta fluctuates between hard cheese, retardation and fluff. Now I'm just gearing my list around this. My question is, how do I build Straken's CCS? Full meltas, to jump out and meltas/plasma/flamers to quickly fuck vehicles/TEQs/enemy blobs, or capitalize on relentless to give his unit an autocannon and a plasma/sniper and keep him in the chimera where I want him to grant counter assault and furious charge and give orders to the blob?

He probably won't be necessary, but just imagine a blob of guardsmen charging monstrous creatures with hammerhand+furious charge and rad grenades. They'll he wrecking T6 monstrous creatures on 4+, possibly rerollable 4+. Against anything that doesn't fuck with FNP, they'll get 4++, possibly rerollable, and 4+ FNP.
>>
>>47361089
Taufag detected. Already on the defensive too.

[spoilers]its because in their hearts they know they are waac faggots. the super-sensitive and defensive postures are a reaction to the buried self-loathing[/spoiler]
>>
File: WIPRW6.png (1 MB, 1116x793) Image search: [Google]
WIPRW6.png
1 MB, 1116x793
>>47360761
They fixed it in that you can't interpret it the fun way anymore from what I remember. I like my Dark Talons just for the luls. In a 5000pt game I brought three of them in a second Ravenwing Strike Force with my deathstar in it and auto arrive them turn 2. Good stuff.

The best way to use the bikers if you plan on bringing a lot are in the attack squadrons. Melta Bikers and Melta Landspeeders or Grav bikers and Typhoon Missile Launcher Landspeeders.

Your paint job looks clean, the white looks a bit thick but I know that feel. I made a successor chapter, the traditional colours are cool and you are certainly better than I.

Sorry to people who may get triggered by my old wip pic.
>>
>>47361048
Tau are an army just like any other one. They aren't even the top army out there, SMs and Eldar are (and boy I tell you, there are a lot more SMs then Tau players). So calm yo tits and try to enjoy life instead of being a salty bastard.
>>
>>47361139
>he can't even do spoilers correctly

Also, I'm not a Taufag. I play Chaos Space Marines
>>
>>47361107
Ghostkeels are cheese, Ghostkeels shooting rear armor from the front is double cheese.
>>
>>47361119
Lol nigger please. The OSC rules arent the most powerful in the game, buy they are absolute horseshit, and any grown man should be ashamed to play that formation.
>>
>>47360445
Iron hands terminators
Through fist of medusa strike force
Take 1st company task force, all terminators
Attach an IC to each squad
Free 5+ FNP

>You'll never crush heretics another way ever again
>>
>>47361107
By some people. Shooting the back of vehicles really eliminates a lot of need for positioning and makes them more braindead.
>>
>>47360330
Ok the forces:

Imperium:
>Unbound
Ordo Hereticus Inquisitor, Psyker Upgrade
7 man Tactical Squad, plasma gun
7 man Tactical Squad, plasma gun

Chaos:
>Unbound
Chaos Lord (no upgrades)
Chaos Terminators, combimelta for champ, 1 lightning claw, 1 power fist
Cultists, shotgun, flamer
Cultists, 9 autoguns

the two forces should be about equal on points

I will set up the terrain and roll for the mission, then maybe post a picture of the table idk
>>
>>47361161
It was a typo. Way to be a typical Taufaggot though.
>>
>>47361176
There's much better ways to use that detachment.
>>
>>47361174
The formation is fine fagainst me because i don't use vehicles. Bahahahaha. Loser.
>>
>>47361161
You're a liar anon. No CSM player would use the term 'shitposter-kun'. You are balls deep in Taufaggotry, and theres no hiding it.
>>
>>47361176
>Iron hands
>terminators
Beep boop does not compute.
>>
>>47361222
And really, its all about you isnt it.
>>
>>47361225
It's a conspiracy by Taufags to try and make all Chaos players look likewhiny fags, i mean we are with the shitty Codex and all, but at least we don't defend this kind of shit!
>>
>>47361145
how are Eldar >Tau?

The Riptide & Crsis Battlesuits make Tau immediate toptier.
>>
>>47361048
The tau box is technically the most cost efficient box and the tau themselves are the weaboo army of choice.

>>47359136
That's beautiful.

>>47359152
>You're somewhat overestimating the usefulness of Gauss. On average, you might get one or two glances in a volley.
As someone who used a lot of killing blow and poison in fantasy and mortal wound stuff in AOS I'm pretty much addicted to auto wound stuff.
>>
>>47361140
>They fixed it in that you can't interpret it the fun way anymore
Double checked and I was wrong, my group ruled it the other way as it seemed a bit strong otherwise. Usually I just deploy them in a Silence Squadron.
>>
>>47360812
>>47360798
Sounds good. I was debating giving them IF or ultra tactics
>>
>>47361278
>auto-wound.

Anon, I think you might also like the Skitarii Vanguard's Radiation guns.

Double wounds on 6's.
>>
File: large[1].png (171 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
large[1].png
171 KB, 500x281
>>47361270
Do you even play B-Baka??!

Seriously though, Eldar are better in nearly every way. Wraithknights are sturdier and have better fire power than Tau, Wraithguard get the D and can be spammed, Warp Spiders spam Str 7 and fill up the whole battlefield, and then there is scatbikes.

Tau are tied with Necrons for place 3/4, Eldar are straight up Tier 1. I have seen Eldar table top Tau armies before, they are that much better.
>>
>>47361270
Scatbikes, Wraith knights, the D.
>>
>>47361301
Ultras would work pretty well. Its basically the codex tactics, and is even the reward for their big formation.
>>
>>47361213
Anon wanted termies that didn't suck
So termies with free FNP works in that regard

>>47361244
>Infinite techmarines
>Scions of mars
>At least 10k years of time
Nah, not only do they have their stockpiles once more, but they give less fucks than they used to.
>>
>>47361253
I don't complain about formations because I'm not a big fat baby.
>>
>>47361145
>and boy I tell you, there are a lot more SMs then Tau players

You mean than.

