[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
False Dendrite Quest 170
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 27
File: circle.jpg (39 KB, 300x218) Image search: [Google]
circle.jpg
39 KB, 300x218
My name is Cecile, and I'm sixteen years old. I already thought my life was odd, what with my parents having moved halfway across the country for their new job and leaving me in the care of my older sister... but then my best friend went and had a book shipped to my house that ended up giving me superpowers.

Irene's here and Theresa's here and it looks like we're all set to do something about a certain thieving asshole. Here's hoping that things actually turn out well.

>Thread archive:
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?searchall=false+dendrite+quest

>Branches known thus far:
http://pastebin.com/9SQy7UhL

>Twitter:
https://twitter.com/QM_Archelon

>Ask thing:
http://maouzenigame.tumblr.com/

>Game production blog:
https://studioarchelon.wordpress.com/
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
File: cecile_decu4.png (165 KB, 1000x700) Image search: [Google]
cecile_decu4.png
165 KB, 1000x700
Irene places a handful of GPS beacons on the couch, and the rest of us take one just in case things go south and we find ourselves separated from the others. AFter that's all taken care of, we take a few minutes to work out where everyone will be-

Theresa will hold onto the real Loki in her free hand while I make a decoy that'll take his place on his perch on Shary's head.

Irene will be off to the side, holding Theresa's hand until the bait is taken.

Gabrielle is going to just sit on the other couch, well out of the line of fire since none of us wants her to get directly involved in this. And since I'm not supposed to be in an active combat role here, I'm going to be sitting with her.

And I guess Charlotte's just going to be pacing around since there's no way she's able to sit still at a time like this.

>positioning sounds good
>wait, but maybe we should move someone around...
>>
>>47344437
>positioning sounds good
>>
>>47344437
>positioning sounds good
>>
>>47344437
>>positioning sounds good
>>
>>47344437
>>positioning sounds good
>>
>>47344437
>positioning sounds good

It begins
>>
>writing
>>
Rolled 16 (1d20)

>>47345029
STRIKE
>>
File: cecile_decu3.png (167 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
cecile_decu3.png
167 KB, 600x600
"Everyone ready?" Theresa calls out.
"Ready!" Gabrielle chirps.
"Ready," Charlotte nods.
"Whenever you are," Irene replies.

I simply nod.

"Okay, then..." Theresa takes a deep breath. "Cecile, the lights!"
"Gotcha!"

With a snap of my fingers, I stop just about all light movement within the entire suite, only allowing just enough for me and Charlotte to see. During that period of time, I hurry over to Theresa and place Loki in her spare arm while everyone else gets into position.

And once everything's set, I switch the focus of my control from this whole room to just the small area around Shary. And as the light returns to the room, there's also a little extra thing in place- a duplicate of Loki, just as we planned.

With everything set up, now all there is left to do is wait.

>[1/?]
>>
>>47345734
how do i shot turtle destruction wave

?
>>
Oh sweet, I actually caught the thread this time.
>>
>>47346002
Lol no you didn't.
>>
>>47346052
You're right, but also wrong. It's a bit strange, but trust me on this one.
>>
>>47346075
roll a d20 , add your persuasion modifier, to determine if I trust you
>>
Rolled 4 (1d20)

>>47346098
This should go well, in one way or another.
>>
File: charlotte_121642.jpg (573 KB, 877x1786) Image search: [Google]
charlotte_121642.jpg
573 KB, 877x1786
>>47345734
>[2/2]

While we wait, I have my Loki hologram look around, flap his nondamaged wing... I guess if Faceless is watching then this might also serve to make it looks more real, but I'm mainly doing this just to pass the time. Because CHRIST is it boring to just sit here and watch Charlotte pace a hole into the floor.

"How funny would it be if he didn't show up at all?" Gabrielle sighs. "Like getting all of us all riled up like this just to troll us."
"Don't even joke like that," Charlotte growls.

>I dunno, I wouldn't complain
>I'd be pissed too
>>
>>47346132
You forgot to add your modifier you retard.

Anyway, 4 does not pass the DC, and I do not trust you.
>>
>>47346142
I agree with Gabrielle.

That would be pretty epic.

Especially in a meta sense, because if you spend this many threads setting up to respond to a threat, and then no threat lmao you just wasted 5 threads, it interferes with the players' expectations something fierce.

So I agree with gabby. It'd be amusing.
>>
>>47346142
>I'd be pissed too

Him not showing up means we wasted all this time prepping, but can't even relax since he still might show up later.
>>
>>47346142
>I dunno, I wouldn't complain
>>
>>47346145
This is an anonymous image board. Persuasion modifiers don't really apply in this space.

