[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can anyone recommend me a game where the players play as the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: kingconan.jpg (239 KB, 900x1167) Image search: [Google]
kingconan.jpg
239 KB, 900x1167
Can anyone recommend me a game where the players play as the rulers of a nation and need to make decision on resource management and foreign relations?
I'm thinking something along the lines of a Sid Meier's Civilization rpg.
>>
>>47348146
Potentially GoT
>>
It's apoc setting but I'm settling down to GM a game of Mutant: Year Zero. Players play as the first generation of mutants to be born in the wasteland, barely scraping by a living trying to balance food, culture, technology and warfare advancement projects.

Check it out, a lot of fun
>>
File: brlogo.gif (68 KB, 417x243) Image search: [Google]
brlogo.gif
68 KB, 417x243
>>47348146

GoT's the most recently published thing that comes to mind.

Exalted allows for army management, but doesn't have much when concerning resource management

If your group is attached to DnD, you could always dig up Birthright from 2nd Edition Advanced Dungeons and Dragons.

Otherwise if you want a sci-fi setting, you could try Star Without Number. It might be a bit sparse on resource management, but you got units and money.
>>
>>47348217

Do not use Birthright 2e. Its domain management system is a mess. There is more detail on precisely why here: >>47314617
>>
>>47348257
With all shortcomings so meticulously recorded it won't be hard to actually fix that mess.
>>
>>47348207
Doesn't really sound like what I'm looking for but it could be fun. I'll check it out.

>>47348167
>>47348217
I assume your talking about the Song of Ice and Fire rpg. It's not totally what I'm after but I could see it working. Thanks for the suggestion.

I was mostly hoping for something where the players aren't so much playing as characters but almost playing the nation itself.
>>
Reign, 100% OP. All others are pretenders to the throne.
>>
>>47348146
Burning Wheel probably has something, but I've only played Torchbearer and Mouseguard (derivative versions), so I don't know for sure.

Reign (pretty sure it's a One Roll Engine game) has a 'company management' section which will probably do what you want. FYI: "company" means like 'mercenary company' or 'medieval army', so don't let it throw you off.

FATE has some guidelines in the GM's section, which would probably work. FATE being FATE, it's pretty easy to mod the fuck put of it to do what you want.
>>
Reign uses onerollengine, so if that's your thing it works well. Its also not hard to pick up if you've never heard of it.

An Echo Resounding is OSR better Birthright (labyrinth lord I think, but the idea is its easy to convert).

Kingdom is more narrative based, low crunch, but works really well if everyone's on a similar enough page.
>>
ACKS
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.