And the amount of players is irrelevant. The amount of cheeselords is what matter. A vast majority of Tau players are faggots. This isn't a problem with space marines since space marines are numerous specifically because the faglords play them IN ADDITION to all the new players and casuals who play them.

The only way SM is better than Tau is with grav spam and/or the new psychic powers. Even Battle Company without grav isn't anything amazing other than being able to gather more objective points than you.

Necrons also suffer this problem since with or without Decurion they have ridiculously strong units and rules.

Naturally faggoty armies: Eldar, Tau, Necrons, Imperial Knights
Faggoty armies that require purposeful faggotry: Space Marines, Daemons
>>
>>47361270
The problem with Tau is this:

They utterly stomp casual metas, which is where the vast majority of Tau players reside. The Tau players themselves tend to be the type that justifies, or is in denial of his poor sportsmanship (waac).

The top competitive list are superior to the top Tau lists though. So Tau arent heavyweights in the tourney scene. They are content to just shit all over friendly metas, fueling the evergrowing distaste for Tau among communities around the world.
>>
>>47361411
Any space marine army that takes grav is cheese. Conclave is cheese too as well as bikes and centurions, oh and of course their flyers too. Skyhammer and any formations as well. Also if they take a knight it's also cheese. Sounds good to me.
>>
>>47361411
Necrons outside of Decurion are mid-tier quite honestly, on the higher end for sure, but a CAD + a formation or two can't stand against Tau, Eldar or new Marines.
>>
>>47361411
>The only way SM is better than Tau is with grav spam and/or the new psychic powers
what nigger? doesnt grav wound on your opponents armour save? that makes it completely mediocre against alien factions, and excellent against other marines.

if you wanna purge the aliens you need to learn the way of the heavy flamer, and in the case of tau you just need one thing.

Ironclad Dreadnought
>>
>>47361457
>butthurt Tau fag exaggerating and bullshitting to make himself feel better

At least accept the fact that youre a bitch anon. You'll get a semblence of respect that way. Pretending you arent bringing a ton of advantages (vs most armies) to the table just makes people hate you. Embrace and admit what you are.
>>
>>47361506
Lies. Gravcannons are superior to all heavy weapons against all targets, with the exception of Heavy Bolters against 6+ or worse armor, and even then its very close.

Grav murders everything.
>>
>>47361506
>Grav doesnt own Tau MC's
>use AV to beat Tau

Holy shit man, the depths of Taufag stupidity. Astonishing.
>>
Hey, can I get some feedback on a list? It's Tyrant's Legion, so it's probably not that great, but it's just for a quick casual game.

HQ
>Carnac Commodus - 105 pts
>4x Auxilia Bodyguards and Tribune w/ carapace armour, krak grenades and heavy weapon team - 110 pts

ELITES
>10x Retaliators w/ Rhino, meltagun and power maul - 240 pts

TROOPS
>10x Auxilia Armsmen w/ Chimera, meltagun, krak grenades and a meltabomb - 155 pts
>30x Legion Auxilia w/ x3 flamers - 115 pts
>15x Legion Space Marines w/ 2x heavy bolters

HEAVY SUPPORT
>Contemptor Dreadnought w/ Extra Armour, Heavy Flamer and Kheres Assault Cannon - 210 pts
>2x Rapier Laser Destroyers w/ Prefect - 75 pts
>2x Basilisks - 250 pts

I was thinking of getting rid of the rapiers and some other gear and go for some dedicated heavy armour instead, as this list is mostly infantry with only a few transports. Or maybe just go "fuck it" and spent it on more auxilia for maximum pink tide.
>>
>>47361510
Don't play tau. I just like pissing off imperial players. Fact is, Space Marines are top with Eldar now. You either put up or you shut up. No excuses for your whining fatty. Either play hard or don't play those people. No point in your childish whining. You might want to get some exercise to make you feel better.
>>
File: pre_deployment.jpg (204 KB, 816x612) Image search: [Google]
pre_deployment.jpg
204 KB, 816x612
>>47361187
random roll has determined the mission to be Eternal War: The Relic with Dawn of War deployment zones.

The inquisition won the roll for deployment zones and has chosen the east side for their deployment, thinking the minefield will limit the angles at which the cultists can approach the objective.

To spite the Inquisition, the Chaos force opted for the night fighting rule. He only rolled a 1 though, so the night fighting rules will not be used.
>>
>Everyone is bitching about Tau but 2/3 of the Tau players at the shop won't face my Ravenwing anymore

I am realizing more and more that my shop has a bit of a competitive meta.
>>
Lascannon is S9, Marine is BS4, so a lascannon needs a 5 to hit, right? Why even take lascannons then?
>>
>>47361022
>>47361073
>>47361031
Thanks guys, since I'm allying to Imperial Fists, I feel obligated to take fists whenever possible.
>>
>>47361619
Read the rulebook properly.
>>
>>47361551
grav cannons sure, but the lack of range is pretty lame.

>>47361556
a lot of my tactics around beating tau involves faith in the emperor and them having bs 3

you'd be surprised how often this works
>>
>>47361610
Ravenwing is just as bad as Tau waac faggotry, but you won't hear people complain here. Nope. It's all about Marine players whining about tau here.
>>
>>47361619
bs 4 = hit on 3+

str 9 = str 9
>>
>>47361411
I don't hear much about daemon players being fags.
>>
>>47361610
>2/3 of Tau players wont face my Ravenwing anymore

Typical Taugagging.
>if I lose its because the list is op bullshit
>Im taking my 6 Riptides, Stormsurge, Crisis suits, and PF/markerlights and playing the CSM guy from now on
>>
>>47361568
>Don't play tau. I just like pissing off imperial players
But why?
>>
>>47361664
My favorite thing is when they try to claim that tier 2 armies are better than SMs.