And you probably shouldn't trust me anyway. Maybe.

>>47346142
>I'd be pissed too
Better to get this done now than risk more enemy action.
>>
>>47346142
>>I'd be pissed too
>>
>>47346142
>I'd be pissed too
>>
>>47346142
>"How funny would it be if he didn't show up at all?" Gabrielle sighs. "Like getting all of us all riled up like this just to troll us."
I told you about that bank.
>>
>writing
>>
File: gabrielle_hinomars.jpg (6 MB, 1728x2461) Image search: [Google]
gabrielle_hinomars.jpg
6 MB, 1728x2461
"I'd be really pissed if we spent all this time preparing and worrying about him trying something only for him to have been screwing with us all this time," I say. "And we couldn't even relax since there's always the chance of him showing up later."
"Exactly," Charlotte replies. "I'm sick of all of this and I just want it to END already. I don't think I'd be able to take much more of this."
"Sorry," Gabrielle pouts. "Shary thinks that it'd be stupid too, soWAAAAA-"

Before I'm even able to react, a pair of gloved hands jut out from the back of the couch, grab Gabrielle, and pull her back through it.

"GABRIELLE!!" both me and Charlotte shriek.

>[1/?]
>>
>>47346648
IT BEGINS
>>
>>47346648
>Inb4 Faceless intended to steal Gabby all along
>>
File: aXm3EOW.png (929 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
aXm3EOW.png
929 KB, 1280x720
>>47346648
>[2/2]

Charlotte lunges at the spot of the couch next to me where Gabrielle was pulled through, but all she manages to accomplish is ripping a hole through the thing.

"He..." Charlotte begins to hyperventilate. "He took my sister. HE TOOK MY SISTER!! I'LL KILL HIM!!"
"Oh Christ..." Scared that I'll be next, I leap up from the couch. "I can't believe that he'd actually-"
"Cecile, wait a minute!" Theresa calls out.

She motions her head towards the other couch.

"She hasn't gone far, that doll's still here!" Theresa shouts.
"Oh shit, you're right!" I gasps. "Charlotte!"

I point at Shary.

"Look, she's still-"
"S... so she's still somewhere in the hotel..."

Tears of relief well up in Charlotte's eyes, but then her expression quickly twists into one of pure rage.

>try to calm the charlotte down
>he gon get it
>>
>>47346848
>try to calm the charlotte down

Focus Charlotte. He's just trying to pick us off like he did with the guards.
>>
>>47346848
>>try to calm the charlotte down
>>
>>47346848
>>try to calm the charlotte down
>>
>writing
>>
That grabbing Gabby from behind the couch reminds me of a couple of horror movie bits. It never ends well for the victim. She's likely soon to be dead
>>
File: gabrielle_keichan411.png (911 KB, 1200x1100) Image search: [Google]
gabrielle_keichan411.png
911 KB, 1200x1100
The low rumble of both Charlotte and Milla's combined growling shakes the entire floor. And although she (thankfully) hasn't turned into that monster form again, she's still looking scary as hell right now.

"Gabrielle..." Charlotte snarls. "I swear, if that man has-"
"Charlotte," I grab her hand. "C'mon, you need to focus. Remember what I told you before? This is what he does."
"........."

As she squeezes my hand back, Charlotte's features begin to soften somewhat.

"I didn't think he'd do that to Gabrielle," I say, "but he must only want the two of us around for this."
"Or just me," Charlotte replies.

Damn, she's right. There's no guarantee that he wants me around to-

BOOM BOOM BOOM

"Wha!?"

I dart my head towards that banging sound... and it's coming from the bedroom door?

"Charlotte!" a muffled voice calls out. "I can't open the door!"

>I need to let the gabrielle out
>tell the gabrielle to stay put
>have the charlotte get the gabrielle out
>>
>>47347320

If we let her back in he's just going to shove her further away. I'd rather have her somewhere we can at least hear her.
>>
>>47347320
>>tell the gabrielle to stay put
>>
>>47347320
>>
>writing
>>
>>47347320
>I need to let the gabrielle out
>>
File: gabrielle_langod.jpg (856 KB, 1200x1250) Image search: [Google]
gabrielle_langod.jpg
856 KB, 1200x1250
"Just stay put, okay?" I call out. "You're not hurt, are you?"
"No, I'm fine but the door's stuck and I dunno if I can bust it down!" Gabrielle shouts back.

Charlotte looks like she's about ro cry.

"Thank God," she mutters while placing a hand over her eyes. "Gabrielle, Cecile's right! Just stay where you are for now!"
"'Kay..."

