[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MTG Snowstorm 2k16
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 34
File: A fistful of FLAKES.png (626 KB, 457x845) Image search: [Google]
A fistful of FLAKES.png
626 KB, 457x845
Last one died and I don't know the format for everyhing on this part because I can't find shit.

So here we go again!
>>
>>47354559
The threads are typically posted by the same OP, with links to stories from the last threads and the following templated objects:

Here is the previous thread: >>47269609

Writefaggings last time:
It's Always Sunny in Ravnica (Episode 1) http://pastebin.com/wwgZ1sVq
The Snowstorm (Chapters 1 and 2) >>47320865

REMINDER:

If you want ANYTHING to go in the repo, just summon me. Otherwise I will only put writefagging and sheets in the repo.

Also, I added the blank template to the ALL FLAKESHEETS folder.

To summon me simply say
>OP OP, I SUMMON THEE. PLACE THIS FILE IN THE REPOSITORY.
And I will come.

>Current Repository

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bwl7IuoVRkFxUDZRVGVfQ1BDbm8
>>
File: Flake Chart.jpg (6 MB, 1802x4578) Image search: [Google]
Flake Chart.jpg
6 MB, 1802x4578
>>47354649
And here's a better-sized flake chart.
(Note, this chart hasn't been updated in a while, so there are several flakes missing.)
>>
>>47354673
>>47354559
>>47354649
Actual OP here. Sorry I hadn't posted a new thread yet. I've been at work all day.
>>
>>47355312
it's okay, we still love you.
>>
>>47355312
we still love you mang

also since this is the ONLY place I post on /tg I'm setting my name to Nishal-Anon from now on
>>
>>47355312
It happens. I think I got everything that would go in your post, but it's possible I missed some writefagging.
>>
>>47355519
There was the Snowflake Civil War.
>>
>>47355650
Who killed who's mom?
>>
So, what exactly is going on in these threads?
>>
>>47357565
people make up their own planeswalkers, then people make their planeswalkers interact with other peoples' planeswalkers.
>>
>>47356124
Rock killed Diomedes' bird
>>
>>47357636
Speaking of Rock, I feel like the "joke" characters should have their own section of the flake list, that way space can be cleared and rolling won't end up with a knight fighting a chicken
>>
>>47358240

How many "joke" walkers do we have at this point, anyhow?
>>
>>47358240
The problem with that is that there's fighting about who belongs in that section and someone throws a shitfit
>>
>>47358240
There's only four. Seems kinda pointless.
>>
File: Amund Silent Guardian.jpg (42 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Amund Silent Guardian.jpg
42 KB, 375x523
I'm gonna post the three Flakewalker cards I made, just so they're around for people to see and critique.

I'm probably gonna do more soon, but right now it's pizza and alcohol time
>>
File: Akanta of Serra.jpg (44 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Akanta of Serra.jpg
44 KB, 375x523
this one generated a lot of discussion last thread, so let's see what people think about her this time.
>>
File: Acervus Arrandine.jpg (49 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Acervus Arrandine.jpg
49 KB, 375x523
>>
>>47358240
Do you doubt the power of Sir Razorcock, terror of the Five Realms???
>>
>>47359795
the +1 is still too weak imho.
>>47359868
Ended up being fine
>>47360002
Overall ok. Who's next?
>>
>>47358240
What defines a joke character?
>>
File: Sydhar Worldshaper.jpg (36 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Sydhar Worldshaper.jpg
36 KB, 375x523
>>47359795
>>47359868
>>47360002

If we're making these I may as well throw in mine too.
>>
File: Ylia of New Alara.jpg (47 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Ylia of New Alara.jpg
47 KB, 375x523
>>47362218

It's really hard finding suitable art for an ex-boros female minotaur, so let's just say she spent too much time in Jund with this one.
>>
>>47358240
Anything that got the Unglued symbol. Anything that uses mana symbols that aren't real. Anything that goes out of its way to break canon on purpose.
>>
>>47362918
What do you mean, on purpose?
>>
>>47363011

Chillbrass, I assume.
>>
>>47363011
Obviously, that's the harder one to prove. But if the bio for the flake blatantly breaks canon lore (like say, you killed a character that's still living or died a different way) then your character shouldn't be taken seriously.
>>
File: delcards.png (299 KB, 1494x516) Image search: [Google]
delcards.png
299 KB, 1494x516
Since everyone's posting cards, might as well post mine.
ignore the shit art and shit balance, I threw these together in a few minutes.

1/2
>>
File: delcardthesingleone.png (361 KB, 377x524) Image search: [Google]
delcardthesingleone.png
361 KB, 377x524
>>47363092
2/2
>>
File: oldman.jpg (841 KB, 1562x1186) Image search: [Google]
oldman.jpg
841 KB, 1562x1186
>>47354559
Ok fagots, tell me who are the ones that have been nice and who have been naughty. who will get gifts and candy, and who will get charcoal on his/her/its socks?
>Nice
no one for now
>Naughty
The cock
>>
>>47363199
Out of my flakes?
>Remes
>Cala
>Jakrol
>Winifred

Everybody's on the naughty list.
>>
>>47363199
>Del
Probably nice.
>Doc Roman
He's literally zombie hitler. So naughty.

Also, why is Santa red white blue instead of red green and white? They're the chrimbus colors.
>>
>>47363063
What if your post mending flake flies around on a plane hopping ship?
Or was turned into a Weird somehow
Or is DOOMGUY
>>
>>47363416
Because he's not Santa
HE'S CAPTAIN AMERICA
>>
Working on my first flake. Super pumped
>>
>>47363318
>>47363416
>Naughty
The cock
Remes
Cala
Jarkol
Winifred
Doc Roman

>Nice
I don't know, that elemental seems dangerous enough
>>
>>47363421
Like I said. Intent means a lot. It's a fine line, and honestly it would be better if we not draw it too hard. Instead we should just try to hold some kind of lore standard amongst ourselves and hope for the best.
>>
>>47363874
I agree with that, I will continue to mock those I perceive as lore breaking
>>
File: Myrina.png (2 MB, 1562x1186) Image search: [Google]
Myrina.png
2 MB, 1562x1186
OP OP, I SUMMON THEE. ADD THIS FILE TO THE REPOSITORY.

My first flake!
>>
>>47364863
>Wants to broker peace between Selesnya and Gruul
That's ambitious. Especially considering how the Gruul probably see the Selesnya as weak and see no reason to ally with them, taking out their rage against the city structure in disregard.

Not bad for a first flake, but I can't help but wonder where red fits into the character. Obviously being a satyr is well-related, just that it doesn't reflect anywhere else. I really do like the character, though.
>>
>>47364937
I initially intended for her combat style to focus more on creatures and less on life, but it didn't work out that way. It was hard for me to find red cards I thought fit her. I think you're right that she's largely white green.
>>
>>47363199
Murdock has been naughty indeed, but good luck catching her
>>
>>47364951
Nothing wrong with a color going secondary. I really don't like that there are so many legendary creatures there, though. What about getting in a pair of gruul creatures?
>>
>>47366487
Will definitely do!
>>
File: that guy again.png (154 KB, 375x524) Image search: [Google]
that guy again.png
154 KB, 375x524
crit pls
>>
>>47367025
I feel like the 0 has the same problem as Akanta's, where it has absolutely no reason to be used because it means you can kill the walker for pretty much nothing.