Oh those broken Necrons with their pistol range weapons and low str guns!
>>
>>47361568
>fatty

Im 6' 180 lbs.
I dont exercise anymore, but residual from being an 11b1p for 9 years has kept me in shape.
>>
>>47361683
because this shit board is mostly Imperial Players whining about Tau/Eldar 24/7. It's just so common that you don't even notice it. Even ork and chaos players combined don't have this much whiny faggotry.
>>
>>47361707
>only 6'
>being 180
I'm also in the Military. You're starting to get fat anon. May want to stop bitching about shit and start hitting the gym.
>>
>>47361725
And making them whine more is helping because?
>>
>>47361667
Summon Spam and only summon spam.
>>
>>47361753
Because triggering people is hilarious.
>>
>>47361725
>Even ork and chaos players combined don't have this much whiny faggotry.
I gotta admit this is quite true, but its easy for orks not whine because even if they lose they win just for having fought.

sometimes I envy those green bastards
>>
>>47361769
But you're making threads worse by triggering people. How can you tell if it's Imperial players and not Xeno or Chaos players who also hate Tau?
>>
>>47361753
Cause why the fuck not. Either they grow up or they get aneurysms. Not my problem.
>>
>>47361667
My Nurgle Decurion has been bitchslapping Tau. The two Tau regulars wont play me if I show up with it. The one guy said hed play me if we houseruled in that he could overwatch my Nurglings.
>>
>>47361816
>Cause why the fuck not.
Because it's stupid?
>>47361831
You're not bad for a heretic.
>>
>>47361831
Tau has to be code for That Guy
>>
>>47361752
Im 35 brotha, and not even remotely fat by any definition of the word.
>>
>>47361725

>I shitpost and troll on an anonymous imageboard because my life is so devoid of meaning and substance, this is the only way I can feel empowered

Time for some self-reflection anon.
>>
>>47361815
Why would they? Only SM players have so little idea of how the game works that they think Tau are at the top. Every Xeno player I have ever met is far more triggered by drop pod spam wiping removing their useful units on turn 1 then some crappy suits flying around.

Eldar, SM, Necron, KDK, Nurgle Daemons, and Nids all have decent ways to deal with Tau. It is called running scouting unit spam.

Orks and CSM cannot, but they can't deal with anything.
>>
>>47361849
>35 and whining on a Taiwanese dog petting forum about little blue people's formations.
No comment.
>>47361877
pretty triggered guy right here
>>
>>47361831
That is why they hate my Ravenwing, they can't overwatch an assault starting near a Darkshroud.

[soiler]So I have three[/spoiler]
>>
Ya'll need to stop giving the guy (You)'s and start talking 40k.

Tell me about the last game you played. I tried a 1v1v1 against a Nid and Orks with my CSM. The Orks won against all odds because I got sandwiched and my DP was busy with Flyrants. Was a fun game.
>>
Give me the maximum amount of flamers you can take in an IG list at 1,000 points that can also reliably take out armor.
>>
>>47361958
>[soiler
Fuck.
>>
I've got a guy at my FLGS that always runs cheese armies, exploits, and is generally a bitch to play with...

If I ran renegades in The Purge detachment with
Ordnance Tyrant command squad
6x 3 Earthshaker Artillery Carriage Batteries
8x 30 Plague Zombies

Do you think I could troll his Riptide spam or whatever flavor bs he's running now?
>>
>>47361983
>Anything Chaos related against Tau that isn't Daemons
Sorry, no.
>>
File: chaos_deployment.jpg (252 KB, 979x734) Image search: [Google]
chaos_deployment.jpg
252 KB, 979x734
>>47361606
The inquisitor has been playing a lot of Dark Souls, and has chosen the Pyromancy Discipline. A roll of a 1 generates the Fiery Form power. They also gain the Flame Breath power through psychic focus.

The chaos player has chosen to generate the warlord trait for their Chaos Lord from the Chaos Space Marine warlord trait table. They've then rolled a 6, which is a pretty shitty warlord trait (Warlord may re-roll chaos boons). Immediate regret.

The chaos player has chosen to deploy most of their forces to one side. A bold move, but was it a wise one? The lord is leading the melee cultists, while the terminators are preparing for a daring deep strike.

The inquisition player will choose their warlord trait and deploy after I return from the grocery store.
>>
>>47361973
2v2 Necrons versus Ad Mech/Skitarii and Blood Angels. Fairly competitive game at first, but quickly went in our favor (Necrons) and never looked back. High point was hilariously assaulting and wrecking a Furioso Dreadnought behind a wall (despite the latest errata) with Wraiths because they treat all terrain as open ground.
>>
>>47361973
>last game you played

My Necrons got wrecked by Sisters of Battle with a Forgeworld Knight. It was my first time bringing them at 2000 points and I brought an Infantry Heavy Reclamation Legion (40 warriors, 10 immortals) and an Orikan Star using the Royal Court)

It wasn't even close. I dont have any good auxiliaries.
>>
>>47361983
that'd be sweet if the plague zombies were like re-animated death korps
>>
>>47362025
What about the R&H formation that gives you points for killing your own models and brings them back on a 2+?
>>
>>47361973
I try playing 1v1v1 with my tau and eldar buddies but its just a pain in the ass every time, you can't beat either of their armies unless you commit everything, and no one likes to do that in a 1v1v1. basically they sit in corners, I split for army to attack them both, and get wiped by around turn 4.
>>
Remember when we were scared witless about what Death from the Skies was gonna do with our flyers? How does everyone feel about it now, now that it's been released?
>>
>>47362079
If you think you can hold out against the Tau without getting tabled while helping with the killing... Maybe.
>>
File: 1461114255585.jpg (79 KB, 579x508) Image search: [Google]
1461114255585.jpg
79 KB, 579x508
>>47362065
>losing to girls

I've actually never once played against them in 15 years of warhammer.
>>
>>47362092
Randomizing the turn order seems to help a bit, like in Fantasy
>>
So how is admech now. I am excite for ia14 and using 30k automata, but no transports costs me dearly as all my regular opponents pie plate the shit out of me. Is there any hope on the horizon?
>>
>>47361752
>>only 6'
>>being 180
>>Hit the gym
That doesn't even make sense. Are you implying that you're over 6' and under 180 lbs? If so, you're a scrawny little shit and you should hit the gym.
>>
>>47362094
Used it three times and now never again.