Man, I don't know what I would do if he actually took Gabrielle for reals. And Charlotte would freak out FOR SURE and there's no doubt that this would be enough for their father to get involved...

Christ this is a mess.

>[1/?]
>>
File: 1460707758056.jpg (47 KB, 474x479) Image search: [Google]
1460707758056.jpg
47 KB, 474x479
>>47347550
>"'Kay..."
>>
>>47347550
>[2/2]

"Bonsoir, mes belles~" a man's voice calls out. "I see that all three of you saw fit to dress up for our rendezvous, eh?"
"You!"

There he is, leaning against the corner of the far side of the room where he's safely out of reach.

"Faceless," Charlotte roars.
"Pardonnez-moi for the rough treatment of your adorable sister, but I desired a more intimate audience for this caper. Surely you understand, yes?"

>how do I respond?
>>
>>47347657
>We just dress this fancy normally
>>
>>47347727
I'll support it.
>>
>>47347657
Well the guy clearly likes showboating so let's keep him distracted by giving him the attention. You-won't-get-away-with-this-es and you'll-pay-for-this-es and so on.
>>
>>47347657
I WANT MY CACTUS BACK!
>>
>>47347806
Has he remember to water it?
>>
>writing
>>
File: faceless_keichan411.png (1 MB, 1600x1680) Image search: [Google]
faceless_keichan411.png
1 MB, 1600x1680
"It's normal for us to dress this fancy," I spit back at him. "Nobody would get dressed up just for some shitty burglar."
"Well either way it's a treat for my eyes," Faceless laughs.

remove it

remember what it took from you

"I want my cactus back," I say through gritted teeth.
"Hahaha, surely you can't be serious?" Faceless cackles. "Ma cherie, that which is stolen is never returned. Not even if it's at the request of one as lovely as yourself."

remove it

"Et maintenant..."

With a flip of his cape, Faceless begins to saunter towards us.

"This will go a lot easier for you if you would move out of my way," he says. "Le corbeau est à moi."

Both Charlotte and Milla bare their fangs at him.

"Just try it," she growls.

>I will stick to the plan and only act when it's time to spring the trap
>I will back the charlotte up here
>>
>>47348044
>>
>>47348044

It's gonna look weird if we just do nothing.
>>
>>47348044
>>I will stick to the plan and only act when it's time to spring the trap
Meanwhile, charge up lazors in case fire support is needed.
>>
>>47348044
>>47348084
This.
>>
>>47348044
>>I will stick to the plan and only act when it's time to spring the trap
>>
>>47348044

>I will stick to the plan and only act when it's time to spring the trap

Stick to the plan guys,stick to the plan!
>>
>writing
>>
File: charlotte_orendilaran.png (2 MB, 1225x1865) Image search: [Google]
charlotte_orendilaran.png
2 MB, 1225x1865
Even through the dark fabric of his undermask, I can see Faceless's mouth contorting into a wide grin.

"La sorcieuse et son chat," Faceless laughs. "You honestly believe that you can prevent this?"

Charlotte's only answer is a loud, guttural roar as she and Milla charge towards their prey. Crisscrossing as they go, it's clear that their aim is to minimize any chance of escape that he has to escape them... but Faceless doesn't seem to be the least bit concerned.

Instead, he chuckles to himself while adjusting his hat.

>[1/?]
>>
File: odori.gif (2 MB, 390x840) Image search: [Google]
odori.gif
2 MB, 390x840
>>47348301

Milla's the first to reach him, pouncing at the masked thief headlong with her massive claws aimed at his throat. But just as it seems like Faceless is done for, he grabs his cape, pivots his heel, and actually freaking TWIRLS out of the way like this is some kind of ballet.

Charlotte follows up Milla's attack without missing a beat, slashing at his face while he's still spinning. But Faceless just segues this into another "dance," leaning backwards Michael Jackson-style before taking hold of her arm and tossing her aside with a Judo throw. With a loud crash, she slams right into the huge hotel flatscreen TV and snaps it in half.

"Oh shi-" I wince. "Charlotte!"

I want to help. I want to help but I don't want to jump the gun and screw up the entire plan.

"God damn it..." I mutter, gritting my teeth.

>[2/?]
>>
>>47348469
>[3/3]

"Don't worry about me, Cecile," Charlotte coughs as she pushes bits of what used to a television set off of her. "Just don't let him get Loki."

