[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the fuck is wrong with you?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: 1354901296653.gif (474 KB, 127x139) Image search: [Google]
1354901296653.gif
474 KB, 127x139
I really hope it is just because 4chan is full of retarded people, but the amount I read on here about awful sessions and people is astonishing at least. I live in Germany, have been roleplaying since 15 years or so, attended several conventions and have never met a real "that guy". I've met annoying people, cheaters, people who are difficult to argue and reason with but it was always still possible to play with them, and if I didn't like them, guess what, I didn't play with them after that anymore. I didn't meet people trying to include their magical realm too much or GMs TPKing every session because they want to feel powerful. I know it's easy to tell lies on the internet but the sheer amount of crying about the other players speaks against everything being fake. Rule #1: Don't play with idiots. I'd much rather not play at all than with assholes. Do you know absolutely no decent people? Threads like "Is it really a good idea to play with friends?" baffle me, as that is what I was assuming most people do instead of some random guys you don't even like from the local game shop. If people smell, tell them to shower in a nice way because pointing it out is not rude. Smell can't be ignored. In all matters just stop being offended by everything and stay reasonable. It's not that fucking hard for intelligent human beings, which I am sure most of you think they are.

Don't care much if this is deleted without replies, I just needed to rant.
>>
Ok
>>
>>47338965
Most of it is fiction or greatly exaggerated.
>>
>>47338965
tl;dr

Next time, try using the Enter key.
>>
Ok
>>
>>47338965
I think you're suffering from a bias towards people only telling stories about their bad players. Telling you a story about someone I generally had a good time with but did nothing particularly of note just doesn't make for an interesting read on a thread, as it's the norm.

That said, part of the that guy stories come from the difficulty of finding a /tg/ group without connections. The hobby itself doesn't always draw the best of people, though there are some great ones playing. It's like someone else said in another thread, if you're looking on the internet or at some other last resort type place to find players, you're only going to find the ones no one else would play with.
>>
>>47338965
It's an anonymous image board known for attracting socially handicapped jobless weaboos. What were you expecting?
>>
>>47338965
>the amount I read on here about awful sessions and people is astonishing
Normal stories are boring
We talk about the crazy ones
>>
File: americans.jpg (19 KB, 384x395) Image search: [Google]
americans.jpg
19 KB, 384x395
>>
>2016
>falling for the reading meme
>>
>>47339021
This. Sometimes I do wonder what exactly is proportion of genuine Anons sharing a story and Australian lads trying to bait people.
>>
>>47339295
If this isn't ironic, you're an idiot.
>>
File: imgres.jpg (4 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
imgres.jpg
4 KB, 300x168
>>47339530
>>falling for the reading meme
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.