I don't know how balanced it would be, but maybe try
+1: Scry 3
0: until end of turn, whenever Tazadir, Wandering Warrior is dealt damage it deals that much damage to each creature and each player
-3: until end of turn, Tazadir, wandering Warrior becomes a 3/1 Human Monk Ally with Flying, Haste, Double Strike, and Indestructible
>>
>>47367059
-3 isn't a bit too much? and also there's a 145 character limit on abilities :/
>>
>>47367081
-3 DOES seem like a bit much. Maybe -2, but I feel like -1 is too cheap for a 3/1 indestructible hitter. Especially since he starts at 3, which means you can drop his ability on turn one at either -2 or -1
>>
>>47367094
I want his abilities to be +1, 0 and -1 for flavor though
>>
>>47367130
if it's for flavor reasons and you know those reasons, it's completely up to you.

the cards don't all have to be competitive viable, they just have to be cool and flavorful.
>>
>>47364863
>giant gote pucci
>>
File: Snowflake.png (903 KB, 1131x859) Image search: [Google]
Snowflake.png
903 KB, 1131x859
Can I get this added to the repo?
>>
>>47368221
Op will probably add it in during the next day or so. He/She is more active on the weekends.
>>
>>47367025
A planeswalker less threatening than tibal
>>
>>47368221
It would be neat if she had some coin flip cards and manipulation of coin flip cards
>>
>>47369745
Except they're all trash.
>>
>>47370741
>chance cards are trash
Fite me fggt
>>
>>47359795
Amund anon here, this looks pretty nice. Much appreciated
>>
>>47372736
is there anything you think would work better?
alternatively, 30 cards that would encapsulate a planeswalker fight with him?
>>
>>47372936
That seems like a lot for encapsulation
>>
>>47372936
>30 cards
Whoa there, man. There's a reason why we list "preferred spells" and deck types that they are likely to be aligned with.
>>
>>47374612
>>47374856
yeah, I get that it's a lot. I'm working on throwing together a planechase variant where you play AS a planeswalker, and I figured it would be cool to do 30-card decks based around these planeswalker cards.

feel like it would be pretty neat if the creators of the flakes make them, too.
>>
>>47375046
30-card decks? How would you even do such a variant?
>>
>>47375743
so the main thing is you need enough Plane cards for a 9x9 grid.
you put them all down face-down, and up to four players unflip each of the corners. they're all on these planes. Once per turn you can use your planeswalker ability and roll the die. then you get to planeswalk or activate a phenomenon.
If you're on the same plane as someone else, you start a planeswalker duel with that person. each turn you have the option to attempt to planeswalk away or try for a phenomenon to turn the battle.
The reason for the smaller decks is that I was planning on installing a five-creature rule, and you can only summon creatures on that plane; they don't travel with you. that way the duels are nice and short, or they can end up drawn out and leading to incredible interplanar fights
>>
Never made my own planeswalker card, what are some good pointers?
>>
>>47377027
make the + something that is strong, but not terribly broken
make the - something even better, but make it so it's worth the drawback of making the walker easier to kill
make sure the ult isn't completely useless
>>
>>47363874
The person who was making the snowstorm was of the opinion that all flakes are equally shit, and thus there should be no separation.
It caused a minor shitstorm last time around, even, when the second snowstorm keeper made a section for flakes that broke lore (like the dog and germ)
And this time around there's stuff that's a lot more lorebreaky than those two
>>
>>47364863
I feel like she's not RED enough in her background to justify it.
>>
>>47377027
Wording means a lot.
Look at other existing cards to gain some sort of understanding of balance.
>>
>>47377057