I glance back and realize that somehow, I've managed to keep up that hologram all this time. Holy shit, me.

theresa's plan would have long since fallen to ruin were things left solely to you

you have no right to claim victory here

idiot

>help the charlotte up
>she can handle herself
>>
>>47348516
>she can handle herself
>>
>>47348516
>>she can handle herself
>>
>>47348516
>she can handle herself
>>
>writing
>>
>>47348634
That's Mokou cosplaying, bro.
>>
>>47348662
Nope, is Suika.
http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=37542529
>>
File: 1402372195139.jpg (78 KB, 637x900) Image search: [Google]
1402372195139.jpg
78 KB, 637x900
Charlotte said that she'll be fine so I'm going to trust that she is. Right now my priority is keeping up the Loki illusion and making sure that the plan still works out. So I'm not going to laser a hole in Faceless's stupid head. Even though I really, REALLY want to.

"Et maintenant..." Faceless says as he continues towards his goal, "I shall claim my prize."

Just to try and sell the image, I have the hologram angrily flap its wings as Faceless continues to creep towards the couch where it and Shary are.

"Oh ho!"

Having regrouped, Milla lunges at Faceless again... but he just takes hold of his cape, positions himself to the side, and laughs as she flies through it.

"You bastard!" Charlotte shouts as she throws the last chunk of television from off of her.

Charlotte gets her answer in the form of a muffled crash and Gabrielle shouting in the still-sealed bedroom.

"Unfortunatement, je préfère des oiseaux," Faceless shrugs. "So your pussycat can wait in the other room with your sister while we finish things here."

I stand there, pretending to be paralyzed with fear as he clears the remaining distance between himself and "Loki."

>blind him when he touches the hologram
>blind him when he reaches for the hologram
>don't blind him
>>
>>47348770
>>blind him when he touches the hologram
Last possible moment.
>>
>>47348770
>blind him when he reaches for the hologram
>>
>>47348770
>blind him when he touches the hologram
>>
>writing
>>
"Bonsoir, mon nouveau ami," Faceless laughs as he reaches for the fake Loki. "You have the rare honor of being one of my few living trophies."

With triumphant laughter, Faceless reaches for the "bird"...

"What the-"

...and the instant his fingers pass right through. I steal from the thief. All the light that reaches his face is now mine, his previously white mask is rendered a darker shade of black than even exists in nature. With a panicked scream, he reels back and begins to fall through the floor...

"GHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!"

A long tendril whips out from Shary's plush body, spearing right into the meaty part of Faceless's legs and throwing him into the air.

>[1/?]
>>
File: kill.jpg (65 KB, 429x353) Image search: [Google]
kill.jpg
65 KB, 429x353
>>47348920
[REMOVE]
R
E
M
O
V
E
]
>>
File: irene_miushimazu.png (511 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
irene_miushimazu.png
511 KB, 600x600
>>47348920

Irene takes this as her signal to finally act, letting go of Theresa's hand and racing towards Faceless. She grabs him right where Shary stabbed him and jams her fingers into the wound for good measure before tearing away his cape and positioning him into some sort of weird not-quite-chokehold.

Screaming about SOLEIL and what I'm sure are a plethora of curses in French, Faceless flails around and struggles to break free of Irene's crazy-strong grip. But although he's really freaking slippery, she gets his arms locked and then slips one of her legs around his once that's done.

"No..." Faceless shrieks while trying his damnedest to stay upright, "Not like this!"

He pulls his neck forwards and slams the back of his skull into Irene's face over and over and over and over again, but she doesn't move. Or even let out any vocalizations of pain. Instead, she continues to try and get a firmer grip on him.

Especially with her face all bloody and her nose now smashed to hell the look in her eyes is horrifying.

>[2/3]
>>
>>47349077
Welp.

Deploy every non-smooth surface available.

Shary can shapeshift right? gg we got him.
>>
>>47349077
Wouldn’t now be the right time for someone Theresa to taze him? Even if just to keep him from smashing Irene’s face.
>>
>>47349166
Wouldn't that also taze Irene?
>>
>>47349170
I don’t know. I didn’t consider electricity propagating like that, but that would make sense.
>>
>>47349220
>tase her!

Now, I know what you're thinking.

"This is objectively the incorrect choice"

Yes.

However, I think it would tell a more interesting story if Cecile were to fuck it up at the last moment.
>>
>>47349220
>>keep on blinding him, she's got this
>>
>>47349220
>keep on blinding him, she's got this
Because the other option is objectively worse.
>>
>>47349220
Would a second (preferably strong) person also holding him still help? Even just to keep him from smashing into Irene’s face.

Either Shary or Charlotte would be fine for this. Especially for Shary this should be trivially easy.

>Shary helps keep him still.
>Charlotte gets her tiger and sister.
>Theresa keeps Loki safe.
>>
>>47349220
>keep on blinding him, she's got this
Hit his arms with lasers if we have a clean shot. That might keep him from fighting as much.