Dogfighting phase wasted too much time.

The first time I agreed I only had one fliers and he just fucked up my shit.
>>
>>47362094
>hey guys, I've got a great new supplement for you
>okay, so, what if your fliers...could get shot down before they even hit the table!
>awesome right?
>all you need is a second table, a couple rounds of rock paper scissors, and blammo!
>don't worry, this is exactly as big a waste of time as it sounds like
>oh, it also updates all of the fliers, so go buy your copy today, goy!
>>
>>47362101
Considering you can take something like 800 models in 1500 points, it would be pretty hard to get tabled in one turn. Then they all come back next turn.
>>
>>47362130
Just stop man. You are thirty-five and whining like a 16 year old girl. Makes me sad that people like this served in the army.
>>
>>47362101
If you're not playing killpoints it gets extremely viable when you get the warlord trait that gives you VPs on a 5+ if a unit dies.
>>
>>47362128
If my opponent was too stupid to spread out to avoid pie plates with his almost entirely scouting army, I'd probably use pie-plates too.
>>
>>47361973
I brought my Deathwing against a Blood Angel who was using some House Rules. It was pretty fun. Ended up winning but my Command Squad with Eziekel was tied up with the Sanginor from turn 2 to 4 along with some Sanguinary Guard.
He won because he played the mission (eternal war Relic)
>>
Would it be okay to convert a Vindicator using a Predator turret in order to get the cannon looking more like a normal tank?

Obviously still using it as front mounted rather than a turret mount.
>>
>>47362184
I'm not even him, I'm just trying to figure out what you think a 6 foot tall man in good physical condition should weigh.
>>
>>47362260
But, the Vindicator is supposed to emulate the Sturmtiger and it's XBOXHUEG 38cm Kanon!
>>
>>47361983
How about you just don't play with the faggot?
WAAC players can't WAAC if they don't get games.
>>
>>47362271
Haha. He's obviously isn't 6' 180. You think I give a shit? I know the guy is fat and probably wasn't in the army, so I'm still going to call him fat. He might be 35 though, which is still sad.
>>
File: 1460822868833.gif (3 MB, 423x231) Image search: [Google]
1460822868833.gif
3 MB, 423x231
>>47361831
gonna need some pictures of this because it sounds better every time i hear it
>>
>>47362119
The current list is pretty decent, basically a hard counter to anyone reliant on tanks or 2+ saves. Mid-tier infantry and melee lists still hurt though, and they don't have much they can do against cheesy Eldar / Tau.
>>
>>47362271
Stop replying to him.
He's already said he's just here to cause trouble.
And honestly, you shouldn't be trying to figure that out by asking a shitposter on a Mongolian throat singing forum. Ask a doctor, or physical trainer or someone who actually knows their stuff, not someone who just claims to.
>>
>>47362296
Maybe, but I'm disappointed in the Marine's lack of solid shot tank turret and thought that could be a good middle ground.
>>
>>47362301
>I know the guy is fat and probably wasn't in the army
In opposition to you, who has yet to prove you were/are in the army?
You guys are both equally as liable to be liars.
>>
>>47362324
says the thirty-five year old tubby whining about blue people formations all day long. Just admit your a child and a failure at life bro. No hard feelings. Actually don't even bother replying. Not worth it.
>>
Is there anyway to play my Suit Heavy Tau without being a dick? I've shifted me gameplay to be almost entirely deepstrike and only use guns that are less than 24 inch range and don't use any markerlights. I even switched my Riptides to use the Heavy Burst Cannon. I was thinking about getting breachers, but now that Devilfish jinking makes them snapfire, I don't see how they could possibly ever make back their points or be worth it over normal firewarriors which are boring as hell.
>>
W A R H A M E R 4 0 0 0

A

R

H

A

M

M

E

R

Get on topic you fags.
>>
>>47362353
I'm not that guy. I'm a 27 year old computer programmer, not a 35 year old vet. Do you seriously think only one person is calling you out on your shit?
>>
>>47361225
I do actually have a CSM army, but if you want to think I'm a Taufaggot, I don't care, as Tau are faggots
>>
>>47362355
First step is to go light on the really big suits. You shouldn't have any more than one suit with 4+ wounds per 1000 points.

Second is to take a good variety of crisis suit weapons. Don't just spam double plasma or double melta suits. Mix it up with some flamer or burst cannon ones.

XV-9s from forgeworld along with stealth suits can help add in some more variety. Go for a few Rail broadsides as well.
>>
>>47362355
yeah. you won't find the answers here though. It's complaining about tau for eternity here.
>>
>>47362355
there are no rules in war, defeat only makes the fires of vengeance burn greater. stop playing against pussies and you won't have to worry about being a dick.
>>
Can you play 40k with table top simulator? My friends want to try out some new stuff but would rather not dump money into shit if it turns out we hate it
>>
>>47362408
Yes, i believe so.
It requires a mod though.
>>
>>47362408
yeah you can
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzLP4QaOSiU
>>
>>47362367
>4 0 0 0

You what?
>>
>>47362444
2000 years in the future, there is only ________
>>
>>47362459
>>
>>47362459
Non-Whites.
>>
>>47362389
Generally I do 2 HBC Riptides at 200 points with no upgrades whatsoever. I do run 3 of my crisis teams with plasma, 2 with fusion, and 1 with cyclic ion blasters. I'd run more Cyclic Ion blasters, but they're hard to find and the 3rd party ones I use only show up on Ebay once in a blue moon.