An ult isn't an absolute necessity, either. And FFS think very hard before you type the word "Emblem".
>>
>>47377075
The majority of people are pretty cool and chill, though, barring the occasional shitposter.
>>
File: mtg - thunderscape_battlemage.jpg (147 KB, 638x530) Image search: [Google]
mtg - thunderscape_battlemage.jpg
147 KB, 638x530
How does one make a three-color walker?
It seems a bit difficult to make sure each color gets equal representation when it's just down to one person. With a group it is much easier; members may vary in color but they all follow the same philosophy.
>>
>>47377261
Honestly? You usually end up with one or two colors being their 'main' colors, with the remainder being minor but still important facets of them. You don't get GWU, you get gWu or GWu. And that's okay, as long as they are clearly still all three colors to some degree.
>>
>>47377240
this. forgot all about emblems.
>>
>>47368143
you know it bb
>>
>>47377409
Would the instance of GwU just be racial?
Like.... a human from Bant. White is just there because.... well it's Bant. White is sort of the most important color there.
>>
>>47377908
No, it'd be a character that, unlike a typical GU character, values the group and community over individuals - but the GU parts of their personality are more readily apparent.
Where they're from or raised doesn't matter - or else everyone from Innistrad would be black as hell, and original Sarkhan wouldn't have been RG, he'd be BWR. While it's true that a lot of people DO conform to what their environment is like, they don't ALL do so
>>
Do walkers need adhere to the typical color of their species? Sydhar was originally going to look more distinctly verminous for example, but rat=black in MtG...
>>
File: Myrina Peaceful Wanderer.jpg (49 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Myrina Peaceful Wanderer.jpg
49 KB, 375x523
Whipped up a card for Myrina. Wanted to avoid an ultimate to kind of show off that she doesn't really have that kind of magical power or resources, just friends.
>>
>>47378212
maybe change the wording of her +1 to "Choose one: gain three life; or gain life equal to the number of creature tokens you control"
>>
>>47378238
You're right, been playing too much Hearthstone. My bad
>>
>>47364863
>Lorwyn
Doesn't that have the most creative expression of red with those elemental people?
>>
>>47364863
Am I the only one that's going to point out that this satyr is wearing sandals? I mean, forget the legendary creatures, how do you make someone with hooves wear footwear?
>>
>>47378398
Well in her case I think they'd just tie up the wings as best they could around the hooves.
>>
>>47378398
I am not gonna lie I did not give that a second thought lmao. I'll find some other equipment
>>
File: Myrina.png (2 MB, 1562x1186) Image search: [Google]
Myrina.png
2 MB, 1562x1186
OP OP, I SUMMON THEE. ADD THIS FILE TO THE REPOSITORY. updated Myrina.
>>
Anna Anon here, proving I'm still alive
More time passed on the farm as she learned more about seeds and working farm equipment than she thought she would want to know. She also learned a lot about repairing the buildings on their farm as maintenance became needed. The leaves were falling and days growing short when Anna came in from her work to see a dress draped across the chair she usually sat at and Marion looking rather pleased with herself. She looked between the dress and the older woman “I'm guessing that another woman didn't come through while I was working and leave her dress on the chair.”
“Well, I was thinking that you have been working very hard,” so that's a no,” and that you deserve a day off.” Marion looked very happy as she was explaining her thought process, Anna didn't have the heart to make a comment. “The town is having a festival for Fall, and I figured you would like to go.”
“And the dress?” She asked, knowing that Anna having a good time wouldn't be the only reason for the planned excursion.
“You want to look your best, don't you?” Marion asked with an accusing tone.
“Yes, I mean,” she looked away to avoid Marion's eyes, “I was thinking just washing my uniform and trying that on.” The clothes she arrived in, surprisingly not torn by her fall or whatever happened, had been hanging in the closet for the months she had been working on the farm. She looked back and could see the disappointment in the older woman's face. “How about this, I wear my uniform while I'm riding there and during the day. You know, in case someone would recognize the uniform.” Since even if no one knew her personally, uniforms all looked the same for a reason.
“Oh, that's a good idea,” Marion clapped her hands together, “Now, you'll need to get your hair cleaned up, I'll get your clothes ready, we can't have you walking around covered in dust.” She got up from the table to go tend to her self appointed duties.
>>
>>47378981
Shortly after she left the room, Eustace entered the room and put his coat over the chair. “Hey Girl,” he greeted her, “when's dinner going to be ready?”
“It will probably be cold cuts tonight,” Anna told him simply and went to get some meat and bread for the two of them.
“Bah,” he said down in his chair and crossed his arms, “we work all day on the farm, shouldn't we at least get homecooked meals?”
“Well,” Anna took a knife to the bread loaf, rather savagely in fact, “Marion's getting my uniform ready to go the the festival in town.”
“What about the farm?” He asked, his hand motioning to the door. “It's not going to take care of itself!”
“I'm only going to be gone for one day, you know. Besides, Marion insisted I go, want some?” She held up one of the slices she hacked off with the knife and Eustace took it from her.
>>
>>47379005
“Thank you,” he say and grabbed some sausage. “You know,” he said pointing the knife at her before turning it towards cutting the sausage, “don't let that Peter boy stick anything in you.”
Anna choked on the food she was eating“Eustace!” was her first word when she finally was able to swallow
“What?” He held up his hands in an innocent manner, still holding the food and knife. “Listen, I don't like that boy.”
“What's he ever done to you?” She asked him, still incredibly red in the face.
“Nothing, but he's wouldn't be good for you,” Eustace was now preparing his own food while talking, “He doesn't know what he wants to do, but he's not going to leave this area. Mark my words, Marion says I don't know people but I do.”
“Why does that mean he wouldn't be good for me?” She asked leaning back in her chair, not willing to eat anymore until she could be sure he wouldn't say something like his first line again. “I mean, I don't know what I want to do either.”
“Listen Girl,” he leaned in, pushing his food to the side. “I think everyone has their destiny, and I don't know where yours is, but it ain't here, got that?”
She was slightly taken aback by that but nodded before starting to eat again “O-ok.”
“But if he wants to put it in your butt, that's your business.” He said just in time for her to choke again.
>>
File: unnatural.png (145 KB, 223x311) Image search: [Google]
unnatural.png
145 KB, 223x311
Snowflake question: would it be acceptable to use devoid spells, not creatures, without having any connection to the eldrazi, for what the card itself represents? Like pic related, could I use that if the flake's themes otherwise meshed up with it?
>>
>>47379950
case by case. I think that one is okay
>>
>>47380001
cool beans.
Also, what would you say is "too many" spells, or at least the suggested upward max number for character sheets?
>>
>>47380043
I try to limit mine to one or two from each deck and then three artifacts
>>
>>47380070
What if we're not basing the character off a deck or set of decks?
>>
>>47380160
Then think about what kind of decks they would run and go from there.
>>
>>47379950
Devoid magic is very much a particular brand that's Eldrazi-like (except for the ones that Ugin uses). I would personally suggest that you could use them, but that you would flavor them differently.
>>
>>47359868
>Planeswalker that activates on the turn of others
Stupid and broken. Even if you added "At the beginning of your upkeep remove a Loyalty counter from X" the fact you can use it in someone else's turn makes it way too strong.
>>
>>47380256
Oh certainly, I'd be flavoring it as using weird magic and strong will to achieve unnatural results, such as the denial of one's self being wounded or the refuting that one's self is weak enough to be harmed, as would be represented by that card.
It's for Ka'koarm, whose all willpower, mind-over-matter to astronomical extremes and horror themed.
>>
>>47380433
>whose
*who is
>>
File: A few flakes more.jpg (3 MB, 1802x4578) Image search: [Google]
A few flakes more.jpg
3 MB, 1802x4578
>>
>>47380748
Needs new jokes.
>>
>>47381072
Well I need knew flakes, slogging through the same ones over and over again is dull enough without there not being any new ones.
And I am lazy so I am not the one who updates the sheets.
hm, what if I did a Time Spiral sort of sheet, first one is Flake Spiral with old flakes, next is Snow covered chaos with alternate versions of current flakes, finally is future flakes just filled with the most lore breaking pieces of shit I can think of.
>>
>nahari now a staple in modern to shit emracool on the board as fast as possible
>nahiri highly suggested to be shitting emrakul into innistrad in the lore
Happy coincidence or wizards being cheeky and basically knew that's exactly what she would be used for in modern?
>>
What kind of jobs does Belloski normally give planeswalkers?
>>
>>47382525
>Hey kid
>Make me some fucking money
>>
File: Alternate Sonia.png (2 MB, 1562x1186) Image search: [Google]
Alternate Sonia.png
2 MB, 1562x1186
>>47381149

I do find the idea of alternate versions of flakes a fun thought experiment, although I think it'd be too time-consuming to actually keep track of.
>>
Is Narimi anon around?
>>
>>47382525
Weren't there stories about it?
>>
Aight, done
He's now capped out at the most spells he'll ever have, at around roughly far too many, but I managed to organize them into the themes his magic displays, so it looks kinda nice in that respect. I know he's not as interesting as the main Gaia and Diomedes story flakes, but any opinions on what could be improved on him?
>>
File: Ka'koarm.png (3 MB, 2376x1669) Image search: [Google]
Ka'koarm.png
3 MB, 2376x1669
>>47384338
>forgets image
flawless
>>
>>47384347
I like it. My only confusion is why didn't the hermit notice him when everyone was alive?
>>
>>47384408
More or less scouting, vetomancy requires extremely strong emotion and will, more potent with the negative kind. The hermit probably would not have recruited anyone were it not for the spectacle of one mer-man being so mad and desperate that their spark ignited. Or, at least, that's what the hermit would justify it as. There is an element to the waiting thing that you have a better chance noticing a second read through.
>>
>>47378767
I'm still not seeing the red here.
Right Satyrs have a very obvious red streak in them with their out of control parties and wildness. For her it sounds like she starts off Green and just adds white with each plane she visits.
Her trip to Lorwyn is evident that she ended up adding white there; hanging around with the Kithkin who are primarily White and a little bit Blue (I think?).

I think it would be better if she ended up starting more "wild" like in her past. Lorwyn is the best place for her to loose some of that wildness, have her hand out with the Flamekin. Who I think would be helpful in that they're really good at representing Red's good traits. Giving her a taste of justice and some sort of spirituality by hanging out with them would be a good thing.
>>
>>47384347
Is he one of those merfolk who can switch between fishy-tail and legs?
>>
>>47384913
Perhaps if he wills it strong enough he might be able to, but normally, no. He usually lumbers, gallops along the ground by his hands or slithers by his tail when not in water, ungodly strength from his oversized body driving him along. Why?
>>
>>47385029
Gives him a huge handicap when it comes to doing things on other planes.
>>
>>47384624
Kithkin are primary white, with secondary green in Lorwyn, and secondary blue in Shadowmoor where all races got their secondary color swapped to one of its opposites.
>>
>>47385331
Do the Kithkin on Lorwyn not have the hive-mind they do on Shadowmoor?
>>
>>47385417
It was less of an hive mind and more of an incredibly strong empathy. Think bees versus ants, maybe?
>>
>>47385453
Huh neat. I didn't think that the change between Lorwyn-Shadowmoor didn't really effect the Kithkin all that much. Guess I was wrong.

