[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
An honest to god question
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (213 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
213 KB, 1024x576
/tg/ I realized something, how come there is no chaos god of death? I mean Nurgle is technically one of life, but what about one of death?
>>
>>47340995
No one dies in the 41st millennium.

Why do you think the Emperor is still technically alive?
>>
>>47341023
Believe me, a lot of people die.
The emperor as we knew him in life really is dead, all that remains is the insanely unravelling psychic essence of the hundreds of psyker shamans who once formed his mind.
>>
>>47340995
Each one represents different aspects of it.

Nurgle is death through neglect, slow decay, disease etc.

Khorne covers all violent deaths

Slaneesh is death by excess, when you od or whatever

Tzeencth is death as a result of accidents (fate)
>>
>>47340995
>>47341168

The chaos gods are manifestations of thought and emotion right? so it would make sense that there would be a god of death considering how often people contemplate their own mortality and the strong emotional response to the death of friends/family.

perhaps there is a chaos god of death but no one living has met him.
>>
>>47341505
Maybe he died.
>>
>>47340995
Death is the ultimate embodiment of Order.

Nothing escapes it, even gods themselves will eventually have deaths of a sort without mortals to sustain them.

Nothing can be more anathema to Chaos than utter silence.
>>
>>47340995

That's more of a Necron thing.
>>
>>47340995
the emporor is the 5th chaos god
the god of death

all the damned bluepilled followers of the emperor refuse to see the reality of it all
>>
Death isn't an emotional concept you fucking faggot
>>
>>47341962
This ain't /b/
Why u hurlin faggot at people
Your latent homosexuality is nothing to be ashamed of man, you want a brojob?
>>
You're thinking of Maal fagget
>>
>>47342019

Fuck off, retard, when OP stops being a faggot I'll stop calling him one
>>
>>47342087
Can't you go to a thread where OP starts with an image and one line of green text and call him a faggot rightfully?

This OP started with a question that is at least more intelligent then other 40k threads.

Also >>47341168 is probably correct as they embody these concepts, otherwise it's probably Nurgle as his ideas are also the denial of death.
>>
>>47341888
You're thinking of the god the eldar are forming right now.
>>
File: 012.jpg (930 KB, 1141x1567) Image search: [Google]
012.jpg
930 KB, 1141x1567
>>47340995
>>47341505
Nurgle is life and death, despair and defiance.

"In death there is life. Upon the decay of the living thrive untold numbers of bacteria, viruses, insects and other carrion-feeders. All life feeds upon other life to exist, and from every plague grow new generations, stronger and more virile than before. As regeneration comes from decay, so hope springs from despair. The greatest inspiration comes in the darkest moments; in times of crisis are mortals truly tested and driven to excel."
>>
>>47341962
How about fear then? Seems pretty prevalent in 40k.
>>
>>47343277
Given that all emotion can be traced back to fear, that maybe just be the primal warp-stuff that the immaterium is made of. Think about it, why does people join the Chaos gods? They fear their mediocrity, their weakness, their death, their stagnation.
>>
>>47340995
there isn't a god of death because death isn't an emotion
>>
>>47344062
Isn't stopping the Eldar from making one.
>>
>>47344268

Worked out so well last time they made a god, why not do it again?
>>
>>47344316
Hey, they made a god of living to the absolute. They intend to fix that with a god of final death.
>>
>>47342019
Fag
>>
Closest thing would be Malal, but they he's so edgy that his followers suck at everything.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.