I have been running them in the Dawn Blade Contingent just because with the lack of markerlights and bodies on the board early, but I guess I'll just switch back to CAD. In the past BS3 has really been frustrating on Crisis suits. The formations seemed like a happy medium between markerlights and being expensive guardsmen with special weapons.
>>
>>47362480
Please get the fuck out of here.
>>
>>47362483
That's 2000 points* not 200.
>>
>>47362483
Going back to a CAD would help. I'd recommend getting some more small suit variety as well. You could potentially take marker drones as pairs in your battlesuit squads just so you have them, though less reliable than dedicated squads.
>>
>>47362408
what you could do instead is use papercut outs, pdfs, and stacks of books/bottles/lawn ornaments/misc items for terrain. but if you wanna play a videogame sure, i believe there's a mod for it

>>47362355
more firewarriors, no ethereals, stealthsuits, no formations, final destination. also charge into melee, being nearsighted doesn't slow them down. i wouldn't be afraid to turn it up a notch if need be.
>>
>>47362396
>easy mode army of the year gets complaints
gee, i wonder why
>>
>>47362353
None of those posts you were replying to were me, dumbass. You're a fucking retard though, and Im guessing a pog.
>>
File: dNVvntX[1].gif (133 KB, 311x366) Image search: [Google]
dNVvntX[1].gif
133 KB, 311x366
>>47362484
>>
>>47362355
>Devilfish jinking makes them snapfire
I thought that ruling only affected passengers shooting from fire points.
>>
>>47362572
Damn straight I'm not a grunt.
>>
>>47362554
I'm not going to sit here an argue that Deep Strike Tau is a hard army to play, but its probably around standard Space Marine lists. Both of which aren't as easy as any gunline list.

I also play Dark Eldar and it's quite clear I do less work with Tau.

>>47362599
As far as I understood and based off what I've read from others, jinking at all makes the passengers snapfire next turn, even if they get out. It's real dumb and nerfs skimmer transports pretty hard. Devilfish and Ghost Arks were already pretty expensive but you at least got your jink save. Now I don't see how they could be worth their points. At least Raiders are cheap and can carry melee stuff.
>>
What are people's thoughts on Tabletop Simulator for 40k?
>>
>>47362649
underdeveloped and not that great.
>>
>>47361137
if you intend on charging with that blob I'd consider losing the autocannons -- if you're moving forwards they will be snapfiring anyways.

put their cost into power axes for the sarges -- 4 attacks each on the charge is yummy.
>>
>>47362637
except i wasn't speaking specifically about Deep Striking Tau and neither were you in the post i was responding to so your point is moot.
>>
Why is it so easy for these threads to go off topic, take /pol/bait, regular bait, and argue off topic garbage? How many of you are ADHD and need a bottle of Vivance shoved down your throats?
>>
what are the most cuntish types of players of each faction?
>>
>>47362649
That is the 2d top view thing right?

Missing out on a whole dimension would suck. You are better off playing paper-hammer.
>>
Quick question. I'm putting together a Corsair force and I like the look of Balestrike Bands for DS armor/mc hunting. I looking most seriously at dark lances and shuriken cannons. If I have a five man squad, 5 dark lance shots vs 15 shuriken shots perform about the same vs armor 12. I know I'm simplifying because lance performs better vs anything above 12 (though I will almost always be deepstriking to point at squishy bits) and has ap2, and the shuriken shots perform better against infantry in a pinch and have bladestorm. Also the cannons are slightly cheaper. Which one do you think is going to be the better choice overall? I'm leaning toward versitility in my meta...but is not having lance and ap2 always going to bum me out?
>>
>>47362484
Rude.
>>
>>47362669
Mentioning Tau triggers people. Look.

Tau are a great and fun army and a good addition to 40k. They are strong, but fair and outshoot all other armies. They have good, powerful formations and great lore. They also have some of the best models and customization of any faction. Tau are great and if an army had to be high tier, it might as well be tau.
>>
File: 1292940787331.jpg (55 KB, 407x405) Image search: [Google]
1292940787331.jpg
55 KB, 407x405
I have an upcoming 1500pt tourny vs an eldar fag. Need some feedback on my list vs his.

his
>x3 5man warlocks on bikes
>voidshield w/ 3 shields. Hides bikes inside/behind terrain from LoS
>x2 5man warpspiders
>some flyer
>Wraithknight

me
>Paskisher w/lascannon w/exterminator w/lascannon
>Two Exterminators w/lascannon & Plasma cannons
>Squad of two Wyverns
>Two chimeras with Veterans w/ x3 plasma & carapace
>Crassus Dominus w/ x2 lascannons

plan is to focus fire the knight and try to eat one squad at a time after that while riding out their attacks with lots of heavy armor. any better ideas/suggestions?

>also can't ally
>>
How would one make a viable IG artillery list
>>
File: inq_deployment.jpg (155 KB, 724x612) Image search: [Google]
inq_deployment.jpg
155 KB, 724x612
>>47362036
The Inquisitor has chosen the Command set of warlord traits and rolled a 6 - Warlord and allies with 12" of the Inquisitor may re-roll assault to-hit rolls of 1.

The Inquisitor orders the Astartes to form up and get ready to march on the objective. Battle-Brother Bennigan tells the Inquisitor that the Codex Astartes doesn't approve that action. She tells Bennigan that she wasn't asking for the opinion of Guilliman.

The Chaos player, having deployed first, wants the first turn. The Inquisition player attempts to seize the initiative, but fails to do so.