Still though, Myrina is lacking red.
>>
>>47385571
They went form happy go lucky to xenofobic nazis, I would call that a pretty radical change.
>>
>>47385593
I meant color wise.
Like I thought they were White/Blue, just that on Shadowmoor White was their problem color and they came to represent some of the worst aspects of that color.
>>
>>47384347
Holy shit font size 2small4me
>>
>>47383288
>mfw I like alt Sonia better
I would probably just read through the sheets and go from there
>>
>>47384347
Can summons even be altered like that by some nameless totally-not-Eldrazi?
Or it just his magic?
>>
>>47386528
I'd assume Magic. As everything is Magic. o__o
>>
File: image.png (3 MB, 2114x1600) Image search: [Google]
image.png
3 MB, 2114x1600
New flake. Tell me what you all think.
>>
>>47386760
Ah, a new joke flake
>>
>>47386777
Stop being dumb.
>>
File: image.png (2 MB, 684x1167) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2 MB, 684x1167
>>47386760
Also, full pic.
>>
>>47386798
I'm not being dumb.
It's a fucking cat
>>
>>47386919
And? We have Dragons, Myrs, Golems and shit that are Planeswalkers. And you think a cat is unreasonable?
>>
>>47386919
Kitties are cute though. Being a cat aside, what do you think of the rest of the bios?
>>
>47320865

I tried to read this, I really did, but my brain just glazed over.
>man
>man
>man
>men
>man
>man
>men
>man

Vary up your nouns, my dude. Examples of things you could have used were attacker, assaulter, guild member, hooded figure, and his companion (for when diomedes knocked one of the attackers into another).
Already describing them as "slithering" out of ravnica, which was evocative and good, you could go further and characterize them in the short time they're alive with things like thug, crony, guttersnipe, and such.

This might sound like nothing but pointless nitpicking but seriously the constant man man man man men man made it actually difficult for me to read and, to boot, bland.
>>
>>47387173

I'm also not used to linking to posts from another thread and fucked it up. This is for the snowflake saga thing.
>>47320865
>>
>>47386919
Useless battle, I'm afraid. People here get incredibly bothered when anyone dislikes a thing.
>>
>>47380748
I appreciate these
>>
File: confused-man1.jpg (153 KB, 1000x608) Image search: [Google]
confused-man1.jpg
153 KB, 1000x608
>>47370741
>choosing flake spells based off of viability and not pure flavor
>>
>>47387221
Or people are tired of Chillbrass senselessly hating on everything just be antagonizing. So, when peeps say something is stupid, a joke, or terrible without reason to why they think that, it becomes pointless that you said anything at all. Not you per se, but a person in general. It's like listening to a little kid say they don't like something just because someone particular made it or because someone particular likes it.

It's just senseless antagonizing without any merit behind it. I think very few people here are opposed to any criticism at all, but criticism that had absolutely no critique to it is just pointless.
>>
>>47362251

+1 should be "up to one target creature" so you can use it on an empty board.

get +X/+X, not gain +X/+X. Aught to be a minus ability, not a 0

Come on dude, I know they're impractical but that's part of what makes planeswalkers not super bonkers. Make a real ultimate.
>>
>>47370741
I have to agree with >>47387333
You can't call cards trash if it's flavorful to the flake. Otherwise all flakes would be Affinity, Sneak & Show, Living Death, and Disciple of the Vault decks for flakes.

And who wants that? I mean seriously. What canon Planeswalker could stand a chance against any of those deck lists based off the spells/abilities they have ever been printed with? None.
>>
>>47387335

That's more fair, but I've seen people get hella antsy and go on hissy fits because people didn't like what they'd made even with reasons behind it.
>>
>>47387418
Also, in fiction and story telling, absolute card power or game strategy isn't followed as exactly, I don't think. It's a bit more loose.
>>
>>47387455
Nah. If you read the books, you'll find that powerful spells come up rarely because it actually takes a great deal of effort to cast them. Not even neowalkers can just sling them around carelessly without some form of aid. Of course, each one is different and is better at casting certain kinds of spells than others.
>>
>>47386738
Don't play smart; everything is magic but not all magic is the same.
In this case does his magic warp any-and-everything he casts?
>>
>>47387553
Guess I should READ THE BOOKS

But in seriousness, yeah, I didn't mean outside of reason. But, a coin flip spell, for instance, sucks on a strategic level in the game of magic the gathering, but certainly wouldn't need to in a narrative. And, say, Force of Will really wouldn't be all too different from Counterspell in terms of "power" in a story.
>>
>>47364937
Wouldn't it make more sense for the Simic to ally with the Selesnya?
Simic at least put some thought into what they are crafting.
>>
>>47387683
Not even in the slightest.

The Selesnya Conclave approves of nature's beauty and believes in a connection with all life. All living beings are precious, with a note to contribute to the Song.

The Simic Combine experiment with nature in the pursuit of bettered life forms, putting science before morals. They have even been known to engineer devastating viruses for research purposes.
>>
>>47387635
Well, concerning Counterspell vs Force of Will.

You'd have to see it in light of capability in lore.

Counterspell just counters a spell. Plain and simple.

While Force of Will causes you to willingly sacrifice one of your own prepared spells to counter a spell that you'd otherwise would t be capable of countering due to any limitations, like not being prepared with a counterspell or your opponent is casting spells too quickly and too rapidly for you to just cast Counterspell over and over again.
>>
>>47387796
Just because they are also unlikely to ally doesn't mean they aren't more likely. Blue and white are more likely to see eye to eye on some things than white and red.

Also, one thing to note is that all green guilds have actually worked together on some initiative to restore some nature to the city, started by Zegana I think. I can't find the source though, but there was some pact they had.
>>
File: FathomMage.jpg (3 MB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
FathomMage.jpg
3 MB, 2560x1600
>>47387796
But both guilds manipulate nature for different reasons, and I feel if you got a more... compassionate Simic leader and less SCIENCE or mercurial-merfolk then the two could work together.
>>
>>47387823
>or your opponent is casting spells too quickly and too rapidly for you to just cast Counterspell over and over again

Literally the Jace vs Exava fight. He's ready to counterspell her, and he does so over and over and over and over until he can find an opening to read her mind.

>>47387835
Simic is an enemy-color guild. Green/Blue.
Selesnya is an ally-color guild. Green/White

While White gets along with Blue for the sake of order, their driving purposes are too different. You would think that they would get along for both being Green, but Selesnya's Green is repulsed by Simic's Blue.
>>
>>47387860
NuSimic is best Simic
>>
>>47387871
But the Selesnya couldn't ally with the other -Green guilds because their White would be repelled by the Golgari Black and the Gruul Red.

For a guild all about making connections they wouldn't mesh well with others.
>>
>>47387916
One thing that you have to understand about Ravnica is that the Guilds don't really get along. Like, hardly at all. It's the driving force behind the plot whenever we go there.

Sometimes they respect certain things about each other, but they are not really on very friendly terms with one another.

To piggyback off of your comment, Selesnya doesn't get along with Golgari because their necromancy is seen as a corruption of life, and they don't get along with the Gruul Clans because their method of bringing back nature is to destroy civilization and take lives in the process.
>>
I might update the snowstorm image at some point. What I have to add to the snowstorm when I get the time/feel like it:
>Elfion, GW Shadowmoor elf
>Winifred, B curse witch
>Ashryn, G elven queen
>Pitch, WUBRG scarecrow
>Narimi, WUBG animancer
>Torbern, UG bear druid
>Sudev, WBR flamekin inquisitor
>Mephiri, R efreet
>Joseph, WUG artificer wizard
>Marau, UBG skeleton sorceress
>Alban, URG charred treefolk
>Desdemona, UB vampire harpy
>Horo, WUR moonfolk samurai
>Tok, WBG fungus monk
>Aeon, UB time wizard
>Ambrosia, WU enchantress
>Sim, <> golem
>The Bookworm, joke flake
>Roman, UBG mad scientist
>Raoki, BG shaman
>Mirabelle, WUR noblewoman
>Kurokami, UB moonfolk mindmage
>Sydhar, URG beast mystic
>Ylia, WR minotaur warmage
>Diorach, BRG elf shaman
>The Cathar, R cathar
>'Mommy', BG spider woman
>Sabratza, RG druidess
>Starke, WBR knight
>Myrina, WRG satyr
>Anastasia, R chaos wizard
>Salem/Kythaela, UB cat and witch duo

Am I missing any of yours? If so, post
>>
>>47387335
Ok, I don't like it because it's two planeswalkers
One is a cat
And that fuck huge biography
>>
>>47388109
It's up to you, but I made the cathar pretty much as a joke to ripoff DOOMGUY.
>>
>>47388045
But some guilds have worked together in the past.
>>
>>47388183
So, Catharguy?
>>
>>47388155
So... You don't like it...