>>47349248
This would be good too.
>>
>writing
>>
>>47349077
>[3/3]

I don't know if it's from the hold that Irene has on him or the pain of getting stabbed in the legs twice or the fact that he can't see anything while all of this is going on, but Faceless is growing more and more frantic. He slams his elbows into Irene's ribcage until I hear something cracking, he stomps on her feet until the same happens, but she doesn't move at all.

"C'est dommage," Irene whispers into his ear. "Vous êtes échappés d'abîme des âmes, mais vous n'êtes pas échappés a moi."

This sets Faceless off into a crazy shrieking tirade as he pulls away from her harder than he ever had before, throwing all his weight forwards as he tries with all his might to force her off of him.

"Shit!" Theresa shouts. "Irene, can't you get him into a sleeper hold or something!?"

Damn, that's right- she has all those tasers that would be perfect right now, but using them would shock Irene too and-

"Fight all you want, thief," Irene whispers. "You're never escaping from me again."

>she's got this
>tase her!
>>
please forgive my OCD.
>>
>>47349310
>she's got this
>>
>>47349318
As long as we don't have to re-vote
>>
File: irene_hinomars.jpg (661 KB, 1060x1500) Image search: [Google]
irene_hinomars.jpg
661 KB, 1060x1500
"Shary!" I call out. Can you help hold him in place!?"

There's no way we can risk shocking both of them with things as they are now so that seems like the safest resort.

"Really," Irene grins, "that won't be necessary."

But Shary doesn't seem to think the same, as her plushie arms are already in the midst of splitting into multiple tentacles. After absorbing a decent amount of the couch for its mass, they all race towards the masked thief.

>[1/?]
>>
>>47349350
>[2/2]

Faceless screams as one of the tentacle appendages wraps around the leg that Irene already lad locked.

"NO!"

He stomps his free foot, trying to push himself out of the grasp of the tentacle that he totally can't see because I'm still blinding him. I involuntarily let out a little chuckle when I think about just how horrifying all this must be for him.

"I WILL NOT!"

Faceless slams his head into Irene's face again.

"BE!"

Shary wraps another tentacle around their legs as he stomps his foot and headbutts Irene another time.

"CAPTURED!!!"

Throwing all his weight into it, Faceless kicks backwards, slams his arms into Irene's sides and his head into her face with enough force to actually make her lose her balance. Shary holds on to them with the tentacle she already had around their legs and reaches out with even more, but the sheer positioning is enough to send them falling backwards.

And through the floor.

"I- I still have them!" Shary shouts in that bizarre monster voice as she pulls them back up by their legs... and suddenly flings them into the ceiling.

Completely separated from their owners.
>>
That's all for tonight's thread, folks. It was a fun ride and I'd like to keep going but I really should have gone to bed well over an hour ago.

Depending on how things go, the next thread may be on Friday night. If not, the next liekly date is Sunday night.

and now questions
>>
>>47349417
Irene can't possibly lose to a legless Faceless, can she?
>>
>>47349417
O_O
>>
>>47349417
I really don’t get what Shary was doing. I would have thought he’d go for the head first or something.

Hopefully Irene doesn’t have to suffer much before terminating that body.

>>47349446
Thank you for the thread. Could we get the legs stuffed as a trophy?
>>
>>47349454
>Irene can't possibly lose to a legless Faceless, can she?
Compare both characters' past reactions to being subjected to horrific pain.

>>47349481
>I really don’t get what Shary was doing. I would have thought he’d go for the head first or something.
The leg that Irene had already immobilized was the easiest and safest thing to get a hold of at the time. Faceless was flailing everything else around while that was happening and Shary didn't want to mess up and hurt Irene by accident.
Then she was going to reel them in with the remaining tentacles.
things did not go as planned

>Hopefully Irene doesn’t have to suffer much before terminating that body.
Irene lives to suffer.

>Could we get the legs stuffed as a trophy?
Why would you want this.

And now I sleep. Thanks for playing!

For further questioning:
http://maouzenigame.tumblr.com/

Game production blog:
https://studioarchelon.wordpress.com/
>>
>>47349454
Death by blood loss is a serious concern given he lost both his legs.
>>
>>47349577
We do know he has some way of fixing stuff like that.
>>
>>47349627
It isn't like losing a finger, this isn't something you can just walk away from.
>>
>>47349651
If he can move between any two falt surfaces he could already be with someone that can help him.
>>
>>47349666
But we have his legs.
>>
>>47349691
I don't think it's too out of the question for him to have a branch buddy who can heal traumatic wounds.
Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 27

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.