Note on the models: the plasma cannon is actually just a plasma gun

>>47362692
tabletop simulator is 3d, you are thinking of vassal

that said, TTS tends to work better for RPGS, board card games, card games, or games with grids than it does for wargames
>>
>>47362743
There is that formation for them. An IG player could help. Maybe its in the codex. Has emperor in it.
>>
>>47362728
>fair
good memes
>>
File: 1449247602327.png (37 KB, 220x245) Image search: [Google]
1449247602327.png
37 KB, 220x245
>>47362669
we don't have any new rumors or releases to talk about so we turn on each other easily. you should have seen /tg/ when eldar or orks dropped, we were burning through threads discussing things to death. ultimately this is the fate of the general, though we seem to waffle between the same 20-40 people. i haven't seen 'your dudes' 1d4chan posting today though.

personally i'm making a big con/pro list on buying/using cor'bax.
>>
File: 1463201941034.png (297 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1463201941034.png
297 KB, 500x500
>>47362743
mortars, basilisks, platoons of troops to keep the enemy at bay.

do the emperor proud soldier.
>>
>>47362792
How many platoons should i include?
>>
>>47362743
You take lots of Earthshaker Cannons pieces. Not basilisks, but the immobile ones. You can have 3 per choice. Obviously they are cheaper than Basilisks and thus you can dish out a lot.

Manticore Batteries are also a choice. You can ft 6 into a 1000 pointer. Can make one AA as well.
>>
>>47362732
that's a short tourney. Honestly though, It all depends if you can down the wraithknight before his other units start raping you. If you don't then you'll have to deal with so much shit. If you do then it'll still be difficult, but I think you could win.
>>
File: Poor little Maulerfiend.jpg (850 KB, 1828x1372) Image search: [Google]
Poor little Maulerfiend.jpg
850 KB, 1828x1372
What's one game you managed to win with an army drastically below your opponent /40k/? Mine was against tau as KDK. Ran a list that was mostly daemon engines and raptors/warp talons. See pic for the gist of his list.

Pic related is a turn that the maulerfiend somehow lived through, whether it be failed to pen, (even rear, thanks to that stealth cadre) or its daemon save.

Swear to god it was the MVP. It's standing where it killed shadowsun and her bodyguard in one round.

Won the game through objective cards only, thanks to him drawing like shit, and killing enough things to let me summon through blood tithe.

So salty after match with my "unfair summons" despite him killing so much to let me have em, and how objective cards were terrible because they made the game "too random". So many tears to drink.
>>
>>47362770
I was here for the Eldar update, the Tau update, and the thread where one idjit got made about a part of Tau fluff. If I had to say how long I've been in the 40k General I would say I've been here since September to now. I've seen some rather horrid threads.
>>
>>47362836
take as much artillery as you want, then fill the rest of the points with platoons
>>
>>47362859
i always beat my tau friend with my nids, i dont even run a cheesy list while he does, its truly a mystery
>>
>>47361752
6' 200lb military checking in. He's not fat.
>>
>>47362854
i dunno, i'm just not too worried about the rest of his stuff. seeing his tactics he likes to stay back and shoot. if i had infantry or lighter vehicles around his bikes would chew through them.

maybe it'd be worth taking the Carapace off the vets and putting camo on the Wyverns?
>>
>>47362859
beat my friend's stupid Skyhammer garbage with my Grey Knights. He flubbed his grav cannon shots from his devastators and it was all downhill for him after that. I got in his face turn 2 and even though he hit a lot of stuff afterwards I was able to get off some good psychic defense and offense. All his shooting wasn't enough after his failings first round. Slaughted him after that. Even took out his knight.
>>
>>47360523
If you want, take a look at my changes. Make a comment if you see anything you'd like to change.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1foLcYPMR143awUTA_GzeCrVL68gRmrWDZLtUV03pSfs/edit?usp=sharing
>>
>>47362198
Im sorry your ignorant ass assumed I was fighting a leman russ battlecanon and mabye a basalisk. I am talking about Guard players who bring 3x wyverns to everything over 500 points, space marines who use the 3x thunderfire cannon formations with cataprachti terminator captain to be a mobile deathstar with 3x flamers for overwatch and plasma out the ass for other things, and tau players running a minimum of 4 to 6 riptides. Eat shit with your spread out more advice.
>>
>>47362768
>He won't let me charge him so I can kill his units without any casualties!
>>
>>47361561
Don't mean to pester anyone, but bump on this. Any feedback is appreciated.
>>
>>47362950
>literally an entire gunline overwatching is fair
>>
>>47362676
In my experience?

>Space marines
Ignorant fanboy, only cares about marines. Thinks he deserves to win every time because he's playing 'the main characters' and will take whatever broken formations he needs to make this happen.

>Imperial Guard
Same as above but in regards to IG. Even worse than the marine player this one will argue everything. None of your units will be quite obsurced enough for a save, never quite under a blast template and be prepared to measure and remeasure everything.

>Tyranids
Passive-aggression personified. Will make a point of playing a 'fluffy' army and how he avoided good but often abused options like flyrants only to get incredibly angry when things don't go his way. Will swear, sigh, and mutter passive aggressive insults with increasing volume the closer he comes to losing.

>chaos marines
Straight up cheater. His list has an extra 100 points, he reroll a Psychic power he didn't want when you were doing yours and he's using some obsure formation that makes his marines all fearless. His army and ability to use it are so bad no one really cares, generally fun to play against as a wild card opponent.
>>
>>47362859
>ugly purple and white airbrushed riptide
>maroon red riptide looking super bland in a terrible pose
>another grey riptide and 2 grey ghostkeels
>3 stealth suits in possibly the worst color scheme seen by a living person
>primed white tau fire warriors with a yellow sergeant that will never be finished
>pasty fat white hands
I almost vomitted
>>
>>47362994
these are good and generally true for the worst of the worst.
>>
>>47362732
I'd take pic related. Get x3 of whatever Leman Russ you want (so they get Squadron Bonuses). Put pic related nearby to boost them.

Veterans.