Because there is more than one flake represented.

Because you don't like cats.

And because you don't like reading.

None of that is bad remarks about the bios. Just bad remarks against yourself. Enjoy your life.
>>
>>47388194
Did it last?

I think you know the answer to that question. Whatever Gruul used to be even lost out so hard that it went to shambles and turned barbaric.
>>
>>47388244
Fuck you. I like cats and I don't mind reading but you don't need to put your flakes' life stories in there
That's what the writefagging is for.
You asked why I don't like your flake and I gave you the reasons.
>>
>>47388247
What did Gruul use to be, though? I never happened to read anything about it.
>>
>>47385222
Yeah, fair. He isn't slow, mind you, but he isn't a quick turner and he's FAR from subtle when moving on land, given that he's actually pretty big for a fishman (torso the size of a horse's). Generally, with his means of movement, type of magic, and his winning personality, his advent onto a plane is very rarely unknown about for very long.
>>47386528
>>47387589
It is the magic's nature that alters him. The idea was to invoke Marit Lage with the design of his magic, herself only having control spells in red and blue outside her own, massive, black physical representation, along with all the other scraps of nearly nothing for lore we have on her. The more he calls upon the power, the more he becomes like its progenitor in form and function, giving him more pull over how reality works at the cost of becoming something distinctly unnatural and monstrous in both description and size in the process. Additionally, it's a little misleading when I wrote that it's warping his summons themselves, it's more accurate to say that things other than what he was trying to summon come to his call, rather than what he was intending to summon, allied to the magic he uses and stronger in will than the beasts he was trying to create, supplanting them.
>>
>>47388194
Gruul will probably never get along with Selesnya because they are one of the two guilds who completely fucked Gruul after the guildpact was formed. They used to be the Rangers of Ravnica but that became irrelevant as the city covered the plane.
>>
>>47386760
Cats can't be planeswalkers unless they specifically come from a plane in which they are sapient creatures, due to the fact that only naturally sapient creatures can be born with sparks.

Innistrad is not a plane where cats are naturally sapient creatures, as far as we are aware according to the lore as it exists in its current state.
>>
>>47388247
The Orzhov-Azorius relationship managed to last even after the lost of the first Guildpact.
But even working together however briefly (like the Izzet and Boros did) is a good way of showing that guilds can work together.

And guilds aren't monolithic structures, the way they are run and who they're friendly/enemies with can change from district to district.
>>
>>47388424
Before and for a short time after the signing of the Guildpact, the Gruul Clans were a wild and noble guild charged with maintaining the wild places on Ravnica. They were supposed to keep civilization in check. Civilization and the other nine guilds, however, overran every wild place on the planet. This changed the Gruul. [1
>>
>>47388548
Thanks, though git gud at copypasting, anon.
>>
>>47388424
>>47388548
What this guy is saying, except that he lost control of his copy/pasta.

They were supposed to tend to the wilds and make sure that nature could thrive despite the growing city.
That didn't work out, so they went crazy and started taking back nature by force.
>>
>>47386760
So is the elf a planeswalker on her own?
>>
>>47386760
So this is your fifth flake, right? Or are there any that I've missed?

A list would be nice.
>>
>>47388576
All hail the frog god
>>
>>47388581
Wouldn't that have been rather pointless with the other Green guilds?
Arguably the Simic do more harm then good but I doubt they were as sciency as they are now.
>>
>>47388666
You're arguably wrong on both points.

Each guild was handed one job for the good of the city.
>Azorius: Make the Law.
>Selenya: Be the Spirit of the Law.
>Boros: Uphold the Law.
>Orzhov: Run the banks.
>Golgari: Make sure there's enough food to go around.
>Gruul: Tend the wilds.
>Izzet: Keep the utilities running.
>Simic: Provide medical care.
>Rakdos: Handle heavy labor jobs.
>Dimir: Chose to go underground of their own accord, leading many to believe for the longest time that there were only nine guilds. They continued to contribute to society regardless (though with their own interests in mind) by being librarians, information brokers, and couriers.

In the original Ravnica Block, which took place before the mending, the Simic Combine under Momir Vig was heavily involved in the science of improving being through cytoplastic implants (which is represented through the Graft mechanic). Their methods engineered strange mutants, hybrids, and other forms of artificially-created life. As mentioned previously, they weren't above letting people die in testing viruses that they engineered for their own research or that they were even hired to create.
What the Simic Combine has become under the leadership of the Merfolk is less of creating an an artificial way to rise above natural limits and more of influencing evolution as much as possible in order to reach the desired results.
>>
>>47388343
None of those are actually about the flakes. Except one is a cat. Like there have never been non-human Planeswalkers before. And if you can't read six paragraphs, then maybe forums aren't for you.
>>
>>47388847
>Forum
This is an image board. If you're going to try to take someone else down a peg, at least know your terminology.
>>
>>47388502
Where in his bios does it state that anything that you mentioned is true about Salem?

Does his backstory say that Salem was born with a spark? You seem to think that you are given all the answers when in fact the point of the bios is that there are many unanswered issues.

But, I guess you don't get foreshadowing hints. It's okay though. Not everyone picks up on these things.
>>
>>47388847
>forums

This thread really is turning into cancer.
>>
>>47388591
Correct.

>>47388621
Sixth if you count this flake sheet as two flakes.
>>
>>47388866
>>47388906
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imageboard

If you're going to correct someone, make sure you know what you're talking about. Because you're dead wrong about this not being a forum.
>>
>>47388894
I understand that you do not explain any of these things. You do not explain why a non-sapient creature born without a spark is a planeswalker and you expect us to accept that. I understand that much but I disagree with what you expect.

Why is this cat a planeswalker when cats cannot become planeswalkers according to the canon as it exists in its current state?
>>
>>47389249
I'll explain this in a writefagging.
>>
I need more DIOMEDES!

Possibly with his amazing friends. Actually he works best as a side character who saves and ruins everything.
>>
>>47388954
Doesn't stop it from being utterly cringeworthy, because it's a style of textboard, which is not common in western society and is often related by members of this board to roleplaying forums, which are in most cases deemed as awful. A little tact given the context would be appreciated, even if you're not technically wrong.
>>
>>47389249
Planeswalkers don't have to be sapient, just sentient. But that doesn't give good pretense to animals as planeswalkers, because they typically aren't able to process the kinds of information that allow for interesting, deep characters.
>>
ITT: that one time a cat ruined everything.

I take a day off because I'm sick and this is what happens. Incredible.
>>
>>47389822
> cringeworthy
Sounds like your fedora's feather is getting ruffled. You might want to chill out, sperglord.

> western society
Seriously now. You're going to ruin your fedora feather with that kind of talk.

> role playing forums
And... There it is. Your fedora father just fell out. You just wasted that whole $20 you spent on that fedora... Well, it was wasted already when you spent it on a fedora in the first place.

1) I say forum and instantly think of advice forums, like car forums for example. And you instantly jump to role play forums. You are the cringelord here, buddy.

