[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: cool stuff >fireworks being used as combat/utility items
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4
File: snapdragon.jpg (108 KB, 592x1000) Image search: [Google]
snapdragon.jpg
108 KB, 592x1000
ITT: cool stuff

>fireworks being used as combat/utility items
>>
>>47352431
Like how? What's the damage done by a firework?
>>
>>47352557
Depends on the firework.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/equipment---final/weapons/alchemical-weapons
This has a few for pathfinder

Fire, blinding, deafening, and dazzling effects, p cool.
>>
File: Mysorean Rockets.jpg (146 KB, 616x423) Image search: [Google]
Mysorean Rockets.jpg
146 KB, 616x423
>>47352431
>rockets that are actually good in battle, but also have an impressive display like fireworks
Yes, those are swords fixed to the end of the rockets. Yes, that was historically a thing, and yes, it worked quite well in the 1700s and 1800s.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mysorean_rockets
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Congreve_rocket
>>
File: Rocket 2.jpg (37 KB, 621x356) Image search: [Google]
Rocket 2.jpg
37 KB, 621x356
>>47352557
>Like how? What's the damage done by a firework?
Generally, the folks who were in charge of blackpowder were in charge of all its applications - incendary weapons, mines and cannons.

>>47353298
That's a shitty illustration. The surviving examples used the swords as sticks and developed their terror when they inevitably began to spin.

They basically launched a few hundred whirling, burning swords at the British and their troops.
>>
>>47353852
>They basically launched a few hundred whirling, burning swords at the British and their troops.

I should start suggesting those rockets whenever we have one of those "I want interesting non-modern weapons" threads. Because that's freaking awesome.
>>
>>47352431
I actually had the idea a while back to play as a rogue that bluffs the entire game that he's a wizard, with absolutely no magical talent.

He would hide fire crackers in his sleeves, and fire them like magic missiles, and all of his "magic" would just be smoke and mirrors and really good deception.
Never got a chance to play him.
>>
>>47354741
I remember reading a webcomic with a similar premise, with the protagonist hiding some flamethrower in his robe and pretending to be a wizard. Side Quests, I think it was called.
>>
>Fireworks deal light-based damage
>Fireworks thus deal extra damage to undead

Has anyone ever done this?
>>
Signal rockets were absolutely a thing.
>>
File: Scan-130530-0001.jpg (37 KB, 746x660) Image search: [Google]
Scan-130530-0001.jpg
37 KB, 746x660
>>47354688

Early blackpowder weapons were pretty fun as well, though those missiles don't really belong to that class.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.