But personally? I'd take 9 Manticore batteries, make 2 out of 9 be AA missile equipped. Then fire 7 S9 AP2 7" Blast missiles per turn.
>>
>>47362994
spot on all the way friendo, i'm maybe the only nid player at my lgs who has gotten comfortable with my position as a punching bag, most of them get violently angry when they start losing
>>
File: grizmund.png (514 KB, 1552x1023) Image search: [Google]
grizmund.png
514 KB, 1552x1023
>>47363035
>>47362732
Sorry, forgot pic.
>>
>>47362969
We get it CC armies suck. That's not the Tau's fault. Each army has tools to stop charges now. The Tau just happen to be the worst in CC so they got the ones the most obvious ones.
>>
File: 1456852636167.jpg (609 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
1456852636167.jpg
609 KB, 1000x750
>>47362863
things are better when we have an influx of new blood, people talking about their battles, & making new content (not just memes).
>>
File: 67678678.jpg (64 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
67678678.jpg
64 KB, 800x600
>>47362859
I didn't win but I played against a tau guy that fielded 4 of those big niggers, stealth suits, and a bunch of piranhas. I used an all drop army and he ended up winning with a couple piranhas and 1 big guy left.

if the battle were to be recreated in video form it would be a fucking epic scene.

>giant tau walkers advance into enemy territory with small scouting team
>clouds gather and the skies darken
>rain pours down
>flash of thunder
>lightning strike
>the angels of death descend from the clouds
>the ground shakes with the impact of pods
>orbital strikes fall from the sky and pummel the ground
>guns blazing
>ground shaking
>flash of thunder
>lightning strike
>too close to run
>cries of battle fill the air
>charging as their comrades fall
>hacking and slashing
>bring down the giants
>flash of thunder
>lightning strike
>the rain dies down
>the clouds part
>silence
>the earth is scarred with the marks of war
>the blood of the emperors soldiers soaks the ground
>the day was lost
>silence, terrible silence
>>
>>47362836
what the other guy said, get as much artillery as you want then fill the rest of the army with platoons, get 1 command squad too, obviously.
>>
>>47363074
>using holy grey knight terminator feet on filthy blood raven bodies
no
>>
File: manticore.png (456 KB, 1420x926) Image search: [Google]
manticore.png
456 KB, 1420x926
>>47362792
>>47362836
>>47363097
>mfw everybody ignored my comment

Manticores guys. Manticores. Lots of these.
>>
>>47362994
The Nids have gotten a bad case from Cruddance though.
>>
>>47363139
forgeworld is basically homebrew rules
>>
>>47363139
I haven't played IG in like 5 years so I didn't remember if they had any other artillery. mortars and basilisks are all I could remember. but it really doesn't matter what artillery you get as long as its artillery.
>>
>>47363143
just be like me and learn to love losing with a huge endless swarm
>>
>>47362994
>makes no mention whatsoever of tau or eldar players

>Tau
coward IRL, plays mostly ranged characters in other games, has a hunter in WoW or was that guy who always played as the green archer in gauntlet legends. absolute piece of shit that will either take an army of giant metal gears, or a bunch of infantry/elites and sit in one spot the entire game, will try to justify that using the floating bunker is technically moving.

>Eldar
the worst of the worst, does absolutely anything in his power to win, nothing is sacred to this man. will try to justify that extra movement is balanced and helps distinguish the army. will use either jet bikes or a wraith knight every game, and will make last minute changes to his army list once he sees what you're fielding. will try and act pleasant at the end of the game and try to awkwardly shake your hand like either of you had a good time.

>Ork player
Bro tier, will get drunk/stoned with you before the game starts, you both win regardless of who beats who.
>>
>>47363125
it was a gift. actually now that gives me an idea on how to decorate my bloodthrister's base
>>
File: earthshaker.png (754 KB, 1175x1026) Image search: [Google]
earthshaker.png
754 KB, 1175x1026
>>47363169
>mfw 1000 pointer
>Lord Commisaar
>x2 Veterans
>x7 Manticores Batteries

One of them AA, the rest can shoot 6 S9 AP2 7" at the opponent.

>>47363170
Lots of these is neat.
>>
>>47363254
it's supposed to be the MOST CUNTISH of each faction. There are still cuntish ork players.
>>
>>47363139
>>47363097
>>47362865
This is what i got so far
The Emperors hammer
CAD
HQ
Lord Commisar 65pts
Troops
Infantry Platoon (150pts)
7x guardsman Guardsman w/ vox caster Guardsman w/ flamer sergeant
7x guardsman Guardsman w/ vox caster Guardsman w/ flamer sergeant
platoon command squad
Infantry Platoon(140)
Platoon command squad
8x guardsman guardsman w/ vox caster sergeant
8x guardsman guardsman w/ vox caster sergeant

Formation
Emperor's wrath Artillery
Basilisk battery (420pts)
3x basilisk w/ camo netting and heavy flamer hull mounted
Basilisk battery (390pts)
2x basilisk heavy flamer hull mounted
Basilisk camo netting heavy flamer hull mounted
Company command squad (125pts)
Manticore (170pts)
Enginseer (40pts)
much held needed
>>
>>47363307
>There are still cuntish ork players.
im sure there are but I honestly haven't met any.
>>
File: listsuggestions.png (15 KB, 560x420) Image search: [Google]
listsuggestions.png
15 KB, 560x420
I'm building my army list from 500 points to 1000 points. So far this is what I got. I'm sort of looking to replicate this scene from Fury: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7qm4jgqDxE