2) Majority of people on 4chan are westerners and do not automatically associate the word "forum" with your text-based roleplays.

3) No one says "western society" unless they are a weeaboo. Why don't you get off the computer, go out a new feather in your fedora, put on your black trench coat over your mlp shirt and standard cut jeans, grab your katana, and go practice your sick sword skills. I know you only do that on Saturday mornings, but what the hell, treat yourself.
>>
>>47389844
No, being sapient IS a requirement.
The problem is that unfortunately people keep saying 'sentient' when they mean 'sapient'.
You have to be able to truly think to be a walker.
>>
>>47390136
>And you instantly jump to role play forums.
Where do you think we are?
>>
>>47390005
I'm pretty sure a cat and itms Anon didn't ruin this. I believe Chillbrass here >>47389822 >>47388906 >>47388866 >>47388502 >>47388343 >>47388155 >>47386919 >>47386777 is what always ruins this thread. He just shits on everything for no reason other than to cause trouble. And I know one of those replies isn't Chillbrass, but the rest are. He's just a baby and likes getting attention in the most immature way.

Which we've seen countless times in the flake threads.
>>
>>47390165
I'm pretty sure Domri Rade isn't sapient. But, sentient just means you are of enough intelligence to be self aware.
>>
>>47390219
Why is it that everyone who doesn't like a flake due to it not fitting the lore is automatically Chillbrass?
>>
>>47390211
Storytelling isn't roleplaying. Storytelling is only one person controlling the story. While Roleplaying is many people playing roles to act out a story.

So, where do you think we are?
>>
>>47390285
1) That IS Chillbrass.

2) It's not breaking lore. You just don't have the full story and a couple of people are jumping to dumbass conclusions like people aren't intelligent enough to have planned it all out. Just because they are dumb enough to automatically think a planeswalker is born with a spark just because no other alternative was provided, which was on purpose, doesn't mean everyone else is as dumb as they are.

If they can't piece it together, then obviously they are the ones who have a problem. Not the flake's creator.
>>
>>47390285
It's just a shitposter that either chronically doesn't understand MtG and its lore as we interpret it or who has intentionally been pushing everyone's buttons since the very start.

Either ignore it or mock it.
>>
>>47390339
A snowflake's bio should contain information about how it became a planeswalker. A planeswalker's origins are a core part of its story. Literally everything you have written in this snowflake's bio can be summed up as:
>This snowflake is a cat that is a planeswalker and met an elf who is also a planeswalker.
What is this cat's history? How did it gain its spark? Why isn't this information included in the section that has the sole purpose of including this important information about the character's past?

You spend several hundred words writing about nothing rather than telling us about the characters you have made and then chide us for mentioning that the character you have made is implausible, when you haven't shown us any information that would make the character seem plausible.

The burden's on you, not us. Until your flake's sheet adequately explains a few things about your flake's origins, it's inadequately written and breaks the lore.
>>
Sorin will sacrifice himself to trap emrakul in innistrads moon.

You may now return to your flake circle jerk.
>>
>>47390497
>still no black Walker in the jacetice league
If WOTC kills the only walker that is both partially good and partially black, they will show how much they have fucked up.
I still fail to understand why I should see Nahiri as an antihero rather than just a bitch with no sense of right and wrong, too. But she is no black, so she can not be villain, right wotc?
>>
>>47390344
But there's more than one person that dislikes such things. It's not one person.
>>
>>47390457
The bios is exactly that. A bios. Not everything is supposed to be described. And sometimes it's crucial that certain things are a mystery. There are numerous flakes that leave out exactly how they became a planeswalker. Yet, you only oppress myself? You aren't some enforcement committee. So, don't act like every flake has to be exactly the same or that you get to dictate how anons make their flakes.

So, if their origin of their spark's ignition is a "core part" of a planeswalker's story, then how did Jace's spark ignite? How did Nicol Bolas' spark ignite? How did Nahiri, Terferi, Tamiyo, Ashiok, Ugin all have their sparks ignited?
>>
>>47390457
Salem's history is a mystery until I write up a short story for it. And those whom want to know will find out.

How he got the spark is also apart of the short story.

Look how long it was already. You think I should have made it longer? Also, it's good storytelling to keep a mystery.

The bio section isn't "sole purpose is to tell you every detail of something that would ruin a planned writefagging" nor is it "sole purpose is to tell you anything more than a briefing on the character". There is no criteria. Stop acting like you can dictate how other anons write.

Several hundred words? You have to be autistic as all hell.

And it breaks no lore. You just assume it does. Nowhere does the bios say that it was born with a spark or how it was ignited. So, lack of information doesn't mean a definite conclusion. How do you think Game of Thrones would feel if all the characters' origins were provided before the first book and you knew everyone's secret past? Don't be dumb.

If you want to know, then you can find out when I post a writefagging.

But, if you are clever enough, then go back and reread the bios and you might catch the hint towards a vital piece of his history.
>>
Rolled 27 (1d100)

>>47354559
Don't mind me, just need to roll something.
>>
That's another flake to outright ignore.
>>
>>47390136
>fedora this, fedora that

What are you on about?
>>
>>47392754
> cringeworthy from the use of the word "forum"
> roleplay forum
> western society
All terms used for a fedora wearing autist.
>>
>>47392914
o ok
>>
>>47390820
It's amazing how you can type so much and say so little.
>>
>>47393275
You've never read Tolkien before.

Also, I got quite a bit said about Salem. Something about the lab is the key to his past. The fact that he didn't really understand that he was a cat and how people treat cats. The fact that simple everyday things can be life changing events to him. How traveling through the blind eternities is experienced by him. How he met his current host/companion. A little preview of his capabilities. And what he seeks out.

How is that not quite a bit of information? Just because the time represented wasn't a lot, doesn't mean a lot wasn't conveyed. I think some people really need to read some Tolkien.
>>
>>47394800
>You've never read Tolkien before.
>Gaia anon raises hand
OH OH! Pick me! I've read Tolkien before!

>Off to the fag corner for me
>>
>>47395151
>Des-chan waves a hand to Gaia-chan
Yay! I'm glad someone has a taste for long winded life stories of each branch in Tolkien's depictions. :3
>>
Hey, is Nishal/Iosha anon around?
>>
>>47396356
sup brev?
>>
>>47396542
Can I post the first few paragraphs of Nishal and Iosha's intro into the Spider mom tale and get your feedback?
>>
>>47396603
I don't see why not
>>
>>47396743
Okey-doke. Here's a preview then.

_______

In the days following, while Iosha labored on the ship, Nishal often found he had too much time on his hands. Sure, he ran errands for his friend when he could, but the stubborn artificer much preferred to work on her “baby” alone. Nishal was not offended. He knew she was proud of her work, and a fine work it was. She was right to be a tad protective of the inter-planar marvel. So instead, the leonin spent his time becoming acquainted with the winding streets of Ravnica. What a fascinating plane this was! Literally every street corner held a new oddity, every alley was a door to a new world. Each market held its own scents, sights, sounds, and cultures. The ten guilds all had their own unique take on existence, and while a fight between two or more guilds was not terribly uncommon, most conflicts ended quickly enough and (with Nishal’s occasional intervention) with no serious casualties to account for. It was marvelous, in its own way. The city itself seemed alive. And when Nishal was not wandering the streets, taking in the sights, he could always count on Del’s.

Del’s was an equally peculiar place. Full of small jokes, boisterous guests, and the finest cooking this side of Ravnica, it felt oddly secure and insulated to Nishal. If ever he wanted to escape the barely controlled insanity of the streets, he would take some time away from it all and just sit down to a fine bowl of soup make by his new planeswalker friend. This was one such evening.

