[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>the goddess of peace and love turns heroes and extremely
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
>the goddess of peace and love turns heroes and extremely worthy people into her avatars
>they become extensions of her in both body and soul
>their original forms and identities are like shadows and dreams to them
>goddess has been doing this for centuries

Pretty sure this classifies as evil by D&D standards, but I dunno.
>>
File: Alignments are dumb.png (43 KB, 480x460) Image search: [Google]
Alignments are dumb.png
43 KB, 480x460
>>47348739
Here's you reply, I even included a picture.

On the off chance this isn't bait, even though I'm 95% sure it is, it's commonly accepted by everyone old enough to actually be on this board that alignments are an awful concept that needs to be done away with entirely, as well as every mechanic relying on them that can't be easily house-ruled into something functional.
>>
>>47348739
If she loved them, she'd let them be themselves.
>>
>>47348780
I'm not entirely sure what alignments are even used for in DnD these days aside from quickly describing monsters and intelligent items
>>
Seems sort of vain and body-snatchy to fall under the "love" domain
>>
>>47348739
I always figured Gods and Goddesses have protagonist based morality with them themselves defining what is good and evil, even when hypocritical. Especially when it's hypocritical.
>>
>>47348739
That'd depend on if it was voluntary. Do people enter worship of her with the knowledge they can practically be erased in order to become her avatars? Does she ask them if they're willing to make that sacrifice?
>>
This.
And being goddess of love, she should know this.
Make you wonder how "worthy" these people really are, no?
>>
>>47348739
Guess it's time to become a villain then.
>>
A god who changes mortals without their consent would rapidly lose followers and fall from grace.
A small, mind controlled cult isn't going to win you over the 99% of mortals who are not heroes. And the nearly all-powerful god of farming will hand you your own ass once you're busted back to celestial paragon just for fucking with free will.
>>
>>47349344
>A god who changes mortals without their consent would rapidly lose followers and fall from grace.
Mortals don't have any idea what gods do for the most part and they certainly aren't about to be savvy to the reason every badass they know is on her side. This is honestly the easiest way ever to get followers, when all the heroes sing your praises the masses will follow.
>>
>>47349313
Is there a reason you think love can't be evil?
>>
>>47349480
Probably because it's not love if you want to hurt someone.

Evil people can still love (hardly, but they can... I think) but love can't be evil.
>>
>>47349470
>and they certainly aren't about to be savvy to the reason every badass they know is on her side
I'd think "transformation into an avatar" isn't exactly subtle.
In any case, they would not be able to touch the champion of other gods without igniting a war in heaven.
>>
>>47349480
"Hyde isn't evil. Hyde is love. And love is monstrous; someone in love will do anything - ANYTHING - for those he loves."

From the BBC show Jekyll.
>>
>>47349070
They determine what spells certain classes can use (mostly clerics/oracles) and bonus damage/damage reduction for "Smite Good/Evil/Lawful/Chaotic" and "Protect from Good/Evil/Chaotic/Lawful".
>>
>>47349344
Who says it's without consent
She could tell the what she wants and they could agree
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.