I got 130 points untouched, and I got a few holes in the army that I'm sure I need filled. I got no AA, and my troops are slow. So maybe a couple chimeras and dump a command squad in favor of buffs? Or maybe a valkyrie to double up as an AA platform and a transport? Really haven't decided yet.
>>
>>47362669
It's because people can't help but reply to posts they don't like. If they took the mature option and hid/reported off topic nonsense this thread would improve tenfold.
>>
File: 1463507412956.jpg (226 KB, 680x1314) Image search: [Google]
1463507412956.jpg
226 KB, 680x1314
>>47363310
5 basilisks sounds fucking epic, but you could drop it to 4 and add more smaller artillery. I like the amount of guardsmen you have, should form a solid front line.
>>
>>47363050
>Grizmund
Going to run this guy in a count as IG ork 'eavy armoured krumpany list. He can keep his name.
>>
>>47362732
Ignore the Wraithknight and win on objectives.
>>
File: 1436798909851.jpg (46 KB, 692x451) Image search: [Google]
1436798909851.jpg
46 KB, 692x451
>>47362119
I have just recently had two games against them combined with inquisition for maximum laser monkeys and crusader+death cult+inquisitor+cannoness+priests rerolling ++ saves wound dancing gimmicks. Also, three rocket organs inside three regenerating AV12 shields. I've stopped trying to shoot through it and just started jamming a knight titan in there followed by a swarm of termies and tacticals to mopp up any survivors from the resulting knight explosion. Yes, it took a strength D exploding knight to dent his otherwise immortal inquisition retinue.
>>
File: bottom_of_turn_2.jpg (255 KB, 979x734) Image search: [Google]
bottom_of_turn_2.jpg
255 KB, 979x734
>>47362751
I didn't take a picture at the end of Chaos turn 1, but basically both squads move and run forward.

Focusing her thousands on the terrible havoc about happen to the heretics threatening the relic. The inquisition player rolls a five, generating a respectable 6 warp charges on turn 1. They decide to hold these charges for now, as nothing is in range.

The marines to the north attempt to fire on the cultists who are out in the open, though one of the marines is out of range. The plasma gun just barely misses a cultists, but 2 cultists are slain through righteous bolter fire.

The Inquisition has claimed first blood!

The other marines see the cultists approaching the ruins and open fire, though the line of sight means only two cultists were foolish enough the receive fire, with one exception: Battle-brother Bennigan, though the wisdom of the codex astartes, has taken high ground, giving him better visibility of the approaching cultists. Three are slain, though the presence of their fearless lord bolsters their courage.

The marines do not attempt to charge, knowing that the enemy is yet too far away, especially charging through the ruins.

Chaos turn 2 will happen in an hour or two. Already I am beginning to feel like the chaos player is at a disadvantage.
>>
>>47363492
He doesn't have the field presence to ignore a WK.
>>
>>47363438

I ran him the other day against a Chaos list and got my butt handed to me.

This may have something to do with the fact that I let my Vanquishers sit on one corner of the field trying to snipe everything when my opponent only brought two vehicles.

Either way, two things you should note:

1. he can only buff tank squadrons from his own army, meaning ABG tanks.
2. his 'master crafted' aura only works with punishers and vanquishers. blast weapons don't roll to-hit; they roll scatter.
>>
>>47363310
>>47363384
How do you make basilisks work? Every time I use them, they spend turn one raking in a third of their cost at most because they won't do enough damage to vehicles to mean anything, and every single infantry model they can get a couple of hits on are gonna make their cover/inv saves and cost about 9 points a piece anyway, and then getting blown up or torn apart in turn two or three every time.

They just job too hard for me to feel like I can justify spending 375 points on three of them. Only time they have impressed me was when they tanked the entire shooting phase of my opponent for two turns by hiding behind an aegis defence line with camo netting, not killing anything of course, because my opponents entire army was under a shield generator, which they with their combined fire power could take out, just so it could come back the next turn and they could take it out again and do nothing to anything underneath, before then promptly getting torn apart on turn three, again.
>>
>>47363035
>Squadron Bonuses

we don't have this shit bro
>>
>>47362732
>Pask vs WK

You're fucked. He could focus JUST your command squadron and it would be an equal exchange of points, but on top of that he gets STW. Having an HQ choice with low wound/HP count vs a manbarbie is asking for pain. He WILL get to you, and he WILL wreck your face.

>Dominus Siege Bombard
Getting better; can I see a photo of your model? I assume you kitbashed it, since there ISN'T an official model of this.

>two wyverns
notbad.jpg
Honestly, though, you might be better off using an Emperor's Wrath company. Eldar HATE arty, and bassies make them cry. Manticores not so much, but if they're twin-linked and ignoring cover? Yeah, that might work.
>>
File: 1457927260350.jpg (50 KB, 406x364) Image search: [Google]
1457927260350.jpg
50 KB, 406x364
>>47363169
>>
>>47363169
gr8 b8
>>
>>47363290

Gods I want that so bad. I have a plan to buy basilisks, then magnetize the gun deck so it can stick to a scratch built carriage of my own design. It'll save space, time, and money!

And by 'scratchbuilt' I mean '3d printed'.
>>
>>47363753
Doesn't it say in the rules that if you position your "Guard" tank slightly in front of and to the side of the "Command" tank, the enemy has to target the closer tank first? In that case, he has to get 6 AV14 hits to SLW. The Commander can also command "Strike-And-Shroud" first turn to further increase survivability.
>>
>>47363809
Who are you getting to 3D print your models?
>>
>>47363310
Swap some of the basilisks for Wyverns, everyone says they're pretty good.

I think they are a little silly, though. I prefer my mortars raining down from the infantry heavy weapon squads, but a squad with 3 mortars costs 60 and a wyvern (4 twin linked small blasts with shred) costs 65 points.
>>
Asking here, hoping I'll get better answer than /v/ thread.

I've been reading about WH40K lore, and really like Orks. What would give me proper Orky experience, or are they forever bound to be joke race only good for others to kill in bulk?
I'm fine with pretty much anything but I can't get into actual miniature army fights, which I imagine is sadly meat of the content. Anything else is fine, books, comics, tabletop RPGs, vidya... Is there anything?
>>
How well written have the IAs been lately? Are they garbage like Warzone Damocles and Warzone Fenris, or do they typically make still make tactical and logistical sense?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 45

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.