The setting was calm. Del the weird was wiping down the counter, putting just the slightest touch of magic in his strokes. And Nishal was lounging tranquilly in a booth, legs outstretched and arms tucked comfortably behind his head. For the moment, no one else was in the small shop. Nishal had nearly drifted off to sleep, when a bell chime nudged him awake. It was only the doorbell. Someone had come into the shop at this late evening hour.
>>
>>47396788
I love it.
Is there more ready right now, or are you still working on the rest of it?
>>
>>47396841
There's a little more, but only a paragraph or so. I'm still working through it, but I wanted to make sure I got Nishal's tone-of-voice correct. I've been having some serious writer's block about it the last few days.
>>
>>47388841
I know this post is old, but I think Gruul and Selesnya are wrong, same with Rakdos a bit.

Gruul was meant to keep civilization from completely overtaking nature, but Simic and Selesnya both took over Gruul's duties. Selesnya became the ones tending the wilds, with Simic looking out for its future.
Gruul's the exact opposite of Dimir. It's an official guild, but doesn't really have any official duties.
Keep in mind that Gruul's more Naya than it is Jund or Temur.

Rakdos is really vague. It does manual labor, but also catering, murder, parties, arson, entertainment, jaywalking, and is technically a religion.
>>
>>47396909
I'm not talking about stuff that the guilds do on their own though. I'm talking about the specific duty each of them was in agreement for and held to for the sake of the city by the Guildpact. Everybody had one job as a civic duty.
>>
>>47396982
Oh. Well, ignore my ramblings, then.
>>
>>47396841
>>47396872
Here's the little more I've got. I plan on it being 1-2 pages longer than this.

_____

“Evenin’, stranger! Welcome to Del’s,” the weird bellowed cheerfully. Nishal could hear Del lumber out from behind the counter to greet the new guest.

The leonin yawned and stretched, his gaping lion’s maw showing off his deadly fangs. He scratched behind an ear and peered out at the stranger with a weary eye. The figure was heavily cloaked, so Nishal could not quite make out its features. But the long reptilian tail poking out from behind its robes was a dead giveaway that he could rule out any humanoid race. The stranger nodded to Del, the big weird eagerly welcoming him.

“Normally I don’t take new customers at such a late hour, but I’ve got a good feeling about you, friend!” Del reached out with a "hand" to grasp the stranger's, and shook it warmly.

‘There he goes again’, Nishal thought, ‘buttering up the guests. Making them feel at home.’ He smiled and chuckled to himself. Del was a most excellent salesman.
>>
File: 1443314731246.png (314 KB, 563x415) Image search: [Google]
1443314731246.png
314 KB, 563x415
>>47396788
>>47397089
>all this Del love
>>
>>47396909
I thought Rakdos evolved into art?
Right like all we see is the gory parties but I imagine they're also the opera singers and tormented artists.... Those just aren't as interesting as the edgy demon worshippers.

And how are the Gruul like the Naya?
>>
>>47397211
>And how are the Gruul like the Naya?

I know Domri first 'walked there, but I was honestly hoping nobody would call me on that. I don't even know where I pulled that from.
>>
>>47394800
For 4 lines, the rest is you saying it's a mystery over and over or calling me retarded
>>
>>47397211
the Gruul are like Naya because they're very heavily based in community and togetherness in their clans, and because they value strength and power over most other things while still placing value on wisdom and knowledge.

At least, that's what I got from the UR story about Domri's ingition.
>>
>>47397313
Domri is different from your standard Gruul.
I believe that his clan still had a follower from old-times, before Ravnica was a giant city.
>>
>The Boss' spark ignites
>How fucked is the multiverse?
>>
Would anyone be interested in me writefagging about my flake plane kind of like an uncharted realms story?
>>
>>47399264
I can dig it
>>
What are your flake's themesongs?
The Cathar
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbLQhzsJG0A
Starke
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqK0-kslu4Y
though he is based off the entire album
>>
>>47387117
The rest of the bio is a confusing mess and could be summed up in fewer sentences if the anon cared to. Cats do tend to be adorable, but not mindslaving cats.
>>
In Fiction
would something like Naturalize or Vandal Blast work on parts of buildings? Or would you need spells geared towards land destruction?
>>
>>47400961
I imagine that a Vandalblast couldn't take a building (though it would probably do the kind of destruction to it that would be worth several years of wear if you Overload it. You know, like making a perfectly good building look dilapidated). That's a destructive force.

Naturalize is fairly small-scale, focusing on changing a single thing that is unnatural (whether that be artifact or enchantment). Rather than destroying the object though, it seems to behave in a manner like nature reclaiming something, or else as nature replacing something. A building is rather large and probably needs something of a larger scale.
>>
>>47401101
Ok, because I was thinking of doing a scene which would essentially be
>My Machine is indestructible, you fool!
>>Yeah, but the floor isn't.
>>
>>47401120
I wouldn't pick Naturalize to break part of a floor.

Use Vandalblast. It's proven powerful enough to break statues.
>>
File: Samurai.jpg (85 KB, 723x1024) Image search: [Google]
Samurai.jpg
85 KB, 723x1024
>>47401158
Cool, here's a part of my story involving Symon and Anna if someone could give feedback
There was fighting going on all around her, and Anna wasn't quite sure why she was participating in this coup. She ducked under a partially collapsed archway to get into what one might call a castle as she recounted the activities leading up to this point. She'd gone to Belloski for some work in exchange for him digging up information on her past and, several times getting figuratively screwed later (because like hell she'd let the screwing be literal), he delivered the name of a plane currently embroiled in a civil war. So she had gone to Asimdea, landing in some area near the coast where she was immediately and unfortunately caught up in the fighting on the rebels' side of things. Agreeing to help them free the city in exchange for helping her with her identity issues only caused more problems as she met a planeswalking samurai who gave her a long speech about how Asimdea is both of their original homes, and that they had a duty to free it from its tyrant. With a unfortunate promise under her belt, she made her way towards the capital of Asimdean with Symon at her side... oh yeah, she also called Symon in because misery loves company. She also called Murdock over but hadn't seen the girl in quite a while, not that Anna blamed her if she did bail.
“So,” Symon broke her train of thought as they made their way through the fighting happening in the castle, “Talo's supposed to secure the courtyard, should we wait for her to join us or go ahead?” So that was her name, Anna really hadn't been paying attention when Talo introduced herself.
“Let's go on and get whatever we need to finished, faster we overthrow the king, faster I learn who I am.” She told him and gave him a thumbs up. She failed to mention that she thought Talo would have some speech about how he failed his land and she just wanted to press the skip button on that whole cutscene.
>>
>>47401205
“I know who you are,” Symon told her as they approached impractically large doors that she could only assume meant 'Throne Room', She looked at him with some curiosity. “You're Anna,” he told her, “an explorer, mercenary, and somewhat decent person.”
“Oh,” she said acting like she was emotionally moved by that, “that's so sweet.” She put her hand on the door.
“Who sometimes leaves notes in the back of ruins filled with Baloths, but that's why I said somewhat.” He pushed the other very large door as they both went through.
“You said it wasn't a problem, but you still seem fixated on that one incident.”
“One,” he asked, “you think that only happened once?”
Nikita laughed and was about to respond when a raspy voice interrupted the two of them. “Nikita,” oh right, the king, she assumed it was the bald man with a massive red beard hooked up to an enormous machine against the wall. “It's so good to see you again.” She stared at him, drawing a blank on him. “I know what you're thinking, 'Why doesn't he look like he's seen a ghost?'” She was in fact, not thinking that... though he might have been talking to Symon for some reason.
“Do you know him?” She whispered to her companion.
“No,” Symon responded in kind.
“Excuse me,” She raised her hand before the bald man could continue, “am I supposed to know you? I mean, it seems like you are trying to do some kind of banter and I don't have much experience with that.” Given that most of her opponents seemed to be angry ghosts or people too edgy to talk.
“Oh,” delight came to his eyes and he sat up, “oh this is rich! You don't remember a single thing, do you, Nikita?” She nodded as she crossed her arms across her chest, glad that Marion chose to call her Anna. “Well, those dirty rebels are trying to bring ruin to our fair land, Nikita, and, oh I was just heartbroken when I lost track of you but now that you're back: we can win this war!"
>>
>>47401217
“Anna,” Symon muttered under his breath.
“Sounds like bullshit?” She asked him
“Yeah, sounds like it.” He responded. “Hey, King Ulub?” Was that his name.
“Yes?” he responded and Anna felt that she needed to work on paying attention when people were talking.
“I'm sure you have a deep connection with Anna, but the thing is: we're here to depose you.” Symon said, attempting to break the news gently.
“Anna?” Ubul leaned forward, well as far as the tubes and wires would let him. “Is that what they're calling you now?” He croaked laughter. “Looks like I'll have to beat you and wipe your mind if you're going to try and overthrow me. I don't know where you've been hiding, but I'm about to find out.” Anna could feel the mana getting dense in the room.
“If you know me, I'm sure you know what kind of magic I use, you aren't going to win, Ulub,” she warned him, or rather tried to intimidate him. She reached in her pocket, and using the bond she formed with the coastal town on this city shot a spark of mana into a ring of pure gold, causing it to start thrumming with power.
“You must be slow if you think you're going to use magic to defeat me,” He laughed as a sharp pain went through Anna's mind and she found her bond had been severed, “I control all the leylines in the world thanks to my throne, You can't use magic to defeat me, Nikita, I AM MAGIC!” He hit her in the chest with a lightning bolt with that dramatic declaration.
“Are you alright, Anna?” Symon asked, going over to her.
“Yeah, Nikita, are you alright?” Ulub mocked her.
She held her chest where the bolt struck as she began tapping into the bonds she had on other planes, seeing if he would be able to sever those bonds. “That Throne,” she said standing up, “it lets you control the mana?”
“Are you stupid? It connects me to the ley lines, and now that the sacred beasts are subjugated under my power, nothing can stop me.”
>>
>>47401236
Monsters began forming from the Aether in the room. “You might as well give up now, save yourself a lot of suffering.”
“Nah,” she declined as she used her mana bonds to bring forth a form obscured by a column of ice, “I'm not one to do the easy thing.”
“Anna, we need to talk about where you get your summons one day.” Symon told her and Ulub let another burst of magic rake across the two of them.
“You don't get it, do you?” He yelled at her “I control the mana, ME!” Anna made sure to grimace when the wave hit her, even though she felt nothing more than a light push. “Maybe if I deprive all of your friends outside and kill them, you'll see your folly!” More mana flooded the room as a giant dragon materialized above them.
“Symon, now!” she hoped he had some magic ready since she had spent all over her blue mana but still had some bonds to the mountains of Zendikar she hadn't exploited yet. Symon threw a counterspell through the air towards the beast.
“Really?” Ulub shouted and slammed his fist, firing a spell of his own to interrupt Symon, but Anna used her red magic to reverberate Ulub's spell and counter it with itself. The Dragon dissipated before it could ever fully materialize. “You think you're so goddamn clever! Lets see how you deal with this!” Though her ice column was able to protect her from one of the little monsters he sent after them, but the rest were able to cut up her and Symon.
“Anna,” Symon panted and began to summon something but she put up her hand.
“It's just going to be bad news for you if you do,” she assured him and made some more bonds, “just focus on the big thing right now.” She pointed to the throne that was supposedly the source of his power.
>>
>>47401339
“Oh,” she looked to Symon and said with a deriding tone, “he doesn't know.” She looked back to Ulub with a smile and approached him holding her hands out. She was worried it wouldn't work, but decided to go for a mocking tone on the outside, hoping he wouldn't gut her but would try to cast more spells. “You see, you already severed my ONE mana bond on this plane, I'm getting all of the mana I need from other planes of existence.”
“What?” He seemed angered by that prospect, “that's babble, foolishness! THIS is the world!”
“No, it's not,” she said, “I walk between them for kicks, so does he.” She pointed to Symon with her thumb. “So does the self righteous Samurai cutting through all of your minions downstairs.”
“That's impossible,” he yelled, clearly enraged by her statements and lobbed a fireball at her which turned to mist with a wave of Anna's hand, “you clearly have some leylines hidden from me somewhere, but no matter.” He was trying to calm himself town. “I'll kill you, then I'll find them and kill your friends.
“Not really,” she shrugged, “You're just a shitty fish in a small pond, Ulub. I come from the ocean.”
“Fish this!” He sent his two large creatures charging towards her and Anna threw an axe made of lighting threw one's face before turning to the other and loosing a fiery blast made from her shouting.
She looked Ubul straight in the eyes “Glub Glub, motherfucker.”

That is All I have for now.
>>
File: ANGERFISH.png (63 KB, 247x280) Image search: [Google]
ANGERFISH.png
63 KB, 247x280
>>47400119
Ka'koarm:
A little this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrJgmB83w_Q
and a little of this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvF9PAxe5Ng
>>
File: walk.jpg (282 KB, 1500x523) Image search: [Google]
walk.jpg
282 KB, 1500x523
>>47400119
Vanilla Messenger: [NULL]
Efficient: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5V0kzLYkYTM
Heroic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sX_54hHcEE
Emissary: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8LZruXvong

Since people just cant see Messenger as a threat, might as well go this route.
>>
>>47401810
So, like, myr can compress into little ball/egg shaped pods, are you suggesting with these music pics that Messenger compresses into a pokeball?
>>
>>47402011
Please no. I honestly chose the music because of the music itself fitting, ignoring the origin of the music. I'd prefer that the monster collecting flakes in these threads dont try to stuff Messenger to their pocket.
>>
>>47397261
None of that is calling you anything. There is only one line referencing to a mystery. What exactly are you going on about??
>>
>>47400292
1) All cats are mindslaving by nature. Their crap contains bacteria that spreads around an area and causes other creatures to actually enjoy being around cats. The longer you are around a cat, the more you will be susceptible to having more and more cats around. This why cat ladies are so crazy. Of you don't believe me, look it up.

2) None of it is confusing. If you're confused, then that is a you problem. Not a written problem. And no, none of it could have been summed up in fewer words unless it not longer becomes a story. It would literally become "he did this" "this happened" "he did this" "this happened" "and now he wants to do this". And that's not interesting in the slightest. Don't try to degrade something mere because your not like to read.
>>
>>47402755
Now I heed this. Pokèmyr battles!
>>
time to find out which walker gets a card next
>>
Rolled 42 (1d119)

>>47404569
forgot to roll
>>
File: Kharan Ancestral Hunter.jpg (39 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Kharan Ancestral Hunter.jpg
39 KB, 375x523
here's an initial mockup of the PW card for Kharan

thoughts?
>>
>>47404740
BW spirit token not having flying is weird.
Second ability would have cleaner wording using X, where X is the number of creatures you control, in my opinion.
Scrap the ultimate and make a better one. Also, you don't gain emblems, you get them.
>>
>>47402809
Not trying to make this personal, but is English not your first language?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 34

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.